Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Slothsy's Second Darkness

Game Master Slothsy

Celwynvian BP: 3


1 to 50 of 289 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

The Armageddon Echo

In the private room at the Gold Goblin, Kwava sits stiffly in one of the mahogany chairs, looking over the pair of leather journals. His face moves with more concern as he reads. His brow furrows and the discomfort he normally shows in the city fades into near panic.

"I know that some of us have not yet met before," he says with an upturned hand gesturing at Orthus, Aishe, and Gillian, "but I will trust the judgement of your allies in vouching for you. If you were part of the group that recovered these journal - well, you know with your own eyes now that drow walk under this world. I am Kwava, and my organization has fought these dark creatures for its long existence. I am one of the Shin’Rakorath, the Lantern Bearers."

Kwava pauses for a moment to gather his thoughts, a deep furrow worn into his brow. “These are grave tidings. When you discovered Vancaskerkin was working with one of the dark elves, I could hardly believe it. Now I realize there are far more terrible events in motion. If the drow have learned how to pull stars from the sky, none of us are safe.

“I must ask a great favor of you. My employers, the Shin’Rakorath, have only recently revealed to me the full extent of the drow menace in Celwynvian. As much as I would dearly love to see the city, they have ordered me to remain in the Riddleport hinterlands to keep watch for any further drow influence. Yet they have also expressed interest in hearing from you directly. This journal you found, combined with the one recovered some time ago from Vancaskerkin’s drow accomplice, would be of great use to my kin in the Mierani Forest. The Shin’Rakorath and I ask you to carry these journals to Crying Leaf, a small camp in the eastern reaches of the wood. Take it to Eviana, the leader of Crying Leaf. She will know what to do.”


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50

Orthrus holds up his hand (the one he isn't picking his unseen nose with) "Uh, 'Kelwiniwinvin'?"


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Tamiro is slumpt in a corner on a chair, holding his head with a hand as he rests against the wall. Groaning he says somewhat angrily, "More elves. The more we do for you the more we have to do. Why do you need us to deal with your problems elf? If your dark skinned brethren have the means of pulling stars from the sky, why dont you have a means of preventing that?"

Looking around the room and then back to Kwava he says, "Further, what is our compensation for taking care of your problems? We have enough to deal with here at the Goblin to keep trampling off to fumeina tochi. Korera no Erufu wa watashitachi o dainashi ni suru ka, watashitachi o korosudeshou."

Tien:
lands unknown. These elves are going to ruin us or get us killed.


Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe comes very late to the group the next day. His normal pale pallor is even more wane, and tinged with green, as he walks unsteadily to a chair. He grips it like a man drowning before pulling it out and settling into it.

He glares at Tamrio when he slides into Tien, "Oh, no foreign languages today friend, I can't think in common let alone Tien today. Ugh." his mouth is thick with mucus and he grabs coffee just as soon as he can manage it. The hot liquid burns his stomach, which roils at the intrusion, but he keeps it down, just.

"Crying Leaf?" he mumbles looking to Nel. He's in no shape to push any agenda, so he mostly listens and wonders what help he can provide against these drow. He had, after all, come to Riddleport to help civilization triumph over the evils that lie just beneath its veneer. This was, very clearly, an evil.

He hopes Nel choses to take the team against this new threat, particularly after he did so badly against the drow in his last encounter. He wants to make up for his poor showing.

He just prays they leave tomorrow... he needs time to recover...


HP: 62/62 l AC: 15, T 9, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +2, W +7; +2 bonus vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. arcane spells l Gaze of Flames (7/7), L1: 6/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init -1 l Senses: Perception +8, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +8, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. History +8, Kn. Planes +12, Linguistics +3, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +12, Survival +7, Swim +0, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Oracle of Flame 7 l Active Conditions:

Gillian was torn. Although a part of her agreed with Tamiro she knew deep down that this drow threat would quickly become everyone's problem if left unchecked, not just an elven one.

"Pull the stars from the sky...and create another Earthfall?" Gillian asks softly. "If so, that makes this problem everyone's concern and not just the elves'," she says with a meaningful glance at Tamiro.

"And as to why they've not handled this themselves...I suspect that they can't," she continues. "If they could have, I believe they would have done so. There must be other matters making things difficult in some way."

She knew she risked Kwava and perhaps Nel's ire by speaking so but she was certain she was on the right track with her assumptions.

They need our help so they don't have much choice. But what's the reason for that?

As she glances at the others to gauge their thoughts, she notices that Aishe still looks rather green despite the cup of coffee sitting in front of him. "Here," she says as she conjures some water into a cup. "You'll need some of this, too."


Kwava clears his throat and pauses. "Perhaps a full briefing will be of assistance in this matter. Celwynvian is an elven city within the Mierani Forest, a few days ride north of here. Just recently was I informed of the reason why we had to abandon the city - it is an important spot in war to keep the drow from reaching out. These journals and maps must be transported to the city, as it is clear they include vital information about the drow's plans and established holdings in the city.

"You new associate is correct. There are limited resources. As of now, I am not asking you to go and join the battle. We are using every resource we currently have. There is little left for courier duties. I'm asking you to transport these materials to the town. You are a strong warrior, Tamiro."

"Consider it a favor in return for saving you from Saul's trap with the ratmen. Likewise, it has been unprecedented for outsiders to be allowed to live after receiving proof of the existence of the drow. I would not wish for my superiors to change their decision on the front."


Male Human Crossbowman
Gillian Flynn wrote:
As she glances at the others to gauge their thoughts, she notices that Aishe still looks rather green despite the cup of coffee sitting in front of him. "Here," she says as she conjures some water into a cup. "You'll need some of this, too."

”Thanks.” he mumbles.

Was that a threat? Did that elf just threaten us? No, I must have heard it wrong. Oh my head...

Aishe considers, his head still aching, ”I’ve a few more things to buy before leaving, if that's our plan. Shouldn’t take but a day hunting around, so I should be ready then if all goes well.”

He looks to Nel, "So boss, are we going to help this guy?"

Shopping list:
Now that he’s got a Handy Haversack Aishe wants to pick up some long term supplies. Also, he has more cash than I thought now that I’ve done the math, so one more magic item as well!

Quick Runner’s Shirt (1,000gp)
- ‘The Order of Numbers’, an Abadarian holy book (50gp)(5#)
- 50 Crossbow Bolts (cold iron, silver blanch) (35gp) (5#)
- 20 Crossbow Bolts (cold iron, adamantine blanch) (202gp) (2#)
- 18 cold iron javelins (36gp)
- 6 cold iron spears (24gp)
- Crowbar (2gp)(5#)
- Earplugs (3cp)
- Grappling Hook (1gp)(4#)
- Hammock (1sp)(3#)
- Jug (with water)(3cp)(9#) x3
- Pen and Ink (8gp)
- Scrivener’s kit (2gp)(1#)
- Silk Rope (10gp)(5#)

Let me know if any of this is unobtainable. Thanks!!
- - -


HP: 62/62 l AC: 15, T 9, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +2, W +7; +2 bonus vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. arcane spells l Gaze of Flames (7/7), L1: 6/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init -1 l Senses: Perception +8, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +8, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. History +8, Kn. Planes +12, Linguistics +3, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +12, Survival +7, Swim +0, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Oracle of Flame 7 l Active Conditions:

"....understood," Gillian replies quietly. "There's some purchases I think I'll need to make as well, if we're planning to leave." She looks over at Nel, awaiting for her input on the matter.

Not that we really have much choice in the matter, but I still want to hear what she thinks of all this.


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50

Orthrus inspects his finger.


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 77/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Dark ringed eyes flicker between Kwava and the three newest recruits. "I am sorry for keeping this information from you, but as this is something that I had promised to keep secret." As Nel speaks, her thumb comes up to play with the edge of the crimson scarf draped across her neck. "Kwava, you are aware of my personal" Nel pauses, searching for the right word, "issues with this request. I have spent a better part of my adult life avoiding all mingling with his kin and I dislike the calling of a debt on such a personal matter in this way. However," she speaks up before anyone can protest, "I will not stand idly by and allow these creatures of chaos to plunge my mother's homeland into darkness. As long as I can still draw breath, I will do my due diligence in helping you with this matter."

Running a hand through dark brown hair, Nel's shoulders visibly sag as she turns to the Ronin. "Tamiro," she starts gently, "if we don't step in, who else will? As Kwava has stated, the elves are spread too thinly to deal with this."

Turning to the others, Nel smiles wearily. "I suspect we will be leaving in the morning. I have a few more meetings with some personal projects and bringing people up to speed before we set off. Please let me know if you need more time than this? I know that it is sudden and inconvenient but the sooner we stop this Armageddon Echo, the better off we shall be." Leaning against the wall, Nel waits to address anyone's questions or concerns.


Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe smiles and nods at Nel, ”I’ll be ready boss. Should be able to get what I need today, urp, ugh. Later today…” he shakes his head slowly, trying to get the foul taste out of his mouth. He slurps more coffee.

After an hour or so nursing his headache, Aishe gets up and heads into town, head still throbbing. Most of his purchases are easy. However, he does seek an Abadarian holy text, and isn’t sure if Abadar has a church in Riddleport. He looks to find out as he heads into the streets just before lunch.

Shopping should take the afternoon, and Aishe will be ready early the next day, having drunk nothing the night before but water to save his poor head on the road to Crying Leaf.


HP: 62/62 l AC: 15, T 9, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +2, W +7; +2 bonus vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. arcane spells l Gaze of Flames (7/7), L1: 6/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init -1 l Senses: Perception +8, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +8, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. History +8, Kn. Planes +12, Linguistics +3, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +12, Survival +7, Swim +0, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Oracle of Flame 7 l Active Conditions:

"Sounds like a plan then," Gillian nods. "You take care of your other business and the rest of us will handle picking up supplies and the like for the trip," she says, apparently unconcerned about having just volunteered everyone not named Nel for the job. "We can make your purchases for you if you'd like, but if you'd prefer to do your own shopping that's also understandable."


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50

Uh oh.

Orthrus rushes back to his room and begins furiously chiselling.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Tamiro makes an uncomfortable face, and clicks his tongue, "What you say makes sense...I still dislike it though."

Standing, he shakes his head before heading out, stopping briefly to look at Nel, and say in a lower tone, devoid of his usual anger, "Kazoku to anata no senzo o dan'nen suru no wa yoi kotodesu. Anata wa hitsuyōna dake watashi no ken o motte imasu, jōshi."

Leaving the gold goblin, he holds his head and squints against the hang over increased glare of the morning sun. Muttering various tien obscenities about the sun, and day time, he makes his way towards the markets, making sure to stop at a particular silk merchant and tailor.

Following that he returns to the man who forged his original armor, and drops the Noquol and 13,500 gp on the counter.

Tien:
It is good to never abandon family and your ancestors. You have my sword for as long as is needed, boss.

MW Suit of Noqual Tatami-do Armor is 13,500 gp without the cost of the raw material, so he will be spending all of his coin on that item, an investment of sorts.


Kwava sighs and shakes his head. I understand, Nel. We should speak more about this in private, as there are personal matters involved for you."

He gives a respectful nod to the rest of the gathered group. "If you have any additional questions for me, or want a more thorough briefing, please let me know. Otherwise, I will return to the wilds as soon as my conversation with Nel is complete."

Liberty's Edge

Second Darkness Caffeine-Tainted Human Occultist (Tome Eater) 2

Once you depart Riddleport:

The road north from Riddleport turns from a winding road leading past struggling farms and a scattered hunter's lodges into a Varisian caravan path. An odd traveler or two passes by, heading south, but the road is otherwise unpopulated as it runs along the Velashu River. After about a day and half's ride, a hunter's trail branches to the west toward the rim of the Mierani Forest.

Perception DC 15:
You notice a cloud of dust on the horizon that seems to be headed directly to you.

Perception DC 25 (same check as the earlier one):
In front of the cloud are several mounted figures, and they will cross your path in about ten minutes.


HP: 62/62 l AC: 15, T 9, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +2, W +7; +2 bonus vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. arcane spells l Gaze of Flames (7/7), L1: 6/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init -1 l Senses: Perception +8, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +8, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. History +8, Kn. Planes +12, Linguistics +3, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +12, Survival +7, Swim +0, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Oracle of Flame 7 l Active Conditions:

Gillian spends the rest of the day finishing up her own search for supplies as well as helping the others find what they need, if they need the help. Although feeling some degree of trepidation about their task and their destination, she's well aware that it's for the greater good; her own personal thoughts on the matter were inconsequential.

And at least it will be good to be out of the city again.

**************************

The next morning Gillian meets up with the others, surprisingly riding a horse of her own - a pretty buckskin filly. "Her name's Rose," Gillian explains. "I wasn't sure what sort of trouble we might run into out on the island so I thought it would be better to stable her here in the city while I was away. She probably wouldn't have taken to the voyage out there very well, either. But she does need a chance to stretch her legs a bit and this trip will be just the thing for her," she smiles as she gives Rose an affectionate head rub.

"Anyway, are we ready to go?"

**************************

As they make their way along the river towards their destination, Gillian finds the open road and open sky surprisingly comforting despite having spent most of her life within the City of Monuments.

I wonder if this feeling has something to do with my elvish ancestry? I'll have to ask Nel later if she's ever felt the same.

Perception (DC 15): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Despite her navel-gazing, Gillian's attention is suddenly caught by what looks to be some sort of dust cloud off in the distance - a cloud headed steadily in their direction.

"Hold up a moment! Do you all see that?" she points.


Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe shops that day, but does so slowly, his head still pounding, or at least throbbing, from the night before. Need to drink more water when I drink... But he manages.

He's up early the next day so as to be prepared for departure. He eyes the horse he's provided dubiously but rides acceptably. He doesn't try anything fancy, just manages to keep in the saddle.

When Gillian points to the horizon, he sees what he can...

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

...sadly the sun is in his eyes and he sees nothing of note. He wonders briefly if it's a mirage, but as they're in no desert it seems unlikely. He checks his quiver and crossbow, but does not ready them - just makes sure he can quickly if he needs to.

"Are you sure it's coming our way?" he asks, looking around the local terrain for cover. Is there anywhere to hide or are we in the open plains?


HP: 62/62 l AC: 15, T 9, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +2, W +7; +2 bonus vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. arcane spells l Gaze of Flames (7/7), L1: 6/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init -1 l Senses: Perception +8, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +8, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. History +8, Kn. Planes +12, Linguistics +3, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +12, Survival +7, Swim +0, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Oracle of Flame 7 l Active Conditions:

Oh right, human eyesight isn't quite as sharp.

"I'm pretty sure it is," Gillian responds as she continues to watch the cloud. "As to what it is, I have no clue. There's not a lot of wind today so it surely can't be a dust storm."


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50
Gillian Flynn wrote:
The next morning Gillian meets up with the others, surprisingly riding a horse of her own - a pretty buckskin filly. "Her name's Rose,"

"She looks delicious."

*****

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Roders?"


HP: 62/62 l AC: 15, T 9, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +2, W +7; +2 bonus vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. arcane spells l Gaze of Flames (7/7), L1: 6/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init -1 l Senses: Perception +8, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +8, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. History +8, Kn. Planes +12, Linguistics +3, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +12, Survival +7, Swim +0, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Oracle of Flame 7 l Active Conditions:
Orthrus wrote:
"She looks delicious."

Gillian simply sighs and shakes her head. "Not for eating. With my leg I can't afford to make a meal out of my transportation."

--------

"Roders? You mean riders? Maybe...it's hard to tell from this distance. We might want to take shelter or try to rig some up, if we can."


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50
Gillian Flynn wrote:
Orthrus wrote:
"She looks delicious."
Gillian simply sighs and shakes her head. "Not for eating. With my leg I can't afford to make a meal out of my transportation."

"Course not. At least until Gillian eat what is in saddle bags first. Then Orthrus make filly steak with cheese."

--------

Gillian Flynn wrote:
"Roders? You mean riders? Maybe...it's hard to tell from this distance. We might want to take shelter or try to rig some up, if we can."

You know, people who use 'rodes'. Thank you, stupid auto-correct (that changes perfectly good contractions like 'there's' to 'there'serve' when I'm not looking). 'Roders' is how it sounds through the mask.


The Armageddon Echo

You can take cover if you want. It's not a wide open plain, but a hunter's trail through some unspecified terrain toward the forest.

-Posted with Wayfinder


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 77/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Nel sighs as she spots the approaching dust storm. "Worst case scenario, it is a dust storm. The best case scenario it is a couple of trappers returning to Riddleport." Placing a hand on the pommel of her sword, Nel nudges Gibraltar to the front of the group and looks around at the surrounding terrain. Not spotting anything that would truly help them if it is a dust storm, Nel worries her bottom lip for a moment before nudging her horse onward. "Let's hope that it is just a greeting party that Kwava mentioned."
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Human Crossbowman

"OK boss."

Not wanting to have to shoot from horseback, Aishe dismounts and feeds his horse an apple while they wait to see if it's dust or trappers. His quiver is loose, but he leaves his crossbow hanging on his belt for now.

He says a little prayer to Abadar... Bandits are a plague. Under my will they come to justice. If they will not come willingly before the law, where they can protest for justice in the courts, they will come under the power of my weapon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50

"Not good to be seen on road."

Orthrus tries to keep low and abandons the camp for cover. As he did not bring food you can ride, this is easier for him.


HP: 62/62 l AC: 15, T 9, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +2, W +7; +2 bonus vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. arcane spells l Gaze of Flames (7/7), L1: 6/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init -1 l Senses: Perception +8, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +8, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. History +8, Kn. Planes +12, Linguistics +3, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +12, Survival +7, Swim +0, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Oracle of Flame 7 l Active Conditions:

Gillian frowns for a moment as she reviews her options and then shrugs before hopping down from atop Rose. "So we wait then. But be cautious just the same," she warns as she glances at Orthrus, heading for cover.


The Armageddon Echo

In about ten minutes, the cloud of dust dissipates as the riders at its head slow to a canter. They are barbarians by their dress, bearing distinctive patterns of war paint on their faces and shoulders, marks repeated in the same dark color on the necks of their equine mounts. They are twelve in number, although they are followed by a train of two dozen additional horses. As they pull to a stop, they hold up their right hands, showing that they brandish no weapons.

The leader of the group, a tall, sun-tanned man with dusty black hair, urges his mount forward a few steps before speaking, “Strange days these are when stars fall from the sky and the walled-folk wander the plains of the Velashan. I am Windbraid. What brings you here?”

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe relaxes, a little, when he finds they're not bandits, but he doesn't trust barbarians much more. So uncivilized. he thinks as they approach.

He lets Nel do the talking and stands by his horse, patting it's mane and watching the group carefully. His hand is never far from his weapons.


HP: 62/62 l AC: 15, T 9, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +2, W +7; +2 bonus vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. arcane spells l Gaze of Flames (7/7), L1: 6/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init -1 l Senses: Perception +8, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +8, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. History +8, Kn. Planes +12, Linguistics +3, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +12, Survival +7, Swim +0, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Oracle of Flame 7 l Active Conditions:

Well, I'm not sure what I was expecting but this certainly wasn't it. It could be worse, I suppose.

Gillian carefully raises her hands in return, showing that she is also unarmed. "We are travelers, passing through," she says cautiously, not wanting to share too much too soon. "What did you mean about 'falling stars'?"

As she speaks she watches Windbraid closely, trying to gauge his disposition. Was he truly just curious or was there more to it?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50

Given he has 10 minutes Orthrus positions himself a goodly distance (100') away, somewhere he can see (if not hear) the party from.

stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Nodding to Nel, Tamiro agrees, "It is broad daylight, not the greatest time for monsters or dark elves to attack."

As the riders get closer to the group he remains in his saddle, resting a hand on one of his blades. As the barbarians show no intent of attacking, he relaxes in the saddle, resting his hands over the reigns. He at least returns the wave, showing he has no weapons drawn, to try and make sure he puts the riders at ease.


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 77/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

With practiced ease, Nel slips from her saddle and stands beside Gibraltar with open arms. "Well met, Windbraid, I am Nel. Our group is heading to Crying Leaf, in order to meet with the the elves of the Mierani Forest." Gently stroking Gibraltar's neck, Nel watches the Shoanti man with interest. "Might I ask what causes you to meet us on this road? Has something happened up ahead?"

Ride: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


The Armageddon Echo

"Did you not see the star that fell and shook the world? Travelers told me that it hit just south of Riddleport. As for that," he gives a nod to Nel, "we are headed to the city. We sell our Velashan horses in the city. It is, of course, in such a state to buy? No wars between the crime lords or uprisings? I'd rather turn back now if that is the case."

"One word of warning: the elves of the forest are not friendly during the best of days. They don't typically allow outsiders in the woods at all, much less their village. I've heard of battles being waged within the forest, but I have not seen them, nor any of my people. Be wary."

I will link where the meteor happened in the gameplay thread once the Paizo site stops acting weird.


HP: 62/62 l AC: 15, T 9, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +2, W +7; +2 bonus vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. arcane spells l Gaze of Flames (7/7), L1: 6/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init -1 l Senses: Perception +8, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +8, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. History +8, Kn. Planes +12, Linguistics +3, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +12, Survival +7, Swim +0, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Oracle of Flame 7 l Active Conditions:

"It's in as much of a state to buy as it ever is, I suspect," Gillian responds, relaxing now that it seemed as if Windbraid and his companions were being sincere. "Aside from the elves themselves, are there any other dangers we should be wary of on the road ahead?"


Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe doesn't trust this lot at all. He remains tense and watchful, ready for anything from these uncivilized folk.

He's glad that Orthrus is nearby and not immediately visible in case of betrayal. I should be with him...


The Armageddon Echo

Windbraid regards Gillian for a moment before saying, "I cannot stress the dangers of the forest. The trails are clear until there, but the elves withdrawing and the sounds of battles - well, nothing good can come of it. Thank you for the news of Riddleport. If you need nothing else, we will be on our way."

He pulls the reins on his steed further before looking at his men. With a nod, his band begin to prepare to move again, having taken the moment to let the horses graze some. As quickly as they arrived, they leave. The dust cloud shrinks on the horizon and disappears into the midday sky.


Male Human Samurai (Ronin)7 | AC 21 T 13 FF 17 | HP 76/76 | F +8 R +6(+4) W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +0
Daily Resources:
Challenge 2(1)/Day - +4 Damage, Resolve 2(0)/day

Tamiro watches the barbarians leave, and then grunts, "What a pointless conversation. Maybe the dark elves are killing their kin."

Sitting up and flicking the reigns, Tamiro gets his horse straightened on the path and ready to go, "Either way, we should be ready for a fight. Expected or not."


Male Human Crossbowman

Aishe relaxes as they horsemen leave, but wonders, "The elves won't attack us will they? I mean, we're on the same side right? They're expecting us?"

He checks his gear, and remounts his horse, ready to proceed to the forest.


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50

Orthrus returns, ever wary of men on horses.


HP: 62/62 l AC: 15, T 9, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +6, R +2, W +7; +2 bonus vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. arcane spells l Gaze of Flames (7/7), L1: 6/7, L2: 4/7, L3: 3/5 l Init -1 l Senses: Perception +8, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +8, Heal +6, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. History +8, Kn. Planes +12, Linguistics +3, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +12, Survival +7, Swim +0, UMD +10
Female Half-Elf Oracle of Flame 7 l Active Conditions:

"I hope not, but it sounds as if Tamiro might be right - we should prepare for a cold reception, just in case," Gillian sighs as she climbs back into Rose's saddle. "We can talk more as we ride, though."


Female Half Elf Cavalier (Order of the tome) 5 | AC 21 T 11 FF 23| HP 77/77 | Fort + 8 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init + 3 | Perc + 9
Status:
Status: None | Challenge 2/2 Tactician 2/2
Gibraltar 34/34 hp

Offering a parting wave, Nel quickly remounts her horse. "We did gleam a little bit of information with that conversation. The elves are fighting within their borders." Nudging Gibraltar forward, Nel sighs heavily and sinks into her saddle. "At the very least we know to expect confrontation." smirking to the group Nel waits for everyone to be ready to head out before nudging Gibraltar onwards. "I have a felling that this is going to be a long day." she murmurs to herself, as she scans the forest up ahead for movement.


The Armageddon Echo

The rest of the second day of travel is uneventful. Around evening, the weather turns briefly as a thunderstorm rolls in from the west and drops sheets of rain, turning the somewhat dusty road muddy. The camp that night is less-than pleasant. Mud gets into most everything, and the fire is hard to light, as the local stores of wood are soaked.

The third and final days' travel finds the hunter's trail dipping beneath the dense canopy of the forest itself. Light is only filtered through the branches above, giving everything a dull green glow. Immense fir, pine and redwood trees tower above, and fauna is plentiful. Elk cross paths several times throughout the day, though they seem to pay little mind to your band.

About midday, the forest grows suddenly quiet at a crossroads between two hunter's trails. Just pass the clearing, about a hundred feet away, three large green-scaled dragons burst from a redwood, barreling at Nel and Gillian.

Knowledge Arcana DC 14:
These creatures are forest drakes, much weaker and dumber cousins of dragons. Forest drakes are bullies that prefer to elves or fey as their meals. A group of this size is typically called a rampage.

Notably, forest drakes are known for being able to breathe small clouds of acid.

Initiative!

24 - Blue Drake
22 - Orthus
18 - Aishe

17 - Yellow Drake
15 - Green Drake
7 - Gillian
4 - Nel
4- Tamiro

Gillian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Nel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Tamiro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Orthus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

GM Screen:
Yellow Drake: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Blue Drake: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Green Drake: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

One of the drakes make an early break from the rampage and hurtles down from the redwood at Nel. Its teeth snap at Nel and tighten around her armor 6 points of damager before she is able to shake its jaws off of her.

Bite: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30 Yikes!
Bite Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Bite Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Orthus and Aishe, you're up!


Male Human Crossbowman

Round: 1, Initiative: 18

Status:
HP: 55/55 AC: 21 (f15/t16)
Conditions = None
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 19/20
+1, Frost, Bolts = 20/20
+1 Bolts = 10/10
Ghost Salt, Cold iron Bolts = 10/10
Ranged: Attack: BAB +7/2, Dex +6, Magic +2, Weapon Focus +1, (Rapid Shot -2), (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +6, Magic +2, (Deadly Aim +4)
Melee: Attack: BAB +7/2, Str +0 Damage: +0
Grit = 3/4
Ranger Focus = (+2) 1/1
Quick Runner’s Shirt = 1/1
Spells (caster level 1, concentration +2, DC 11+)
At Will: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic
1/day: Detect Secret Doors, True Strike

Aishe wraps himself in his cloak during the rains, and mutters about the mud. He’s seen frequently casting Prestidigitation to get the foul stuff out of his boots and off his person, so at least he’s only wet. ”I’d forgotten how much I dislike travel. Give me the comforts of a city any day!” he mutters under his breath with some vehemence.

He’s more pleased the next day when the forests canopy offers some protection from the elements, and filters the harsh light of day. This is nice, he’s thinking to himself as his thoughts are interrupted by drakes!

”What the hell?!” he shouts as one launches itself upon the party. He moves off to the side as he draws his crossbow (move). He then shoots at the blue drake, using a bit of daring to eliminate cover.*

Crossbow (silver, cold iron, magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 1 = 21 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 1 = 14 (point blank)

* Shooter’s Resolve (Ex): When making a crossbow attack as a standard action you can ignore the effects of concealment (though not total concealment) and cover (other than total cover) against that shot.


The Armageddon Echo

24 - Blue Drake
"22 - Orthus"
18 - Aishe
17 - Yellow Drake
15 - Green Drake
7 - Gillian
4 - Nel
4- Tamiro

The drake roars in pain as Aishe's bolt tears a bloody hole in its wing.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50

knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Bob? Is that you, you old so and so? Howya been?

Does Orthrus know anything else about them? I only ask because, well, you know, 20.


The Armageddon Echo

You know pretty much all the info from the stat block in Bestiary 2. Standard issue forest drakes.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50

"Move! Bigger bow!" Orthrus jams his hand into his medicine pouch and draws forth a glass icicle and a bit of cat that was keeping him awake back in Riddleport. He runs the cat-hide over the shard of glass, and then, with the horse-hair stapled to his mask standing straight in all directions, he points the glass rod at the oncoming drake. "BOMABOMA!"

Lightning arcs from him, along the glass wand into the drake, and one just beyond!

lightning bolt (electricity, Reflex DC 19): 7d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6, 6, 6, 1, 2) = 25


The Armageddon Echo

24 - Blue Drake
"22 - Orthus"
18 - Aishe
17 - Yellow Drake
15 - Green Drake
7 - Gillian
4 - Nel
4- Tamiro

The drake in the front manages to dive out of the way as it sees Orthus cast electiricty from his hand. However, the drake in the back takes the full blast.

Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Drake's Turn

The wounded drake limps forward years before it breathes out a cloud of acid. It explodes behind Nel and bursts to cover nearly the whole cluster of bodies. Everyone within its ten-foot radius burst take 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 2) = 14 acid damage, reflex 14 halves. The acidic cloud lingers as obscuring mist for the next 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.

The other drake sweeps through the air in a large circle, approaching the flank. Its eyes glint with cruel wit.


Male Half-human Witch (scarred witch doctor) 7 | hp 51 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +6 R +6 W +8 (+2 v Pain) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +11, KnHis +11, KnNat +12, KnPla +12, Perc +8 (darkvision), Scrft +15, SensM +1 | clw wand 50/50, enlarge p wand 46/50

reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Knew that would happen.

1 to 50 of 289 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Slothsy's Second Darkness (Campaign) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.