Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Poisonbladed Hollow's Last Hope (Inactive)

Game Master Ross Hearne aka poisonbladed

Right o' a deadly plague, a mysterious forest, goblins? Whats not to love.


51 to 100 of 823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome isn't being obvious about putting the food in his hat. He seems like he is doing a poor job of being subtle about it. He takes some bites of food, if it seems like he likes it then he takes tiny pieces and attempts to subtly stick the small crumbs in his hat.

If you decide to question him about it, just let me know.


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

Makvor tells the barkeep, "Give me two plates - one for me, and one for my...umm...companion with just some raw meat - some ale for me, and some water in a bowl for him."

To the others, he says, "Name's Makvor - I help to tend and protect the forest with the help of my wolf, Spirit. But you're telling me that you are all here for the same reason we are - would you be willing to accept my assistance in fixing whatever this problem is?"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Zatqualmie looks at everyone around the table while he very seriously says "We must accept Spirit and his pet's help. The wolf and the Sword of Justice are needed to help with this."

Turning his attention to Makvor, the gnome says "I am Zatqualmie Tulgrasmfinet Exataerg Frablutapint Fire-Top. It is a pleasure to meet you and Spirit."

To DM:
I activate my second use of Speak with Animals for the day.

The gnome then hops off his crate and walks over to Spirit. He begins to speak in Gnomish and says:

Gnomish:
"Spirit, it is good to meet you as well. Your pet Orc seems to be in poor spirits.... Maybe that is the wrong choice of words. Anyway, do you have a treat or something I can give him?"


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

DM:

Use of cantrip, Summon Instrument

With a gesture and a word, a lute appears in Quaylon's hands.

He begins to play

perform:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Quaylon then says "perhaps a little background music while we hear the happenings of the forest from one who has been there?"

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"Pardon me gnome friend, and i don't mean to intrude on your conversation, but i just have to ask, what are you doing with your food??"

*hes says totally enthralled in it ignoring Makvors introduction, and the half elf playing*


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

perception:

To attempt to observe exactly what the gnome has been doing
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome responds to the elf "Hmmm...? Ummmm....Eating it? It's ... ummm... very delicious. So, how is your food? And... Um... What do you do with your food?"

The gnome seems to stop putting bits of food in his tophat.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"May i see your tophat, friend?"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Very excitedly the gnome says "FRIEND!? We can be friends and you can call me Exataerg! We can stay friends and you can see my tophat so long as..." the gnome trails off but then stares angrily at the elf and in a very stern tone says "YOU USE YOUR EYES AND NEVER ASK TO TOUCH MY HAT!" After a long stare the gnome continues about his business and in a cheerful tone speaks to Spirit.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"Sure sure sure.. I was just interested in why you were putting food in your hat, Exataerg"


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

"Isn't it clear?" Quaylon interjects, "he is trying to save crumbs for later! You never know how long we are going to be in the forest for, and I for one am not the most adept at living of the land, perhaps I should try it too!"

Quaylon gives a wink to the gnome.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"i just carry rations?"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome laughs, gives a big grin, and dances to the music, whenever it is being played.

Preform (Dance) 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

The elf doesn't get the sense that any animosity carried forward once he did not proceed any further with the topic of the top hat.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

*I just laugh under my breath and look at Exataerg oddly*


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Quaylon continues playing, though is trying to keep the volume down some so that the conversation is not interrupted. The music is more somber, to accommodate being a backdrop for the tale of the forest. When the gnome starts dancing he attempts to get a little more lively with it.

perform:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Qualyon’s Knowledge Local:
The small village of Falcon’s Hollow is a wild place. Nestled in the shadow of Droskar’s Crag, the people of Falcon’s Hollow are hearty and stern. Theirs is a life of hardships, broken only occasionally by a handful of festivals and the infrequent merchant caravan.
They face constant adversity from both the wilderness and the wiles of man. Wolves nip at their heels and cutpurses ply at their pockets. It is a testament to their strength that they even manage to survive at all.

Falcon’s Hollow
Town nonstandard (Lumber Consortium)
Population 1,400
Authority Figures
Gavel Thuldrin Kreed, male human (Gavel of the Lumber Consortium),
Magistrate Vamros Harg, male halfling (Magistrate-Elect),
Sheriff Deldrin Baleson, male half elf (Sheriff of Darkmoon Vale),
Boss Payden “Pay Day” Teedum, (Overboss of the Lumber Consortium).

The barkeep had hollered for his boy several minutes ago. The freckled lad seemed all legs and little brains, a perfect messenger. Smiling rather than scowling now that he knew something about why Half Orcs would come to his shack, the room seemed livelier with music and the ax removed from the bar.

She will be here in a minute or two lads.

Zatqal:
The wolf only cocked its head, when you spoke. Sometimes I use animal companions as NPCs but now isn’t one of those times what it says is up to Makvor. However when your words left your mouth Franklin began chattering away. Yes, the Wolf and his Master they can help us. You and I are too few by half. Green skins, terrible human rot, and danger. Yes yes YES! Imodae the Sword of Justice, her servant the other Half Orc. Yes good gnome good. Both are strong, as you are strong, together stronger still. KILL KILL KILL the lurkers in the forest.

There is a bit of chattering and squeaking coming from the Gnome that is hard to place.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

Chattering and squeaking? I want to investigate


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

How are you going to investigate?

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

Idk thats why i asked sort of asked. I want to see if i can see or hear anything at first. Like concentrate on the sound.


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

Once he gets his plate, Makvor digs in. He doesn't seem to have much use for utensils...or for chewing, for that matter. In moments, his plate is cleared, and Makvor is draining the last of the ale from his mug. He wipes his hands on his clothes, pulls 4 copper pieces out of his belt pouch and gives them to the bartender. "Thank you for the meal." With that, he goes back to the table to wait for "Laural".

@Zatqualmie:
Spirit isn't a terribly good conversationalist (he's got an intelligence of 2, after all). He nods his head in response to your greeting, and mentions something about how they were both feeling unwell when asked about Makvor's mood. When asked about treats, Spirit cocks his head to one side and looks at you expectantly - perhaps he would like some of these treats? As to the rest of your conversation, it mostly revolves around the taste of the raw fish and meat he is eating.


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

While speaking to Spirit, the gnome looks up and says in gnomish:

Gnomish & To Makrov:
"Oh, I see... Excuse me Spirit, I had it backwards. I understand now that you are Makvor's companion." Oddly, the gnome carries on the conversation at this intelligence level as best he can. I figured the intelligence would be low and wasn't expecting too much out of the conversation. He just likes animals.

The gnome reaches up to his plate, pulls off some trout and places it on Spirit's plate. He seems to shove a tiny piece of the trout in to his hat.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1
Zordlon Boweave wrote:
Idk thats why i asked sort of asked. I want to see if i can see or hear anything at first. Like concentrate on the sound.

Try a Perception check, then... describe what you're trying to do & how. :)


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10
Oladon wrote:
Zordlon Boweave wrote:
Idk thats why i asked sort of asked. I want to see if i can see or hear anything at first. Like concentrate on the sound.
Try a Perception check, then... describe what you're trying to do & how. :)

I hit 25 on mine in a prior post, I am guessing I saw exactly what was going on, which is why I tried to steer the conversation away from it. The gnome is quirky and has secrets, who isn't or doesn't?

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
I am trying to see if i can see where that sound is coming from and further more if i can see what is making the sound


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

I believe with a 43101 you have x-ray vision and can hear the children whispering 3 towns over. ;)

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

with a 413101?


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Very strange, when I reply to your thread it shows me:

Zordlon Boweave wrote:

20 = 1d20(15) + Perception 5

I am trying to see if i can see where that sound is coming from and further more if i can see what is making the sound

Here is a copy and paste of what shows up on my screen:

100d1001 + 5 ⇒ (664, 161, 778, 138, 403, 852, 154, 200, 572, 258, 205, 409, 501, 275, 627, 234, 69, 189, 548, 811, 423, 423, 581, 725, 577, 484, 510, 660, 104, 331, 759, 179, 929, 979, 14, 163, 312, 332, 245, 317, 876, 336, 311, 904, 794, 606, 226, 729, 344, 949, 432, 708, 157, 233, 602, 927, 872, 305, 609, 412, 322, 214, 158, 589, 599, 970, 736, 118, 30, 85, 388, 393, 585, 203, 457, 703, 966, 284, 517, 265, 223, 621, 370, 66, 284, 235, 831, 56, 304, 256, 381, 286, 438, 507, 741, 15, 219, 165, 57, 32) + 5 = 43101


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10
Zordlon Boweave wrote:
with a 413101?

The initial was a little weird, it showed 101 rolls of 1 to 1001 or something like that.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

It glitched the first time i had to fix it :P


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Zord Critical Succeeds the roll cracking the planet in half, turning your weapons into bees...angry bees, and unearthing Advanced Undead Elder Lava Elementals!


Everyone was wondering what that chittering from the gnome was when the door opens, and closes with a terriffic BANG. In walks an older dark skinned woman, with an embarrassed look on her face.

Oh, pardon me someone probably has the back door open, this one slipped from my grasp. I am Laurel healer and midwife to Falcon’s Hollow. I have heard that there were some lads seeking to get in touch with me. Are you those lads?

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"yes , madam, we were indeed looking for you" *zordlon says with a smile*

and yeah, I thought that role was sufficient :p


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Quaylon rise to greet the woman "yes ma'am, that would be use, please have a seat." He escorts her to his chair and dismisses the lute.

"Can I get you a drink or a meeal?"


No, I am not hungry as of yet, but a rest would be good. My feet do ache something aweful.

Sitting down, relief slips over her eyes. She takes off a shoe and starts rubbing her foot and ankle.

Tell me why were you looking for me?


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Quaylon:
It appeared that the gnome was carefully placing bits of food in a specific spot in his hat.

Zordlon:
It sounded as though some squeaking and animal noise was coming from the gnome's hat

Retcon: The gnome was making wolf noises to the wolf while attempting to speak to it then interrupted it with some squeaks.

The gnome very slowly and confusedly says: "We believe that you can help us with," while making shifty eyes, "the danger, the green skins, the human rot, and the lurkers in the forest? Can you help us with that?"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome quickly and immediately says "Uhhh.... Not them," while pointing at the half orcs.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni chuckles, softly yet deeply. "I believe my friend is trying to ask if you can cure this plague; though I have no reason to doubt it, I assure you."


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome leans over and whispers in Mrachni's ear:

Mrachni:
"Is that what I am trying ask, friend? If so, thank you for helping. Umm, one last thing, what's 'this plague'?"

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"may I have a word with you, Exataerg, in private?"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

"Certainly! Friend!"

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

*I step off to the side to talk with Exataerg* "Now I don't know what sort of rodent you are hiding in your hat, but I just want you to know that this group if, we are indeed to go on this journey, should have absolute trust with each other, now... is there anything you would like to share with me friend? Not that you have to..."


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome follows the elf away from the rest of the group. He then looks at the elf all the while smiling and nodding. After a brief contemplative pause he looks at the elf and says "Yes."

He then continues to stand there.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

Probably should have put what was said before as a spoilrr as well :p oh well

Exataerg:
*he just sort of laughs* "Well OK then, what?" *he says with a smile at the gnomes reaction*


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome reaches in to the whole in the side of his tophat. After shifting around, appearing as though he is looking for something. Then a big grin comes over his face.

Zordlon:
"I got it, hold out your hand."

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

Exataerg:
"Hahaha! Shall I close my eyes as well, Exataerg??" *he says with a smile on his face :)*


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Zordlon:
"Umm... If you want?" says the gnome with a slight tone of confusion.

Does he put out his hand?

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

yes he does

Exataerg:
"alright lets see it then" *he says with a smile


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Zordlon:
The gnome drops a small piece of food in the elf's hand. He smiles and says "Friend, if you wanted me to share food with you, you didn't have to bring me all the way over here. I'm glad that we get to share things with each other. I've lost many of my better sharing trinkets during my travels but I'll try to pick up more soon so that we can share again. Let me know next time you want share, friend!"

As the gnome walks back to the group with a big smile on his face, he says "Silly Elves."

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

*zorldon busts out into laughter*

Exataerg:
"oh my gnome friend..."

*I walk over with Exataerg*
""my gnome friend I did not want your food, but I thank you"
*I pat him on the back as I sit down *
"I can tell we will have fun times together Exataerg"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

This is when I was disappointed I didn't buy some random trinkets and junk that I meant to put on my character sheet just for fun.

"Me too!"

51 to 100 of 823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Attack the Darkness in the Darkwood All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.