Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Rednal's Legendary Planet AP

Game Master Rednal

The Gash
---
Fort Buckle
---
Current Goal: Find the Opus Aeterna and learn how to repair Gates


2,401 to 2,450 of 2,458 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Incidentally, you can use Acrobatics to scoot along the ledge and cross. The animals are too large to do that successfully, though.

Peeking inside, this office seems damaged beyond repair — the scene of a considerable fight. A table and two chairs lay overturned, a third and fourth smashed to kindling, and some ceramic jars shattered with their contents spilled onto the floor. Blood also spatters the floor and walls, with crimson drag marks leading to a broken door in the southeast wall.


Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • Vincent tucked his shield away, did a few quick stretches, then slowly and carefully inched his way along the ledge.

    Let's go with a Take 10 for 10 Acrobatics. If I end up falling, I suppose that's what Feather Fall is for.


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    Isen moved into the room on soft feet, taking a look around for any clues or pertinent information as to what was happening here. The fact there was blood still present suggested it was relatively recent.

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    Phai indicates the drag marks, gripping the vicious spear as she follows Isen, trying not to make a sound as she gets into position next to the broken door.
    Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


    Doesn't your Take 10 give you a 9?

    As Vincent slowly started to move forward, he rapidly got the feeling that his armor was not helping matters - and indeed, might prevent him from safely moving forward.

    Inside the building, a battered metal strongbox sits beneath the overturned table, its lock broken and contents missing. Perhaps more relevantly, Isen also heard a slight sound from the next room.


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • Actually, should be Take 10 for 11. +2 from Dex, -1 from mithral breastplate, and I took off my shield, so no -1 there. The character sheet in my profile actually is applying the penalties for a medium load, but I'm not at a medium load anymore thanks to destroying my 100 lb anvil.


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    Reaching her position next to the Door, Phai carefully watches Isen for gestures or indications to try and determine their next course of action without actually using words.


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    I'm so sorry, I have no idea why I haven't posted here yet.

    Isen raised a finger to Phai, gesturing to the next room in a slow gesture and then his hear. He threw a look behind her, asking where Vincent was.


    Well, that's a weight off your shoulders, at least. ...Me, I tend to go by what's on the sheets. XD

    Vincent appeared to be having some trouble crossing the narrow surface - even without a big weight making things awkward, it was a little too precarious for someone to cross with a normal, average effort. A helping hand or three would probably be enough, though.


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    Isen moved to aid Vincent, and fill him in on what they'd found.


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • Let's just see what happens. If we have to, I'll climb a rope.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Yup.

    Vincent continued his attempts to cross the chasm only to immediately step on an edge that crumbled away beneath his weight. A well-practiced spell later, and the auttaine floated slowly downward and called out, "Perhaps a rope would be easier... maybe knotted... or I'll just build some stairs..."


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    With Vincent making noise outside, there was a good chance of something coming to investigate...if whatever was inside was interested in them. Not intending to ambush an unknown foe alone, Phai followed Isen and guarded the main entrance, her Spear ready to strike.


    Nothing ambushed you at the main entrance to the guardhouse - for now, at least, you appeared to be safe.

    Well, mostly. Vincent still needed that help getting up.


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • Once his friends were able to drop a rope down to him, Vincent climbed without too much effort.

    Take 10 for 12 should hopefully get me up a rope with a wall to brace on.

    "I definitely prefer asteroid hopping to trying cross gaps like this on a world with full gravity."


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    "Gravity isn't too bad once you get used to it," Isen replied with an ironic smile, well aware he more or less defied it at will. He didn't bother trying to haul Vincent up - his efforts would likely only make it harder. "Be aware, we have a blood stained room, an opened lock box that did not bother with a key or picks, and a noise nearby."


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    Seeing Isen had everything under control, and the animals were calm, Phai vigilantly held her position at the door. (Nothing ambushes us....I meant that I would not remain in ambush position alone, inside.) :) Waiting at the main door, ready to stab something coming out while waiting for the guys.


    Despite your vigilance as Vincent hauled himself up, nothing ambushed Phai by the door. Maybe there was nothing, or maybe it had been scared off by someone who was on guard. Who knew?


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • "Ok, so that was embarassing..." Vincent sighed as he finally reached the top. "If we weren't cut off from that strange power, I probably could have managed something better than tumbling awkwardly into a pit. Oh well, let's move forward shall we? You said there's a noise inside and evidence of violence? Better be safe..." Vincent fastened his shield back in place on his arm and moved cautiously toward the building. "The noise could have been someone hiding when the attack came... or something lying ready for ambush."

    Once the group was ready inside, Vincent moved to the broken door to open it.


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    Isen followed, ready to flank as needed.


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    "Well, if you are going front and center...", Phai whispers, stopping Vincent as he wanted to enter the building, casting Barkskin on him, "...may as well go in prepared if there's a chance of trouble."
    One hour, +3 to existing Natural Armor - I think we have a +1 Natural armor Enhancement from APB, so it would effectively only be +2 over what you have now. Still, every bit helps.


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • "Thanks, I agree. I'd rather avoid being diced to pieces. Takes too much work putting them back together," Vincent replied with a smile.


    More carnage lies inside the last chamber. The bodies of five bloodied humans form a garish pile in the northern corner, while two other corpses of hairless, hyena-headed humanoids (recognizable as gnolls) with pasty skin covered in primitive blue tattoos, lie at the center of the room. A third such creature sits propped against the east corner, three arrows protruding from its chest. For a moment, it seemed dead - then it coughed out some blood and let out an unfriendly snarl.


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    "Oh dear, those do look quite nasty." Isen moved over and squatted down, just out of attack range by any obvious weapons. "Now, I would like to try to heal you. I'd also like you to not to pull my arm off if I touch you. And given those arrows, I doubt anything I can do will be comfortable, so this will probably hurt. But if it works, you'll live. Are we clear?"


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    Phai, Spear in one hand, Bow in two, enters the room behind Isen, stepping aside at the entrance and taking in the scene:"Careful...with those wounds, I somehow doubt that he piled the humans up before propping himself against that corner. There may be more of his kind around, and we don't know what is going on here or if they can be reasoned with."...a moment later, she adds:"Does he have a necklace or other jewellery?"
    He would likely be dead already if he was a Ultari puppet, but checking wouldn't hurt...


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • Vincent scanned the room while Isen moved in to aid the fallen gnoll. "Can you understand our words?" he asked, repeating the question in Elali and Jagladine. Looking over the corpses, he looked for some clue as to how the battle had played out: who were the aggressors, what types of injuries, if any combatants had managed to flee the battle.


    He didn't appear to have any necklaces on him, though his fur was a bit thick. "Aye, I can understand you..." the gnoll growled weakly. "And I'm not dead yet, so piss off before I show you what a real warrior is like." He definitely sounded like he was unfriendly at the moment, and wary as all heck about your intentions.


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • "Well then, we have no intention of harming you. We would appreciate it if you could tell us what happened here, and who you are. We're here escorting a delivery. What's your name? Mine is Vincent, and this is Phai. My friend there trying to stitch you back together is Isen, and he's quite good at it, if you'll allow him. If you prefer, we can move on, though from the looks of your wounds you probably won't live long enough to recover your fighting strength again without aid. The choice is yours really."


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    "Oh, almost certainly," Isen added, agreeing with Vincent. "I can't imagine those arrows haven't punctured at least one of your lungs. Not that I'm much of a student at your races biology, you understand. But most humanoids are built along roughly the same lines. Of course, magic cares relatively little as to the extent of my understanding."


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    "Aye. Pissing off is a bit of a problem, because our delivery is kind of stuck due to the small gap in the pavement outside. We did hope to find assistance or help in here, but this looks slightly confusing. Care to enlighten us with your side of the story of what was going on here, while Isen patches you up?", Phai added in a friendly tone.
    "Also, he's most likely correct, you'll probably die without help, so try to relax a bit. We're just talking."
    Diplomacy(Assist Vincent): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 He didn't roll yet, but he talked, and I think we can try and get that 'unfriendly' up to indifferent or friendly, considering we're about to save his live.


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 = 34


    The gnoll stared at you for a few moments, then snorted slightly. "Bandits wouldn't talk so much." he said with a grunt of pain. "I was wrong to trust the white birdman and one-eyed assassin. Attacked this place for some plunder - my people have always raided to survive. Didn't work out as well as I'd hoped."


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    "In our defence, I have no idea who either of them are. We're new to this world." Isen looked at the others. Did he heal a raider? The man likely had blood on his hand.


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    "A raider, then? And betrayed by people you trusted? I know that tune, even if I have a different profession. Seems like you were used, to shut down this place. That inconveniences us, since we would likely have needed assistance in crossing. In a way, that puts us on the same side, with the white birdman and one-eyed assassin on the other team. You have any idea how we could get our cargo across?", Phai seems to relax slightly, but understands Isen's gaze. That person was likely a criminal...but beggars can't be choosers, and they were dangerously low on allies on this world - if whoever set them to raid this place was the same that got the Syandi to attack them earlier...then they had no shortage of enemies, it seemed.


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • Vincent motioned for Isen to continue as he spoke, "Situations like this can be great opportunities to learn, for those wise enough to recognize them. You say that your people have always raided, but how often do those raids end like this for either your people or your prey? I don't expect you to suddenly change your ways, but I hope you think about your experiences here in the future, and perhaps find another way to live.

    "For now though, could you tell us a bit about this birdman and assassin? It sounds like they were recent acquaintances, and goaded your people to attacking here? Any idea where they came from or where they went? Did they participate in the attack?"


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    Isen nodded, and tapped the Gnoll on the leg.

    Cure: 4d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5, 7, 8) + 5 = 27


    The gnoll looked like he was going to say something Vincent and Phai probably wouldn't want to tell their children, but relaxed - with a look of surprise and gratitude - when Isen healed him. His next words came easier than before, and with a little less wariness than before. "If it was me... I'd just take cargo across the dry riverbed." he said, pointing to the northwest. "Bridge is out, after all. Those two... they were off-worlders, new to this land. Told us tales of easy plunder, but betrayed us, the fools. Never got too close to them. As for how the raids end..." he glanced at Vincent. "Kill a man and things are done. Take what you need, though, and you can take from them again in the future. They don't want my people in towns, and this blasted world has few places where one can live off the land. Anyone who has a problem with people doing what they have to to survive can piss off."


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • Vincent considered his words and nodded. "I can understand that dire circumstances can lead to doing such things to survive, though I prefer to seek out a better way. Were you born on this world, or come from somewhere else. If you had the option for a new life on a different world, would you embrace it?"


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    Isen raised an eyebrow. It was certainly a novel version of sustainable farming, but given what he knew of Gnolls, it was actually better than the usual version. Normally they'd eat the people they were raiding as well as the actual food, or so he was given to understand. But he doubted the creature would want another way of life.


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    "Can you show us this dry riverbed? We are new to this land, as well. We could probably use a guide -", Phai offered. Considering they just saved the Gnolls life, she would have expected it to want to return a favor, but some racial mindsets operated vastly different from what she was used to. Mentioning a prospect of payment might be more likely to sway the creature.
    "Also, do you have a name? If you consider being hired, we should probably address each other - you know our names, but we don't know yours-"
    With this land proving dangerous and hostile over and over, Phai found herself drawn to the stoic pragmatism so common in her race - and no matter what the gnoll had done in the past, was doing here, or would choose to do in the future...he was a local and they could probably mutually benefit from a temporary cooperation.


    The gnoll looked at Phai for a moment, then out the door and towards the far wall. The river on that side was dry. "My people came from elsewhere. Like a lot of travelers, we didn't realize there was no way home. I am called-" he said something guttural in his native tongue, "-but you may find it easier to simply call me Shaghak. As for my life, I do what I must. Ideals do not feed your pups or protect your tribe."


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • "We have heard people mention that there's no way back the way we came, but we still hold out hope that there might be a way forward, a different planet or plane may still have a path available. If you'd like, you could join us in our journey there, provided you agree to put your life of pillaging life behind you. For now, you can be a caravan guard, helping us to transport and guard our cargo. Once we deliver, we'll focus our efforts on searching out clues for a way off this rock. Interested?"


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    Isen looked at Vincent, impressed. Oh, he'd store his own valuables in a pocket dimension to prevent any attempts at quitting with benefits, but it was a good idea, all the same.


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    "That, and we should very much like to know about the bird and the one-eye. I've no doubt they are no friends of ours, so do share whatever you remember, Shaghak...I have a feeling you may get revenge on them if you stick with us."
    Phai looks over at the corpse piles:"They are beyond help. Do your people have burial customs? I could perform the rites of my world...unless there is no chance they will raise as undead in this one?"


    "I appreciate the healing, but given how my last experience went, I hope you'll understand if I'm a little hesitant to follow people I don't know who are telling me they can give me what I want." the gnoll answered. "Besides, I am still packlord - if a way off this rock is found, my tribe and I will follow on our own schedule. Until then, I am needed."


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    "Oh, I can assure you it's not what you want - it's what we want." Isen smiled. "We simply happen to have the same desire on this occasion. But I can certainly understand your wish to remain with your pack." Assuming Gnolls had anything like the family and tribal structure he knew, at least.


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • "That is fair. Until then, I hope that you consider my words and try to make peace with those who share this place. If our paths cross like this again," Vincent motioned towards the blood and corpses, "do not expect our aid." The paladin held out a hand to aid the gnoll to his feet before heading back outside to check on the camels.


    Slayer 6 / Shaman 6 | Hierophant 1 | HP: 70/70 | Mythic Power -/5 | AC: 20 / T: 13 / FF: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +10 | Atk: +8 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | Init: +4(x2), Perception: +14(+3 vs Traps), Trap Sense
    Ongoing effects:

    Phai simply nods, a universal sign of understanding, to her knowledge.
    He seemed unwilling to join, nor to share further information, so there was nothing else to do. If he had a pack, his dead were their responsibility.
    The camels were Phais, and she followed Vincent silently.


    The gnoll hesitated slightly, then took Vincent's hand to get up.

    Your camels looked a bit nervous at being left alone, but were generally in good condition still. Looking to the north, you saw the dry riverbed as described - and while the sides were steep, they were still navigable.


    Male Elf Treasure Seeker Rogue 5/Orc Blooded Sorcerer 1 - Winter Witch 4 - Trickster 1 | HP: 46/50 | AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +4-1, Ref: +8, Will: +7; +2 Vs Enchantment | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Init: +4, Perception: +10 | Immune (Sleep)

    "Do you need anything else before we get on our way?" It seemed the right thing to do, and Isen felt a vague responsibility since he'd brought the Gnoll back from the brink.


    Pld6/Src6/Grd1 | HP:83/83 | AC: 25 / T: 13 / FF: 23 | Fort: +13, Ref: +10, Will: +10; +2 vs. mind-affecting, poison and effects causing exhaustion or fatigue | Immune: disease, fear | CMB: +9, CMD: 22 | Init: +2, Perc: +1
    Daily Abilities:
  • MP 5/5
  • Cure Light Wand 38/50
  • Smite 2/2
  • LoH 8/8
  • Sorc Spells 1st: 6/8, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 4/4
  • Pld Spells: Hero's Defiance, Honeyed Tongue, Grace
  • Status Effects:
  • Spell Storing Armor: Frigid Touch
  • Barkskin
  • Vincent carefully worked his way along the dried riverbed back to the camels, then led them back across to rejoin Isen and Phai.

    2,401 to 2,450 of 2,458 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rednal's Legendary Planet Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.