Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Rapscallion's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Nayr Trebrot

Tales of piracy, power struggles, and treachery on the high seas. Are there any that can turn their fallen luck to real pirate gold?


301 to 350 of 989 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

As Moon negotiates with Grok, Louly surreptitiously looks around, wondering if she can spot her fathers' pistol and flag or perhaps her reagents.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"I think Kehlysch's idea makes sense," she says as the group heads toward the hatch to the bilges. "I'm pretty good at throwing daggers, so I don't mind waiting on the stairs and helping from there.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

I'd best be goin first. Ben says steping onto the ladder. He then heads down into the muck of the bilges.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch touches Bendrauss as he descends, speaking softly under his breath (mage armor). He then moves to Gregor and does the same (mage armor).
Finally, he speaks again, crosses his arms, and rests his hands on his own shoulders (mage armor).

"Shall we do this, then?" Kehlysch says, as he waits for his turn to enter the bilges.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Bosun Moon smiles a big leering grin at Grok, their chipped teeth are mirror images and if they ever kiss they'll be perfectly aligned.

"Aye, sweet Grok, I'll be back, ya can be sure of that!"

hey, my competition was Jaundiced Jape, Fipps Chumlet, and Fishguts; one guy's named after a disease and the other two after fish chum, the Moon was a shoe-in

The Moon departs with the others, ready to follow the plan set forth by Kehlysch.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Bendrauss makes his way down the ladder slowly and takes in the Bilges as he tries to suffer the abominable smell stoically. The bilges are fairly cramped, about twenty feet wide and thirty feet long at its maximum, and dark, brackish water covers nearly all of the floor. It's deeper in some points than most, and is black as tar. There is a bilge pump near the stern and six sets of manacles affixed to the bulkheads in the forward portion. Thick cobwebs cover nearly everything above the water, including several dozen sacks of what looks to be grain, beans, or some other dry goods towards the front.

The lighting is dim at best, from a wall mounted lantern, and the Bilges are oppressively hot.

Map

DC15 perception:
You can spot at least one darker patch in the water, as if of something under the water. The dim light doesn't allow you to make out any features, though


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14

"Perhaps if we pump out some of the water, we will be able to see what is hiding down here."


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

"Sweet Besmara, what sun stroked brain decided to put food goods in the bilge pumps, madness!" Bosun Moon looks horrified at the thought of eating food that had been stored in the foul environment of the bilges.

Pereception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"Careful, Bendrauss, looks to be something in the water right there." Bosun Moon points to a spot in the brackish swill that covers the floor.


Gregor follows Bendrauss into the bilge..cutlass at the ready.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Ben also with cutlass ready creeps forward slowly. Aye Moon I see it. Careful lads. No tellin down 'ere


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

"It can't be nothing good, lurking in that funk, should I just plunk it with the crossbow now, an then we see what it might be?"


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Good idea, stir the pot. Ben sets himself to a low fighting stance and waits.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

"Get ready lads and lasses, whatever it be, it's sure to not like a bolt stuck in it's hide."

Moon takes careful aim, then tries to plunk the thing lurking in the water.

Crossbow attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d8 ⇒ 4


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Louly will wait, a dagger poised to be thrown should the creature show itself.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Having missed it at first glance, Kehlysch now sees the dark shape in the filthy water. He watches carefully as Moon looses a bolt at it.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Miss in 1-201d100 ⇒ 91

Map

Moon's bolt thuds into the dark form, and it emits an immediate and painfully loud squeal. Suddenly, half a dozen shapes burst out of the murky filth and lunge forward towards those who stand at the base of the ladder, obviously figuring them to be the attackers.

rolls:
Ben1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Karn1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Moon1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Kehlysch1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Louly1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Gregor1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Critters1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Initiatives:
Louly
Karn
Critters
Kehylysch
Moon
Gregor
Ben

Please go ahead with your actions for round one; try and keep in order, at least until the critters go. Note that four of you are on the ground and in the murky water. Louly is on the ladder and Moon is leaning in through the trap door, as far as I could tell. Note that only one of you can fire from the trapdoor, and only one person can be on the ladder at a time. As of now, the rats show as dark shapes in the dim light, and have concealment


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Round 1
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +1
CMD 13
HP 9/9
Bombs 0/4; Daggers 11/12

"Ha!" Louly yells, her exclamation showing a mix of fear, surprise and most of all excitement.

She grins for a moment as she thinks she hits, then curses -- "Dung!" -- as she realizes what she thought in the darkness was a rat was rather some sort of ... dung.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d100 ⇒ 18


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Karn shuts his eyes tightly in concentration, muttering words of devotion under his breath as he begs his chaotic mistress for strength.

Karn casts Bless; + 1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saves vs fear


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

The rats begin their assault, beady yellow eyes and white gnashing teeth showing through the dark water as they surge up and out of it. One of the vermin, however, wants no part of it - the one that Moon skewered with his crossbow. That creature turns tail and darts away to the south.

Gregor and Bendrauss each get an Aoo on the retreating creature.

The remaining rats lunge out of the water, biting at Bendrauss and Gregor. Three of the beasts find a hold with their teeth - two on Bendrauss and one on Gregor. The teeth of the others seem to glance off of the shimmering fields of force that Kehlysch had wisely planted on the melee fighters.

4 damage to Ben and 2 damage to Gregor; I'll need 2 fort saves from Bendrauss and 1 from Gregor - all at DC11


AoO 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon takes aim at another rat and unleashes a bolt.

assuming all rats are in melee, but if one isn't he'll shoot that one. Crossbow Attack (-4 into melee): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d8 ⇒ 1


Rats...I hate rats. They drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once...

Gregor moves toward the nearest living rat and tries to change its status.

Attack 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13

Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben hacks at the rat as it flees
AoO:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
(can't remember if it has to be a natural 18-20)Confirm:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Quickly reversing his swing brings his cutlass down on the rat that bit him first. Ye filthy bilge rats! Lol I couldn't help myself
Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Fort 1:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Fort 2:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch reaches over and touches the young priest, muttering queitly under his breath (casts mage armor on Karn).

"Another beautiful day in the bilges," he says in a flat tone.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

As the rat tries to escape, Bendrauss takes advantage of the move and slams his rapier down, cutting the rat directly in half with the slim blade - no small feat.

Moon's bolt, Gregor's slice, and Ben's second attack all miss their marks, though just barely.

Both Bendrauss and Gregor shake off any ill effects of the rats' filthy bites with relative ease.

End round 1, begin round 2

map

Initiative order:
Louly
Karn
Critters
Kehylysch
Moon
Gregor
Ben


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Round 2
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 10
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +1
CMD 13
HP 9/9
Bombs 0/4; Daggers 2/12
Effects: bless

Pulling another dagger from her belt, Louly takes aim and fires again at one of the rats, hoping to quickly put it out of commission, and giving another shot of joy as she sees it find its mark. 2 hp

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Louly's shot hits its mark, and another rat squeals out in pain.

Karn steps to his left, then launches a swipe at the rat at Bendrauss's side.

Attack, with bless1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He cuts deeply into the vermin, which just happens to be the one skewered by Louly only a second before. The rat sinks down into the water, quickly bleeding out.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

One of the remaining rats moves forward to lunge at Karn, but it's tiny claws scrabble ineffectually in the murky water, and it can't bring it's gnashing teeth close enough to the priest to do more than threaten him.

A second rat bites Bendrauss again, this time just on one side of his knee, in a dreadfully tender area.

2 damage to Ben; DC11 fort save again

Two rats lunge in again at Gregor, but he's able to fend them both off with his flashing blade.

map

Initiative order:
Louly
Karn
Critters
Kehylysch
Moon
Gregor
Ben


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ye little bastards! Ben yells in irritation.
Fort:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Round 3
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +1
CMD 13
HP 9/9
Bombs 0/4; Daggers 3/12
Effects: bless

Louly flips another dagger into the air, grabs it and fires another one toward one of the rats.

"Balls!" she curses as the dagger splashes harmlessly into the filthy water.

[/spoiler=Dice rolls]
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d4 ⇒ 1
[/spoiler]


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch slashes at the rat just to the right of Gregor with his borrowed dagger.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Weird...I thought I posted this action last night.

Gregor sneers and slices at the rat in front if him.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Well that was worth waiting for!


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

"Ye filthy little vermin!" spits Bosun Moon as he takes another shot with the crossbow at the rat near Karn.

Crossbow Attack (into Melee, -4): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d8 ⇒ 8


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben attacks the nearest vermin, swinging his cutlass wide.
Atk:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Kehlysch slashes forth, scoring a hit on the nearest rat, which hisses in pain and apparent aggravation, turning to this new assailant.

Gregor and Moon both lose sight of the dark rats in the murky water, and their strikes miss their mark. Bendrauss, however, has no problem finding his. His cutlass tears clean through the creature, making two separate, neatly carved morsels of vile vermin.

Map

Back to the top of the round; feel free to post anew Louly.

Initiative order:
Louly
Karn
Critters
Kehylysch
Moon
Gregor
Ben


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Taking aim at the damaged rat (or if it get killed, then the rat in front of Gregor, ), Bosun Moon unleashes another bolt.

Crossbow Attack (into melee, -4): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d8 ⇒ 2


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Round 4
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +1
CMD 13
HP 9/9
Bombs 0/4; Daggers 4/12
Effects: bless

Louly throws another dagger at one of the rats attacking Gregor.

"Ugh, where did these things come from? I've heard of rats on boats, but these things are huge!"

Dice rolls:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d4 ⇒ 3


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Karn clutches the symbol about his neck and begins to whisper words of power, beseeching his chaotic goddess for strength to mend her warriors' wounds.

Channel energy1d6 ⇒ 3

3 HP healed by Karn; this should only really matter to Gregor and Ben


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Louly's dagger lodges into the lower back of the rat closest to Bendrauss, and it squeals in pain. Frightened and hurt, it lashes out at its closest target and bites into Bendrauss's ankle.

Another rat takes a bite out of Gregor with its filthy teeth, and the third lunges at Kehlysch, only barely missing as the man slides his leg back from gnashing teeth.

1 damage to Ben ad 3 to Gregor; both bites mean a dc11 fort save again. Gregor, Ben, and Kehlysch are up.


I've about had it with these things! Gregor lashes out at the rat that bit him.

Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch strikes out again with his dagger.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben retaliates with an overhead slash. An obsurd look of wild anger on his face.
Attk:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Confirm Crit:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Fort:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

The advantage in the favor of the two-legs is quickly becoming obvious, as blades hack and slash and bolts puncture and pin. Bendrauss's target simply explodes into a pink mist, and Gregor is splattered with the guts of his own unfortunate opponent.

Moon's bolt flies past Kehlysch's slashing dagger and, though the latter misses, the former thuds into the remaining rat's back. The little creature squeals incessantly as it backs slowly away with gnashing teeth and feral hisses. It backs up to the western wall, leaning towards the pallets of grain as it wished to dart into the bags and hide.

One left, and Louly's up!

Map

Initiative order:
Louly
Karn
Critters
Kehylysch
Moon
Gregor
Ben


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Grinning at the easy shot, Louly flips a dagger in the air, catches it and sends it spinning toward the remaining rat, pinning it to the wall. "And that's how we did it in the Wastes!" she exults to her companions.

Assuming the rat is indeed dead...
With no other apparent threats, Louly will look around for a place to stash one of the masterwork daggers in case she should need it later.

"We can just tell Grok that this one was lost in the water," she says if anyone asks her what she's doing. "Um, that is if anyone sees somewhere we can hide where no one will see it when they come down here."

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Bosun Moon's eyes go wide as he watches Louly flip the dagger with style, then skewer the rat with skill.

Oye, glad she be on my side, if she can skewer a rat from distance, she could stick me with ease. Plus, suppose I might be havin' some rat like qualities at times, hope she don't mistake me for the rodents.

Moon's wide eyes squint as a new thought crosses his mind.

"Aye, lads, let's be gettin' back to Grok and claimin' our fiddle, I's got the first dance with her, I do!"

Bosun Moon helps the others back up from the bilges and takes a quick tally of the gear, with a wink to Louly as the fine dagger gets palmed.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

The dagger spins end over end, to thud into and through the rat, neatly pinning it to a plank of the nearby pallet. It appears fo be quite dead.

Perception DC12:
You can see various loose items floating or partially submerged in the murky waters. Better light or a closer look could help with your investigation.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

"We should collect a few of the rats as evidence for Mister Plugg. We should also make sure we recover all of the thrown daggers. We should give him no excuse to let Mister Scourge flay our backs."

Kehlysch moves out into the fetid water, collecting dead rats and scanning the area for daggers and anything of interest.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6

"P'gratheh! Gh'jyle m'kfyh!" he curses in a strange tongue. "We need light if we are going to search properly."


Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

I can't see a blasted thing around here.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

There are things floating in the water ... though I don't know if I want to know what they are," Louly says.

"And I know I'm not going digging around in there to find those daggers," she tells Kehlysch.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

"Suit yourself," Kehlysch replies, unconcerned. "I will wager Grok remembers who took the armful of daggers, and I will just as readily wager that she will not take a striping for you."

"Mister Moon, could you persuade your great, green goddess of love to lend us a lantern?"


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Louly:
Your keen eyes pick up an unexpected bounty as you scan the murky waters. Amidst the discarded crates and boxes packed with straw you can see at least a piece of leather armor (a full suit possibly...much is submerged), a few heavy maces, and some glittering silver...perhaps coins. Also, a handaxe of fine design is tucked under one broken box. You guess that there could be even more to be found, if you'd take some time to search about.

301 to 350 of 989 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The voyage begins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.