Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Rednal's Legendary Planet AP

Game Master Rednal

The Gash
---
Fort Buckle
---
Current Goal: Find the Opus Aeterna and learn how to repair Gates


1 to 50 of 2,518 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

This is a pretty important thread... best to have it available, yeah?


Male Elf Arc 1 / Slyr 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 19 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +3, Perception: +5 | Arcane Res. 1/4

Gameplay thread, saved.


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

Dotting


Next to a small shack, which squats at the edge of a wide, slow-moving river, a dead mule lies in the dirt, its body gashed with multiple wounds and covered in flies. Nearby, a flat-bottomed skiff rests along the north riverbank, grounded beneath a thick rope which spans the water. Across the river, a sign declares the small, lakeside village in the distance to be Holver’s Ferry. Much seems amiss, however, as the settlement appears deserted, and several of its buildings bear signs of having recently burned to the ground with plumes of white smoke still drifting lazily into the sky.

This is your first time visiting Holver's Ferry - word came out just a few days ago that something was going wrong here, and each for reasons of your own, you've come to investigate this area. Finding like-minded people on the road was a bit of a relief, though - few people truly wanted to investigate this place alone, and there's ever more evidence that every fear you had was well-founded indeed...

You are currently one square - fifty feet on the map in the description - north of the shack.


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

Arialora frowns at the dead mule. A corpse would never be allowed to rot in the sun like that in Greengold. The humans really are barbaric sometimes... she thinks. Then she considers the smoke Then again, perhaps there is no one left alive to handle it. This is a considerably less welcoming welcome than I had hoped for. The tall elven maiden turns to her traveling companion, Maverick. Her long forest-green, hooded cloak swishes lightly as she does.

"Ní bhaineann sé seo breathnú maith. Tá mé ag mothú ar bith réalteolaíocht a bhí muid ag pleanáil chun iarracht fhéadfadh fanacht. Cad a cheapann tú ba chóir dúinn a dhéanamh, Málo?" she asks him. Her voice sounds like wind rushing through a summer grove, punctuated by the gurgle of a brooke and the crackle of a warm fire.

Elven:
This doesn't look good. I have a feeling any astronomy we were planning to attempt may have to wait. What do you think we should do, Málo*?

*An elven term for a friend or companion.

While waiting for his response she murmurs an incantation and her eyes begin glowing viridian. She concentrates and scans their surroundings for any lingering magical clues as to what might have happened here.

Casting detect magic and taking a look around. Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

The plumes of smoke were the first thing to catch Eliphas attention. Holver's Ferry, as the name implied, was situated next to a river. Widespread fire destroying several buildings was unlikely in such a locale, considering the easy and unlimited access to water.
The dead mule seemed to confirm his suspicion that hostilities of some kind were the reason for the smoke and made efficient fire-fighting impossible.
Just what was going on here. At least it seems the ferry is still operational.

Upon hearing the Elf woman he met on the road while travelling to this locale speak to her companion, Eliphas could not help but frown slightly. She spoke in their mutual tongue, and to an extent, he could understand their desire to do so, but all the same, it seemed inpolite to exclude him even if it was unconsciously: "Ég ætla að kíkja á þetta mule . Kannski getum við fundið út hversu mikið tími liðinn síðan það gerðist here-"

Sylvan:
I'm going to take a look at this mule . Maybe we can find out how much time passed since what happened here-

Eliphas slowly approaches the Mule, keeping his eyes on the Shack, in case who- or whatever killed the animal is still around.
Perception, watching Shack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Of course, my first roll is a grandiose _natural 1_
If he arrives there without any interruptions: "Halda vörð á meðan ég reyni og læra meira "

Sylvan:
Keep watch while I try and learn more.

Heal to find out how long the mule has been dead and how it died(weapon? Claws?...): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

"I am checking for magical auras," Arialora says. She feels a bit embarrassed that she had forgotten Eliphas could not speak Elven. Over a century in Kyonin took more than a few days to wear off apparently. You must pay closer attention, Lora.


Male Elf Arc 1 / Slyr 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 19 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +3, Perception: +5 | Arcane Res. 1/4

...and then if I align the primary focusing lens with the arcane resequencer, I should be able to—
Having been lost in thought, Maverick seems to come to his senses suddenly and blinks as he takes a look around him. "Oh, I'm quite sorry, I wasn't paying attention. This looks quite bad. What could have happened here?"

Do I know anything about local enemies of the town, such as marauding tribes or anything else that may have caused this?
Kn. Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Kn. Geography: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"I think you're right Arialora, it would be dangerous to be looking to the stars when an enemy may be right beside us." he says, as he begins to move cautiously towards the shack while looking for clues.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Holver's Ferry has always been a fairly quiet town - rather boring, truth be told, which is half of the reason many of the residents wanted to stay. In a world full of openings to the Abyss, devil-led nations, insane ice queens, and endless bureaucracy (darnit, Taldor!), there was something... refreshing about boredom. Clearly, though, things were getting much less boring...

As Maverick and Eliphas came within thirty feet of the shack, however, there was a rustling sound from inside... and four wild-eyed men staggered out of it. Each was carrying a farming tool covered in a slick red liquid, and they let out a hoarse cry as they caught sight of the three of you - Maverick and Eliphas 30 feet away, Arialora 50 feet.

Initiative (Men): 1d20 ⇒ 15
Initiative (Arialora): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Initiative (Eliphas): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Initiative (Maverick): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

And it looks like only Maverick is quick enough to do something! Everyone, please check this alias' profile by clicking on my name and read the 'Combat' section at the bottom. This provides an overview of how I run combat in PbP games, and the information there will be in effect throughout this game.

For the rest - Arialora, there are a few sources of magic in the shack, but you're not able to pinpoint details quite yet. Eliphas, you're not able to examine the corpse in detail before you're interrupted, but the wounds do look consistent with edged weapons.


Male Elf Arc 1 / Slyr 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 19 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +3, Perception: +5 | Arcane Res. 1/4

Noticing the blood-slicked farming implements, Maverick cautiously loosened a chakram in case the men turned violent as he called out to them, "Hey there! What's happened to Holver's Ferry? We were surprised to find the smoke and this slain animal."

Ready an action to throw the chakram if the men decide to attack.

If they attack:
Chakram: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25, Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17,Extra Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


The four men let out angry, almost animalistic roars as they charged Maverick. One of them hit the ground a moment later as a Chakram cut deeply into his chest, but the other three closed in and lashed out with their weapons - looking like they hadn't even noticed what had happened to their companion.

Melee (Maverick): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Melee (Maverick): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Melee (Maverick): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Two of them actually managed to plunge their tools into Maverick - one striking out with a farming hoe, the other with a sickle once used to cut crops.


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

Still looking at the mule as he and Maverick approach the Shack, Eliphas seems completely surprised by the four mens sudden appearance and hostile actions. He steps towards them and attempts to hit them, but as he moves, his robe is caught in a twig, throwing him slightly off-balance and making his blows fall short in a sequence that would seem more appropiate during a bards slapstick performance rather than a martial arts fight for survival.

Flurry 1 Nonlethal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 - for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Flurry 2 Nonlethal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 - for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Seriously? 4 rolls, 3 1's? Should have fought defensively -_- oh well, maybe one of them will laugh himself prone.


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

Arialora reacts without thinking once her companion comes under attack. She steps back from the men and into an archery stance. She raises her hands and a bow of ethereal flame bursts into appearance, with a fiery arrow nocked. She draws the arrow in one smooth motion and fires it at the closest man.

5’ step back.
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 4 = 10
Fire Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Elf Arc 1 / Slyr 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 19 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +3, Perception: +5 | Arcane Res. 1/4

Maverick staggered back a step from the blows and drew another chakram. Weapons at the ready, he reached out with his mind to the fabric of magic hidden throughout the world and tugged the threads apart, calling forth a golden bird where he stood a moment ago.

With a piercing cry, the eagle fiercely attacked the men.

The eagle attempts to smite evil, damage bonus (1) not included.
Talon 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Talon 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Celestial Eagle Stats:
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12
hp 5/5
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2


Yidhra: *Amused look from on high* Let's give the enemy some bad luck, then...

Both of Eliphas' blows went wide - though at least he wasn't provoking attacks of opportunity as his kicks missed. Arialora's flaming arrow thudded into one of the men - damaging but not dropping him - and Maverick's bird knocked him down a moment later (after successfully smiting the man) before biting out at a second. That left two of the villagers standing, one of them injured, and both seemed utterly oblivious to the pain or danger as they struck out at the wounded Maverick.

Melee (Maverick): 1d20 ⇒ 1
Melee (Maverick): 1d20 ⇒ 9

Bereft of the benefits of charging, both of their swings failed to be harmful - one of them being particularly inaccurate, as the farmer almost dropped his tool after hitting one of the thickest points of the leather.


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

Regaining his composure after his robe got freed, Eliphas steps closer(or in a flanking position if possible, not calculated below) and remembers his training. Both his hits strike true, drawing the air from his enemies lungs. I hope he will regain his senses later, and answer questions...this does not seem natural behaiviour...if his foe goes down, Eliphas will call out to the last one:"Stand down. You have failed, and your allies are down. Yield and stop this madness!"

Flurry 1 Nonlethal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 - for - Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Flurry 2 Nonlethal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 - for - Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
ah, now I understand...flurry is always the same die roll ^_^


Male Elf Arc 1 / Slyr 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 19 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +3, Perception: +5 | Arcane Res. 1/4

Maverick managed to avoid more attacks and sidestepped into a flanking position against the last villager. After carefully studying his opponent, he made a quick strike with his dagger.

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17, Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

If an opponent is still standing:
The golden eagle continued to defend its master with a whirlwind of feathers and talons.

Talon 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Talon 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

Uhhh...did Maverick and Eliphas have any effect? Was waiting for some kinda round update I guess.


Generally speaking, I do not provide mid-round updates. I never know exactly when people are going to post, and if I can't be consistent in doing it, I'd rather not do it at all - especially because things would slow down a LOT if each of you waited on me after each action. ^^ If you think something might have a major effect, I suggest writing contingencies - "If X worked, I'll do Y, if not, I'll do Z".


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

Well considering there are two left, one damaged, and Eliphas and Maverick both hit, I thought it was not out of the realm of possibility that they are already dead.

Arialora raises her hands again, and fires at the last remaining villager with her fiery bow.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 -4 if firing into melee
Fire Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Edit:Wow, the dice hate me.


To clarify, I often don't even LOOK at the gameplay thread until everyone's posted. I GM quite a few games, and this helps me keep track of who I need to resolve things for. ^^ When in doubt, post! ...Or post in the Discussion thread asking me to look in.

Working together, the three of you were able to bring down the two remaining villagers, one of them bleeding rather more heavily than the other as their bodies collapsed. Throughout it all, there was no sign of what had driven them to their actions - indeed, there was never even a point where they looked at you as people instead of targets... and the town on the other side of the river remained eerily quiet.


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

Arialora feels the tension hit her like an ox cart as the battle ends. She had killed a man! The elven maiden begins shaking like a leaf in the wind. She barely remembers to speak Taldane, and her accent comes through strongly.

"What in the name of Calistria's t~#@ was that? Those men were acting like wild beasts!" She looks at the bloody corpses with horror on her face. "They made us kill them!"

Arialora tears up, clearly not used to this kind of situation, despite her combat training. Never in my tens of decades have I seen such brutality, such violence. Is this what life is like on the road? She puts one hand over her mouth, possibly to hold in any more exclamations and tries to get a hold of herself.


Male Elf Arc 1 / Slyr 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 19 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +3, Perception: +5 | Arcane Res. 1/4

"Aria, they're not dead yet. Give me a hand and we can tend their wounds." Maverick said as he sheathed his dagger and moved to the most grievously wounded man. "After we keep these men from slipping away, we can try to figure out what drove them to attack like this."

Heal to stabilize: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

After a few moments of circling overhead, the golden eagle fades into light.


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

Arialora nods. "Okay....yeah..." she says. She kneels down and attempts to help Maverick with bandaging their wounds. She does so tensely, ready to burn them up should they attack again. "Cut their clothes to make bandages," she instructs, her training taking over...

Take 10 on heal for a 15 to save any that can be saved.


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

First they use lethal force without even giving them a chance to back off, then they almost cry about the effect they had. Is this a cultural thing of Kyonin? He's just puzzled, that's not criticism. Hard to transmit meaning clearly so clarifying
"I'll take care of them...they will live. Does one of you have a rope?"
Eliphas will also move quickly to stabilize the other 3, then makes sure the one he managed to knock out is restrained(if necessary, looking in the shed for something to use to this effect, such as a rope to tie him up).
After that, Eliphas will resume checking the Mule, then joins Lora and Rick in taking a closer look at the inside of the shed, wondering if there are any clues explaining the men's strange behaiviour.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Maverick wasn't doing particularly well at stabilizing people - perhaps humans were simply too different from elves. Arialora's touch was a bit better for this sort of matter, though, and eventually three of the four were out of immediate danger and carefully bound together. The fourth had been killed instantly by the chakram strike. As the elven woman worked, however, a few details of their condition started to become clear - all four of the men looked ill, and on top of that, they'd clearly been far less vital than farmers of their age should have been. Plenty of strength, but almost no endurance at all.

The mule, once it was finally possible to examine it in safety, had definitely killed by multiple strikes - and the wounds were consistent with farming tools, not true weapons. The inside of the hut was even less pleasant - though it was hard to tell because of how many pieces were scattered around, a man had been killed and torn apart within, and blood covered most of the floor. The head was one of the few intact pieces - it was still warm, and the man's expression was twisted into one of horrific agony.

Magic had been detected within the shack before the madmen came out, and a stomach-churning search eventually turned up an unlocked, wooden strongbox from under a bunk in the tiny shack. It contained 19 SP, 57 CP, and two bottles marked as a potion of cure light wounds and an elixir of swimming. A spear was mounted on one wall, and a loaded light crossbow with a quiver of nine crossbow bolts rested atop the bunk.


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

"It appears to have been illness which drove them to it...to think, we might be infected ourselves. We must determine the source of this infection immediately, we might be able to devise a cure then."


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7
Eliphas Diomedes wrote:

First they use lethal force without even giving them a chance to back off, then they almost cry about the effect they had. Is this a cultural thing of Kyonin? He's just puzzled, that's not criticism. Hard to transmit meaning clearly so clarifying

"I'll take care of them...they will live. Does one of you have a rope?"
Eliphas will also move quickly to stabilize the other 3, then makes sure the one he managed to knock out is restrained(if necessary, looking in the shed for something to use to this effect, such as a rope to tie him up).
After that, Eliphas will resume checking the Mule, then joins Lora and Rick in taking a closer look at the inside of the shed, wondering if there are any clues explaining the men's strange behaiviour.
[dice=Perception]1d20+9

"Yes, I have a rope," Arialora replies.


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

"It could well be you are right. They acted like stupid beasts, less smart than any animal, who would look out for it's own survival. The question then should be: How is that illness transmitted?"

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Their behaiviour was similar to what I heard about mindless undead. Trying to find out if this could be some kind of necromantic disease.
Another 1, of course...

Heal to take a look at Maverick: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Trying to see if the wounds he took seem unusual, react/act unusual, otherwise basic care.
Oh, a 2, much better...

The one man who was only knocked out, Eliphas attempts to restrain separately, and moves him a bit away from the others, making sure he is immobile. Then, with Maverick close, a wave of healing washes over them as Eliphas channels positive Energy. 1d6 ⇒ 4
If the man comes to, will try to interrogate him/get information out of him.
If he seems mindless and does not seem to react to outside stimuli in an intelligent way, and Arialora and Maverick have no business with him, I would knock him out again(nonlethal coup-de-grace).
"Whatever it is that has afflicted these man, I fear Holver's Ferry was not saved by being across the river. We should lock them up and then get over and find out how bad it is."
While waiting for the others, Eliphas attempts to check if the Rope-Ferry is in proper working condition/get it ready.


Male Elf Arc 1 / Slyr 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 19 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +3, Perception: +5 | Arcane Res. 1/4

"Thank you, Eliphas," Maverick says as his wounds close up before striding across to recover his chakram and whisper a short prayer for the man struck by it.

After searching the shack, Maverick looks to his companions and says, "Just to be on the safe side, let's check that these potions aren't mislabeled."

Spellcraft on potion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Spellcraft on elixir: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

From the evidence I can see here, can I determine anything about the cause of their madness? I have these knowledges: arcana, engineering, geography, history, local, nature, planes, religion.
Knowledge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"I'm afraid you may be correct. Despite the horrific state of the shed, it's probably the safest place for them in their current state, lest wild animals come and find them. Just in case, we should probably place anything they might use as a weapon on the roof of the shack as well. If they continue to act as beasts and manage to break free, they may not notice them up above and should be less dangerous. Hopefully we can find someone across the river who can tell us what happened here."


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

"To be honest, I would take any weapons, improvisable or real, inside the Shack and those they used with us. If there is trouble in the village, having that crossbow may mean the difference between life and death for a civilian. If it turns out things are not as bad as I fear, we can still leave them on or near the Rope Ferry, way out of their reach."


Unfortunately, none of you are able to pinpoint much else about whatever caused these men to act the way they had - or whether or not the brutal combat had affected you in ways not yet obvious. Maverick was unable to properly identified the potion labeled as one of healing, but the elixir seemed to be exactly what it was labeled as.


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

"I am more comfortable with my magic than steel," Arialora replies. "But we could sell the weapons later if nothing else."

I only have 9 str, if one of you is stronger you should carry the weapons.

Once they are done investigating the corpses and the shack, Arialora checks the ferry joins Eliphas in checking the ferry to see if the rope is intact, and the raft safe.

Take 20 on perception, thoroughly examine the ferry.


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

Taking a look at the body of the man who was killed by these attackers, Eliphas nods pragmatically:"I don't think their previous owner will have any more need of them, nor does it seem they did him much good. Let us hope that nobody is in need of these weapons and we get to sell them. That's definitely better than leaving them here."

Once Arialora takes over examining the ferry, Eliphas will move the weapons and anything that could be an improvised weapon on board. Then he will try and find a way to barricade the Shack from the outside, if thats reasonably possible, before taking one final look at the attacker they had to kill, looking for any clues about where he came from.


The dead man appears to be no more and no less than a local farmer, in his late thirties or early forties. The ferry, on the other hand, is wide and flat - bit enough to easily hold two wagons side-by-side. The good news? It's more than big enough to hold the three of you and everything you've got, and it's in excellent condition. The bad news? It will clearly take a lot of strength to get you to the other side if you want to use the rope...

You three can make one Strength check each, and the total result will determine your success. Alternatively, you can try piloting the boat - or untying it from the rope and hoping the current can carry you to the other side, though this would make it considerably harder to get back.


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

Strenght: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

Strength Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Male Elf Arc 1 / Slyr 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 19 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +3, Perception: +5 | Arcane Res. 1/4

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

After helping move the weapons, Maverick climbs into the boat and helps pull along the rope. "Taking the serviceable weapons with us does make sense, and I hadn't thought to just put the rest in the ferry. That would indeed put them out of reach."


With little discussion and nods all around, the three of you start heaving, and with a surprising amount of ease you're able to haul the ferry across fifty feet of water and come to a rest on the other side.

On this side of the river, there's a well-worn path leading forward, but the village is eerily quiet and almost deserted. Just ahead, you can see the closest residence (A2 on the updated map). This modest farmhouse and adjacent barn overlook several vegetable gardens and a large field of grain. In front of the farmhouse stands a wagon half-loaded with provisions and personal belongings. Two stout horses, hitched to the wagon, stamp their hooves impatiently, straining against its brake.


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

"We have to assume that anyone left here might be infected. I would suggest a stealthy approach. If one of you wants to investigate the wagon and house, I can cover you from range," Arialora says. "After that scene in the shed, I feel like lethal force is necessary with the infected." Can't believe I'm saying that. The world is really a dangerous place. Am I becoming a killer so quickly?


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

"You may be right. I intended to shout out loudly before making landfall, so that people who are not ill could respond. But that may just signal our arrival to any of these...infected on this side of the river. I shall go take a look...as for lethal force, do try to keep it to a minimum. If you could distract them with a shot or two, maybe that will give me an opening to knock them out."
As in, lets try and "spread" damage out a bit if possible, if you two don't focus someone down I may get there and do nonlethal

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Eliphas then sneaks towards the wagon, and looks for traces of the owners...(slowly approaching the farmhouse, I guess)
Someone was in the process of loading this wagon...the horses are still alive, unlike that mule. So the owners may well still be normal, too. Maybe they can provide some answers about whats going on here...
If there are no signs of hostile entry at the door, Eliphas will knock before opening it a tiny bit and saying "Hello"(not shouting, just loud enough to be audible inside)


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

Lora follows thirty feet behind Eliphas, ready to send a flaming arrow at any more rabid villagers that might pop out of the house.


Nobody popped out of the house - that was reserved for the wagon out front, where upon your approach you could see a man holding a shovel - with a woman and a toddler behind him. Unlike the farmers from earlier, however, he looked quite sane. "Hold on there, strangers. Keep your distance, if you please - I don't want to have to hurt anyone." he said cautiously, tightening his grip on the shovel.


Male Elf Arc 1 / Slyr 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 19 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +3, Perception: +5 | Arcane Res. 1/4

"Oh thank goodness. After the initial welcome we got across the river, my friends and I feared the worst." Maverick sighed.

Quickly sheathing his weapons, he continued in a calm voice, "Please, allow us to introduce ourselves. I am Maverick Silidar, and these are my traveling companions, Arialora and Eliphas. We were traveling here hoping to do some research, but we have noticed that you seem to have some more pressing concerns than sating a traveler's curiosity. Do you have any idea what's going on and might we be of assistance?"


HP: -2/12 | AC: 12 / T: 12 / FF: 10 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +3 (+2 vs enchantments) | R. Touch: +2 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | Init: +2, Perception: +7

"As friend Maverick says, we come in peace," Arialora confirms. She smiles and shows her hands to make it clear there she is unarmed.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 17


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

Eliphas shows his open palms, to proof he is unarmed, then reveals his holy symbol hanging from a chain around his neck.
"I'm but a humble travelling priest, and mean you no harm. My travelling companions indeed were headed here to do research, I was sent by my superior to investigate what is going on here...so if you would kindly spare some time letting us know what frightens you so, that would be wonderful. We do have a Spear at the ferry we could offer in compensation if you think it would help you feel more at ease when you are armed properly."
On those last words, Eliphas looks at the Elves for signs of approval-

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

Weird....I posted 3-4 minutes before you, but my post is after yours, Arialora...this board surprises me again and again


The farmer continued to hold onto his shovel as he regarded the three of you - his wife and child remained behind him, clearly more than a bit nervous.

"A sickness hit town a few weeks ago. It weakened a lot of folks and clouded their minds. A bunch of them went mad. Some just shut down and babbled like idiots, but others were much worse. They either killed themselves or started killing each other. It was a bloodbath! I bet half the folk who lived here are dead now — most of them dragged from their homes or cut down in the streets. A few buildings burned, too, including House Formidable and the lumber mill. The only good news I see is that you brought the barge over - my family and I can finally escape this hell-hole."


Male Elf Arc 1 / Slyr 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 19 / T: 17 / FF: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +3, Perception: +5 | Arcane Res. 1/4

"Of course, it does seem that it might be best to get away for now. Have any of the members of your family shown signs of the illness? If so, you may want to avoid travelling far, or you may risk spreading the sickness to those that you meet. If you do leave, I hope you don't mind us accompanying you, so that we can bring the ferry back to this side after you made your escape, lest we find ourselves trapped here after you've left. I'd also advise staying well away from the shack on the other side. Our welcoming committee should be no threat to you now, but it's probably best to stay away from them."

Maverick paused for a few moments in thought before adding, "Before you leave, perhaps you could answer a few questions? Do you know anything about when the sickness first hit? Were there any foreign travelers that came to town around that time? Is anyone of any authority still alive in the town that we might speak to? A mayor, or sheriff perhaps?"


HP: 12/12 | AC: 14(16x3) / T: 10 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4*, Ref: +0, Will: +1* (* various boni apply) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 | Init: +6, Perception: +0 (Darkvision 90ft +Lowlight-Vision) | Perception 4(Darkvision 60ft)

Eliphas slowly approaches with the intent of sitting down at the wagon, and addresses the Farmers wife: "So, I take it you are not the first to flee? Or were people trapped without the barge? If so, where did you plan to go with this loaded wagon...is there a refuge camp of survivors? I also expect you will have no objections to a full medical check on you and your family, to make sure you are all healthy? I fully understand your need to get away from here, but you, as all of us, may need some time quarantined away from other people, to make sure none of us transmit this sickness."

If the farmer threatens him, he will stand there, make a "calm down"-gesture and proceed talking. If the farmer attempt to hit me with the shovel instead, I'll try and disarm him before he swings(=Ready action if allowed)

1 to 50 of 2,518 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rednal's Legendary Planet Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.