Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Poisonbladed Hollow's Last Hope (Inactive)

Game Master Ross Hearne aka poisonbladed

Right o' a deadly plague, a mysterious forest, goblins? Whats not to love.


101 to 150 of 823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"oh my little friend, I no longer care of whatever rodent you are hiding, your alright in my book friend" *he says with a big smile *
sorry man. That made me laugh irl :p. I have no idea what's up with the squirell noise. I assume it has to do with all the perception checks. And the hero points. But I don't read msgs that are spoilrrs unless they have my name on them. Oh well :p


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni leans over (quite a distance) to whisper in Zatqualmie's ear:

Zatqualmie:
"I believe it is, yes. This plague... in town... almost everyone is sick, and you haven't noticed?"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Zordlon, I'm sure you'll have plenty more opportunities as we adventure together. :)

The gnome looks at Mrachni and says "Of course I noticed!" There is a clear sense embarrassment in the gnome's tone, as though he had not noticed.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"friend!? Is there something I should would know about? Exataerg?


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome jumps up and says "YES ... THERE ... IS!"

After a long pause and stare, "You mispronounced Exataerg, but I'm sure it was a mistake so I'll forgive you because we are friends."

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"oh my friend... I do apologize.... please correct me if I do it again :). How shall I pronounce it again? And how was I pronouncing it?"
wow you guys are retarded lol


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

"Gentleman!" Quaylon, standing to the side of the says just loud enough to get the attention of the rest of the group "We do have more important things to discuss than the proper pronunciation of the good gnomes name. There is a plague afoot that needs to be dealt with, and by Mrachni's own admission she is the only one that can deal with, so perhaps we should hear what the good woman has to say."

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"I was just trying to get acquainted properly. I know you half-bloods do not have very proper manners and social skills. But us "true" elves have a much higher understanding of the order that is social politeness... Perhaps i could help you with this sometime. And maybe in the future this could keep you from outbursts such as this? Hm?"

hahaha.... Elves are pompous c:


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

"I will not debate the racial stereotypes that are imposed by a race that has chosen to deny me," Quaylon politely responds with a smile "I was simply advising that we have an important guest."

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"Well let's see what the guest has to say hm? And maybe not be interrupted by outbursts..."

Oh you enjoy his racism :) lol


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

"Peace, both of you."

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"As Mrachni said..."

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

He obviously shows more distaste for the tainted blood of an elf than of an orc


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

I don't think you know my name, do you? :P

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"*Zordlon greats Mrachni* "Nice to meet your friend," *he holds his hand out to shake hands* "My name is Zordlon, Zordlon the archer as you can probably tell my the bow on my back" *he says smiling*" i believe so :)


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

My bad... that'll teach me to post late at night.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

Its cool man


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

"I made peace with who am I along time ago and choose to judge people by who they are and let their actions and words define them, I will not fault Zordlon for how he was raised, and my 'outburst' earlier was only to draw the attention toward a guest that, even as we further continue this discussion, is being ignored. I apologize, if I seemed rude as that was not my intention, I simply wanted to make sure that everyone was aware that are guest has come some distance and by ignoring her arrival, we are all being rude to her. We will have plenty of time to get to know one another should we choose to take this upcoming journey together and in time I am sure we will learn each others secrets, when each person is ready to share them." Quaylon turns to Laural, "please milady, let us now hear what you can tell us of this plague."


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

Makvor, who has been quiet during this entire exchange, gives up and decides that he has had enough. "Yes, please - let's listen to what this one has to say about the plague, as well as the other problems in the area."

"My wolf and I have sensed something wrong in the forest to the north. Have you any knowledge of this, as well?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"hmmmm..."

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

Trying to keep this non-pvp, but the tention makes things so much more interesting :)


The healer blinked in mild confusion when the Elf and Gnome retreated from her entrance. Nodding politely to Quaylon's smiles, she says nothing.

Taking in the room her eyes paused on Mrachi's symbol, but she said nothing. When the argument started she gave it no mind, as if it wasn’t going on at all. She merely stretched out her delicate hand to the wolf. Spirit probably out weighed the woman by at least a couple of pounds. Still the frail woman showed no fear. Oddly Spirit only sniffed her hand once before allowing a full ear scratch. Apparently it felt good to look at the beast.

Who’s a good boy. My your friendly.

Looking at Makvor she smiled and said Is this your wolf? What’s his name?

What’s your name? You’re from the forest, I can tell. Maybe not this forest, no not you, but from a forest all the same. I think you can help me, you and the other half orc. Will you lend your strength to me, for a little while?

However a storm was raging over at the bar, a counter point to the calm waters of the Healer. With a glowering hateful gaze the barkeep stared red face at the elf and gnome. He had been cutting up fruit, but now the knife was no where to be seen.

edit - got ninjaed

When Makvor gave his command, she gave him a smile. A pleasing thing, warm and kind. Full of concern. Hardness, rude words, or unkindness is as far away from her as the moon.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

*i look at the barkeep* "Something on your mind friend?"


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

Makvor seems a bit uncomfortable, being the target of all of the questions, but seeing as how this woman seemed to be the key to fixing the problems, he answers to the best of his ability. "He is mine as much as anyone's, but we have spent quite a bit of time together, yes. As to our names, my name is Makvor, and I have chosen the name Spirit for my companion."

He thinks on the woman's request, and finally agrees, "Yes, I will agree to lend you whatever strength I may, if it will help."

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

btw my response was a skyrim reference... for any who has played it lol


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni stands up from his seat and moves quietly to the other side of the group, between the barkeep and the gnome.

Turning his back to the bar, he addresses the woman. "How may I serve?"


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

DM:

Sense Motive on Bartender 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Son of a... apparently I thought I would be so good at talking I wouldn't need to know what they were thinking!


Quaylon:
got that same problem in a shackles game, playing a sea singer bard, top it off I was stupid and didn't put ranks in bluff. Any way, if you had sent for someone as major and busy as the Town Healer, Midwife, and Knowledge Keeper to have her straight ignored would you be a triffle upset? Such is the bar keep, he has shifted from friendly to unfriendly, though your not sure if its to all of you or just to two people.

@Zordlon - muttering looking like he would snap your neck if you said the wrong thing the barkeep tosses his fruit and cutting board in some cubby under the bar. He then starts strangling a towel in his hand looking anywhere but at the Elf or Gnome.

@Makvor - Yes there is a danger here. More than one it seems, the Lumber Consortium is always busy in the woods. I only know a smattering of rumors, I havn't had time to listen much. It's this sickness. I can't...she bites back tears, but recovers her composure quickly.

@Mrachni - Laurel smiles and shakes her head from side to side with a slieght frown, the chain on her eyeglasses swinging with the motion. Lady Cirthana told me you were here. Word gets on fast in a small town even if there is a sickness. Odd thing that this really isn't even a true sickness or plague, it's a fungus. Normally it's harmless, could make you sick if you ate it, but not good for anything really. I didn't even know that it grew in these parts. What you can do for me is to help me find the ingredients for a cure. There are over 30 people with this sickness and everyday we have to make another coffin. I would go get it, but I have no time. Even these fleeting moments another could die.

A cup smashes the wall over by the bar, following the word "DIE" like thunder following lightning.

clearing her throat for volume He is ok for now Harold. Rasmon will make it if these lads finish talking to an old woman. Your boy is strong and hale. Don't let their rudeness bother you.

Looking back to Makvor, but asking all of you Does one of you know what Elderwood Moss, Rat Tail Root, or Iron Bloom mushrooms are?

Knowledge Nature DC 40 – ya its hard it’s supposed to be a hard check.


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome is oblivious to his surroundings and smiles at Laural as he climbs back on his crate. He eagerly awaits her response not realizing that there was any break in their conversation by his whispers and wandering.

The gnome nods as the lady asks if anyone knows what the plants are but after a moment of silence, with a sigh, he lets out a disappointing "No."


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

dm:
fortunately I do have bluff, but this character would generally prefer diplomacy first

Quaylon moves over to Mrcachni, and as to not interrupt the conversation whispers to him:

Mrachni:
Relax my friend, he is simply irritated that after bringing an important guest to us, they chose to blatantly ignore her, and it would seem he has far more invested in finding a cure than any of us here.

Quaylon then turns to our guest and adds,"Ma'am, I think even the most skilled in nature among would have issues finding the needed items, perhaps there is a way to describe them, or even a drawing off them, or perhaps some type of journal? Something that would help our most talented in nature have an idea of where to start. This would allow us to better assist you."


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Heh, a DC 40 isn't even possible for level 1 characters.

Speaking quietly, Mrachni answers, "I do not, but if that is what is needed, we will find them." He listens carefully to Quaylon, and nods once.

After pausing for a moment with his eyes closed, he opens them and speaks again, this time turning to address the barkeep. "I sorrow for you."

Consolation expressed to the best of his ability, he turns and again speaks to Laurel. "The Swordmistress has granted some measure of healing; are there any who might be helped by such?"


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

In theory, with a high enough roll and enough 'Aid Another' rolls...but even then, not with this small a group. Still, might as well give it a try...

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Makvor shakes his head, "I have no knowledge of any of them. Is there another that might be able to assist in identifying them, that might have the time, or some way we might procure them from some other source? Please, tell us how we may help."

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"Laural, Do you know how this started?"


DC 40 is possible if you roll a natural 20, and have +3 Class skill, +1 rank, +4 Intelligence Mod, Skill Focus +3 Know Nature, Trait attached to Know Nature +1 (some are +2 and you can pick your knowledge, Scholar Feat +2 - picking Know Nature of course., Hero Point before you roll +8 = beats a DC 45 at first level -granted you were human and really focused on one skill and probably a wizard. Anyway the DC was meant to be outrageous.

I have only read about those plants on how they can kill this fungus in my Nana's tomes. I admit they confuse me too. I have been in these parts my entire life and I have never heard of anything even closely resembling these fauna. Thankfully my grandmother took good notes, she gave us a description of each and where they are likely to grow. Well all but for Rat's tail. Even still the recipe sounds like so much honjon. It will be a miracle if this doesn't turn out to be some forest myth she heard and wrote down just because it sounded interesting.

Sadly your counter part in this town has tried such. The spells she can provide does nothing. If you looked a little older I might think you Justice Seeker could provide such. If your god grants you the spell that cures disease please stay and we can get to work right away.

I haven't the slightest notion how this vile thing started. What I do know that it seems to be caused by eating unclean food. This blacksour taint starts in your guts or your chest and eventually it takes over. Your body just can't keep up. I have seen people get sick from it before, but not like this.


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome looks at each of the half orcs for some sort of reaction or response.


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

Makvor looks hesitant, but remembers what's at stake, and says, "I will help. Describe what we need, and I will go find it."

He looks around at the others, and adds, "Of course, if anyone wants to help, they can."


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

As soon as the gnome sees approval from Makvor, he responds "Me too! And Mrachni needs to come too! We need the justice sword and we need the strength of all of you."


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

"I will be there with you Makvor" Quaylon says

Then, to Laural "I am sure your Nana was as brilliant as you are Laural, do you have the notes with you?


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

"Unclean food, you say..." Mrachni looks a bit uncomfortable, glancing down at his cleaned plate.

"The Swordmistress grants what is needed to each; we will seek the items your... 'Nana'... described." He stumbles over the word "Nana" as if he's never said it before and isn't quite sure what will come out when he tries.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Heh, DM, I stand corrected.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"I will be glad to help as well"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The smiles and excitedly says "GREAT! We can all go! Zordlon and Mrachni and the half elf and Exatearg and Makvor and Franklin and Spirit and Zatqualmie and Laural will have a great adventure!"


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni holds up one hand to forestall the gnome's excitement. "There is one more thing before we go. Laurel, if the Swordmistress grants me the ability to cleanse the food and drink, do you have a way of assuring that it remains pure? Then, at least, no more would be sickened by it."


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Excitedly the gnome says "Mrachni, I'm sorry. I just got excited because we get to go deal with the danger, the gre... uh...." the gnome trails off momentarily as if unsure what to say then picks back up excitedly with "human rot, and the lurkers in the forest!"


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Zatqualmie, it is good to see that you are so excited to help those in need, but let us bear in mind that this is a tragic event affecting everyone here. This is no time to celebrate.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

*Zordlon says worriedly*"I don't know know how much i can help with the rot as i am not a healer, however i will offer myself and my bow"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome looks at Quaylon and nods, his expression turns from one of joy to one of anger and hatred. He begins tapping his fingers on the table with his spiked gauntlet and says "This is a tragic event and we need to get moving to help those in need. I do need to make some equipment purchases before we go too far though."

"Bar Keep! Send that errand boy over here, some paper, and something to write with so I can send him on an errand to pick up what I need so we can hurry."

The gnome seems to be exuding a sense of impatience.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

*he looks at the gnome* "oh could you ask him to get me a short sword while he is out? I don't know what sort of trouble lies before us and I feel I may need a weapon I can use up close if need be" *he says with a smile*


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Quaylon shakes his head in disbelief, thinking to himself, what will these two do next.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

oh me and him shall RULE THE WORLD! Lol

101 to 150 of 823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Attack the Darkness in the Darkwood All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.