Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM RePete's Frostfur Captives: GD VI (Inactive)

Game Master RePete

Maps and Handouts 2.0


151 to 200 of 267 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 2|HP 19|AC:18, T:15, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+3, ref+8, Will+1|Init +6|Perc+7|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/2

Tanbu considers the hut with the doll.
"It may have a message or such inside."

Tanbu will step inside and start a search but will cjeck the doll and rocker for traps first, short sword out also.

perception traps: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

You only live once.


Initiatives:

Ehm Sven Nien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Freire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Lutorinus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Tanbu Yull: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Sunnendel Needlefoot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
====================
Doll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Roll Off Doll 1, Freire 2: 2d20 ⇒ (15, 19) = 34

Bored, the goblins begin wandering around the clearing, but making sure to stay within sight of your group.

As Tanbu steps into the hut, the Doll's head suddenly turns towards him and it leaps up. Touching the halfling, a crackling black energy surges into the small man.

Touch Attack vs Tanbu: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Spell Damage: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5, 4) + 5 = 15
Will DC 12 for Half Damage

Round 1:
Order

Freire
Doll
Lutorinus
Tanbu Will Save - 15 or 7 damage
Ehm Sven Nien
Sunnendel

Combat Start: Freire Up

K Arcana DC 12:

This is a tiny Soulbound Doll
Has Construct Traits
Hit DC 17 Look at next spoiler
Spoiler:

Has DR 2/Magic
For each additional 5 you beat the DC ask a question

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 2|HP 19|AC:18, T:15, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+3, ref+8, Will+1|Init +6|Perc+7|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/2

will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

"Aurwww!" "Help!"

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Warpriest 1 | HP 11 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMB 4, CMD 14 | F 5, R +1, W +6 | Init +6 | Per +4 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision

Freire's head snaps around as he realizes the rest of the party stopped to gawk at the hut he had such as bad feeling about. Hearing Tanbu yell for help, he turns and starts to run back towards the party with the crossbow held out for instant use.

I don't know if Freire can see the doll or perceive the doll is the problem or not. If he does see and perceive the doll to be an enemy, he will attempt to shoot the doll.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

If Freire cannot attack yet, he would double move towards Tanbu which would be 20 feet closer to Tanbu than he is on the map currently.


Freire, due to dolls size, it would have to be in Tanbu's square to touch him. Go ahead and roll your attack

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Warpriest 1 | HP 11 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMB 4, CMD 14 | F 5, R +1, W +6 | Init +6 | Per +4 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision

Freire raises the crossbow to his shoulder and takes aim at the little doll that seems to be attacking Tanbu. The target is small and he knows he has little chance of hitting it, but he wants to draw the doll's attention away from Tanbu!

Crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Cast Defensively: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Carefully, the doll mumbles an incantation and begins floating away from Tanbu. Eyeing your party, she shrieks "You made a mistake coming here! The Jadwiga will devour your souls!"

The doll is now 20feet up in the air, floating above Tanbu

The goblins, looking up with a start at the tiny doll, immediately fall to the ground, sobbing. "Yous save us from da WITCH QUEEN!""We's beens gud...no let its eats us!""Wes sowwy - wes no wants ter come. Dey's mades us!"

The goblins count as difficult terrain as they cower in fear of the tiny construct

Round 1:
Order

Freire
Doll
Lutorinus
Tanbu (- 15)
Ehm Sven Nien
Sunnendel

Lutorinus/Tanbu/Ehm Sven Nien/Sunnendel up - Doll 20ft up in air

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Male Halfling LN Monk 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16, T 16, FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | Init +2 | Per +8, SM +2, Stealth +11 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Active Conditions: None | Re-Roll (+1) 1/1

Running up to stand beside Freire Sunnendel yells up at the half-orc with a crazed look in his eye. "Think you could throw me at the doll?" Sunnendel draws his Rope darts in both hands prepping to latch on to the doll if Freire is able to toss him.

Move up and draw weapons

Sunny is 39lbs with gear

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 4| HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 14 | F+6 R+5 W+8 | Init +4 | Perception +16, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Infernal Healing 43/50; Bless 44/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 6/6 Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1, 2nd 3+0/3+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

Pathetic worms. At least they know to remain in place. Lutorinus thinks as he glares disdainfully at the cowering goblins.

He draws his black wand and grants Asmodeus' favor to his travel companions.

________
Bless: +1 attack/saves vs fear. Is there a knowledge check for this doll?

The Exchange

gunslinger (pistolero) 1/alchemist (sabatour) 2, HP:29, AC:17, Touch:13, Flat Footed: 15 F:+9, R:+8, W:+2, Init:+2, Perc:+9

knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Ehm runs forward and throws a ready bomb at the floating doll. Hey, do porcelain dolls like KAPOW!

bomb touch att: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 22, if hits bomb dam: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 2|HP 19|AC:18, T:15, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+3, ref+8, Will+1|Init +6|Perc+7|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/2

Tanbu drops his sword and steps back drawing his short bow. He fires at the doll.

bow shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1

know local on Jadwiga: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"Kill that thing" "Were we set up? Why the heck put this place on our map if it is trap?"

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Warpriest 1 | HP 11 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMB 4, CMD 14 | F 5, R +1, W +6 | Init +6 | Per +4 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision

Freire drops his crossbow and picks up Sunnendel. "You really want me to throw you at the doll?"He then moves forward to get within range.

If the answer is yes, Freire prepares to thrown Sunnendel up at the doll.

Waiting on the second round to make the throw. Then I throw him at the doll!

Freire throws Sunnendel at the doll!

Throwing Sunnendel through the air: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Liberty's Edge

| Male Halfling LN Monk 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16, T 16, FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | Init +2 | Per +8, SM +2, Stealth +11 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Active Conditions: None | Re-Roll (+1) 1/1

"Ready as ever!!!!" Sunnedel curls up for better throwing ease. Eyeing up his target Sunnedel prepares to stab with both darts upon contact and dig in to hold tight.

GM Repete, does this count as a charge? I plan to grapple the doll if I make contact.

Freire, wouldn't you get strength bonus on that 'throw'?

-Posted with Wayfinder


It's listed at the start of combat Lutorinus - Arcana
The tiefling blesses his companions with the profane touch of his god.

Meanwhile, the injured Halfling releases an arrow, connecting with the creature. As the arrow bounces harmlessly off the porcelain creations tough shell, he ponders their possible betrayal.

Ehm Sven Nien furiously mixes up a concoction and launches it high into the air. As the explosion clears, the constructs exterior shows obvious signs of charring.

Needlefeet, finding his inability to reach the thing, looks to the taller ones for help with an ingenious plan. Preparing himself, he waits patiently for the half-orc.
You know what? Sure. You can count it as a charge - still a full round and only get one attack

Picking up the ball of monk, Freirie twirls around and shot-puts the little man into the air.

Round 2:
Order

Freire
Doll (-5)
Lutorinus
Tanbu (- 15)
Ehm Sven Nien
Sunnendel (possible 20ft fall after attack)

Need Sunnendel's action to resolve

Liberty's Edge

| Male Halfling LN Monk 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16, T 16, FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | Init +2 | Per +8, SM +2, Stealth +11 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Active Conditions: None | Re-Roll (+1) 1/1

Sunnedel feels an excitement only birds must get. Sailing through the air, Sunnendel barrels straight towards the demon doll. As he gets within striking distance he lashes out with not only the force of his arms but also the added force of Freire.
Initiate Grapple: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 2 = 17
As Sunnendel makes contact with the doll he immediately wraps his body around to latch on to the possessed toy.

Hopefully that's enough to latch on. GM I'm not sure if you would allow an attack as well so i went with just the grapple attempt.

-Posted with Wayfinder


The monk manages to grab ahold of the dolls hair and pulls his other arm around her. Floating now 20ft off the ground, he continues to hold on.

The doll tugs a tiny blade loose and tries to stab at the man. "Let go!" she squeaks as her weapon nicks Sunnendel.

Stabby: 1d20 + 3 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 1 - 2 = 17
Damage (minimum 1 nonlethal): 1d2 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Round 2:
Order

Freire
Doll (-5)
Lutorinus
Tanbu (- 15)
Ehm Sven Nien
Sunnendel (-1 NL)

Sunnendel, you combined weight isn't enough to force the spell to the ground...But you've got a hold of her. ;-) Lutorinus/Tanbu/Ehm Sven Nien/Sunnendel up

Liberty's Edge

| Male Halfling LN Monk 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16, T 16, FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | Init +2 | Per +8, SM +2, Stealth +11 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Active Conditions: None | Re-Roll (+1) 1/1

Sunnedel realizing he cannot bring her down. "We can talk this through we don't need to fight. But I will prevent you from hurting my friends." Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7 Pulling his punches and attempting to stun the 'lady'(?) Sunnedel lets out a barrage of attacks ment to subdue rather than harm.
Flurry #1, bless, Stunning Fist: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13
#1 Non-Lethal, Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 DC 13
Flurry #2, bless: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13
#1 Non-Lethal, Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 2|HP 19|AC:18, T:15, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+3, ref+8, Will+1|Init +6|Perc+7|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/2

Tanbu pulls out his rope and throws it up at the tangle above.
range touch rope throw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
"Sunny, grab this!"

The Exchange

gunslinger (pistolero) 1/alchemist (sabatour) 2, HP:29, AC:17, Touch:13, Flat Footed: 15 F:+9, R:+8, W:+2, Init:+2, Perc:+9

Disappointed that allies are in the way of his bombs, he lines up his pistol and takes a shot.
pistol touch att: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25, if hits, pistol damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 4| HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 14 | F+6 R+5 W+8 | Init +4 | Perception +16, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Infernal Healing 43/50; Bless 44/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 6/6 Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1, 2nd 3+0/3+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

We have devolved into a traveling circus. The indignity of it all. I suppose that leaves me to be the ringmaster... Lutorinus walks behind Tanbu and Ehm, drawing his wand as he arrives. He quickly anoints Tanbu with an red Asmodean Pentagram and his wounds start to glow red as they slowly close.

"Lucky for you, I am here to convince the Lord of the Nine that you are worthy of healing," he remarks. If only barely.

"Stop playing with your toy Sunnendel, break it or pin it. Either will prevent it from harming the rest of us."

________
Infernal healing on Tanbu. My bad GM, I didn't scroll back far enough!


Sunnendel, you have to maintain the grapple before you can do anything else. Here's a handy flowchart about grappling I stole from somewhere.

I swapped out your stunning fist attempt for a maintain grapple attempt - you maintained -- it's immune to stuns because it's a construct anyway. I'll also allow you to swap you second attack to grab the rope. Keeping your previous attack roll, you catch it

Lutorinus uses his charismatic ways to convince Asmodeus to help the unworthy man.

Thinking fast, Tanbu tosses a rope to the crazy monk, giving the doll a hug. Meanwhile Ehm Sven Nien pulls out his boomstick and pops a shot through the monks arms, hitting the doll in the shoulder.

Sunnendell holds on tight to the porcelain figurine.

Round 3:
Order

Freire
Doll (-7)
Lutorinus
Tanbu (- 14) Infernal Healing
Ehm Sven Nien
Sunnendel (-1 NL) Grappling

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Warpriest 1 | HP 11 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMB 4, CMD 14 | F 5, R +1, W +6 | Init +6 | Per +4 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision

Freire moves over to Tanbu and reaching out, begins to pull the rope downward so the doll and Sunnendel are brought closer to the ground so that others can attack the doll.

At least I am assuming an end of the rope is hanging down to where Friere can grasp it. If not, I'm going to go pick up the crossbow and reload it so I can probably wasted another bolt at trying to hit the doll.

Liberty's Edge

| Male Halfling LN Monk 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16, T 16, FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | Init +2 | Per +8, SM +2, Stealth +11 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Active Conditions: None | Re-Roll (+1) 1/1

@GMRepete Sounds good to me

-Posted with Wayfinder


Going to call combat over. This thing at low tier can't do anything to kill or knock you unconscious at this point. Since you have managed to get it down to where you can reach it, you will eventually kill it. It's much worse at the higher tier.

Freire manages to pull the duo floating above to the ground with relative ease. It swipes at the man grasping it again, but fails to break free of the hold.

K Arcana DC 18:

Inspecting the felled doll, you recognize the porcelain crone’s eyes are scrying devices that allow the white witches of Irrisen to observe the entire length of their border through the eerie sentinels’ views.

Perception DC 18:

Further investigation of the doll reveals a piece of pale blue quartz inside its chest, carved into the shape of an intricate snowflake.

DC 17 K Arcana on the quartz for following spoiler

Spoiler:

You realize the quartz is the doll’s soul focus.

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Warpriest 1 | HP 11 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMB 4, CMD 14 | F 5, R +1, W +6 | Init +6 | Per +4 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision

"All those in favor of putting some distance between us and this location, let's go! Those of you not in favor...surely no one is that silly?"

Freire picks up the crossbow and reloads it. "Let's go!" He heads the way he was going originally when the others stopped to play with one of Baba Yaga's border huts.

Liberty's Edge

| Male Halfling LN Monk 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16, T 16, FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | Init +2 | Per +8, SM +2, Stealth +11 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Active Conditions: None | Re-Roll (+1) 1/1

Running up to stand beside Freire Sunnendel speaks to the tall man. "Thank you for that!" "You were amazing." "They way you hurled me." "We couldn't have done it." "I like you." keeping pace with the half-orc he looks up to with admiration.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 2|HP 19|AC:18, T:15, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+3, ref+8, Will+1|Init +6|Perc+7|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/2

Tanbu looks a little puzzled. "Shouldn't we at least look in the hut?" Having been shocked earlier he is not feeling as brave. "Well, all that for nothing. I guess I shouldn't press my luck."
He shruggs his shoulders and moves to follow.

Ill help if someone wants to give the hut a once over.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 4| HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 14 | F+6 R+5 W+8 | Init +4 | Perception +16, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Infernal Healing 43/50; Bless 44/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 6/6 Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1, 2nd 3+0/3+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

"It warrants at least a cursory search, despite how unlikely it's previous occupant valued material possessions," he remarks as he taps a fingernail on the doll's porcelain skin. Lutorinus gives the hut and the doll a quick once over for anything valuable and detects magic as well before catching up to the others.

"What is this...?" he mutters to himself as he plucks the quartz snowflake out of the doll.
________

Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Warpriest 1 | HP 11 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMB 4, CMD 14 | F 5, R +1, W +6 | Init +6 | Per +4 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision

"I am glad you came up with that unorthodox fighting maneuver. That worked quite well. I don't know what we would have done had you not had that great idea. I worry now that we might have alerted others as to where we are. That's why we need to put some distance between us and this location. I fear more foes will be seeking to stop us ere long."


Lutorinus:

The eyes detect as magical.

As the doll falls, the goblins slowly get to their feet. "Thanks yous!""Yous saveds uses!""We go quick 'fore dey gets 'ere!"

Following Freire down the path, one of the goblins looks back as Lutorinus grabs the quartz from inside the dolls chest. "NNOOOOOO!" He shriekds. "Nos goods! We takes deys kills us!"

The other goblins looking towards the man, join into with his whining and pleading.

Any with K Arcana can roll for the quartz stone Lutorinus picked up and the eyes of the doll

Continuing on down the path shown on your map, you cross into the Land of the Linnorm Kings and out of Irrisen. The map calls this region Hagreach. A little ways further, you find the woods open to a clearing where a large, grass-covered mound, like a small oblong hill, dominates the area. A stout wooden door is set directly into the side of the mound, while a thin trail of smoke rises from the very top. Immediately to the south is a wooden horse stable, all of its doors closed.

Eyeing the clearing, you recall the team that supplied you with the map and the prisoners, stated you had obtained approval to travel through these lands from Freyr Darkwine.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 4| HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 14 | F+6 R+5 W+8 | Init +4 | Perception +16, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Infernal Healing 43/50; Bless 44/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 6/6 Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1, 2nd 3+0/3+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

"This doll isn't strong enough to keep it. Now it is ours," he says as he continues to remove the pieces of value, magical or otherwise. He places them in his pocket and ignores the goblin's pleas. The only force I answer to is Asmodeus' will, sniveling goblins hold no sway over me.

"Does the map indicate the resident? Keep the goblins from that horse stable or we will increase our problems exponentially." I can already barely deal with the ones I have now...

________

Rolls:

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Can I spellcraft any of it? Included a roll just in case.

The Exchange

gunslinger (pistolero) 1/alchemist (sabatour) 2, HP:29, AC:17, Touch:13, Flat Footed: 15 F:+9, R:+8, W:+2, Init:+2, Perc:+9

knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

does anyone need healing

Since we have permission to travel, we should not sneak in like thieves. Yet care is advisable. Should Tanbu and I go check out the domicile while the rest of you keep watch?

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Warpriest 1 | HP 11 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMB 4, CMD 14 | F 5, R +1, W +6 | Init +6 | Per +4 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision

"Ah, now that is an idea worth following up upon. Aye, Ehm, I think you and Tanbu should do just that. Signal us if the place appears safe. We've made it safely thus far with our charges. Let's keep it that way."


The goblins give Lutorinus a wide birth as you continue on, but eventually stop griping about the tokens.
Lutorinus, the Eyes detect with a divination aura - no other information can be determined via spellcraft

===At the structure===

As you quietly discuss how to proceed, the door opens and out steps two humans. A male with a large axe in hand, and a female with a greatsword. Her armor depicts a sword sticking out of a mountain.

K Religion DC 10:

Symbol of Gorum

Eyeing your group, his eyes resting on the pack of goblins whimpering in the back, he speaks. "Ah, I've been expecting you. Though I expected you to arrive a few hours ago, tis no bother."

"Names Enrik Ironjaw. I was told of your arrival and suspect it's been a long day. I offer the hospitality of my longhouse. A hot meal, good drink...could do wonders to rejuvenate for the remaining leg of your journey." Turning back to the gobins, his smile wavers slightly. "I would suggest your prisoners be secured in one of our empty storerooms till you are ready to depart."

Liberty's Edge

| Male Halfling LN Monk 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16, T 16, FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | Init +2 | Per +8, SM +2, Stealth +11 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Active Conditions: None | Re-Roll (+1) 1/1

"Food!!" "Why didn't you say that first!" "Hmm..." "What is that Emblem?" The plucky little halfling asks with out hesitation waiting for a response he gauges what the man says and thinks on what the woman has to say.

Sense Motive Man: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Sense Motive Woman: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 2|HP 19|AC:18, T:15, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+3, ref+8, Will+1|Init +6|Perc+7|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/2

Tanbu, his hair still standing on end, asks. "How much longer for the healing thingy you did on me, Lutorinus?"

Tanbu will get 10 points at end of infernal healing but will still be down 4. Could use alittle healing.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 4| HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 14 | F+6 R+5 W+8 | Init +4 | Perception +16, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Infernal Healing 43/50; Bless 44/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 6/6 Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1, 2nd 3+0/3+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

"It is about time someone was a proper host to us," Lutorinus mutters grumpily as he steps into the longhouse.

________
Tanbu, do you have a wand of CLW? I'd rather use one of those than a charge of IH since it always does 10 points.

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Warpriest 1 | HP 11 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMB 4, CMD 14 | F 5, R +1, W +6 | Init +6 | Per +4 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision

Freire walks up to the pair of Tanbu and Lutorinus.

"I got you, Tanbu."

He reaches behind his shoulder and pulls out a slim foot-long stick from behind his greatsword sheath. He taps Tanbu with it and says, "May the Valor of Iomedae flow through you."

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Freire holds up the stick, which upon looking at it you realize looks like a miniature wooden longsword. "These always come in handy."

He puts it away and moves to the door saying, "I wonder what's for dinner. I'm famished."

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 2|HP 19|AC:18, T:15, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+3, ref+8, Will+1|Init +6|Perc+7|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/2

"Thanks to both of you for the healing." "I don't know whether to piously diabolical or diabolically pious."

Tanbu calls to Ehm. "Ehm, you got those little ones corralled, right?" "If they can't behave, they can't eat."

"Yes, Enrik Ironjaw, show us this store room and we will put them in it."

Tanbu will follow Enrik to the storeroom to secure the prisoners.


Sunnendel:

You feel the woman is apprehensive, but don't sense anything off about the man doing the talking

"By all means." replies Ironjaw "Step on in." Leading you to a large wooden door, with a heavy iron lock, he motions for the goblins to enter the spacious, empty storeroom. "Don't worry about your prisoners. They'll be safe here."

Looking to the man, and then the armored woman, the goblins begrudgingly head into the room. "I know it's not the most accommodating, but this way we can have a civilized discussion."

As soon as the final goblin steps in, he slides the door closed and locks it, putting the key back in his pocket.

Once the door is locked, the human woman visibly relaxes some. Turning she heads through a long hall, full of trophies depicting the battles won to hold this land under the blackravens banner. Paintings of victories over hordes of icetrolls, goblins, and the like hang over the walls.

"Believe me, my friends. Their solitude is just as much for their comfort as it is for yours." adds Ironjaw. "Oh, my apologies. This is my chaplain. She isn't much of a talker, outside of her prayers to Gorum, but she is good people. Kept me and my men alive a few times. Sadly, with us not being at war, none of my underlings are that experienced. So I'm forced to train them myself."

Just as he opens the door to the mess, you are assaulted with the odious splendors of freshly stewed potatoes, roasted turkey, and spiced wine. A modest feast lays out before you.

Sitting at the head of the table, he smiles "Why don't we sit? You can share your stories and we can share this fine meal."

Meanwhile, the woman stands off to the corner, watching your ensemble.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 4| HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 14 | F+6 R+5 W+8 | Init +4 | Perception +16, See in Darkness, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Infernal Healing 43/50; Bless 44/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 6/6 Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1, 2nd 3+0/3+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

While in the house, he does his best to take a look around while everyone is shuffling in.

"Your gracious hospitality is very much appreciated, sir," Lutorinus practically purrs. And having a moment with civilized company and time away from those goblins is a godsend.

He pulls out a chair and waits for everyone to be seated and served before eating. With real food to be had, I'll be having some food first before indulging in spinning a tale or two.
________

Rolls:

Religion (Untrained), DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Ha!


As you sit down to enjoy your meal and visit with Ironjaw - everyone can roll me a perception check

Liberty's Edge

| Male Halfling LN Monk 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16, T 16, FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +5 R +5 W +5 | Init +2 | Per +8, SM +2, Stealth +11 | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Active Conditions: None | Re-Roll (+1) 1/1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
"Oh the smell!" "Almost reminds me off home." "Wouldn't you say Tanbu?" "Who is to thank for this meal, Mr. Ironjaw?" Sunnedel fixes a plate but does not take a bite. His years of training at the Dragon Temple on the decorum of waiting for the host to break bread first sets in.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Warpriest 1 | HP 11 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMB 4, CMD 14 | F 5, R +1, W +6 | Init +6 | Per +4 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision

Any time in a situation like this when a DM asks for a perception check, I get nervous. I'm nervous.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 2|HP 19|AC:18, T:15, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+3, ref+8, Will+1|Init +6|Perc+7|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/2

Tanbu is feeling 'off' leaving the goblins without one of them there. They are the only thing that could have brought him to this gods forsaken area of the world. He ponders Enrik's words. sense motive on the situation: 1d20 ⇒ 1

He also looks around to get a feel of the place. perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The Exchange

gunslinger (pistolero) 1/alchemist (sabatour) 2, HP:29, AC:17, Touch:13, Flat Footed: 15 F:+9, R:+8, W:+2, Init:+2, Perc:+9

These creatures are so pathetically hapless, we need to keep on eye on them or they just might manage to kill themselves. I will take first shift waiting by the cell door. Ehm says while taking up station outside the cell. looking about as well as into the cell every so often.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


With a nod to the tiefling, he smiles. "Oh, actually my chaperone here deserves the credit. Though it was a group effort, she is the one with the expertise required."

Looking around the table, he raises an eyebrow, looking back to the store room. "Oh, truly my dear sir, there's no need. My men are watching the woods for any hostiles. Please join us for this meal? I wouldn't be a good host if I allowed such a heroic adventurer as yourself go without, now would I?"

Ehm Sven Nien:

You hear the softest of footsteps on the roof above you

The Exchange

gunslinger (pistolero) 1/alchemist (sabatour) 2, HP:29, AC:17, Touch:13, Flat Footed: 15 F:+9, R:+8, W:+2, Init:+2, Perc:+9

I am not at this time concerned with external hostiles, but with what the prisoners themselves will do. They almost got themselves killed the first day we took custody of them. I will be able to more fully enjoy the repast when one of my comrades can relieve me keeping these miserable vermin alive.

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 2|HP 19|AC:18, T:15, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+3, ref+8, Will+1|Init +6|Perc+7|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/2

Tanbu being of a like mind adds, "They are not the most intelligent of prisoners and could very well kill each other." "It is just the way it is." "They can not be trusted to look after themselves." "It would just be better if one of us was with them." "I am not that hungry. I could relieve you in 20 minutes, Ehm."

diplomacy check to convince Enrik: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"We are grateful for your hospitality and will express this to Freyr Darkwine and our leaders when we see them. You have been very kind and a most gracious host."


Enrik looks disappointed for a moment, then sets his strong jaw and furrows his brow. "There is nothing in there, save the goblins themselves." he states rather flatly. "You've no need to watch the door. Besides, I have the key. If you heard anything through the solid door, how would you get in to stop them?"

Shaking his head at the mention of Freyr Darkwine, he stands up suddenly. “Freyr Darkwine is no king,” he says, all pretense gone.. “It is not for him to erase a weregild of a thousand years to convenience the Pathfinders. Kill us all if you must, but you’ll not drag us before his justice. Those goblins will die like the monsters they are!”

With another word, Enrik Ironjaw draws his axe and his female counter part draws her longsword. Ehm Sven Nein hears the soft thumps of two creatures landing at the end of the hall. Two men dressed in attire matching Enrik's stand looking at the small man.

Initiatives:

Ehm Sven Nien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Freire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Lutorinus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Tanbu Yull: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Sunnendel Needlefoot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
============================
Enemies: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Round 1
Order

Freire
Ehm Sven Nein
Lutorinus
Tanbu

Enemies
Sunnendel

Map updated - could have avoided a fight, if you'd left the gobbies alone...but nooooo....someone wants to complete the mission. ;-)

Freire, Ehm Sven Nein, Lutorinus, Tanbu up (Enemies drew weapons and dropved from roof through a trap door for surprise round)

151 to 200 of 267 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Frostfur Captives: Gameday VI All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.