Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Slothsy's Second Darkness

Game Master Slothsy

Celwynvian BP: 3


201 to 250 of 480 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The Armageddon Echo

This circular chamber has a crumbling staircase on the opposite wall, leading up to a balcony that rims the room ten feet above the floor. Arranged around the balcony are a number of short pillars, several of which support a faintly glowing crystal globe.

Next to the globes are six bloated creatures that chase each other with high-pitched squealing laughter. As the door slides open, they pause in their revels for a moment before they howl with glee.

Knowledge (Planes) DC 12:
These are dretch demons.

Initiative - Hall of Memories - Round 1

Orange, Black
Aishe, Nel
Blue
Tamiro
Yellow, Grey
Orthus, Gillian

Two of the squat creatures pull faintly glowing crystal globes from the pillars. One of them checks its globe at Aishe, and the other chucks its globe at Tamiro. While neither globe hits the mark, they each shatter and explode, coursing the two with electricity.

Aishe and Tamiro are within the splash radius of each globe and will need to make a DC 11 reflex for each globe or take Globe 1 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 and Globe 2 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 of electricity damage. Reflex negates.

Gillian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Nel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Tamiro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Orthus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Black: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Blue: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Yellow: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Orange: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Grey: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Full Color: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Attack on Aishe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Attack on Tamiro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Human Crossbowman

Round: 1, Initiative: 19

Status:
HP: 55/55 AC: 21 (f15/t16)
Conditions = None
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 14/20
Acid Bolts = 5/5
Fire Bolts = 5/5
+1, Frost, Bolts = 10/10
+1 Bolts = 10/10
Ghost Salt, Cold iron Bolts = 10/10
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7/2, Dex +6, Magic +2, Weapon Focus +1, (Rapid Shot -2), (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +6, Magic +2, (Deadly Aim +4)
Melee: Attack: BAB +7/2, Str +0 Damage: +0
Grit = 3/4
Ranger Focus = (+2) 1/1
Quick Runner’s Shirt = 1/1
Spells (caster level 1, concentration +2, DC 11+)
At Will: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic
1/day: Detect Secret Doors, True Strike

Aishe ducks and weaves, trying to avoid the stingers of electricity and flying shards of crystal.
Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 or take 3hp damage
Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 or take 2hp damage

He lines up his shots on the grey one, then the sort of light brown one to the NW of that should he drop.

Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 = 24 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 21 (point blank)
Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 1 = 14 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 = 16 (point blank)
Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 21 (point blank)

”Nel, they’re behaving badly, destroying stuff. I don’t think they’re librarians!” he chuckles as he shoots.


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Nel lets out a snarl as she watches the creatures chuck the artifacts across the room "Didn't your mother ever tell you not to deface public property?" Bringing her sword down in powerful blow, Nel nearly cuts the small creature in twain, before turning her attention to one on the parapets. "You're next." she states, pointing her bloodied weapon at it.

Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 2 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

"What are these things??" Tamiro yells as he opens the door and immediately gets hit with electricity.

His hair now standing on end, he charges for the nearest creature he can reach bringing his primary blade down on the creature, "Die foul beast!"

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Attack Charge: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick
Tamiro wrote:
"What are these things??"

knowledge (something, see above for mods): 1d20 ⇒ 7

"Bad...?"


The Armageddon Echo

I spoilered the knowledge check above.

Initiative - Hall of Memories - Round 1

Orange, Black
Aishe, Nel, Tamiro
Yellow
Orthus, Gillian - Your Go

Nel and Aishe down two of the fleshy creatures, clearing the bottom of the room.

A third creature walks from the balcony to engage with Nel, only to be met with Tamiro's blades.

In panic, yellow one of the demons pulls the orb from the pedestal next to it, lobbing it at Nel. It misses her, but the globe shatters at her feet and releases another burst of static. 1d6 ⇒ 6 electricity damage to Nel and Tamiro, DC 11 reflex negates.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick
GM Slothsy wrote:
I spoilered the knowledge check above.

Any more for scoring +5?

"Mm. Minor demons." Orthrus shrugs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Gillian draws her crossbow and pushes past Orthrus into the room, nodding upon seeing the demons for herself. "He is right. Cold Iron weapons are usually effective against these sorts of demons," she advises as she readies a bolt tipped with just that very thing.

Attack vs. Orange (Light Crossbow; Cold Iron Bolt): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
______

Figured I'd have Gillian mention something that would likely be fairly common knowledge about fighting dretch demons, but let me know if doing so is out of line.


The Armageddon Echo

Nope! Good for me - this is common knowledge, and both of you scored 5+. Knowledge checks are just very awkward to handle in play-by-post. Maybe there's a better way that I'm not aware of?

Orthrus particularly knows that dretch are also known for their spell-like-abilities that allows them to emit stinking clouds, cause fear, and potentially summon additional dretches. Dretches are the lowest on the demonic heirachary and, as a result, are a particular favorite of conjuring wizards.

Initiative - Hall of Memories - Round 1

Orange, Black
Aishe, Nel, Tamiro
Yellow
Orthus, Gillian - Your Go

Gillian's cold iron weapon hits the creature squarely in the chest. It tears the bolt from its flesh with a shriek of - anger? pain? surprise? That dretch fixes its eyes on Gillian, clearly ready to target her.

Orthrus, you still have your turn. What would you like to do?


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick
GM Slothsy wrote:
Orthrus particularly knows that dretch are also known for their spell-like-abilities that allows them to emit stinking clouds, cause fear, and potentially summon additional dretches. Dretches are the lowest on the demonic heirachary and, as a result, are a particular favorite of conjuring wizards.

A popular summon in must tribes. ;)

Orthrus roughly smacks Aishe on the shoulder to get his attention. "Shoot there!"

Orthrus casts guidance on Aishe.


The Armageddon Echo

Initiative - Hall of Memories - Round 2

Orange, Black
Aishe, Nel, Tamiro
Yellow
Orthus, Gillian

The dretch that Gillian provokes stares at her and summons a fog of the most noxious vapors; it smells of a reeking mess of rancid fat and rotten eggs. Those of you within the radius, DC 13 fortitude save or be nauseated while you are in the cloud.

One of the remaining dretches black moves from the ledge down the stairs and engages with Tamiro, step-by-heaving step. It attempts to bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20. However, its bite does nothing more than cover Tamiro's armor with demon-slobber.


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick

fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Orthrus casts a baleful stink-eye upon the half-elf flame oracle.


Male Human Crossbowman

Round: 2, Initiative: 19

Status:
HP: 55/55 AC: 21 (f15/t16)
Conditions = None
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 14/20
Acid Bolts = 5/5
Fire Bolts = 5/5
+1, Frost, Bolts = 10/10
+1 Bolts = 10/10
Ghost Salt, Cold iron Bolts = 10/10
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7/2, Dex +6, Magic +2, Weapon Focus +1, (Rapid Shot -2), (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +6, Magic +2, (Deadly Aim +4)
Melee: Attack: BAB +7/2, Str +0 Damage: +0
Grit = 3/4
Ranger Focus = (+2) 1/1
Quick Runner’s Shirt = 1/1
Spells (caster level 1, concentration +2, DC 11+)
At Will: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic
1/day: Detect Secret Doors, True Strike

Aishe vurps and does his best to keep it down.

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 vs DC 13 or be nauseated

He moves up and out of the gas, focusing his next shot on yellow in front of him.

Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 1 = 19 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20 (point blank)


Fort (DC 13): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Gillian makes a face as the stink cloud rolls over herself, Aishe, and Orthrus but otherwise seems unfazed by it. "What?" she asks in response to Orthrus' glare. "I guarantee you've smelled worse things in Riddleport!"
_______

Also I goofed and forgot to move myself up to the doorway last round; would someone care to get that for me? Currently posting on mobile.


The Armageddon Echo

Initiative - Hall of Memories - Round 2

Orange, Black
Aishe, Nel, Tamiro, Orthrus, Gillian

The impact of Aishe's bolt sends the dretch crumbling. Its hand curl around it, as though to pluck it out, as it falls motionless. The stench of dretch - an unpleasant miasma of sweat, decay and infection - heightens.

Nel and Tamiro's Turn! Orthrus and Gillian are now up, due to the removal of the yellow one from initiative.


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Nel releases a grunt of pain as the orb explodes by her feet. Glaring at the final demon, Nel steps up to it, bringing her sword down with all of her might. However her anger does not allow her to think clearly and she leaves a deep scar on the tiled flooring.

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 2 = 12


With Nel and Tamiro seeming to have the other stretch well in hand, Gillian raises her crossbow and fires a bolt at the stretch standing just a few feet to her left.

Attack vs. Orange (MW Light Crossbow; Cold Iron Bolt): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Dodging the ball of lightning, Tamiro gives his full attention to the dretch in front of him, swinging with both of his blades at the small creature.

"Die!"

Attack 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Attack 2(Offhand): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Attack 3(Secondary): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


The Armageddon Echo

Wow, I do not envy Nel's luck!

Initiative - Hall of Memories - Round 2

Orange, Black
Aishe, Nel, Tamiro, Orthrus, Gillian

The twinned assault of Tamiro's blades is abated by the dretch's innate defenses mostly, its DR. The creature still bleeds with each slash, but it seems to cut less of a wound than Tamiro should expect.

Gillian's bolt hits home, though the wound seems to barely register to the dretch's continued assault. It seems to have a single-minded fury. To be 100% clear, you dealt full damage to it. Those HPs are gone. It just doesn't seem to emotionally react.

Last call for Orthrus.


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick

Orthrus moves past the smell into the room and partially under the balcony. With an overhand chop he swings his falchion at the dretch above.

mwk falchion v black (cover, enlarged): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 4 = 16 damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11


The Armageddon Echo

Initiative - Hall of Memories - Round 3

Orange, Black
Aishe, Nel, Tamiro, Orthrus, Gillian

The dretch by Tamiro matches his fury, unleashing a flurry of attacks. Tamiro is able to hold the creature off, except for a clever claw swipe that tears through his armor for 5 points of damage.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Claw Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Orthrus provides a sufficent distraction from Gilian's attack to cause the creature to turn to him. It lashes out at Orthrus's face. Both claws tear into the fleshy cheeks for a total of 7 points of damage.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Claw Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The battle rages on!


Gillian takes another step further into the room to provide more space for Orthrus' enlarged form and then fires off another shot at the dretch lurking up above!

Attack vs. Orange (MW Light Crossbow; Cold Iron Bolt, Into Melee): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Crossbowman

Round: 3, Initiative: 19

Status:
HP: 55/55 AC: 21 (f15/t16)
Conditions = None
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 11/20
Acid Bolts = 5/5
Fire Bolts = 5/5
+1, Frost, Bolts = 10/10
+1 Bolts = 10/10
Ghost Salt, Cold iron Bolts = 10/10
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7/2, Dex +6, Magic +2, Weapon Focus +1, (Rapid Shot -2), (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +6, Magic +2, (Deadly Aim +4)
Melee: Attack: BAB +7/2, Str +0 Damage: +0
Grit = 3/4
Ranger Focus = (+2) 1/1
Quick Runner’s Shirt = 1/1
Spells (caster level 1, concentration +2, DC 11+)
At Will: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic
1/day: Detect Secret Doors, True Strike

Aishe targets the little demon Orthrus battles first, through cover. Should it fall, he shoots the other (no cover, so +4 to attack from the below numbers).
Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 3 = 28 (point blank, cover) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19 (point blank)
crit threat Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 3 = 21 (point blank, cover) damage: 2d8 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 24 + 2 = 29 (point blank)

Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 3 = 24 (point blank, cover) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19 (point blank)

Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 3 = 24 (point blank, cover) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 1 = 14 (point blank)
crit threat Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 3 = 22 (point blank, cover) damage: 2d8 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 24 + 2 = 37 (point blank)

Geeze. I don't think I've ever crit twice in one round on an archer before - if they both confirm of course.


^Archers be crazy-go-nuts!


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

^Thats what we call in the business, "murder".


The Armageddon Echo

Well, alright.

Struck with a moment of perfectly clarity and flow, time seems to slow around Aishe as he loads, aims and shoots the bolt. The bolt pierces the first demon's throat, and he move quickly to pierce the next demon's throat in the same manner. The moment after, time seems to speed up again. The creatures are vanquished.

You are out of initiative. Quick box text reminder.

This circular chamber has a crumbling staircase on the opposite wall, leading up to a balcony that rims the room ten feet above the floor. Arranged around the balcony are a number of short pillars, several of which support a faintly glowing crystal globe.


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Nel kicks a bit of glass with her feet as she takes a few deep breaths. "Nice shot, Aishe. I don't think I've ever seen anyone take out two demons with one shot before." Stowing her longsword, Nel approaches one of the globes, testing its weight in her hand. "Man these elves sure did enjoy ridiculous decorations." She mutters outloud, "I wonder how much Eviana would want for these paper weights?"


Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe can't help but grin from ear to ear as his shots drop the last of the demons. Where they 4HD or greater creatures? If so, I get my grit back.

"Thanks Nel, it's a pleasure to do well when I can." he says modestly, but the smile on his face shows his true colors.

He refills his quiver and looks around the room, walking up the stairs and checking out the balcony.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

"We should leave these here for now. They look easy to break, and I doubt we're done quite yet. I could probably fit one or two in my haversack on our way out." he suggests.


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick

detect magic + spellcraft ("faintly glowing crystal globe" lore): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

It was my doctoral thesis and I didn't go to witch school for 8 years to be called Mister Wightblood.


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Raising an eyebrow at Aishe as the two demons fall, "It is good that weapon is not aimed on us."

Sheathing one of his blades, Tamiro smacks Aishes shoulder as he goes about inspecting the room.

"I agree with the sniper, it might not be best to lug these things around."

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12


"I agree," Gillian responds to Tamiro's comment. "I didn't hear anything from the southern door so hopefully this was the last of the library occupants."

As the group spreads out a bit and begins investigating the room further, Gillian watches with interest as Orthrus focuses his attention on the glowing crystal globes. "What do you think?" she asks as she glances around.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


The Armageddon Echo

Orthus:
You can't quite place the magical auras on these orbs, but one of the orbs glows with a stronger aura than the others.

As Nel picks up the orb, it begins to glow brightly. The image of a elf appears to flicker from within. The man is wearing long robes and holds a thick bound book, though the style of the robes is unlike anything you've seen. He appears to be middle-aged, except for his white-streaked hair.

"I am Eloquan, Chief Lorekeeper of Celwynvian," the image speaks in a heavily accented and archaic Elven. "This repository contains knowledge regarding Elven history."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe jumps back and levels his crossbow before he realizes what he's doing.

He quickly gets a hold of himself and calms down, a little. "Wow, that's pretty cool. Can you like, ask it questions and stuff?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Ohhh, amazing! I wonder if it's some sort of permanent messaging effect or...?" Gillian gasps as the orb comes to life. Now she too attempts to divine the magical auras present on the orb.

Detect Magic + Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Nel's face cracks into a smile of pure joy as the orb speaks. It takes her a moment to parse what Eloquan says, "I-Yes. I've never encountered knowledge stored quiet like this before, but a I heard of a new recruit that was tasked with keeping a green house, due to the way some fey store their historical notes." Nel rambles, before snapping her attention to the shards of glass.

The color drains from her face as she considers what the shattered remains of the other orbs insinuated. "Oh no. The other orbs... Eloquan, how many volumes are there in this library?" She states as she cradles the orb close to her.


The Armageddon Echo

The image speaks, though it flickers due to the age of the spells cast upon it. "As of the tenth day of Yuelral's moon in the nine hundrenth and fourth year after the founding of Celwynvian, this library contained nine volumes, including volumes dedicated to religious rites, catalogs of cultural practices, and languages of Koloran, Thassilon and Azlant. More volumes are planned for this series. For more information, please speak to the reference lorekeeper."


The Armageddon Echo

Gillian:
This magic is ancient and appears to be illusions layered to present stored information. This item is incredibly valuable and delicate, for it contains information about Elven society in the Age before Ages.


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Glancing around at the other dim orbs, Nel sighs heavily. "Ah, thank you Eloquan, that will be all for now." Gently placing the orb into her knapsack, Nel ensures that it just as protected as the hippogryph egg she carried on the devil's elbow. "My friends, we just discovered something beyond measure for wealth! Imagine what information we can gleam from this ancient, pre-Thassilonian library!"

She flashes a grin as she steps up to the next orb and touches it. "Hello? Are you the volume on Koloran?


The Armageddon Echo

The orb remains dull and unlit. No images stir within it.


"Good call," Gillian remarks as Nel gingerly places the orb within her pack. "It's illusion magic, layered to present stored information. It's probably almost priceless due to the information it seems to contain!"

Seeing that the next orb remains inert after Nel touches it, Gillian approaches yet another and carefully reaches out to touch it. "Hmm...is this one broken as well?"


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50 | sick
Gillian Flynn wrote:
"Good call," Gillian remarks as Nel gingerly places the orb within her pack. "It's illusion magic, layered to present stored information. It's probably almost priceless due to the information it seems to contain!"

"Me just going to say that."


Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe watches as the group examines the spheres. Fascinating! he thinks. Oh what the ancients used to do with their magics. He admires them.

He waits to see if the other spheres are also usable, all the while watching the door so the group isn't surprised from behind.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


The Armageddon Echo

None of the other orbs react to any interactions.

Aishe:
You do not see or hear any approaching enemies.


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 46/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Nel releases a quiet whine as the rest of the orbs fail to react in any way. She mournfully kicks the glass shards around with her boot. "I suppose we have lingered here long enough. Is everyone ready to move on?" she questions wistfully, her gaze lingering on the non-responsive orbs.

Turning towards the double doors out in the foyer, Nel tests them to see if they are locked before pushing them open.


Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe lines up behind Nel, crossbow ready.


"I'm ready to move on," Gillian agrees. "Besides, we shouldn't linger here longer than we have to. Those guards we silenced will surely be relieved by another group at some point," she cautions.

As Nel moves to the southern doors and pushes them open, Gillian falls back behind Tamiro and Orthrus so as not to impede them should there be more hostiles to deal with.


The Armageddon Echo

This chamber is empty but for spider webs and a few scraps of ancient fabric clinging to the walls. Spiders - of the ordinary size - scuttle through the webs.

A door sits in the southern wall. It is locked.


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Looking at all the orbs, Tamiro taps a broken one on the floor with his sword, "Fire burns books, gravity destroys glass. Seems no matter the form of storage information is always so brittle."

Grunting he moves forward as the others investigate the library, and waits further in the building.

Looking at the door on the south wall, he tries the handle only to find it locked. "Anyone good with a pick?"


Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe looks at the others and blushes a little. "Yeah, uh, I do."

He takes out a fine soft leather pouch and removes several small wirey steel bars - very high quality. "It's sort of a hobby. An expensive hobby." he shrugs trying to look innocent.

He moves to the door and, as quietly as he can, picks the lock.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Disable Device: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 2 = 32 (MW lock picks)

When he's done, he carefully packs his tools away and stands by the door. Nodding to the others, he takes out his crossbow again, opens the door swiftly, and steps to the side to let the others by (if he can with the webbing in the way).

201 to 250 of 480 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Slothsy's Second Darkness (Campaign) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.