Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Silbeg's #55: The Infernal Vault (3-4)

Game Master Silbeg


101 to 150 of 202 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) : CMB +4 : CMD 16 | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

"You attacked Bert unprompted at the f#$@ing door!... No good people in this no good city..." Gaz knows when he is of no use and removes himself temporarily from the conversation before his temper rises again.

Think of the hillsides, the horses, running in the grasses, killing game with your bare hands, whew, relax. Relax.

Scarab Sages

Bert N Magical Beast | HP: 13 | AC: 13 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Stealth: +14, Dance: +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Bert limps into the townhouse and promptly kicks the woman in the shins.

"bert!"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 5/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Madame, here in cultured Absalom I doubt the first reaction to seeing a fine feathered friend in your hallway is to attempt to kill it. Had you been reasonable in your approach to the dodo, I am positive we could have come to a reasonable conversation. Maybe even been friends. But, no. Your first thought was violence. Vicious cruelty to animals. Now, we can over look your ruffian behavior to the fauna of this world as none of us are particularly harmed. Should you decide to alert the authorities about our defense of the dodo in relation to your friend, I suggest you ask for officer Dickey Serpico. He is a good man and will always give you the time of day."

Diplomacy!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

"Culture" she says, spitting on the floor. "Is it cultured to break into someone's home? I would wonder what your officer Serpico would have to say about your breaking and entering. Your little bird does not appear to be able to open a door by itself.

"Additionally, and correct me if I am wrong, you would not have accepted 'no' for an answer had we told you to leave. Ralphie and I were paid to guard this house, and to let no one inside. You did not even knock on the door... no... you just barged in, with your bird in front, and now are claiming injury when we defended ourselves and this townhouse.

"Lucky for me that I surrendered when I did..." she looks at the grievous wounds the two sword blows left on her, "else I would be as dead as Ralphie over there. Truly, I don't expect to live past this conversation... your own penchant violence is clearly shown.

"I shall not stop you from going forward... I do value my life. But don't expect me to apologize for doing my job or for defending myself.".

She just sits down on the floor... glaring at Constantine and Gaz.

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) : CMB +4 : CMD 16 | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Has glances over the two rooms as he paces and calms down, mumbling to himself. "Probably devil worshipers anyways, like she has the moral high ground to talk down to us. Blood rituals, cannibalism, their kind isn't special. Nature makes better and worse anyways, plus more original.. "

Would like to take 10 or 20 for Perception, +7.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

"Bert is a dodo! He just wanted to see what was inside, you defended yourself from a bird? What kind of big meanie guard are you? He is just a little animal and was doing what little animals do. We were not following him.. we didn't even know he was gone! He is a sneaky little guy."

Prizm walks into the room and takes a look about - eyeing for anything arcane.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

The team cases the joint, but doesn't find anything else. The only way past this point is the open trap door on the floor of the kitchen.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

Prizm peers down the trapdoor squinting to make out anything of note.

"Do we go down? Seems spooky down there... "

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 3/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

"Let's get moving." He leads down the trapdoor.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

This small, stuffy square room was cut from the building’s stone foundation. The room’s east wall features a large stone mosaic of stone that shows several faceless people worshipping at the top, and others being condemned at the bottom, with no figures in the middle pattern. The mosaic contains a set of three identical circular indentations: one set within the top section, one in the empty center, and another set within the bottom section. Illuminating the room are two lit torches in sconces on the north and south walls.

Perception DC10:
You see three circular stone disks stacked neatly against the east wall by the door. The stones represent a happy looking female child, a grandiose city, and a brooding devil.

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) : CMB +4 : CMD 16 | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Gaz follows Kern down. Inside the room it takes him a moment to adjust to the torch light. Once able, he cautiously studies in the mosaics without touching them.

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 3/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

Kern thinks carefully about the meaning of these tablets.

KN:All Take 10, HA: 10 + 8 + 2 = 20

"Very strange... a puzzle of some sort?"

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) : CMB +4 : CMD 16 | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

I'm never sure what I can take 10 or 20 on...

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Armored Battlemage 3 | HP: 16/24 | AC: 21 (14 tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5 CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Speed 30 | Shirt Reroll: 1/1 | Spells: Chill Touch x2, Enlarge Person, Shield| Arcane Pool 4/4| Active conditions: Bull's Strength

Praesid will also follow down the trapdoor, once he is sure that the woman will not try anything funky... He glares at her while cleaning his greatsword, before he sheathes it, to make sure his point has silently been made.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

'Hmm... anyway out of this room?'

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

So, anyone doing anything with the puzzle lock?

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 3/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

Kern looks left and right.. shrugs and lugs the tablets to the puzzle....
placing the smiling girl on top... the grandiose city in the middle and the devil on bottom.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

As soon as Kern places the devil tile in the bottom slot a door pops open, spitting out the three stone keys in the process.

The team then makes their way down the staircase. This room is split by a long, ten-foot-wide stone walkway, extending sixty feet east to west between two spiral staircases. Two ladders rest on the north side of the walkway and two more on the south, leading down into a fifteen-foot-wide trench twenty feet below. These sub-rooms are filled with objects ranging from decrepit suits of rusted armor, to piles of rotting furs, and to various over-stuuffed footlockers.

Slide #4

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 3/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

Kern casts detect magic....

"Go ahead Gaz." Kern waits for Gaz to move forward.

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) : CMB +4 : CMD 16 | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Gaz nods and narrows his eyes as he draws his sword. He begins to step forward and then pauses, "By the way, in case things get bad down here." He hands Kern a scroll of Bulls Strength. "I'll watch this side, Praesid the other?" He asks as he begins down the pathway cautiously, great sword held in the Death Lotion grip, and his gaze favoring the trench nearest him.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Armored Battlemage 3 | HP: 16/24 | AC: 21 (14 tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5 CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Speed 30 | Shirt Reroll: 1/1 | Spells: Chill Touch x2, Enlarge Person, Shield| Arcane Pool 4/4| Active conditions: Bull's Strength

Praesid nods at Gaz while drawing his greatsword, and assuming it's dark beyond the room with the the torches and the puzzle casts Light on his blade.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Bert perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
Constantine perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Gaz perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Kern perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Praesid perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Prizm perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

perception 14:

You notice that the rugs in the NW corner of the room are draped over a fourth lever.

As you all enter the room, you hear a noise behind you, as if a bolt is being thrown into the lock of the door.

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 3/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

Kern continues to push the group to the other side of the room.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

"Oh dear! Are we trapped?!"

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

The group moves to the other side of the room, without investigating, and learn that the door on the opposite side is indeed locked.

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 3/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

seeing no sneaky types.. Kern decides to go pull the "fourth" lever.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

To be clear, as per the map, there are four levers. Three are obvious, unconcealed, only the fourth was hard to see. I am moving Kern to pull the concealed lever.

Also of note, a bit of my bad... there are actually no doors, just a portcullis in front of the door to the east (the one your are moving towards). I misread that. Doesn't really change anything, though.

Kern pulls the lever, and while some grinding of gears and the like can be heard, nothing changes.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

crickets...

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Armored Battlemage 3 | HP: 16/24 | AC: 21 (14 tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5 CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Speed 30 | Shirt Reroll: 1/1 | Spells: Chill Touch x2, Enlarge Person, Shield| Arcane Pool 4/4| Active conditions: Bull's Strength

"May as well try something..."

Praesid moves and pulls the lever closest to him. The SouthEast lever

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) : CMB +4 : CMD 16 | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

"Well if it's a game of grab a lever.." Gaz will wait to see if Praesid's lever does anything, if not he'll pull the NorthEast lever.

The Exchange

Male LG Human (Garundi) Warpriest of Erastil 4 | HP: 26/27| AC: 19 (13 tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20 | Pearls of Power I 0/2 | Sacred Weapon 3/4, Fervor 3/4, Blessings 5/5, Shirt Reroll 1/1| Active conditions:

Praesid grabs a level, but nothing more than some clicking happens. Then, Gaz steps down, and pulls another. As soon as he does this, the lever in front of Praesid moves back.

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) : CMB +4 : CMD 16 | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Gaz moves the lever back and forth a few times. "Ok, someone grab the last lever. We need to coordinate this."

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Constantine moves down to pull the last lever, but nothing happens.

The order you pulled them was: Kern, Praesid, Gaz, Constantine

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) : CMB +4 : CMD 16 | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

"Hey Praesid, see if your lever moves mine. These two might just oppose each other.." Gaz yanks on the lever again.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Armored Battlemage 3 | HP: 16/24 | AC: 21 (14 tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5 CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Speed 30 | Shirt Reroll: 1/1 | Spells: Chill Touch x2, Enlarge Person, Shield| Arcane Pool 4/4| Active conditions: Bull's Strength

Praesid pulls his lever. Repeatedly. Until something exciting happens.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Spoiler:

1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 15

As Gaz and Praesid pull on their levers, Constantine and Kern's levers are returned to their previous positions.

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 3/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

Kern pulls his lever again and attempts to hold it in place.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Spoiler:

Constantine perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Gaz perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Kern perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Praesid perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Constantine init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 5
Gaz init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 2
Kern init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 1
Praesid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 4
others init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 3

As Kern starts playing with the lever, he feels the prick of a sting in his neck. It burns badly, sending tingles through his veins. He then realizes his limbs are starting to feel a little numb. He sees a creature with fiendish wings and a whipping scorpion-like tail lash behind this diminutive (tiny, actually), red-skinned nuisance.

sting w/ invis vs FF AC14: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26 Sting: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Kern Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 DEX damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Then, as suddenly as that happens, Constantine hears "Run home to your mamma!" Constantine thinks that is a remarkably good idea, and prepares to run home. (Suggestion) Another tiny fiend shows up.
Constantine Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Gaz and Kern are up!
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes

Vault Storage rd1:


  • => Kern
  • => Gaz
  • Devils?
  • Praesid
  • Constantine

Conditions:
Constantine: 12/25
Gaz: 21/21
Kern: 22/23 [-1 DEX]
Praesid: 16/24

Enemies (or Allies?)
Red:
Blue:

Knowledge(Planes) DC12:
These are Imps: LE Tiny outsider (devil, evil, extraplanar, lawful).

Knowledge(Planes) DC17:
Imps are resistant to damage, though this is overcome by silver or good weapons. They are immune to fire and poison, very resistant to acid and cold damage.

more given on higher rolls

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 3/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

Kern wheels angrily at the little beastie.
kn:planes, HA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19

"Damn little imp - use silver on them! don't bother with fire!""

He then grows a massive angry claw and swipes at the imp.
Battleshape claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Kern's swipe at the imp misses, leaving the little bugger laughing at the mage.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 5/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Constantine remembers that suggestion is language dependent and does not run home to momma.

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) : CMB +4 : CMD 16 | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Gaz draws one of his new silver hammers as he steps towards Kern. There isn't a scratch on it and that bothers him, it's unlucky.

Hammer throw!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Moves and draws throwing hammer. Throws throwing hammer like a noob.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

The imp that failed to get Constantine to leave instead decides that ghd bard should pay for his insolence. He moves into Constantine to attack! However, it continues to be stymied by him.
sting! vs FF AC18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

The other flies back a bit, and says to Kern, "That stupid man tried to kill you with his hammer! You should kill him!" Kern obviously doesn't succumb to the magical suggestion. The numbing poison also runs its course.

Kern Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Kern Fort Save (poison cont): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Praesid and Constantine are up!
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes

Vault Storage rd1:


  • x Kern [THE CLAW!]
  • x Gaz
  • x Devils?
  • => Praesid
  • => Constantine

Conditions:
Constantine: 12/25
Gaz: 21/21
Kern: 22/23 [-1 DEX]
Praesid: 16/24

Enemies (or Allies?)
Red:
Blue:

Sorry, guess I didn't post the above...

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 5/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Rise up, men! Face your fears of the unknown!"

Constantine draws forth his mithral dagger waving it at the imp. "Eh? Ready for a taste of this?

Standard action: Inspire Courage +1/+1(Perform Oratory)
Move action: Draw mithral dagger

AoO for when/if the imp attacks me/moves into my personal space:
Attack!: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8Damage!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Armored Battlemage 3 | HP: 16/24 | AC: 21 (14 tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5 CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Speed 30 | Shirt Reroll: 1/1 | Spells: Chill Touch x2, Enlarge Person, Shield| Arcane Pool 4/4| Active conditions: Bull's Strength

Praesid sees the imp attacking Constantine and charges up his weapon with arcane power before letting loose a battle cry and charging!

"YYYAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGHH!!!"

Attack, Insp Cour & Charge: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 16
damage, A.S. Insp Cour (no special material): 2d6 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 13

AC: 19, Tch 12, FF 16

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Constantine inspires the team with his words of encouragemetn, but even with that, Praesid is unable to land the blow at the end of his charge.

Kern and Gas are up!
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes

Vault Storage rd3:


  • Kern
  • Gaz
  • Devils?
  • Praesid
  • Constantine

Conditions:
Constantine: 12/25
Gaz: 21/21
Kern: 22/23 [-1 DEX]
Praesid: 16/24

Enemies (or Allies?)
Red:
Blue:

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 3/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

Kern snears at the imp and attacks again.

Battleshape claw, pa, ic: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 + 1 = 13

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Even with the encouragement of Constantine, Kern is unable to land a blow on the devil.

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) : CMB +4 : CMD 16 | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Gaz draws his second and last hammer as he moves in closer. "Watch out, I'm getting pump up now you little spindly thing!"

Silvered light Hammer: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Gaz strikes the imp right in the face! The little bugger screeches in pain but does not go down.

The (cornered) red imp seems to be concentrating on something in a very cautious way, as its wounds start to heal. It is successfully able to turn itself invisible! Kern and Gaz can hear it flapping away, but to where they cannot tell.

concentration check DC19: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26

The blue imp realizes that it is obviously impervious to damage. It attempts to move into Constantine's space, provoking. In fact, it is correct about its imperviousness, as Constantine misses it once again. It then tries to string Constantine, and does so, successfully. Constantine feels a sharp prick in his neck, and his limbs start to go numb.

Sting vs AC20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 sting!: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Constantine Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Effects of Save:

DEX damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Praesid and Constantine are up!
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes
Vault Storage rd3:


  • Kern
  • Gaz
  • Devils?
  • Praesid
  • Constantine [-2DEX, Poisoned]

Conditions:
Constantine: 9/25 [-2DEX]
Gaz: 21/21
Kern: 22/23 [-1 DEX]
Praesid: 16/24

Enemies (or Allies?)
Red: -5
Blue:

101 to 150 of 202 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's #55: The Infernal Vault All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.