Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM ShadowLord's Rise of the Runelords Campaign

Game Master GM ShadowLord

Book 3: Part One: In the hook's shadow
Current Map
Map of Magnimar


1 to 50 of 6,624 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

It's the morning of the Autumn Equinox. The day of the Swallowtail Festival has arrived in Sandpoint, and it promises to be an exciting event. There are numerous games of chance and strength and cleverness, all the food and drink vendors will compete for a top prize at lunch (giving away their wares for free in the bargain, lunch only), and of course the Swallowtail Butterflies will be released at noon. To end the ceremony, at dusk Father Zantus will consecrate the rebuilt temple of Desna. This will end the ceremony, although the fun and boisterous laughter will proceed far into the night.

The day starts with the slightest of chills, but as the sun starts its slow climb up the eastern sky, the cold is quickly expelled and it promises to be a warm, beautiful day. Perfect for a day of relaxation and entertainment. The locals have gathered in force to celebrate this festival in particular, as the new Cathedral is finished after a couple of years of hard work and hard spent coin by the town.

As stated, please feel free to RP. I will RP NPC's if you need an RP buddy, but I really want you guys to at least be peripherally aware of one another before things get rolling.


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

Five years, huh? I can't believe they've been gone that long.

Kiley wanders around the Cathedral square Looking at the various wares from the myriad of merchants. She buys a pastry from the Avertins before winding her way down the main street, humming softly to herself.

She passes by one stall, only to have something catch her eye. As she turns to look, she runs smack into someone, causing her to tumble to the ground.

Left it open ended. If you guys want to have Kiley bump into you, literally, just go ahead and pick it up from here. :)


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

An attractive young human woman with amber eyes steps out of the Rusty Dragon and begins to wander the streets, her black hair has a green and red feather woven into it, and she wears a holy symbol of Shelyn about her neck. As she walks she begins to sing a song of praise to the beautiful day that graces this festival. As her lithe form weaves through the crowd and she looks at the sites she runs into a figure and promptly falls to the ground.

Hi Kiley, you make a nice wall!

Sovereign Court

Male Void-Wizard 5 | AC 14(17 mage armor) T 13 FF 11 | HP 32/32 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9 | Perc +7/+12
Skills:
Bluff +11, Diplomacy +14, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dung, planes) +10, Know (history, local, nobility, religion) +9, Linguistics +12, Perception +7, Spellcraft +13/15

A blonde elf stands at one of the stalls looking at the tourists for the festival entering town. Hes dressed in pretty enough clothes and wairs a long leather jacket over it. On his nose rests a pair of sunglasses to protect his eyes from the harsh sun and allow his eyes to wander unseen. Ugh so many foreigners and not a single looker between them Tal thinks as he stands with his back to Ameiko's stand with one of her beers in his hand. Oh well well whats that over there.. He thinks as he spots an attractive young woman with amber eyes. Hmm I need an opening... his thoughts start but stop as he sees Kiley running along in the opposite direction. Too easy. A grin appears on his face as makes a quick calculation and mutters a prestidigistation spell to distract Kileys attention, ensuring her to bump into the lady.

After the bump he tries his best to hide his smile and approaches the two girls to offer his hand to the amber eyed one. "Ah mylady, I just spotted Kiley bumping into you, here let me help you up." He says politely as he helps the girl up and does the same for Kiley.
"Be careful dear, you could have hurt someone bumping into them like that."
He turns to the young woman and introduces himself. "Greetings, my name is Talwin, but you may call me Tal if you like. "


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

Heh, Jess's chin would almost clear Kiley's head. I think wrecking ball might be more apt.

With nothing hurt, but her pride, Kiley looks up to see who she ran into. Seeing that she had knocked them to the ground, she scrambles to her hands and knees, rushing to see if she could help.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention, and-- and-- Are you hurt?"


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

You're right, wrecking ball it is.

Dazed for a moment, Jessica shakes her head and looks at the voice of the person that offered to help her up. Seeing the man, she blushes a moment, and then accepts his assistance gratefully, "Thank you sir, I appreciate it." Looking at both individuals as Tal helps Kiley up, "It's no problem, I wasn't paying much attention either. Are you injured at all miss?" Piecing together that the woman she ran into is named Kiley, "Tal, Kiley, I'm Jessica."


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 1 | AC 18 T 18 FF 15 (TEMP +4) | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +4 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +5

Ah, the sun breaks and brings another day on the journey. I wonder if this 'Swallowtail Festival' will be as impressive as the travelers I met back in Magnamar claimed it would be...

Vivi, as he calls himself these days, continues towards his destination with the breaking of the dawn. Almost at the town, he notices a quaint mirror and a sign. Common being his second language, he still has to soundlessly mouth the words as he reads them.

"'Welcome to Sandpoint! Please stop to see yourself as we see you!'"

Ah, I see what they mean. Well, it is a festival... best straighten up a bit before heading in.

After a minute of fussing over his robes, now gaily colored in what he supposes to be the "local fasions", Vivi proceedes into the town.

Vivi will be wandering around, and will look a tad outlandish... feel free to address him and he will respond back! (But not tonight, ;) )

Sovereign Court

Male Void-Wizard 5 | AC 14(17 mage armor) T 13 FF 11 | HP 32/32 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9 | Perc +7/+12
Skills:
Bluff +11, Diplomacy +14, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dung, planes) +10, Know (history, local, nobility, religion) +9, Linguistics +12, Perception +7, Spellcraft +13/15

Displaying a well trained smile, Tal makes a small bow. "You are quite welcome my dear Jessica, I hope the accident hasn't left any permanent stains on your clothes. Which are quite nice. You have an eye for fashion, from where do you hail?"

A glance over at his shoulder show that Ameiko saw the whole thing. She has a frown on her face looking at Kiley. Oh bloody racoons, she will give me a whallop if I tease Kiley too much again.
Tal turns to Kiley to try and gives her a gentle pat on her shoulder to support her. "Don't worry too much about it Kiley, no harm done. By the way, why were you in such a hurry?"
A second glance shows Ameiko giving an appreciative nod as she goes back to offering the tourists a taste of her glorious food.

hope this npc usage is ok?

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

"Thank you, I always make it a point to try and look nice, though I wouldn't call my clothing fashionable. As for where I am from, I just came in from Magnimar yesterday evening for the festival as a show of support from my cities Shelynites." Looking at Tal and Kiley in turn she asks, "How about you two, where are you from?"

Sovereign Court

Male Void-Wizard 5 | AC 14(17 mage armor) T 13 FF 11 | HP 32/32 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9 | Perc +7/+12
Skills:
Bluff +11, Diplomacy +14, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dung, planes) +10, Know (history, local, nobility, religion) +9, Linguistics +12, Perception +7, Spellcraft +13/15

"Ah we are both from Sandpoint. Though not born and raised myself. I have been here for a couple of years." Tal responds.

"I don't suppose you would like a small tour of the town? I believe followers of Shelyn appreciate the beautiful things in life, no? I can show you the nice vistas and church garden if you like." Tal says as he offers a hand to guide Jessica.

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

"I've always been here." Kiley answers Jessica. She isn't hurt, and she isn't about to answer Talwin's question if he's going to forget asked it so quickly. But something does catch her attention about Jessica. The feathers.

"You're a Shelynite, right? How come you only have red and green feathers instead of all colors like her holy symbol?"

BTW, Kiley is openly wearing a silver necklace with a silver holy symbol of Desna on it.


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 1 | AC 18 T 18 FF 15 (TEMP +4) | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +4 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +5

Vivi explores the stalls and stands of the merchants, passing children and adults alike playing the games.

If this is what life is like in this town, the people must be a happy group indeed. I could see myself staying here a while if that is the case.

Noticing an elf wearing glasses talking to two lovely women, Vivi approaches.

Elvish:
"Please excuse me and my words if they are not correct. I am here for the festival and was told there would be an event of some form at its start. Would you be kind enough to direct me to it?"

Vivi smiles and realizes perhaps a minute later that the two women might not know elvish despite being in the company of one.

"My pardons, I made a presumtion that was possibly incorrect. I was asking directions in elvish thinking you all spoke the language. Common is not my first tongue, and for my years of traveling here I still do not default to it. I merely wish to know where this festival's main starting event is."

Giving a half bow, he smiles to them all.

"Pleased to make your aquaintances. I am called Vivi."


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Blushing at Tal's offer, "I-I-I think I'd like that, would you be coming with us Kiley?" She looks more than a little nervous at the thought of going off alone with Tal but intetested in the tour. In reply to Kiley's question, "You are observant to notice that. It's because I have a preferance for these particular colors and they match my skin and hair better so I stick with these few."

About this time Viv walks up to the small group. Giving the newcomer a look of uncomprehension when he first speak, Jessica smiles in greeting to him anyway. When he then speaks in a tongue she undertands her smile brightens and replies, "I'm Jessica nice to meet you Vivi." She curtsies in reply to his half bow and looks to Tal and Kiley, "Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the morning is mostly games and such, I've never witnessed this festival outside of Magnimar before"


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 1 | AC 18 T 18 FF 15 (TEMP +4) | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +4 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +5

Vivi smiles deeper and blushes a bit as Jessica curtsies to him. I must have run into a daimyo and his consorts. Best be extra polite, I don't want to have a repeat of what happenend in Corentyn. Though it is not my fault that she dressed like a 3 copper Yujo instead of a dutchess.

"Oh, I beg forgiveness at my ignorance. I was told that there was a ceremony involving butterflies that sounded important and solemn, but the gnome must have been mistaken. I apologize for any inconvienence I have caused by my intrusion."

Again Vivi bows, deeper this time.

"If you could direct me to lodging I would be most appreciative, oh generous lord and ladies."


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

"Sure, I can help you find what Talwin can't"

And I can make sure you know what he's about before he tries to woo you to his bed.

When the colorfully dressed man appears and introduces himself, Kiley isn't sure what to make of him, but Jessica's question helps her settle that.

"If you want to see the opening of the festival, just be at the Cathedral Square at noon. I think we'll all be there then if you want to tag along. As for a place to sleep. I can see if there's any rooms left at the Rusty Dragon." she offers.


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Figuring that Vivi isn't from around here either she decides to try and make him feel more welcome, "Tal and Kiley are about to take me on a tour of the town, I am sure that will involve much of the morning's festivities, you would be welcome to join us Vivi."


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 1 | AC 18 T 18 FF 15 (TEMP +4) | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +4 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +5

Vivi is visibly moved by Kiley and Jessica's offers.

Daikitsu must favor me greatly this day to have put me in the path of such generous nobility!

"You honor me greatly with your offers, my ladies. Are you sure that your lord here would not mind being in the company of a lowly monk as I during this great holy day?"

Vivi looks at the elf's face, his eyes obscured by the sunglasses.


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Getting a puzzled look at Vivi's words, "Our lord?" Does he think a lowly peasant girl like me is a lady?


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

Kiley's expression mirrors Jessica's and as it dawns on her who Vivi is talking about, she blurts out a laugh.

"Oh, nonono. Talwin's only a lord in his head, and I can assure you that I am no lady. You're a guest to Sandpoint, and that makes you anything but lowly."


Hp [74/74] 65/67 | AC 22 t. 13 ff. 19 | CMD 25 | F +7 R +8 W +5 (immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 | Senses: low-light +15 (+3 vs traps) | Ghina +15
Skills:
Acrobatics+16, C. (traps)+5,Climb+9,Diplomacy-2,Disable dev.+18, Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+2,K.dung/geo+5,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+15, Surv.+9/+12,Swim+6,Ride+2
Half-elf male Ranger 7 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +2 urban

A sturdy middle aged half-elf walks around the corner of Water Street into the Festival Street. His scruffy presence and the stink to alcohol attract as many glances as the number of people moving aside from him. Nevertheless, the most estrange thing are his totally soaked rags from feet to head, like if he had been diving dressed.

Resting his forearm on the corner, Delendir raises his eyes and looks around.
"What the hell is going on here?" he mumbles for himself. Then remembering about the day -Oh yah, the festival... last year was so great, we ate a whole boar together... As the images from the past go through his mind, he hits -closed fist- the wall frightening an old woman passing by. "Go take a bath and dress yourself properly or I will call Hemlock's men. This is no example for the children." says the woman while covering his nose.

"Take no offense woman. Someone has to get a watch on this town while you are celebrating your doom." answers Delendir with a smile in his mouth but shadows in his tone as the woman walks away totally clued.

Once the woman disappears into the crowd, the half-elf returns to his thoughts. Maybe she is right, there is no way I will convince anyone about the danger going on in the countryside in this fashion. Maybe after the festival's preparations are done Kendra will be much open to listening. And she will be around today, so there is chance I can even get to ta- Wrrrrggghhh!!! Delendir's guts stop his thoughts abruptly.

"Maybe I shall get some food first after all" then he walks closer to one cheese stall.


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 1 | AC 18 T 18 FF 15 (TEMP +4) | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +4 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +5

Vivi's expression goes from confused - Did I say something incorrectly? - to embarrassed - Oh no... not AGAIN!!! - to relieved - Good, they are not scandalized and still want me in their company. - and finally settles on grateful. They do not look down on my ignorance. This truly is a remarkable place.

"I apologize if I confused or confounded. Locals in these parts dress so strangely as compared to my homeland, and I am still having trouble sorting lords from bards and kanights from artisans. I would be grateful to come with you, if you will have me."


The cheese vendor is a middle-aged woman with a bright smile, greying brown hair, and a thickening of the middle likely due to tasting her own wares frequently. "Care for a chunk of cheddar, sir? Only 1 silver this fine day."

As the other four start to wander about town, they see the signs of bustling activity as latecomers set up stalls for food or entertainment and stragglers pour into the square. In the background looms the new Cathedral. It is quite an impressive structure, it's peaked roof soaring into the sky, it's gleaming walls glistening in the morning sunlight.

A stage with a podium has been assembled in the square, and carts and stalls litter the area. Most of Sandpoint's thousand residents and all of its guests are packed into this small area. All around are contests: Of strength, wit, or skill. Also are numerous food and drink areas. Yearly darling Ameiko Kaijitsu commands the largest stall, and for good reason. Her food is getting twice the traffic of her nearest competitor.

Sovereign Court

Male Void-Wizard 5 | AC 14(17 mage armor) T 13 FF 11 | HP 32/32 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9 | Perc +7/+12
Skills:
Bluff +11, Diplomacy +14, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dung, planes) +10, Know (history, local, nobility, religion) +9, Linguistics +12, Perception +7, Spellcraft +13/15

The interruption in elvish lifted Tal's eyebrows until he saw it came from a human. I guess elves are an extreme rarity here.

Tal takes his sunglasses off to take a better look at the stranger. His eyes have incredible large black irises and his pupils are quite dilated, even in the sunlight, giving him an exotic look. "Why not, I am sure Kiley and me can show you around. Anything particular you are interested in? Kiley is more familiar with the towns history than I am. However, I know some things she ignores or is too young for." He says with a wink in Jessica's direction.

At Kileys laugh, the taller Tal takes her head in a vice grip and gives it a good friendly knuckle. hardly any strength behind it with his muscles :p "What Kiley means is that we are not nobles. However, some of us have learnt some better manners. " Tal releases his hold to avoid any issues with Kileys temper. " We wouldn't mind to take another with us on the tour. And perchance you can educate her a bit on manners, which she obviously lacks a great deal in." Tal says, teasing Kiley back before putting on his sunglasses again.

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

"Says the elf who just mussed a girl's hair on the day of a festival." Kiley teases back as she tries in vain to get her curly hair back into some semblance of order.

Great, now I look even more like a little girl who's lost her parents! Thanks, Talwin.

"But he is right, you're more than welcome to come along."


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Seeing Kiley's attempts to smooth out her hair, "Do you want some help with that, I have a spare brush?"


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

Knowing she must look ridiculous, and having no skills in that area anyway, she looks up through the few curls that have fallen over her face to Jessica.

"Please?" she asks meekly.


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Getting a brush from the pouch she is carrying, Jessica begins to brush out Kiley's hair. As she works she begins to bite her lower lip in concentration. After a minute or two, she finishes up, "There, not my best work, but since I don't have what I need to do any better right now. If you want, I can probably help you do something more with it before the dedication tonight."

Sovereign Court

Male Void-Wizard 5 | AC 14(17 mage armor) T 13 FF 11 | HP 32/32 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9 | Perc +7/+12
Skills:
Bluff +11, Diplomacy +14, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dung, planes) +10, Know (history, local, nobility, religion) +9, Linguistics +12, Perception +7, Spellcraft +13/15

"If you want I can give it an exotic colour for an hour at a time. I can refresh the spell later. Here let me demonstrate." Tal says as he casts prestidigistation to color Kileys hair a beautiful shade of gold.

Tal takes a step back and takes off his sunglasses to see how it looks. "Hmm it suits you Kiley. Whatever color you like I can do.

You guys want something festive coloring as well? First ones for free. After that its a beer or a snack a casting, though I might accept other payments and favors." Tal says with a wink.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 1 | AC 18 T 18 FF 15 (TEMP +4) | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +4 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +5

"No, thank you kind mannered elf. I have had enough westerners give me funny looks already since the gnome in the Varisian caravan gave me tips on localizing my monks robes."

Vivi says to Tal with a half bow.

"Still, your work is amazing. Her hair looks like the rivers flowing through some of the groves of my homeland in autumn. It suits you well, Lady Kiley. Oh, please excuse, I mean Miss Kiley."

Vivi adds the last part hastily.

Out of the corner of his eyes he notices the wet half elf at the cheese stall.

"I may be missing something, but I do not remember it raining hard enough for anyone to be soaked so. Is he ok or is he being punished by one of your local spirits for some crime?"


Hp [74/74] 65/67 | AC 22 t. 13 ff. 19 | CMD 25 | F +7 R +8 W +5 (immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 | Senses: low-light +15 (+3 vs traps) | Ghina +15
Skills:
Acrobatics+16, C. (traps)+5,Climb+9,Diplomacy-2,Disable dev.+18, Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+2,K.dung/geo+5,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+15, Surv.+9/+12,Swim+6,Ride+2
Half-elf male Ranger 7 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +2 urban

Delendir looks at the smiling woman and replies with a forced smile. "I will surely get your cheddar woman." he says while tossing a silver coin over the stall counter. "Have you seen Kendra around this morning?" while he hears the seller's answer he starts looking around. His eyes hit a strange group of four walking down the street. An elf.

Waving the woman, he walks away the stall and back into the middle of the street devouring his cheese and mumbling "Mmm... good!". I shall change my clothes. Get warm. But first, morning exercise. The half-elf looks around, and spotting one of the entertainment stalls devoted to raw strength, he walks in.

"Good morning! Do you have anything to warm up my body in this sunny day? I mean something mannish, not the typical games you have for this effeminate villagers to try impress their women." Delendir places his left hand over his right shoulder and starts to make circular movements with his arm.


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Starting back in surprise at Tal's invocation spellcraft to ID spell: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 and Kiley's transformation, Jessica looks a bit closer trying to figure out what happened. "Very clever, using a prestidigitation to change her hair color. You might be useful sometime, though I'd ask before doing that to someone, they might get very angry about it.

When Vivi asks about the wet "elf", Jessica looks his way and makes a brief prayer while touching her eyes with her holy symbol, "Shelyn Da mihi benedictionem magicae, ut videam."

celestial (latin):
Shelyn, grant to me your blessing so I may see magic.
She then walks up to the Delendir to see if he is under some kind of magical effect, "Excuse me sir, but why are you all wet? One of my companions, the man in the strange clothes, wondered if your cursed by some spirit or something?"

The spell is, of course, detect magic Delendir looking for a magical cause to your being...a little wet behind the ears.


Hp [74/74] 65/67 | AC 22 t. 13 ff. 19 | CMD 25 | F +7 R +8 W +5 (immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 | Senses: low-light +15 (+3 vs traps) | Ghina +15
Skills:
Acrobatics+16, C. (traps)+5,Climb+9,Diplomacy-2,Disable dev.+18, Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+2,K.dung/geo+5,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+15, Surv.+9/+12,Swim+6,Ride+2
Half-elf male Ranger 7 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +2 urban

As the woman approaches Delendir turns to the attractive female. "Evil-" mumbles as he looks startled at her smile "-spirit? Sorry lad, but I have no idea what the heck are you talking about." It has been some time since anyone really cares to ask me how I am. "Though I myself have started to think recently if I have not been cursed." They have probably spotted the weird trapper and decided to have some fun at my expense Suddenly changing his face expression to a much more aggressive one, he turns his attention back to the heavy stone hammer the game manager has given to him and throws it with all his strength, trying to show he is not the right one to be fooled.
Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
As the hammer flies off he says without looking at the attractive woman "If your friend has anything to tell me he better comes here and tells me at my face instead of hiding his jokes behind the pleasant words of his wench."


Delendir brings the hammer up, but in his rush to show he is not one to be trifled with, the hammer just clips the edge of the target, causing the piece of metal to only go up about halfway. A rash of clapping and good-natured chuckling accompany the relatively weak attempt.

Sovereign Court

Male Void-Wizard 5 | AC 14(17 mage armor) T 13 FF 11 | HP 32/32 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9 | Perc +7/+12
Skills:
Bluff +11, Diplomacy +14, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dung, planes) +10, Know (history, local, nobility, religion) +9, Linguistics +12, Perception +7, Spellcraft +13/15

bah wayfinder ate my post
At Jessica's words, Tal feels almost insulted. Might be useful? I should grease you up so you can't take another step without flapping about and dropping on the floor. You obviously have no idea what I can do.

Trying his best to mask his irritation, Tal says. "That is but a mere cantrip my dear, one that I can cast at will. At my command I have much more powerful magics than that. But let us hope I will not be forced to use them today, for it would mean the village is attacked by giants or goblins. Then you will praise my magics for their usefulness, I assure you.

As for the man, looking at his movements he seems to be merely hung over. Someone probably threw a bucket of water on him to get rid of the smell. " Tal dismissively gestures to the half-elf.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 1 | AC 18 T 18 FF 15 (TEMP +4) | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +4 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +5

Vivi approaches the soaked man as the metal goes up halfway up the post.

"Sir, please excuse me, but I think that you might be able to get a better grip and stance if you first do reparation to whatever kami -er spirit, as you would put it, you have offended so. Then you can finally be dry and have to waste less strength maintaining your grip on the hammer and ground."

Vivi smiles as he says this. Perhaps he does not know how to make reparation to this spirit. Maybe I can help him find the answers after the festival.


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

Gold-spun hair
When Talwin changes her hair to gold, Kiley lets out a squeak of dismay.

"Talwin! Please, change it back!"

About Spirits
"He may have just gotten a head start on the festivities and needed to sober up quickly. Actually that's probably exactly what happened." She says to Vivi.

And foolishly stepping in.
Kiley sees that the wet ranger is starting to get angry at Jessica, and has a feeling that things are about to turn ugly. Despite her better judgement, she walks up to the man and glares up at him.

"First off, don't call her a wench, or would you rather I call you a bastard? Second, she was asking to see if you were okay. The gentleman over there," she continues on, pointing to Vivi, "isn't from around here, and he was wondering if you had done anything to offend any spirits. Personally, I think you just drank too many last night and took a dip by the docks to sober up."

And I think I found why she has a CHA 8, a temper that'd make any Barbarian blush. :D


Hp [74/74] 65/67 | AC 22 t. 13 ff. 19 | CMD 25 | F +7 R +8 W +5 (immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 | Senses: low-light +15 (+3 vs traps) | Ghina +15
Skills:
Acrobatics+16, C. (traps)+5,Climb+9,Diplomacy-2,Disable dev.+18, Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+2,K.dung/geo+5,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+15, Surv.+9/+12,Swim+6,Ride+2
Half-elf male Ranger 7 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +2 urban

"Hahahahaha " Delendir explodes in laughs as he listens to Vivi " You know, that was fun. No no man. I just had the need to drown my sorrows." Then he looks at the young foreigner with a smile in his face for first time in weeks. " But you don't seem from here. You are even carrying adventuring gear. Where do you come from?"

Once the other girl ends his reprimand the trapper looks at his own looks then says " Well, you can say I am a bastard and you will not be far from right. " There is some character there. Better if I temper my tongue with this one, I don't want to start a quarrel for such a trifle. " But calm down, I think your friend is not as sensitive as you feel. Have you seen Kendra around? I have to talk to her."

Actually cha 7 and Wis 8, so he has some issues to asses others emotions and handle people. But I will not take him to far :p


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Before heading over to Defender
Realizing how she probably sounded when she spoke to Tal by his response, I'm sorry, that came out wrong didn't it? I only meant I never thought about using magic to do what you just did."

At Delendir's seemingly angry response, Jessica get a hurt look on her face and lets the spell drop. She cheers up as Kiley comes to her defense, laying a hand on Kiley's arm and smiling in thanks.

Sovereign Court

Male Void-Wizard 5 | AC 14(17 mage armor) T 13 FF 11 | HP 32/32 | F +2 R +4 W +4 | Init +9 | Perc +7/+12
Skills:
Bluff +11, Diplomacy +14, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dung, planes) +10, Know (history, local, nobility, religion) +9, Linguistics +12, Perception +7, Spellcraft +13/15

Tal snickers a moment at Kileys dismay. "Hehe very well, very well" and with a flick of his wrist Kileys hair returns to its normal hue.

As everyone is heading towards the drunk Tal does the same. He winces at Kileys unfiltered words, but as the half-elf bursts into laughing, he doesn't have to come to her defense.

"Kendra you say? Can't recall anyone with that name. Kiley do you know her?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

"Kendra's the mayor, but I don't know where she is. She'll probably be at the starting ceremony for the festival."


As the square reaches full capacity, a few figures step onto the stage. Cheering erupts as the locals realize the Festival is officially about to start.

Kiley,Delendir,Tal:
The people who ascended the stage are Mayor Kendra Deverin, Cyrdak Brokkus (the Theater owner and director), Father Abstalar Zantus, and Sheriff Belor Hemlock.

Vivi,Jessica:
The four who ascend the stage are a handsome middle-aged woman with short-cropped dark hair, an outlandish good-looking fellow all draped up like a peacock, a middle-aged man wearing the priestly raiments of the Church of Desna, and a dark-skinned Shoanti dressed as if for battle.

The dark-haired woman steps up to the podium, grinning at the applause and yells. After a few moments, she holds up her hand for silence.


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Seeing the people congregate in the square and the people stepping up on the podium, "Hey, looks like something is about to happen, let's go over there and find out. It should be about time for the opening!" Jessica tries to find a good place to see from, assuming the others follow.


Hp [74/74] 65/67 | AC 22 t. 13 ff. 19 | CMD 25 | F +7 R +8 W +5 (immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 | Senses: low-light +15 (+3 vs traps) | Ghina +15
Skills:
Acrobatics+16, C. (traps)+5,Climb+9,Diplomacy-2,Disable dev.+18, Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+2,K.dung/geo+5,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+15, Surv.+9/+12,Swim+6,Ride+2
Half-elf male Ranger 7 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +2 urban

Shaking his head Delendir says pointing to the podium "Gosh! There she is! Well I guess I will have to wait." then offering some cheese to the just met folk "Some cheddar to lighten the wait? You will enjoy this show foreigners."


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

Kiley checks the position of the sun quickly before scurrying behind Jessica.
"You're right. I didn't realize it had gotten so late."


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 1 | AC 18 T 18 FF 15 (TEMP +4) | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +4 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +5

Vivi turns and sees the four ascending the stage. These must be the local priests. Strange that their gods require such a variety of dress.

He nods at Jessica's suggestion and follows along solemnly.


Male Human (Tien) Monk (Wanderer) / 1 | AC 18 T 18 FF 15 (TEMP +4) | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +4 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +5

Vivi takes a piece of the offered cheese from Delendir with a smile.

"My thanks, and please excuse any confusion about your dampness. Kami have been known to place such curses on people where I am from."


Female Human Cleric (ecclesitheurge) 5 Evangelist 1 | hp 33/33 (15 thp)| AC 15 (18), tac 15 (18), ff 12 (14) | CMB +3; CMD 15 | F +5, R +5, W +9 | Init +2 | Per +7 | Channel Energy (dc 14) 4/5 | Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Bit of Luck 7/7 | Blessing of the Faithful | Active Effects: False Life (15 thp [6 hrs]), Less Ang Aspct: Prot from Evil (active), lowlight vis, resist acid and cold 5 (6 min)
Current Secondary Domain for Spells:
charm (love)

Accepting some of the cheese that Delendir offers, "Thank you...you know, I never did get your name, I'm Jessica."


HP: 59/59, NL: 0 | AC 20/13/17 | F+7 R +3 W+1 | Per: +5 | Init: +3

Kiley smiles at the offered cheese.

"Thank you, but I'm saving room for Ameiko's salmon. If you haven't tried it, it's good."


It's actually still early in the morning, for clarification. Perhaps 8 or 9.

As the crowd noise dies down, the woman lowers her hand, sweeping her gaze across the crowd like a practiced speaker. Greetings, all, and for our visitors, welcome to Sandpoint! We hope you enjoy yourselves and have a good time this fine day. Even our local tanner has managed to pull himself away from his drudgery to join us!" She gestures to a man standing near the front of the crowd. He looks the sort that is never happy, and his scowls deepens as the crowd has a laugh at his expense.

"Before we get things rolling, our beloved Sheriff Hemlock would like to have a few words. Please don't be too bad a buzzkill, good Sheriff!" She winks at the crowd, waving again as she steps away from the podium, allowing the large Shoanti warrior access to the podium.


Hp [74/74] 65/67 | AC 22 t. 13 ff. 19 | CMD 25 | F +7 R +8 W +5 (immune to sleep; +2 vs enchantments; 1 Will reroll) | Ini: +3 | Senses: low-light +15 (+3 vs traps) | Ghina +15
Skills:
Acrobatics+16, C. (traps)+5,Climb+9,Diplomacy-2,Disable dev.+18, Hand. animal+5/+9,Heal+8,Inti+2,K.dung/geo+5,K.nature+9,Prof.(hunter)+4, Stealth+15, Surv.+9/+12,Swim+6,Ride+2
Half-elf male Ranger 7 | RoTRL Doc·Treasure | +2 vs goblins, +5 vs giants, +2 urban

"You are welcome. I'm Delendir, and yours are? Oh look the Sheriff, he is a bit rude but competent" the trapper focus his attention on the podium.

1 to 50 of 6,624 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Another RotRL Campaign by DM Crispy - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.