Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Poisonbladed Hollow's Last Hope (Inactive)

Game Master Ross Hearne aka poisonbladed

Right o' a deadly plague, a mysterious forest, goblins? Whats not to love.


1 to 50 of 823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Perched at the edge of civilized lands, the small town of Falcon’s Hollow has always had to rely on itself to solve its problems. Meanwhile, the uncaring lumber barons squeeze the common folk for every last copper, deaf to their pleas. Now the hacking coughs of the sick are heard throughout town. The plague has come to Falcon’s Hollow and the town’s leaders can’t be bothered to stop it.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

i look around the room, what do i see?

Edit: Or better yet, who do i see?


An old fat barmaid, cleaning glass ware. Looking at the elf who just walked in. The place is very clean and a little to warm. The nights are still a bit cold, so people are still closing the windows. She probably was once pretty, in a farmers daughter sort of way. Her smile goes all the way to her eyes.

Prit'eerie start you have der'Boy. We ain't got no wine just yet, but der eggs, sausages, and ale if you'd like

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"I will just have a glass... Er... Mug of your ale" *i will take a seat at the bar*


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Walking into the ale house, Quaylon takes in the scene and slowly strides to the bar. Giving a nod to the elf who just say down and smiling at the bar maid, "that is a lovely smile you have, but I would be willing to bet you hear that all day. I would love a glass of ale and a plate of those sausages and eggs I have been hearing about."

Quaylon places a couple of silver on the counter and looks into his near empty pouch.

He quietly whispers to himself "Things had better turn around here soon or it will be back to the festival."


She knows your charm too well Quaylon and titters at your flirting. It isn't the first time you have been in here.

Right away you devil, oh and put all dat' away, ya'know I only take pennies frim'ya. she says flipping the half elf with the towell.

You find any folks to a'go wit'ya inn'at Darkwood, Quay? asking the Bard as she gathers up steaming eggs and meat.

Then she brings the ale. Thick, foaming, and with enough yeast at the bottom to make a loaf of bread.

Three coppers frim'you charming, and pure bludd gives me one copper

Taking the money she goes on talking, almost as if you both were not there.

Been o'couple of dem Orcies in here. One had the Sword o'Justice around its neck. Braxter said ta'feed'em so I did. Course they didn't come ta'gether. Heavens now, Baxter liable to draw his ole' ax out if dey did.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

*i say:* "thanks, and orc? Do you get many of those around here"


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

Makvor makes his way to The Ale House and signals his companion, Spirit, to heel. Can't let him get away from me - makes humans nervous. He braces himself, then steps through the door and makes his way to a corner table. Let's hope the regulars aren't feeling frisky.

He seats himself with his back to the corner, motions Spirit to stay, and takes in the scene.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


No, oh no we don’t elder. Last time we had any trouble wit’der lot was back in der’wars. Long befer I dropped from me dear ole’ ma. Seems ta’me dat… her words are cut off, by the opening of the door, color draining from her face, smile dropping agape.

She whispers Dat’s one dim’der. Been in’ere before, let’s dat wolf right he does. Ain’t right, still I gotta she remembers herself and talks directly to the Half Orc who clearly just came in.

Morn’in Ranger, can I gat you some eggs-n-sausages?

@Makvor – the Barmaid clearly fears you. Spirit wants to check the spot he marked a few days ago, but isn’t, and is looking at you pleading to do so. The Elf and a Half-Elf are clearly peers. You do know for a fact that they are strangers to this unnamed room, just like you. Anything the PCs want to tell you is up to them.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

DM:
Mrachni will ask the Lady Cirthana where Laural should be sought. He'll then bid her farewell and...

A few minutes later, a stocky cloaked figure enters the Ale House, stopping just inside the door to scan his surroundings. His manner suggests some discomfort at what he sees, along with... something else. His shoulders rise and fall slowly as if in a sigh, and he lowers his hood to reveal a green-tinged, rather orc-like face.

Perception DC 16:
His right cheek is scarred in the clear shape of a longsword, with rays extending outward from the hilt.

He frowns slightly, as if he isn't quite sure what to do now.


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

Makvor answers, "Yeah." Then, remembering his manners, he adds, "Uh, I mean 'Yes, please, that sounds delicious.' And some o' yesterday's bread, too?"

While he waits, he looks down at Spirit, ruffles his fur, and releases him.


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

A gnome with fire red hair is sitting in the corner of the room alone at a table as the others enter. He appears to be wearing a hodgepodge of mismatched armor, spiked gauntlets, a threadbare tophat, and a greataxe.

From everyone's best guess he seems to be speaking quietly to his threadbare tophat. When the Orcs enter, his eyebrows pop up and he tilts his head slightly sideways.

He mutters in to his hat.

@DM:
"How did you know about these Orcs? What's this non-sense about a wolfsword?!"

After a brief pause with the hat to his ear he loudly says "WHAT DANGER?! I DON'T NEED HELP! FINE! ... I'll go talk to them."

Zatqualmie waits for the Orcs to have a seat at the bar. After they take a seat he attempts to scoot a bar stool between them. Once the stool is between them, he walks around to the back of the bar and finds a crate. He carries the crate around, places it on the bar stool, and climbs atop the crate to have a seat.

Zatqualmie awkwardly says, "So... You guys come here often?"


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Quaylon, returns the silvers and gives the bartender the 3 coppers.

"Thank you for the wonderful service as always, and no I have not find souls brave enough to join me. I am hoping today is that lucky day." he says with a pleasant smile.

Quaylon watches the orcs comes in, and nods to the elf next to him at the bar to check the events unfolding out. "Coming in here, can't be to bad right."

Whispering to himself, "perhaps today is my lucky day."

Quaylon, picks up his plate and ale, walks over to the table the half-orcs have sat at. "Mind if join you?" he says?"


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni hasn't sat down... he's just standing near the entrance looking rather uncomfortable.


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

I'm new to the play by post system but I thought it would be okay to presume he would sit down eventually. Once he sits then Zatqualmie will attempt to sit next to him.

If he doesn't sit down then I'll retcon it from there. :)

If its not okay to make presumptions like that just let me know. I'm learning about play by post.

Thanks.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Fair enough. Let's see here... Quaylon, going to assume that you're at Makvor's table.

After standing at the entrance for a few minutes, Mrachni starts to walk over to the corner that the half-elf has just approached. His face seems a bit pensive, as if he's unsure of the reaction his presence will evoke. He seems to have no qualms about the wolf, though it's unclear whether the wolf feels the same.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Frowning slightly, he leans against the wall and tries to figure out what to say. If you're next to him, feel free to read the Perception DC 16 spoiler above.

Jumping slightly at the gnome's unexpected appearance and question, he shakes his head. "First time. You?" he replies.

There... cleaned up? :)

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

*ranva walks over with his ale to the orcs, sipping it, he is not a drinker* "Pardon my intrusion, but may i ask what a couple of orcs are doing around here? Not that it is any of my business but it seems by the reactions of the locals, your kind isn't seen around here too often."*he takes another sip, rather tilting the mug for the ale to touch his lips but not really swallowing*


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Quaylon smiles at the approach of the other Half-orc

"I would love to join you all for a meal if you would have me, perhaps share tales, or perhaps speak of a journey to come, what brings you all to these parts?"


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The gnome stands on the crate on top of his chair, clearly in an attempt to be at an even height with the elves.

He looks sternly at the elf and says "They are here because of the danger." His tone suggests that the elf should already know this.

He then faces the half elf and says "The sword of justice and the wolf are needed to deal with the danger..." The gnome trails off slightly as he says this. After a brief contemplative pause, he says "Ask them to tell the stories of how the sword of justice and the wolf led these fine men here to help me with..." he begins to whisper, while looking around the room, "...the danger."

After another brief pause, he takes a much more lighthearted tone with the half elf and says "After that, I'd love to here some of your exciting stories!"

The gnome plops back down on his crate and faces Mrachni. In a far more conversational tone he says, "No... not at this particular table anyway. Though, I have been to this establishment a couple of times since I arrived in town."


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

Makvor sees the elves approaching and motions Spirit back over to a guarding position. As they draw nearer, Spirit's hackles begin to rise and you hear a deep rumble beginning to emanate from his chest. Then, realizing that the elves' intent isn't hostile, Makvor calms Spirit once more. Down, Spirit.

Responding to the first elf, he looks around at all of the other empty chairs in the place. Must want something... "No, though I may not be good company."

Then, realizing that most everyone in the room seems focused on him, he says, "There is something wrong to the north, in the forest. My wolf and I both feel it, but we also feel that the problems are bigger than we can handle alone. We need help from others like us, and are here to find it."

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"yes... I am here for this as well. By the looks of it we seem to all have a similar reason for being here, or at least this is what i assume."


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni, silent so far except for his answer to the gnome, speaks up. "I know nothing of the danger of which you speak, Friend Gnome, unless it is the plague which has recently come to this town."

Hearing Makvor's statement about the woods, Mrachni frowns. "If that is true, then we must hurry and find Laural before it is too late for her to help this town."

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"Laural?"


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni looks up from the spot he's been watching intently on the floorboards. "She... I am told she alone can cure this plague."

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"Well then lead my Orc friend" *he says with a smile*


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

"I shall accompany you as well, if you do not mind. I have been meaning to venture to the darkvale but have not been fortunate enough to find people willing to join me, but first we should eat." says Quaylon

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"And i thought i would have to figure out all of this on my own, its great to see all of these fine people interested in helping with this epidemic"


Those without food look around for the serving wench but see that she is gone. Odd that such a heavy women could move so silently. She never brought Makvor his order, thankfully she never took his money too.

There is some clumping footfalls coming from the back of the Ale House. The door behind the bar opens and very tall, very fat, bearded man enters. Acne scares dot his cheeks and nose. He casually holds a wood ax in corded hairy arms. Laying the sharp tool down across the bar.

Now Lads! What will it be. I have eggs and sausages, day old bread, ale and I can russell up some crisp bacon or fried trout. 2 coppers per plate, 1 copper per flagon.

Knowledge Local or History to know anything about the Darkmoon Vale or the Falcon's Hollow. Because you have Hero Points I often do not inform you of the DCs. If you have questions ask me in the Discussion board.


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

As Mrachni says "Friend Gnome," a big grin crosses the gnome's face. He exclaims "Since we are FRIENDS, you can call me 'Zatqualmie!'"

Zatqualmie goes on to say "Obviously, that is short for Zatqualmie Trablutamint Fulgraspfinet Exataerg Fire-Top... which is what I expect everyone else to call me."

Zatqualmie hollars "I'd like an order of eggs and sausage, day ole bread, a can of russel crisp bacon, orange fried trout, a single copper plate, and a small water! Also, I'll pick up whatever my FRIEND here is having." as he motions toward Mrachni.

Zatqualmie, in a far more somber voice says to Mrachni "So... you think 'the danger' is 'a plague' and we need to find 'Laural' to stop it?" He mumbles under his breath"How does Franklin..."

EDITED TO IDENTIFY WHO WAS SPOKEN TO IN LAST PARAGRAPH


M Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Wolf Shaman) 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 FF 14 T 12 | Saves +4/+3/+6 | Init + 4 | Percep +7

Makvor is a little nervous about the wench's absence, as well as the implied threat of the axe-bearing man. He tries to get a better sense of the situation - should he prepare for violence, or should he be on his best behavior?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"I will just have some bread and water thank you. *he turns to the gnome* And I would like to know the exact details on what is going on however im sure we can trust our orc friend on the matter of the plague"


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Mrachni smiles and appears to relax for the first time since entering. Pulling over a stool from a nearby table, he finally sits down. "Name's Mrachni. Hope you can forgive me if I can't quite pronounce your name... Zak...wallmee?" His tongue stumbles over the unfamiliar sounds, and he frowns at his inability to get them right.

Addressing the new arrival, he speaks just loudly enough to be heard: "I, er... trout, please." and to the gnome, "My thanks. The plague... it's why I'm here."

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

*Zordlon greats Mrachni* "Nice to meet your friend," *he holds his hand out to shake hands* "My name is Zordlon, Zordlon the archer as you can probably tell my the bow on my back" *he says smiling*


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

The more astute members of the group might get the sense that when Zatqualmie said "So... you think 'the danger' is 'a plague' and we need to find 'Laural' to stop it?" it was apparent that he may not have grasped fully what some of the quoted text said but was repeating what he heard previously.


Mrachni - give a discription of your character. For example does he were a holy symbol? Describe that holy symbol if you would

everyone take off the money you just spent

Soon the grate over the fire is sizzling with bacon and fish. The smells of cooking meat is mouth watering. The barkeep keeps his smiles hidden, serving you all in a polite dry manner.

Makvor - the bar keep could certainly handle himself if he took a mind. However you get the feeling that he is not threatening so much as he is threatened. If there isn't any trouble, there will be no trouble. Best behavior is in store.

@Zatqual -Franklin is oddly not moving around a great deal. He says nothing at your words. True to form Franklin is listening. One of these is clearly the Half Orc with the Wolf Makvor

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"thank you sir" *i say to him as i take the food*


Oh, master you speak of the sickness? asks the barkeep looking at the gnome.

I know were Laural is. She might be busy but she was looking fer some brave souls to help her. I am sure that she would love to meet you five. Its them rich b*stards fault the folk are suffering so. I could send a boy to fetch her for five silvers.

He nods to the polite elven archer

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"I got this guys" *I toss him the 5sp*


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

DM:
I described him when he came in the room, and mentioned that anyone near him can read the Perception spoiler above... his scar is the only holy symbol he carries.

Mrachni looks at the elf's hand for a moment, then seems to remember what's expected and offers his own to shake, nodding.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

i totally forgot about the handshake, my bad.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

"Excellent to meet you, friend *he says nodding and smiling, shaking Mrachni's hand*


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

"I am glad that you could join us Mrachni, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Looking back to the other half orc "Do you know where to look for this Laurel?"


Mrachni wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Mrachni looks at the elf's hand for a moment, then seems to remember what's expected and offers his own to shake, nodding.

Yep I got that, just was trying to help someone out. Just in case they missed it.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1
GM Poisonblade wrote:
Mrachni wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Mrachni looks at the elf's hand for a moment, then seems to remember what's expected and offers his own to shake, nodding.

Yep I got that, just was trying to help someone out. Just in case they missed it.

Ok im lost... Did i mess up and people dont shake hands in pathfinder or is it an orc thing? or.....??


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Quaylon: I'd mentioned Laural, and the barkeep offered to have her brought here... don't think Makvor knows anything about her.


Male Half-orc Cleric 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +5* Ref +2* Will +8* | CMD 12 | Init +1

Zordlon: you're fine. DM's comment was unrelated to your offer of a handshake. :)


Male Gnome Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1 | HP 16/16 (18) | Rage 4/7 | AC 18 (16) T 13 (11) FF 16 (14) | CMD 14 (16) |Fort +5 (+7), Ref +2, Will +0 (+2) | Init +2 | Perception +5

Zatqaulmie says to the bar keep "It appears so. Thank you for the delicious food. What do I owe you?"

He turns to the elf and says "I agree, the orc with the sword of justice is the good one. He can be trusted."

While eating, the gnome occasionally sticks small amounts of food in a hole in the side of his tophat.

I'm not sure what food the gnome actually got based on his order. Let me know how much to mark off my sheet for his meal and the orc's meal.

Andoran

Male Elf Fighter(archer)1

Do i see him putting food in his pocket? if so i would like to ask him what he is doing :P


Male Half Elf Bard 1 (Archeolgist) HP 8/8 AC: 14 (12 Touch) (12 Flat) CMD: 12(10) Luck 8/8 Fort: 0 Ref: 4 Will: 3 Init: +2 Perception +10

Quaylon was mentioning Laurel in response to the Gnome, he missed it when the topic was mentioned the first time, his mind too busy wandering to what he might actually, finally, get to accomplish.

DM:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
knowledge Local for the Darkmoon Vale

1 to 50 of 823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Attack the Darkness in the Darkwood All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.