Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Poisonbladed Hollow's Last Hope (Inactive)

Game Master Ross Hearne aka poisonbladed

Right o' a deadly plague, a mysterious forest, goblins? Whats not to love.


151 to 200 of 823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

I have my doubts, I may have to talk the bartended out of strangling you two fairly soon.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

hmmm... We can take him lol


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Quaylon:
Why talk him out of it?


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

You should be glad I took out the sentence at the end saying "assuming you want us to hurry and save your son..."

Instead he is trying to expedite our quest.


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Mrachni:
I am hoping that the lack of social skills is replaced by being really useful in the field to make up for my lack of combat effectiveness

yes, true, but sadly I think it was still implied, I guess I am the people person in the group though

Quaylon tells the gnome, "Please let me know the things that you need and I would be happy to go and get them for you"

He then turns to the bartender "would you join me, perhaps an assistant can watch the bar for a few minutes, I am sure the fresh air can do us both some good."


No sorry I don’t keep the notes with me. I am sad to say that there simply is no time to show them to you. Perhaps once you have found these rarities. She did write painstakingly about them which yields to the potential truth of the existence. For the elderwood mold, there’s gotta be an oldest tree in the vale.
Damned if I know where it is, though. The rat’s tail and mushrooms are even longer shots, I fear. Way north, toward the mountains, people say there used to live a bunch of dwarves. They’re not there anymore, but I’d bet their forges are. If you might find ironbloom mushrooms anywhere around there, that’d be your best bet. They do seem to grow around the rusting remains of aged iron. As for the rat’s tail, who knows? Well actually Ulizmila might, yes she would know. She is a witch they say, she doesn’t help this rumor by living deep in the woods. She’s a crafty, mean thing that knows all sorts of strangeness. She might even have one. I don’t know what she might want for it, but I doubt it’d come cheap. My grandmother traded her sight to the old crone for a few pages of what she knew, and that was years and years back, and I don’t know a soul who got any nicer as they got older.
standing she walks to the bar as she is talking and asks for water. After wetting her lips she continues.

Sadly the contaminated food was only the first thing we found. What was causing the infection was again truly queer. We traced the source back to a nearby fresh water spring. Who knows how it got that way. We have managed to fence it off, and those who can are sealing it. But there is only a few old men working at that. The Lumber Consortium could care less, and the pay the bills around here. Anyway no one is allowed to go near the spring, or take water from its stream. Since we haven’t hand many knew cases, but I think those are just the by product of the initial infection setting in.

Aye elfman there are plenty of dangers in the Darkmoon that will need an arrow or two in it to get the point. Aid such is that will be needed, thank you archer strong of arm, keen of eye.

When the Gnome and Elf begin making demands the Bartender red face deepens to a near purple. As veins begin to bulge in his forehead he raises a finger You, sun’s-a-bit… his words are cut off when Laurel lays a hand on his outstretched finger, speaking loudly, covering something the Barkeep said SHE says,

You SON’s had your BITE and are refreshed, be quick and gather your supplies. The Trade House has opened already you will find everything you need there. Remember that more die everyday. If you have a map I can mark where the witch lived last. Anymore you will have to find out for yourselves. May the gods grant you speed, wisdom, and better manners.

ZAT:
Franklin gives you a bite on the head, at the end of Laurel’s louder speech. Like a whip cracking the ass of a mule, the point is simple, GET MOVING YOU! Take 1 point of damage.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"ok thank you, anything else we could find out about this tree and these dwarves or what about this witch? How should we get to her?"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

DM:
Fortitude save to see if he reacts to the pain 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

The gnome twitches his head slightly, jumps off his create, then says "There is no time, we must get going!"

"Lady, do you think it is best for us to head to try to find the witch or finish sealing off the spring?"

"Does anyone have a map?"

The look of anger on his face seems to have deepened.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"calm down friend, what is wrong?"
*he says distressed*


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni nods at the new information, and turns to the barkeep. "The trout was good; my thanks. May the Swordmistress grant your son valor in his struggle against the disease, and grant us honor and valor in our search for the cure."

"Laurel, the information you have given us will have to be enough. We will trust the Swordmistress to guide us, and return as soon as we have the items."

To the others, "Let us go."


The old men can handle sealing the spring. Though it may take time a while they preform the guard duty as well. Trust me those dirty old bastards won't let a soul through. The Lumber Consortium is just outside of town. They will know where to find the oldest trees, and are your best chance of finding any thing in forest. I would start there. Mr. Rhoddam runs the camp about 10 miles outside of town following the North East rode. You will see the smoke before you see the camp. His son has taken ill too, tell him that and he is liable to help you.

I must get back to the sick, now. Good traveles brave lads. Try to be on your way with in the half hour. and with that Laurel leaves the Ale House.

If you haven't posted a question to her already I will allow one more post of such. If you have already asked a question after my previous post she leaves before you can ask any more. If you wanna just move on to taking a run through the town on your way out do so.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni's ready to go... what time of day is it, GM?


6 in the morning, the sun has been up for an hour or so. IT is early summer/late spring but the winter was pretty bad, with lots of spring rain so the summer has had a late start.


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

"Yes, we must be hurrying! I will meet you at the trade house shortly, I need to pick up some of the halflings wandermeal anyways" Quaylon says to the rest of the group and then walks over to the bar where he shoulders his pack.

He looks at the bartender and the town healer and says softly to them, I will do all I can to find the things that are needed, I will not let the petty squabbling interfere with this endeavor. then, looking at the bartender "your son will be alright" and gives a reassuring smile, "and give my best to (insert barmaids name if Quaylon knows it, or just say the barmaid) and perhaps next time she can join me in that drink I owe her"

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"Yes, I say we all meet at the trade house for I must pick up some sort of close range weapon for I do not trust the forest" *zordlon rushes out the door to the trade house to buy a short sword*


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Not waiting to see what anyone else does, the gnome runs out of the bar to the trade house.

He makes his purchases (those previously identified to DM) but also asks if they have any maps of the area.

He is very short with the trade house attendant explaining only that he is in a hurry to try to help with the sickness.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni will proceed to the trade house, stopping along the way to encourage the villagers as he is able.


At the kind words with a deep ragged breath the Barkeep color begins to fade, sweat soaking his armpits. He nods and then leaves the room. His hand cover his eyes.

The Trade House is as dead as the Ale House. Remember that this is a small town. There are a fair amount of things for sale, a short sword is fine. Anyone else buying something of interest?

Quaylon:
You do know that the dwarven ruins you seek are at the base of a mountain.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

I meant to buy one during character creation but forgot so I thought I would fit it in here somehow


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Was the gnome able to purchase all of his items? What about the area map?


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Quaylon heads over to the Trade House, he is specifically looking for Wandermeal.

from ultimate equipment, provide days sustenance, but if eaten for more than 7 days without other sustenance will make you sick, mainly I want it because it is really cheap

Upon getting there he turns to the group, "I can get us to the dwarven ruins, it has been a desire of mine for some time to visit them, I just have not been able to find people brave enough to join me. The other things we are in need of, I know not where to begin.

DM:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Knowledge check for Ulizmila, possibly knowing where to start with her since it seemed we did not have a map

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"hmmmm ok"


A map will run you 10 gold. Yes Zat has the poor shopkeeper jumping, with the rather long list. Now he holds a berlap sack filled with stuff. Wandermeal, while you got the last one Quaylon.

Quaylon On your spoiler:
um who is that and what knowledge? You local check was pretty good, I was giving you knowledge of the ruins location as a result. Once you start exploring the forest and get to the mountains you will know right where it is based on terrain. You have a very good idea now. Just not enough to travel right to it. You have a crude map, but it has no distances on it. Merely mountain here, town there, forest around hear somewhere, roads this way and that way.

Makvor and Mrachi get a chance to buy stuff before we move along.

Edit to add

@Mrachi - most villagers quickly walk away from you. A few of the children and one old woman greet you nicely enough. You suspect that the old woman couldn't see very well.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni's good to go; no purchasing needed. Are we going to the lumbermill first, or the ruins? I'd recommend the lumbermill...


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome purchases the map. Once everyone is done with the purchases he says, "I think I should go ask that old lady to mark this map with what she knows then we should get moving. Where should I meet you guys?"


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

DM:
I was going for the witch in the woods, all of my knowledge's have the same modifiers right now (can be used untrained with a +1)

How many wandermeal's did I manage to acquire, was hoping for at least a couple days worth.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"i'll just accompany you gnome friend, if that is ok of course" *he says with a smile*


Quaylon wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

How many wandermeal's did I manage to acquire, was hoping for at least a couple days worth.

Oh duh. In my mind she is just the witch, I haven't put her name to memory even though I just wrote it. No out of hand you don't know where she lives. The serving whench was Mary, by the way.

Laurel marked the witches lair on the map you bought already, before you bought it. There is a little note with it "HURRY! Go to the Lumber Yard" it reads in a trim flowing hand.

THE MAP

The storekeep, a man by the name of Jenkins, wobbles his toothless mouth wrinkling furry eyebrows. You lads are us poor folks last hopes. Dam loggers got all the young lads busting their butts at the camps. Be careful, be curt with da Bosses, least they put you to work too.

He nods and smiles at the half orcs, you get the feeling that there is some inner joke he isn't telling you about.


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Quaylon is now ready to go

Quaylon, after grabbing the last supplies he needs steps out of the trade house moves to the side of the door. he sets his pack against the wall and sits down against it, making sure that the bed roll is against his back. He again summons a lute and proceeds to play as he waits for the rest of the group to finish there last minute shopping

perform:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni, standing nearby when Quaylon begins to play, waits until a pause in the music to speak softly:

Quaylon:
"I cannot understand how any can think less of you for your heritage... it being what it is. I have little experience with elves, but if today is a true sample, it would seem that you have inherited the strengths of both races without their weaknesses. I have wished that I were so... eloquent and at peace."


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

mrachni:

I was fortunate to be raised in a place where my heritage did not matter. Growing up, I hated both my parents. I later realized that I am lucky to not have the beliefs of the ignorant forced upon, leaving me free to make my own decisions about people, not pre-judging them based upon what others chose to tell me about them.

I can only wish that others have the opportunity to do the same.

And you my friend, how have your experiences been, if I may ask? Were you raise by the church? I can only imagine how different my life could have been had I been dropped off on the doorsteps off a cathedral, instead of abandoned in the streets, thankfully near an orphanage.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Quaylon:
"It is a great gift that you have realized these things, and a testament to your wisdom... perhaps the elf, in time, will come to see that beauty and truth do not favor only those of one blood.

I... grew up among orcs." He closes his eyes for a moment. "Humans were things to be killed for sport, elves were to be hated... it is only by the Swordmistress' mercy that I live and attempt, in some small way, to defend those who cannot defend themselves, and seek justice in all things."


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

Makvor, not in need of anything, waits impatiently with Spirit on the northeast edge of town, eager to move toward the logging camp.


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

"Stop wasting time! We need to go to the lumber yard! I have the map!"


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

We just waiting for Zordlon?


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

I think he just bought his sword and was ready to go. I was going to see Laural to mark the map but she had already so we are both in the trade house making our purchases and ready to go.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

yeah I'm ready to go guys :P


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Markov is on the edge of town we pass and Mrachni and I are at waiting outside the Trade House

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

I should be with you guys at the trade house


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

I figured you and the gnome were getting kicks out of making the Trade House workers run back and forth

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

pooh yeah. I forgot I went with him. Well I guesss I'm not at th trade house. I'm wherever sat went :P


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

I didn't go anywhere because I realized the map was marked already. We are ready to head out of town unless anyone needs anything else.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

I'm good. I'm ready to go :)


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

I'm a little confused if we are waiting for the DM or the DM is waiting for us so I'm throwing a little direction in here. As I understand it, Zordlon is in the trade house with the gnome and has agreed to follow the gnome to the lady to mark the map but the gnome has realized the map is already marked. The half elf and Mrachni are standing outside the trade house waiting on us, while Makvor and Spirit are waiting at the edge of town. If I have all of this correct this I will do the following:

The gnome walks out the of the trade house, as Zordlon follows. He looks down at the map and says "The map appears to already be marked by the Lady. She also attached a note telling us to head to the lumber mill in a hurry. Let's go meet Makvor at the edge of town and head toward the lumber mill."

The gnome begins to walk toward Makvor unless he hears an objection.

If everyone follows, then he shows the map to the group as a whole and asks "Shall we head toward the lumber mill?"

If the group has any objection or does not follow then he stops walking and looks impatiently to see what the delay is.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

I'll follow Zat


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Quaylon looks to Mrachni and turns to follow the gnome.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Good call on clearing it up, Zat.

Mrachni nods at the gnome. "Yes." Hefting his pack, he follows.


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome shows Markov and Mrachni the map and says,"Do either of you think you can use this to guide us to the lumber mills? If not, I have a little bit of skill in map use, though at times I think its more fun to change the maps by adding stuff."


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni takes the map and looks at it for a moment. "I can get us there."

Survival to follow the map: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1
Mrachni wrote:

Mrachni takes the map and looks at it for a moment. "I can get us there."

Survival to follow the map: 1d20+9

"Lead the way friend" *he says with a smile*

151 to 200 of 823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Attack the Darkness in the Darkwood All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.