Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Teleute's Curse of the Crimson Throne PFRPG

Game Master Kris Vanhoyland

The struggle of Korvosa to survive under the encroaching evil.

Day 4: Calistril 23, 4712

Maps & Handouts
Korvosa Map
Loot list


1 to 50 of 689 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Battle Map | Korvosa Map

Gameplay thread for my Curse of the Crimson Throne PFRGP game. For all things directly pertinent to the game.


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

Checking in!


Female human (Chelaxian) inquisitor 1 || hp 6/10 || AC 18, touch 14, flatfooted 14 || Perception +7, Sense Motive +8 || Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 || CMB +2, CMD 16 || Init +4 || Harrow 4/5 || Party loot

Kamilla steps out of the Grand Cathedral of Pharasma, squinting her eyes against the rising sun. A discarded pamphlet stuck in the thorns of the rosebushes catches her eye.

Welcome to the remarkable city of Korvosa! Beautiful, shining Korvosa, gleaming jewel and gateway to Varisia.

"Psch, yeah, right," Kamilla huffs as she crumples up the pamphlet. Cesspit of Varisia would be more accurate, She thinks to herself. Looking out over the city as it awakens, slowly being lit by the warming rays of the sun, she relaxes slightly. A soft western breeze starts to blow in, bringing with it the fresh scent of the sea. "Well, at the very least it seems like it could turn out to be a pretty nice day."


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

Checking in.


Battle Map | Korvosa Map

Children playing the the streets, men and women browsing the markets as the calls of shop keepers fill the air. In the shadowed alleyways, figures slink and broker deals best left unspoken in 'civilized' company. Business as usual for the bustling city of Korvosa. But for five individuals today is anything but normal. Feel free to expand upon your normal day and the discovery.

Rebecca Mavern:
Chasing after a known Lamm's Lamb the kid disappears around a corner but drops something. An exquisitely decorated card bearing a centaur comfortably laden with all sorts of traveling gear, being prepared for almost any situation. An open book icon is placed on the top center edge of the card. On the back in bold black ink is written, "I know what Gaedren has done to Preet. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

Roran Rydell:
You notice that tucked away with the gear to take care of Azreal is an exquisitely decorated card depicting an enormous castle walking on multiple legs, a hammer icon is placed on the top center edge of the card. On the back in bold black ink is written, "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

Kamilla Moor:
You see, stuck in your holy symbol to Pharasma is an exquisitely decorated card bearing a brightly colored hideous avian creature has the body of an emaciated rooster, the wings of a bat, and a long, scaly tail. Hidden in the center of the picture on the creatures body is a key figure. On the back in bold black ink is written, "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

Pia Verlaine:
You find tucked in one of your husbands old jacket pockets an exquisitely decorated card, bearing a scene from a marriage between a woman made of water and a man made of fire with a crown on the left center edge of the card. On the back in bold black ink is written, "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

Corwin Avelard:
As you flip through your spell book a page catches. Stuck between the pages is an exquisitely decorated card depicting an elderly make perusing a tome, his face in an expression of epiphany and a magical light above his head. An open book symbol is placed at the top left edge of the card. On the back in bold black ink is written, "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

Knowledge (Local) DC 12 or 1d3 hours asking around:

This is the home and fortune telling shop of a Varisian woman named Zellara


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 9 + (1) = 27

"Come back, I only have a few questions for you!" Rebecca yells after the retreating waif in vain. Sighing as the child seemingly vanishes into thin air, she almost misses the card dropped. "Curious. I would not expect one of them to possess harrow cards, let alone ones of this quality." Picking it up, she quickly examines the inscription. "Zellara works there if memory serves. I would expect she still does, if she is behind this calling card. Seriously though, you would think she would just pay my offices a visit if she wanted to schedule a meeting."

Sighing in partial frustration, Rebecca pockets the card and returns to her shop in East Shore to get ready for her new appointment. She gives a loving pat to her door sign as she passes, a depiction of an angel wrapping its wings around a small drawing of Korvosa with the words "Angelic Inquiries: Private Investigators". "I really need to consider taking on an assistant, if only so that people stop wondering about who the other investigator is."


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

Corwin's eyes darted with narrowed suspicion around the small, dusty room he had rented at the Night and Dragon, a reasonably reputable boarding house off Arkona Street in Old Korvosa.

Nobody. And no indications that anyone had been in his room. Additionally, the arcane seal that I place usually discourages tampering. He looked down his nose at the offending card, that he had found between "Inerrant Force Projection" and "Invitation to Minor Creatures for Support During Combat".

Knowledge, Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

I believe this address to be the home of Zellara...Hmph. I thought that she was a typical fraud, but if she knows where Wren is...

His eyes narrowed as anger at Gaedren, fear for his child, and anger at himself for not being home sweept through him in a familiar wave.

And yet, finally he had a direction. Weeks of searching, spreading coin, asking questions had led him nowhere. It felt as if he had been drowning in the storm-tossed sea, and someone had finally thrown a lifeline to him.

I should go by the address now, to see if there is any indication that this is Gaedren setting a trap... he thought. While the method of delivery seems to indicate that this is legitimate, I HAVE been nosing around Gaedren's business for a while, and I might have made a nuisance of myself...enough to have thugs set upon me...


HP: 13 | AC: 16 T:12 FF:14 | Init: +2| Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +3 (+2) | Perception: +7

A wicked grin grows on Roran's face.

See Azreal, Just having you along already brought out leads. Shoulda came here from the start. Roran thinks to his dragon.

Ah, yes, and everyone will know about you know. Just waltzing into a huge town with a dragon like its no big deal. The guard almost has a heart attack. I also sense nothing but trouble from furthering this lust for reven- Azreal responds, but is mentally interrupted

Its not just about revenge, this note states others have been harmed already, its about keeping him from harming anyone else. If I enjoy removing the threat, thats just a bonus. We have had this talk several times already.

The dragon mentally sighs.
So, you will now take it upon yourself to remove every single threat to people? A year ago you wanted nothing more than to explore the world upon the winds. To shirk responsibilities and duties for a carefree life.

Roran stops cleaning his armor and blade and looks down for a moment.
Hmph, things change. Sometimes something important comes along you can't ignore. Well lets get going, you know where this place is? aaaahhhhhh This will take a while I suppose. On the plus side, that old bastard is bound to hear about us. I'm sure he is shaking in his boots at the thought of being dragon chow.

Azreal snorts. I don't eat old junk food, I'm mildly insulted.

Roran gives a genuine smile before asking for directions to anyone brave enough to speak to a young man with a dragon behind him then heads on to the place, confident as anyone with a dragon as a friend would be.


F Human (Chelaxian) Oracle (Occult) 2; HP 21/21; AC 16 T 12 FF 14; F+2, R+2, W+3 (+4 vs. mind-affecting) Init +2; Perception 0; Harrow 4; Spells 1: 3/5

Although slightly warm for regular seasonal weather, Pia shudders and draws the old coat tighter around her. She was always cold lately, no longer remembering a time when she had true warmth in her bones. She would rather be home, sleeping. But the nagging incessant pounding in her head had her out of bed and going shopping for her weekly food stores. She knew better than to ignore, it would only grow into a headache if she did.

Having purchased a meager amount of grocery, she began her slow walk home. She no longer cared about the looks she saw from the merchants, some pity, some unease. Most she no longer even looked at to see what expression they were giving her, just pointed to what she wanted, and silently handed over the coins.

Passing a few vagrant children, Pia ‘accidentally’ drops a few coppers and one of the apples as her bundle slips before heading on her way. Once again she finds herself in front of the pawn shop and stands there staring thru the side window at the counter. While she cannot see the ring from this angle and distance, she knows exactly where it is. After a while, the shopkeeper notices her, blanches, and the curtain gets drawn. Heh, a small almost chuckle passes her mind before she sighs. 500 gold… As another cold shudder passes thru Pia, she wraps the heavy coat around her tighter, only to feel something in the pocket.

A Harrow Card? That was defiantly not there earlier. Are the voices now leaving me things? Pia goes to throw the card away when he mind assaults her. No…No…No… echoes from all directions in various languages. It’s then she notices the writing on the back.

3 Lancet Street
Know. Local: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Zellara's place? What Others? Still staring at the card, Pia doesn't notice she has began walking again until she arrives at the door to her house. Justice? Somewhere deep inside a tiny glimmer of hope pulses to life.


Female human (Chelaxian) inquisitor 1 || hp 6/10 || AC 18, touch 14, flatfooted 14 || Perception +7, Sense Motive +8 || Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 || CMB +2, CMD 16 || Init +4 || Harrow 4/5 || Party loot

Kamilla starts her morning ritual of walking the cathedral grounds. She's never found anything out of the ordinary, but she still does it all the same. The morning sunlight reflects off the black marble walls of the cathedral, almost painful to the eyes. She stops momentarily as she comes across a lonely purple flower, growing out from between the rough cobblestones. Pretty, although I assume it's technically a weed.

After her morning walk, she heads down below into the crypts beneath the cathedral, where the air is cold and dry. There, on a cold, stone slab, awaits her work for the day. A dead body, another poor soul who's lost their life on the streets of Korvosa. It appears to be quite a young man, in his early thirties perhaps, and judging from the dried blood on his body, it seems a violent death as well. Kamilla goes to work, starting with cleaning and washing the body. The dried blood seems to be caused by several stabbing wounds to the abdomen, so he probably went painfully as well. As she is oft to do, Kamilla's mind wanders. Who was this person, and what was he like? When he finally stands before the Lady and looks back on his life, what will he be thinking? Would he have done things differently, knowing he'd end up here before me, on a cold stone slab in an underground crypt? Would he have been a better person?

Many hours later, Kamilla finishes up by glueing his eyes and mouth shut, after which she cleans up and redresses herself. Picking up the stuff from her locker, she comes across a strange card stuck to her holy symbol. She glances up and down the corridor for a moment before turning it over and reading the text scribbled on it. Gaedren... Gaedren Lamm. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. This is the adress of that fortune teller I believe, and if I'm not mistaken, this seems like a harrow card. If there's one person that could stand to be judged, it's that man.

Quickly packing up, Kamilla heads back up to the main floor. The card said sunset, so I best hurry.

As Kamilla heads outside in the direction of 3 Lancet Street, she steps on the lonely purple flower, not noticing in her hurry.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

Gathering a few of her belongings, Rebecca changes quickly out of her traveler's clothes. "For some reason, these just don't feel right for this meeting." Taking out her old soldier's uniform, she examines it in the afternoon light. "Lamm. Finally brought to justice. All of his crimes answered for. His wickedness finally ended, his victims avenged or freed. Yes, this may not quite be Guard business... but if this is fruitful I imagine they will not mind."

Placing the uniform on with practiced ease, Rebecca only briefly touches the portion where her rank insignia should have been. After a moment's thought, she puts her parade armor over it. Attaching her rapier to her belt, and shouldering her crossbow and quarrel of bolts, the Aasimar woman sets out to meet with Zellara and her mysterious friends.


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

After finishing his morning studies, Corwin splashed cold water on his face from a basin on the small table in the room. Then, because leaving anything of real value behind would be madness, regardless of the reassurances of the proprietor, he stuffed his spellbook in his satchel.

Dagger, spellbook, components, purse, chalk. Not much else needed for today, or with luck, tonight. he thought, patting each item on his person. Then he put the rest of his gear into the footlocker that came with the room and locked it, placing the key in his pouch. The arcane mark he had placed on the lid several days previous still plainly liminal in the gloom of the room. Satisfied he left, locking the room on his way out.

As much as he wanted the hours to pass with haste, bringing the appointed hour quickly, it did not. He broke his fast in the Rampant Toad with a short stein of heavy beer and some dark bread, fresh baked and grainy. Then it was off to the market stalls along the street in the district. Old Korvosa may have been poor and run-down, but it did have plenty of gossip, and the wagging tongues to impart it.

For the next few hours Corwin spent his time asking the same questions that he always did. Visited the same stalls, talked to the same fruit vendor and book sellers.

Well, at least nobody knows if there is a mark on me. I would hope that some of my acquaintances would have the honor to let me know, or at a minimum ask for the coin required to open their lips.

In the afternoon, he nonchalantly skulked his way past 3 Lancet street, as well as could be expected for a middle-aged history professor.

Looks innocent enough. he thought, moving past. Now to find a tavern to wait the remaining hours in.


Battle Map | Korvosa Map

Even at its busiest hour, West Dock in Midland doesn't see more traffic than a couple dozen locals going to and from work. It is here where you find Lancet Street, a small collection of homes nestled amongst warehouses and food processing facilities.

While most of the buildings on Lancet Street need some form of upkeep, Zellara's home looks to be one of the better kept on the street. The outside is a simple and dull natural wood that blends in with the rest of the street. Other than any of the PC's there are no other people in the area all day. This changes right before sunset as work for the day ends but it quickly returns to it's desolate state.


Female human (Chelaxian) inquisitor 1 || hp 6/10 || AC 18, touch 14, flatfooted 14 || Perception +7, Sense Motive +8 || Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 || CMB +2, CMD 16 || Init +4 || Harrow 4/5 || Party loot

Kamilla is probably not the first to arrive, as sunset was already settling in as she finished her work in the crypts.

When she finally does arrive, she looks around cautiously first, before giving the door a few knocks.

If anyone is already there, she will hold up the harrow card by way of question.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

Arriving a few minutes before the appointed time, Rebecca looks at the red gold rays of light as the sun sets out over Conqueror's Bay. "This city can be so beautiful some times... it almost covers up the decay and rot if you let it." Sighing to herself, Rebecca knocks on the Varisian woman's door with no small amount of confidence.


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

Corwin rounds the corner in time to see a tall, stately young woman knocking on the door at the address. The street was still as quiet as it had been several hours prior, the only visible inhabitants a grey tabby sunning itself, a few sparrows, and the woman.

As he approaches, the women takes notice of him some distance away. Sharp one. Looks like a guard...but not...ex-Sable Legion?

"Good evening." he says simply. "It appears that we have the same appointment. I am Corwin Avelard. I apologize for my brusquness, but I think these circumstances are somewhat unique. Diid you also receive a...unique...invitation?" he asks cautiously.


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

"Strange for someone else to be on these streets at this time of day," Rebecca muses to herself as the older gentleman approaches. Out of practiced response to an unusual unknown, her hand goes to her rapier's handle, but she allows it to rest there without drawing. "No sense in being overtly hostile. Well, at least not yet."

"An interesting supposition. A correct one, in this case, but for all you knew I could have been seeking Madame Zellara to perform a harrowing to find a lost kitten." Rebecca smiles. "I am Rebecca Mavern, by the way. Formerly of the Korvosian Guard. But I gather you probably could guess that much," she adds with a laugh.


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

Corwin allows a smile to crease his face for a moment. "Actually, I was incorrect in my original supposition. I had misidentified your uniform and thought you were ex-Sable Legion. I have much greater respect for the Korvosian Guard. Your former colleagues did a better job of keeping the city running efficiently."

"And you had a look about you...one of purpose. People looking for lost kittens are usually a bit more..." he trails off, then makes a circling motion near his head.

"Did you knock?"


Battle Map | Korvosa Map

A light breeze blows past, opening the door about halfway giving a glance inside.

As you look inside this small and humble home you find yourself in a single cozy chamber. Your nose is met with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The aroma comes from several sticks of incense smoldering in wall-mounted burners that look like winged elves. The smoke gives the room a hazy dream like quality. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling human hearts, and another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall, hooded figure shrouded in mist, holding a flaming sword in a skeletal hand. Several brightly colored rugs cover the floor, but the room's only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throw cloth and surrounded by six elegant, tall-backed chairs. A plain stone holds down a piece of parchment on the table. Sitting under the table is a basket covered by a blue cloth.

The note on the table.:

Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and wine for you.


HP: 13 | AC: 16 T:12 FF:14 | Init: +2| Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +3 (+2) | Perception: +7

Roran is likely one of the last to reach the house. Those inside hear a knock, then the door opens and a dragon head a bit bigger than a horses head peeks into the room, promptly sneezes due to the incense and pulls out. You hear a chuckle as a half-elf clad in chain walks through.

Yes, well you weren't wrong Azreal, this place does have quite the scent. Noticing the others in the room already, he gives a sheepish smile.

ah, hehe, is this, um. 3 Lancet Street? I was asked to come here, hope I'm not interrupting anything.


F Human (Chelaxian) Oracle (Occult) 2; HP 21/21; AC 16 T 12 FF 14; F+2, R+2, W+3 (+4 vs. mind-affecting) Init +2; Perception 0; Harrow 4; Spells 1: 3/5

Pia makes her slow shuffling way down Lancet street and up to the house. Not until she walks into the back of the young man standing there does she realize the door was already open. She stands there blinking at all those in the room a moment, her eyes hitting the watch uniform of one of them and she sharply intakes a breath, until she looks farther up into the glowing face of the young woman. Shoulders slumping even more, she sighs, sits down in the closest chair and reaches for the paper on the table and reads it. Leaning over she pulls out the basket, and sets the items on the table.

Only as she is trying to open the wine bottle does she turn towards the window with an curious expression. Was something outside? before she turns towards the rest. "Wine?" Her voice comes out raspy from unuse.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female human (Chelaxian) inquisitor 1 || hp 6/10 || AC 18, touch 14, flatfooted 14 || Perception +7, Sense Motive +8 || Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 || CMB +2, CMD 16 || Init +4 || Harrow 4/5 || Party loot

As Kamilla enters the house, she looks around the room, her eyes resting momentarily on each of you, though slightly longer on Rebecca. "I take it none of you are the fortune-teller?" She holds up the harrow card. "Did you receive one of these as well?"

After reading the note, Kamilla glances under the table. She then plops down in one of the chairs, taking care to face the door, and puts her boots up on the table. "I have to say, I'm not too keen on trying that food and drink. This kinda smells like a trap."

When the dragon pokes his head through, Kamilla turns pale and quickly flies upright, startled. "That... that thing is yours?"


HP: 13 | AC: 16 T:12 FF:14 | Init: +2| Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +3 (+2) | Perception: +7

Ah, yes, Azreal, come say hi, you know, for someone always talking about me scaring people, you always let your curiosity get the better of you. I think you startled them.

From outside you here a rather deep voice.

No, no thank you, my nose is still confused after the first whiff. Ah, my apologies for that... I think, Ah, a window. I'll wait here.

Roran turns back to the group inside.

Yea, you could say he is a, ah, lifelong friend of mine. Don't worry, he is quite nice, if a tad clumsy. Now, you said you all got these cards too? He holds up his.

At the window you see Azreal's silver scaled face appear. I am not clumsy. Every single movement I make is perfectly graceful. He gives a snort which causes the window to frost up with ice.

Oh, hm, my apologies again for the window, it'll thaw... eventually.


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

Slightly earlier:

At Corwin's depiction of his view on the guard, Rebecca's face becomes a mostly neutral mask. "Yes, well... that is what I thought too, when I joined them. In some parts of the city it is truer than others, but you only have to walk the various districts to find that out." Her hand goes from her hilt to where her rank used to be without Rebecca seeming to notice. A cold breeze hits her, pushing open the door and breaking her internal reverie.

"Funny, I had knocked but it was much more tightly closed then. Shall we?"

Heading inside slightly ahead of Corwin, Rebecca quickly examines the note and retrieves the reported wine and bread. Setting them on the table beside the note of explanation, she shrugs and pulls out a chair for herself. "For someone who took seemingly great pains to get me to meet her, you would think she would be on time herself."

When Kamilla enters:

Meeting the woman's eyes as they rest upon her, she smiles. "No, though she is running late apparently. If such a thing is to be believed. I am Rebecca Mavern, private investigator and proprietor of Angelic Inquiries. I doubt that they are poisoned, but I think I will wait for our host to try some of them first. No sense in being careless."

When the dragon pops its head in, Rebecca's reaction is prompt. Pushing back and crouching down (causing the chair to fall over) she draws her crossbow from her back and quickly loads a bolt, raising it just in time to see the young man in the doorway. "A shapeshifter?"

Hearing the explanation, she lowers the crossbow and retrieves her chair. "Come in. We are awaiting the same person it seems."

Rebecca is so startled that she fails to really register the arrival of Pia, or her reaction to her uniform, until a few moments after she had already sat down. Seeing her, a sad smile graces the woman's lips. "Hello Pia. Somehow seeing you makes a lot of sense, given the invitation."


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

"A DRAGON? HERE IN TOWN?!" Corwin says, shocked beyond reason, Roran's words making little impact on his surprise and fear.

Corwin backed up against the wall, bumping against one of the hanging tapistries, eyeing the window and door with some trepidation.

"Lad, you had better explain fast." Corwin says, drawn dagger waving about for emphasis. "Furthermore, even if this creature is your ally, I can assure you that it will be dead soon enough. The Hell Knights of the Order of the Nail will find a reason to kill the creature soon enough, some law that the creature has broken that they can enforce. The honor that they would claim for killing the creature would likely overwhelm their sensibilities." Corwin says, eyes flashing to Roran for a moment before going back to the door and window.


F Human (Chelaxian) Oracle (Occult) 2; HP 21/21; AC 16 T 12 FF 14; F+2, R+2, W+3 (+4 vs. mind-affecting) Init +2; Perception 0; Harrow 4; Spells 1: 3/5

Pia gives a small smile at Rebecca, one that doesn't meet her eyes, "Guard.....Mavern? Hello." She turns to Corwin, "The Nail doesn't come to these parts, at least not this time of night. No one does." Then she goes back to examining the cheeses.


HP: 13 | AC: 16 T:12 FF:14 | Init: +2| Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +3 (+2) | Perception: +7

Roran looks to Corwin, slightly confused.

Well sure, a dragon isn't something you see everyday, but we haven't broken an laws. Don't know why they would want to kill him either. Hes friendly, and even saved my life once.

The dragon chuckles. ahh they can try, we don't go out easy.

Roran shakes his head. He means, if worst comes to worst we can just fly off.

Another snort is heard. You don't have to tell them that.

You get a really good idea that the kid has never set foot in a town a quarter of the size as this one. Much less one as... underhanded, in nature.

And just to clarify, the dragon is only about double the size of a horse. Its big, but only counts as a large creature.


Female human (Chelaxian) inquisitor 1 || hp 6/10 || AC 18, touch 14, flatfooted 14 || Perception +7, Sense Motive +8 || Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 || CMB +2, CMD 16 || Init +4 || Harrow 4/5 || Party loot

Raising an eyebrow, Kamilla seems to relax. "Quite a friend you have there, kid. You'll have to regale us with the tale of how you met such a creature. First though, I believe introductions are in order? My name is Kamilla, born and raised in Korvosa. I'm... employed at the Grand Cathedral of Pharasma. It certainly sounds like we have a common goal that sees us here."

Motioning towards Rebecca's uniform, she asks, "So I take it you're not here in any official capacity?"

"As for the Hellknights, I wouldn't be too sure about that. They seem to turn up at the most inopportune times, and I get the feeling I've been seeing more and more of them out and about lately. I have to agree with the old man there, that dragon is sure to draw some attention. This isn't exactly Kaer Maga, after all," Kamilla says as she puts the chair upright again and sits down.

"Anyway, matters at hand, anyone got a clue as to why this fortune-teller asked us all out here? I have to admit, I find it a bit odd that she wants to meet all of us at this time, then decides to step out for an errand," Kamilla says as she motions towards the note on the table.


Battle Map | Korvosa Map

"Quite observant Ms. Moor." A soft voice says. Leaning against the door frame you all entered the room through is a slightly aged Varisian woman with a kind smile, her long dark hair kept up in a brightly colored bandana and standing in an equally bright and flowing skirt of varisian fashion. "I knew I found the right people for this endeavor."

"As you may guess, I am Zellara, the woman responsible for calling you here." She walks over and takes the empty seat at the table. As Zellara walks she shuffles a Harrow deck with almost supernatural dexterity and skill. "Sorry for my secrecy but I wanted to make sure that my cards made their way to the right people. I was worried that Gaedren Lamm or his men would intercept them."


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

Right before Zellara arrives:
Rebecca nods with a grim look on her face. "Aye, Corwin, they do not play around with regards to what is lawful. We rarely had cause to work cases with them, but on the rare occasion we did it was never pleasant. They maintain order, and uphold the law, but always by the letter and down to the most miniscule iota of it." She addresses Roran with a note of compassion. "I hope you have a permit for your friend, or Corwin is quite right: one of their order might very well have a new decoration for their doorway."

Turning to Kamilla, but also addressing Pia, she smiles. "I am not, as I have been retired for almost three years now. I keep the uniform and armor mostly for when they need my help investigating a case. While this is not officially their business, unofficially... well, Mr. Lamm has been a thorn in the city's side for too long to not be plucked."

As the figure of the Varisian woman arrives, Rebecca shakes her head. "Perhaps you should have just dropped by my office. It would have been faster, more reliable. And it wouldn't have been almost intercepted by one of Lamm's Lambs." Rebecca quickly produces the centaur card and places it on the table, briefly describing the circumstances of how she got it.


Battle Map | Korvosa Map

Zellara chuckles at Rebecca's retelling seeming almost unconcerned at the Lamb having the card. "Those little lamb's can be quick slippery little buggers, but I doubt he even knew he had it." She adds with a sly smile. "It is true that it would have been easier to just stop by your office, but in an unfortunate twist of Zellara does a fancy shuffle with her harrow deck for emphasis fate my hands are left tied in regards to acting against Gaedren, forcing me to use indirect action."

"Whether it's missing children, Zellara motions to Corwin and Rebecca a desire to find justice for a lost loved one, she motions to Roran and Pia or paying back an old slights motioning lastly to Kamilla you've all been affected by that despicable man. As my note said I am looking for justice as well. Zellara sets the deck down, a somber mood comes over her. About a year ago one of Gaedren's men stole my harrow deck, an old family heirloom as well as my sole means of providing for myself. My son tracked down Gaedren's hideout and stole my deck back. Unbeknownst to us, my son was being followed and after he returned the cards to me was knifed to death in an ally."

"I sought help with the Korvosan Guard but they turned me away. So I asked around, paid a few bribes, and consulted the cards for advice. And recently, my persistence was rewarded - I found our where Gaedren is hiding, an old fishery north of here, at Westpier 17. It's where he trains some of the abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures."


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

Rebecca's face becomes a mask of marble as Zellara weaves her tale. "Again the Guard refusing to look in on a murder. Probably because she is pureblooded Varisian. As if one's heritage should dictate if justice needs to be met." She shakes her head. "Given my uniform, we both know the answer to the question before I ask it. I am bound by honor to do so anyway, again by what I am wearing." The Aasimar woman makes a small show of clearing her throat exaggeratedly. "Ahem. 'If you have the location of Gaedren Lamm and enough evidence at his location to convict him, why have you not sought out the Korvosan Guard?' As a personal note I can say that there are some captains that would be more than willing to bring squads down upon his head, even if others think it beneath them somehow."


Female human (Chelaxian) inquisitor 1 || hp 6/10 || AC 18, touch 14, flatfooted 14 || Perception +7, Sense Motive +8 || Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 || CMB +2, CMD 16 || Init +4 || Harrow 4/5 || Party loot

Kamilla grimaces at Zellara's telling. "Your son sounds like he was brave. Foolish, but brave. In any case, my condolences."

Turning to Rebecca, Kamilla gives her a soft smile. "Apologies, but not everyone shares your trust in the watch. Gaedren Lamm is a slippery eel, who's to say he won't just bribe his way out of justice, I'm sure you're aware that the watch isn't averse to taking bribes," she adds after a moment's thought.


Female human (Chelaxian) inquisitor 1 || hp 6/10 || AC 18, touch 14, flatfooted 14 || Perception +7, Sense Motive +8 || Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 || CMB +2, CMD 16 || Init +4 || Harrow 4/5 || Party loot

"I, for one, am eager to see him brought before justice. Wether that is the justice of the courts, or the justice of being judged by the Lady, I'll leave up to fate to decide," Kamilla says as she reaches over the table, helping herself to a piece of bread.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

"Zellara." Corwin breathes after the woman introduces herself.

I also feared for a trap.

"Delivering the card into my spellbook was a trick of some note," Corwin begins. "But more importantly is that you have delivered me what I wanted more than anything else in the world. A path to my daughter. If I can bring Gaedren to justice in the rescue of my daughter, I will."

Corwin is silent for a moment, thinking. "I am not a warrior but a teacher of children, an educator in ancient history. I may have some magical skills, long rusty and unused, but those are not where my talents lie." Corwin continues, now waving the dagger about, tapping out points on a blackboard that only he can see. "There are many who have likely been wronged by Gaedren over the years. You have brought us together because we have some likely group of skills that will be needed to overcome Gaedren."

"He is not alone in controlling the children then. He has allies, assistants, likely thugs that one person would not be able to deal with by themselves. If Gaedren would be easily subdued, you likely would have only contacted the ex-guardsman, or the dragon-lad." he finishes motioning with his dagger at the capable guardswoman and the heavily armed and armored young man.

"You wish us to work together, to increase our chances of success."


Battle Map | Korvosa Map

"Kamilla and Corwin are right. Gaedrin has evaded the guard for decades and will not be subdued easily. My hope was that you will make sure he see justice, one way or another." Zellara re-picks up her Harrow deck and resumes shuffling. "I wish I could be of more help to you all, but I've almost reached the end of my usefulness to you. All I can do for you now is perform a Harrowing to help you prepare for facing Gaedrin."


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

A small glare, mixed with a look of frustration crosses Rebecca's face.

"Bribery does happen, I must admit. Though when caught the consequences can be... dire." She sighs. "I might be a former guardsman, but my strengths always were on the investigative and persuasive side of the house. Which is not to say that I don't know which end of the rapier goes where, just that others on the guard would have been a better choice if all Zellara needed was muscle."

Rebecca spins the card that brought her there on the table idly, the centaur spinning around like a compass brought too close to a magnet.

"I will not deny that finally nailing Lamm for all of his misdeeds would be satisfying. Freeing the daughter of my client would be even more so." She looks around the room at her tablemates, eyes resting on Pia at the end. "My preference would be to take him alive. Corpses are hard to try in a court of law. Well," Rebecca eyes the Pharasma worshiper as she adds, "at least it is hard to make them stand trial in a mortal court of law at any rate."


Female human (Chelaxian) inquisitor 1 || hp 6/10 || AC 18, touch 14, flatfooted 14 || Perception +7, Sense Motive +8 || Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 || CMB +2, CMD 16 || Init +4 || Harrow 4/5 || Party loot

Kamilla closes her eyes for a moment as Corwin speaks. "Not this year, not yet."

Addressing Corwin, Kamilla asks, "He has your daughter? How old is she, and how long have you been apart?"

After pulling out the harrow card, Kamilla puts it on the table. "Perhaps you might want that back? And I dare say you have proven plenty useful. Personally, I'm not seeking revenge—my past is my past, but Gaedren deserves everything that's coming to him."

A determined look forms on the woman's face, and she crosses her arms. "I intend to be amongst those delivering it to him."


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4
Kamilla Moor wrote:
"He has your daughter? How old is she, and how long have you been apart?"

Corwin turns to the pale woman. "He does have her. My daughter Wren is seven... my last surviving child." He passes a hand across his face and there is a gravely tone in his voice when he continues. "My wife Velais, and my other children Donner and Gael passed away due to a plague outbreak not soon after I left for Absalom...about 4 months ago now. I was only gone for 2 months, and in that time Wren was abducted."

"Its taken me months, and most of my savings to get to this point. I don't intend to miss this chance now." Corwin fairly growls.


F Human (Chelaxian) Oracle (Occult) 2; HP 21/21; AC 16 T 12 FF 14; F+2, R+2, W+3 (+4 vs. mind-affecting) Init +2; Perception 0; Harrow 4; Spells 1: 3/5

Pia has been strangely silent throughout the discussions. Even when comments were made about the watch, Pia remained emotionless. I can't even feel anger anymore. Occasionally she nibbled from the cheese, but otherwise showed no indication of joining in the conversation. However once things turned to Lamm's many crimes and bringing him to justice, Pia got even quieter, if possible. For a few seconds she seemed to not hear or even see anyone else in the room. 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1casting Ears of the City
Suddenly she grabs her head, panting.
"So many... so many voices..."
It takes her a moment to compose, reaching for a glass of wine.
"Too many. Too many. The city, it wants him gone. Justice won't bring my Jonathan back. But so many he has wronged. No more. No more suffer at his hands. No one else will have pain because of him."
Pia's voice cracks and strains to speak. Takung many sips of wine between phrases. It's obvious this is probably the longest she has spoken in quite some time.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

Rebecca gives Pia a pitying look. "No, indeed it won't. I am sorry that I didn't..." The former guard trails off mid sentence. "I am sorry that I didn't check in on you after resigning. I guess that I just assumed you would endure, that you would find your way. What your husband must think of me now." Shaking the thoughts aside, she turns to Roran. "What about you? It seems everyone else is committed to seeing Lamm brought down. Are you with us." Glancing toward the window, she adds, "And I must confess that I know little of dragons... can your 'friend' take on a less conspicuous form? I seem to remember reading some novel growing up where the antagonist was actually an evil shapeshifted dragon, merely pretending to be an evil elf the whole time."


HP: 13 | AC: 16 T:12 FF:14 | Init: +2| Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +3 (+2) | Perception: +7

Roran turns to Rebecaa. Ah, my names Roran, Roran Rydell, and yes, Though I'd rather dispense justice on our terms if possible. I want no chances for his... escape.

at her second question, he pauses a bit, then turns to Azreal's window.
Can you do that Azreal?

Azreal shifts outside a bit before responding. I, I do not know. I've never tried, or really thought about it before to be honest. I hmm.

Roran turns back to Rebecca and shrugs.
I would wager not. He's not exactly the most magical of dragons

The comment brings another snort of frost from outside.


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

Rebecca sigh. "I suppose that would have been too easy. Between Lamm's Lambs on the ground and the Sable Company marines in the skies, I somehow doubt we will be able to sneak into this fishery. Well, if he comes with us that is." Shrugging, she turns back to the Varisian woman shuffling the cards.

"I put little to no faith if harrow readings, but I will not turn down what free advise the gods and faith might shed." Passing back the card to Zellara she awaits what answers they will provide. "If any," she silently thinks to herself.


Female human (Chelaxian) inquisitor 1 || hp 6/10 || AC 18, touch 14, flatfooted 14 || Perception +7, Sense Motive +8 || Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 || CMB +2, CMD 16 || Init +4 || Harrow 4/5 || Party loot

Kamilla shrugs. "I don't care how we bring him in. All who live must face Her judgment. So will Gaedren, even if it takes longer than we'd like. That said, he might not be willing to be taken alive."

An image flashes through Kamilla's head, of Gaedren looking down on her as she lies on the cobblestones, spaced out of her mind. "Haha, wee li'l Kamilla, what's wrong, darlin', you achin' for a li'l sumthin o' this here?" he says in a mocking snarl as he holds up a bottle of shiver just out of her reach.

Kamilla swallows slowly, and wipes a bead of sweat off her brow. Steadying herself, she scrapes her throat, hoping no one noticed her momentary lapse of composure.

Watching the fortune-teller shuffle the harrow deck, Kamilla says, "Don't be so quick to dismiss those things, there's power in them, for those who can read them. Of course, there's also a lot of frauds out there. We'll see which one you are," she eyes Zellara, and you're unsure if her remark was meant as a jest.


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

Corwin sheaths his dagger and shakes his head. "Lad, you and the dragon are going to get in trouble quickly if you don't figure something out. Put a tarp on it and pretend that its a fake dragon, with the illusion enhanced by magic. Have the dragon go to the docks and hide out in the river...something. You seem like to nice a person to bring so much trouble down."

know, arcana (for dragonlore about silver dragons and their abilities): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Hmmm...I remember that silver dragons are one of the metallic sub-groups...but I can't recall abilities beyond the already demonstrated cold affinity...that will be for another time. Rescuing Wren, and any assistance given to do so is all that matters now.

"Zellara, I will, of course accept your Harrow reading." Corwin says. "Any assistance, no matter how humble, will be appreciated."


Battle Map | Korvosa Map

Zellara smiles as Kamilla and Rebecca push their cards towards her and she chuckles at Kamilla's remark, but she politely gives them back. "You can keep those cards, as a sort of ... keepsake. With a flourish, she draws the top five cards revealing the same five each of you hold. As you can see my deck is already complete. With an equally dextrous flourish, she shuffles them back into the deck. Let us begin the reading then."

Videogame cinematic cutscene time!

Zellara gently pulls out nine cards and lays them out in a line between her and the rest of you. "I think the suit of Keys should work very nicely for the task ahead." She then quickly shuffles them up and lays them back out. As she finishes she motions to them. "Please, pick a card, any card."

The Chosen Cards:

Kamilla's: 1d10 ⇒ 2
Rebecca's: 1d10 ⇒ 2
Rebecca's (re-roll): 1d10 ⇒ 7
Pia's: 1d10 ⇒ 2
Pia's (re-roll): 1d10 ⇒ 7
Pia's (re-roll): 1d10 ⇒ 10=re-roll
Pia's (re-roll): 1d10 ⇒ 10=re-roll
Pia's (re-roll): 1d10 ⇒ 7
Pia's (re-roll): 1d10 ⇒ 10=re-roll
Pia's (re-roll): 1d10 ⇒ 10=re-roll
Pia's (re-roll): 1d10 ⇒ 7
Pia's (re-roll): 1d10 ⇒ 4
Roran's: 1d10 ⇒ 1
Corwin's: 1d10 ⇒ 6

  • Kamilla's card shows a cloaked figure holding a multitude of keys on and equally multitudinous rings.
  • Rebecca's card shows a giant juggling many other huge objects, such as a house, and elephant, and a mountain.
  • Pia's card shows an anthropomorphic cricket dressed in a fine suit shuffling a deck of cards and sitting next to a gigantic peach.
  • Roran's card depicts a woman in varisian style clothes dancing surrounded by stars and planets.
  • Corwin's card shows three men in crow masks sitting around a table which is covered in a mountain of gold and loot.

"With the Choosing complete, let the reading begin." Zellara recollects the cards and shuffles the deck thoroughly before dealing nine cards out in a three-by-three square.

Zellara motions to the left column, from her view. "This row corresponds to the past... Carefully she flips the three cards, revealing their faces. The top card shows a hand sticking up out of a fetid swamp as several colored lights dance overhead. The center shows a cloaked figure holding a multitude of keys on and equally multitudinous rings. The bottom card shows a statuesque man holding a large book of laws and draped in several chains. Lightly tapping the bottom card, Your pasts are immutable, unchangeable despite the desire otherwise.She motions to the top card and her eyes slowly scan each of you. Even with dangers all around, you each found a way to endure and make your way to Zellara firmly taps the middle card. the man responsible for it all, Gaedren Lamm, who even now hold the keys to you destiny." She locks eyes with Kamilla as a warm and kind smile crosses her lips. "It seems that you have more invested in our endeavor than you have led on, my dear. There is no shame in keeping secrets. As long as you don't let them hold you back."

Zellara returns her attention to the cards and motions to the middle column, "This row corresponds to the present... She reveals the next row as careful as the first. The top card shows an owl holding a sewing needle and thread in its bead. The middle card depicts an avalanche overtaking a mountainside village. The bottom card shows a crowned woman kneeling and crying in front of an empty throne. Zellara's expression became grim with each card revealed. It seems that there is much disaster and devastation in motion, even as we speak." She pauses for a moment looking over the revealed cards. "Best if we focus on the future. Lingering too long on where you are may blind you to all of the possibilities the future hold."

Motioning to the last column, "The last row pertains to the future... She reveals the cards. The top one shows a skeletal scarecrow proped above a tangled briar. The middle shows a knight in shining armor. The bottom card shows a fiendish figure, comsuming humans. A large smile crosses Zellara's face. She motions to the bottom card There are many calamities to come your way, but salvation will always follow closely on its heels. Her hand jumps to the top card. You'll find that many old evils will rise to obscure your path her hand slides down to the middle card. but if you stand fast with your allies at your sides, you will prevail." Zellara sits back in her chair as a visible wave of fatigue and exhaustion rolls over her. "That took a lot more out of me than I thought."

You all now have 4 Harrow Points, except Kamilla who has 5. Harrow Points can be used as a free action any number of times in a single round as long as you have points remaining to gain a variety of effects (See the Campaign Info tab). Once you use a point it is expended permanently.


Female human (Chelaxian) inquisitor 1 || hp 6/10 || AC 18, touch 14, flatfooted 14 || Perception +7, Sense Motive +8 || Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 || CMB +2, CMD 16 || Init +4 || Harrow 4/5 || Party loot

Kamilla shuffles uncomfortably in her chair as Zellara explains her card coming up in the spread, but remains silent.

When the fortune-teller finishes, Kamilla speaks up after a moment's silence. "Disaster and devastation, I don't like the sound of that. But thank you for the reading, miss Zellara. Now then," Kamilla says looking at the people gathered around the table, "the old fishery at West pier 17. Anyone has a proposition on when to head over there? Do you know if he's there right now, Zellara?"


Battle Map | Korvosa Map

Zellara straightens up in her seat, "My sources said that he spends almost all of his time holed up there."


Female Aasimar Investigator (Sleuth) / 2 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 16/16 | 2 / 5 Inspiration | 5 / 5 Luck | 4 Harrow | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Init +3 (+1 if 0 Luck) | Perc +9 / +10 on trap location

Rebecca smiles a bit as Zellara shows her copies of the invitation cards. The smile fades into contemplation as the ceremony is conducted.

"Well, your reading did not reveal much that my years out in private practice and with the Guard did not hint at. Korvosa is, after all, often one big calamity waiting for the unwary. Still, I suppose if your cards had revealed nothing but sunshine filled days of prosperity I would have doubted them even more." Rebecca is clearly trying to be light hearted in spite of the reading.

"Did your sources happen to have any information on how many friends Lamm has with him?"

Updated character sheet and status bar to reflect gain of harrow points... between those, luck/panache points, and inspiration points I have a lot of balls to throw at any given problem.


Chelaxian Male Professor of Thassilonian History 2 || hp 13/13 || AC 11(15), touch 11(15), flatfooted 10(14) || Perception +3, Sense Motive +3 || Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +7 || CMB +0, CMD 11 || Init +1 || Harrow 4

Corwin is silent during the reading. When Zellara finishes, he harumphs.

"This is why I don't go in for Divination." he glances around the room at the others. "Its all doubtfully true. The problem is that there is practically nothing there that is usable to guide our path. Its like having tendrils of smoke outline an invisible object. A few strands will allow you to see the outline...if you wait long enough. Too much smoke and the object is entirely obscured...and you have likely set your robe on fire." he finishes with a wry smile and a shake of his head.

"As Rebecca has said, any information would be excellent. Regardless though, after we finish here, I am heading for Gaedren's lair. I will find my daughter tonight." he says resolutely.

1 to 50 of 689 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Long live Korvosa!": GM Darth Rancor's CotC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.