Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Samy's Belles' Vengeance

Game Master Samy

Hell's Vengeance Book 1: The Hellfire Compact --- Day 4 --- Rebellion Points: 4
Google Drive --- Longacre map --- Sermon in the Square


1 to 50 of 586 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

This story begins "in medias res" -- in the middle of a situation.

Most of you have recently come to the small town of Longacre. Your reasons are your own, but for whatever reason, you have been looking for some kind of opportunity to make money, power, prestige, contacts or some kind of advantage. Individually, you have been approached by a local young woman, about 20 years or age, named Cimri Staelish, and she has recruited you to help with a nighttime raid of a local tannery.

What you get out of this deal can be hashed out in the discussion thread. If money buys your sword arm for a couple of hours, then that's what you have been promised. If money wouldn't be enough, then other motivations can be explored.

Cimri Staelish: Bust image and full body image.

The Local Tough campaign trait character is highly familiar with Cimri, but to the rest of you, she is an unknown quantity who represents an interesting opportunity. You have just assembled as a group for the first time, and unless your backstories say otherwise, you are meeting each other for the first time.

The Hellfire Compact p. 6 wrote:

The town of Longacre sits just outside the fringes of the Whisperwood. A few lights shine in the streets and windows, and the occasional snippet of conversation or laughter issues from open doors, but here on the outskirts of town, the night is quiet and dark. Sparse clouds scud across the sky, momentarily obscuring the dim light from the moon overhead. Across a scrubby field, barely distinguishable under the starry sky, a darkened, fortlike compound hunches in the distance.

Cimri points toward the dim structure. “That’s it -- Louslik Tannery. Here’s the job: We break in, sack Ol’ Louslik’s office, take whatever’s shiny, and get out before the sheriff shows up. If we get separated, meet back at the Ash House by dawn.”

Dull moonlight glints across her dagger as she flicks it in emphasis. “If you get pinched, remember: you’re mute. Keep your mouth shut, and I’ll handle things. I got assurances that we won’t take any blame if things go south. But get chatty and I’ll let you rot.” A beat passes and her usual crooked smirk appears. “If you don’t screw things up, we’ll all be drinking on Razelago’s coin come dawn. Let’s do this.”

Presumably, after such an out-of-the-blue introduction, you should have some questions, and now is the time to present them. Any questions that your character would want the answers to at this point: fire away. Similarly, some of you might have objections that you might wish to raise at this point.

Any events, information or roleplay that took place in the recruitment thread are null and void.


Conditions: None AL NE Female Human Sorcerer 2 (Infernal Bloodline) HP 4/6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 13 | F -1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Per +2 |
Resources:
Corrupting Touch 6/6; 1st-Level Sorcerer Spells 4/5

Aevelyn looks over the rather attractive woman closely as she details the job she initially agreed to.

Why am I doing this? Because sometimes steps need to be taken in order to recover what has been lost...Still I do not like the looks of this woman. Could she be an Informant?

She turns to her companions and catches their own expressions. First her bodyguard, the oread Hellknight wannabe who has served her well, and she must admit, kept her and her other companion out of trouble for the most part. Stealing a glance at her 'lady-in-waiting' she has difficulty tearing her gaze away for a moment.

Ahhh...Shiloh...you are a cypher to me, and I shall unlock your secrets yet!

Turning her attention back to their employer she raises her hand, her delicate fingers slowly waving. "So, that is all to this...job? I hardly think you are telling us all you know. Still, we all did agree to this job, so the reasons behind it are of little import."

And if we should press the issue, you would simply lie to us anyway.

"I do have some questions for you that you should be able to answer for us." She continues here, ticking points off on her well-manicured fingers. "First, what guards are patrolling the area? Second, are any of the guards magic-wielders? Third, is magic used to guard the office?" Here she pauses, glancing to the others here, particularly the catfolk woman, and awaiting their input here.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Some of you might have input into the outfitting of the Louslik Tannery that Aevelyn asks about. On your way to the meeting point, each character had an opportunity to perform a single check. The tannery is surrounded by a 10 foot high wooden palisade.

Climb or Stealth DC 15 to investigate the outer palisade:
PCs who scale the 10-foot-tall wooden palisade around the tannery or sneak up and find a hole in the stockade see that the work yard beyond is largely empty. There are lanterns lit, both at the gate and outside the office. A large dog dozes near the office’s door. The place smells terrible.

Disable Device DC 15 to investigate the gate through the palisade:
The gate that opens into the tannery’s work yard features a simple mechanism, designed to swing open to admit delivery carts. Constructed for convenience, not defense, a lock can be bypassed to open the gate with the pull of a lever. It won’t necessarily be quiet, though.

Knowledge (local) DC 15 to know about the staffing:
A small night crew works at the tannery. The tannery’s owner, Jabral Louslik, handles the operation’s accounting well into the evening. Additionally, Shaul and Pippa Umbre -- the town’s elderly gong farmers -- come and go throughout the night, bringing loads of dung to use in softening leather.

Perception DC 15 to spot anything useful:
A portion of the palisade surrounding the tannery has been damaged by repeated impacts from inexpertly steered work carts. This has opened a narrow gap in the palisade near the beamhouse that is out of the way, and could be squeezed through with a bit of effort.

You may attempt one and only one of these (per character). Shiloh does not get two checks, but can decide whether Shiloh or Valrah attempts the check.


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Disable Device 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

The catfolk's tail swished back and forth nervously. She took a quick look at the locking mechanism on the gate as the group laid out its plans. "The gate's no good. I could pick the lock easy enough, that's true, but that thing would swing open loud enough to alert everyone two villages over. We need to find another way in," she whispered to her friend Staelish.

She looked around at the others, waiting for me to prove their worth. Staelish was usually good at picking a crew for a crash and run job, but Breeze wasn't convinced of this lot, yet. Breeze needed coin, as always, but she wasn't about to get pinched if there was anything she could do about it.


Inactive

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Nysene sighed, folding her arms across her chest. She hadn't liked the idea of resorting to what felt like petty heists for coin but as her two 'charges' had insisted on taking part, she felt obligated to accompany them and at least try to make sure they made it out in one piece.

"On our way here I spotted a gap in the palisade wall," she offers quietly. "Over by the beamhouse and conveniently out of the way. Might take some squeezing, but a person could probably fit through it."


med Eidolon LN Init +1; Senses darkvision 60ft, scent/ Perception +0 / AC 13, T 11, FF 12 / F +3, R +1, W +2 / BaB +1, CMB +5, CMD 16

Going to assume Shiloh was able to slip away before heading out here to summon Valrah. Valrah would be keeping a good distance from the others. After the group has moved past the Tannery Valrah would. She has scent if that notes me anything.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Nope! I am no help.

Quietly tailing Shiloh and the other mortals on what Shiloh called a heist. Pulling her dark cloak tighter around herself she moves up to the palisade but notes nothing. Not that I know what I am looking for you wretched child!


NE Changeling Female lvl 1 Unchained Summoner/ HP: 4 / SR 7 / BaB +0; CMB -2; CMD 7 / F -3, R +0, W +3 (+2 on saves vs. diseases) / spd 30ft / concentration is +7 / Init +0; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Perception +0 / Diplomacy +10 / Bluff +11

When passing the tannery Shiloh does not even give it a glance over. That smell is vile! Taking a gloved hand and keeping it over her nose as they pass by.

At the meeting

Seemly smiling to herself as they walk in, Oh quit you b~%#@ing Val. Pulling her blue cloak tighter around herself and trying to ignore the shivers rolling though her.

Quietly listening to Cimri ramble on only half listening as the indignation voice in her head snarls at her over the smell is far more interesting. When she notes Aevelyn looking at her she offers a smirk and a wave of her gloved hand.


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Most of this crew knows each other already. Staelish has never brought in a full crew before.. This was worrisome for the feline, but she didn't see any other option, as deep as she was in the plot. Theyd better pull their weight...I'm watching for anything tricky!


Female Ifrit Inquisitor (Immolator) 1 ■ HP 8/8 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) CMD 14 | Init+2, Perception+1, Fort+1 Ref+2 Will+3 ■ Judgment 1/1, Spells 2/2, Firebolt 4/4

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 nope! i'm no good at any of those skills, haha.

Cherry grins at Cimri's description of the job offer. "That seems straightforward enough. No tricks, hm?" She laughs even though it's not much of a joke.

She briefly beings an attempt to scale the palisade outside the tannery, but can't find the footholds necessary and slips down to the ground again. Giving a sheepish smile to the others, she says, "Heh, sorry. I promise I've other talents."

Looking at Breeze, she muses, Too bad I'm not as nimble as that one looks. She'd met the little catfolk not too long ago but found her quite fascinating.


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

"Keep your head, Cherry. You'll get it next time.". Breeze hadnt known the ifrit long, but she knew she could trust the girl. That meant a lot. Honor amongst thieves, and all that.

Breeze moved to the oread's side. "Mind showing me the way in you found? If there's no other way in, I'd like to give it a good searching before we commit fully. I'm not taking a chance on getting pinched out here."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Breeze and Nyssene succeeded at checks and unlocked the Disable and Perception spoilers. Shiloh/Valrah and Cherry failed their checks. The Climb/Stealth and Knowledge (local) spoilers remain unopened. Aevelyn and Tavitha still have the opportunity to make checks if they desire.

The group assembled seems divided to two major camps, with Aevelyn, Shiloh and Nyssene being a group, and Cimri, Breeze and Cherry another, with Tavitha seeming a free agent in-between.

"Shouldn't be much of a guard presence", Cimri answers Aevelyn's first question. "Ol' Louslik's too stingy to hire much guards of his own, and unless we make a ruckus and dawdle, the sheriff's night watch should take its time getting here. I doubt the poor sod's got any magic, but it doesn't cost anything to be cautious, yah?" After a bit of a pause, she asks, "Everyone set, then, or you wanna gab some more?"

It is still possible to ask questions if you want more detail on anything mentioned.


CE Female Caligni Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/13 | F +5; R +2; W -2 | AC 15; T 12; FF 13

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Tavitha arrived on the night of the heist, which was really more of a smash-and-grab from the sound of it. She wore a simple shirt of hide armor and carried a massive pickaxe by the haft, her equipment bag slung low to rest at the small of her back beneath a well-crafted basket papoose. Her beloved Gloom was newly fed and cleaned, occasionally peeking out with his milk-white eyes that matched his mother's. Tavitha cooed sweetly in her soft-spoken native tongue, but fell silent as she approached the rest of the group that Cimri had gathered.

Tavitha recognized some faces but knew little about anyone in Longacre. She was new in town, but it hadn't much convincing for her to join in the burglary. Gold was gold, and her pockets were growing light.

She nodded to Cimri. "Ready," Tavitha said. "I tried the wall on the way over, it's not the easiest climb. That gap may be the better way in, but not the fastest way out."


Conditions: None AL NE Female Human Sorcerer 2 (Infernal Bloodline) HP 4/6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 13 | F -1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Per +2 |
Resources:
Corrupting Touch 6/6; 1st-Level Sorcerer Spells 4/5

OK since no one wants to attempt the Knowledge Local here, Aevelyn will give it a shot...

Knowledge, Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Aevelyn pauses, then nods as she recollects some of the scuttlebut she picked up from some of the lowly servants in town. "I have also heard only a small crew works nights at the tannery. However," She twirls her finger around in a circle to emphasize her next statement. "...the owner, Jabral Louslik, works well into the evening. We will need to wait until he has left before we proceed further. Also, there are a couple of elderly gong farmers who come and go throughout the night. Therefore, we will need to work quickly as well."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

"We got like ten people here", Cimri says, perhaps not impressing anyone with her math skills. "I'm sure there ain't gonna be nothing there to stop us, Louslik or not. But if you guys wanna wait it out, hey, no skin off my nose", she raises her hands up. "The longer we wait, the longer before that gold's in our pockets."

It's still early in the night, you might have to wait for hours. But that's a perfectly valid strategy too.


NE Changeling Female lvl 1 Unchained Summoner/ HP: 4 / SR 7 / BaB +0; CMB -2; CMD 7 / F -3, R +0, W +3 (+2 on saves vs. diseases) / spd 30ft / concentration is +7 / Init +0; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Perception +0 / Diplomacy +10 / Bluff +11

Still smiling but level her mix matched eyes at Cimri, We are seven not ten. Wouldn't bungling it keep the gold out of our pockets?

Shifting on her feet and tighten the cloak around her obscuring most of her form, Would it not be better to avoid all potential of conflict?


CE Female Caligni Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/13 | F +5; R +2; W -2 | AC 15; T 12; FF 13

Tavitha reflexively tightened her hand on her pick at the mention of a night crew and the owner's late hours. Much like Cimri, she didn't like the idea of waiting -- but wasn't keen on leaving witness either. "No sense waiting. Let's just hope Loose-lick and his crew are daft." She chuckled, with a hint of eagerness. "I ain't leaving witnesses alive."


NE Changeling Female lvl 1 Unchained Summoner/ HP: 4 / SR 7 / BaB +0; CMB -2; CMD 7 / F -3, R +0, W +3 (+2 on saves vs. diseases) / spd 30ft / concentration is +7 / Init +0; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Perception +0 / Diplomacy +10 / Bluff +11

Shifting to look at the odd looking woman, Considering your bundle would you not rather avoid a fight?


Inactive

Nysene eyed the others that the woman Cimri had assembled with some apprehension...a little awe in the case of the cat-person...and outright shock when she realizes that the tall, pale woman had brought along a baby.

"Are you crazy?" she hisses at the woman. "Why'd you bring your baby along? That's just asking for trouble!"


CE Female Caligni Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/13 | F +5; R +2; W -2 | AC 15; T 12; FF 13

Tavitha shifted her blank eyes to Shiloh. "All the more reason to kill them quick." She half-shrugged, careful not to disturb Gloom, and turned her attention to the one who protested the baby's presence. "Crazy is a mother who who would trust their child to a sitter. The only place safer than on my back is in my arms, and I need my arms right now," she said, calmly. Her lips turned into an oddly pleasant grin. "Look, if they don't come poking around or get in our way, I won't have to drive a pick through their chests."


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Breeze was moved beyond speech when she realized the bundle on the newcomer's back was actually a child. She and Cimri had been on several runs together, but for the life of her, she couldn't see what her old friend was thinking of with this one.

"So are we going in now, or are we waiting for a bit? I want the crew in agreement before we make a break. Once in go, we go all the way, no turning back."


Conditions: None AL NE Female Human Sorcerer 2 (Infernal Bloodline) HP 4/6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 13 | F -1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Per +2 |
Resources:
Corrupting Touch 6/6; 1st-Level Sorcerer Spells 4/5

Aevelyn's eyebrow raises up as her bodyguard voices what she herself felt in her heart. Seriously, she could not find a nanny to handle the child for a few hours? Still, the die is cast here...

Deciding to play peacemaker with the group here, she lays a hand upon her bodyguard's shoulder. "Please, Nysene, it will be OK. Miss Tavitha has shown herself to be competent here, and I trust her judgement here." She then gives the dark folk a meaningful look. "I would prefer no unnecessary bloodshed here. I do not wish to sully my hands on cleaning up your messes."

She turns her attention back to the catfolk. "I favor caution in all of my endeavors, yet as this is a new experience for me I would be willing to defer to your judgement."


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Breeze couldn't help but think about he old human saying 'Curiosity killed the cat.' For that reason, Breeze favored waiting a bit. "Aevelyn, do you trust the source of that information? If so, I say we wait until Jabral leaves. The gold will still be there, whether or not we encounter anyone or not. Let's try to minimize that risk."


Conditions: None AL NE Female Human Sorcerer 2 (Infernal Bloodline) HP 4/6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 13 | F -1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Per +2 |
Resources:
Corrupting Touch 6/6; 1st-Level Sorcerer Spells 4/5

Aevelyn sniffs in reply, "I believe the information is as reliable as those who provided me that information." She cannot hide the note of disdain in her voice. "I happen to agree with you here, we should wait." She looks over the rest of the group, "Does anyone else object to waiting?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I'm going to go by simple majority here -- with seven of you present, that's four:

Methodical and careful wait and observe
Aevelyn
Shiloh
Nyssene
Breeze

Quick smash and grab
Cimri
Tavitha

Cherry can fall on either side, but regardless the majority seems to favor the more careful approach, so you wait at least an hour or two, watching the goings-on. As you do so, you see a cart exiting, going back to town, then returning, then going out again, driven by two people. Breeze and Cimri, being locals, both know that that's Longacre's gong farmers, an elderly couple named Shaul and Pippa Umbre. They take care of Longacre's sewage, making rounds during the night picking up bowls left in the streets and bringing them to the tannery in their cart. Observing their schedule, it will be easy for you to make your move when they are at the tannery or out picking up sewage, according to your choice.


NE Changeling Female lvl 1 Unchained Summoner/ HP: 4 / SR 7 / BaB +0; CMB -2; CMD 7 / F -3, R +0, W +3 (+2 on saves vs. diseases) / spd 30ft / concentration is +7 / Init +0; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Perception +0 / Diplomacy +10 / Bluff +11

Shifting on her feet, I still like the waiting idea. Her eyes stay glued to the bundle with Tavitha. There is no anger only curiosity.


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

"The next time they go out, I say we make our move!"


Conditions: None AL NE Female Human Sorcerer 2 (Infernal Bloodline) HP 4/6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 13 | F -1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Per +2 |
Resources:
Corrupting Touch 6/6; 1st-Level Sorcerer Spells 4/5

Aevelyn drums her fingers on the chair impatiently. "Yes, I agree with Breezy here. I grow tired of waiting here."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

You've watched the tannery for a few hours, and the only activity you've really seen is the gong farmers going in and out through the gate. Once more, they go out to gather the town's waste. You now have at least four people (Cimri, Tavitha, Aevelyn and Breeze) in favor of making your move, constituting a majority. Now it's just a question of how to go in. Do you want to push the gate open (Breeze feels confident about being able to open the mechanism) or sneak through the gap in the palisade spotted by Nyssene?


Female Ifrit Inquisitor (Immolator) 1 ■ HP 8/8 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) CMD 14 | Init+2, Perception+1, Fort+1 Ref+2 Will+3 ■ Judgment 1/1, Spells 2/2, Firebolt 4/4

"There's nothing wrong with waiting, but let's not dilly-dally around here too long," Cherry says, looking slightly eager to get moving. "Breeze, you should go ahead and let us in."


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Breeze suggests using the gap in the palisade. "No reason making any excess noise," she whispers as she leads the others through the gap. Once through, she looked around, making sure they hasn't been detected yet.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


CE Female Caligni Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/13 | F +5; R +2; W -2 | AC 15; T 12; FF 13

After waiting a few hours Tavitha was eager to get moving. "The gap is fine," she said. "But take out the lock anyway. If we need to leave fast we got more than one way out."

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

If I can retcon a bit:

Breeze nods at Tavitha's suggestion. "That's a good though. If we are running, who cares if we make just a bit of noise?!"

Disable Device 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Then back to my last post, entering through the gap...


NE Changeling Female lvl 1 Unchained Summoner/ HP: 4 / SR 7 / BaB +0; CMB -2; CMD 7 / F -3, R +0, W +3 (+2 on saves vs. diseases) / spd 30ft / concentration is +7 / Init +0; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Perception +0 / Diplomacy +10 / Bluff +11

Agreeing with the motley group.That sounds reasonable. Then following after. Smiling when Valrah's voice hisses in her head Don't do something stupid.

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1Wow! the dice roller is not pleased. Sorry people.

Easily sliding though the gap with her thin frame but once through her foot gets caught and she lets out a small yep as she slams into the ground. Sighing into the ground and ignoring the cackling in her head. After a moment of sulking she stands back up. Offering no comment on the fall.


Conditions: None AL NE Female Human Sorcerer 2 (Infernal Bloodline) HP 4/6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 13 | F -1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Per +2 |
Resources:
Corrupting Touch 6/6; 1st-Level Sorcerer Spells 4/5

Aevelyn eyes the gap in the palisade dubiously, but once Shiloh has squeezed through (wincing at the noise she utters) she attempts to squeeze through...all the while looking for any signs their entrance have been observed...

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Still grumbling to herself, Nysene attempts to move as quietly as she can as the group begin squeezing themselves through the gap.

Idiot, bringing her baby to something like this. Babies make noise at the worst moments! And no care for its safety...does she bring it when she goes out to m-

Stealth: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (7) - 6 = 1
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

As she struggles to squeeze herself through the gap, her armor catches and makes an awful scraping and clanging sound as she wiggles and jiggles her way through the gap.

"What?" she hisses once she makes it through and sees the consternation on the others' faces. "This isn't what my armor is supposed to be for! And I'm sorry that I've spent my time trying to learn how to be a productive member of society instead of learning how to squeeze my backside through holes in fences," she continues defensively.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

I should have just pushed the damn gate open, Breeze thinks to herself as two of the group decide to make like rampaging aurochs in heat. She keeps her head on a swivel, waiting for any defenses for the place to spring into action.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Lol at those stealths. :) And here I thought nobody would beat Shiloh. :D Working on a post and should have something out within the next half hour or so.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I have uploaded a map: Louslik Tannery

Quote:

A1. Palisade and Gate

A log palisade surrounds the tannery. In places, gaps between the gray, dry-rotted trunks are wide enough to pass a hand through. To the west, a muddy trail slips beneath a plank gate similar to a barn door. These barriers do absolutely nothing to block the heavy stench of chemicals and dung drifting from within.

Breeze makes sure the gate is unlocked, after which the group proceeds to the gap in the palisade (A1a on the map), entering the yard (A2) through there.

Quote:

A2. Work Yard

Cart furrows and disturbing stains mar this muddy yard. Around the perimeter, murky water pools in rows of sunken tubs. Unspeakable muck encrusts each vat and half submerged skins float within. From these scabby concoctions drifts a sinus-assaulting reek -- a dizzying miasma of rotten eggs, lime, and far worse.

Roughly a third of the work yard is dedicated to the shipping of animal skins and leather. In the remainder, the disgusting process of preparing leather takes place. Numerous clay vats, buried in the mud, create reeking pools.

Craft (leather), Knowledge (local or nature) or Survival DC 14:
Characters who succeed at a DC 14 Craft (leather), Knowledge (local), or Survival check can explain that the process of creating leather involves soaking animal skins in urine to remove fat and fur and applying animal waste to make their textures more supple.

Characters without ranks in Craft (armor), Craft (leather), Profession (tanner), or similar related skills must succeed at a DC 12 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round, then sickened for 1 minute afterward, after which they acclimate to the tannery’s stench. Survival or Knowledge (nature) do not qualify.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

It turns out there's a watchdog in the yard. It comes from the direction of the central yard and has no problem whatsoever noticing your group after the noises made. It will attack. There is no surprise round.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

It has a fairly low initiative so you have a chance of doing something before it acts. Roll your own initiatives and if you beat the dog's you may post Round 1 actions.

I have placed tokens on the map for the dog and for each of you. I tried to use my best judgment based on your posting order and how melee you are to place you in some sort of sensible formation. The map's settings should be such that you can move things on the map, so if you're unhappy with my placement, feel free to adjust things. (And let me know if you can't move things, because that means I have some setting wrong somewhere.)

Knowledge (local) DC 10, for Local Tough DC 7:
Louslik’s guard dog Abbie dozes just outside the door to area A4. Abbie has been inseparable from Jabral ever since he rescued her from a dockside fighting pit in Remesiana. She’s well loved by the tannery’s workers and recognized by most of Longacre’s residents.


NE Changeling Female lvl 1 Unchained Summoner/ HP: 4 / SR 7 / BaB +0; CMB -2; CMD 7 / F -3, R +0, W +3 (+2 on saves vs. diseases) / spd 30ft / concentration is +7 / Init +0; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Perception +0 / Diplomacy +10 / Bluff +11

I for one am pleased that I am not the only one who did badly

Fort: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3 Poor Shiloh never stood a chance and nauseated sucks so much!

That smell hits her and after standing back up Shiloh doubles over and dry heaves.


med Eidolon LN Init +1; Senses darkvision 60ft, scent/ Perception +0 / AC 13, T 11, FF 12 / F +3, R +1, W +2 / BaB +1, CMB +5, CMD 16

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
I thought you nobles were supposed to be graceful. Grinning to herself at the mental growl she gets in response. Biting her tongue hard to stop the laugh that wanted to erupt when Shiloh starts to dry heave. With a grin she starts to move towards the gate to watch for anyone returning. You were warned. It told you it was bad.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Inactive

Fort (DC 12): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Kn. Local (DC 14): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Kn. Local (DC 10): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Round 1

Although Nysene immediately spots the guard dog charging towards the group, the smell from the tannery hits her like a runaway cart and she promptly vomits up the beef stew she'd had for dinner earlier.

"Th-think it's a pet," she gasps between the heaving of her stomach as she staggers away from the gap in the fence. "J-just knock it out or something!"


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Know local 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Fort save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Know local tough 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Breeze was prepared for that awful scent. "Yep, everyone in town knows that dog. If anyone can knock it out, that'd be great.". Breeze had no way to try to do so, so she could only attack with her claws.

She readies an action to attack he dog if it moved into melee range.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2


CE Female Caligni Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/13 | F +5; R +2; W -2 | AC 15; T 12; FF 13

Craft: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Tavitha hadn't expected such an awful smell until it hit her. She vaguely understood that tanning was an unpleasant process, but clenched her gut and tried not to breathe once the foul fumes surrounded them. And then there was a dog...

Tavitha quickly ignored the malodorous air. Her grip tightened on her pickaxe, and she scowled at the catfolk. "If everyone knew about the dog then everyone should have warned us," she said.

Not one for waiting, Tavitha rushed the dog to quickly silence it...though merely knocking it out wasn't her intention.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Charge +2, no rage, no PA.
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 If attack succeeds.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Moved Tavitha's token to melee range with the dog. Alas, Tavitha's attack is a miss.

Round 1 so far
22 - Breeze readies
17 - Tavitha charges, miss
09 - Nysene, nauseated
?? - Shiloh, nauseated
08 - Aevelyn, nauseated
05 - Dog, barks, attacks Tavitha

Cherry can post her Round 1 action retroactively. If her initiative goes before the dog, she may be able to prevent the dog's turn, but assuming she won't eliminate the dog, the following happens:

The dog begins barking loudly, then growls at Tavitha and tries to bite her!

Bite vs Tavitha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Tavitha has no problem defending against the dog's attack, however.


Conditions: None AL NE Female Human Sorcerer 2 (Infernal Bloodline) HP 4/6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 13 | F -1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Per +2 |
Resources:
Corrupting Touch 6/6; 1st-Level Sorcerer Spells 4/5

Fort save DC 12: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Aevelyn is completely unprepred for the stench that assaults her delicate senses, and empties the contents of her stomach off to the side, barely managing to avoid dirtying her clothes. Wiping her mouth quickly she sees the readies herself for the charge of the mangy dog, drawing her blade while keeping an eye out for any other guards where her magic would be more useful.

Round 1:
Move: Draw Dagger.
.
Talk about being useless here...

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Aevelyn sees no other guards. Everyone may post Round 2 actions. Cherry may post Round 1 actions retroactively as well.


NE Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 1 | AC 14/14/11 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+5,W+3 | Init.+3 | Perc.+6/+7* (traps) | Sneak Attack (1d6) | CMD 12 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Breeze charges to attack the dog as well.

Charging attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Damage 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1


CE Female Caligni Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/13 | F +5; R +2; W -2 | AC 15; T 12; FF 13

Tavitha wasn't too upset at her poor swing or the dog's attempt to bite her. It was far better that it bit instead of barked. She was still eager to put the pooch down quickly, of course...

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Conditions: None AL NE Female Human Sorcerer 2 (Infernal Bloodline) HP 4/6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 13 | F -1 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Per +2 |
Resources:
Corrupting Touch 6/6; 1st-Level Sorcerer Spells 4/5

After glancing about for the presence of any other guards Aevelyn turns her attention to the dog. Realizing one of her spells would be inaudible to those around it, she unleashes a sonic scream against it.

Round 2:
Standard: Cast Ear-Piercing Scream at the dog.
Sonic damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 and the target is dazed for 1 round, DC 15 Fort save negates the daze effect and halves the damage...Keep in mind the spell is inaudible to everyone except the target.

1 to 50 of 586 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Belles' Vengeance Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.