Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Sappy's Old Glories

Game Master Sapiens

Why should the young heroes get all the fun?

The Parchment:

Set thee off from Slumbering Cat
Seeking where the Dead are at
Journey north and east apace
To find Medusa’s iron embrace,
Follow now the Spider Star
Behind the Wall that hides its Face
To our Sad, Abandoned Place
If visit ye the Long Deceased
Find the Will to Feed the Beast
Then Begin where all Men End
Light go out and Breath Suspend
Egress through the Stony Door
After turning Face to Floor
Each Adellan Branch has Room
In its Silent, Musty Tomb
For at least one Careless Soul
Wouldst thou fill that Empty Hole?

Maps and Handouts


401 to 450 of 537 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

HP 124/124 AC 43 T 18 FF 39 Fort +16 ref +20 Will +22, CMD 46 (grapple, dirty trick) 61, Per + 26, Init +1

"It's not the years, it's the leagues. "


Male Fetchling Ninja/15 || HP 51/83 || AC 27 (T 17/ FF 22) || CMD 27 || Fort +10 Ref +18 Will +15 || Init +14 || Perception+20

"Leagues," Rasil chuckles, "Try planes."

Sovereign Court

The mausoleum you heads towards is made of green marble. If the entrance is crafted to remind of the maw of a ravenous lion, the old door is easily removed from the rusted hinges. Inside, the place is surprisingly small and empty. The only noteworthy detail is on the floor, a circular carving of the howling medusa crest of the Sardisi branch.


HP 124/124 AC 43 T 18 FF 39 Fort +16 ref +20 Will +22, CMD 46 (grapple, dirty trick) 61, Per + 26, Init +1

Give it a close search squinting the whole time.

take 20 for 46


Male Human Kineticist 15 || HP 186/186 + 50 Temp - 75 NL || AC 36 T 26 FF 26 || Fort +21 Ref +24 Will +12 || CMD 32 (+2 vs dirty trick) || Per + 29 || Init +21 || Internal Buffer 2

Gabriel will also give a look around, checking for magical activity.

Detect Magic

Sovereign Court

Heads or Tails?: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Gabriel's magic-seeing eyes notice a conjuration aura coming off the head carving. He moves to warn his companions, but it's too late as Vars moves to look at the carving. With a barely noticeable flash of light, the old warrior disappears.

Vars:
You find yourself in a large, domed, damp room, the air stale. You are standing on a stone floor.


HP 124/124 AC 43 T 18 FF 39 Fort +16 ref +20 Will +22, CMD 46 (grapple, dirty trick) 61, Per + 26, Init +1

"Now wait a cotton picking minute" he says to noone visible.

And he will inspect his new surroundings.

preception: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (17) + 26 = 43

Note he does have blindsight


Male Human Kineticist 15 || HP 186/186 + 50 Temp - 75 NL || AC 36 T 26 FF 26 || Fort +21 Ref +24 Will +12 || CMD 32 (+2 vs dirty trick) || Per + 29 || Init +21 || Internal Buffer 2

"Vars!" Gabriel shouts out, trying in vain to stop the warrior. When he vanishes, Gabriel's shoulders slump down, and he says with a sigh "Crap". To the others, he says "The carving has a conjuration aura, definitely magic. Conjuration isn't my speciality, but looks like a teleportation of some kind. What do you think Mahb?"


Witch 15 | HP 92 | AC/T/FF 29/21/24 | CMD 31 | F +12 / R +14 / W +19 | Init +4 (+0); PER +24 (+20) |

Mahb jumps when Duke vanishes. "Son-of-a..." She says with a tinge of humor, "Well, if that wasn't a teleport - we each get a larger share of the treasure." From a safe distance, the old woman examines the magic with eldritch eyes, trying to confirm it was indeed some teleport variant as opposed to an express trip to the 354th level of the Abyss.

Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (4) + 25 = 29 doing Arcana roll with Det Magic to see if I can glean anything specific.

Sovereign Court

Vars:
Trying to find his way in the large room, Vars discovers that he is standing on yet another carving of a medusa. There are two trios of sarcophages next to the the place he arrived on. The walls are lined with funerary urns, and there is an archway leading out of the room.
Map updated.

As for Mahb, the circle appears to be a simple teleportation circle. Its destination is anyone's guess.


Male Fetchling Ninja/15 || HP 51/83 || AC 27 (T 17/ FF 22) || CMD 27 || Fort +10 Ref +18 Will +15 || Init +14 || Perception+20

Rasil looks unimpressed. He sighs, "Now what?"


Witch 15 | HP 92 | AC/T/FF 29/21/24 | CMD 31 | F +12 / R +14 / W +19 | Init +4 (+0); PER +24 (+20) |

Mahb pokes the bird on her head until it squawks and leaps off, settling on the floor diffidently. "Now, I go through it. If I'm still close enough for Pye to sense me, he'll let you know. If I die, he'll probably know that as well." With that, she steps toward the medusa head to trigger the teleport.

Sovereign Court

Another dim flash of light, and Mahb disappears.

Mahb:
This great, domed chamber is home to hundreds of funerary urns of every description, housed in niches along the walls. The domed ceiling thirty feet above is decorated with images of Taldan aristocrats engaged in passionate debate, locked in duels, or poring over great tomes together. A carving of a medusa’s face decorates the floor in the room’s center, flanked to the sides by two trios of stone sarcophagi. An archway to the north opens into a large pillared hall. And on the stone floor stands Vars, squinting at the ground where the carving is.
I'll let you handle Pye.


HP 46 | AC/T/FF 26/16/21 | CMD 19 | F/R/W +6/+9/+11 | Init +3; PER +10|

The rough-feathered bird hops to the left, cocks its head, then hops three times to the right. It croaks, "NeeARRRR HeeYYEERRE" before flying toward the face... and vanishing through it as well.


Witch 15 | HP 92 | AC/T/FF 29/21/24 | CMD 31 | F +12 / R +14 / W +19 | Init +4 (+0); PER +24 (+20) |

Through the Looking Glass:
I'll wait to post until the rest of the team comes through.


Male Human Kineticist 15 || HP 186/186 + 50 Temp - 75 NL || AC 36 T 26 FF 26 || Fort +21 Ref +24 Will +12 || CMD 32 (+2 vs dirty trick) || Per + 29 || Init +21 || Internal Buffer 2

"Well, guess it's alright then" Gabriel says with a shrug. Invisibility still up and active, he'll hobble forward on foot, his cane making a faint, ghostly tap, tap, tap as he goes. "See you on the other side, Rasil." With that, he makes it to the medusa head.


Male Fetchling Ninja/15 || HP 51/83 || AC 27 (T 17/ FF 22) || CMD 27 || Fort +10 Ref +18 Will +15 || Init +14 || Perception+20

Rasil sighs, frustrated at his own hesitation, "a shadow walker afraid to teleport... I'll never live this down." Rasil vanishes from view, then steps through to the other side.

1 ki point for invisible blade


Male Half-Elf Commoner/1

Yura hustles into the room, and blinks a couple times as he sees no one. Then it occurs to him, "Master? Mister Gabriel?" No answer, so he walks further into the room, "Any-?" The boy teleports before he can finish his question.

Sovereign Court

The great, domed chamber you have teleported to is home to hundreds of funerary urns of every description, housed in niches along the walls. The domed ceiling thirty feet above is decorated with images of Taldan aristocrats engaged in passionate debate, locked in duels, or poring over great tomes together. A carving of a medusa’s face decorates the floor in the room’s center, flanked to the sides by two trios of stone sarcophagi. An archway to the north opens into a large pillared hall.
Vars is examining the stone carving on the ground, and Mahb is waiting in the middle of the circle.

Examine the sarcophagi:
The sarcophagi are false, not even hollow. The re are no names or distinctive carvings on them.

Examine the urns, Knowledge(nobility) DC 25:
The names on the urns are not Taldan nobiliar titles, more of commoner class folks.

Examine the carving:
There are four unusual aspects: a keyhole in its right eye, a starburst indentation in the left eye, a thin slot in the mouth, and an oval indentation in the chin.


HP 124/124 AC 43 T 18 FF 39 Fort +16 ref +20 Will +22, CMD 46 (grapple, dirty trick) 61, Per + 26, Init +1

knowledge nobility: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 derp


Male Half-Elf Commoner/1

"-body? Whoa." Yura's mouth stands agape for a good minute before he's slapped on the back of the head by an invisible force.


Male Fetchling Ninja/15 || HP 51/83 || AC 27 (T 17/ FF 22) || CMD 27 || Fort +10 Ref +18 Will +15 || Init +14 || Perception+20

"Don't just stand there, boy, tell me what you see."

After the scene and the urns are described to him in great detail, Rasil racks his brain for insight before inspecting the carving in the floor.

k noble: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

"Those names with the urns, they're not of any Taldane noble family ood which I'm aware, and trust me I'm very well versed. What do you think? Could this be the 'Empty Hole' we're supposed to fill? And what with?"


HP 124/124 AC 43 T 18 FF 39 Fort +16 ref +20 Will +22, CMD 46 (grapple, dirty trick) 61, Per + 26, Init +1

"Yeah, I knew that. " the Duke responds looking around rather self consciously.

"Probably something to do with the puzzle. We need 'keys' of a sort I expect. "


Witch 15 | HP 92 | AC/T/FF 29/21/24 | CMD 31 | F +12 / R +14 / W +19 | Init +4 (+0); PER +24 (+20) |

Mahb sweeps the area with eldritch vision, especially all the funeral urns in range.

Doing a walkabout with Detect Magic active

Sovereign Court

The medusa carving is showing the now-familiar conjuration aura that seems to be shared by all the teleportation devices in this necropolis. Nothing else in the room appears to be magical, other than you folks.


Male Human Kineticist 15 || HP 186/186 + 50 Temp - 75 NL || AC 36 T 26 FF 26 || Fort +21 Ref +24 Will +12 || CMD 32 (+2 vs dirty trick) || Per + 29 || Init +21 || Internal Buffer 2

Gabriel will examine the carving. "The face has four different weird things to it; a keyhole in the right eye, a starburst indentation in the left eye, a thin slot in the mouth, and an oval indentation in the chin. We also know four things are needed to get into Bartolomae’s crypt. Could this be related?"

Gabriel will take out the key they found earlier and see if it fits in the right eye.


Witch 15 | HP 92 | AC/T/FF 29/21/24 | CMD 31 | F +12 / R +14 / W +19 | Init +4 (+0); PER +24 (+20) |

"Maybe. Or it could be the only way out of this section of necropolis. It looks to be tied to the teleportation magic in that face."


Male Half-Elf Commoner/1

The farm boy looks at the odd medusa head and says pensively, "A keyhole for the lockless key, a thin slot for a befouled dagger, I bet the 'voice' and the keepsake fit the other two depressions...but we haven't found them yet, have we?"

Sovereign Court

The key fits perfectly into the keyhole, and it clicks after making a half-turn. There are no changes in the carving, however, not even in its magic aura.


HP 124/124 AC 43 T 18 FF 39 Fort +16 ref +20 Will +22, CMD 46 (grapple, dirty trick) 61, Per + 26, Init +1

"Guess we still need to find more stuff. Now how do we get out of here and do that?"


Witch 15 | HP 92 | AC/T/FF 29/21/24 | CMD 31 | F +12 / R +14 / W +19 | Init +4 (+0); PER +24 (+20) |

There is more to explore in this area.


Male Fetchling Ninja/15 || HP 51/83 || AC 27 (T 17/ FF 22) || CMD 27 || Fort +10 Ref +18 Will +15 || Init +14 || Perception+20

Rasil feels for another way out.

perc: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33


HP 124/124 AC 43 T 18 FF 39 Fort +16 ref +20 Will +22, CMD 46 (grapple, dirty trick) 61, Per + 26, Init +1

As there is a way out of the room, the Duke leads the way in that direction.

"Gotta keep a move on so my legs don't fall asleep. I hate that tingly business. "


Male Human Kineticist 15 || HP 186/186 + 50 Temp - 75 NL || AC 36 T 26 FF 26 || Fort +21 Ref +24 Will +12 || CMD 32 (+2 vs dirty trick) || Per + 29 || Init +21 || Internal Buffer 2

Gabriel pulls the key back out again and stores it. "At least we know now where to go when we get the other two. Let's go see if we can find them." Gabriel will fade from sight again and fly on further into the building.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Map updated.
This massive hall hosts a vaulted ceiling fifty feet above, supported by huge pillars of marble running down its center. The walls are lined with vaults, stacked in columns of eight, twenty feet high. Lavish murals occupy the thirty-foot stretch of wall above the vaults, depicting naval confrontations between Taldan and Qadiran ships to the east, and Taldan ships and what appear to be ghost ships to the west. The dominant ship in the painting appears in both battle scenes, its mainsail proudly flaunting the mocking medusa; a handsome figure clad in archaic captain’s uniform grips the rigging in one hand while he rallies his sailors by waving a falcata over his head. The man has thick white hair and a long beard divided into three braids.

Knowledge (history or nobility) DC 30:
The ship dpited is the Harlot, the flagship of Pasco Voxus Adella, and the paintings show scenes from the wars against Qadira and the Whispering Tyrant.

Examine the internment vaults:
Apparently, members from all of the three branches are buried here.

Examine the pillars:
The pillars are carved with memorials for Adellas who were lost at sea, or on the battlefield, or were otherwise unavailable for burial here in the tomb.


Male Fetchling Ninja/15 || HP 51/83 || AC 27 (T 17/ FF 22) || CMD 27 || Fort +10 Ref +18 Will +15 || Init +14 || Perception+20

As Yura describes the scene to his master, Rasil laments the loss of his sight, as it appears to be quite the majestic one.

k nobility: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

The scenes however, mean little else to the assassin, so he searches the pillars and paintings and vaults with his fingertips for anything unexpected.

perc: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30


HP 124/124 AC 43 T 18 FF 39 Fort +16 ref +20 Will +22, CMD 46 (grapple, dirty trick) 61, Per + 26, Init +1

Vars tries to recall some of his nobility studies.

knowledge nobility: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 nope

But he really didn't care much about families in shame, only ones which could profit him.


Witch 15 | HP 92 | AC/T/FF 29/21/24 | CMD 31 | F +12 / R +14 / W +19 | Init +4 (+0); PER +24 (+20) |

Mahb examines the mural. "Ah. That's the Harlot, Pasco Voxus Adella's flagship. I think these are his battles against Qadira as well as the Whispering Tyrant"

Knowledge: History v DC30: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

Sovereign Court

Though I had updated, was mistaken.

As you are examining the room, wisps of smoke rise from the captain's depiction, and coalesce into one spectral figure.
With a booming voice, he addresses you.
"It is apparent that none of your assembly is of the blood, so I must conclude you are thieves. To avert my righteous vengeance and leave in peace, answer me these three questions. First, what was the name of my flagship? Second, how did my first darling wife die? And third, why is my eldest son’s body not here with us? All the information you need is within this chamber. I give you ten minutes."

Look at the urns, Perception DC 30 (each attempt takes 1 minute):
You find a trio of urns set aside from others:
- Pasco Voxus Adella, 4112–4171
- Annavale, Beloved Wife, 4120–4138
- Eudocia, Beloved Wife, 4130–4192

Look at the pillars, Perception DC 30 (each attempt takes 1 minute):
You find a name that might be relevant:
- Pasco Voxus Adella II, 4138–4156, The Sea Reclaims Its Own


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Witch 15 | HP 92 | AC/T/FF 29/21/24 | CMD 31 | F +12 / R +14 / W +19 | Init +4 (+0); PER +24 (+20) |

"Your flagship was called the Harlot." The hag says matter-of-factly, wholly unimpressed with Cap'n MistyPants. She is tempted to speculate that his beloved first wife probably died of boredom due to marrying such a windbag. She refrains from sharing that opinion. Instead she finds some interesting urns and points them out to the others.

"Annavale was 18 when she died in 4138. Not a stretch to imagine she died in childbirth... but that's only a likely possibility. And men tend to be very attached to the woman who gave them an heir. O' course, his other wife is called 'Beloved' as well. Fickle."

Perception vs Urns DC30: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (12) + 24 = 36
Perception vs Pillars DC30: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27


HP 124/124 AC 43 T 18 FF 39 Fort +16 ref +20 Will +22, CMD 46 (grapple, dirty trick) 61, Per + 26, Init +1

He will squint again and look around the room.
perception: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (16) + 26 = 42
perception: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (2) + 26 = 28


Male Fetchling Ninja/15 || HP 51/83 || AC 27 (T 17/ FF 22) || CMD 27 || Fort +10 Ref +18 Will +15 || Init +14 || Perception+20

Using my previous perc check on the pillars.

After examining the pillars, the ninja speaks up, "Your son was lost at sea," he turns toward the point of origin of the booming voice, "That's why he is not here."


Male Half-Elf Commoner/1

With the questions answered, Yura speaks up, "M'Lord, I promise ve're not theifs, ve vere sent here by a liffing descendant of yours to brink glory to the house Adella."

Sovereign Court

"Good!" the apparition booms. "One should know of those who came before, and tread reverently. Disturb not these three tombs before you and I shall not vex you further."
Pasco disappears as it came, returning to his slumber.

Next post tomorrow.

Sovereign Court

As the dust settles on the spot where Pasco disappears, you take a closer look at the three tombs containing the captain and his wives. You realize that Pasco's name on the sarcophagus is written in gold, unlike all the other tombs that you've seen until now.

As for exits, you can see three. A central flight of stairs descending deeper, and two corridors on the side.


Male Fetchling Ninja/15 || HP 51/83 || AC 27 (T 17/ FF 22) || CMD 27 || Fort +10 Ref +18 Will +15 || Init +14 || Perception+20

Rasil goes to each of the available outlets (both corridors and the staircase) and listens for anything he can hear that might give a clue as to what's down them.

Perc: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35


HP 124/124 AC 43 T 18 FF 39 Fort +16 ref +20 Will +22, CMD 46 (grapple, dirty trick) 61, Per + 26, Init +1

Not wanting to get stiff standing around Vars just goes down the central passage.


Witch 15 | HP 92 | AC/T/FF 29/21/24 | CMD 31 | F +12 / R +14 / W +19 | Init +4 (+0); PER +24 (+20) |

Mahb cautiously walks down the left-hand passage. "I'll yell if I get in trouble."

Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (20) + 24 = 44 w/ Pye Alertness


Male Human Kineticist 15 || HP 186/186 + 50 Temp - 75 NL || AC 36 T 26 FF 26 || Fort +21 Ref +24 Will +12 || CMD 32 (+2 vs dirty trick) || Per + 29 || Init +21 || Internal Buffer 2

"Oh good. We're splitting up. That always works out well." Gabriel shrugs, and with invisibility still up, flies down the right-hand passage.

Perception: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (11) + 25 = 36
Stealth, +10 from telekinetic invisibility: 1d20 + 28 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 28 + 10 = 41

Sovereign Court

Rasil's sharp hearing doesn't pick up much, especially as Vars marches past him. The three companions each take a different path...

Vars:
Three circular tiles are set into the floor inside of the archway at the head of the stairs; each tile depicts a different medusa’s face—one howling in rage, one mocking with a forked tongue, and one with crossed eyes. As you descend some steps, thick white mists rise around you, obscuring vision., and four beautiful, ethereal spirits, looking like young maidens, emerge from the walls, speaking one over another.
"Are you of the blood?" "Have you come to pay your respects, cousin?" "Is his name still spoken?" "Has night fallen over our family?"

Mahb:
A marble fountain, the basin of which resembles a huge shell, sits near the entrance to this room, its waters cascading from between the fingers of reclining mermaids. The chamber beyond is empty, save for a single sarcophagus at the far end of the room. On the sarcophagus is a bronze plaque reading "Vespacio Voxus Adella, 4349-4401 - Commerce Is King and Courage His Queen".
On the fountain you see carved the word "Brotherhood".

Gabriel:
A marble fountain, the basin of which resembles a huge shell, sits near the entrance to this room, its waters cascading from between the fingers of reclining mermaids. The chamber beyond is empty, save for a single sarcophagus at the far end of the room. On the sarcophagus is a bronze plaque reading "Vincenzo Voxus Adella, 4349-4401 - Courage Is King and Commerce His Queen".
On the fountain you see carved the word "Fellowship".

Gabriel and Mahb, Knowledge(history or nobility) DC 28:
Vincenzo and Vespacio were twins who started feuding for reasons now forgotten, and went so far as to field armies against one another. They slew each other in their last confrontation, and brought to the end of the Voxus branch.

401 to 450 of 537 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Old Glories Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.