GM supervillan's Blakros Matrimony (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

maps and slides


1 to 50 of 298 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

salvation of the sages

The eldest daughter of the prominent Blakros family is set to wed an influential Hellknight, and the Pathfinder Society is invited to the festivities. Dressed for a wedding befitting royalty, a team of Pathfinders attend the ceremony on behalf of the Decemvirate, but will their presence ultimately strengthen the Society's relationship with the influential Blakroses, or will events at the wedding bring the already tenuous alliance to a breaking point?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Brawler 2, Inquisitor 3, Fighter 2|Current AC: 29 AC Base: 29 T 13 FF 24 | HP 60/60 | F +14 R +9 W +8 | CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perc +9 (+11 w/ HA) | Spells: Level 1 2/5

dot

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Brawler 2, Inquisitor 3, Fighter 2|Current AC: 29 AC Base: 29 T 13 FF 24 | HP 60/60 | F +14 R +9 W +8 | CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perc +9 (+11 w/ HA) | Spells: Level 1 2/5

Test!


salvation of the sages

The halls of the Grand Lodge are unusually quiet. It seems that many more Pathfinder agents than is typical are in the field currently. At least this allows you to spend your time as you prefer, free from interruptions from less experienced agents seeking guidance, or directions to this chamber or that.

At least, that's what you had thought.

Society porters call you to attend the office of Grand Lodge Chamberlain Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin with all speed! A matter of urgency requires your attention. You assemble in an ante-chamber waiting to be called into the Chamberlain's office...

Please go ahead and post your in-character introductions, including a physical description.

The Exchange

F Human Monk Unchained 6th/Psychic 1st AC19 T18 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | F+7 R+8 W+8(+2 vs ench/charm) | CMD 25 | Init+3 | Perc+13Low light vision 3 spells/day

Qatala stands almost motionless off to one side apart from her eyes which seem to take in the surrounds.

She is a dusky skinned human from the desert and wearing a humble robe with a bandolier with wands in as well as an unusual chain belt. She is largely unremarkable apart from a slightly disconcerting set of missmatched eyes.

My name Qatala a humble follower of Irori and martial arts, I am known for being difficult to hit and my use of a chain whip to trip and confound our foes.

Tank and trip specialist

Silver Crusade

M Half-Elf Paladin of Iomedae 4/ Slayer 1 HP 10/34 | AC 23 (FF 20 Touch 14) CMD 22 | Init +5| Saves Fort +10 Reflex +9, Will +8| Per +11, SenMot +4 Spd 30' Lay on Hands 2/6 | Smite Evil 0/2 | Aura courage (10 ft.) | Immune sleep, disease, fear | Spells: Lvl 1 (Hero's Defiance); Detect Evil (at will) | Effects Active: none

A young, thin, yet fit looking half-elf enters. He has wile brown wavy hair that covers his pointed ears, and a close kept beard and mustache. He wears weather beaten and rough-spun clothes that cover light armor beneath it and carries a light shield emblazoned with a long sword; which stands out due to it's fine polish, compared to more natural look of the rest of his attire. He wears a long sword and dagger at his hip.

Greetings, I'm Carrick, a guide and Iomedaen, I'm at your service.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator 3rd / Zen Archer 3rd | HP: 46/46 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:21 | Saves F:+7 R:+10 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +17

A fairly tall person in a grey cloak, hood drawn over his head, enters the ante-chamber, looks around...he pulls the hood back to reveal a face with strong Elven features and long, wavy blonde hair...

"Qatala! Good to see you again! After that nasty business with the Derro, I'm hoping we can follow up on that... there's a couple of Aspis agents that I desire to use as target practice..."

Looking over at Carrick, he nods and bows...

"Flyn at your service..."

Ranger/Zen Archer, ranged support, scouting, and some thieving abilities as well...

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Unchained Monk/8 | LG | HP: 76/76 | AC 23 T 21/FF 20, CMD:30, Fort:+11, R+11, Will:+10, Init:+4, Percep:+15 | Ki pool 12/12

All those present can see a dwarf with no hair a long black beard with little clothes on him.

Dorje takes the board and chalk and begins to write on the board.
"I am Dorje, I also follow Irori, as you can see I do not speak, but for communication I use a board and a chalk. You must be wondering what's wrong with this guy. I have take a vow to speak only truth. To make it easier I also have taken a vow of silence."

He gives board to Qatala and signals her with hands to pass the board to other people when she's finished with reading .

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator 3rd / Zen Archer 3rd | HP: 46/46 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:21 | Saves F:+7 R:+10 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +17

Flyn bows to the Dwarf, "Flyn, at your service..."

Silver Crusade

M Half-Elf Paladin of Iomedae 4/ Slayer 1 HP 10/34 | AC 23 (FF 20 Touch 14) CMD 22 | Init +5| Saves Fort +10 Reflex +9, Will +8| Per +11, SenMot +4 Spd 30' Lay on Hands 2/6 | Smite Evil 0/2 | Aura courage (10 ft.) | Immune sleep, disease, fear | Spells: Lvl 1 (Hero's Defiance); Detect Evil (at will) | Effects Active: none

Carrick nods to the others, but it's the silent dwarf he's most curious about. Seldom do you meet a person that chooses not to talk.

Well Met to you all. Dorjie a wise decision it would seem, because the mouth can be deceitful at any time even among the most devout. But as the mouth only speaks what the mind thinks, is it not the mind that must be quieted not the voice?

Carrick is legitimately curious about the man's thinking, but wonders if he will be able to communicate all his ideas through board and chalk.

The Exchange

F Human Monk Unchained 6th/Psychic 1st AC19 T18 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | F+7 R+8 W+8(+2 vs ench/charm) | CMD 25 | Init+3 | Perc+13Low light vision 3 spells/day

Qatala reads and passes the board on.

Carrick it is part of Dorje's quest for inner perfection to take these vows. I myself haven't but I won't lie.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Brawler 2, Inquisitor 3, Fighter 2|Current AC: 29 AC Base: 29 T 13 FF 24 | HP 60/60 | F +14 R +9 W +8 | CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perc +9 (+11 w/ HA) | Spells: Level 1 2/5

The solemn and serious conversation is interrupted by booming laughter echoing through the halls. Turning towards the noise, you see a stout half-orc approaching the group. He is wearing gleaming mithril armor, covering him from head to toe. A large metal chain hanging from his neck bears a flexing arm holding a chain. Anyone with a passing knowledge of the religions of the Inner Sea can recognize it as a holy symbol of Kurgess. Following closely at his side is a large wolf. He approaches the group and wraps Flynn and Qatala in a firm bear hug.

Flynn! Qatala! Always good to see you! Hopefully the Aspis keep their noses clean today while we are in the city eh? Else we'll have to go bust some heads again!

Turning to the two he doesn't know, Kramac smiles widely as he introduces himself. He offers a crushing handshake to Dorje and Carrick.

I am Kramac, and this is Kuuma! He's very friendly.

Kramac reads the board. Don't want to lie eh? I make no such promises! Kramac knows that the best way to make a story better is with a few exaggerations. You'll never be able to tell though.

Grand Lodge

M Wolf Animal Companion 6|Current AC: 22 AC Base: 22 T 13 FF 19 | HP 39/39 | F +7 R +8 W +3 | CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Woof!


salvation of the sages

With impeccable timing, the doors to the office of the Chamberlain swing open.

"Step into my office, if you please gentlemen and madam."

The tall, straight-backed and meticulously groomed human is instantly recognisable throughout the Pathfinder Society. He is Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin.

Once you have settled yourselves in Valsin's well-appointed and tidy office, the chamberlain takes his seat behind his organised desk. He glances at a recently printed chronicle whilst tapping his finger on an elaborate open envelope.

“Can you believe this place?” Valsin calmly asks, keeping his eyes squared on his chronicle. “Almost every agent worth her salt is off in Varisia right now. I bet you the Heidmarchs’ manor has more Pathfinders in it than the Grand Lodge itself today.”

Valsin finishes his reading and places the document on the desk, while sliding the envelope forward. “Desna smiles upon us that I have you fine agents here,
as I doubt anyone else in Absalom is better qualified for this mission. I won’t lie, this is probably one of the trickiest tasks I’ve ever had to send a group of Pathfinders on, and much rides on its success. I need you to attend a wedding. And not just any wedding, mind you, but a Blakros wedding.”

“The Blakros family is one of the wealthiest families in Absalom—in the entire Inner Sea region, even—and we’ve cultivated a good working relationship with them over the years. In two days, Michellia Blakros is getting married to the former Hellknight Damian Kastner, and because of security concerns, we only got our invitation this morning. I won’t bore you with specifics, but sufficed to say, the Society has a lot of interest in this wedding, as some of our agents had a hand in helping it along.” Grand Convocation 2012

“The wedding is taking place on a secluded summer retreat on nearby Pariol Island, which the Blakroses own. There are two boats heading there before the first wedding festivities. One is a small supply runner set to leave in an hour that could get you there early tomorrow morning. The next is a larger ship that will transport the majority of the guests in the morning. Your travel is paid for of course, but you’ll need to get on one of those two vessels.”

With a grave nod, Valsin passes over the envelope containing the invitation see slide 2, and continues. “Also, you’ll need to peace-bond any weapons when you arrive on the island, and I’d recommend only wearing your finest armor, if you wear any at all." His gaze falls upon Kramac's dazzling mithral fullplate. "We’re not too concerned about security at the wedding, but making a good impression on the Blakroses and their guests is key to your mission. You’ll need to mingle, and get on the good sides of as many people as you can. I can’t stress this point enough: This is a social gathering, and the Society could really use the extra clout with all our current efforts being so far abroad. I don’t care if you save the wedding from a dragon, find out the bride is a doppelganger, or discover some grand plot to take over the Inner Sea—I only care that you leave this wedding having made people happy and improving our standing among the attendees! Are we understood?”

The Venture-Captain awaits your assent.

You may already know something about the Blakros family. You may attempt the following knowledge check. Remember you cannot get a result greater than 10 in a knowledge skill that you are not trained in.

Knowledge (history or nobility) DC 10 OR Exchange faction member:
The Blakros family originated in Taldor, and made their initial fortune trading with both Qadira and Taldor during the nations’ centuries-long conflict. Today they are one of the most influential families in Absalom and the greater Inner Sea region.

DC 15:
The Blakros family weds their offspring only to those of sufficient prestige and renown. Unlike in many other marriages, those who marry into the family often take on the Blakros name following the ceremony so that any children born to the couple will also carry the Blakros name. (The family is matriarchal).

DC 20:
A requirement of marrying into the Blakros family is a dowry of some note. In many circumstances, these dowries are secret to all but the families involved until they are formally presented at the reception.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Unchained Monk/8 | LG | HP: 76/76 | AC 23 T 21/FF 20, CMD:30, Fort:+11, R+11, Will:+10, Init:+4, Percep:+15 | Ki pool 12/12

Dorje took his board and wrote:

I think, therefore I am!
Carrick, your mind needs to figure it out!

He hands the board to Carrick.

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Dorje took the board that was given to Carrick and wrote down everything he knew about Blakros family and forwarded it to the nearest person.

You can read all spoilers

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator 3rd / Zen Archer 3rd | HP: 46/46 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:21 | Saves F:+7 R:+10 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +17

Knowledge (History) Untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 = 10

Flyn recalls the Blakros clan as being very influential in Absalom...in one of his missions, he helped rescue one of the Blakros daughters, Imrizade, from demonic influence at the local museum here, also owned by the Blakros family. He'd also met the curator of the museum, and close confidante of the Blakroses, Nigel Aldain, on two different occasions...once during that same mission...and on his first real adventure, collecting artifacts for the museum from an unsealed tower in the Cairnlands, which ultimately led to his membership in the Pathfinders...

Flyn hides a frown. "Happy to help, sir...more of a diplomatic mission though, correct sir?"

Very glad you joined us Carrick...the rest of us aren't quite the diplomatic sort, methinks...


salvation of the sages

"Yes, Agent Flyndyngylyn" Valsin precisely pronounces Flyn's full name, "this is a diplomatic mission. It is, Zarta and Gloriana assure me, the 'social event of the season.' Many of the most powerful and influential people from across the entire Inner Sea region will be there. But they won't all be nobles. I have full confidence in your abilities. Now if you have no more questions, you need to decide which of those boats you're going to catch. And if it's the supply ship, you are fast running out of time!"

Catching the supply ship will get you to Pariol Island early, but you'll have no time to buy any supplies or outfits before you go. Catching the "Sterling Sapphire" with the rest of the wedding guests will give you time to get supplies, and will allow you an opportunity to mingle with other guests and get started on your mission.

Silver Crusade

M Half-Elf Paladin of Iomedae 4/ Slayer 1 HP 10/34 | AC 23 (FF 20 Touch 14) CMD 22 | Init +5| Saves Fort +10 Reflex +9, Will +8| Per +11, SenMot +4 Spd 30' Lay on Hands 2/6 | Smite Evil 0/2 | Aura courage (10 ft.) | Immune sleep, disease, fear | Spells: Lvl 1 (Hero's Defiance); Detect Evil (at will) | Effects Active: none

As the Venture Captain enters Carrick reads Dorje response Hum, i wonder what he is getting at, I guess I need to figure it out. He gives a sly smile, before focusing in on the mission briefing.

Of course Venture Captain Valsin, we'll be sure to make a good impression. Sir, is their anyone in particular you expect to be on the guest list who we should especially focus our attention on? or just anyone we encounter? While giving the VC a moment to reflect on the question he continues addressing his fellow Pathfinders, Friends as we are to there to be social and mingle. I suggest we take the 'Sterling Sapphire' with the rest of the guests.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator 3rd / Zen Archer 3rd | HP: 46/46 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:21 | Saves F:+7 R:+10 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +17

Flyn nods at Carrick. "That makes sense. In diplomatic matters, I'll try to follow your and Kramac's lead...

I do know a couple of folk related/associated with the Blakros family that may, or may not, be there. A Blakros daughter, Imrizade, and the curator of the Blakros Museum, Nigel Aldain..."


salvation of the sages

Valsin replies: "Agent Castermill, I regret I do not have a copy of the guest list. I do know that both the Paracountess Zarta Dralneen and Lady Gloriana Morilla will be there, not as representatives of the Pathfinder Society but as a result of their own relationships with the Blakroses. Perhaps they will be able to point out appropriate people that you should get to know. I would not be surprised to see one or more senior trade representatives from the Exchange either, given the Blakros' mercantile interests.

Agent Flyndyngylyn, our mutual 'friend' Nigel Aldain will almost certainly be at the wedding. He is a Blakros by marriage himself, after all. In fact, Nigel's mercenary treasure-hunters have become a bit of a thorn in our side in Varisia of late. We keep finding them in key archeological sites that we're investigating. It's as if Nigel is deliberately trying to best us. See if you can convince him to give our agents in Varisia some space, would you?"

Silver Crusade

M Half-Elf Paladin of Iomedae 4/ Slayer 1 HP 10/34 | AC 23 (FF 20 Touch 14) CMD 22 | Init +5| Saves Fort +10 Reflex +9, Will +8| Per +11, SenMot +4 Spd 30' Lay on Hands 2/6 | Smite Evil 0/2 | Aura courage (10 ft.) | Immune sleep, disease, fear | Spells: Lvl 1 (Hero's Defiance); Detect Evil (at will) | Effects Active: none

Nodding at Flyn, My former patron, Boswick Bumbleberry, mentioned Nigel Aldain to me a few times, when I squired for him. Said he despite leaving the Pathfinder Society, he continues to run back to the organization whenever he's in trouble. Sounds like you've seen that first hand. Nevetheless, we'll work to foster a more cooperative relationship with him. Carrick says confidently.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Brawler 2, Inquisitor 3, Fighter 2|Current AC: 29 AC Base: 29 T 13 FF 24 | HP 60/60 | F +14 R +9 W +8 | CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perc +9 (+11 w/ HA) | Spells: Level 1 2/5

Kramac loves a good party! Carrick and Dorje - you are in for a treat. My good friend Paicho recently taught me some new songs I am sure the guests will find delightful! And Kramac will only wear his finest armor! You like my new armor? It is mithril! Surely the guests will be impressed by such fine craftsmanship! I should get a cape to go along with it... Kramac stares wistfully into the distance as he imagines the fancy cape he is going to buy.

But I agree with Carrick! Let us maximize the time we have to impress the guests by taking the Sterling Sapphire

Is he telling me I shouldn't wear my full plate? I'd say that Mithril Armor qualifies as 'finest armors', but maybe it still wouldn't be kosher for wedding attire?


salvation of the sages

“Agent Kramac, I’d like it if you could all go in formal attire, since that will give you more credibility among the nobles in attendance. I know that your mithral cost you a veritable king's ransom, but it is not a wedding outfit. You will be thought vulgar, if you are not an earl or a hellknight or somesuch. If you must wear armour, consider wearing ceremonial armour, the lighter and less cumbersome the better. And as I said, weapons must be peace-bonded.”

Some NPCs will think less well of you if you are clad in armour rather than courtly finery. The more bulky and obvious the armour, the greater the likelihood of a negative reaction.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Unchained Monk/8 | LG | HP: 76/76 | AC 23 T 21/FF 20, CMD:30, Fort:+11, R+11, Will:+10, Init:+4, Percep:+15 | Ki pool 12/12

Dorje gave the board on which he wrote: Sterling Sapphire it is! I need to buy a suit. Also I need to buy fine paper, ink and pencil. I can not use a board and a chalk on a wedding.

Silver Crusade

M Half-Elf Paladin of Iomedae 4/ Slayer 1 HP 10/34 | AC 23 (FF 20 Touch 14) CMD 22 | Init +5| Saves Fort +10 Reflex +9, Will +8| Per +11, SenMot +4 Spd 30' Lay on Hands 2/6 | Smite Evil 0/2 | Aura courage (10 ft.) | Immune sleep, disease, fear | Spells: Lvl 1 (Hero's Defiance); Detect Evil (at will) | Effects Active: none

I think I'll go find some finery as well. Carrick looks down at his grubby usual garb and realizes it will not do.


salvation of the sages

We appear to have a majority in favour of the Sterling Sapphire, and you all need to take the same boat because there's only one invitation, so we'll go with that.

For your convenience, here are your wedding-appropriate "wardrobe options" (if you want to make a purchase):

Courtier's Outfit: 30gp, plus an additional 50gp for jewelry. Weighs 6lbs. Tailored clothes fashionable in the noble courts.
Noble's Outfit: 75gp, plus an additional 100gp for jewelry and a signet ring. Weighs 10lbs. Expensive, gaudy, elaborate, and highly fashionable.

Or if you're trying to upstage the bride and groom:
Royal Outfit: 200gp. Ostentatious beyond belief, and impractical. You need servants to get in and out of it properly, and you would look out of place if not also bedecked in jewels, crown and sceptre.

All of the above options are from the Core Rulebook. Other books might have other options, and it is up to you how you wish to dress. You do not have to choose one of these. As noted, appearing in obvious armour may result in negative reactions; glittering, polished mithral is less likely to be out of place than armour fashioned from more ordinary materials, but could still be considered vulgar as the Venture Captain said.

You might also choose Parade Armour this is in Adventurer's Armory and Ultimate Equipment. Parade Armour is considered a light armour, and is different from one nation to another so you would need to say which nation's parade armour you are wearing. Naturally, people from different nations will respond differently to you. The ceremonial outfits of all nations are available in Absalom, the City at the Centre of the World. Parade Armour costs 25gp, weighs 20lbs, and offers the same protection as studded leather armour.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Unchained Monk/8 | LG | HP: 76/76 | AC 23 T 21/FF 20, CMD:30, Fort:+11, R+11, Will:+10, Init:+4, Percep:+15 | Ki pool 12/12

On board is written: Noble's Outfit

The Exchange

F Human Monk Unchained 6th/Psychic 1st AC19 T18 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | F+7 R+8 W+8(+2 vs ench/charm) | CMD 25 | Init+3 | Perc+13Low light vision 3 spells/day

Sapphire is better option. Qatala is not that comfortable in this kinda party but understands trade and is a very good observer.


salvation of the sages

If you've all asked your questions now I'll move us on a little.

You leave the Chamberlain's office, and head into the city to obtain suitable wedding outfits (and a scrivener's kit, in Dorje's case).

Carrick only:
Before you leave the grounds of the Grand Lodge a courier hands you a note. The note is from Ollystra Zadrian, leader of the Silver Crusade. It reads: "It has come to my ear that you’ll be in attendance at the upcoming wedding of the famed Blakros family. While there, I would suggest you meet with Rubaani Shafar, commander of a mercenary company long in the Blakroses’ service. The Silver Crusade does not employ mercenaries in most circumstances. But Commander Shafar has a reputation for honour and righteous conduct that is almost unheard of in her profession. She would be a welcome ally and sister-in-arms." This is background information from one of the old faction missions. I include it partly for flavour, and partly because it gives you one of your target NPCs. Feel free to share with the rest of the party.

Qatala only:
Before you leave the grounds of the Grand Lodge a courier hands you a note. The note is from Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam, joint leader of the Exchange. It reads "The Blakros family made its fortune trading across the Qadira-Taldor border through the Plane of Shadow generations ago, and will certainly be amenable to discussing possibilities with doing the same via the Hao-jin Tapestry now in the Pathfinder Society's possession. Meet with their trade liaison, Jeon Raeng-Woo, who will be at the wedding, and get him on board with this venture. Your experience with Tien culture makes you the ideal agent for this task." This is background information from one of the old faction missions. I include it partly for flavour, and partly because it gives you one of your target NPCs. Feel free to share with the rest of the party.

You are free to make any purchases you want now (normal rules apply).

When you are ready, let me know how you present yourselves at the docks the next morning (physical description please).

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator 3rd / Zen Archer 3rd | HP: 46/46 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:21 | Saves F:+7 R:+10 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +17

Flyn will purchase a courtier's outfit (teal and white) and a fashionable accessory cloak (navy blue) to go with it...(+2 to diplomacy checks with Absalom citizens while wearing)

As for gear, Flyn will wear his +1 mithril shirt underneath his formal wear. His magic bow, all of his arrows, and his wand of cure light wounds will be in his Efficient Quiver, which will be strapped to his back but beneath his cloak. He'll carry just one of his daggers, the cold iron one, in a belt sheath. He'll wear his Wayfinder on a chain around his neck but beneath his shirt. His Swarmbane Clasp will be fastened to his cloak. In two belt pouches on either side, he'll have vials in one and his MW thieves tools in the other; most times they'll be concealed by his cloak...

This is how he'll be dressed when he presents himself at the docks the next morning...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Brawler 2, Inquisitor 3, Fighter 2|Current AC: 29 AC Base: 29 T 13 FF 24 | HP 60/60 | F +14 R +9 W +8 | CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perc +9 (+11 w/ HA) | Spells: Level 1 2/5

Kramac will purchase the Noble outfit and a chain shirt to wear under the outfit. I assume there will be a coat check, or something simlar at the wedding so I could bring and stash my full plate and shield there while on the island.

Kramac will also take Kuuma to the groomers and get the doggie a bath and put a pretty, pretty ribbon in his hair.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Unchained Monk/8 | LG | HP: 76/76 | AC 23 T 21/FF 20, CMD:30, Fort:+11, R+11, Will:+10, Init:+4, Percep:+15 | Ki pool 12/12

Dorje will buy: paper, ink, inkpen, Noble's Outfit, jewelry and a signet ring and exotic perfume.

paper x20 - 80sp,
ink - 8gp,
inkpen - 1sp,
Noble's Outfit - 75gp,
jewelry and a signet ring - 100gp,
exotic perfume - 100gp (+2 circumstance bonus on all Diplomacy checks: 24 hours duration)

Dorje will go to a wedding without weapons, dressed in Noble's Outfit light blue color. Below the suit will not wear any armor because it does not even possess it.
It will use an exotic perfume from which people will feel much more comfortable.
With all this, he will still have his own ring, cloak, amulet and bracers.

Silver Crusade

M Half-Elf Paladin of Iomedae 4/ Slayer 1 HP 10/34 | AC 23 (FF 20 Touch 14) CMD 22 | Init +5| Saves Fort +10 Reflex +9, Will +8| Per +11, SenMot +4 Spd 30' Lay on Hands 2/6 | Smite Evil 0/2 | Aura courage (10 ft.) | Immune sleep, disease, fear | Spells: Lvl 1 (Hero's Defiance); Detect Evil (at will) | Effects Active: none

Carrick buys a noble's outfit with jewelry and the signet ring and the Fashionable accessories for Absalom (195 gp). He'll also get a haircut.

He then buys a larger treasure chest to carry his adventuring gear (15gp); and hires a Porter (5 prestige) to carry it.

Once ready to embark, Carrick wears the noble's outfit (in scarlet and grey) with jewelry and the signet ring and the fashionable accessories. He wears no armor and only his silver dagger, peace-bound. He displays his silver holy symbol of Iomedae and his shinning wayfinder. He still wears his Headband of Alluring Charisma and Ring of Protection, as well. Everything else is left to the Porter in the chest.

The Exchange

F Human Monk Unchained 6th/Psychic 1st AC19 T18 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | F+7 R+8 W+8(+2 vs ench/charm) | CMD 25 | Init+3 | Perc+13Low light vision 3 spells/day

Qatala wears a white courtier's outfit with the relevant jewelry in gold. Her bracers, belt of strength worn under where possible. The nine section whip along with a silk blue and white flag on either end of it as well as peacebonded will be worn over the shoulder.
Also on the belt are two wands also peacebonded. (mage armour and see invisibilty)


salvation of the sages

Each of you visits high-end tailors, haberdashers, and milliners in the most expensive streets of Absalom's Coins District. Carrick even visits a barber. Dorje stops at a stationer, and a parfumier.

I will summarise your appearance / outfit below.

Qatala: the Keleshite monk wears a clean white silk robe with gold accents, and a warm collar of fire-fox fur. Gold rings and necklaces set off her outfit. Her adamantine nine-section-whip is tied together at the ends, decorated with blue and white silk pennants and worn over the shoulder as if a fashion accessory. Two wands in narrow leather sheaths with buckled caps at the tops sit at her hips.

Carrick: the young half-elf has scrubbed up remarkably well, and looks very dashing wearing an up-to-the minute, in-season doublet and hose set by House Veron and a flamboyant wide-brimmed hat by the famous gnomish milliner Haddawatsit. His jewelry is understated and elegant, in silver with ruby stones; it even matches the silver of his wayfinder and holy symbol. A dagger at his hip is tied in to its scabbard. A serving-man follows him, hefting the weight of a substantial chest. (Morgan Greenwood is an honest and good half-elf, earnestly pledged to the Silver Crusade. Lacking any ability with weapons or spells, he gives what he has: his strong back. He is honoured to serve a paladin of Iomedae in the Crusade).

Dorje: the silent monk is transformed! He barely looks like a dwarf anymore! Wearing a blue doublet and hose set by House Amarylis, with jewelry in silver and sapphire, he appears quite elegant. He has also chosen to wear "Spice of Akiton," a masculine yet warm fragrance apparently manufactured from genuine Akitonian rock.

Kramac and Kuuma: the muscular Garundi half-orc wears a long tunic and cape by House Margoyle, and up-and-coming Garundi house. His outfit is chosen to allow for light armour underneath. A chain shirt is still relatively bulky at 25lbs, but in combination with a noble's outfit and accessories Kramac will receive no penalties for appearance whilst so dressed even if wedding guests notice the armour. Kramac hefts a number of boxes and bags, somewhat diminishing the impact of his appearance. Don't worry though, there will be servants and places to store things. Kuuma is especially well-groomed, and sports a silver and blue ribbon to match Kramac's tunic. He is looking a little lean. Hungry perhaps? But he behaves himself.

Flyn: Flyn wears a teal and white tunic and is wrapped in a splendid blue manticore-beard cloak by edgy tailor to the rich and famous, Gresham Blake. The cloak completely covers his quiver (which appears to be empty in any event) and assorted pouches. When his cloak is drawn about him, only his wayfinder and the amber-and-gold magic clasp are visible outside it. Your mithral shirt is unseen and comfortable underneath your new tunic.

You join a queue, directed by servants in Blakros livery. It seems there is a line to board the Sterling Sapphire. The other guests wear finery too, and most of them seem to have servants carrying cases and trunks. Those just ahead and behind you in the line greet you civilly. "Is that real manticore-beard?" a well-dressed Chelish man enquires of Flyn...

The Sterling Sapphire is a beautiful Chelish galleon. It has three decks, plus forecastle and aftcastle. The lower two decks sport many gunports, although these are closed. Sailors in the Blakros livery of black and gold busy themselves making the ship ready to depart, whilst guards in polished half-plate admit guests into the ship, checking invitations and weapons.

Here's where the peace-bonding happens, for anyone who hasn't already done it.

"Just this way please sir." says one of the armoured guards to the first of you to board. "I just need to check your weapons and help you to peace-bond them appropriately, sir. You understand the need for appropriate security." The guards are all entirely polite and respectful, but they are clearly making statements, not asking questions.

All weapons that would ordinarily be drawn from a scabbard are tied in to those scabbards. All weapons that would normally just hang from a belt are tied to the belt. Any weapons that would be drawn from a case are sealed in their cases with wax, or placed into a replacement buckled case. Those of you who have already peace-bonded your own weapons have those bonds checked over by the guards.

You can, if you so wish, attempt to "smuggle" a weapon past the guards, or fake a peace-bond. Both actions require a Sleight of Hand check. If you wish to attempt this, post your check and say what weapon or weapons you are trying this with.

"Any wands on your person, sir? If so please demonstrate their function for me. Wands carrying aggressive magics are not permitted, and will be safely stowed for you until we return to Absalom. All wands placed into our keeping will be properly receipted. Wands carrying non-hostile magics may be carried openly."

You need to expend one charge from any wand to demonstrate to the guards that the spell within the wand is non-hostile. If you do not wish to do so, or if the wand bears a hostile spell, you are required to hand over the wand to the guards. They give you a receipt.

To remind you of the in-game mechanical consequence of peace-bonding, a peace-bonded weapon (however the peace-bond has been implemented) requires a full-round action to draw or make ready, and the act of drawing it (or making it ready to use) provokes attacks of opportunity.

As noted earlier, weapons stowed in an extra dimensional space are not detected by the guards. They do find Flyn's Efficient Quiver, but to them it is merely an empty case. They give Flyn a quizzical look, but clearly they don't have magical training. They look at any potions or scrolls you have, but beyond asking you if there is anything you wish to leave in their care they do not confiscate any items barring un-bonded weapons or wands with hostile spells.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator 3rd / Zen Archer 3rd | HP: 46/46 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:21 | Saves F:+7 R:+10 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +17

Flyn smiles in greeting and bows to the Chelish gentleman. "Yes sir it is...considering the occasion, I thought it would be appropriate. Flyn, at your service."


salvation of the sages

"A fine choice, Flyn! A very fine choice. It's just 'Flyn', is it? I am Count Arionne. A student at the Arcanamirium." The Count is not yet 30 years old, but his conservative dress makes him appear older. He returns Flyn's bow.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator 3rd / Zen Archer 3rd | HP: 46/46 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:21 | Saves F:+7 R:+10 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +17

Flyn grins widely. "Forgive me, my Lord, I hail from a long line of Elves with but one given name...and long ones at that. My full name is Flyndyngylyn...but that can be a mouthful. I find Flyn is easier on the tongue for most but you may call me what you wish.

How long have you been studying at the Arcanamirium?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


salvation of the sages

The Count replies in fluent elvish: "Useita vuosia, mestari, useita vuosia. On paljon opittavaa. Minulla on erityinen kiinnostus lumoutuneiden esineiden luomiseen. Se on etsin, eikö olekin? Oletko polkuja, Flyndyngylyn?

elvish:
"Several years, master elf, several years. There is much to be learned. I have a special interest in the creation of enchanted items. That is a wayfinder, is it not? Are you a Pathfinder, Flyndyngylyn?"

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Unchained Monk/8 | LG | HP: 76/76 | AC 23 T 21/FF 20, CMD:30, Fort:+11, R+11, Will:+10, Init:+4, Percep:+15 | Ki pool 12/12

Dorje handed over her Wand of cure light wounds with the paper on which he had written "This wand I give others to treat my wounds, because I do not know how to use it. You can try it."


salvation of the sages

The guard checking Dorje's gear responds: "You cannot speak, sir? That would prevent your activating wands I suppose. We'll have to see if another guest will be willing to demonstrate the device for you. I assume that you at least know the command word, if you would kindly write that down for me sir."

Dorje will definitely know the command word for the wand, and I shall assume that he gives that word to the guards as he invited them to try the wand.

Dorje is asked to wait, whilst the line moves on. But Flyn, Carrick and Kramac all know how to activate cure wands, and they are close by. One of them demonstrates that the wand is as Dorje described by activating it, and the guard allows Dorje to pass.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator 3rd / Zen Archer 3rd | HP: 46/46 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:21 | Saves F:+7 R:+10 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +17

Flyn's smile nearly splits his face in two. "Eithel binik nin Hir! Ha ola an ir im gar-jin nin sylvan lammen. Ir im respus i arcanum, nin dolyn nagga lathinum. Yi, ha na etsun un, imrus, im Polkuja, i nos Polodren Echad."

Elvish:
"Well spoken, my Lord! It has been a long while since I have spoke in my native tongue. While I respect the arcane arts and your dedication to their study, alas, my talents don't lie in that direction.

Yes, it is a Wayfinder and, indeed, I am a Pathfinder, a member of the Grand Lodge."

The Exchange

F Human Monk Unchained 6th/Psychic 1st AC19 T18 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | F+7 R+8 W+8(+2 vs ench/charm) | CMD 25 | Init+3 | Perc+13Low light vision 3 spells/day

Qatala demonstrate s both of her wands although the buffs are difficult to identify. She also reveals the chain is a peace bonded weapon.


salvation of the sages

Flyn: The Count expresses interest in the Pathfinder Society, and listens intently to any adventures you wish to regale him with. Then you reach the front of the line, and the guards carry out their security checks. "Nauti häät, päällikön tonttu!" says the Count, as he awaits his turn.

elvish:
"Enjoy the wedding, master elf!"

Qatala: As long as there is no visible hostile effect from the wand the guards are satisfied. When each wand is activated there is a manifestation of magic, and the guards expect that the wand be touched to the user, or to an object, to demonstrate it. Both of your wands pass the test. You're only bringing the two wands on board then?

Dorje: The guards have admitted you.

Carrick: Your peace-bond is satisfactory, and your healing wand passes the test. Your porter is shown to servants' quarters and your luggage stowed. Let me know if there's anything you want to do at 'check-in.'

Kramac: Your various bags and boxes are stowed in the ship's hold. The guards assure you that servants will take them to your guest quarters on Pariol Island once you have docked there. Both of your wands pass the test. You have three double chicken sabres: you can wear as many of these as you wish as long as they are peace-bonded. They are technically swords, and would be scabbarded. Let me know if you are carrying any of them, or if you store them in your luggage. The guards tell you that they had not expected anyone to bring "pets" aboard, but they have not been instructed to refuse them. They will inform the Chef so that some appropriate food can be provided. Let me know if there's anything else you want to do here.

Once all of the pathfinders have passed the check-in, you proceed to the quarterdeck where the Ship's Captain receives you. Captain Dorlish is a tall, weathered, Chelish woman wearing exquisite dress uniform in black and gold. "Welcome aboard, honoured guests. My crew and I hope you will enjoy the festivities and the hospitality of the Sterling Sapphire. The crossing to Pariol Island should take around 8 hours."

I'll post again in a few hours.

The Exchange

F Human Monk Unchained 6th/Psychic 1st AC19 T18 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | F+7 R+8 W+8(+2 vs ench/charm) | CMD 25 | Init+3 | Perc+13Low light vision 3 spells/day

Anything else is in my backpack that will be kept in the ships hold for the duration same as Kramac.

So stored as luggage.

The other wands are all buffs bar the clw(get someone to cast 4 me) which i can use so will expend a charge to allow to be kept as luggage.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Unchained Monk/8 | LG | HP: 76/76 | AC 23 T 21/FF 20, CMD:30, Fort:+11, R+11, Will:+10, Init:+4, Percep:+15 | Ki pool 12/12

Dorje handed over a piece of paper to Captain Dorlish on which he wrote. "What can we do on board during the journey?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Infiltrator 3rd / Zen Archer 3rd | HP: 46/46 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:21 | Saves F:+7 R:+10 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+4 | Per: +17

After telling a couple of adventurous tales, they come to the line. In answer to the Count's parting words, Flyn bows again before replying. "Im tö, nin Hir! I nöncir im lammen tö!"

Elvish:
"And you as well, my Lord! A pleasure to speak with you!"

I guess the rest of Flyn's backpack will be as luggage or in the ship hold. If allowed he'll want his buckler in his luggage so he'd have access to it in his room...

Silver Crusade

M Half-Elf Paladin of Iomedae 4/ Slayer 1 HP 10/34 | AC 23 (FF 20 Touch 14) CMD 22 | Init +5| Saves Fort +10 Reflex +9, Will +8| Per +11, SenMot +4 Spd 30' Lay on Hands 2/6 | Smite Evil 0/2 | Aura courage (10 ft.) | Immune sleep, disease, fear | Spells: Lvl 1 (Hero's Defiance); Detect Evil (at will) | Effects Active: none

Carrick slowly wanders from deck to deck, pleasantly nodding at the other assemble guests as he goes, ready to stop and engage another guest in conversation should any of them show more than a polite interest. As he goes he will take mental notes of the faces he sees. Should someone look like they want to talk Carrick will stop and introduce himself.

The Exchange

F Human Monk Unchained 6th/Psychic 1st AC19 T18 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | F+7 R+8 W+8(+2 vs ench/charm) | CMD 25 | Init+3 | Perc+13Low light vision 3 spells/day

Qatala will find a good vantage point and will sit or stand and listen and watch her surroundings.


salvation of the sages

For ease of play, I am happy to say that all equipment that would normally be in your backpacks can be transferred to luggage for deposit at the guest quarters on Pariol Island. Same goes for shields and additional weapons.

Captain Dorlish explains to Dorje, and the rest of you, that guests have free access to the quarterdeck and maindeck. Refreshments will be served throughout the voyage, and entertainment of various sorts is scheduled. "If you need anything else please ask a servant. Please allow the crew to go about the business of sailing."

As the Sterling Sapphire leaves Absalom docks, the party is in full swing. Servants bring a constant stream of delicate sweet and savoury foodstuffs, whilst ensuring that nobody is without a beverage. The sparkling wine served as you enter the quarterdeck is particularly splendid, and the drinks that follow are of uniformly excellent quality.

There are close to one hundred wedding guests aboard ship (and possibly at least that many servants quartered below decks). Everybody is impeccably dressed, and you all feel glad that your choice of clothes makes you fit in. Flyn receives several compliments on his cloak, and Carrick's hat draws admiring and envious glances.

You recognise several guests.

Paracountess Zarta Dralneen wears a gown of scarlet and black silk that leaves very little to the imagination and seems almost, but not quite, inappropriate. She is obviously enjoying herself mingling with the cream of Absalom and Inner Sea high society.

Lady Gloriana Morilla is also very much in her element. More tastefully dressed than the Dark Archive faction head, Lady Morilla nonetheless turns heads wherever she goes.

Trade Prince Aaqir al-Hakam mingles with a variety of guests, never stopping for long with any group.

Flyn, you also spot Nigel Aldain on the ship. You do not notice Imrizade Blakros anywhere though.

1 to 50 of 298 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's Blakros Matrimony (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.