Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Silbeg's #55: The Infernal Vault (3-4)

Game Master Silbeg


1 to 50 of 156 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 7th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 3–4, and 6–7).

A decade ago, the Decklands family, a house of Chelish nobles, were exiled from Absalom for treason. Their fate made for an interesting story and when a Pathfinder agent in Cheliax studying the family's long history and exile from the City at the Center of the World ends up murdered, the Society sends you to the recently discovered Deckland Vaults in Absalom to see what connection their old home might have to your murdered colleague.

Written by Thurston Hillman

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 6/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

A wizard in red robes spends his time in the great library, studying in the arcane section on all manner of subjects.

This muscular wizard stands out among his peers... his hand flexing stiffly from time to time... the tattoos on his face giving away his specialty in transmutation.

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

An unkept and balding man struggles through the errant chairs littering the great library's floor. After accidentally knocking yet another piece of furniture to the floor with the protruding tip of the great sword slung onto his back, the man forfeits any further progress. He drops the sole tome he carries, entitled Divine Savagery, The Intricacies of Orcish Spiritual Rites. Vol 4: Historical and Comparative Derivations of Bloodletting, Flailing, and Shrieking. Unabridged. onto the nearest table.

With a sigh he wipes his brow exposing the yellow stained armpits on his ragged shirt, before placing the rest of his gear onto the table as well. Finally he sits and opens to the chapter Arguments on Maternal Versus Environmental Impacts Pertaining to Ritualistic Styling.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

With a sudden eruption of multi-colored smoke a tiny gnome appears waving his arms frantically struggling for breath.

*cough* *cough* *cough* BERT! Where are we? And what did that giant badger throw on us?! I swear I thought that app……..”

It seems to set in that the little illusionist and his faithful dodo are no longer where they once were. Cautiously he looks around the room until he sees a fellow pathfinder – at which point he smiles ear to ear and saunters up to him with his tiny hand out reached in greeting.

”Hello there! Forgive my confusion! One moment Bert and I were in the elemental plane of earth, then we were in riddleport playing a fun game of cards with a giant badger.. and well… now here we are! The name is Prizm and my friend here is Bert – I see you fancy transmutation.. fascinating!”

Scarab Sages

Bert N Magical Beast | HP: 13 | AC: 13 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Stealth: +14, Dance: +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Bert narrows his eyes at Gaz and waddles up to him and glares. With the reflexes of a jungle cat - he pecks the human on the foot.

"bert"

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 6/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

Kern looks up at the... sudden appearance. "Kern. Pleasure to meet you Gnome." The human's face stays fairly rigid as he stands up... muscles bulging as his hand reaches out to shake Prizm's.

"The Plane of Earth you say? very fascinating. What were you doing there?" He shuts the book on Cheliax contracts and pulls another from the pile regarding Earth Mephits.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

"Ohhhh calisthenics, getting yelled at, catching a cheater, and sneaking around with my new friend Lucky the Halfling."

Prizm pulls back his squished little hand and manages a weak smile at Kern.

"Bert! Behave now, that is not how we treat our new friends!"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 10/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Clear mellifluous singing rings throughout the library. A silly song about dragons and maidens and the kobolds who rescue them (the lyrics are ambiguous as to who is doing the saving and of whom). With a start the singing stops, replaced by a soliloquy from a famous Taldan comedy; the plot based on mistaken love interests.

"Sorry I am late, but sometimes it just can not be helped. Especially when I must help a beautiful young woman improve her melancholy. Though, to truly improve her general disposition would require more than a simple song and moving speech. My manners. I am Constantine. With whom do I have the pleasure of talking?"

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng’s pinched face is hard to see from behind the stack of books that divide the front of his office from the space behind his desk. A shockingly old man with white hair and slightly milky eyes, he is surprised by the appearance of outsiders in his office, and looks up, half startled and half relieved.

“Thank you for coming on such short notice. I’d been meaning to give this assignment to you at a later date, and with less pressing time constraints, but it seems that time has conspired against us.” Dreng mumbles to himself as he passes out a stack of notes and maps from behind the wall of books. “These notes are from a recent Chronicle—it contains some interesting finds, but one of them is now the utmost priority to the Society.”

Dreng lightly taps a bony finger on a map, on which can be seen a section of Absalom with a small corner townhouse circled in deep red.
“This townhouse is a façade for an underground vault. The vault belonged to an old noble family of Absalom that was expelled a decade ago—the Decklands. The family was forced out when their patriarch—a man known as Orias—was discovered to have written documents detailing the city’s defenses, documents he intended to hand over to hostile forces loyal to Cheliax. The Chronicle indicates that a copy of these documents exist within the vault.

“A Pathfinder looking into the Decklands and their Chronicle references in Cheliax was attacked and killed ten days ago. The thugs made off with a copy of his notes— fortunately, he’d already sent us another. We have reason to believe it was the work of the Decklands’ oldest child, a young woman named Celeena, and she’s the reason this assignment is now urgent. The fact that Celeena and her forces were willing to kill a Path nder for this information shows how desperate they are to retrieve the documents. If she were able to get these documents and return them to Cheliax, it would undermine the defenses of the whole city, as well as cause the Society undue headaches. Find Celeena, find the documents in her vault, and prevent this situation from turning into one big mess for the Society.”

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Earlier
Gaz is broken from his reading and jumps into a wrestling position as Prism breaks into the room. He settles quickly upon seeing it is an old colleague and rights the knocked over chair. "Ha! Good man, Prism! Welcome to wherever this is. And yes, Bert." The rough man then kneels down to the bird and extends a hand. "I've done some meditating since we last had a run through the ol' pumpkin patch. I'm not a vegetarian yet, but I'm starting not to see you as food anymore. Truce?"

As Prism greets Kern, Gaz makes his way over as well. "Greetings, sorry I didn't see ya here or I would have introduced myself earlier. Kind of new to the Society, name's Gaz. Gaz Gortag, Anthropologist." Gaz subconsciously tries to surpass the buff wizards firm grip, a primitive reaction from years with the Orcs.
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

As Constantine approaches Gaz turns his greeting to the Bard in kind. "Gaz Gortag, Anthropologist. It's a pleasure as well."

Dreng's Office
Gaz scratches his head, trying to put things together. "She's been verified within the city? Bloody politics, do we have any intel on the nature of things within this Vault? Has any Agent ever stepped foot within it?"

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

“There’s not much that can be said about the vault. It was reportedly used to store a portion of the family’s wealth and was ingeniously trapped when the Decklands fled Absalom. The family archives, where the documents should be stored, should be right next to the family crypt in the lower levels.” replies Dreng to Gaz.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 10/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Traps? I do hope one of you all are good at finding and disarming such things."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

"Oh hullo Gaz!" beams the gnome as his eyes traverse up the human. "You seem to have grown!" he comments as he reaches up and shakes the pathfinders hand.

Looking over at Mr. Dreng a puzzled look crosses the illusionists face. "Celeena... Vault.. Documents... hmmmm"

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

The little gnome has a flash of inspiration anything Jack? and looks over at Constantine. "Traps? Bert is a avian ninja.. maybe he can help?" he says with a smirk.

Scarab Sages

Bert N Magical Beast | HP: 13 | AC: 13 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Stealth: +14, Dance: +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Bert squints his tiny beady bird eyes at the bard and does a deft roll coming to attention beside his master.

"bert!"

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

The mention of traps brings to mind a bad dream Gas had of falling down an endless field of boulders. He slightly cringes.

"I have a wisened eye but am admittedly more clumsy than not.." he confides to the group.

Moving on to one of his strengths, Gaz attempts to remember something from lore on the Decklands.
Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 6/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

Kern casts heightened awareness before the briefing

Kern's hands scribble his notes as the Captain talks. "We can't be having the defenses compromised... What can we expect to find at the vault? Will we need to break in?"

Kern speculates to himself what he might recall of this particular situation...

KN:(all), take 10, HA: 10 + 8 + 2 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 10/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"My dear... Kern was it? What was that spell you just cast? Being surrounded by such august spellcasters as everyone here, I feel I will learn a great deal. My own magic tends towards the loud and violent variety. I tend to shout at things and what not.

"So, Master Dreng, did this Deckland family have any ties to the Chelish national ideal?"

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 6/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

Kern eyes Constantine curiously. "Heightened Awareness. Solid spell to assist in the pulling from the reaches of your memory. You should spend some time in the library - the ability to recognize spells as they are cast will save your life one day."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

Never hearing of the spell, Prizm thinks a bit on what it does.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

"Kern, would you be interested in perhaps trading that spell for one of mine? It would be useful for any arcane pathfinder I imagine."

The little gnome smiles widely at the stern wizard.

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 6/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

"Certainly Prizm - I am always interested in collecting new magic..."

Kern looks back to the Venture Captain, waiting for his answers.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 10/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"My magic is more of an innate thing. I find studying books is not all that beneficial, but sometimes I just know things. Eh. With so many studious users of magic, one of you should be able to use this lovely wand which contains the most advantageous of spells: mage armor! I do believe Master Dreng has shuffled off to dreamland."

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Gaz fumbles out of his musings amidst the rambling conversation on magic. "Innate you say, that's pretty remarkable. I've only met a few who were born with the gift. Although I'm often found researching and penning letters, my magical touch emanates from a blessing by Gorum to tell you the truth. I believe he's quite pleased with my dedication to researching and chronicling his children, though his presence often ignites my already short temper.." So many things beyond mortal comprehension. It would seem we're just pawns for their pleasure. "Reminds me of the Mal'uk Chug tribe of the western Hold. They'd often bet on rabbit races, running em through a gauntlet of 10 warrior's maces..." (Ahem) he clears his through, "Right, I digress. Kern, Prizm, I as well have an arcane scroll that one of you would be welcomed to use on me or another if it seems fit in these trials ahead. Bull's Strength. If either of you would be interested, be my guest."

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

"Kern, is it? I just told Gaz here that there’s not much that can be said about the vault. It was reportedly used to store a portion of the family’s wealth and was ingeniously trapped when the Decklands ed Absalom. The family archives, where the documents should be stored, should be right next to the family crypt in the lower levels.” the Venture-Captain says, looking ever-more confused.

To Constantine, "“Orias was a beloved Absalom nobleman until 10 years ago, when he was forced out of the city. Rumors have it that Cheliax agents threatened young Celeena’s life and Orias felt he had no recourse but to betray the city’s defenses. I can only imagine the hardship the man had to endure for the safety of his family.”

Season 1... no knowledge checks!

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Armored Battlemage 3 | HP: 16/24 | AC: 21 (14 tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5 CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Speed 30 | Shirt Reroll: 1/1 | Spells: Chill Touch x2, Enlarge Person, Shield| Arcane Pool 4/4| Active conditions: Bull's Strength

Praesid, a Nexian man in a breastplate, wearing a large sword across his back, and potions and wands across his person; sits quietly through the briefing, taking notes, and smiling to himself at the other spellcaster that fancies himself "muscular."

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Seeing the Nexian man for the first time sitting discretely off to the side in the briefing, Gaz introduces himself. "Oh, excuse me, I didn't see you initially. Gaz, Gaz Gortag. Anthropologist." He then continues to scan over the notes that Dreng passed out.

Anything I can gather from reading through them or more of the same?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

Jack do we know where the family archives are?

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Dreng asks, "So, any more questions, Pathfinders? I am an old man, and it is 4AM. I'd like to see you all get on your way, and then I can put my weary bones into a soft bed, if you are ready to head out."

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 6/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

"I suppose there is nothing else you might want to offer as advice?"

Kern collects his things and prepares to depart.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

"Well, I am just an old man, but when I was an active Pathfinder," he replies, "I'd ask about things of my Venture-Captains like what forces I might be facing, and why it might matter. Of course, back in my day, our Venture-Captains were a might bit stingy with the details at times." he chuckles.

He ponders a moment. "For example, I might ask why I haven't just told the authorities that an exiled Deckland has returned. To which, my Venture-Captain might reply, 'The time it would take to get the proper attention of the authorities would give Celeena more than enough time to recover the documents. And considering she and her mercenaries killed a Pathfinder in Cheliax, we feel it better to play this one close to the chest.'"

He sits there with a silly grin on his face. "But I am just a feeble old man, so what do I know?"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 10/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Ahem. I did ask if the Decklands were tied to the Chelish ideal. A man of your intelligence and up tick should be able to recognized my question as one of 'Will there be devils in the vault?'. But as you say it is late and you an old man."

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

"That I am, youngling. That I am." he replies.

"The agents in Cheliax report that Celeena hired mercenaries from the Devil’s Claw Company, a mercenary organization of failed Hellknights. Whether there will be devils in the vaults is anyone's guess. But there will be Devil's Claws. Heh heh heh!"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 10/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Mithral cuts man as easily as it cuts devil. Are we ready to depart? Any last purchases my fellow Pathfinders need to acquire?"

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Gaz raises an eyebrow at Constantine as he speaks so frankly to the elderly man. As the brashness goes over smoothly, he nods a little to himself. 'I believe we have a diplomat among us.'

"I'm ready, and will grab a quiver of javelins on our way out."

5 cold iron for 10gp if such are available.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

"Hmmm failed hell knights.. I wonder if they wear those special kid helmets!"

Prizm smiles at his poor joke and nods at Gaz and the others. "I think I am ready! Let's go team!"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 10/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Constantine winks at Gaz

"I am sure one of my more learned scholars can elaborate, but cold iron will not work very well against Hell's better denizens. But if you are looking to have them around, why not."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 10/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Prizm, maybe the ride the short wagon to school?"

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

Gaz lets out a laugh and shakes a finger between Prizm and Constantine amicably, "Good men! You're probably right, I never do well with planar things. Maybe I should spend less time perfecting my Orcish mating call! HA! It's silver that I'd want, correct? Very well, to the short wagon riders of Cheliax!"

Thanks! 1 silvered javelin (91gp) and 3 CI (6gp) for 97gp total.

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard [ShapeChange] 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 15 (11 Tch) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 (+1 will vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1, Diplo: -1 | Speed 30ft | Spells: In Profile | Dailies: 6/7 BattleShaping | Active Conditions: none

"Yes silver throwing light hammers. Silver javelins are inefficient due to the lack of sharpness."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 10/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Unlike Gaz's wit, no? That is always sharp."

Constantine grins and winks at Gaz again.

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

"Heh, well you know what they say.." because I bloody well don't... Gaz chuckles in agreement not fully knowing what is going on. 'Hammer's sharper than javelins? What is he talking about? What kind of hammers have I been using?'

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

"Wagon? Fey don't use wagons... I don't get it"

The little gnome frowns.

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

The townhouse is located in the Eastgate district on Absalom’s quiet east side. You make it there without incident. (go ahead and make purchases, until we have an encounter)

Sitting on the corner of a quiet street, the red brick Deckland townhouse melds in with the middle class buildings in this portion of Absalom. A small, flickering candle can be seen through a barred window on the building’s west side and a single door can be seen on the building’s south face.

Please add your skills, and token, to slide #2. I will be using these to cut and paste rolls. Make sure your skills are correct, as well as your Perception and Initiative. Thank you.

The Exchange

Male Human Titan Mauler Barbarian/1 Cleric of Gorum/1 | HP 21/21 | Speed 30ft | AC 16 (17) : T 12 (13) : FF 14 (15) (enemies large or larger) | F +6 : R +2 : W +4 | P +7 : I +4 : K(n) +5 : K(h) +5 : P(a) +6 : SM +7 : Sur +7 | CE 1/1 : FS 5/5 : StI 5/5 : Rages 7/9 | Spells: 2/2+1 | Active conditions: None

At the Quartermaster
Gaz finds they don't even have silvered javelins. He prods the silvered light hammer with a stubby finger as the Quartermaster drones on about the soft metal not keeping a good edge. 'Why can't everything just be hacked at? Problems would be so much simpler.. but nooo scales and resistances... I just need a better sword don't I?
The Quartermaster has stopped talking and stares at Gaz annoyed. "Well, you've sold me on it! I'll take two and a few of the cold iron throwing sticks for good measure."
The man rolls his eyes but complies.

Outside the Townhouse.
"Don't operatives use candles in windows as signals? I think our fair lady is home and might be expecting some company other than ourselves. Who wants to knock? Perhaps she's feeling melancholy Constantine."
Gaz jumps to conclusions and then ends it with a chuckle.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (“Taldan”) Bard (Sound Striker) 2 / Monk (Unchained Scaled Fist) 1 | HP: 12/25 | AC: [20] 16 (16 Tch, [18] 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance (+1, 10/10 rounds), Harmonic Spell, Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Why, sure! Right after one of you fine fellows activates my wand of mage armor? Use it yourself if you like."

Constantine snaps out a wand and offers it to Kern, Prizm, and Praesid.

sound off if you want a charge

Assuming one of the wizards uses the wand, Constantine will put it away and approach the house. He will try to stealth errata over to the window and peek inside.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

Prizm takes the wand and taps Constantine. "I can hold this and use it on whoever you like.."

The little gnome then looks at Bert and nods.

"Bert will scout out the building"

Scarab Sages

Bert N Magical Beast | HP: 13 | AC: 13 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Stealth: +14, Dance: +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Bert nods at Prizm and squints his little eyes before rolling into the shadows and making for the door.

Hearing his master utters some words behind him open close

The ninja dodo continues his path with cover night.

DoDo stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Map is up on slide #3

Constantine:

The barred window opens into a small room that serves as both a kitchen and a living room. You can hear two men arguing about something inside, probably a card game, but you cannot see them.

Spoiler:

C Stealth!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Constantine perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

When Prizm opens the door, you all hear a distinct tinkling of a bell, followed by, "Hey! There is someone out there!"

No one has seen anyone

initiative:

Bert init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6 5
Constantine init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 4
Gaz init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 3
Kern init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 6
Praesid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 7
Prizm init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 1
Devil's Claw Mercs: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 2

Prizm is up!
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge:

Townhouse rd1:


  • => Prizm
  • Mercs
  • Gaz
  • Constantine
  • Bert
  • Kern
  • Prasid

Conditions:
Bert: 13/13
Constantine: 25/25
Gaz: 21/21
Kern: 23/23
Praesid: 24/24
Prizm: 27/27

Enemies (or Allies?)
?

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Init reroll:

Praesid init reroll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

After this, I am going say that it should be "the first init roll that is 10 or less" instead of the lowest... because once we know the lowest, the results are known.

Updated initiative order based on Praesid being rerolled, but doesn't change who is currently up (which is Prizm).

Scarab Sages

Male CG Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 27| AC: 13 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs Illusions, +1 vs Evocation) | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 8/8 | Spells: 1st 6/6 |, 2nd 4/4 Active conditions: None. Wand of Magic Missiles: 37/50 Shirt Reroll 1/1

Prizm snaps his fingers and disappears, then moves up to get a look.

Vanish

Dark Archive

Solstice Scar (3-4 - CORE) | Infernal Vault | Aid Token

Constantine can see a pair of armed people moving around the corner to the hallway. "A bird?" the woman says, "How did a bird open the door? Well, I guess we're eating chicken tonight!"

She swings her longsword at the startled dodo! Bert takes a grievous wound from the bad Chelish woman, but does not go down.

MW Longsword, PA vs AC17: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 1 = 19 Slashing: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

The Chelish man moves behind her, sword at the ready.

Gaz, Praised, and Constantine are up!
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge:

Townhouse rd1:


  • x Prizm [VANISH!]
  • x Mercs
  • => Gaz
  • => Praesid
  • => Constantine
  • Bert
  • Kern

Conditions:
Bert: 4/13
Constantine: 25/25
Gaz: 21/21
Kern: 23/23
Praesid: 24/24
Prizm: 27/27 [INVIS]

Enemies (or Allies?)
Woman:
Man:

Sense Motive, DC20:

1) They do not see Prizm.
2) The man is readied to attack

1 to 50 of 156 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's #55: The Infernal Vault All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.