Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Rapscallion's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Nayr Trebrot

Tales of piracy, power struggles, and treachery on the high seas. Are there any that can turn their fallen luck to real pirate gold?


651 to 700 of 989 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch pauses a moment near Jaundiced Jape, speaking to himself, though clearly intending his words for the sailor.

"Taking initiative, risking uncharted waters, is easier with shipmates bound by comraderie and common purpose rather than shackled by pain and fear."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

"Thanks!" Louly says brightly as she heads down to the galley.

"Fishguts, we got something the captain wants cooked up right away" she calls out as she gets out her own knives. Her voice lacks its usual good-naturedness, as it seems clear she's not that excited about preparing the possibly sentient reefclaws.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Ugh! Two questions: Can I use Profession: Cook? And more importantly, since that roll was low enough that doesn't really matter, can I take 10?

Will do nighttime actions after I get those answers, since it'll determine what I do.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Jape eyes you with suspicion, as if he expected that the words were an attempt to control his mind. He moves away swiftly, a sneer evident on his ugly face.

Tough nut to crack, that one!

Louly - please do; use cook or take 10, your choice. Luckily, Fishguts is sober enough to be of help to you today.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Phew!

Despite her heart not truly being into it, Louly's able to prepare the reefclaws with Fishguts' help, and brings them up to the rest of the ship. She sticks to some of the crabs they also brought back, feeling a little more sanguine about eating those.

Profession: Cook, take 10, with cookbook: 16

And, actually, I guess before I write out some role-playing, can I get a chance to talk to Caulky, the captain's girl? I figured it might be possible considering the meal... If not, I'll try to butter up someone else, no pun intended.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon follows suit and sticks to eating the crabs with Louly. The idea of eating the intelligent reefclaws just doesn't sit right with his belly.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch shrugs and sighs as Jape strides away. He turns to Sandara and takes hold of her hand.

"Would the lady do me the honor of dining with me this evening? I hear they serve a suptious reeflaw at this establishment."


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Sandara takes your hand with a mischevious grin, then follows you away to the late night meal.

Don't worry too much about Jape; that one may not be worth having on one's side, in any event. That one is Scourge's man, through and through.

You probably could - at the meal; she isn't allowed to eat at the Captain's table, but he'd expect you to serve her, as well. A few sentences would be okay; anything more than that would require a stealth check to keep the Captain off your tail.

Any other night time actions - Gregor, Ben, Moon?


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon will enjoy his evening with Grok, resting an recuperating from the events of the day.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

As Louly finishes serving the meal, she sits down next to Caulky with a wide smile. "So what do you think of the reefclaws?" she asks, brightly.

Diplomacy (with bonus from captain): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 = 13
Sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Feh


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Not much for me to do. Ben's abilities are fairly limited to picking things up and putting them down.

Ben eats his meal in silence. Making the effort to stare down Jape again. After that he heads to his hammock.
Initmidate:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Apparently all Ben manages to accomplish is to start sobbing and curl into a fetal position.


No nighttime actions for me...


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Quite safe to assume that, between Karn and Sandara - you're fully healed

Caulky, a slim waif of a girl with thin, brown hair and sunken eyes, can be no more than in her mid to late teens. She seems to shrink away at every sound louder than the clanging of a plate. She stutters out a clipped response to your question, then turns her eyes back down to her plate. I..it...it's fine.

Jape snorts at the attempt, then goes back to joking with Fipps and Scourge from where they dice with the master gunner, Riaris Krine.

The night proceeds withouth mishap, and many of your shipmates...though most of them those already friendly with you comment on the fine catch of the reefclaws well into the evening.

The next morning finds you in a familiar routine, as the bell sounds for first muster on the main deck, and Scourge doles out the days' tasks.

Ben is forced into line work on the sails. Can take 10, but roll DC10 con check to avoid fatigue. Remember that helpful NPC's can aid as needed

Moon and Kehlysch are driven down into the bilges for some cleanup. Can take 10 or roll as needed - DC12. Also roll a DC10 con check to avoid fatigue

Gregor is working on repairs. Can take 10, no con check needed

Louly is needed to cook, as Ambrose is well into his cups this morning. Can take 10 prof cook or intelligence check

We're in a block of downtime again, so please give me 3 day and night actions and sum up what you'd like to do. We can RP from there.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

What type of check is required for bilge cleaning, Strength or Profession sailor or something else?


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben gets to work right away climbing into the now familiar rigging.
Constitution:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
For all of the next actions Ben studies the routines of Jape and his pals. Particularly at night. What shifts they work, where they work etc. if I can.

Ugh I suck today


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly will spend the days cooking, something she's surprised to find she enjoys -- it's not that different from her alchemical formulae, honestly -- taking time to chat with her friends on the ship, especially Owlbear.

As time permits, she'll also continue to try to chat up others she hopes to sway to her side for the eventual mutiny she's secretly planning. She gives another try to Caulky the next day, hoping she can draw the girl -- perhaps the closest person to her in age, if not attitude -- out of her shell. She's pleased with her success early in the day, but is frustrated when she can't get any further that night, or any more insight into what the girl's thinking.

Day 1 mechanics:

Take 10 on Profession (cook): 16
Day 1 daytime action: Diplomacy (Caulky): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Day 1 nighttime action: Diplomacy (Caulky): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Sense motive? 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

She continues to try talking with the girl the next day, frustrated as she still can't seem to get through to her, though she feels like she's getting closer, and a little more insight into what's important to her.

Day 2 mechanics:

Day 2 daytime action: Diplomacy (Caulky): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Sense motive? 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Day 2 nighttime action: Diplomacy (Caulky): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Sense motive? 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Louly grins in triumph as the girl finally opens up on her fourth day of chatting.

Even better, that evening she realizes she's finally figured out how to use her father's old pistol. Her smile barely able to be dimmed, she draws upon her old memories and -- after a quick trip to get a few supplies from Grok -- sets up a small shop in the shadow of Owlbear. Chatting with the man as she works (and feeling just a touch guilty for using him as a de facto lookout), she begins crafting some black powder and iron bullets for her firearm.

Day 3 mechanics:

Day 3 daytime action: Diplomacy (XXX): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Day 2 nighttime action: Assuming I can find/acquire 3 gp worth of material, begin crafting 30 bullets for my pistol (requires a full day, so I assume I'll have to finish with my daytime action on day 4). No Craft check required.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Apologies Kehl - str check


Taking 10 on day job checks

Gregor will stay close to at least one of his party members each night...assisting them with making friends and influencing people as need be.

Aid Another/Diplomacy Night 1: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Aid Another/Diplomacy Night 2: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Aid Another/Diplomacy Night 3: 1d20 ⇒ 11

On second thought...maybe Gregor should just keep his mouth shut during the first two nights!


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Strength check: Day 1: Take 10+4 work dilligently = 14

Constitution check: Day 1: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 4 = 11 (endurance feat)

As Kehlysch makes his way down into the muck of the bilges, he looks over to the group's loot stash, trying to verify that it has not been disturbed:

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Assuming everything is as it should be, Kehlysch gets to work cleaning.

Night activity: late night swim, as usual.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Day 2:
Take 10 on task, as above.

Con check: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 4 = 16

Perception (check stash): 1d20 ⇒ 5

Night time swim: Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

"Bilges? You'd think we'd get a better lot after the reef excursion, eh Kehlysch." Moon nudges his companion, clearly disappointed with the designated task. "Ah well, it'll just make the rum that much sweeter at the end of the day." Moon plunks to the bilges to begin the day's work.

Day 1:

Take 10 for the Bilges work
Con check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Day Action, diplomacy to influence the crew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Night Action: early to bed to recover from the fatigue

Day 2:

Take 10 for the Bilges work
Con check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Day Action, diplomacy to influence the crew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Night Action, diplomacy to influence the crew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Day 3:

Take 10 for the Bilges work
Con check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Day Action, diplomacy to influence the crew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Night Action, diplomacy to influence the crew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

"Our successful venture wounded Scourge's pride, and the captain's praise poured salt on it. He will be looking for ways to break our spirit, knock us down a peg. This duty seems to be in line with that."


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

The next three days pass by in a blur, the crew going about what has passed for routine on the ship. The mood is lighter than it had been after the storm, with the few pirates friendly to you becoming even closer, but those outside of your trust seem to grow even further away from you.

Louly turns her attentions to Caulky once again, working tirelessly to force the young girl to open up with more than a single glance and a murmured hello. By the third day, the girl does indeed open up, as Louly catches her alone atop the Poop deck. The girl shows her shy nature and never raises her eyes to lock them with Louly’s, but she quietly speaks about her past – the life of a young girl among pirates, who was forced to grow up far too quickly. The girl has quite obviously had a difficult life, but she’s still slow to say anything about the captain save for plain facts obvious to anyone who’s been on the ship. She seems to take a strong liking to having another woman to talk to, even if those conversations have to be held in relative secrecy.

Caulky from indifferent to friendly; then to helpful from Gregor’s roll

Moon’s wit finally pays off, and the gnome, Conchobhar seems to open up. It turns out that he’s a professional gambler who made the mistake of drinking with the Wormwood’screw one night and failed to notice the cosh in a crew member’s hand until it was too late. He was on the ship only a day longer than you. He seems to be quite full of himself, and claims that his voice is his most potent weapon.

You find time to chat up Barefoot Samms Toppin,and as well, getting her fully on your side.

Conchobhar from unfriendly to indifferent to friendly to helpful; Barefott Samms Toppin to helpful

Ben’s vigilance in watching those pirates still unfriendly to your group helps Kehlysch immensely, as he’s able to help him find the right times during which to take a dip. This proves valuable on the second night, when Kehlysch slips and tumbles down over the side, letting out a loud splash. Luckily, Ben had directed him to the side when Cog was taking a watch, and the man was able to play it off to the rest of the crew as the surfacing of a large sea turtle. Cog shows some confusion at Kehlysch’s diving off of the side, but he only questions it with a perplexed look, and doesn’t pursue it further.

Bendrauss’s watch shows that those loyal to Scourge and his cronies are typically those that walk the shop on late watch, though every now and again one of the others is trusted to the task. It’s quite obvious that the differences between the groups are well-known.

The next morning, on the fourteenth day at sea, the morning is particularly hot and humid – so much that it proves difficult to get the energy to drag ones’ bones out of the hold. Many of the pirates are still in the hold, working up their wills to go topside; the first bell still hasn’t been rung. Suddenly, a peg-legged form casts a dark shadow down the stairs from above. Riaris Krine, the Master Gunner, is there, scowling down at the lot of you. Her skin is darkened from countless days on deck under the sun, and her nose has the appearance of having been broken several times over. One of her legs has been replaced with a wooden peg leg, the result of a wayward catapult, it’s rumored. She points at each of you, in turn. You ugly lot are with me today; get yer asses on deck now!

380 XP each for gaining three new helpful allies


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

"Here we are, again..." Kehlysch mutters under his breath, as he climbs from his hammock. "Another bellowing blowhard drunk with power."

He puts on a dutiful face, straightens his posture, and barks a reply in his best impression of a veteran sailor. "Aye, m'am, right away, m'am!"

Bluff (if necessary for his false sincerity): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

A small shiver of excitement runs through Louly, despite the potentially dangerous situation. She was secretly excited by the ship's siege weapons, so similar to what she'd grown up with in Alkenstar. The chance to work with the was too good to miss, even if she did have to work with the unpleasant Riaris Krine.

Man, imagine if we had a cannon on the ship, she thinks, her memories still with her adopted father. How amazing would that be?

She quickly climbs to her feet and makes toward the deck.

Did I get a chance to make any bullets? I know it's supposed to be a full day to create a batch of 30, so I don't know if I could've gotten any done with just a half day's work or if I have a bunch of them just half done.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon grins a devilish smile. Ah, master gunner, me old profession, I'll show her a thing or two, let the battle of peg legs begin!

Moon rises eagerly and makes for the deck, no need to feign his enthusiasm.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Imma cut her other leg off, and feed her to the sharks. Ben hauls himself from his hammock with great effort. He quickly buckles on his armor and weapons and heads topside.


Gregor complies readily...almost excited by the prospect of doing something less mundane.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Go ahead and figure a full day's batch; you'd have had the time over the three days

Riaris leads you away with a nod and a scowl, bringing you up to the main deck. She steps over to where the jolly boat typically is, her peg leg thumping a cadence that seems to match Moon's in tone. She turns and glares at you, and you can see said boat floating apart from the Wormwood, tethered to it with a thick rope.

Grappling is vital to what we do as pirates; we board and to board ya' gotta' get 'em close. So, today you lot are gonna' learn how to do it right. I'll take two of ya' at a time - yer out with me in the boat...so, who's first?

Notably, Karn isn't even with you...he's seemed to have distanced himself from the group of late, perhaps fearing the consequences of being the target of Scourge's...and thus Plugg's ire.

Not sure if he's coming back or not, but it certainly has been long enough for him to get to Shanghai and back again.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

"I'll go!" Louly says, stepping forward with excitement. Her usual grin splits her face.


"I've some experience in this area...I'd happily test my skill. Hopefully I haven't become too rusty."


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch readily yields the first round to his more enthusiastic companions, instead choosing to watch and perhaps, get a good sense of the concept before attempting it.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Krine nods, though the scowl on her face never wavers. She leads Gregor and Louly to the side of the ship, then hauls on the rope to bring the jolly boat in. She snarls at Jape, who stands nearby and tries to reach to help her. The burly half-orc grunts and stomps away to stand along the side of the ship with Fipps to watch.

Once the jolly boat is in, Krine follows you aboard and kicks the boat away, trailing the roap behind. The air is thick and hot, but the waters are calm and steady. As soon as the boat is out at the length of rope, Krine removes several grappling hooks with coils of rope. As she instructs, she shouts loud enough for those on the Wormwood to hear, as well.

Right, then...as I said, the use of a grapple to bring a ship near for boarding is a vital skill. If we can't board 'em, we can't loot 'em...and the captain won't suffer long and pirates who don't pull their weight. You two...ya' got first crack at it. Throw the hooks onto the ship and tie off the rope, then climb it to get on board.

Throwing the hook is a ranged attack roll, treating the hook as a thrown weapon with a range increment of 10 feet - so you'll have a -6 on your attack rolls due to range. The rail of the Wormwood is AC5, so feel free to RP your success or failure. You don't need a check to tie off the rope, but shimmying along it is a DC15 climb check.


Ranged: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Gregor cringes as his throw just barely finds its mark...but he makes up for it with am impressive climb.

"Now what?" he offers with a cocky wink.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly blinks as the hook slips out of her hand, not accustomed to the salty spray or, more importantly, the sudden wave that rocks the boat just as she went to cast.

Not looking at Riaris, she quickly pulls the hook in and tries to toss it again, only to have it hook on the back of the jolly.

Crestfallen, Louly's shoulders slump. "Can you show me again?" she asks hopefully, painfully aware she might be suffer for her mishaps here thanks to the captain's cruel efforts to rule through pain and fear.

1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 6 = -1
1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 6 = -2

Really, dice roller? A 2 and then a 1? This should be something Louly's really good at...

If given a third chance:

Louly's third cast hits nearly perfectly, snagging the bigger boat's railing, as she quickly pulls it taut. She quickly scurries across, happy to get away from the disapproving Riaris.

1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 6 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Throw: 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 6 = 13

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Kehlysch sets the grappling hook easily with his first throw. As he attempts to climb, he slips from the rope and lands with a splash in the water below. He quickly swims to the side of the jolly boat, hangs on for a moment as if to catch his breath, then climbs back into it.

"I am not built for climbing, it seems," he says, shrugging, then pulling up a sleeve and flexing the wire-thin muscles on his upper arm.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Gregor latches on with a rather uninspired throw, and Riaris snorts in amusement. Once Gregor climbs onto the rope, Riaris chuckles. Didn't think it'd be that easy, did you? You have to be able to hold the line even in the midst of a battle...distractions can cause us all to lose our focus.

Suddenly, Fipps, Jape, and a few other of the Scourge-loyalists begin to hurl a variety or fotting food, garbage, empty bottles, and buckets of bilgewater at Gregor.

Please make a DC10 Reflex save or lose your grip and fall in the water


Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Gregor holds onto the rope with one hand and offers a one finger pirate salute to Fipps and Jape with the other.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben is still aboard the Wormwood to my understanding.Ben turns a furious glare at Jape and his cronies. That is ENOUGH! he yells in a furious rage and charges the man with his huge fist leading the way.
If possible he targets Jape. If there is someone else in the way he hits them instead.

Charge Unarmed Strike:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
AC charging: 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon leaps in, grabbing ahold of Bendrauss, and pulling him back from the attack. "Easy there lad, it's part of the training, when we're attacking an enemy ship those on board are sure to throw more than rotting fruit at us, best we learn to deal with it now."

Moon won't let anyone get a free shot at Ben due to his holding him back, if they advance on him Moon simply lets go and prepares to join his friend in the scrum


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Gregor makes it across successfully, though more than a little debris glances off of him along the way. His salute draws a few chuckles from the main deck, but only brings increased pelting from the garbage-weilding assailants.

Krine gives a nod of appreciation at the fact that Gregor made it across, then she turns to watch Louly. After the first errant throw, her brow furrows in anger. After the second, she seethes. What're your arms made of, sails? Put your body into the throw and try again! When the third throw hits, she grunts noncommittally.

As Bendrauss rushes towards Fipps and Jape, the half-orc spins about, an empty bucket raised and poised for a swing. Luckily, Moon is able to hold him back from his initial attack, and Jape goes back to watching the line, no doubt waiting for Louly's turn so that he can pick his shots. When Louly starts across, Fipps and Jape do, indeed start a new barrage.

Ben - let me know if you want to try and force yourself away from Moon's hold and continue the fight. I'm assuming that his words were enough to stop you, otherwise, we'll have to get you two grappling. Louly - DC10 reflex save please, or find yourself swimming.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

I guess I jumped the gun in my previous post, since I wouldn't have been on the jolly boat yet while all this is happening. Feel free to apply the rolls listed if Kehlysch gets a turn after this sequence plays out. Meanwhile...

Kehlysch glares at the pair of thugs with open disdain.

"Don't waste your knuckles on these two, Ben! Fat Fippsie can barely climb the stairs, let alone a rope, and he already smells worse than rotten cabbage!"

Do you want a Diplomacy or Intimidate roll for taunting?


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly's able to avoid most of the large fruit, as she swings her way over to the bigger boat, turning and grinning toward Riaris as she finally makes it to "safe harbor."

Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben glares at Moon. His time is coming soon... he says to the peg legged man. Think real hard Japes... he then yells to Japes fixing them all with a menacing scowl.

Intimidate:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Japes snorts derisively then turns back to his task of refuse-hurling. He and Fipps set to it with particular aplomb, particularly when they see a female target, apparently assuming that the potential for retribution would be lessened. They seem to keep a relative poise in the face of any taunts or threats, which is more than a bit out of character.

Either would work - Dip or Intim for the taunt

Louly makes it across, and Krine gives a quick and approving nod. Adequate. Next!


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

"Right, Ben, let's show them swabs how this is done, we scale that rope and we don't give a damn what Jipps or Faps is throwing at us."

Moon plunks to the edge of the ship, ready to test his skill at the art of boarding.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Diplomacy (taunt): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Kehlysch frowns as his words have no effect on Fipps. He makes his way toward the jolly boat, only to realize that Moon is already on board. He looks to Ben.

"Do you want the next run, or shall I?"


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Krine nods as Kehlysch and Moon jump aboard, then motions for Bendrauss. C'mon then; I can take you as well...maybe that scowl a' yers'll help ya' on the ropes. She takes you out and nods for you to get started.

Kehlysch sets the grappling hook easily with his first throw. As he attempts to climb, he slips from the rope and lands with a splash in the water below. He quickly swims to the side of the jolly boat, hangs on for a moment as if to catch his breath, then climbs back into it.

"I am not built for climbing, it seems," he says, shrugging, then pulling up a sleeve and flexing the wire-thin muscles on his upper arm.

Krine seethes in anger and curses through gritted teeth. Pathetic! Get up there and try again! On the ship, Fipps and Jape chuckle in their merriment.

Go ahead and figure on 3 tries if you fail. That would be the max that Krine would allow


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Climb 1; 1d20 ⇒ 10

Climb 2: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Climb 3: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Kehlysch scrambles onto the rope, only to lose his hold over and over; looking thoroughly incompetent at climbing.

"As I said, (huff huff) m'am, (huff). I am not made for climbing. Be grateful I was not made a rigger (huff)."


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon flings his grappling hook at the ships rail.

Grapple the Rail (+5, -6): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

"Aye, lads, that's how it's done!" Moon grabs the rope and throws his peg leg over it, then shimmies up to the ship.

Climb to the Rail (+5): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"See, lads, the Moon rises again!"


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Krine fumes in anger at the spectacle of Kehlysch's ultimate failure. Fipps and Jape barely have the time to pepper him with any refuse; as he falls off of the rope so quickly. Krine shouts out at the ship as Moon helps Kehlysch aboard after his latest dunking. Looks like the rumors a' this one are true...it's a life in the sea for him...not a life at sea! Your swims'll be a fine distraction when we draw ta' battle...both sides would love ta' skewer a fine sea turtle like yerself. Despite the jest, she looks truly angry at the failure, as if it were a personal affront.

Moon's success improves her mood, if only in that she nods as if that was what she expected from her charges. She looks to Gregor aboard The Wormwood, then at Moon. Looks like yer neck and neck; one of ya' can expect ta' be leading a boardin' party, unless tha' rigger here can do better. She motions for Bendrauss to give it a try, her face a picture of her impatience.

Bendrauss is next; getting caught up, so we'll move on from this exercise as soon as he posts, or I post for him.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

"Come on, Ben, you can do it," Louly shouts encouragement to the final member of her apparent cohort, hoping the man can undo some of the embarrassment caused by Kehlysch.

651 to 700 of 989 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The voyage begins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.