Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM ShadowLord's SFS #01-01: The Commencement (Inactive)

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

All Starfinders complete their training by conferring with Guidance—a network of uploaded personalities embodying paragons from the Starfinder Society's history. Before receiving the blessing of Guidance, the PCs must meet with and assist critical missions on behalf of key leaders of the Society's leading factions. With the events of the Scoured Stars Incident still fresh in everyone's memory, there's plenty that needs doing to set the Society back on track.

Map & Handouts


1 to 50 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

After your graduation ceremony, Guidance, the Starfinder Society’s compiled intelligence of Starfinder personalities, summons you to the Lorespire Complex.

As the doors to the Lorespire Complex slide open, a green holographic image of a middle-aged human woman shimmers into view at the center of the room. “Greetings,” it says. “I am Guidance. Please use the cheek swabs in the open receptacle to provide a genetic sample for Starfinder Society identification purposes. If desired, you may place your hand on the glowing panel to receive a subdermal implant further marking you as a member of the Society.”

Please note whether you are accepting the implant or not.

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Jena walks into the room, peers around and takes a position near a wall, leaning nonchalantly against it. This genetic sample could be a problem she mentally notes. Resigned to the attempt, she approaches, grabs a cheek swab and submits her sample. She places her hand on the glowing panel, pretending to wince slightly as the implant is injected. She shakes her hand as if it was numb and proceeds to the back wall again and observes the rest of the party silently. Remember to breathe and blink.

How does a genetic sample work for an android <_<

For everyone else's benefit, she tries to pretend to be human as she does not have any physical signs of being an android until you figure it out or ask.


Anyone can get the implant if they choose to do so! If you're trying to pass off being a human I'd imagine she has a fake laye rof skin or something for it to go under.

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Lashunta Envoy 1 | SP:6/6 HP:3/10 RP:4/5 | EAC:12 KAC:13 | F:-1 R:3 W:2 | Init: 1 | Perc: 4 | Speed: 30

Inari enters the room, pausing at the doorway as if waiting for acknowledgement from everyone else that she is now here. After a brief pause, she curtsey's before announcing her presense.
"Yes fellow starfinders! It is I, the one and only, Inari Watari. You may ask yourself, but why Inari? Why would we want to risk sending such a high profile Lashanta, known by name across all the stars in the galaxies, someone whom has been able to enter only the most private estates of the most prestigious men and women of varying positions of power, into such dangerous missions?" She pauses briefly and lets out a warm and welcoming smile. "Well I'm sure if you use your imagination you have your answer."

After her speech and noticing pretty much no one in the room gives two s+@#s, apart from the holographic woman motioning towards the swabs, she decides to follow the request. Collecting a swab she turns it in, then places her hand on the panel to receive her implant.

"This is so exciting! I hope I can use my... talents... to help us along the way. What amazing people we will get to meet, and what wondrous places we will visit."

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

"Just don't get us killed and don't get in the line of fire and we'll do just fine.. my name is Jena.... Richards." Jena nods.

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 4/6, HP: 9/10, RP:1/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

The thin Lashunta with the datapad moved forward to grab his cheek swab. He looked at his datapad and sighed before using the swab and dropping it in the receptacle provided. Then he looked around at the others. He offered a thin smile and thought

<I am Kai Mixti>.

The voice sounded in your heads, even as you realized that the man wasn't actually talking. Then, he blushed and said alound, "Ahem...I am Kai Mixti, and I will stay out of your line of fire as long as you aren't shooting hardware. That's my line of work."

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Technomancer 1| HP:4/9 Stam:5/5 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:13/14 | F:0 R:2: W:2| Init:+2 | Perc:+0 | Spd:30

TaserFace moves towards and provides the sample and places his hand on the panel

"I AM TASERFACE, NICE TO MEET YOU"

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

"Greetings Kai, Taserface..." That is an odd name. she greets them from the wall. "I am Jena Richards."

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Mechanic |9/9hp|7/7SP|RP3| EAC/KAC:14/15|F:3 R:5: W:0|Init:+7|Perc:+7

Bewm walks up to the receptacle and swabs down one of his massive interior checks and deposits the swab. "What does this thing do exactly?"

Bewm takes out his took kit and starts to take the panel apart.


When the ysoki places his hand near the panel an injection tube shoots out and inserts the subdermal implant into his hand. Guidance offers, "Please set your tools down and step away from the panel. Please move along."

Is Kai accepting the implant?

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 4/6, HP: 9/10, RP:1/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

"What exactly does this implant do? I'm not letting you implant tech in me unless I'm sure it is either benign, or I can control it."


Guidance responds to Kai in a comforting tone. "Starfinder Kai Mixti this implant rests underneath the skin of the palm of one hands, or at the end of a tentacle or similar appendage in species that lack hands. The augmentation can be activated or deactivated mentally as a swift action. Activating the implant causes a rendition of the Starfinder Society’s symbol to glow underneath the skin. This augmentation acts as a mark, letting others know you are a member of the Starfinder Society. In addition, it can also provide illumination when you are without any It also increases the light level within 5 feet by one step while active. Would you like to continue with the implant?"

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 4/6, HP: 9/10, RP:1/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

"I suppose." Kai put his hand where indicated.


"Very good." echoes in the chamber as the injection pops the implant into your hand.

Guidance offers, "Thank you for your patience Starfinders. You are a group of six and we are awaiting the last individual. Please be patient while I attempt to locate that individual."

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Jena silently watches the dialogue between Guidance and Kai. Interesting. She doesn't seem to pay much attention to Bewm other than greeting him like the others. "Greetings Bewm, I am Jena Richards."

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 7/9 RP 1/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac steps into the room just in time to hear about the implant. He dutifully walks over and swabs his check before staring at the injector for a moment. That might come in handy, but I bet they'll always know where we are. He nods to Guidance, "hard pass on the implant."

He turns to the others, taking them in, "I am Harrac."

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

"I am Jena Richards. Pleased to meet you...."


I have everyone but Harrac taking the implant. Moving on!

Guidance chimes "Very well."

Those who received the implant can see a soft outline of the Starfinder Society's symbol flickers brightly as you look at your palm.

Society Subdermal Graft:

MODEL Single
LEVEL 1
PRICE 150

This implant rests underneath the skin of the palm of one hand, or at the end of a tentacle or similar appendage in species that lack hands. The augmentation can be activated or deactivated mentally as a swift action. Activating the implant causes a rendition of the Starfinder Society’s symbol to glow underneath the skin. This augmentation acts as a mark, letting others know you are a member of the Starfinder Society. It also increases the light level within 5 feet by one step while active.

The implant is retained beyond the end of the scenario.

Pleased with your DNA donation, Guidance continues. "It is our pleasure to officially welcome you into the Starfinder Society. Today is the commencement of your new role as a Starfinder field agent. It is our tradition, at the end of the graduation ceremony, for new graduates to present themselves to the heads of our most prominent factions and complete a task at those leaders’ behest. This allows the leaders of these groups to become familiar with all new Starfinder agents, and it provides a constant supply of agents for handling situations in our holdings on Absalom Station. While these tasks were formerly symbolic, the heavy loss of Starfinder agents in the Scoured Stars necessitates that these missions become something more. Please treat any tasks given with the gravity you would grant any other Starfinder assignment."

The green panel where most of you had placed your hand now flashes white with text on it, a proper computer screen. The details of each faction are listed on slide 2 of the map which is here.

"Please review the screen and seek out each faction leader. Once you complete a task, a signal will be sent to Guidance indicating your success. Thank you, and welcome!"

You can roll a Culture check to see what more you know about Absalom Station:

Culture DC 5+:

Absalom Station is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent on lost Golarion, can be found on the station.

Culture DC 10+:

People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one's association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.

Culture DC 15+:
A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core—a mystical device that allows for quick travel through the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the policing Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship.

You now can purchase additional items and slot your boons. Please take note here of any actions.

Where to Starfinders?:

The Acquisitives to meet with Radaszam “The Dealmaker” in the Nyori Palisades
TheDataphiles to meet with Historia-7 in the Lorespire Complex (your current location)
The Exo-Guardians to meet Zigvigix in the Downlow
The Wayfinders to meet with Fitch in the Armada

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 4/6, HP: 9/10, RP:1/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"Look, we're already in the Lorespire Complex, and I wanted to meet with the Dataphile representative there, anyways? Why don't we go there first, and then branch out from there? I mean, it seems logical to me, right?"

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

"I have no objections. We will need to meet my representative at the Armada, Fitch." Jena asserts.


Since you're already there, you opt to stay within the complex. The Lorespire Complex, home and heart of the Starfinder Society, is a striking campus dedicated to knowledge. Communal labs and historical departments study the Archives’ massive collection of artifacts and texts, gathered by generations of agents from across the galaxy. A quick search of the directory indicates Historia-7 frequents the Archives’ Cortex, a computerized matrix containing digital records of the Starfinder Society’s most prominent discoveries.

The android reclines on a raised chair and is plugged into the local infosphere when the doors open. The neural cables detach themselves from her neck as she swivels in her seat to address the new arrivals. “Greetings, Starfinders,” she says calmly. “I am Historia-7. If you are seeking a mission from me, please be aware that my request requires both discretion and speed. Do not accept it if you feel incapable of working within these parameters."

“I discovered someone recently hacked into Bluerise Tower’s computer systems and stole a large amount of sensitive data from the resident corporations. I wish to be privy to this information. I managed to trace the hacker’s location through many proxies and erased the trail so that station and corporate security should be delayed in their pursuit. This deception will not fool them for long, so you must move quickly to retrieve the data before they can recover it. I will leave you to decide what to do with the hacker afterward, but should it be feasible, I believe that person would be an asset to the Society.”

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 4/6, HP: 9/10, RP:1/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

When the android mentioned hacking into the Bluerise Tower's security systems, Kai got really interested. He had been approached for a similar job not too long ago, a job that he had had to refuse because the timeframe conflicted with another bit of work he had.

"Hello, Historia-7, I am Kai, and this mission sounds like it is right up my walkway. I guess I'll need to check with these others, but I see no reason that I...we can't fulfill this request."

Assuming the others are agreeable:

"What information can you give us regarding the current status of the target?"

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

"Greetings, I am Jena Tw.... Richards. Your parameters are acceptable. We will attempt to retrieve the hacker as well." Jena replies, almost mechanically you notice. "I don't see a problem with it, does anyone else?" she continues more naturally.

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Technomancer 1| HP:4/9 Stam:5/5 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:13/14 | F:0 R:2: W:2| Init:+2 | Perc:+0 | Spd:30

"I AM TASERFACE"

Nodding in agreement with the others

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

"You seem to be a person of few words Mr. Taserface." Jena nods to Taser Face.

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 7/9 RP 1/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac watches the others interact with Historia-7,"that should not be an issue. What is the hacker's name? I can begin working right away."


Turning to Kai she reponds "Bluerise Tower, a private office structure maintained by multiple corporations and legally protected to the point that even the station’s Stewards have difficulty entering. Why these corporations need such absolute sovereignty over their own affairs is a question of great interest to many people, including me."

The android explains "I believe the companies know more than they let on, and that the Society needs to stay informed in its vulnerable state." Historia-7 gives you the address to a flat in Drifter’s End, a district in the station’s Ring known for providing cheap housing to vagabonds of all sorts.

With a frown Historia-7 turns to address the vesk. "Starfinder Harrac. Perhaps you missed the important detail that I only know the location and not the person? The reason you are being dispatched is to resolve this very problem."

- - -

With the location you group sets off for Drifter's End. The coordinates that Historia-7 gives you point to an apartment that resembles a cement cube, with several tomato plants in plastic barrels sitting on an otherwise barren porch. Easily seen inside the door are boxes of nutrient broth, gardening tools, and various cultural knickknacks clutter the floor of the flat, leaving barely any room for visitors to sit down. The plants are being hand-pollinated by a young man.

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Jena stares at nothing in particular, finding it fascinating that the plants are being hand pollinated.

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 7/9 RP 1/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac inclines his head, "that is useful information, which is why I asked.

Did I miss where it said there was no known name?

He looks intently at the man tending to the tomatoes, glad such trivial concerns no longer bother him.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Acquisitives Champion Boon

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Mechanic |9/9hp|7/7SP|RP3| EAC/KAC:14/15|F:3 R:5: W:0|Init:+7|Perc:+7

"Hackers, eh? My kind of people."

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Mechanic |9/9hp|7/7SP|RP3| EAC/KAC:14/15|F:3 R:5: W:0|Init:+7|Perc:+7

Bewm peers around with interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Lashunta Envoy 1 | SP:6/6 HP:3/10 RP:4/5 | EAC:12 KAC:13 | F:-1 R:3 W:2 | Init: 1 | Perc: 4 | Speed: 30

Inari sees all the new starfighter recruits mindlessly investigating the surrounding area, while completely ignoring the man tending to the flowers.
She walks with the grace of only those of the highest profile, as she approaches the man.
"Aha! What talented skill you have sir. In a world such as today you find people who can do amazing feats with a computer, or control device of some sort. It seems as though the great skills of horticulture are but lessons learned in history books. Yet today, out here we come across a man who has shown patience and dedication to his practice. Please sir tell us all about how you came to learn this skill, and what brings you to this place? Oh silly me, my most humblest of apologies. My name is Inari Watari. It is my pleasure to meet you this fine day."

diplo: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Dataphiles Champion Boon please, and Tatoo of the starfinder. Hint - its on her lower back.


The boy looks up and answers Inari. "Umm.... I don't know what you're talking about. Ummm GRANDMA?!"

A wizened old woman in a blue-and white abaya steps out. "Can I help you?"

When the lashunta repeats herself the woman shakes her head, "I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you be ...specific?"

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Jena blinks, trying to get a sense of the response from the woman.

Sense motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

Androids find emotions confusing and keep them bottled up. They take a –2 penalty to Sense Motive checks, but the DCs of Sense Motive checks attempted against them increase by 2.

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 4/6, HP: 9/10, RP:1/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

Looking up from his handheld, Kai spoke up. "I can be specific. Someone from this address hacked into the Bluerise Tower systems, bypassing their state of the art laminate phase array security system to access personal and secure records. That was an amazing bit of tech slice. I mean, I've looked at some of the tower blocks' systems before and they are out there. Data paranoia to the nth level, and of course they are ruthless about pursuing data slicers. Can't let word get out that they are vulnerable, you know, or else the entire hacking community would be out to score on them. And someone would succeed, too. That's why whenever a tower block catches a slicer, they make an example of them. Hate to bring that here, wouldn't you, guy?"

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 7/9 RP 1/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac looks at Kai with a mix of frustration and awe, leaning over to whisper, just throwing it all out there, eh?

He turns to the grandmother, "what he meant to say is that we're here to recruit someone who has displayed an amazing level of talent. Would you be able to point us in the right direction? Is it you?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Perception woman: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


The woman looks worried for a moment as Kai goes into great detail about what has transpired. The old woman's eyes flicker back as you see she has some kind of neural implant. After she examines her neural implants she turns back with a frown. "Please come inside and have tea. I think I might... know something."

"I'm assuming you're after the files I've stolen... Oh dear. I had no idea that I did that. I was indeed a hacker in my earlier years—one of the best of the best in her field. However, old age brought on a degenerative brain disease, which forced me into retirement. Augmentations in my brain halted the damage and keep me functional, but I still have large lapses in memory and am no longer as capable as I once was. I must have slipped into a younger mindset, performed the hack, and forgotten about it."

She looks at her grandson and frowns even deeper. "I am happy to give you the files.... in exchange for your aid. Since I am guilty of stealing from Bluerise Tower, it is only a matter of time before corporate security hunts me down. I have no hope of evading agents in my state..."

The frown turns to a wry grin, "Help me fake my death to get her out of the hot water I'm in and give Jubair Society protection. Do this and we have a deal."

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Solarian 1 | HP 1/13 SP 7/9 RP 1/4 | EAC 12 KAC 14 | F+4 R+0 W+2 | Init +0 | Comp +3 | Diplo +7 | Perception +4

Harrac looks at the others and walks a few paces away, speaking softly in an attempt at some privacy, "I'm not sure we're in a position to fake her death. At least not convincingly enough to keep attention away from the Society. But Hist... we were told that her skills could be utilized. I think we bring both of them back." He looks back at the woman briefly, "if it comes down to it, I can probably carry her so we can move quickly if required."

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 4/6, HP: 9/10, RP:1/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

"Would you be interested in going to the Starfinder Society, there to place your trust in people you don't know for reasons they won't share? I'm not sure I would. Still, if it was a choice between that and death..."

Kai shrugged. "Faking her death shouldn't be that hard. All we need is a body and some clever slicing into station records to swap her identify with the corpse's key markers. I can do the data slicing. Anything else?"

culture, outlaw: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 5 = 27

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

This is the most odd reaction. as Jena raises an eyebrow. "How should we find a body? Morgues probably would not appreciate us removing their clientele."


Playing dead:

  • Use your knowledge of medicine to disguise a body. (A simple bribe of a coroner should score you one.)
  • Use your knowledge of computers to hack into a hospital records to attach Ceren's name to a Jane Doe.
  • Just straight up bribe a mortician to cover your tracks, but remember anyone willing to do that for money would be willing to sell you out if they had no reason to stay quiet.
  • If any of you do this kind of thing professionally the whole thing might be simpler.

New Identity:

  • An alias can be had with a solid bluff, cultural knowledge, or even with a good disguise.
  • She'll need new contacts that last, be diplomatic in how you approach this.
  • She'll need gainful employment.
  • The station government requires ID papers that someone with access to a computer might be able to accomplish

So Starfinders, what's the plan?

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 4/6, HP: 9/10, RP:1/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

"Okay, this should be simple enough. Let's find a morgue and do a little name switching. Should be a simple enough matter to either bribe a mortician or better yet, slice the datafiles. I don't like the thought of bribing someone. They tend to not stay bought. Then, we've got to get..what was your name again? I'm gonna need all your vitals if we're going to make this realistic. Squirt me a copy of your biofile and I'll start prepping it from transfer. Then, we just copy over your bio to a new identity. That should be a simple enough matter. Get me access to certain systems and I'm sure I can slice up a decent enough forgery to pass the most scrutinous inspection."


Once the party agrees to the plan, Ceren gives a final smile. "I'll pack my most treasured possessions, and meet you in say... Jatembe Park. Six hours should be enough I think. I'll see you there!"

With the plan set the party sets out on their task of faking her death and setting up her new identity over the course of the next six hours.
We need a series of correct checks to pass this encounter. Everyone may roll, but failures are going to count against you just like successes will count for you. Narrate what you are going to do an then accompany it with your roll. Once you have decided you're done and happy with your outcome let me know and we'll go to the next step.

---

#1 Alter the corpse - Medicine/Disguise, Hack records - Computers, or profession funerary, medical or security can make a profession check instead.

#2 New alias - Bluff, Culture or disguise

#3 New allies / contact - Diplomacy or Profession [any]
to pull strings to get equipment

#4 New ID Papers - Computers

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Technomancer 1| HP:4/9 Stam:5/5 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:13/14 | F:0 R:2: W:2| Init:+2 | Perc:+0 | Spd:30

Taserface pulls out a laptop and attempts to hack into the hospitals medical records.

computer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Unable to do so, he switches gear and attempts to generate her paperwork instead

computer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

”NEW NAME IS JANE"

Dataphiles

Outlaw Hacker 1 | SP: 4/6, HP: 9/10, RP:1/4 | EAC: 14, KAC: 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +2 | darkvision 60', perc: +4, init +4

"We shouldn't do it from here, given that if anyone is looking for Ceren this is the first place they will come. Come on, I saw some public terminals a corridor back."

As Kai got his rig patched in to StationNet, he went through his standard slicing sanitation. Firewalls in place, and with a custom script running, he should now appear as another Station functionary remotely logging into their access terminal.

"Oops, there's a flag in place at the Jerren Plaza morgue." Kai glared at Taser Face. "We'll have to go to Kepler instead." After a few moments, Kai said "There, I think that's done it. Now for the paperwork. I'll backstop Taser's work on...Jane? Really? Whatever. Jane Delixia is now a low-level functionary with the Redwood Corporation, which has close ties with the Dataphiles faction of the Starfinder Society. I know a guy at Redwood who will swear she's been on payroll for 6 weeks. He owes me one."

computers, medical records hack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
computers, new ID hack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Lashunta Envoy 1 | SP:6/6 HP:3/10 RP:4/5 | EAC:12 KAC:13 | F:-1 R:3 W:2 | Init: 1 | Perc: 4 | Speed: 30

"Redwood huh?" Inari says, finally realizing her chance to help this crew. "I think I might be of assistance in this matter, Ill meet back with you all in about an hour", as Inari takes off.
courtesan, New Allies: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
bluff, new alias: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (1) = 13
disguise, new alias: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
diplo, New Allies: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
...
I messed up the dice roll by putting in a diplo at the end because i forgot i had it. it looks like it shifted all the rolls up and rolled a new dice for the last one. So here are the actual results of what the checks should be:
Courtesan, New Allies: (13+9) 22
Bluff, new alias: (2 + 10 +1) 13
disguise, new alias: (9 + 8) 17
Diplo, New Allies: (8 + 10) 18

Inari returns as scheduled, with a bit of a smile on her face.

"Your contact at redwood has agreed to back your claim. While Jane has been at redwood for 6 weeks, he has known her for years, and personally got her the job! how fantastic? I tried to help get her the alias "Acid Burn" while I was there, though I am not sure how convincing I was with that. "

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Mechanic |9/9hp|7/7SP|RP3| EAC/KAC:14/15|F:3 R:5: W:0|Init:+7|Perc:+7

Bewm looks over Kai's shoulder, or under it rather... "Very nice work, amazing really!"

Looking for a way to be useful he gives up to play a retro game on his data pad.


Taser Face's approach is brute force and while he doesn't succeed at the medical records, he starts on the paperwork process after relocating on the corridor Kai saw earlier. Once in position both he and Kai go to work on the terminals and let their skills go to work. Bewn is momentarily sidetracked when he has to put away datapad when in position to set a record high score in his new game Bigrin's Birthday Bonanza.

While Kai and Taserface are busy on the terminals, Inari pays a visit to some 'colleagues' who help her arrange all of the allies Jane AcidBurn Delixia will need in her new life. Feeling confident in her abilities she returns to meet up with the two hackers who are just finishing their handiwork as well.

Checking the time you notice you need to get going if you are going to make the rendevue on time. The party quickly sets off for the park feeling confident they have secured a new identify for Jane.

Open to all citizens, Jatembe Park occupies a wide portion of the Eye of Absalom Station. Filled with lush trees and open grass fields, the park offers some natural terrain to the otherwise metal-clad station. Your meeting point is one such forested portion of the park, specifically a spot often ignored by citizens due to the winding path required to reach it.

Ceren Jane AcidBurn Delixia already waiting for you with a smile on the bridge. Taking note of your approach she waves eagerly towards you to let you know where she is - and your timing couldn't be more perfect as three thugs seem to be approaching from the other side.

Moving much quicker than you do they begin to close the distance between you and Jane. All three corporate looking gangers flip out their pulescaster pistols and take aim you. One of the lead one speaks over a cracked amplified voice, "This doesn't concern you. Turn around and leave and you will remain unhurt."

Jane of course does NOT stay calm. Eyes wide she staggers back a step as one of the gangers moves a pistol on to her. "Not you I'm afraid. You stay where you are."

Looking back to the group they prepare to fire on you, awaiting your actions.

R1: Baddies, Taser Face, Jena, Harrac, Bewm, Things with less than 3 INT, Dirt, Air, Vacuum, Space, The unknown, inanimate objects, Kai

GM:

Taseface INIT: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Kai INIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Jena INIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Inari INIT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Harrac INIT: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Bewn INIT: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Baddies INIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

ready pew pew: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
ready pew pew: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
ready pew pew: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
2/6

Wayfinders

Female Android Female Android Soldier(Mercenary) 1 | HP:11/11 Stam:9/9 Resolve:4/4 | EAC/KAC:14/15 | CMD:23 | F:4 R:3: W:2| Init:+3 | Perc:+1 | Spd:30

Jena grunts, "Target acquired." as she moves up, drawing her rifle and drops prone.

To Hit, KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

She swears under her breath, "Damn." as the bullet chips off a part of the bridge.

Wayfinders

Male Ysoki Mechanic |9/9hp|7/7SP|RP3| EAC/KAC:14/15|F:3 R:5: W:0|Init:+7|Perc:+7

Awww, what the hell..."

Bewm readies his hunting rifle.

If its clear to shoot at them from the south through the railing he moves south.

1 to 50 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's SFS #01-01: The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.