Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM ShadowLord's SFS #01-01: The Commencement

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

All Starfinders complete their training by conferring with Guidance—a network of uploaded personalities embodying paragons from the Starfinder Society's history. Before receiving the blessing of Guidance, the PCs must meet with and assist critical missions on behalf of key leaders of the Society's leading factions. With the events of the Scoured Stars Incident still fresh in everyone's memory, there's plenty that needs doing to set the Society back on track.

Map & Handouts


51 to 100 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 0/9 RP 2/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac sees Jena draw and fire, readying his own weapon as he calls out, "I'm sure there's a peaceful way out of this if you ignore my friend here. She's a bit jumpy!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Readied attack:

Shoot Red if they attack.
Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Harrac starts to talk to the gangers and they lower their weapons to hear what it is he has to say. One of them even nods their heads in agreement to finding a peaceful resolution. That is, until Jean's blast flies a foot past him. Cursing they raise their weapons and and prepare to fire as Bewm scoots south for a better angle.

Harrac - using skills like Diplomacy in initiative count as standard actions, so you can't use it and then ready the attack both.

R1: Baddies, Taser Face, Jena, Harrac, Bewm, Kai, Inari

GM: Show

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 0/6, HP: 9/10, RP:2/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

Kai drew his pistol, but stood there looking a bit undecided. He pointed it in the general direction of the bad guys, but didn't fire. Instead, he called out "Hey lady! Hurry and run this way. We won't let those muggers hurt you!"

Readied action, bad guys shoot or try to grab Ceren:

Kai brought his pistol up and pulled the trigger, spraying shots int he general direction of the nearest bad guy while shouting, "Suppressing Fire!!!"

pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Technomancer 1| HP:4/9 Stam:5/5 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:13/14 | F:0 R:2: W:2| Init:+2 | Perc:+0 | Spd:30

Seeing Jena go trigger happy, Taserface casts grease on the floor the thugs are standing on and goes prone

coat a 10-foot square or one object with
slippery grease, causing creatures in the area to fall
prone or drop the object (Reflex DC 14 partial)

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Lashunta Envoy 1 | SP:0/6 HP:3/10 RP:5/5 | EAC:12 KAC:13 | F:-1 R:3 W:2 | Init: 1 | Perc: 4 | Speed: 30

I guess its a little late for talking... Inari whispers into the minds of her allies.
Inari perks up and points to the [yellow] thug.
"You sir. Yes yes, it is I Inari. I am sure you have heard of me. You are different than the others. Much more handsome. Come now. Leave this other riff raff to the streets and lets you and I go get a drink and see where the night takes us"
bluff: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 10 + (4) = 33
Clever Feint:
CLEVER FEINT (EX)As a standard action attempt a Bluff check with the same DC as a check to feint against that enemy. If you fail, it is flat footed against your attacks until the end of your next turn. If you succeed, it is flat footed against attacks from all allies until the end of next turn. You can’t use clever feint against a creature that lacks an Intelligence score.

Feint DC The DC of this check is equal to either 10 + your opponent’s total Sense Motive skill bonus, or 15 + 1-1/2 × the opponent’s CR, whichever is greater.

Flat-footed You take a –2 penalty to AC, and you cannot take reactions or make attacks of opportunity.


Jane hunkers down and crouches on the bridge, pulling her hands over her head as if that would offer some form of protection. She doesn't scream, but she does shake and tremble in fear.

Taser Face's grease appears underneath two of the gangers and quickly makes the area an unpleasant place to stand. The northern most ganger (red) leaps from safety just before the grease sets in. The other one isn't as lucky and his feet flip out from underneath him and send him sprawling to the grease covered bridge. As he rolls around in the grease the last ganger nods to Inari. "Yeah, I mean, this gig isn't much to me. Let's go, babe."

It takes a few seconds to realize that Inari simply was trying to get the better of him and he growls frustrated and embarrassed, but the damage has been done. He advances on the old cowering lady with his pistol extended. Rather than turn the pistol to her however, he stands in front of the lady and fires at you. The other ganger quickly joins him in location and actions.

Kai's shot goes off and strikes one of the gangers in the chest, staggering him back a step. In anger he decides to return the favor.

Targetting Kai and Harrac, the three gangers let their pulsecasters blast the the Vesk and the outlaw hacker. Each of the two get struck with a single blast from the pistols, Harrach taking 1d4 ⇒ 2 and Kai taking 1d4 ⇒ 3 E nonlethal.

R2: Baddies, Taser Face, Jena, Harrac, Bewm, Kai, Inari

Ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Jena takes aim at the thug (yellow). "Oh no you shall not hurt Jane! as she pulls the trigger.

To Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Mechanic |9/9hp|1/7SP|RP4| EAC/KAC:14/15|F:3 R:5: W:0|Init:+7|Perc:+7

Bewm takes a moment to have his exocortex lock on to the red ganger, then fires at him with his trusty hunting rifle.

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage if hit:: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Jena's blast strikes the same ganger that Kai blasted. Her blast is so powerful that it sends the ganger backwards with enough momentum to break the post on the bridge. Windmilling his arms he splashes down into the river below and is quickly carried away by the current.

Bewm's rifle BOOMs loudly as the shell embeds itself into the forward ganger on the bridge.

R2: Baddies, Taser Face, Jena, Harrac, Bewm, Kai, Inari

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 0/9 RP 2/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac moves up while the floating black mote above his shoulder races down his arm. He raises his fist and the light begins to disappear into his black Oakeshott. Unfortunately, he's distracted by the other ganger taking a swim and slams his solar blade into the wooden railing.

Solar Weapon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Lashunta Envoy 1 | SP:0/6 HP:3/10 RP:5/5 | EAC:12 KAC:13 | F:-1 R:3 W:2 | Init: 1 | Perc: 4 | Speed: 30

turning her attention to [red], she does not even have to speak. A whisper echos in the ears of the [red] bad guy as he hears "They have betrayed you, and left you alone. all alone."

Clever Feint
bluff: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + (5) = 19

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 0/6, HP: 9/10, RP:2/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

Kai's system hiccuped for a moment as the pulsecast hit, then he was moving. He dodged to the side to steady his aim, then fired another round at the thug near Ceren. The pistol barked as it fired, and Kai was pretty sure he hit the target.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d6 ⇒ 4

R2 status:

sp: 7/10
hp:6/6
rp: 4/4

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Technomancer 1| HP:4/9 Stam:5/5 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:13/14 | F:0 R:2: W:2| Init:+2 | Perc:+0 | Spd:30

"PEW PEW!" at the only man standing (red)

atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 3


The group's earlier start of misfires is forgotten as suddenly all of their training kicks in and their shots fall on their enemies. Kai, Taser Face and both land shots on the ganger near Ceren. Having just been wounded by Bewm, the last two blows prove to be all that was needed to send him collapsing to the ground. With her intended target now dying on the ground, Inari uses her feint on the greased prone ganger instead.

The thug stands up and begins to back away as he fires his pistol towards your group. Whent he round strikes the bridge 30' from anyone, it's evident his intentions are more on escaping than actually trying to hurt anyone at this point.

R3: Bad guy, Taser Face, Jena, Harrac, Bewm, Kai, Inari

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 0/6, HP: 9/10, RP:2/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

"Can't let him get away!". Kai ran forward and shot at the fleeing man. It want in his nature, but with that idiot Jena calling out Ceren's new name, and the man knowing his target was still alive, no data slicing in the world would convince him or his superiors of her death.

As he moved, his foot caught on the ground and stumbled, his shot going wild.

pistol, kac: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d6 ⇒ 4

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Jena stands up, takes aim and fires! "Halt!" she says.

To Hit, KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Lashunta Envoy 1 | SP:0/6 HP:3/10 RP:5/5 | EAC:12 KAC:13 | F:-1 R:3 W:2 | Init: 1 | Perc: 4 | Speed: 30

How is the bad guy standing from the grease, firing, and fleeing the grease all in one round? Doesn't he also need to make an acro to avoid falling again?
FYI - mob is feinted till the end of my turn, so after my attacks I guess the feint wears off.

Inari seeing the fleeing man tries to help the best she can. She rushes up closer and takes a blast from her pistol.
atk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Laser Pistol, Azimuth (+1 1d4 F) Crit (Burn 1d4)
she lets out a bit of a sigh, knowing this is not her forte.
"Quick, he is getting away! We must not allow this"

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Technomancer 1| HP:4/9 Stam:5/5 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:13/14 | F:0 R:2: W:2| Init:+2 | Perc:+0 | Spd:30

Seeing his companions chase the man, he also follows suit, still screaming "PEW PEW!"

atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
dmg type F: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Because the GM was trying to make and epic getaway sequence and you're letting rules get in the way! Ignore the shot, he missed terribly anyway. There is no check needed to stand up or exit grease, just move through it or be in it when it's cast.

Both Taser Face and Jena land shots as the man tries to escape.

R3: Bad guy, Taser Face, Jena, Harrac, Bewm, Kai, Inari

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 0/9 RP 2/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

I believe Grease affects any movement, even leaving the square per DM Blake. Otherwise, it's useless.

Harrac tears off after the man, determined to run him down.

Forgot to declare earlier but Graviton Attunement Mode 2

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Mechanic |9/9hp|1/7SP|RP4| EAC/KAC:14/15|F:3 R:5: W:0|Init:+7|Perc:+7

Bewm takes aim takes aim at the last ganger and fires.

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
dmg if hit: 1d8 ⇒ 3


"S~$#! exclaims the ganger as Harrac overruns him. He drops his pistol and pulls out his tactical baton. He swings the baton wildly in Harrac's face and shouts, "Back off!" just before he swings it again bruises his right cheek while shouting "Back off, freak!" again. 5 bludgeoning damage.

R4: Bad guy, Taser Face, Jena, Harrac, Bewm, Kai, Inari

GM:

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 4 = 18
1d6 ⇒ 5

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 0/9 RP 2/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac grunts as the baton slams into his cheek. He jabs his solar blade forward towards the man's stomach but his head is still ringing and he succeeds at nothing.

Solar Blade 1: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Solar Blade 2: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 4 = 3
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Kinetic
Graviton Attunement Mode 2

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Jena rushes up past the idol, aims and pulls the trigger.

To Hit, KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Crit Confirm, KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage, Crit: 1d8 ⇒ 4

A splatter of blood erupts from the back of the ganger's head as the bullet strikes home!

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Technomancer 1| HP:4/9 Stam:5/5 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:13/14 | F:0 R:2: W:2| Init:+2 | Perc:+0 | Spd:30

TaserFace moves up and decides to talk to the man using telepathy

"Hi, my name is TASERFACE!" just because..

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 0/6, HP: 9/10, RP:2/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

Kai crouched down beside Ceren and told her "Stay still. We don't want a random shot doing this creep's job for him. I don't know how they found you, but I'd lay station credits to a fist full of vacuum that it was before we laid your backtrail. If we can get rid of him, then we should be fine."

Readying an action to shoot if anyone threatens Ceren.

readied pistol, KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d6 ⇒ 4

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Mechanic |9/9hp|1/7SP|RP4| EAC/KAC:14/15|F:3 R:5: W:0|Init:+7|Perc:+7

Bewm disappointed with his previous shot takes aim again and fires.

ranged, kac:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
dmg if hit:: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Then starts chittering in disgust as his this was worse than his last one.

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Lashunta Envoy 1 | SP:0/6 HP:3/10 RP:5/5 | EAC:12 KAC:13 | F:-1 R:3 W:2 | Init: 1 | Perc: 4 | Speed: 30

Inari disappointed at her pistol, takes aim at this guys mind once more.
"We mean you no harm. We come in peace"
Clever Feint
bluff: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 10 + (4) = 22


Inari's words fall on deaf ears as the ganger's days of consciousness are behind him. Kai and Jena's shots take the man down to the ground where he will lay unmoving.

Free to collect Ceren, eyes turn to the elderly woman. The hacker seems unperturbed by the gangers’ appearance, confident that your work at falsifying her death should throw off future investigations into her whereabouts. She remarks, "Station security. You should probably make yourselves sparse."

You provide Ceren with the information pertaining to her new identity, at which point the wizened hacker departs to find Jubair and go into hiding.

The wizened woman winks as she departs.

Where to now Starfinders? You have options:


  • The Acquisitives to meet with Radaszam “The Dealmaker” in the Nyori Palisades
  • The Exo-Guardians to meet Zigvigix in the Downlow
  • The Wayfinders to meet with Fitch in the Armada

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 0/6, HP: 9/10, RP:2/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

"Okay, then, take care. I'm sure we'll not be seeing each other again. Good luck."

Kai waved the old woman off, then tucked his pistol back away into its holster.

"Well, that was fun. Where to next? The Acquisitives sounds pretty cool. I bet we'll have to do some pretty nifty data slicing for them to gain access to some artifact."

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Jena chambers another round, ejects the magazine and reloads it. "Farewell, may we meet again.... or not." she reinserts the magazine into her rifle. "As long as we stop by the Wayfinders, I am open to going to the Acquisitives." as she attaches the rifle to the magnetic clip on her back.

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 0/9 RP 2/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac slowly releases the power that had built up in his hand. Fortunately, he's able to control it enough so that nobody is drawn toward him. He drops his solar blade and it races up to hover above his shoulder again. "The Acquisitives sounds like a plan. That's who I'm working with these days."

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Lashunta Envoy 1 | SP:0/6 HP:3/10 RP:5/5 | EAC:12 KAC:13 | F:-1 R:3 W:2 | Init: 1 | Perc: 4 | Speed: 30

Inari nods "Sounds like we have a plan. Great work Starfinders! I will add this great deed to my live journal, ahem, but I will keep some of the specifics out " she winks before they depart.

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Mechanic |9/9hp|1/7SP|RP4| EAC/KAC:14/15|F:3 R:5: W:0|Init:+7|Perc:+7

Bewm waves goodbye to the elderly hacker.


Confirmation of success is quickly sent to Historia-7 as the party makes a quick exit from the scene of the action.

The Acquisitives’ leader, Radaszam “The Dealmaker” manages the deployment of the Acquisitives and his personal mercenary outfit, the Obsidian Spiders. He keeps a public-facing office for this purpose in the Nyori Palisades, a luxurious neighborhood located in Absalom Station’s transparent central dome.

The plain white doors of the office slide open to reveal a stark, dimly lit room. The chamber is bleak and expressionless in its emptiness—no vanities line its smooth black walls, and no signs of use mar its smooth black furniture. The only occupants of the suite are a bug-eyed tadpole wriggling in a glowing blue aquarium and a reptilian vesk seated behind an onyx desk. The vesk gestures to a number of chairs in front of him, his features sharply illuminated by the light of his desk’s green holoscreen. "The new graduates, he greets, in a low and pleasant voice. "Good day. I am Radaszam, though since you are here, I should hope you already knew."

“I trust you are aware of our Society’s traditions, so I will cut to the point. I have a minor situation that needs resolution. One of our members, a human named Laboni, had a rather public altercation with a junk scavenger from the Spike. You might be more familiar with the scavenger than I, actually; he is a ysoki who fancifully calls himself Ratrod. I am told he runs a popular racing competition that has, hmm, several hundreds of thousands of viewers on the station’s infosphere. For some reason, Laboni felt the need to tell him that any ‘real’ mechanic could easily beat the garbage that Ratrod and his associates slap together. Now that Ratrod has issued an infosphere-wide demand that she race him and prove it, Laboni doubts she can back that claim up."

"Embarrassing, isn’t it? Not really the sort of troublemaker that suits our Society. Perhaps she would be better suited to the bottom of a trash compactor... Well, we cannot afford to throw her out, not after so many Starfinders were lost in the Scoured Stars. Besides, we can’t let people think we are so weak that we can’t control our own members, or that we cannot stand up to a scrapyard junker. No, I would like you to assist Laboni in winning this race. Show our detractors that even the least of our Society is not someone to be trifled with."

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Tilting her head, Cheat? They want to cheat? This sounds like trouble? "If she is lying, then should she not apologize?" she asks with a straight face.

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 0/6, HP: 9/10, RP:2/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

"Of course not. When you have your bluff called like that, there's only one thing to do...call in friends and go as big as possible. If you can't bluff, you cheat. If you can't cheat, you bribe. If you can't bribe, you run...if you can. Still, sounds like this Laboni idiot needs some wetware hacking to raise her intellect. Maybe we can beat it into her with a wrench."

"Where's she at, now? And how long do we have to prepare? Qwerm's supposed to be a good mechanic, and I've got a pretty hot hand on the stick, if I say so myself. Jena can...well, i don't know what she's good at, other than being awkward and shooting people in the head. She did that just fine earlier."

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 0/9 RP 2/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac is more deferential this time around, "Sir, it's an honor, we will absolutely take care of that for you. Sir." Was that too much? Need to make a good impression here. That was too much. Gorram.

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Mechanic |9/9hp|1/7SP|RP4| EAC/KAC:14/15|F:3 R:5: W:0|Init:+7|Perc:+7

Bewm squeaks with glee! "We get to work on a race car? Alright!"

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Lashunta Envoy 1 | SP:0/6 HP:3/10 RP:5/5 | EAC:12 KAC:13 | F:-1 R:3 W:2 | Init: 1 | Perc: 4 | Speed: 30

"I'm not quite as skilled at those electrons and mechanics and computies and things, but perhaps I can pull some strings somewhere to help get us some of the best of the best that you need. Lets go team!" Inari says gleefully.

Turning to Radaszam "I am sure we have the full support and cooperation of the Acquisitives for any materials we may need right? If not I am sure you can point us in the direction of the best of the best?"
diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

She turns to look at Kai, "Interesting. Thanks." She turns to assist Inari, "We appreciate help." she says simply.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 0/9 RP 2/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac is appalled by Jena. "Sir, I believe she meant to inquire where we might find some other Acquisitiors that may be able to assist us in finding the proper parts to ensure we erase any memory of the shame Laboni has brought.

Diplo Assist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

"What? I asked for help." Jena says simply.


The massive vesk chuckles a bit at Kai's summary, "That seems about right. See it through."

The meeting is interrupted by a knock at the door. A servant enters after being granted permission. He drops off a package, addressed to you

Package:

It's a gift box containing a standard datajack and 200 credits. A simple electronic message from Historia-7 indicates that the datajack is a token of thanks from the Dataphiles. There's also a frostbite-class zero rifle!

Radaszam laughs a bit at Inari's suggestion, "Indeed! That's why I asked for you lot. I expect you not delay much further, time is of the essence you see and I'd be off to Botscrap immediately if I were you. I beleive they are schedule to begin the race in about an hour."

As you depart he adds in a stern voice, "I don't much care what you do, but I remind that you the Starfinders’ reputation is currently precarious, and any disciplinary issues can be settled after saving face. You lot should be more worried about MY good opinion than any glory you might find from a mere racing victory or punishment for any exposed cheating."

With a couple buttons on his wrist he adds, "There, directions sent. You'll find the race in a hollowed-out section of a mountain of spare parts in Botscrap."

[oov]--- [/oov]

When the party arrives at the competitors’ entrance, a small robot informs them of the basic rules of the race: racers and their pit crews are to build and improve their vehicles from the available scrap around the racetrack. Vehicles built at previous junkraces can return. Racers can fire upon other competitors during the race, but firing into the audience is grounds for immediate disqualification; racer weapons must be nonlethal and may affect only opponents’ vehicles.

You are given the pit number for your team and make your way through the packed crowd. Laboni is easy to find in the crowd due to her paisley clothes and bright white lab coat. She is in her late teens. She's also frantically tweaking her machine...

Perception DC10:
... which is a complete and utter pile of junk that stands absolutely no chance at winning.

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

"He's right, this is junk." Jena mutters. "What are you doing Laboni?" she asks the frantic teen.

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 0/6, HP: 9/10, RP:2/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Kai was busy trying to catch the eye of a beautiful Lashunti in the front row wearing a semi-translucent shift whose colors changed on a regular interval. He was trying to discern the pattern, and see if there was a way he would influence it remotely when Jena spoke up. Distractedly he said, "Huh? Is it really that bad?"

He had almost gotten used to the android's lack of mental connection, but this emotional outburst from her with no emotional psychic context threw him off.


She looks down sheepishly, "I'm Laboni. I'm guessing you were sent here to admonish me? Look I'm sorry. I screwed up. I made a boast that got the best of me in the moment, but now we're on the hook. If I back out now, the Starfinders look incompetent (something we can't afford.) If I apologize, we look weak (something else we can't afford.) I'm stuck with one option..." She gets a glint in her eye, "Win."

She looks about the pit. there are numerous other racers, junk everywhere, and people posturing, flirting, and trash-talking everywhere.

"Please, with us cooperating, I'm sure we can report some good news, now go explore our options here."

----
Indeed, she's not wrong, your curious eyes and ears pick up a bunch of opportunities. I'll lay out your options, but not explain the mechanics right away. It looks like you've got time to try a few things, so I'll treat it like initiative, everyone give me your round one actions.

Options:

  • Help improve Laboni's racer.
  • Investigate the competition and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of their crew/racer/piloting
  • Sabotage opponent vehicles.
  • Socialize with the others, seeking an inside angle, messing with their confidence, etc.

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 0/6, HP: 9/10, RP:2/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

"First thing we need to do is get this racer up and running, then scout out the other pilots and see what their weaknesses might be. We might even be able to do a little sabotage, but I'd be leery of getting away with that in front of so large an audience. My strengths are in computers and some engineering, and my friend Qwerm here says he's a good mechanic. I bet we can help get this thing in passable racing shape."

Kai took a step to the side and knocked over a rack of tools and parts.

computers or engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Improve the racer, same bonus for both, so whichever is appropriate.

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Seeing Kai dive into the junk to work on it, Jena loudly proclaims, "This is a great machine, we should envy your prowess. Applause!"

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Note, opponents are at a -2 penalty to sense motive on an android.

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 0/9 RP 2/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac looks skeptically at the racer, "This is a foot race, right? We need to pull that thing by hand so it's a bonus if pieces fall off? He shakes his head, "I'm better with people or data, machines are just tools I acquire as I need, I can't fix them to save my life." He takes in the crowd and the other racers. "Let me see what information I can find from the competition, maybe put them on guard a bit."

Harrac moves through the pit area, complimenting and insulting the teams as seems appropriate. His sharp horns and scaly face can break into a surprisingly welcome smile when required.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Apply where appropriate.
Diplo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

51 to 100 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's SFS #01-01: The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.