Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Rapscallion's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Nayr Trebrot

Tales of piracy, power struggles, and treachery on the high seas. Are there any that can turn their fallen luck to real pirate gold?


551 to 600 of 989 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Gregor approaches Jape. "It doesn't have to be this way. You put just as much effort into saving that lass as anyone else did. Come back and join us....please."

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly raises her mug at Moon's words, gulping it down as quickly as anyone else on the boat. Later she'll make her way over to Fishguts with another mug, which she'll share with him.

"Nothing like a drink after a hard day, huh?" she tells the man, hoping a little more alcohol cements him firmly as an ally.

Diplomacy, with bonus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

GM, I noticed Cogsward's name still isn't listed on the Campaign Info tab.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Taking advantage of good camaraderie among the group, Moon tries to sway Conchobhar.

"Aye, lad, I've seen you eyeballing that lady there." Moon nods towards Rosie, "maybe the Moon can show you a few dance steps , help you grease yer hair back, show you the ropes for wooing a lady, whaddya say?"

Diplomacy with a +4: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd
GM Rapscallion wrote:

You and the others...I was right to think that you're not like the rest of this lot. What will you do now that...well, now that you know what life aboard the Wormwood is like?

Sandara's already helpful; I'd say let's save that fine roll for someone else; who do you want to be the target of your charms?

I couldn't resist using my heroics as an excuse to hit on the redhead. ;-)

"The winds are changing. You can sense it. You know as well as any sailor that new winds need a new heading."

Kehlysch gives her another smile, a wink, and a gentlemany kiss on the back of her hand. He then moves over to Jape and Gregor.

"You have my thanks, Jape. You could have stood by and watched the sea take us, but you didn't. I will not forget the aid you gave today."

He offers Jape his hand.

"Let us chart a new course from here."


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Sandara turns one corner of her mouth up in a pouty smile, and her eyes sparkle again, this time with amusement.

I couldn't have said it better, Kehlysch.

She accepts the kiss with an appropriate blush that tends to hint that she's a bit more proper and ladylike than her pirating nature would suggest.

Jape looks at Gregor, then at Kehlysch as he approaches, and grunts in a noncommittal manner. He sits in his hammock, seeming unsure...not confrontation, perhaps, but not friendly either. From two hammocks away, the fat Fipps rolls over in his hammock and snorts.

Maybe e's wantin' ta' be on the right side a' tha' boat, eh? When cap'n is onto ya', yer all gonna feed tha fishes.

Fishguts is more than amiable, and he taps his mug againt yours with a grin. He looks nearly as tired as Sandara, and he often winces as he adjusts his seat outside of his quarters.

Me' Louly; yer a fine sight for an' 'ol seadog like me. Been years since I seen a storm like we saw today...I aven't the body for it anymore, I tell ya. He grins widely. As fine a friend I 'aven't seen in half a lifetime, Louly - you and yer friends didn't give a second thought ta' savin' that girl, and I think that's a fine thing. Only thing I regret is how ya' got here...cause it weren't of yer own choosin'.

Excellent job - he's on to helpful.

The gnome smiles as he raises his own rum in a toast, though the smile doesn't touch his eyes.

Oh, I don't think that would be necessary, Mr. Moon. My expoits are nearly legendary, as any would tell you. Perhaps with a proper hat and a fine jig, I could have you ship-shape, as well.

His smile is sly, but not warm.

Sorry, no good; DC23. Fixed Cogsward - thanks! 150 XP ea for turning Fishguts to helpful.


Gregor stares down Fipps. "And maybe he wants to be his own man. When was the last time you made a decision for yourself? Someday it may be you trying to stay afloat in harsh waters....who would risk their lives for the likes of you?"

Gregor shakes his head and returns his attention to Jape. "I'd prefer that you join us...but if you'd rather sit here and sulk that's your business." Me? I'm going to drink my fair share of rum."


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd
GM Rapscallion wrote:

From two hammocks away, the fat Fipps rolls over in his hammock and snorts.

Maybe e's wantin' ta' be on the right side a' tha' boat, eh? When cap'n is onto ya', yer all gonna feed tha fishes.

Kehlysch throws a dark look in Fipps' direction. "Thank you for your candor, Fipps. If the captain, Plugg, or Scourge start looking for malcontents, everyone here will know who is responsible."

He ends his statement with a hint of menace.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 +4 if heroics count.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

"Maybe not, Fishguts, but I'm starting to think maybe someone or something's got some plan for me. My life's been strange, but I feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be. I've always kind of been looking for a home and strange is this may seem, the Wormwood seems like it could be that home. Once a few things change," she adds the last sentence in a low voice, possibly intended only for herself.

After chatting with Fishguts for a while -- and making sure Owlbear gets something to drink was he released during the storm?, Louly heads for her hammock, exhausted after the hard day of work and the pleasant night of partying.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Fishguts snorts at Gregor, but he only stares at Kehlysch in defiance...which fades quickly under the lingering menace of the gillman's statement. Soon enough, he's turning over in his hammock, grunting and mumbling to himself.

Jape eyes the thick back of the man and then turns his gaze to you. He tilts his head slightly to the side, as if considering, then furrows his brow in confusion. He waves you away as he crawls into his own hammock and turns on his side.

Fishguts glances aside at you at the ominous words, but he swallows back his response with a sip of his rum. He continues to talk for a bit, though with a bit of guarded hesitation, as if he's afraid to commit to whatever cause you might imply. Throughout, though, he seems to be agreeing with every point you bring about.

Owlbear grunts at your approach, though he flashes a smile. Big waves make it rock down here. Owlbear go for a ride. He seems quite proud of the blood caked on his wrists from where his arms were no doubt painfully wrenched this way and that in the deadly swells of the stormy seas.

He indeed, was not released...which undoubtedly sucked for him. Please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to do. If not, we'll move on tomorrow.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

I'm good for the night.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch finishes his mug, giving several grateful shoulder pats to those who hauled him back on board. He then heads to his bunk, allowing the weariness to claim his consciouness.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

As the next day dawns, the aftermath of the storm still brings in larger swells than is usual, and the sun rarely pokes through the lingering gray clouds. You can tell from what little sun you see that the ship is now headed southeast.

The deck, sails, and rigging is still quite a bit in disrepair due to the storm the day before, so most of the crew is allocated to repairs and swabbing the deck. Master Scourge is in an even darker mood than usual, undoubtedly unhappy with the setback from the storm and the work to be done. He directs you with few words, but stern looks a-plenty.

Bendrauss:
Today, you're in rigging repair - you can take 10 for the climb check and dex check.

Louly:
Today, Fishguts seems to want to talk - about anything and everything. You can take an extra ship action today, but please roll a DC10 con check to keep from getting drunk, if you'll drink with him.

Everyone else is working as swabs or in repairs.

The work is heavy and hard for those swabbing the deck or in repairs; please include a DC10 con check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift. Please let me know what you'd like to do for a daytime action; note that you have a bonus to influence others still, due to your actions yesterday.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Con check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Kehlysch seems no worse for his exertions, and quickly finishes his work. He notices the fierce man known as Maheem, and approaches. With a nod, he reaches into the tangle of rope he is currently trying to unsnarl.

"An extra set of hands will get this sorted faster, and Scourge won't be using your back for a drum head."

Dex Check: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 = 9 (work diligently)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben is eager to take on his daily tasks. Basking in the salty air and enjoying a calm day as a sailor.

Profession(Sailor):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

It soon becomes apparent however that the amount of damage done is overwhelming. Ben growls in frustration as he cuts and re-strings new lines. By midday it is clear his progress has slowed and it will take him many more hours.

Con:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Can ben continue his work as his daytime action? Or is that already it lol. The daily actions still confuse me!


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon sets about his daily tasks, finding a chance to again attempt to influence Conchobhar during the work.

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Con check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Looks like ol' Grok has put a jig in your step eh Moon? Ben calls out to Moon from his perch in the rigging. A slight hint of irritation can be heard. One can only surmise it's due to the peg leg sailors speed and efficiency performing his tasks.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Ben, you can work diligently as your daily action, which would give you a +4 to your roll.

Louly, still a bit sore and hoping to take advantage of Fishguts' garrulousness , decides to take a few drinks with him, hoping he might drop some more information that could be of use about their fellow boatmates, or possibly where they're headed.

Eventually, happy from the drink, but frustrated at the lack of useful information -- did she really need to know about the time he did ... that ... with the innkeeper's daughter? No wonder he ended up on the ship! And that's not something I'll ever be able to unhear! -- she heads topside to see if anyone else has some time to talk.

With the liquid courage flowing through her veins, she approaches Riaris Krine, the hateful master gunner. "Hello," she says brightly, eying his weapons appreciatively. "I'm from Alkenstar, you know, if you ever want to talk guns. My father was a famous gunsmith!"

Later, pleased with how that conversation went, she'll make her way to talk with Aretta once more. Again, rebuffed, she decides the woman must just not like her for some reason. Maybe I did something to offend her...

Mechanics:

Diplomacy to gather information? 1d20 ⇒ 2
Con check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Daytime action 1: Diplomacy to talk with Riaris Krine, the master gunner 1d20 ⇒ 16
Daytime action 1: Diplomacy to talk with Aretta 1d20 ⇒ 6
Sense motive with Aretta 1d20 ⇒ 1

OK, I officially give up trying to talk to Arretta. Someone else can do that from now on!


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Sandara jumps in to assist Kehlysch and, in fact, she seems to not spend much time awy from his side during the day. Her help is just enough to complete the repairs, but the goodwill created by their work doesn't seem to impress Maheem. The big Rahadoumi man scowls in apparent anger and goes back to his work, choosing not to respond but instead concentrate on his work.

Bendrauss spends his time concentrating on his work, but still Rosie needs to lend a hand for him to finish on time. She seems happy to help, and the rigging seems to be in much better shape by the end of the day.

Moon's efficiency at his work does little to crack through Conchobhar's self-satisfied smile. The little fellow seems completely unwilling to devote himself to being friendly with Moon and his friends.

Louly holds her rum well, and Fishguts talks well into the day, at times stopping to actually work on the meals for the day. Alas, he offers no new and useful information in his ramblings, but he does draw closer to Louly for the cameraderie.

Riaris Krine raises and eyebrow at your introduction, then looks at you with obvious distaste. When I want yer opinion, I'll get it outta' ya'. Till then, let's leave the weapons of this ship ta' me, right?

The work continues all of the way up to a surprisingly good evening meal of steamed fresh deepsea prawns in a dark broth with dense but flaky biscuits. Grok delivers the rum and soon finds herself to Moon's side, as many of the others on deck also gather around the odd, newest group to retell stories of the storm and Kehlysch's wild leap into the turbulent waters.

Man - no luck all around; Please post your night actions and rolls so that we can get back into the swing of things, here.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch enjoys Sandara's company throughout the day's work. As evening falls, his harrowing tale has been re-told, and the usual evening festivities get underway, he hands her a mug of rum, takes her hand and leads her away from the rest of the crew.

GM Rap:
"Sandara, everyone on this ship has a past, and probably secrets they do not want known. I have a secret as well, one that I have to entrust to you. Your knowing may change your opinion of me, and I accept that risk. Just know that I reveal this to you because I trust you."

Kehlysch takes Sandara's free hand and slowly places it on the side of his neck, just inside his collar.

"This is how I could hold my breath for so long. Think, what do you feel...here."

He places his own hand over hers, and looks intently into her eyes.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Kehlysch:
Sandara's eyes sparkle as she follows you, and her slight smile shows mischevious merriment as the two of you head into the shadows followed by the hoots and bold jests of your pirate mates. She sits close to you, but the proximity is far from uncomfortable and her calming nature sets you at ease.

She gasps at the narrow openings in your throat; reflexively, her hand pulls away. However, it comes back quickly after, and Sandara's face reddens in embarassment. I...I'm sorry...I wasn't prepared. You truly are blessed by the mistress of the seas; are you...umm...well, are your friends like you?


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

GM Rap:
"If any of them are, they have hidden it from me, and I have not yet told them about myself."

Kehlysch takes her hand and touches it gently to his lips for a long moment.

"The sea is literally my life. In the evenings before lights-out, I slip down the mooring lines aft, and soak in the ocean water. If I do not, I become weak, and wracked with pain. Too long away from the sea, and I would surely die."

He smiles, and chuckles, giving a small shrug.

"My destiny is inextricably tied to the sea. I wanted to be sure that you knew that before you made any...decisions."

He gazes at the lady pirate, and waits for her response.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben spends the evening topside watching the ocean and the stars. While simultaneously milling around nearbye the captains quarters doorway. I'm thinking this is a standard ship where that door opens right below the poop deck.
Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

But alas a roving pack of dolphins distracts the man and he overhears nothing.Useless!


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon enjoys his rum and time with Grok. When a moment presents itself, he tries to influence the big Rahadoumi man Maheem. "Aye, lad, you's been working hard as the rest of us, enjoy a mug o' rum with the Moon, relax a bit, and share some stories."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly rolls her eyes at the weapons master's words, muttering -- "Your loss" -- as she returns to her work.

That evening, she'll approach Kipper, the gunman's mate, to see if he's more open to talking -- "So have you seen any action? It must be exciting to get in a boat battle!" -- but eventually gives up, heading to bed.

Nighttime action: Influence Kipper. Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Seense movite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Feh!


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Kehlysch:
Sandara gasps at the thought of your skin drying up to such a point, showing genuine concern. Her eyes glisten with wetness, but not of pity; instead, her beautiful face shows a fierce pride and happiness.

You're a unique man, Kehlysch - I share my mistress's love of the stormy seas of course, and I too feel bound to her dark waters. But, to have the joy of being born of the sea and tied to it so; why, it must bring such happiness that...no one else could.

She pauses, her breathing deep and hot. It seems I've never properly thanked you for saving me. Before you can react, she leans in for a kiss, fierce as her chaotic goddess's wrath, then breaks it off - again more quickly than you anticipate. There...perhaps it doesn't compare with the kiss of the sea, but I fear that it's all I have.

Ben hears nothing of note by the captain, but one thing of note is hard to miss after standing there for so long - the door is impressively stout - ironbound with no gaps to speak of.

Maheen and Kipper both seem more interested in the games of chance and rum on the main deck, and they offer little conversation for Moon and Louly. The mood isn't poor on the deck, but there's an obvious divide between groups friendly to the group and those loyal to Plugg and his cronies. Many seem unwilling to choose a side.

The remainder of the night passes without event, and everyone turns in a bit early to recover from a long day and night of toil fixing up the ship from damage in the storm.

The next day's weather is clear and warm, and a light strip of water can be seen to the East as you gain the main deck for morning muster. Moon points out under his breath that you're near the waters of the Slithering Coast, where shallows make navigation tricky.

You find Mister Plugg eyeing you with his typical smirk. At his feet lie four crab pots. Hope ya' louts slept well, fer I got a special task for ya'. Tha' cap'n wants fresh crab fer suppa'. Ya' see that reef out there? Well, ya' can swim out there, fill tha' pots, and bring 'em back. Any questions?

Plugg selects Louly, Moon, Gregor, Bendrauss, Kehlysch, and Sandara to make the swim, insisting that Karn has other duties.

The waters are calm (DC10 swim checks) and clear visibility (100 feet). If anyone wants to continue or add any conversations from last night, we can do so retroactively.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

"Right then, crab it'll be, eh lads n' lasses."

Moon plunks right up to Plugg, putting extra emphasis up banging his peg leg against the deck.

In a loud voice, "Suppose you couldn't have found anyone better for the task of swimming, eh Plugg?"

Moon snatches up a crab pot and makes his way back to the group, preparing himself for the upcoming three-limb paddle effort.

swim check, when needed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly takes a deep gulp -- she didn't get much practice swimming in the Mana Wastes -- and jumps in, hoping she'll remember how to keep afloat. Still, the one time her father took her out on that lake sticks with her, and she's soon cutting through the water with easy, making her way toward the reef.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Swim check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Kehlysch dives smoothly into the water and makes his way toward the reef, he hovers behind the group, watching to see if anyone has trouble making the swim.

GM Rap (previous evening):

Kehlysch returns her embrace, and holds her close to him.

"You are wild, powerful, and beautiful; like the sea herself," he replies.

He pauses a long moment to gaze into her eyes, then continues, keeping her hand in his.

"Speaking of the sea; she is calling to me. I will not keep you from the evening's festivities, though you are most welcome to join me for a moonlight swim."

He looks at her with a warm, inviting smile that (he hopes) doesn't cross the line with beautiful piratesse.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben sheds all of his gear but a dagger and puts himself over the side of the ship unceremoniously and begins making his way through the water.

Swim:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Unless I can take 10 in which case it would be a 17 ;p


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Gregor leaps in with the group, his strokes strong and controlled.

Swim1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Soon enough you reach a superb coral reef, approximately 100 yards square, lying between 5 and 30 feet below the surface. It's fairly easy to find a very shallow spot to use as a staging area for placement of your buckets while you dive for your catch.

Many crabs seem to inhabit the reef, and each round, you can make a DC10 Perception or survival check to spot a crab, followed by a DC10 swim check to swim down and catch the pesky crustacean. Four crabs are required for each pot X 4 pots = 16 crabs.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly grins as she sees numerous crabs nearby. Diving down, she quickly pulls up two, dropping them in the pot.

As she goes for the third, though, she's horrified to realize it's much farther away than she realized, and she begins struggling to get back to the surface!

Mechanics:

Spot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Spot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Spot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Swim 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Swim 3: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Didn't know how far you wanted us to go. If we get interrupted or there's no need for that third dive, please feel free to ignore the dicebot's attempt to drown Louly.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

"Hells with all this diving Louly!" Moon fishes his companion up to the surface and paddles there with her while she sputters out the sea water. "Captain don't be givin' a damn who grabs the crabs as long as we bring back enough to fill their bellies. We might as well float about the surface spotting the beasties while Kehlysch nabs them off the reef."

assuming we can just spot the crabs while Kehlysch dives down to get the ones we spot. With 4 of us making perception checks we should be able to find the crabs as well as see any threats approaching.

Perception checks:

1 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
2 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
3 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
4 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
5 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
6 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
7 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
8 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
9 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
10 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
11 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
12 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
13 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
14 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
15 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
16 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

yep, there's crabs on the reef


I'm assuming I didn't don my armor to swim for crabs...if so -2 from Swim checks.

Swim: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Swim: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Swim: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Swim: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

"Happy to," Kehlysch replies. "I made my living doing this before I signed on with our fine captain."

Kehlysch follows Moon's lead, looking where he points, takes a deep breath (for show) and shoots down through the water to fetch the crabs; scooping up the scuttling creatures and putting them in his mesh diving bag.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

I wouldn't be surprised if this was just an easy way to get us off the ship as they maroon us here... Ben thinks gloomily and then gets to work.

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 4
Swim:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 6
Swim:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 14
Swim:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 15
Swim:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Ben struggles to see anything with the stinging saltwater in his eyes.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Your delightful swim and subsequent crabbing starts well, as there's a fine pool of deeper water inside the rim of the shallows. This pool serves as an outlet for creatures that slipped over the rim of the shallows to investigate the deeper waters.

Within less than a minute, you have nine crabs stuffed into the buckets. With Moon's spotting and Kehlysch's surprisingly effortless swimming, they make a fine team. And, Louly, Bendrauss, and Gregor contribute their own catches to the bounty. Even Sandara comes up with one crab, though her second dive is less fruitful.

Before you can go for a third, you can see some larger forms stirring in the depths below. Whatever they are, they must be fantastic swimmers, as they burst out of the surface of the water with uncanny speed. About the size of large dogs, these creatures appear much like a lobster in the front, but have the flapping tail of an eel in the back. Blood red spines run the length of their bodies, like dorsal fins. Seeing food, they attack!

Map

Roll initiative and post your action if you beat a 7 - there are three of the creatures now; note that the deeper water in the center isn't shallow enough to stand in, but the area around the edge is only about 1-1/2 to 2 feet deep.

Knowledge dungeoneering DC14:
You recognize these creatures as Reefclaws - you know that they go into vicious death throes when killed, and their claws carry a poison.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

"Look out!" Louly calls out as she sees the things emerge.

Quickly dipping into her pouch, she pulls a catalyst vial and hurls it toward one of the creatures. She grins as it explodes into fire on the lead creature, the flames licking at the two behind it, even as she steps back from the deeper water. 7 hp; 4 splash damage/Reflex save DC 14 for half; step back to D11

Mechanics:

No training in Knowledge (dungeoneering), so can't make that DC

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Round 1
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +1
CMD 13
HP 9/9
Bombs 1/4


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

"Them crabs ain't gonna fit in our pots!" shouts Moon.

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 (what a waste)

Drawing his boarding axe, Moon waits for a creature to get within his range and then chops at it.

Mechs:

Round 1
Init: 26
AC 18, touch 15, flat-footed 13
Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2
CMD 16
HP 10/10
Hair: greasy
Teeth: chipped


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Reefclaws! Beware, their claws are poisonous, and they go into a violent frenzy when mortally wounded."


Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"Fantastic!"

What epuipment do we have with us in terms of armor/weapons?


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Bendrauss pulls his dagger free and roars deep and loud.
Intimidate:p1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Come 'ere sea beast. I'm gonna crack you open and suck the marrow from yer bones!
Ben attacks the first to approach him.
Atk:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

It's safe to assume that you brought all of your weapons, but no armor or ancillary gear. Feel free to plead your case should you feel otherwise

Louly and Kehlysch:
You recall from your knowledge of these creatures or from your pilfered cookbook that Reefclaw meat is often considered quite the delicacy, though it's somewhat taboo to eat it.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

I made sure to start with armor that had no check penalties for the purpose of a water bound campaign. How about a compromise, Moon keeps on the belly warmer, but sheds the arm and leg gear for the swim. That would drop his AC and flat footed by 2, touch would stay the same, 16/15/11.


I'm trying to imagine myself swimming with a Greatsword...I think I'll just assume all I have is a dagger.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

I factored in armor in my Swim checks, but I'm OK if you want to say I didn't have it.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

GM Rap and Louly:

With regard to the meat being a delicacy and also taboo, which people tend to consider it a delicacy and which people see it as taboo? Why is it taboo ( bad luck, affront to a god, or the like)?

Would either of us have sufficient knowledge to remove the poison sacs from the claws, or milk the poison from them?


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

I stated that I was shedding my gear minus my dagger, so I will suffer the consequences!AC:12!


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Moon - sounds fine; Gregor - I can see your point...that would be tricky; Louly - if you factored it in, go ahead and keep it

Louly and Kehlysch:
Most do consider it a delicacy; the reason it's seen as taboo is that there are some people that consider these creatures to be more intelligent than a pig or cow. Thus, some may consider it to border on cannibalism...akin to eating an orc or goblin. I'd think that you could do the latter. It would be tough to get through the carapace without bursting the sacs, but you could probably figure out how to milk them.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Thanks! So, where do things stand in our battle with the vile critters?


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Sandara is surprised by the attack, but she recovers just a step behind Moon. C'mon then, crab-pups! The b%~%~ of these seas is protecting this lot! Casts Bless: +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saves vs fear

Louly's bomb flies in and smashes against the lead Reefclaw's solid carapace, bursting into shards of glass and fire with concussive force. The lead creature's shell cracks in several places and fluid oozes out to mix with the seawater. It's brethren suffer far less as the flames spread to them, but they also let out a shrill whine of pain.

As Louly takes a step back and Moon and Bendrauss await their foe, the crab creature's move forward in a comination ot a scurry and a swim. One lunges in at Kehlysch, swiping with two claws. The first is too early, but the second slashes along his arm, drawing lines of blood. It attempts to pinch Kehlysch's arm, but the slick seawater forces it to slide off.3 damage; DC13 fort save or lose 1d2 str

A second creature charges in at Gregor, but misses with it's swiping claws. The last targets Moon as a tasty morsel and moves forward, its claws clacking.

Moon - take your readied action; then it's Gregor and Kehlysch. None of the critters came within range of you, Ben

Map

Initiative order:
Moon - 26
Sandara - 21
Ben - 12
Louly - 11
Reefclaws - 7
Gregor - 6
Kehlysch - 4

551 to 600 of 989 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The voyage begins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.