Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Silbeg's 8-99a Solstice Scar (1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Silbeg

MAPS


301 to 350 of 405 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Between the eagle, Atronia, and Makon, all of the zombies are dispatched. The Pathfinders hurry forward into the camp.

A Kellid man leads the team to the encampment. "Nasty work at the barricade, but you lot handled yourselves well. Don't know if we could have held out much longer. Those deaders don't ever give up, and our living flesh needs food and rest now and again.

"Times are pretty rough, here. Some of our leaders are talking about pulling out, and leaving the lands we've protected for all these years. They say it just isn't worth the risk anymore. Even the Spiritbearer is starting to wonder if this isn't all a lost cause." The man shrugs.

"I am not much of a man for strategics, and all... I know how to fight, how to hunt, and how to love. Since there doesn't seem to be much need of the latter two, I'm going to catch a quick bite, and head back out to defend the encampment until the Elders decide where we're going.

"The way I see it you can either join us on the lines and fight off the deaders until then. If you are more of the leadership kind of folks, maybe you should go try and hurry them up to make up their minds. Either way, you'll be saving lives."

The man, who hasn't given his name, shrugs, and trots off to a cookfire to grab some grub.

You may either talk with the leaders or fight the undead creatures. Your choice. I will go with the the "rule of three", or the majority that have chimed in by noon CDT on Monday, Sept 25

Scarab Sages

Male Human Occultist 1 | hp 9 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 shield +4 AC | CMD 12 | F +3, R +1, W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Pla, Rel) +8, Perc +5, Scrft +8 SensM +1 | inspiration 3/4/day | focus 5/day |
GM Silbeg wrote:
Between the eagle, Atronia, and Makon, all of the zombies are dispatched. The Pathfinders hurry forward into the camp.

"Yes. Well done the two of you. I will recommend you both for special commendation should we survive."

GM Silbeg wrote:
"The way I see it you can either join us on the lines and fight off the deaders until then. If you are more of the leadership kind of folks, maybe you should go try and hurry them up to make up their minds...."[/b]

"Well, at university I was the head of our book club."

Leaders!

Liberty's Edge

male Grippli Monk (Unchained) 2 [hp 14/19] [Init +5] [AC 22, T 21, FF 18 (+3 Mage Armor) (Normal: 19|18|15) ] [Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3] [CMB +4, +8 Grapple, CMD 19, 21 vs Grapple] [Perc +8]

Grubglub puts away his nine section whip and heads over to listen to the man. Once the nameless native trots off, GrubGlub looks to the others and chimes in after Humbert. "In this one, I agree. I believe that we could influence the whole of the battle and get everyone ready if we were to speak to the leaders of the clan rather than join the line while the leaders dither."

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 12/13 | AC:11, 8 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:15: 12T: 13F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 2/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 1/5day,

Makon test the edge of his axe with his thumb, You know where I stand. Battle before talk. But, I will adhere to the majority.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Human Arcanist (occultist) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13(17) (12 Tch, 11(15) Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-4/4 Arcane Reservoir: 3/5 Consume Spells: (1/1) Active conditions: mage armour | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

"Rallying the whole place behind decisive leaders would certainly help more than just stemming the flow of undead temporarily."

Dark Archive

Male grippli medium (fiend keeper) 2 (HP: 15/15) (AC:20 FF:16 T:15) (Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +3) (Init: +4) (Perc: +5)

"As much as Sir Enrique must enjoy whacking and hacking at undead, battle won't help. That's how zombies are; they just keep on coming. Unless we give the leadership a good pep talk, we won't be changing much in the long run.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Atronia nods as the others speak. "Just like Enrique, while I can handle a fight, I think we should speak to the leaders. In the end, nothing will change until they make a decision. Perhaps they know something, too. I wonder where these undead are coming from."

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Sounds good!
The thick hide walls of the large tent muffle the sounds from outside. Iron spikes pin down an enormous map in the center of the tent. Wooden carvings of warriors and monsters lie strewn about the map, marking the location of fighting warriors and the encroaching undead.

As you enter, you hear Medda’s voice. “You’re asking us to leave behind everything we know and care about!”

“Indeed,” rumbles Anok the phantom’s deep and booming voice, “You would have us abandon our sacred pledge to Ivvora.”

“Aye, I’d have us abandon this lunacy!” Another man proclaims as you enter. He is a towering man, broad-shouldered and sturdily built, wearing the cloak of dire polar bear. Covered in scars and with a proud bearing, his presence fills this tent as he paces back and forth. “Surely we can find better winter hunting grounds, where we don’t have to compete for game with bloodthirsty orcs and cursed undead! As for leaving behind what we care about... What I care about is my warriors, many of whom we’ve left behind on this battlefield!”

“Who are we as a people if we abandon our oaths? I demand,” declares Medda, “that we stay and fight for our homes and our traditions!”

In addition to Medda, Anok the phantom, and the towering man, there is a fourth person in this room. An old woman with plenty of scars of her own, is calmly listening to the arguments while she fletches arrows. She has to bring the arrows close to her face as she fletches, but her ears are turned towards the conversation. With tanned and wrinkled skin, white hair cut short, and a weathered longbow by her side, there is an intense focus about the old woman, and the other three leaders keep darting glances her way, as if waiting for her to weigh in....

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Now you have an opportunity to influence the three Leaders of the Following (Medda, Kraugr, Jala) to stay and help the fight. Even Medda needs convincing, for the arguments of others have started to wear upon her.

THE RULES

There will be a few rounds where you can each try to influence one of the members, or discover information about them that might be helpful you figure out how to influence them best. Each round you may make a single skill check to 1) influence, 2) discover or 3) aid another to someone else’s roll.

You may always take ten if you wish. Especially when you are trying to influence there will be an opportunity to get circumstance bonuses for RP!

Each of the Leaders: Medda, Kraugr and Jala certain number of checks to be convinced to stay. The number of checks needed for each one of the leaders varies.

THE LEADERS & THEIR DISCOVERY SKILLS

  • Medda Spiritbearer (Knowledge Religion or Sense Motive)
  • Kragr Bloodhand (Knowledge Local or Sense Motive)
  • Jala the Patient (Knowledge Nature or Sense Motive)

  • Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    Round 1

  • => Atronia
  • => Enrique
  • => Grubglub
  • => Humbert
  • => Iovari
  • => Makon

    Please let me know who you working on, what you are trying to do, and how you are doing it.

  • Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    Finally, Atronia is down 8hp, Grubglub is down 6.

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 12/13 | AC:11, 8 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
    Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:15: 12T: 13F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
    skills:
    Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
    Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
    special, Feats:
    Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 2/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 1/5day,

    Makon can offer sense motive aid another actions..I'll roll two. If you are the first person to post a discover action that uses sense motive..you are using Makon's first spoiler/aid another. If you are the second person to post you will use the second spoiler. I will reserve my remaining actions to aid another influence; which I assume will be diplomacy for at least one of the leaders.

    aid another sense motive #1:
    Makon takes "10"! LOL you get ur +2!

    aid another sense motive #2:
    Makon takes "10"! LOL you get ur +2!

    Sovereign Court

    Male LG Human Arcanist (occultist) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13(17) (12 Tch, 11(15) Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-4/4 Arcane Reservoir: 3/5 Consume Spells: (1/1) Active conditions: mage armour | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

    Iovarl tries to get involved in the discussion around Medda Spiritbearer. He focuses on his knowledge of Iomadae and the other religious beliefs he has picked up while learning about his god while trying to understand they way Meda thinks and how to convince her to listen to him.

    "In tough situations i turn to the teachings of Iomadae. She favors honour, duty and standing firm against the evils of the world. But she does not do so blindly, as sometimes it is worth a temporary retreat so to regroup and regain strength. Only with careful consideration of the facts can one work out the best course of action. What do your beliefs teach you, Medda?"

    knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    Liberty's Edge

    male Grippli Monk (Unchained) 2 [hp 14/19] [Init +5] [AC 22, T 21, FF 18 (+3 Mage Armor) (Normal: 19|18|15) ] [Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3] [CMB +4, +8 Grapple, CMD 19, 21 vs Grapple] [Perc +8]

    I will post after work tonight.. approx 0200 cdt. And will post a couple actions.

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    Makon, all, you get one action per round. if you are doing aid another twice, that is two separate rounds. You cannot aid two separate people in one round.

    Also, please be very clear on what type of action you are trying to use. I am assuming that Iovari is doing "discovery", and will proceed thusly.

    Sovereign Court

    Male LG Human Arcanist (occultist) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13(17) (12 Tch, 11(15) Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-4/4 Arcane Reservoir: 3/5 Consume Spells: (1/1) Active conditions: mage armour | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

    That is correct. I'm glad my description filled in the gap there. I'll be more specific for the next post.

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token
    Iovarl Volarin wrote:

    Iovarl tries to get involved in the discussion around Medda Spiritbearer. He focuses on his knowledge of Iomadae and the other religious beliefs he has picked up while learning about his god while trying to understand they way Meda thinks and how to convince her to listen to him.

    "In tough situations i turn to the teachings of Iomadae. She favors honour, duty and standing firm against the evils of the world. But she does not do so blindly, as sometimes it is worth a temporary retreat so to regroup and regain strength. Only with careful consideration of the facts can one work out the best course of action. What do your beliefs teach you, Medda?"

    In discussions with Medda, Iovari realizes that her bloody bandage and celestial rune scars symbolize her devotion to Vildeis, the empyreal lord known as the Cardinal Martyr.

    "While I would prefer to live a life in peace, Iovari, I am practical enough to know that is not always possible. I realize that there are times that one must fight, and I think that this is one of them. I am not so sure my people know that anymore." says Medda. "I need help in getting the other elders to stand and fight... I grow weary of this fight."

    You believe that knowledge (religion) or perform (oratory) would be the best way to influence her. She is biased towards followers of good deities and against those that she sees as violent for their own glory or personal gain. You also believe that if you come out publicly in support of Medda, she will help you influence the other leaders by reducing the difficulty of the checks.

    Round 1
    x Atronia (Discovery on Medda)
    => Enrique
    => Grubglub
    => Humbert
    => Iovari
    R Makon (Waiting to aid Sense Motive)

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 12/13 | AC:11, 8 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
    Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:15: 12T: 13F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
    skills:
    Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
    Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
    special, Feats:
    Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 2/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 1/5day,

    Yes GM for the first two rounds Makon will "aid another Sense motive" for any person who wishes to use that skill. I'll wait and post till the the third round to see if there's a better use of my limited skill set.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

    Did we have some time between the fight and this? I'd like to use one CLW charge on Grubglub and one on myself, but I don't want to waste turns from this encounter...

    Atronia waits before speaking up, quietly observing the people arguing in the tent, and paying particular attention to the very vocal man who wishes to leave.

    Discovery check about Kragr.
    K local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

    Tiny edit because I made up a word. XD

    Scarab Sages

    Male Human Occultist 1 | hp 9 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 shield +4 AC | CMD 12 | F +3, R +1, W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Pla, Rel) +8, Perc +5, Scrft +8 SensM +1 | inspiration 3/4/day | focus 5/day |
    GM Silbeg wrote:

    In addition to Medda, Anok the phantom, and the towering man, there is a fourth person in this room. An old woman with plenty of scars of her own, is calmly listening to the arguments while she fletches arrows. She has to bring the arrows close to her face as she fletches, but her ears are turned towards the conversation. With tanned and wrinkled skin, white hair cut short, and a weathered longbow by her side, there is an intense focus about the old woman, and the other three leaders keep darting glances her way, as if waiting for her to weigh in....

    Angela Merkel?!?

    Humbert looks over the big man in the bear hide and using his knowledge of primitive northerners determines....

    knowledge (local, inspiration): 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + (4) = 16

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    Yes, you have time to heal up.

    Atronia quickly learns of Kragr's lightning temper, but not much else as she is shooed away!

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token
    Humbert Ardentask wrote:
    Humbert looks over the big man in the bear hide and using his knowledge of primitive northerners determines....

    This massive Kellid stands a head taller than most humans and wears a dire polar bear cloak from a bear he personally wrestled, pinned, and strangled during a year he spent traveling the Crown of the World. The many scars on his body suggest a life of physical conflict and perseverance.

    Kragr doesn’t like people to think he’s a coward. Insinuating that he’s afraid motivates him to look strong, but outright calling him a coward makes him angry.

    Kragr admires physically powerful creatures; he looks down on weak creatures. (high STR/CON characters get a bonus, low physical stats will get a penalty)

    Kragr responds better to strong words (intimdate) than he does flowery ones (bluff or diplomacy). He can be swayed, but he is more stubborn than the other leaders (so will take the most number of successes)

    Humbert:
    Sounds like a job perfectly made for Makon!!"

    Sovereign Court

    Male LG Human Arcanist (occultist) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13(17) (12 Tch, 11(15) Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-4/4 Arcane Reservoir: 3/5 Consume Spells: (1/1) Active conditions: mage armour | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

    Posting the next round for when it's needed.

    Iovarl continues his conversation with Medda. Once he realizes that her beliefs guide her in a similar way to him he pushes for her support.

    "In my home of Nerosyan we are constantly battling against the evil creatures spewing forth from the worldwound. The constant battles have left many weary, but i see that we can never give up as to do so could well doom our very souls. I joined the Pathfinders to find allies and gain funds to help me fight on in that unending war. On my own i can do little against the demons, but with like minded allies and my belief in Iomedae i know i can make a difference one day!" He pauses for a moment as he thinks about his home and the family and friends he has temporarily had to leave behind. That fight is ahead of him, but for now he can help others who have their homes threatened by evil.

    "For you and your people i feel the time to fight is now, and i will gladly stand with you against the evils here. If fighting is what you believe is right then you certainly shouldn't go against that belief. If the others here disagree then we should convince them that letting evil win is something that we simply cannot do. The Inheritor's will is clear to me on this!"

    Iovarl looks down to his hand and realizes that at some point he grasped the holy symbol of Iomedae from around his neck. He releases his grip and sees a spot of blood on his hand from where one of the sharper points of the sword shaped holy symbol has pierced his skin.

    Knowledge (Religeon): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Trying to influence Medda.

    Liberty's Edge

    male Grippli Monk (Unchained) 2 [hp 14/19] [Init +5] [AC 22, T 21, FF 18 (+3 Mage Armor) (Normal: 19|18|15) ] [Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3] [CMB +4, +8 Grapple, CMD 19, 21 vs Grapple] [Perc +8]

    Grubglub pads over to the older woman fletching arrows and sits beside her. "My name is GrubGlub, and I hail from the Mwangi Expanse. It is my pleasure to meet you and to assist your people. Please, what is your name, warrior? It is good to watch.. you learn much more than when speaking! If it please you, what can you tell me about the state of your defenses here? It seems that some would abandon their sacred charges here. I think that some battles are worth fighting. What would you say?"

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
    GM Reroll: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    @Grubglub
    Using Makon's Sense Motive Aid here... Now that I read the spoilers, I have to note that you cannot take 10 on an Aid Another check.

    Aid Another wrote:
    You can help someone achieve success on a skill check by making the same kind of skill check in a cooperative effort. If you roll a 10 or higher on your check, the character you're helping gets a +2 bonus on his or her check. (You can't take 10 on a skill check to aid another.) In many cases, a character's help won't be beneficial, or only a limited number of characters can help at once.

    Makon Aid Another: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

    Jala’s age may have wrinkled her skin and clouded her vision, but she still wears her leather armor and longbow proudly. Regular exercise has kept her body strong, despite her old age. Jala is often silent, waiting for the right moment to speak. When she does, her words are direct and to the point. Jala prefers to hear reasoned arguments and dislikes impassioned pleas that depend on emotional manipulation.

    She can be swayed by a factual argument using wilderness lore or one's experience as a soldier (kn:Nature or Prof:Soldier). Less effective would be to discuss the dangers of letting the undead roam free upon the North (kn:religion)

    She is hardened by her years, which makes her less zealous than Medda. However, she is more willing to listen to reason than the much younger Kragr.

    Iovari with Medda

    "I agree, Iovari, that those that stand the line as individuals can often do little, but if we stand en masse, we are stronger then we would be as individuals. My people forget that the Whispering Tyrant once walked Avistan, and that his lieutenants were nearly as strong as he. Many wish to flee, and lie out their lives in peace. How can we ask them fight such a terrible foe?"

    One success vs Medda!!!

    Round 2
    => Atronia
    => Enrique (plus round 1)
    => Grubglub
    => Humbert
    x Iovari
    => Makon (Aid Another is not your best choice)

    Medda: 1
    Kragr: 0
    Jala: 0

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 12/13 | AC:11, 8 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
    Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:15: 12T: 13F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
    skills:
    Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
    Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
    special, Feats:
    Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 2/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 1/5day,

    I'm aware that aid another is not my best choice but unless Humbert shares what he knows , would I have any other options?

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    I am assuming you all share what you learn. For reasons of time, I am not going to make you all RP it out. Go ahead and do what makes sense this round.

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 12/13 | AC:11, 8 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
    Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:15: 12T: 13F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
    skills:
    Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
    Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
    special, Feats:
    Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 2/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 1/5day,

    As Humbert quietly indicates to Makon that, the brute of a Kellid Humbert was studying, may need more than subtle talk; Makon takes that as his cue to intercede. Before he does, he moves towards Enrique, and says, You got some of that magic that helped me before? It boosted my spirit so I was better able to fight? I have a kind of a fight that I need to pick that, I hope won't come to blows..will your magic help with words as well as steel? (Makon is asking Enrique, to cast guidance on him before he talks to Kragr)
    What's this I hear of a cowardly Mammoth Lord chieftain? Tucking tail and running are we? The Orcs of Belkzen will use the great name of Kragr as a punchline in their un-seemly jokes! Effigy's of the great stature will be used as pinata's in the nurseries! Makon waits until the insults really sink in and the humiliation of Kragr's cowardice, cause him to come close to breaking before continuing. Yes! Indeed your enemies will indeed celebrate the day of Kellid cowards! Makon gets incredibly close to Kragr's face and snarls, I should count myself privileged to have witnessed such an event! Here I was thinking that men of Kellid heritage actually had some back bone! Guess that's why I joined the society, learn something new everyday it seems.. Makon *smirks* then spits on the ground..close to the hulking Kellid's feet.

    Assuming Enrique complies and cast guidance here's my intimidate roll. If Enrique uses his action for something else..just deduct one from the result please.

    intimidate: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15

    *edit* to my party members, if you feel the result of my intimidate check somewhat middling one or more of you might try an "aid another" attempt to boost the result.

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    However, as it happens, Makon is very strong (gaining a bonus). Unfortunately, Makon outright called him a coward with "cowardly Mammoth Lord Chieftain"

    Botting Enrique to cast Guidance. Round 2 he should try using one of his skills to make a check!

    Kragr responds to the half-orc's taunting. He storms out to confront the barbarian. "Who dares call KRAGR a coward?" The large man looks ready to rip Makon's head off of his shoulders with his bear hands. "Kragr is not afraid to fight undead. But he sees little value in it when there are hunting grounds available that are not infested with the living dead. Does Kragr have to kill more undead to prove himself to you, outsider?" he barks, spitting all over Makon.

    One success on Kragr, actually

    Round 2
    => Atronia
    => Enrique
    => Grubglub
    => Humbert
    x Iovari [Influenced Medda]
    x Makon [Influenced Kragr]

    Medda: 1
    Kragr: 1
    Jala: 0

    Scarab Sages

    Male Human Occultist 1 | hp 9 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 shield +4 AC | CMD 12 | F +3, R +1, W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Pla, Rel) +8, Perc +5, Scrft +8 SensM +1 | inspiration 3/4/day | focus 5/day |
    GM Silbeg wrote:
    I am assuming you all share what you learn. For reasons of time, I am not going to make you all RP it out. Go ahead and do what makes sense this round.

    Sure, you can make an ASS out of U [HIM] and ME. ;)

    GM Silbeg wrote:

    Kragr responds to the half-orc's taunting. He storms out to confront the barbarian. "Who dares call KRAGR a coward?"

    Humbert stands stiffly to one side, and points at Makon with both hands. He rushes off to speak with the safer seeming Jala.

    knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

    "Lovely land you have here... aside form the all putrefying walking dead of course."

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    @Humbert
    "Yes, the undead. Too many." Jala says, brusquely, staring at Humbert. She stares so intently at Humbert that he feels like she is peering into his soul. She does not react other than that, as if she is waiting for something more than an opening statement.

    Scarab Sages

    Male Human Occultist 1 | hp 9 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 shield +4 AC | CMD 12 | F +3, R +1, W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Pla, Rel) +8, Perc +5, Scrft +8 SensM +1 | inspiration 3/4/day | focus 5/day |
    GM Silbeg wrote:

    @Humbert

    "Yes, the undead. Too many." Jala says, brusquely, staring at Humbert. She stares so intently at Humbert that he feels like she is peering into his soul.

    The deep, deep, dark recesses of his tormented, Hell-blackened soul.... Somewhere Depeche Mode is playing.

    "Yes well, I'm sure Makon is enjoying himself with all the animate skeletons--you know, 'crunch all you want, we'll make more'. Heh--err, I suppose it is troubling to have your living friends and family ousted from their lands by what are potentially the remains of their ancestors. I only write about the horror of such things. I doubt I could live it."

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    She shakes her head at Humbert's comments, as if she is disgusted by his emotional appeal.

    Failure.

    Round 2
    => Atronia
    => Enrique
    => Grubglub
    x Humbert
    x Iovari [Influenced Medda]
    x Makon [Influenced Kragr]

    Medda: 1
    Kragr: 1
    Jala: 0

    Dark Archive

    Male grippli medium (fiend keeper) 2 (HP: 15/15) (AC:20 FF:16 T:15) (Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +3) (Init: +4) (Perc: +5)

    Hello, I wanted to check in and show I'm still here, despite some school pressure. It's late at night and I'm a bit too tired to think of a good argument right now, but Enrique will suck up to Kragr, appealing to his ego and explaining how he doesn't need to kill undead only to prove himself but also to improve his reputation.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

    Liberty's Edge

    male Grippli Monk (Unchained) 2 [hp 14/19] [Init +5] [AC 22, T 21, FF 18 (+3 Mage Armor) (Normal: 19|18|15) ] [Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3] [CMB +4, +8 Grapple, CMD 19, 21 vs Grapple] [Perc +8]

    I have no K. Nature K. Religion, and certainly no Prof: Soldier for Jala. However, I do have K. History at +6. I will roll a naked d20 and post a speech and let you take it from there.

    GrubGlub tries to read the woman, and although he senses that a military argument would work best, he has little experience with such matters. He does however, know how historical conflicts have worked in the past.

    "It seems to me that although this charge has been passed down to you over the centuries, it has not always been like this.. in fact, your lands have been mostly peaceful over the centuries that you have held your sacred duties. Once we replace the stolen artifact, I can only assume that this peace will return to your lands. If you were to give up your sacred charge and depart these lands, would you find lands as suitable to your tribe elsewhere?? As peaceful? It is likely that you will be fleeing this fight and running right into another fight for survival with no home, no history, and no defenses. You may have to try and push another people out of their lands in order to make room for yourselves.. thus doing to these people what you are having done to yourself now. I urge you to stay and fight on the historical evidence that your lands will return to normal once the artifact is in place!"

    1d20 ⇒ 11
    +6 for K. History
    Edit: makes for a great assist?? lol

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

    Sorry for not posting yesterday! Phone trouble while I wasn't home. I'm assuming we need multiple successes with each of the leaders? If we were done with Medda, let me know and I'll write something else this afternoon.

    Since Kragr doesn't seem particularly welcoming, Atronia decides to speak to Medda first. She addresses with a lowered voice, in the soft tones of confidence between friends facing a dire situation.

    "It is a grueling task to fight the hordes of undead, is it not? Yet I believe there is glory in it. Not for individuals, of course, it is not a dragon to be slain by some valiant hero, but for the people. For those who have the courage to rise up to the challenge and to honour their ancestors by defending the land they were given in heritage. One day, in times of strife, the people of the Twinhorn will tell the story of those who fought for their future, and they will gain courage from it."

    Her eyes are lost in some faraway place for a few seconds, before she turns to Medda again. "If you still wish to fight, I will support you."

    Perform oratory: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    I'm doomed. Skill checks on this website hate me.

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    Do you want to keep that roll? Do you have a reroll available?

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

    I don't, so I just have to deal with it. XD How do people even get rerolls? Are they boons you can get from some adventures?

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    Enrique goes past the grumpy Makon, and has an intelligent conversation with Kragr. While Kragr has not agreed to vote to stay, Enrique feels he is moving closer to that decision.
    Success: Kragr

    @Grubglub, I will give it to you, but it will be a harder check. Starting at a 17...
    Jala patiently listens to Grubglub's dissertation on the historical role of Twinhorns. She nods as he makes his points, listening carefully what he has to say. +2 for logic, +x for RP
    She nods to Grubglub, and says, "Yes, we have a duty here." It is clear she agrees, but hasn't made the decision to vote to stay.
    Success: Jala

    Round 3, last round
    I would make a strong suggestion for someone to influence Medda first (Atronia tried, but didn't succeed) in order to sway her into helping.
    Also, reread the discoveries you made. You want to work with what you've learned. Note that penalties incurred may carry over.

    Round 3
    => Atronia
    => Enrique
    => Grubglub
    => Humbert
    => Iovari
    => Makon

    Medda: 1
    Kragr: 2
    Jala: 1

    Sovereign Court

    Male LG Human Arcanist (occultist) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13(17) (12 Tch, 11(15) Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-4/4 Arcane Reservoir: 3/5 Consume Spells: (1/1) Active conditions: mage armour | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

    Iovarl continues to talk to Medda as he tries to convince her to make a stronger stand against leaving.

    "The people of this land should fight because that is the right thing for the good people of Golarion to do. If we all were to give up and fall back in times of hardship this would only make it that much easier for evil enemies to get what they want. These great evils must be challenged and pushed back by all who can fight, or those who cannot fight for themselves will end up subjugated or put to death."

    Iovarl looks around and takes in the sight of the eclectic mix of warriors, scholars and adventurers gathered around him.

    "I know that i am no great warrior like some of my allies, but i use my arcane powers to do what good i can in Iomedae's name. But when your people fight they will not have to fight alone. You have the aid of many of the Pathfinder Societies heroic members to stand at your side and bolster your forces. Come, Medda, let us talk to the others and together we can teach them why we must fight!"

    I'm going to use my Sovereign Court Faction Pin for +1 bonus to my skill check.

    knowledge (Religion), faction pin: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22

    I have a re-roll available for owning a Pathfinder bag, but i think that looks like a good result so i'll not use it. It's a shame i can't let someone else use my re-roll otherwise i would.

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    Medda listens to Iovai's rousing dissertation. He adds in some shocking tales about what the undead will do to those who remain, and why they should be fought off!

    Medda nods at him, stands, raising her spear. "Twinhorns! For centuries, we stood, and followed the rituals, preventing what we see today from happening. Our time of rituals and waiting is done! Today we stand and fight for our people and for all of Golarian!

    "Twinhorns!

    "Twinhorns!"

    She is met with cheers from about large number of the remaining tribesfolk, including some who are currently fighting on the line.

    Success! All influence checks vs other leaders are at +4!

    Round 3
    => Atronia
    => Enrique
    => Grubglub
    => Humbert
    x Iovari [Medda is convinced!]
    => Makon

    Medda: 2 (SUCCESS!)
    Kragr: 2
    Jala: 1

    Sovereign Court

    Male LG Human Arcanist (occultist) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13(17) (12 Tch, 11(15) Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-4/4 Arcane Reservoir: 3/5 Consume Spells: (1/1) Active conditions: mage armour | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

    HOORAY!

    Dark Archive

    Male grippli medium (fiend keeper) 2 (HP: 15/15) (AC:20 FF:16 T:15) (Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +3) (Init: +4) (Perc: +5)

    "Twinhorns!"

    "What say you, Kragr? Don't you wish to join on this quest to drive the unliving menace out of your lands? The people will it, your fellow leaders will it, the Twin Horns will it; by my word, Vildeis wills it! Fight now, for honour and for a better future!"

    Diplomacy + Medda: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 12/13 | AC:11, 8 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), lt mace +4 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
    Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:15: 12T: 13F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
    skills:
    Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
    Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
    special, Feats:
    Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 2/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 1/5day,

    [ooc] If Enrique was successful in swaying Kragr Makon will "aid another" Atronia's knowledge nature check with Jala (Atronia has bardic knowledge making her knowledge nature +2 naturally +6 with the success of Medda and potential+8 with my aid another) . If Enrique was not successful, Makon attempts to intimidate Kragr again.(instead of aiding Atronia)

    Intimidate Kragr:
    Don't let my friend's pretty words fool you! All the Mammoth Lords will know what you did here today Kragr! You ran...others choose to stay and fight! Plain and simple..Find a way to live with yourself after that chieftain! Makon spits again.
    intimidate: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 4 = 17

    aid Atronia's knowledge nature:
    Makon walks up to Atronia and smiles at Jala, I don't know much about your lands but, I've heard during
    your brief springs the flower blooms are abundant and beautiful!
    knowledge nature "untrainded" aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (if needed cause Medda's boon doesn't extend to aid another..I will use my "worldly trait" to re-roll the aid another check without the Medda boon.) knowledge nature "untrainded" aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 3

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    Enrique does another good job of talking to Kragr, who now looks more likely to side with staying. However, he is still complaining that the undead are ruining the hunting grounds.
    Another success, but still not enough

    Then Makon gets back in the face of Kragr. (Man, the dice are hating some of you...) For a moment, it appears that is about to smack Makon in the face, and then he backs down.
    Success!

    "Fine." Kragr spits. "I will vote to stay."

    He looks straight at Makon when he continues, "But if my people starve, I will come back to haunt you!"

    Round 3
    => Atronia
    x Enrique [Convinces Kragr]
    => Grubglub
    => Humbert
    x Iovari [Medda is convinced!]
    x Makon [Intiimdates Kragr into agreeing]

    You have achieved the base success... now get Jala for more!
    Medda: 2 (SUCCESS!)
    Kragr: 4 (SUCCESS!)
    Jala: 1

    Liberty's Edge

    male Grippli Monk (Unchained) 2 [hp 14/19] [Init +5] [AC 22, T 21, FF 18 (+3 Mage Armor) (Normal: 19|18|15) ] [Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3] [CMB +4, +8 Grapple, CMD 19, 21 vs Grapple] [Perc +8]

    Grubglub swells with referred pride as the chants fill the tent and the leaders come to show the life these strong people are known for. With a smile on his froggy face, he returns to his conversation with Jala. "Your compatriots have decided that this land is worth fighting for, and returning to its former glory. With the help of the Pathfinders, we can make sure that your home returns to the haven that you have known for centuries. Please.. I beg of you. A tent divided in the middle cannot bear the weight of the snow, and only by working together can we accomplish these goals. You have spent your life defending these lands and growing your prosperity. If not for the lands that will fall behind you, stand for your people.. now if at all." With a respectful bow, the monk steps back, giving the woman time to make her choice.

    Taking ten this time, 16 base roll for K. History. Medda gives me a 20, plus other buffs as provided.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

    Somewhat despondent after her lack of success swaying Medda, but glad to see her companions are faring better, Atronia goes to see Jala as well. She lets herself sink to the ground beside her, sighing as she suddenly realizes how much pain she was in. She lays her hand on her bag thinking of taking out the wand, but lets her hand drop again as she decides to keep that for when they will not be in the presence of all the clan leaders. She speaks of the resources and advantageous landmarks she has noticed nearby as they approached, some of which seem almost unique to the area. "Those things, too, are worth fighting for."

    K nature, with Medda's help: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 4 = 9

    Aid another, anyone? The dice really do hate me. I don't think I've ever had a high roll on a Knowledge check with this character.

    Scarab Sages

    Male Human Occultist 1 | hp 9 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 shield +4 AC | CMD 12 | F +3, R +1, W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Pla, Rel) +8, Perc +5, Scrft +8 SensM +1 | inspiration 3/4/day | focus 5/day |
    Atronia wrote:
    Aid another, anyone? The dice really do hate me. I don't think I've ever had a high roll on a Knowledge check with this character.

    I would, but I don't see that it would help much. :(

    GM Silbeg wrote:

    She shakes her head at Humbert's comments, as if she is disgusted by his emotional appeal.

    Failure.

    "Ahem. Yes. Well, I'll leave you to your grim-faced skulking then shall I?"

    Seeing a slightly friendly attitude emanating from Medda the 'warrior woman' (Heh, he still can't get over it, it's like saying 'President Trump'. It just doesn't make any sense.) He wanders over and joins her collection of hangers on, hoping it might make him more popular.

    "UP WITH THE GOOD GODS! DOWN WITH THE BAD GODS!" He shouts, and then coughs a bit afterwards.

    knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

    First, Grubglub manages to start swaying Jala. Then, Hunbert comes in and performs his special sort of "encouragement".... and somehow is able to sway Jala!

    Success on all three!

    Dark Archive

    Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token
    GM Granta wrote:

    ★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

    The air fills with the sound of Kellid battle cries as dozens of Twinhorn warriors join the fight.

    @Table GMs: The Twinhorn Comrades condition on page 31 is in effect.

    Somehow we got missed...

    Twinhorn Comrades wrote:

    The next successful melee or ranged attack made by each PC before the end of the adventure automatically gains the benefits of the boosted Allied Offensive aid token effect.

    Allied Offensive: A Pathfinder agent strikes a creature at the same time as the PC, increasing the damage dealt by one attack by 1d8 points. In addition, after the attack, anyone attacking the target is considered to be flanking it until the beginning of the attacker’s next turn.

    301 to 350 of 405 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PBP GameDay VI] GM QWERTY 's Solstice Scar (1-2) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.