Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Tektite's PFS Confirmation and Wounded Wisp (Table One)

Game Master Hawkwen Agricola

MAP


1 to 50 of 269 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Checking in dot

The Exchange

female Samsaran Shaman (Heavens) 1

May the dot be with you


The invitation delivered last night was remarkably simple, especially given the importance of the occasion: “Start where it all began. Meet us at the Pig’s Paunch one hour before dawn.”

The Pig’s Paunch is a run-down building with a faded sign of a large pig standing on its hind legs, arms folded above a corpulent belly. Inside, the air is thick with the scents of human sweat, stale tobacco, and leftover food. In the center of the room, surrounded by inebriates sleeping off their revelries, a familiar elven man stands high upon top of a large round table.

“Welcome! Welcome, my students! Please, have a seat!” With that, Kreighton Shaine, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, nimbly drops down to sit cross-legged on the table before looking about the tavern with a sense of reverent wonder. “Can you believe it? It all started here years ago—well, over four hundred of them at least. Under this very roof the Pathfinder Society was born!"

“But today! Today you will begin your Confirmation! Master Farabellus, Master Zey, and I all agree you each have shown your worth and dedication to the Society, so there’s no better time to see if you can handle becoming full field operatives. Allow me to introduce you to Janira Gavix,” he says as he motions for an excitable halfling woman to approach. She wears a large backpack and carries all manner of tools, pouches, and scroll cases around her waist. Shaine continues, saying, “Janira here will be going with you on your Confirmation. She was one of my brightest pupils and will no doubt be an invaluable resource on your journey, for she discovered the caves you are about to explore during her own Confirmation.”

Janira speaks up in an enthusiastic and cheerful voice, “Greetings, aspiring Pathfinders! Six months ago, while I was mapping cave entrances in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts, I witnessed a lone gillman entering a concealed cave. I thought little of it at the time, but I saw another one enter the cave again a month later as my Confirmation stretched on. A few days later, after I completed my assigned task, I entered the cave system, but was unable to find the gillmen.”

Master Shaine hops to his feet. “Initiates, for your Confirmation, you will travel to these caves to explore and document its many passages. Additionally, and most importantly, you are to learn what the gillmen are up to in there. Oh, and you need to come back alive as well.” With these parting words, the Master of Scrolls jumps off the table and strolls out of the building while humming to himself.

Go ahead and make introductions and allow your characters to meet.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Ifrit Skald 1 | AC 16 (T 13/FF 13) | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 11 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception + 3 | Speed 30' | Darkvision

A dusky-hued man wearing a vividly colored dashiki and has his orange-streaked black hair that is braided into dreadlocks that poke out from beneath his matching kufi says, "Hey mons! I be Mar Leigh and I be ready to jam with you."

He breaks into song and sings,

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day"

He smiles and displays a gleaming set of white teeth which stand out in contrast to his dusky skin color.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Unchained Monk 1.2 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +2 CMD 19 (FF 15) | HP 15/15 | Init +3 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +3 | Perception +7 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 13) 1/1 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds

Nuethro sits down cross-legged too. He is an average looking human except that he has a very lean, muscular build and is covered with tattoos. He is only wearing a simple vest and cotton pants. The only weapon he has on him is a crossbow.

"Well met all. I am Nuethro and I am a martial artist, my style involves speed and accuracy. I look forward joining all of you."

He bows to Janira, "I welcome your guidance in our mission."

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13/13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 5/5day,
Mar Leigh wrote:

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone

I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day"

Makon smiles at the familiar tune despite his attempt to act professional. He starts snapping his fingers involuntarily and just as suddenly stops. Um er...nice tune..Mar lee is it? Makon turns to the monk, And you said your name was er...um Makon scratches his ear for a moment.. Numbthrow! it's Numbthrow right? Makon has an earnest hopeful expression; one eyebrow slightly raised in anticipation of, the sure complement and gratification he's about to receive, for correctly remembering, his new comrade's name.

The Exchange

female Samsaran Shaman (Heavens) 1

Tarael the Peregin is a slim average sized young woman. She has light blue skin and very long silver blue hair , with silver orbs for eyes. She usually wears a linen emerald coloured Tunic over a strong leather skirt and soft black boots.
In battle she wears an emerald green coloured leather lamellar armor, and a crossbow.
Her voice is a soft sopran.
She is accompanied by a snow white hare she calls Tamashī no ketsugō.

"Well met all. Nice to have so many fresh faces with fresh stories."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Unchained Monk 1.2 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +2 CMD 19 (FF 15) | HP 15/15 | Init +3 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +3 | Perception +7 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 13) 1/1 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds

Nuethro chuckles at half-orc's attempt to pronounce his name. "Sure. You got it big guy." Not minding his name was mispronounced.

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13/13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 5/5day,
Nuethro Hisk wrote:
"Sure. You got it big guy."

Makon smiles ear to ear at having been correct.. Well I sure am glad to meet you Numbthrow! Makon holds out his meaty sweaty palm. Didn't really understand everything master Shaine was saying...something about a fishman living in some caves? Makon releases the monk's hand surprised what a firm grip the human had. He feels something blocking his nasal passage and proceeds to un-apologetically dig for gold, while continuing his conversation. Yeah, was trying to pay attention..but between me and you, sometimes elves talk to fast for me.. Makon produces a very large green sticky morsel from his left nostril, Ah..got ya! He flicks the disgusting object to the ground unceremoniously. Anyway, like I was tellin' ya..if the fishman gives ya any trouble...let o'll Makon and his buddy hop-chop know! Makon pats the black handled Great axe, slung over his back.

Makon then starts to clear his throat loudly, not noticing Nuethro had already discreetly excused himself.

Tarael the Peregrin wrote:
"Well met all. Nice to have so many fresh faces with fresh stories."

When Makon hears the female's voice for the first time, he turns quickly to see her. The projectile lodge in his throat..is quickly swallowed in the presence of a lady. My she's sooo blue!!!


Once everyone has made introductions, Janira clears her throat, then asks. "Does anyone have any questions before I go on?"

KN: geography DC 10:
At the center of the Isle of Kortos stand the Kortos Mounts, the points on the island.

KN: geography DC 15:
Entire tribes of centaurs, harpies, and minotaurs constantly vie for territory up and around the Mounts, with harpies being the most common at higher altitudes and centaurs controlling the lower slopes and foothills.

KN: history DC 15:
Also known as the Low Azlanti, the gillmen are an amphibious humanoid race believed to be the last descendants of the ancient Azlanti people.

KN: history DC 20:
During Earthfall, the Starstone struck Golarion and destroyed the human empires of Thassilon and Azlant. It is said that gillmen’s ancestors survived the cataclysmic event because they received the blessing of an aquatic entity that allowed them to breath underwater.

KN: history DC 25:
Most scholars believe the terrifying aboleths were responsible for the gillmen’s transformation. Any alliance between them appears to have fallen apart over the millennia, however, and the gillmen are now an independent people.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Ifrit Skald 1 | AC 16 (T 13/FF 13) | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 11 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception + 3 | Speed 30' | Darkvision

"Dese gillmen, are dey common to dis area? I mean, mon, I can dig why dey may be coming to de caves if dis is a place dey are common at. Dey may be having a bit of a party dere. If so, we can go jam with dem too."

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13/13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 5/5day,

Mar Leigh, don’t forget, you can make all knowledge checks untrained.

Makon skratches his head to see if he remembers anything about Kortos mountains k geography untrained: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 1 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; hp 9/9, F+1, R+3, W+3 (+5 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

You see a happy man bounding down the street and without missing a stride, right up the Pig's Paunch, whistling. His black mane is unhindered by a helmet or hat, and you see a rapier and a whip at his belt. You can see a chain shirt dangling under his yellow tunic, and a buckler is strapped over his backpack. More importantly, he carries a small one gallon cask of ale under his right arm, and his left hand swings up and down with a mug as he frequently samples his latest right arm acquisition.

He strolls up the porch confidently and asks Janira, "I brought ale!! do you think this will be enough?"

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13/13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 5/5day,
Janira wrote:
Janira clears her throat, then asks. "Does anyone have any questions before I go on?"

Makon stairs blankly at the senior Pathfinder not really understanding their mission. I better think of something smart to say.. Makon raises his hand, as if in class room. When Janira motions for him to speak he ask, Um so yeah ..we're going to the mountains and then some caves is that right? Sounds like there will be some climbing...I've got rope should I bring something else? Makon stands proud an eager..confident that wasn't a stupid question.

Just a reminder to our new bard ally and skald friend you both can do knowledge checks untrained. Since none of the others have the knowledge geography or history we'd be counting on you guys to "fill in the gaps".

Sovereign Court

LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 11/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... Greatsword (s) +4 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

A tall Taldan man with gleaming blonde hair, a bright smile, a big blunt sword, and thick armor stands up from his chair just a few seconds after the Caydenite enters, and begins gladhanding.

"Greetings, greetings! Traianus here. How're you, buddy?" he asks Mar. "Quite a voice you've got on you. Spectacular, really. Oh and hi, I've heard so much about your people," he tells Tarael. [b]"Has another expedition from Tian Xia reached Absalom? I've seen a lot more wise blue-skinned Tians the past month or three."

"Ah, sir, great to meet you. Looks like our expedition will be quite well-armed indeed," he tells Makon. "And well-hydrated as well," he nods to the man with the tankard.

A small bird on his shoulder chirps, and says, "Traianus, introduce yourself!"

"Oh, yes! I'm Traianus, negotiator and diplomat in training. This here is my friend Celeste."

Knowledge Geography: 1d20 ⇒ 1

"Kortos? We get to go to Varisia? I've always wanted to go to Varisia!"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 1 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; hp 9/9, F+1, R+3, W+3 (+5 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

Changed my avatar to retain my sanity...

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"No, man... Kortos is like, here, as in the Island of Kortos, where we are. I've been told we're gonna go on a camping trip! that's why I brought the beer! although... if we're going to Varisia, this will involve a ship, which can carry way more beer..."

Sovereign Court

LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 11/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... Greatsword (s) +4 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

Sorry! Wanted to get posts up before I started hunting for a replacement avatar. If you were attached to that one I can pick another!

Traianus gives a start. "Oh, you're right! I've heard of those! Man, you're smart. What's your name, buddy?"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 1 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; hp 9/9, F+1, R+3, W+3 (+5 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

"HA! I've been called many things, but smart ain't one of them! you can call me Son, as long as you don't ask me 'How's your daddy?' 'cause that would be weird..."

The happy man takes a long drink of his beer tankard, perhaps draining half of it even...

"JANIRA! I've been hoping to meet you for a while! I've heard great things about you my dear lady and I can't wait to see where you're bringing us camping!"


Janira smiles and even giggles a few times at the action and responses of the new recruits in front of her.

Finally, Janira pulls out a large leather-bound journal and opens it on the table. “Before we set out, we should all get to know each other and review our plan."

She looks up and smiles. "After all, the most important factors that determine whether an expedition will be a success are cooperation and preparation! I’ll go first!”

Glancing up at the ceiling, she thinks for moment, then begins. "I am the oldest of seven children and grew up in Eastgate here in Absalom. I joined the Society four years ago, right after I turned twenty summers old. Despite my family being here, the Society feels like my family!"

Janira stops talking and allows everyone to relate a little about themselves. Once done. “On to the details of the mission at hand,” Janira says with an eager grin.

“After reviewing my mission reports personally, Master Shaine believes it is no coincidence that each time they entered the caves it was during a full moon, so it is also no coincidence that you have been called here now, just a day before the moon is full again. We both believe that tomorrow night is our best chance to find out why these caves are important and what exactly the gillmen are doing in there."

“The caves we’ll be travelling to lie under the base of the Kortos Mounts. We’ll need to spend every minute of daylight possible to reach the caves by foot, crossing over the Cairnlands, taking the paths to Diobel, and finally making our way through the wilderness. With any luck we won’t run into any of the local inhabitants. Once in the caves, we’ll need to work together to explore and determine whether any gillman are present or have been recently. Keep an eye out for any other clues that might hint at the caves’ significance, too.”

She pauses and gives everyone an appraising glance to see how much is sinking in and allow for any questions.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 1 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; hp 9/9, F+1, R+3, W+3 (+5 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

"TOMORROW NIGHT? what? this is not the easy camping trip I was thinking of! no horses either? Gorum's balls! we got no time to waste! I'm off to go buy a few things. I'll be back here in an hour!"

Son of Cayden purchases a bard's kit, two alchemist's fire and two antitoxins.

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13/13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 5/5day,

Makon raises his hand again to get Janira's attention. My name is Makon..I come from the Riverlands. I joined Pathfinder society because some people from your liberty's edge faction helped free my wrongfully accused uncle. Makon is all smiles. It's been great since I've been here! I've made a lot of friends and even been to Belkzen where my fathers kin are supposedly from. Makon scrunches his face in a little bit of distaste at that notion.

He goes on about his family kin, cousins, and second cousins, until Janira has to stop him. Oh sorry, didn't mean to talk so much. Makon's hand is up again after another person is through telling about themselves. Um..this probably isn't important but, what's a gillman? even before Janira can answer the first question Makon has his hand raised again, And what kind of local inhabitants, would bother us?

After Janira answers his questions Makon says, I think I'm going to buy some more climbing supplies before we go! Makon runs off to the local shops before they close.

GM please, Makon will purchase a climbing kit, a grappling hook, and one more potion of cure lt wounds before we travel.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Unchained Monk 1.2 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +2 CMD 19 (FF 15) | HP 15/15 | Init +3 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +3 | Perception +7 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 13) 1/1 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds

"Not much to tell about myself. I'm an only child, raised by my mother who was the priestess of a small shrine found at a reclusive mountain. My father was a travelling martial artist and taught me how to fight. My fighting style and explorative nature comes from him, but I really take after my mother personality-wise."

---

Looking at the others, "I'm all set. I travel lightly."

The Exchange

female Samsaran Shaman (Heavens) 1

Tarel will lace her boots tighter, and nod to the others. "I am ready to march. And well my friend is always ready!"
With a smile the samsaran gives a thumbs up to tell she is ready to rumble.

Sovereign Court

LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 11/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... Greatsword (s) +4 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

Traianus nods. "Ready to go, myself. From Taldor, if you haven't guessed. Cousin of an old family--very old, very noble. Not a lot of money nowadays. Felt it'd be good to get some practical experience before I take on the, ah, family business."

"Looking forward to some fieldwork!"

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The bird on Traianus's shoulder speaks up. "Sorry, sorry. I know he's got a little bit of a stick up his backside, but we're working on that. I'll try to keep him in line. He's always been able to talk his way out of a problem, so maybe now that he can't do that, he'll learn something."

Celeste preens.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Ifrit Skald 1 | AC 16 (T 13/FF 13) | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 11 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception + 3 | Speed 30' | Darkvision

"I am ready to travel right now, mon. We will find dese gillmen and see what dey are up to."

Sovereign Court

LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 11/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... Greatsword (s) +4 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

Traianus rolls his eyes at his "mentor." "Hey, shut your beak! So I've got a code of honor. Aren't you supposed to be promoting that?

"Anyway, I'm with Mar. Soon as Makon gets back, we're ready to go?"

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13/13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 5/5day,

An hour later Makon trots back with his pack a little more robust. Ok I'm ready to go.


Janira smiles at Son of a Cayden and says. "The area we’re heading to is controlled by a large centaur tribe. If we cross paths with any of them, they’ll see the horses as an affront and might become dangerously unfriendly. Our mission is to explore the caves and investigate the gillmen activity, not fight the local populace."

Looking at everyone, she claps her hands and says. “Now, before we head out, if there aren’t any more questions, we should take a moment to go through your gear and make sure nothing important gets left out.”

She nods to Makon and Son of a Cayden, "You both seem ready equipped."

Glancing at everyone else's gear, she nods in appreciation. "Looks pretty good. We should be ready to head out a couple hours before dawn. You've got until then for any last minute preparations. Sound good?!"

Sovereign Court

LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 11/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... Greatsword (s) +4 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

Traianus nods. "Sounds lovely, Janira."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Unchained Monk 1.2 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +2 CMD 19 (FF 15) | HP 15/15 | Init +3 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +3 | Perception +7 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 13) 1/1 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds

"Sounds good to me too."

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13/13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 5/5day,

I’m ready let’s go

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 1 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; hp 9/9, F+1, R+3, W+3 (+5 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

"99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall.

98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 97 bottles of beer on the wall.

97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 96 bottles of beer on the wall.

96 bottles of beer on the wall, 96 bott..." ...and the singing continues for a LOOOOOONG time!

Grand Lodge

|205984-1|Borox|Male|Lawful Good Dwarf Cleric 4 |HP 39|AC 19, T 12, FF 17|CMD 17|F +7, R +3, W +7| Init +8|Per +5, |Speed 20 ft|

"I know dis song. We sing it in Sargava!"

Mar Leigh joins in adding some percussion to it.

"Mon, if jou slow the beat down a bit, the beer lasts longer. We be jammin' all day."


GM:
1d6 ⇒ 3

The following morning before dawn, everyone meets at the city gates and heads out of the city. The first day of the journey is across the Cairnlands and is uneventful with Janira pointing out various landmarks such as siege towers, distant mountains, or distinct flora and fauna along the way. After a full day's travel, the party stops and makes camp for the evening. The passes pleasantly around the campfire with stories and tall tales being traded until late into the night.

Rising before the dawn the following morning, the party starts off again, and soon finds yourselves entering a forested region. As the party progresses deeper into the forest, the trees towering overhead begin to shield most of what remains of the day’s sun and the vegetation beneath grows denser. Janira pauses a moment and pulls out an intricate silver compass emblazoned with the Pathfinder Society logo: the Glyph of the Open Road. “I received this wayfinder when I successfully completed my Confirmation. Should we be successful on our journey, you will get your own as well.” She flips open the device and holds it in front of her; the initials J. L. are engraved into the inside of the device’s lid. After studying the compass inside for a moment, she remarks, “We’re on the right path. We need to keep heading northwest past those large rocks up ahead.”

Most of the trees in this section of the forest have trunks that are too big for any creatures to share their space. Sporadic patches of light undergrowth provide areas for creatures to hide while restricting movement for those passing through. A large rock outcropping to the east rises nearly 20 feet above the forest floor, and a small sinkhole to the northwest drops off sharply, descending to the ground 10 feet below.

Around noon, Janira stops the party to take a bearing. While she peers at the wayfinder, the party begins here to soft rustle that gradually gets louder. Looking up, you see a swarm of snakes coming your way!

Rolls:
Makon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Mar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Nuethro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Son: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Traianus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Tarael: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Janira: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Snakes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Intiative:
Makon
Tarael
Mar
Nuethro
Janira
Traianus
Janira

Snakes
Son of Cayden

Everyone, but Son of Cayden is up!

Map linked at top

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 1 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; hp 9/9, F+1, R+3, W+3 (+5 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

Son of Cayden almost trips on his shoelace and at the sight of the snakes, fumbles trying to retrieve his whip... he says, "Marley or Nuethro! grab one of the alchemist's fire hanging outside my backpack!"

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13/13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 5/5day,

Makon let's out a shiver and says, There's too many for my blade anyone have fire or magic? Macon grips his axe firmly but stays put.

Makon is holding action for now..I'll jump in as I see others react.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Unchained Monk 1.2 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +2 CMD 19 (FF 15) | HP 15/15 | Init +3 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +3 | Perception +7 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 13) 1/1 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds

Hearing the snakes before they revealed themselves, Nuethro was already up and alert. As the snakes appear and get in range, Nuethro hears Son's suggest and grabs one of his alchemist's fire and tosses it at the swarm.

Alchemist's Fire (Range Touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 1 Splash Damage for snakes within 5'

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Critical Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Move Action: Grab Alchemist's Fire
Standard Action: Throw

Sovereign Court

"SNAKES! snakesnakesnakesnake!"

Sovereign Court

LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 11/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... Greatsword (s) +4 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

Traianus begins fumbling around at his belt. "That... is a lot of snakes! Um, I've got acid somewhere. Celeste, buddy, can you do me a favor?"

Hmmm. Would Celeste be able to drop a flask of acid on the snakes if Traianus handed it off? Move action to pick it out of Traianus's hand,
move to fly over the snakes, and next turn a standard to drop it?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Ifrit Skald 1 | AC 16 (T 13/FF 13) | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 11 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception + 3 | Speed 30' | Darkvision

Mar Leigh reaches over to grab one of the alchemist's fire hanging from Son of Cayden's backpack. Snagging it, he turns and takes aim at the approaching swarm of snakes. He estimates the range, cocks him arm back, and lobs the flash into the air. The flask arcs up into the sky and then, compelled by the force of gravity, it falls towards the ground and the snakes!

Alchemist's Fire (Ranged Touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d6 ⇒ 2

"Dat fire hit dem, but it didn't do dat much to dem! I hope some mon got some more fire to slow dem down."

At that point, he realizes in the excitement of the sudden shock of entering a battle for the first time, that he might have that "fire" after all!

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 1 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; hp 9/9, F+1, R+3, W+3 (+5 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

To those who 'fired' at the snakes... ugh huh huh huh... you need to multiply damage by 1.5 vs. swarms and add another 1d6 for the next round i.e. (1d6)x1.5 + 1d6

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13/13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 5/5day,
Traianus wrote:
Hmmm. Would Celeste be able to drop a flask of acid on the snakes if Traianus handed it off? Move action to pick it out of Traianus's hand, move to fly over the snakes, and next turn a standard to drop it?

Don't know anything about why a Paladin has a bird ..bought? boon? or especially why it talks...but unless this is a familiar..you generally need to teach animals tricks..the trick you need to teach your animal is called:Bombard (DC 20): A flying animal can deliver projectiles on command, attempting to drop a specified item that it can carry (often alchemist's fire or some other incendiary) on a designated point or opponent, using its base attack bonus to determine its attack roll. The animal cannot throw the object, and must be able to fly directly over the target. I suppose the GM could allow you to push your animal to do this (DC:25) but, that would be his/her call. Even an intelligent familiar you'd need to do this unless you both spoke the same language (which apparently you do??) Anyway..hope this helps.

Sovereign Court

Makon Grimug wrote:
Traianus wrote:
Hmmm. Would Celeste be able to drop a flask of acid on the snakes if Traianus handed it off? Move action to pick it out of Traianus's hand, move to fly over the snakes, and next turn a standard to drop it?
Don't know anything about why a Paladin has a bird ..bought? boon? or especially why it talks...but unless this is a familiar..you generally need to teach animals tricks..the trick you need to teach your animal is called:Bombard (DC 20): A flying animal can deliver projectiles on command, attempting to drop a specified item that it can carry (often alchemist's fire or some other incendiary) on a designated point or opponent, using its base attack bonus to determine its attack roll. The animal cannot throw the object, and must be able to fly directly over the target. I suppose the GM could allow you to push your animal to do this (DC:25) but, that would be his/her call. Even an intelligent familiar you'd need to do this unless you both spoke the same language (which apparently you do??) Anyway..hope this helps.

Ha! Fair enough. I'll explain, a little bit.

Familiar stuff:
So like you said, there's an animal trick, Bombard. That's where I got the idea from. It sounds like a fun thing to try, but I wanted to check with our friendly GM ahead of time. :) I've never actually bombarded anything before!

Celeste is, in fact, a familiar--Traianus is a Chosen One paladin. It pushes some of the cool paladin stuff back a bit and in exchange you get an emissary familiar. Celeste's supposed to be his spiritual guidance. She may or may not be good at it... but she can't yell at him unless she can talk, so she's a thrush.

The Exchange

female Samsaran Shaman (Heavens) 1

Tarael takes a flask of Acid from her pack and lobs it at the snakes.
Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d6 ⇒ 6
Scatter (1 is north): 1d8 ⇒ 7

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Ifrit Skald 1 | AC 16 (T 13/FF 13) | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 11 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception + 3 | Speed 30' | Darkvision

I don't know how to write it out so that the damage is 1.5 instead of a regular normal damage roll. Any assistance there would be appreciated.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 1 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; hp 9/9, F+1, R+3, W+3 (+5 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.
Mar Leigh wrote:
I don't know how to write it out so that the damage is 1.5 instead of a regular normal damage roll. Any assistance there would be appreciated.

Nuethro's 3 becomes 4 dmg; Marley's 2 becomes a 3 dmg; and on the second round the snakes burn for an additional 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (5) = 9 dmg but we're not there yet! :) i.e. by the end of round 2 the snake will be at 16 fire dmg (4+3+9).


Makon sees the snakes, but holds a moment to watch what his companions do!

Neuthro grabs a flask and tosses it at the snakes. The glass vessel lands in the dead center of the swarm and explodes, washing flames over the creatures!

Traianus beckons his familiar and gives the bird a flask of fire!

Mar Leigh tosses another flask of fire and lands it among slithering snakes as well!

"Well done recruits! Keep at it!" Janira calls, then begins a rousing tale about slaying a dragon! Inspire courage, +1

Tareal joins the fray and tosses yet another flask. This one is a little long and passes over the swarm to explode on the backside and merely splashes a bit if fire on the creatures.

Intiative:
Makon
Tarael
Mar
Nuethro
Janira
Traianus
Snakes (7)
Son of Cayden

@Makon: Still delaying?

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13/13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 5/5day,

Makon continues to hold while the snakes are being bombarded. He readies an action to start chopping at them should the approach near him.

readied strike:
readied axe: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11dmg: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

Sovereign Court

Celeste picks up the flask of acid Traianus holds out with a talon. "I got it I got it! Ugh snakesnakesnakes! Hate snakes!" She launches herself from the paladin's shoulder and flies over the evil horrid awful snakes.

Move action to pick up Traianus's flask of acid

Second move action to fly toward the snake!

1 to 50 of 269 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tektite's PFS Confirmation and Wounded Wisp (Table One) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.