GM R0B0GEISHA Presents: The Dragon's Demand

Game Master R0B0GEISHA

Adventure Map

Map of Belhaim


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,412 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Marcus slowly stalks toward the north doorway, searching for traps in the doorway or hallway.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


HP 29/29 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 4 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grargath slowly follows behind Marcus, ready to jump back at the sign of any traps. "Wonder jus' how many rooms there are in this place," he mutters, looking between the two doors.


I hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving! If you're not American, then I also hope you had a happy, normal weekend!

The north door opens to a lushly appointed parlor. Four leather chairs are arranged on a fine rug. In the northeast corner of the room, a polished mahogany stand cradles a huge globe of Golarion, the various countries of Avistan and Garund picked out in different semi-precious stones. Sextants, astrolabes, and paintings of unearthly landscapes hang on the walls.

Appraise DC 20:
The devices and fixtures of this room are worth a total of 1,200 gp.


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Marcus lets a low whistle as he checks out the room and its accoutrements.

"No idea what all this wizardy stuff is, but it sure looks fancy."

Frowning around the room, doesn't seem to be anything more to see here though.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

When the group is ready, he leads to the southern door.


The southern door leads to a dining room with a long oak table surrounded by ornately carved chairs. On each wall hangs a large, framed painting of a desert landscape.

Appraise DC 20:
The contents of this dining room are worth roughly 1,200 gp.


HP 29/29 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 4 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20

So I get a +2 bonus on Appraise skill checks to determine price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones. Not sure if it counts for the previous room or not.

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Grargath lets out a low whistle as he surveys the contents of both rooms. "Should fetch a lot o' gold at th' auction."


Half-elf sorcerer 3 | HP: 19/19 | AB: +1 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 (+5 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2

Cira looks slowly around the rooms, trying to take all of the extravagance in. "Collecting all of this must have been one of the only things he had going for him, considering no one liked him," she mutters mostly to herself. "I bet he was really lonely."

Not seeing anything that seemed especially strange, she looks back towards the manor's entrance. "Looks like we got the safe part of the house out of the way. Let's check the east wing next."


Adventure map updated!

Marcus Perception checks:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

After receiving an all clear from Marcus, the party enters the easternmost door. The kitchen beyond is well stocked with all the accouterments needed to prepare gourmet meals. A cubby, covered by a drawn curtain, sits in the northwest corner of the room.

Two doors sit in the south wall of the kitchen.


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

"This Hundley sure lived well, why he would betray the town is mystifying" Marcus says as he looks about the kitchen, heading toward the curtained alcove.

"Wonder what is over here."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Half-elf sorcerer 3 | HP: 19/19 | AB: +1 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 (+5 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2
Marcus Eld wrote:
"This Hundley sure lived well, why he would betray the town is mystifying"Marcus says as he looks about the kitchen, heading toward the curtained alcove.

"Who knows. Maybe he was just a reprehensible human altogether," Cira says as she looks around the room. "Money doesn't make you a good person, unfortunately."

As Marcus moves towards the curtains, she looks over the doors to the south.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Not seeing anything out of the ordinary, but also not trusting herself to notice even if something was there, she takes a step back and joins Marcus at the alcove.

Can you tell that I'm bitter about all of my completely terrible rolls?

Because I am.


Hmm, we haven't heard from Francis in almost 3 weeks. I'll shoot him a message.

The alcove reveals a cubby housing a pair of cots and cheap-looking chests.

Cira:
Nothing stands out to you regarding the doors.


HP 29/29 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 4 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

Grargath looks hungrily at the stocks of food that stuff the kitchen. "After we get out o' 'ere, I could go fer a nice, hot meal." He joins the others by the alcove. "Anything in 'ere?" he asks, looking at the chests.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Marcus looks over the alcove, "Servants quarters perhaps? I don't recall anyone mentioning servants."

He inspects the chests next, opening them if they don't appear trapped.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
if necessary Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Some fine rolls there, these dice are gonna get me (us) killed for sure


The locks are equally as cheap as the chests and open to Marcus's efforts. Within are humble possessions: threadbare clothes, crudely-carved effigies of benign deities, and bits of food wrapped in paper.


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Marcus grunts, unsurprised at the contents of the chests.

Looking to the southern doors he mutters, "On to the south then."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

le sigh

Grand Lodge

Male human (Taldan) Cleric 3 | AB +5| AC 16, Touch 10, Flat-footed 16| HP 22/25| Fortitude +5, Reflex +1, Will +8 | Initiative +0 | Male Human (Taldan)

"You're right Marcus, no one mentioned Hunclay had servants, I wonder if they knew? I also wonder where they are?" Francis asks, then follows Marcus as he heads south.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


The east most door in the south wall leads to a well-stocked larder.

The west most door is unlocked, but will only budge a an inch before stopping. Further inspection suggests that it has been barricaded from the other side.

Strength check DC 23 to open.


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

"Huh, door seems to be stuck." Marcus notices as he tries the door, then puts his shoulder into it, "Must be stuck"

STR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

LOL

Stepping back, he turns to Francis and Grargath "I think I'll need a hand"


HP 29/29 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 4 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

Grargath steps forward and takes a look at the door. "Migh' be easier without all this armor," he mutters. The dwarf sheds the scale mail protecting him until only his normal clothing remains. "'Ere we go." Grargath pushes against the door with all his might.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Which unfortunately is nowhere near enough.

Grand Lodge

Male human (Taldan) Cleric 3 | AB +5| AC 16, Touch 10, Flat-footed 16| HP 22/25| Fortitude +5, Reflex +1, Will +8 | Initiative +0 | Male Human (Taldan)

Francis steps up as the other two try and fails to budge the door. He shakes his head, "If you guys couldn't get it to budge, I don't know that I can."

I don't suppose we can take twenty on this. Well, here's hoping I roll a natural 20.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Welp

Grand Lodge

Male human (Taldan) Cleric 3 | AB +5| AC 16, Touch 10, Flat-footed 16| HP 22/25| Fortitude +5, Reflex +1, Will +8 | Initiative +0 | Male Human (Taldan)

If everyone tried to help me, and everyone succeeded at an aid another check it would be enough to push the door open.


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Failing to open it on his own, Marcis assists Francis in opening the door.

Aid STR: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 = 14


HP 29/29 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 4 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

Grargath pushes against the door again, this time with Francis and Marcus' weight behind it.

Strength Aid Another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Ugh


Half-elf sorcerer 3 | HP: 19/19 | AB: +1 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 (+5 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2

Not knowing how much help she'd really be, Cira snakes her way in between the men to push at the door.

Strength Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Perfect.


I'll let you guys take a 20 here.

With time and concerted effort, the party forces open the blocked door, dislodging the armoire pressed up against it. The room beyond is a depressing combination of bedroom and linen closet.

Nothing seems out of the ordinary except for a whimpering man half-hidden beneath the bed. Eyes squeezed shut, hands over his ears, he whispers over and over, [smaller]"Oh, gods. Please no."


Half-elf sorcerer 3 | HP: 19/19 | AB: +1 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 (+5 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2

"Are you alright?" Slowly, Cira walks towards the man and crouches down next to him, placing a gentle hand on a part of him she can reach. "It's okay. We're not going to hurt you."


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Marcus stays back as Cira approaches the man, ready to intervene should he become voilent but allowing Cira's calmer presense to calm the man.

"Looks like he did have servants, or at least one."


HP 29/29 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 4 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

Gargath wasn't sure what to expect behind the barricaded door, but it hadn't been this. "How long 'ave yah been back 'ere?" he asks the terrified man.


The man recoils from Cira's touch, trying to squirm under the bed. "Please leave me alone! Just take what you want and get out!"

Diplomacy DC 20 to calm him down.

Grand Lodge

Male human (Taldan) Cleric 3 | AB +5| AC 16, Touch 10, Flat-footed 16| HP 22/25| Fortitude +5, Reflex +1, Will +8 | Initiative +0 | Male Human (Taldan)

"Calm down, we aren't going to hurt you." Francis says as kindly as he can.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Marcus attempts to soothe as well, "Yes, listen to the nice lady and the kindly priest, we mean you no harm."

le sigh


Jeez, guys.


HP 29/29 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 4 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Welp

Grargath looks between the man and the others, clearly irritated.

"Quit yer bellyachin', we already told yah yer safe!" he shouts, losing his temper.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was sort of hoping for another miraculous Grargath Diplomacy roll, tbh.


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Me too, me too. Cira can still save us though


Half-elf sorcerer 3 | HP: 19/19 | AB: +1 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 (+5 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2

Cira flinches at the man's sudden movement, but stays crouched next to him. "Hey, it's alright," she says again, her voice gentle. "I promise, we don't want to take anything from you. We're here to help. I'm Cira. What's your name?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Dammit.


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Seeing that they didn't seem to be getting anywhere with the terrified servant.

I wonder why he's so terrified?

Marcus inspects the second doorway on the south wall of the kitchen.


The man ignores the party's attempts to calm him and crawls further under the bed, speaking in frightened whispers.

The other door leads to a well-stocked, but otherwise uninteresting larder.


Half-elf sorcerer 3 | HP: 19/19 | AB: +1 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 (+5 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2

"So much for that," Cira mumbles as she pushes herself up from the floor. She peeks into the larder over Marcus' shoulder then shrugs. "Nothing on the first floor I guess. There was a staircase back in the main room, though. I think it went up and down a floor."


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Marcud nods at Cira and adds, "Might as well go up first. Figure with this jackwagons pension for tunnels the downstairs might be rather.... large."


Map has been updated.

This lushly furnished library features three tall bookcases running north to south down the center of the chamber and another bookcase of iron in the northeast corner. A stuffed grizzly bear towers in the northwest corner, its claws and fangs bared aggressively. The east wall features sixteen paintings of various planets in gilt frames. A ladder in the west side of the ceiling leads up to a trap door.

A door in the eastern and western walls lead to different rooms.


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Marcus warily stalks into the room, observing the various decorations, paying special attention to the viscous bear. Barring finding any traps, he walks the room and observes the books and bookcases before stopping near the western door and waiting for his companions to finish looking around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Half-elf sorcerer 3 | HP: 19/19 | AB: +1 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +3 (+5 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2

Cira looks over the books appreciatively, running her fingers gently across their spines as she walks along one of the bookcases. "I've always wanted my own library," she says, smiling to herself. "They're so peaceful."

She wanders to the bookcase in the northeast corner, but slows her steps as she approaches. Perhaps it was nothing more than paranoia, but the lone shelf seemed out of place.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


The shelves are filled with an array of scientific tomes, mostly on the subject of astronomy and extraplanar summoning. The iron bookshelf clearly holds Hunclay's most prized treatises, as the sixteen books are sealed behind a locked glass and iron door.

The door's lock glows with arcane runes.

Marcus:
You notice a small hole directly above the keyhole, likely intended to deliver a nasty surprise to any potential burglars.


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Marcus stops as he observes the door, "This one seems to be trapped, lets take a look at this western door before we try to disarm it."

With that he meanders over to the other door and takes a look.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Marcus:
The western door does not seem locked or trapped.


HP 19/24| Init: +4 | Perception +6 [Trapfinding +7]| AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) | Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +4 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/2 Rogue/1 | Bardic Perfrom 5/8 | Spells: 1st 3/3 |

Marcus nods and says, "This side seems clear" before carefully opening the door and glancing inside.

He stops suddenly, curses, and casts detect magic as he looks around.

certainly should be casting it constantly in a wizards home, so he's going to continually recast when it runs out

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


HP 29/29 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 4 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

Grargath gives the frightened man another look before leaving the room. He stops by the ladder leading up to the trap door as Marcus inspects the other doors. "Wonder where this leads," he muses, before noticing Cira staring at the lone bookshelf. The dwarf walks over to see what is so interesting that's caught her attention.

"Anything o' value over 'ere?" Grargath asks her as he approaches.

Grand Lodge

Male human (Taldan) Cleric 3 | AB +5| AC 16, Touch 10, Flat-footed 16| HP 22/25| Fortitude +5, Reflex +1, Will +8 | Initiative +0 | Male Human (Taldan)

Francis shakes his head sadly at their failed attempts to help the frightened man, and then follows the others into the Library. He whistles appreciatively, for the first time he is impressed by something in the wizard's house.

He peers into the locked bookcase with a frown. "Summoning magic? That can be a dangerous pastime."

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,412 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM R0B0GEISHA Presents: The Dragon's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.