Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Rapscallion's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Nayr Trebrot

Tales of piracy, power struggles, and treachery on the high seas. Are there any that can turn their fallen luck to real pirate gold?


251 to 300 of 989 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch makes his way down to the bilges, opens the trap door, and lowers himself into the fetid, stinking water.

At least I will not have to worry about getting wet. Getting the plague, perhaps, but not getting wet.

He glances briefly at the eyebolt in the wall that once held the young man, Jakes Magpie. Remembering how brutally he died, Kehlysch gives an involuntary shudder. He composes himself, and, seeing no options for anything more interesting, sets himself to working the pump (work dilligently).

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 (working dilligently)

Constitution: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 4 = 10 (endurance feat)

As he goes through the mind-numbing motions of working the pumps, Kehlysch lets his mind wander into a dark place. Fantasies of slow, excruciating torture delivered upon Scourge, and Cog, and Plugg...

Kehlysch finds himself chuckling with grim delight at a mental image of sharks tearing off chunks of flesh and bone from Mr. Scourge, as he thrashes, screams, and begs to be pulled up from the water.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Bosun Moon works the ropes with Gregor and Karn, enjoying being topside and in the fresh sea air. Throughout the day he keeps the conversation light and his laugh can be heard across the deck.

Sailing check for Rope work: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

But in between the jesting he takes the time to converse with his companions and assess where they stand in their alliances with the others on the ship. When an opportunity to slip away presents itself, he quickly scampers below deck to where Cut-Throat Grok is at and tries to influence her with a little jesting crouched around references to Besmara's will, playing off Grok's superstitious nature.

day time activity: influence Cut-Throat Grok

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Bendrauss hauls himself up the ropes with ease, spending the rest of the day carefully watching the horizon. If I cant take 10 or 20 I will do so. Otherwise, Climb:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19, Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Karn takes care to pay attention to his work and works through the day to the best of his abilities. Alas, not only does he fail to properly clean the deck, he ends up so tired that he can barely raise his arms. Master Scourge takes notice of the deficiency with a raptor's gaze.
Working dilligently Str1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Con1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Louly:
Fishguts shakes his head slowly. Ahh, me girl; they're not about ta' be tellin us that. Could be that the Cap'n found a sail on the horizon ta' chase down, or could be that he just wants ta' butter up 'is cabin girl fera good night. One thing I found, bein' here - if yer not told, ya' don't ask, cause someone has decided that ya' don' need ta' know.

His eyebrows...one scarred and one not...raise up at the brandy. Well now, there's a fine idea; make a fine glaze! He takes a quick taste, of course, before incorporating it into the meal. He turns an appraising eye on you as he cooks, then grunts and nods his head. Ya' know...I think yer takin' ta' this pretty well.

Indeed, the offering of alcohol is always sufficient to butter up the cook. I gave you a +2 circumstance bonus, which means that you've now turned the indifferent Guts to friendly!

Gregor and Kehlysch:
You perform your day's work quite well; it could be the life aboard the Wormwood is for you, after all.

Bendrauss:
Climb...that you can do; but a lookout...that you are not. You're lucky that nothing of note happens today but some errant gulls and a school of dolphins that keep pace hundreds of yards off. Still, though, Mister Plugg sees you looking down at your feet more often than to the horizon.

Moon:
Sure, your work with the knots suffers a bit as you slip away to speak to Grok, but in the long run...you think it may be worth it. She's abrasive and confrontation from the start, sneering at you as you introduce yourself. At your jests, though, her eyes show a sparkle of interest. She listens intently to an anecdote or two, laughing uproariously at the end and slapping a ropy, muscular knee as she snorts out her chuckles. You just feel that you've gotten her to loosen up as you hear a call from above. Where the hell is Moon? These knots look like the pig guts!
You've successfully turned Grok from Indifferent to Friendly!


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

At the end of the day, Kehlysch drags himself up from the bilges and closes the hatch. He makes his way up to the deck with the rest of the crew.

He mingles with the crew, but only speaks if spoken to first. He watches for the sorceress, Pepperly, looking for an opportunity to approach her, or at least observe her.

As the evening winds down, he looks for a chance to slip away and take a refreshing dip in the cool sea waters.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Kehlysch:
You haven't seen the sorceress all day; it's rumored that she's been up on the poop deck with the captain all day

As the day turns to evening and the sun begins to dip in the sky, the deficiencies of the day become quite obvious, and Master Scourge is none too happy. When the bloody hour arrives, the scowling botswain Scourge calls for penance from those who, in his opinion, fell behind on their duties today.

Karn, Moon, Bendrauss, git yer hides out 'ere afore I have 'em flayed! He motions for the trio to line up near the mainmast for two lashes each, then pushes the halfling "Ratline" and the tall Mwangi woman into line as well. They had obviously been struggling with their duties today as well, and it was rumored to be due to quite a bit too much rum the night before.

Behind the group, atop the high poop deck, laughter and a booming baritone voice can be heard. Mister Plugg, who usually watches the bloody hour, is notoriously absent, as is Peppery Longfarthing, the sailing master, and Riaris Krine, the master gunner.

Do you submit for punishment? Please include night time actions with your next post if you submit


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

"Aye, Master Scourge, I swears I'll do better once I get me sea legs beneath me, for some reason I be struggling with it." looking down at his legs, Bosun Moon feigns a look of shock and looks back to Scourge with wide eyed surprise, "Well, there be the problem, I'm missing one of them!"

Before Scourge can double his beating, Moon plunks forward, accepting the lashes. "Right then, suppose I earned this with me pig gut knot work, have at it then."

That night Bosun Moon goes to bed early, hoping to recover from both the fatigue and the lashes.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Lash 11d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Lash 21d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Scourge's first strike only licks at Moon's back, not actually doing any damage. It's so close, though, that Scourge doesn't even notice and proceeds with his second lash, which hits more solidly.

Since you submit, you're considered flat-footed, so the second one hit. 3 damage nonlethal to Moon

Karn also submits to the lash, his face a picture of confusion and an odd look of betrayal.

Lash 11d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Lash 21d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

9 damage nonlethal to Karn

Karn swoons under the pain of the attack, and falls to his knees. While still awake, he appears to be in a state of shock, unable to do much more than keep himself from toppling over. Master Scourge grins wickedly at the man's state, then turns his glare on Bendrauss, expectantly.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Her stomach sickened by the again seemingly needless pain, Louly decides to take advantage of the higher-ups apparently involved in whatever festivities they have planned.

Looking around to make sure no one's watching, she furtively makes her way to Peppery's laboratory, curious to find out what she can find in there and if any of it could be of use to her if she can't get her reagents back from Grok.

I'm assuming we're telling each other in down time who we've converted to friendly, since otherwise Louly would have no way of knowing we've gotten Grok on our side. If people would rather we play that out, I'm fine with that as well.

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Night time action: Sneak, to investigate (taking 20 on Perception) Peppery's laboratory.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

I'd assume so...it would sure make my life easier. It seems as if there's enough of a level of trust within the group to make that assumption. Please let me know if otherwise and I'll keep from announcing new friendships as we go. And...well done; the DC was 15.

This chamber is locked with a good lock, and would require some further work to open....interested, or would you like to look somewhere else?


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly grimaces as she realizes she's not going to get into the room right now. Wandering around, she moves toward Grok's cabin. If Owlbear was right and the quartermaster leaves it open when she's drinking with the captain, perhaps she could get enough reagents to at least prepare a simple extract or two.

Do I know who's at the captain's party? Any details on what's going on there?


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

I'm assuming Louly would know that Bosun Moon has some lock skills after his words following his rat catching stint. Moon is sacked out in his hammock, but could be awakened if needed.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Safe to assume that Louly would be aware of that. You have no idea what's going on at the captain's party, but Plugg, Peppery, and Riaris Krane are all missing from the main deck, so one could only assume that they're up on the poop deck with the cap'n.

Earlier...

Bendrauss, after helping Karn to his feet and casting a withering glare at Scourge, walks to the mainmast to submit himself for punishment. Scourge is only too happy to oblige.

Lash11d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Lash21d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

His first lash gets caught on Bendrauss's clothing, but the second strikes a telling blow on flesh. Scourge chuckles at the results, then sets to punishing the other two pirates who had been lax in their duties. The bloody hour comes to a close when Grok brings up the rum for the night's festivities, and a fine, roast pork with a sweet but strong alcohol glaze is served for dinner.

5 damage nonlethal to Ben; need night actions for Ben, Gregor , and Karn. Kehlysch - please verify if taking a dip is your only night action, and give me a stealth check to avoid detection, please


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Night swim stealth check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben again decides it best to keep his strength up. He heads back to his hammock stowing his gear and turns in for the night.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly moves into the chambers, and gently wakes Bosun Moon. "Hey, you mentioned you can open a lock? I want to take a look in the lab while Peppery's busy at the party. Might be something useful in there..."


Gregor's mouth waters at the smell of the roast pork, and his eye widen at the sight of rum.

Now this is a party....

Night Action:
Gregor will hang around the party, drink rum, and attempt to influence fellow rum-drinker Tilly Bracket.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Bosun Moon wakes to find Louly standing over his hammock, gently shaking his shoulder. At her request, he rises and slips silently to the door to Peppery's lab.

"Aye, sure Lass, let's see what ye can find in her lab."

Slipping his lock picking tools from their secret compartment in his peg leg, Bosun Moon sets to working on the lock while Louly keeps watch.

assuming that I can't take 10 or 20 to open the lock, at good quality probably only a natural 20 has a chance at success.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"Sorry Lass, this lock be above me skills, more than me picks will be needed to open this door."


Tilly Bracket:
Nothing I like to see more than a woman who can hold her rum.

Wait....what's that look for Tilly? I said rum! By the gods where's your mind lass! And hey since your pouring if you don't mind...

Gregor offers Tilly one of his winning smiles as he holds out his cup.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly makes a face at Moon's words, giving a heavy sigh. "I guess I'll just have to find a way to get my things from Grok," she says with a from.

Not wanting to push her luck any further, she heads for her hammock, to spend the remainder of the night resting.

Bump


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Ben and Louly, after a bit of investigation and an attempt at mischief, hit the hammocks in time to get extra rest; they have to rock Ben's hammok lightly to force him to turn over and shut off his rumbling snores. Ksrn gets his rest as well, though he was muttering before he turned in about "dunking Scourge in a bucket if I have to swab the stinking deck again."

Kehlysch:
You use a bit more time this evening to make your excursion a bit more discreet, and it's rewarding. You are uninterrupted, and your skin takes well to the additional time in the saltwater.

Gregor:
Tilly turns to Gregor's smile and offers a crooked grin of her own, one scarred lip making it almost look like a grimace. She chuckles a bit, her voice raspy and harsh. Hell then, dearie...ya' came ta' the right place. She takes your cup (whether or not you were offering it) and quaffs a large gulp of your rations, then hands it back and thunks her own cup in cheers.

So...its Gregor, is it? Makin' friends around here pretty quick, aren't ya', sailor?

We can continue the RP here if you like, but we'll advance everyone to the next day at the same time. Congrats, you moved her from indifferent to friendly!

The next morning...

The morning of day four comes with the same hot and sticky weather as the last few days, but thankfully again there are no thugs looming about to block your path topside. First bell rings after many of the others are already up and about, so you have a bit of a jump on the timing this morning.

Anything you'd want to do before going topside or shall I advance?


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

This morning, like yesterday, a few of the pirates topside offer you nods and grins, though most still look at you with indifference or, in the case of Fipps, open hostility. Master Scourge appears offput by the fact that you've arrived on time, even early, and he doles out today's orders with his usual scowl.

Bendrauss:
Today you'll be repairing the ship's rigging, which saw some new damage overnight. Please roll a DC10 climb check to reach the rigging, then a DC10 profession (sailor) or dexterity check for the repairs.

Karn:
Today, you'll be a runner, passing messages to the crew and officers of the ship. Please roll a DC10 Acrobatics check and a DC10 constitution check to avoid fatigue.

Moon:
Today, you'll be a runner, passing messages to the crew and officers of the ship. Please roll a DC10 Acrobatics check and a DC10 constitution check to avoid fatigue.

Gregor:
Today, you'll be hauling rope and performing knot work, tying and untying rops and moving heavy coils about the ship. Please roll a DC10 profession (sailor) check or strength check, and make a DC10 constitution check to avoid fatigue.

Kehlysch:
Today, you'll be working on repairs, splicing rope and sewing sails. Please roll a DC10 profession (sailor) or dexterity check.

Louly:
Today, Fishguts needs you to do some fishing for tonight's supper, using the ship's nets. Please roll a DC10 profession (fisherman) or survival check to provide enough fish. Fishguts seems to think that a failed fishing trip'll mean a day in the bilges for you...possibly for him too

Please roll your checks for today's tasks, and let me know what you'd like to do for today's actions


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly smiles as she gets her assignment.

I spent enough time fishing in the Wastes, this should be easy! After all, how different can it be in the middle of the ocean?

A few hours later, her smile had dimmed as she had little to show for her trouble.

OK, maybe this is a bit more difficult than I -- whoa!

She was glad she'd tied herself to her perch, as Fishguts had suggested, preventing her from being pulled from the boat by the sudden yank on her line. Fighting the massive creature, corded muscles showing against her dark skin at her work, she soon pulled a large swordnose out of the water, grinning as she wiped sweat off her brow.

With a little time free after her big catch, she lets her line linger in the water as she looks around the poopdeck, hoping to perhaps catch a snatch of conversation from the ship's officers.

Mechanics/dice rolls:

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Daytime activity: Explore the poopdeck -- though I don't know where I'd be fishing from; if somewhere else, it probably makes sense that that's the place I'd be exploring. Happy to have you make the call, Capt. Rapscallion.[/ooc]
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Fatigued from yesterday's work and then sneaking about toying with locks at night, Bosun Moon rises groggily and sluggishly plunks topside.

I's be needin' a full night's sleep this evenin', that be sure.

The Moon does his best to focus on the days task, working diligently to offset the fatigue that slows him down.

Acrobatics (-2, +4, +4): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Con Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

When night rolls around, Bosun Moon enjoys his one mug of rum, then turns in early for a full night of sleep to recover from the previous fatigue.


As Gregor hauls the rope, he wonders how much he'll need to hang all of his enemies on this ship.

Might need a bit more rope...

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Gregor does fantastic work with the rope...but works a lot harder than he needs to and winds up exhausted as a result.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Bendrauss heaves himself back into the rigging. Exhilarated by the work at hand. He breathes the salty air deeply and puts his mind to his task. After a few hours he finds the repairs to be above his skill. I could be usin' a hand up 'ere. Then I could complete the repairs no problem. If there is a member of the crew to aid other I would be able to make the repairs. Also I can't recall if aid other needs to be called before the roll but it can't hurt to ask!
Climb:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
profession(Sailor check):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
These have been some of the worst rolls of my career.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Louly:
The poop deck stands 15 feet above the main deck, and the mizzenmast rises 30 feet above this deck. The ship's bridge protrudes forward of the mizzenmast, and holds the ship's wheel. The wheel is 3 feet across and has 10 spokes covered with silver inlays, its bolts carved to resemble kraken heads. An iron cage hangs from the side of the mizzenmast, containing the body of some poor soul who is now and again plucked at by an ugly parrot who perches atop the cage. He's quite dead. No one else seems to be up on the poop deck at this time, but you hear that the captain and Plugg spend more than a little time up here, drinking, gaming, and perhaps planning.

Sadira and Rosie rush over to help Gregor finish his work, and each of them share girlish grins and winks as they watch his tightly muscled arms work at the ropes. Rosie even takes an opportunity to slap Gregor's backside playfully as they finish up. She stands on her tiptoes to whisper up at him, though she's still about two feet two short. Jus' lemme know when yer ready to put those muscles to some other use than this unappreciative rope.

Tilly Bracket sees Ben struggling a bit from where he's working at the rigging, and she deftly charges up the ropes to lend a hand. She works quietly but deftly, and shares a knowing nod with Bendrauss as they finish up. Below, Mister Plugg looks up and merely acknowledges satisfaction with the work getting done.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Dexterity check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Kehlysch smiles at his good fortune with this morning's assignment. It seems Moon's instruction would save him a lashing he, no doubt, would have otherwise received today. He uses the sedentary nature of the task to look for the sorceress, Peppery. He tries his best to observe her for any unusual behsvior or displays of her abilities.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly shudders at the skeletal remains.

What is wrong with these people? Surely they can't actually enjoy the stench of death, much less the sight of it? If I ever have my own boat, you can be sure there won't be anything like that on it.

I assume that's my full allotment of day-time actions, so waiting for night to decide what to do.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben clasps Tilly on the shoulder when they complete their work. Thanks lass, 'preciate the hand. You done fine work. With that, and his days work complete he heads down the rigging taking his time. Ben will clean himself up and be ready for the evening events


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Kehlysch:
Your performance is more than adequate, which serves to leave you mostly unnoticed...a good thing on the main deck where you work. You see Peppery heading from the captain's cabin to her laboratory a few times during the day, her face showing steady concentration as she studies pages in an open book that she carries in front of her. Nearly everyone on the main deck makes a point of getting out of her way as she goes, and by her expression, she expects just that.

Karn proves to be an admirable runner, though he complains of fatigue at the end of end his ship. Even having taken extra time to perform the task, his long conversations with Sadira concerning their shared beliefs seem to be taking their toll on him.

Towards the middle of the day, a commotion comes onto the main deck in the form of young Jack Scrimshaw, who rushes up from below.

Perception 10:
You can see his ashen face as he reports to Mister Plugg. Apparently, Jack was below on rat-catching duty when something big swam out of the bilge water and bit him.

After conferring with Jack, Mister Plugg scans the main deck, and his eyes take in each of you. He quickly points you out. Jack here says there's somethin' in tha' bilges...ain't a thing I'm sure. Git down there and check it out...an' ya' better not come out until whatever is down there is dead!


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Rats perhaps?

"Aye, Mista Plugg, right on it, gives us some weapons though, we can't be tickling nothin' to death."


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben thinks better of revealing his hidden weapon and nods his head in agreement with Moon. Aye, I'll be killin' anythin you want but it's best done with the right tools.
Diplomacy:1d20 ⇒ 14
Perception1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

"As they have said, sir. Some sort of weapon would seem a necessary tool for the task at hand."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Aye...I think each of us speaks from experience as far as facing an ambush while unarmed.

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 17


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

With nothing more to add to her companions' arguments, Louly simply nods, hoping that helps sway the sadistic pirate officer.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Mister Plugg scowls, but then glances about at the other pirates on deck, all of which seem to be watching him and waiting for an answer. Ultimately, he relents. Ah, fine then! Go see Gronk, and get yerselves a few daggers or saps...that'll do ya' fine, I'm sure. He then throws up his hands as if in frustration and turns to another task, fully expecting you to be on your way.

Below, Gronk nods to her new friends, eager to help. Saps or blades, eh? Sure enough, we can han'l that. Course... She glances towards the stairs to the main deck before continuing. Wouldn't want you to get torn up down thar', so's I'm thinkin' I can come up with a bit extra. Take whatcha' need, jus' get 'em back 'ere afore you go topside, so's Plugg's none the wiser.

Helps to have friends; here's what she'll let you choose from:
12 bucklers
5 saps (one finer than the others)
34 daggers (three finer than the others)
3 cutlasses
1 fine light crossbow with bolts

perception DC15:
As she moves the items about, you take not of a fine fiddle in one box...just because it seems out of place, and a few rolled up scrolls in another


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Mister Plugg scowls, but then glances about at the other pirates on deck, all of which seem to be watching him and waiting for an answer. Ultimately, he relents. Ah, fine then! Go see Gronk, and get yerselves a few daggers or saps...that'll do ya' fine, I'm sure. He then throws up his hands as if in frustration and turns to another task, fully expecting you to be on your way.

Below, Gronk nods to her new friends, eager to help. Saps or blades, eh? Sure enough, we can han'l that. Course... She glances towards the stairs to the main deck before continuing. Wouldn't want you to get torn up down thar', so's I'm thinkin' I can come up with a bit extra. Take whatcha' need, jus' get 'em back 'ere afore you go topside, so's Plugg's none the wiser.

Helps to have friends; here's what she'll let you choose from:
12 bucklers
5 saps (one finer than the others)
34 daggers (three finer than the others)
3 cutlasses
1 fine light crossbow with bolts

perception DC15:
As she moves the items about, you take not of a fine fiddle in one box...just because it seems out of place, and a few rolled up scrolls in another


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Dang, just missed

"Well, if no one minds, I'll take a few of the daggers! I'm a pretty good hand with them; it'll be just like when I used to bullseye womprats back home."

Assuming no one objects...
She scoops up a dozen of the blades, including one of the nice ones.

Hopefully I can hide one of these somewhere and claim it got lost in the muck. I know there are blades in the galley, but it can't hurt to have some more.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben goes straight for a cutlass. If he sees his he will take that one. He tests its weight and balance with a few practice swings. Thanks Gronk. 'preciate it.


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Gregor will snag a cutlass. He'll also try to get away with grabbing a few extra daggers and a sap. Never know what you'll find down there...


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch claims one of the fine daggers. He turns it in his hand a few times, testing its balance.

"My thanks, Grok. This will do nicely."


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"Aye, Grok, thanks for the goods. I'll be taking a buckler, a fine dagger, and the crossbow."

Bosun Moon's eyes light up as he notices the fiddle and the scrolls.

"Say, what be that fiddle and them scrolls?" Bosun Moon points to two of the boxes that Grok was shuffling about.

Turning on the greasy charm, the Moon sees what he can do to sway Grok out of either the fiddle or scrolls. "Come now, fair Grok, there's gotta be something the ol' Moon can do for ya?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 guess that's about as charming as Bosun Moon gets


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Grok snorts and grits her teeth as she eyes the fiddle. Thing belonged ta that damned halflin' wench. Heh...lil' wench sure was mad when she asked fer it back. Scrolls came along some time ago, part a' a grab we took a few stops ba'fore ya' came aboard.

The half-orc screw up her face as she looks at moon. What're ya' about, Moon? Spit it out, man!. She obviously seems unimpressed by your attempt.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Chipped teeth still beaming in his wide mouthed grin, the Moon doesn't deter at the initial rejection, in fact he's quite used to that.

"Come now fair lass, it gets lonely out at sea is what I'm saying, too many nights alone can turn a person sour, so let the Moon sweeten ya up."

He gives Grok a large wink that leaves no room for misinterpretation of his intentions.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly shudders.

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.


Support Moon's Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20

C'mon...let the man have the fiddle. Gregor glance's at Moon's wooden leg and nods to Grok. If the man can't dance...at least let him learn how to play a tune so the rest of us can!


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

"So what say you Grok? Mr. Moon will no doubt make certain your hatch is battened." Kehlysch says in a deadpan tone.

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben, eyebrows raised snorts a little laugh and leaves Moon to his fate, waiting outside for the room for the others.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Grok chuckles heartily at that, her eyes looking Moon over appraisingly as she puts scarred hands on her muscular hips. Her grin shows crooked green teeth with more than one chip, but her amusement seems genuine enough.

This 'ol thing's caught yer eye, eh? You can't really tell if she's referring to herself or the fiddle. Ya' make it back 'ere in one piece, and ya' git yerself that bloody thing. Just collectin' dust in there anyway. She turns from Moon with a lingering look and her split tooth grin, and begins loading the equipment that wasn't taken back into the chests. She pointedly leaves the fiddle propped up against the jamb of the door leading into her store. Now, ya' be bringin' those weapons back 'ere when yer done; Plugg's got tha' same lists I do, an' I'll not have ma' back skinned up if one's gone missin'.

If proceeding to the Bilges, please let me know marching...err, climbing order and how you'd like to proceed. The Bilges are accessed via a trap door and a ladder that descends into dark, ankle deep water. It stinks (not a condition), is very hot (condition), and has only dim lighting (condition) from one hooded lantern mounted on the wall

251 to 300 of 989 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The voyage begins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.