Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Redelia's Ironfang Invasion (high power table)

Game Master Redelia

map


201 to 250 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

It takes two trips back and forth for Ira to completely put out the fire.

Valasca almost takes down the greasy hobgoblin.


M Bugbear Monk Unchained 1 HP:11/11|AC:18 (20)|T:15/17|FF:16/18|CMB+6|CMD:21|Fort:+5|Ref:+5|Will:+2|Init:+3|Perc:+6|M ove 30

Korvac returns the favour to his opponent swing for the fences with a punch

unarmed strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

unarmed strike: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human (Ulfen) Werebear Ranger (Beast Master) 1

I actually don't threaten the spaces around me, since I only have a reach weapon drawn.

Hoping the lizard woman can handle the Hobgoblin behind him, Cnut brings his long-handled axe down on the hobgoblin to his front.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17
Attack: 1d10 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

After dealing with the hobgoblin to his front, he steps up and turns around to worry about the other. Five foot step away from the one at my back


Male Wyvaran Slayer 1 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W +1 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 CMD 17 | Init: +3 Perception: +5 Fly: +7

Unless something dramatically changes, I'll go ahead and commit to that for the next few turns.


Korvak's swing misses his opponent. Cnut takes down his hobgoblin in one swing.


Just waiting for Lillie.


Lillie moves to have a clear line of fire on the last remaining hobgoblin one square north-east of Korvak
And shoots at the last remaining enemy

attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 11
damage : 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 7


Lillie's arrow misses the hobgoblin and gets stuck in the wall.

The hobgoblins tries to move.
acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

He climbs out of the grease and moves up to Cnut. He wiggles and wriggles to avoid an attack of opportunity.
acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Valasca and Cnut both get attacks of opportunity.

If the hobgoblin survives the AoO:

The hobgoblin attacks Cnut
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
The hobgoblin misses.


Male Drow Sorcerer 1 | AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 13 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs enchantments)| SR 7 | HP 6/6 | Init +3 | Perception +2; darkvision 120 ft, light blindness | Tremor 5/7 |
SLAs:
dancing lights 1/1, darkness 1/1, faerie fire 1/1, feather fall 1/1, levitate 1/1
Spells:
1st-level 2/4

Seeing as there's only a single hobgoblin still standing, Arcavic mutters about being wet then takes his own cloak and goes over to the trough, using it in the way Ira did, before he moves over to the building with it and levitates up to the roof to dump water on the fire.

It'll probably take me two rounds, but I figure it'll get the fire out quicker than Ira alone.


Arcavic and Ira get the fire put out (in round 3, which is just starting) because Arcavic brings water over, and Ira dumps it.


M Bugbear Monk Unchained 1 HP:11/11|AC:18 (20)|T:15/17|FF:16/18|CMB+6|CMD:21|Fort:+5|Ref:+5|Will:+2|Init:+3|Perc:+6|M ove 30

If the hobgoblin survives the AoO Korvak moves to it and strikes at it

If the hobgoblin does not survive Korvak will move to the door and attempt to open and then if it is locked he will strike it

Unarmed strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Unarmed strike damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Lizardwoman Ceric of Gozreh 1st level

Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 142d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 = 11

"I don't take joy in this, but your lot started this fight. These people have been kind to us."


Male Human (Ulfen) Werebear Ranger (Beast Master) 1

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d10 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

Drat.


As in the spoiler above, the hobgoblin swings his sword at Cnut, but misses. Korvak punches at the hobgoblin, but his aim is off.

Valasca, Cnut, and Lillie, you may post your normal turn.


Male Human (Ulfen) Werebear Ranger (Beast Master) 1

"Enough of this." Cnut says. With no more warning, he begins to convulse, and a scream escapes his lips, but quickly transform into an animal roar as thick, ruddy fur springs from his skin, his face elongates into a large muzzle, and his fingers contract even as his nails elongate into fearsome curved claws and his form enlarges.

In moments, where once stood an unkempt man, there now stands a beast, a hybrid of man and bear. The bear-man snaps viciously at the remaining hobgoblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 8 + 2 = 15

Move Action to change to Hybrid form, then Standard to attack.
I'm tired of only having a reach weapon, lol.


Female Lizardwoman Ceric of Gozreh 1st level

2 rounds left of being large. With a frustrated hiss, Valasca drops her spear (free action) and moves forward (5ft step) slashing with her claws and biting at the hobgoblin (full round attack action)

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
claws: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
claws: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

If that takes us out of combat she'll drop size and go get her spear.


Cnut and Valasca both find themselves unable to harm the last hobgoblin.

Lillie, you're up.


Lillie aims carefully to hit the last remaining hobgoblin between the giant lizard-woman and the man-bear-thing that are trying to maul it to death.

shooting into melee: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 7
damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 9

will anyone be ever be able to hit this hobgoblin?


Female Lizardwoman Ceric of Gozreh 1st level

I'm confused I hit this same Hobgoblin on an 18 up thread but missed on that last roll that was a 19 for 5 damage?


Valasca Fairscales wrote:
I'm confused I hit this same Hobgoblin on an 18 up thread but missed on that last roll that was a 19 for 5 damage?

Ah, I see, I misread your posts because you put the attack and damage on the same line. I was wondering why all of your attacks were so low!

Valasca's slash with her claws brings down the final hobgoblin.

enemies are dead, fire is out, building is still baricaded. What do you guys do next?


Male Wyvaran Slayer 1 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W +1 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 CMD 17 | Init: +3 Perception: +5 Fly: +7

"Fire's out," Ira reported returning to the ground with a flap of his wings. He handed Korvak back the soaked cloak he had borrowed. "Uh, sorry about the cloak?"

Looking about he glanced to the others, "Someone other than me should try talking to the ones inside. We've already established I'm not so good at getting folk to come out from behind locked doors and barricades."


M Bugbear Monk Unchained 1 HP:11/11|AC:18 (20)|T:15/17|FF:16/18|CMB+6|CMD:21|Fort:+5|Ref:+5|Will:+2|Init:+3|Perc:+6|M ove 30

Korvak takes the cloak... "It was a good idea, hopefully you saved the people inside, small price to pay."

Korvak also tries helping to get the people inside to open up

"I'm Korvak and the hobgoblin outside is down, we need you to come out so we can all escape."


I'm going to need either a diplomacy or intimidate roll from those trying to coax people out. By the way, I allow an aid another roll on one of these skills to aid the other skill. I mean, how else do you model the effectiveness of a good cop/bad cop routine? :)


Female Lizardwoman Ceric of Gozreh 1st level

Spitting out the mix of blood and grease from her claw. Then knocks on the door.
This is why I hate using my natural weapons,

Diplomacy, untrained with a bonus from guidance: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

"Come on out we have to run, there's too many Ironfang legion about. We've helped Vane Oreld and Aubrin get to my camp, you're our last stop they have a lot of troops moving in there's no time to dally."

hopefully soemone will aid another and get that up to a 15.


Male Drow Sorcerer 1 | AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 13 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs enchantments)| SR 7 | HP 6/6 | Init +3 | Perception +2; darkvision 120 ft, light blindness | Tremor 5/7 |
SLAs:
dancing lights 1/1, darkness 1/1, faerie fire 1/1, feather fall 1/1, levitate 1/1
Spells:
1st-level 2/4

Arcavic goes to the door and says, "Hello? My name is Arcavic, I live here in town. We've killed the hobgoblins outside the building. We are trying to evacuate as many people as possible from the town to go hide in the woods. If you would come out, we'll help you get there and keep you safe. Sound good to you?"

Diplomacy, Unbreakable Survivor: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28


Female Lizardwoman Ceric of Gozreh 1st level

Oh wow that drow speaks pretty, I should let him do the sweet talking... too bad he's not a reptile. Though Ira's firefighting was also really brave.

Valasca visibly steps aside and walks over tot he horse trough to clean her claw a little better.


Male Human (Ulfen) Werebear Ranger (Beast Master) 1

Quietly, Cnut leans over and says to Valasca "If words don't work, I think maybe between the two of us we could just rip the door off the hinges."


"O-o-OK." You then hear signs of movement within for a few minutes, especially furniture scraping on the ground. Then the door opens, and two people pour out the door, clearly scared. They have grabbed food and water (8 provision points). They are followed out by two hunters who you know about, named Lirosa and Taidel. They are siblings. As they exit, they say to you, "You can take care of the villagers now. We're going to hunt hobgoblins."


Male Human (Ulfen) Werebear Ranger (Beast Master) 1

Looking down on them, Cnut shakes his furry head. "That's a bad idea. There are too many of them for the two of you. A better idea would be to escort the villagers away from this place. My scaly friend" he indicates Valasca "Can point you to her camp, out of town. It would be a good rallying point."


Male Wyvaran Slayer 1 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W +1 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 CMD 17 | Init: +3 Perception: +5 Fly: +7

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22

"You'd best listen to my hairy mammal friend, as my positions on the subject of your stupidity will not be so well mannered," Ira growled, shifting his wings and putting an arm on the tall bear-man's shoulder.


Male Drow Sorcerer 1 | AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 13 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs enchantments)| SR 7 | HP 6/6 | Init +3 | Perception +2; darkvision 120 ft, light blindness | Tremor 5/7 |
SLAs:
dancing lights 1/1, darkness 1/1, faerie fire 1/1, feather fall 1/1, levitate 1/1
Spells:
1st-level 2/4

Arcavic merely turns to Lirosa and Taidel before saying, "While I both commend and support your decision to do so, perhaps now is not the best time. The hobgoblins seem to have brought their army, and while you may take a few down, they will surely get you in the end. On the other hand, the hobgoblins will likely pursue those who flee by using small patrols, which you lure after you and ambush. You will kill far more hobgoblins that way than here. And since we will be in the woods, the terrain will favor your numbers more. So, how about escorting these villagers to safety, we'll all get out of here, and then when they start to chase us, you can kill them to your heart's content, hmm?"

Diplomacy, Unbreakable Survior: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12


Female Lizardwoman Ceric of Gozreh 1st level

At Ira's intimidation she hisses a low his that reptiles sometimes use to indicate arousal

So aggressive!

"Maybe we can use their ranged skills to lure in some gobs for when we blow the bridge. We should also do a quick sweep through the store see if there's anything of use."

Without waiting Valasca rushes in looking about.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


M Bugbear Monk Unchained 1 HP:11/11|AC:18 (20)|T:15/17|FF:16/18|CMB+6|CMD:21|Fort:+5|Ref:+5|Will:+2|Init:+3|Perc:+6|M ove 30

"Yes I would be much more effective with your bows supporting my close in attacks.. please help us save these people and get us all to safety."

diplomacy aid Arcavic: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


They stop and think for a minute. They obviously want to kill all the hobgoblins they can, but you've made them think that perhaps they can kill more long term if they escape with you. They agree to follow you, at least for right now.

Valasca carefully looks around the store, and finds a stash of masterwork weapons. You all may have a masterwork version of your primary weapon. For those of you who don't use weapons normally, we can talk in the discussion thread about something of equal power for you, if you haven't picked up something that you consider equivalent.


Female Lizardwoman Ceric of Gozreh 1st level

Valasca makes that excited hiss again as she grabs a MW long spear off the rack, testing the balance and holding it in a reverent manner.

Come my friends arm yourselves better.


M Bugbear Monk Unchained 1 HP:11/11|AC:18 (20)|T:15/17|FF:16/18|CMB+6|CMD:21|Fort:+5|Ref:+5|Will:+2|Init:+3|Perc:+6|M ove 30

Korvak finds a very nicely crafted and steel shod quarterstaff...

"I'm not normally materialistic.. but the artwork and craftsmanship in this make me happy."


Lillie takes a look at the bow she just found and gives it testing pull "well made and with a pull I can easily handle, would be a shame not to use it "


Male Wyvaran Slayer 1 | HP 12/12 | F +3 R +5 W +1 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 CMD 17 | Init: +3 Perception: +5 Fly: +7

Ira selects a sword of Andoran make, testing the blade on a thumb. Eventually he snorts his approval of the weapon and sheaths it at his side.


Male Human (Ulfen) Werebear Ranger (Beast Master) 1

Returning to his normal human guise, Cnut enters and searches the cache. Finding a particularly well-made double-bitted felling axe, he glances around the townsfolk and offers his old bardiche to anyone with experience in the use of axes.


Is everyone ready to move on towards the bridge? What do you do about your followers?


Female Lizardwoman Ceric of Gozreh 1st level

"Ira can you scout in the air ahead? I think Corvac and Cnut should flank our people while Lillie and Arcavic hold up the rear. I'll take the front. Maybe you two brave hunters would like to join us in the front?
Unless someone else has a better plan?


M Bugbear Monk Unchained 1 HP:11/11|AC:18 (20)|T:15/17|FF:16/18|CMB+6|CMD:21|Fort:+5|Ref:+5|Will:+2|Init:+3|Perc:+6|M ove 30

"Yes good, let's get them all going to safety."

Korvak moves around keeping an eye out and helping the people as is needed,


Male Drow Sorcerer 1 | AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 13 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs enchantments)| SR 7 | HP 6/6 | Init +3 | Perception +2; darkvision 120 ft, light blindness | Tremor 5/7 |
SLAs:
dancing lights 1/1, darkness 1/1, faerie fire 1/1, feather fall 1/1, levitate 1/1
Spells:
1st-level 2/4

As for the followers, I think at this point we're heading towards Valesca's camp, which is on the other side of the bridge, so we should basically escort them with us.


You have gathered up all the people and gear you can from the burning town, and now flee towards the bridge so you can hide in the woods. On your way to the bridge, you pass a place where a small patch of forest approaches near the road. As you go by, Aubrin, Jet, and the other people you sent ahead join you. They explain that the bridge was guarded, and they could not get across safely to meet you at Valasca's camp. They join you now, if you are willing.

I need to know if you do anything when these followers join you, and I also need you to confirm how you have arranged yourselves as you travel.


M Bugbear Monk Unchained 1 HP:11/11|AC:18 (20)|T:15/17|FF:16/18|CMB+6|CMD:21|Fort:+5|Ref:+5|Will:+2|Init:+3|Perc:+6|M ove 30

Go with Valaskas plan - Ira can you scout in the air ahead? I think Corvac and Cnut should flank our people while Lillie and Arcavic hold up the rear. I'll take the front. Maybe you two brave hunters would like to join us in the front?

"Welcome friends. gather together for easy guarding and defence and we shall use Valasca's plan to escort"

Korvak will give out any weapons and gear that they have left and then take up his position to the side


Male Drow Sorcerer 1 | AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 13 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs enchantments)| SR 7 | HP 6/6 | Init +3 | Perception +2; darkvision 120 ft, light blindness | Tremor 5/7 |
SLAs:
dancing lights 1/1, darkness 1/1, faerie fire 1/1, feather fall 1/1, levitate 1/1
Spells:
1st-level 2/4

Turning to Aubrin, Arcavic says, "How many are guarding the bridge? We'll have to fight our way through regardless, but the quicker we can do so, the better."


There's a leader and her pet wolf. When we saw her, she was sending the rest of her forces into town.


Male Human (Ulfen) Werebear Ranger (Beast Master) 1

Cnut takes a moment to resume what he thinks of as his true form, half-man half-bear. Then he takes up station on one flank of the gaggle of townsfolk.


Female Lizardwoman Ceric of Gozreh 1st level

Once we're near the bridge I'm going to cast Enlarge Person and Bless which will blow my spell wad but give everyone including townsfolk a +1 and make my size less a round consideration. Unless others object I'm assuming the formation noted.


Lillie garden the back of the loose formation, her bow at the ready.

201 to 250 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Redelia's Ironfang Invasion gameplay (high power table) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.