Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Rapscallion's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Nayr Trebrot

Tales of piracy, power struggles, and treachery on the high seas. Are there any that can turn their fallen luck to real pirate gold?


501 to 550 of 989 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Maybe we just kill the bards then eh? Ben pats the man on the shoulder but he doesn't smile as if he were jesting.


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Louly decides to lay off, wary of pushing the halfling and making things worse.

"Well, I think my friends did most of it, but it doesn't take that much to throw some fruit. I hear halflings are usually pretty good throwers too. Maybe we can have a little contest some day, see if we can't amuse the crew with a little less violence?"


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Ratline squints as he eyes you, then slowly nods his head. After a moment, the nod is firmer, as is apparently his resolve. He grins at the compliment. Aye...throwers like ya' wouldn' believe...though I ne'er blinded somebody with a vegetable. A bit a' daggers er darts then? More 'an 'appy ta' take a bit a' yer coin ta' lighten yer burden.

My apologies for the previous post - your DIP roll was actually enough to sway him to friendly from indifferent. If you throw with him during one evening (whether you gamble or not), you'll get a +2 circumstance bonus to make him helpful. If you do choose to gamble with him, please figure on a wager and give me 5 ranged attack rolls with whatever item you're chuckin'.

The evening passes by much more uneventfully than the day had before, and you awaken to more sun and more heat in your sixth day aboard the Wormwood.

Knowledge local or Geography, or Profession Sailor DC15:
You can see that you're now headed southwest, and Dahak's Teeth passed you on the Wast late this morning. That means that you're just out of Jeopardy Bay.

These next few days are more tense than those recently aboard the Wormwood, and more than a few arguments are had between those seeming more loyal to Plugg and your friends like Rosie and Sandara. The gap between the groups only seems to grow wider as the next few days leave little time for anything but working and becoming more aggravated with each other.

We're running through three days of actions, so please include with your posts: 3 day actions, 3 night actions, checks for each, any additional items you'd wish to accomplish.

Bendrauss:
You're working as a lookout for the next few days; please use DC10 perception checks. You can take 10 on your climb checks.

Louly:
You're fishing for the next three days, so roll a DC10 survival check to catch enough for a good meal. Also, on the 7th day, Fishguts is unable to cook as he's so far gone he sleeps most of the day. So, you'll have to cook...requiring a DC10 intelligence check, with a +2 due to the cookbook

Kehlysch:
It's hauling rope and knot work for you; roll DC10 str checks and DC10 con checks for each day.

Moon:
You're a rat catcher! Roll a DC10 stealth, survival, or Dex check to catch enough vermin for a good day's work

Gregor:
You're swabbin' the decks! Roll a DC10 Str or Con check to avoid fatigue.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Profession (Sailor):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

For my night actions I will rest for the evening so as to be able to perform my daily tasks with no ill effect. Damn... A good lookout I do not make!


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 (working diligently all days)

Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Con check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (Endurance feat)

Con check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Con check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Night-time Activity: The Usual

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

I'm confused; I'm guessing the part about Fishguts being too drunk to cook is left over from a previous post or maybe you were planning to do seven days instead of three?


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Sorry for the confusion; that's the 7th day aboard the ship. Being that this is day 6, that's tomorrow.


Gregor swabs the decks...working diligently.

Strength: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Figured I'd spoiler everything just to prevent walls o' text and mechanics. Feel free to read anyone who wants.

Day 6:

Thrilled with her daily haul -- she almost didn't even need a line as the fish seemed to practically throw itself out of the water at her -- Louly decides she's got enough free time to continue her effort to make friends with those who seemed most upset about her punishment. After a quick visit with Owlbear, she tracks down Aretta and tries to engage the woman in conversation, but apparently the smell of fish on her throws off her attempts.

That night, she'll catch up with Ratline to see if he's up for a game of throwing daggers. "I don't have much to wager with, but I suppose you could have my rations of rum if you win. Though I don't think you will."

Despite her bold words, her aim is almost as bad as its ever been -- she almost sends the dagger completely off the ship on one throw. She bites her lip, thinking it will take a minor miracle for her to win the match, much less the halfling's trust. I should have stuck with rotten vegetables, I guess.

Survival to fish: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Daytime action: Influence Aretta 1d20 ⇒ 10

Nighttime action: Influence Ratline, with a game of darts. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Throw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Throw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Throw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Throw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Throw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Day 7:

Despite her tripidation at having to cook, Louly manages to have a little more luck, not even needing Owlbear's help to avoid a disastrous fish-and-cheese combination. Instead, she accepts any accolades her grilled bluefin in a rosemary buerre blanc brings, hoping the culinary success gives her a little more luck at trying to befriend the four could-be allies.

As the dish is cooking during the day, she scoops up some rotting fruit, making a show of practicing with them near Ratline as she jokes with the halfling about wanting a rematch.

The evening, after the meal is done, she'll try to track down the gnome with the foppish hat. "So what did you think? I may not be Fishguts, but it wasn't half bad if you ask me." She's disappointed though to learn he apparently choked on a pin bone she didn't manage to filet out and quickly retreats to chat with Owlbear before turning in for the night.

Cooking check (+3 Int, +2 cookbook) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Daytime action: Influence Ratline (not sure if I can get a +1 or 2 for using the fruit) 1d20 ⇒ 16

Nighttime action: Influence gnome in the foppish hat 1d20 ⇒ 4
Sense motive? 1d20 ⇒ 14

So Ratline should now be helpful, I think, though I've gotten nowhere with Aretta or the gnome.

Day 8:

The next day finds her back on the lines, where she's again easily able to haul in some catches. Well, if I don't end up liking being a pirate, I could probably make a good living being a fisherwoman. I guess I must have gotten this from my real parents, since there certainly wasn't much fishing in the Wastes.

Taking the time available from the easy haul, she tracks down the gnome to apologize for the previous evening's mishap but doesn't seem to get too far.

Having struck out with Aretta and the gnome (twice), she decides to track down the man in the bandana instead, and see if she has any more luck catching his interest. "Hey," she says with a smile. "I don't think we met. I'm Louly."

Survival to fish: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Daytime action: Influence gnome in the foppish hat 1d20 ⇒ 2
Sense motive again? 1d20 ⇒ 5

Nighttime action: Influence man in the bandana 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

That should have Ratline helpful, and the man friendly, though I've gotten nowhere with Ratline or Arretta, including not knowing what motivates them.

Phew! Exhausted, Louly collapses into her hammock.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Each day Bosun Moon will concentrate on influencing a crew member, spending both his daytime and nighttime actions on the task.

he'll concentrate on getting those that have responded positively to the full friendly status and based on the actions of others in the party he'll change his targets accordingly

Day 6:

Rat Catching (Dex. check):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Influence (day): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Influence (night): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Day 7:

Rat Catching (Dex. check):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Influence (day): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Influence (night): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Day 8:

Rat Catching (Dex. check):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Influence (day): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Influence (night): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Strength: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Strength: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Nighttime actions to follow...


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Night action, Day 8:

After getting back on deck, Kehlysch decides to observe the crew on watch.

Who are they? What specific duties to they accomplish? How many are there?

Once he has a sense of it, he heads off quietly to his bunk.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Bendrauss proves to be a fine sentry on the first day, but he then grows lax on the second day, missing a nearby shallow reef and almost allowing the ship to be beached. The lick of Scourge's whip reminds him of his duties, though, and the next day goes much better.

Bendrauss:
Feel free to take your day actions to influence the crew

Kehlysch makes it through his rope work, but seems to have suffered through the work on the final day. He goes to bed wincing and cursing the work.

Kehlysch:
You are fatigued at the end of the last day's work. Through your surveillance, you note that the watch is made up mostly of those who are seemingly friendly with Plugg and Scourge. Fipps and Jape, among others, each take turns with the watch, which is typically only two men or women, rotated every three hours.

You can take 10 on those stealth checks, since you basically have all night to fit it in.

Gregor finds the deck work easy enough, though Sandara gives him a bit of help on the first day, when it looks as if he'd be at his task for endless hours.

Gregor:
I used one of the "helpful" allies to get you over the DC10 for that first day; please advise night actions when you can.

Louly's obvious skill at catching and cooking the ships' meals is quickly becoming legendary. Her haul is a welcome boon, and the recipes from Fishguts' seemingly forgotten cookbook bring new life into the evening meals. Still, though, there are a few pirates who won't be so easily swayed by her culinary charms, as the gnome, Conchobhar, proves with his standoff-ishness.

Her gambling with Ratline continues.

Rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

He wins the competition convincingly and happily quaffs his winnings, only endearing Louly to him even more. Soon enough, he's joking at length and looking forward to any time that he can get Louly to himself.

On the last evening, her greeting with the man in the bandana is surprisingly well recieved. Perhaps its the food, but he actually offers a small smile and a nod. Cogward...though friends call me Cog and others call me Crimson Cog. They say my neck goes bright red when I'm angry. He adjusts his bandana down, but not before you notice that most of his left ear is missing.

Moon's work goes well, and every day he brings in enough insects and hairy vermin to make any first mate both proud of the catch and disconcerted with the amount of critters aboard the ship. His first day speaking the crew goes relatively well, as he speaks with a very nice fisherwoman named Barefoot Sams Toppin.

Over the next few days, he's able to follow up with Crimson Cogward and listen to the man enough for him to open up and talk at length with Moon. Apparently, he lost his ear when bitten off in a bar fight, and it seems like he takes pleasure from little but getting into fights and participating in all Pharasman religious festivals that he can.

Moon also speaks at length with Jack Scrimshaw, a talented young lad who dreams of his future away from this ship...a future in which he can work the material that speaks to him, creating art that could fetch the eye of even the most discerning mainland collector.

To summarize - Cogward, Scrimshaw, and Rattsberger go to helpful. Barefoot Sams Toppin is now friendly. For that - 300 XP each; I'll note in the campaign notes


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

I'll take 10 on the Stealth Checks.

Kehlysch falls exhausted into his hammock. In the morning, he pulls himself to his feet. He finds his companions and whispers quickly, "the night watch on deck is in two-man shifts of three hours per shift. The watch teams are made up of Plugg's loyal flunkies. I thought you would like to know."


Night 6:
Having some experience with unstable women, Gregor attempts to influence Syl Lonegan. Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Night 7:
Gregor attempts to woo Tilly Brackett by playing into her prankish nature by sharing some rum & letting her retell the cabbage incident over & over & over...Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Night 8:
Gregor chats up Samms Toppin. Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

During the seventh day, Gregor jokes about with Tilly well into the evening and will into their cups. Towards the end of the night, a stiff wind begins to blow in, and before everyone turns in heavy sheets of rain begin to pound the deck.

Another moved to helpful, and another 100 XP each! I've changed the campaign notes

The next morning finds you waking early as the Wormwood rolls to and fro in the sway of high seas! All hands are called on deck by a roaring Master Scourge, and even 'ol Fishguts finds himself at muster, awaiting further orders. Scourge stands on the main deck, shouting orders and pointing as he directs everyone to their jobs. The gray skies continue to pound the ship, and roiling seas to either side show white-caps higher than the main deck. All hands set to work furiously, adjusting rigging, tying off ropes and equipment, and hauling equipment below decks so it doesn't get swept from the main deck. Scourge approaches you amidst the thundering rain. We're needin' all hands in that riggin' today; even slobs like yerselves! Set to, and do yer job well, or yer gonna' see if ya' can swim in these caps!

Today everyone is on the main deck, working hurriedly to keep the ship afloat; you're all in for a day of actions in the rigging.

Bendrauss:
You're repairing the rigging, requiring a DC12 profession sailor or dex check and a DC12 climb check (take 10 if you can beat it; if not - roll)

Louly:
Today you're working as a lookout, requiring a DC12 perception check to try and work through the swells and a DC12 climb check (take 10 if you can beat it; if not - roll)

Moon:
Today you're needed working rope, requiring a DC12 profession sailor or dex check

Kehlysch:
Today, you're on mainsail duties, securing the mainsail in high winds. This requires a DC12 Str check.

Gregor:
You're needed on the lines, pulling in the sails so that they don't get damaged. This requires a DC12 profession sailor or Dex check


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 (diligent)


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly struggles to climb the ropes in the heavy rain and wind, losing her grasp more than once. Thank goodness I'm not wearing armor today, at least. That probably would have left me in the water!

Despite her struggles to get to a good vantage, she's able to keep a keen eye out, pointing out a few potentially treacherous rocks and waves that could have been disastrous.

Mechanics:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Not sure if I can get a reroll on the Climb check, but figured I'd roll it just in case...


Gregor works diligently on the sails on such a windy day.

Dexterity: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Fumbling around on the masts, Gregor thinks the cabbage may have done more long term damage than he initially thought.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Bosun Moon works diligently at his rope work, doing his best to complete the task despite the driving rain and wind.

Rope Work (+4): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Bendrauss climbs through the rigging, repairing it where he sees damage. Taking 10 to climb; dex check1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 His work thus far pays its dividends, as his deft hands glide over the rigging.

Though Louly takes some time to get into the crow's nest, her spotting is invaluable in navigating the swells. Kehlysch secures the mainsail just fine, but Gregor is unable to pull in the lines quickly enough to avoid damage. A look from Scourge promises Gregor that he'll be working extra time to repair the damage.

Moon shows the hand of a consummate professional as he works the ropes, and his leadership upon the main deck is just as important as he helps guide his fellows through the storm.

Everyone on the ship spends the day battling the storm; there is not evening rest or entertainment. The evening meal is ship's biscuit, a dry, crumbling wafer good for little but providing bulk to fill one's belly. Mere moments after the biscuit is handed out, Rosie's high voice calls out over the whipping winds. Sandara! Sandara's gone over the side!


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Heeding Rosie's cry, Moon rushes to help Sandra, grabbing a rope on the way.

"Where's she at Rosie, point her out!"

Taking the rope, he ties a loop in one end, large enough for Sandra to pass over her shoulders, then he ties the other end to the railing and throws the loop to Sandra.

"Grab the rope, lass, and put the loop under your arms, we'll haul you out!" shouts Moon over the crashing of the storm. "Gregor, we's be needing your might, throw yer muscles into hauling the lass topside!"


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Whoops, I just realized I somehow missed the interaction right before the storm with Cogsward. Sorry about that.

Louly rushes over looking around. At first she looks for the missing sailor, but as a horrible thought crosses her mind, she looks around at her shipmates. Is there anyone else nearby, or perhaps looking ... less surprised or concerned? Could someone have pushed her over because she's friends with us?

Sense motive? Perception? Add +5 if it's Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch removes his rope from around his waist, keeping it coiled and ready, and watches to see if Sandara grabs the line. If she grabs hold, he helps haul her back on deck.

Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Suspecting foul play, he scans the crowd to see if any of Plugg's goons are standing near where she went overboard.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12

If she doesn't, or misses (everyone may read):

"Moon! Tie the line to me! I'm going in after her! Don't argue, just do it!"

Once the line is secure, Kehlysch leaps from the rail, his rope belt in one hand, and swims toward the cleric.

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Though there are a few pirates about the point where Sandara fell, none show anything more than surprise and a genuine desperation to get her back. The closest are Rosie and Conchobhar, the former pointing at the dark form rising and falling in the dangerous swells.

Please roll a ranged touch attack to get the rope close enough to help. The range is 10 feet currently, but could be considerably more next round. If the rope gets close enough, there will be enough room on the rope for three people to pull together to drag Sandara in. If it misses, Kehlysch can jump in and will get a bonus to his swim check equal to twice the total Strength modifiers of those holding onto his rope. So - Moon, please provide a ranged touch, and let me know who's holding onto the rope


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly hovers nearby, wanting to grab the rope and help, but realizing others -- like Bendrauss and Gregor -- are far stronger than her.


Gregor rushes to help get Sandara back up to safety. He grabs hold if the rope and signals for Moon to throw.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

it looks like Gregor, Louly, and Moon are holding the rope, though if we could assume Ben joins in he could take Louly's place.

Moon throws the rope to Sandra, calling on Besmara to bless his aim. "Oh sweet goddess of our kind, if'n it be yer will, then let me aim be true!"

Ranged Touch with Rope: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben hustles down the rigging with as much speed as he can without being reckless. Once down he takes the free end of Kehlysch's rope and wraps it once over the rail allowing it to feed freely and ties the other end around his waste as an anchor.

Taking 10 on the climb down so as to avoid creating another emergency.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch dives into the water once the line is secured around his waist (per spoiler above).


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Moon's toss looks to be on target, but the rope gets hooked on the railing and comes up considerably short. Sandara doesn't even seem to notice it as she desperately struggles to remain afloat.

Kehlysch's brave dive is rewarded, as his rope anchor is enough assistance to allow him to catch up to the flailing form of Sandara.
What would you like to do? I'd need a Str check to hold onto her once you grab her and a swim check to haul her back towards the ship. That's if you can get past her flailing arms.

On the main deck, Master Scourge has noticed the fact that over half a dozen of his crew are not currently at work in the riggin. Wha'in tha' hell's goin' on here? There's work ta' be done! From his vantage point, it's quite possible that the officer can't see the tethered line and the sea's flailing victim.


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon hauls back the errant rope loop and throws it a second time, all while shouting back at Scourge. "We's a man overboard Scourge, we can't be losing one like this, not if we want the work to be getting done each day!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Rope Throw, part 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

His second throw even worse than the first, Moon hauls it back in, preparing for a third throw, expecting that the loop will be necessary to haul at least one the water bound companions back topside.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

"Stop struggling, or you'll meet your mistress face-to-face! Hold on to me,and don't move."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

If she doesn't stop struggling, GM Rap:
Kehlysch allows her to grapple him. He the stops swimming. If she starts to let go, he hangs on, dragging her under. Once she goed un conscious from the first stages of drowning, he will attempt to swim her back to the ship.

If she complies: Swim check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 and/ or Strength check: 1d20 ⇒ 8 +4 if Endurance feat matters.


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

If Ben is able in an odd situation like this can he Aid Another? I don't think his swim check would do it but with a STR check perhaps? Just in case here it is.

STR:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
or
Swim:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Louly stands by, frustrated that there's little she can do, and ready to intercede if Scourge comes down.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Scourge looks frustrated at the lack of productivity more than he's upset at the fact that one of his crew has gone overboard. Then get 'er back up here an' quick! We need all hands! He stands back with a sneer and calls for the burly half-orc Jape to come over and assist. It's immediately obvious that there's little the large man can do, but he stands near Louly and watches the action, seeming only a little more willing to help than Scourge had been.

As Moon's second failed attempt is reeled back in, Kehlysch and Sandara disappear beneath the roiling waves. Just short of a minute passes before they resurface, Sandara's form appearing to be quite limp. Kehlysch tries to swim towards the ship, but it seems as if it's all he can do to remain afloat with Sandara's dead weight.

Ben - you can start pulling in with that roll, if you like. Anyone aiding, please roll a DC10 strength check.

Kehlysch:
Sandara's panicked, and you words do little to calm her down. Alas...you have to opt for the desperate move, and you drag her under. In less than a minute of her pummeling you with her fists and trying to claw your eyes, her constitution gives out and she goes slack.
Sandara is now dying at -1 HP. You notice it quick enough to drag her up so she doesn't fully drown, but she will lose 1HP per round until stabilized. Your swim check failed, but you can try again. Two more failures and you'll need a DC15 Con check to avoid fatigue. DC for the swimming is 25, and you get a +13 from your rope tether.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Swim : 1d20 + 5 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 13 = 21


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

2nd Swim check: 1d20 + 5 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 13 = 20

Constitution check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Kehlysch's entire body burns with the effort of trying to pull the unconscious woman through the choppy waters.

Evil, evil dice roller!


Aid Another STR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

That sounds good to me! I will roll another for the next one as well.

STR:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon throws the rope loop a third time. Please, Besmara, bless me for this one, third time's a charm, eh

Touch Attack with Rope Loop: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"Put the loop under her armpits and pull it tight, Kehlysch, we'll haul her up!"


Female Human Alchemist (beastmorph) 1 / Gunslinger 1

Frustrated and concerned as they struggle to get the pair aboard, Louly finds another rope she can throw, hoping her skill will be enough to effect the rescue.

"Yes!" she shouts as the rope lands on Kehlysch's head. "Grab it!"

Touch attack with rope: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch grabs the rope and does his best to wrap it tight around himself and Sandara.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Though Kehlysch is unable to lessen the gap at all between himself and the Wormwood, he is able to maintain his hold on Sandara, who bobs lifelessly in the waves. The sheets of rain seem to let up a bit, allowing for normal conversation to be heard. Quite the crowd has gathered at this point, though most seem to be going about their work as they watch, surely to avoid Scourge's ire.

As soon as Moon's third toss is pulled in, Louly's arcs out with uncanny precision. Kehlysch is able to wrap the rope around them both, and soon enough Rosie, Cogward, and even Jape are pulling on the second line, as if hauling in a catch.

Within mere moments, Sandara is on the main deck and retching up water, after Karn sees to her. After she clears her stomach, she grins at Kehlysch and offers a nod. Glad ta' see I didn't take your eyes out when you grabbed me. Drown me again, though...and I'll kill you. She looks deadly serious but, after a moment of considering her words, she laughs uproariously, her amusement seeming to mark a turning point in the midst of the storm.

Scourge makes his rounds soon after, forcing everyone back to their stations. He stays long enough to gauge if Sandara can work and, ignoring her protests, sends her below decks to get back on "even keel." You, however, are not so lucky, and Scourge sets you back to your task with even more urgency. The storm lasts into the night, and the only dinner offering is hard tack and water. Later, though, in the deep darkness of night, the weather stills, and everyone gathered in the hold breathes a sigh of relief.

You find yourselves in an impromptu gathering - forced upon you by the storm above. All of you are beyond fatigue due to the rigors of the day, but you are surrounded by more than a few who you can now call friends. Gronk shows up with rum, and with an even more potent drink she calls "Skipper swill." which tastes like licorice and shoe leather.

200 XP each - 100 for the day's work and 100 for rescuing Sandara. Noted in campaign notes


Male Human Swashbuckling Rogue 2

Moon raises his mug of 'shoe leather' in toast, "To the bravery of Kehlysch, to dive into the stormy sea after one of our own, and to the skill of Louly, to cast a rope better than ol' Moon here could achieve in three such attempts, I's be proud to call ye friends!" With an arm around the waist of Grok, Moon tilts back his mug and swigs half of it down. "And not to forget those who hauled in our precious catch, Rosie, Cogward, even you Jape, it was a fine display of skill in our time of need." Moon gestures to each in turn with his mug, then finishes the second half of his drink.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

"This is what it means to be a crew. We work together, we stand together in a fight, and we protect our own. Loyalty does not need to be enforced with a whip."

He raises his mug, and looks meaningfully at everyone in the circle.


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Jape grunts at Moon's praise, then merely shrugs, stands and heads over to the bunks near the front to lie down with at least a little difference between him and the group. The remainder of the gathered pirates, though, raise their mugs in salute. Most nod their heads with the statement.

Well done. Any attempts to influence crew (note - not officers) over the next 24 hours will gain a +4 circumstance bonus due to your words and actions. Please take a nighttime action if you like, but there's not going onto the main deck unless you wish to sneak. And, undoubtedly, someone will see you leaving this main hold, so you'd just be sneaking to avoid detection above.


Male Gillman Aberrant-bloodline Sorcerer/2nd

Kehlysch makes a stop by Sandara's bunk to check on the cleric.

"How are you? My arms and legs feel like wet sailcloth. I apologize if I was rough with you out there, but you are far too valuable to be lost to misfortune. The Pirate Queen can have you once you have made your name and fortune."

He gives her a smile and puts a hand on her shoulder.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Sandara offers a tired smile that reaches her eyes and sets them to sparkle. Her color has returned and she looks no different than prior to the ordeal, but it's easy to see that she's exhausted.

Ha! If you hadn't been rough, we'd both be dead. I wish I'd have had the mind to know when someone's trying to help me. I'm just taking it as my goddess wanting me close to her...not that I had officially drown out there.

She offers a wink and pats the hand on her shoulder with a comfortable familiarity that salvation will do to a person.

You and the others...I was right to think that you're not like the rest of this lot. What will you do now that...well, now that you know what life aboard the Wormwood is like?

Sandara's already helpful; I'd say let's save that fine roll for someone else; who do you want to be the target of your charms?


Male Human Fighter (Corsair)/2

Ben sets to sharpening his cutlass in his hammock. He quietly collapses in on himself as he goes about his work. Once he is satisfied he sheaths it and falls asleep with his big arms wrapped around it like a child holding tight to a doll.

501 to 550 of 989 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The voyage begins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.