Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM_Pace's Serpent's Skull

Game Master jhpace1

Another Serpent's Skull, but with psionics and 3rd party material. Uses the Pathfinder Reference Document online as well as the Open Gaming License


401 to 450 of 974 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Aegis 1

Phillip collapses, hit fairly hard by the dead first mate. "We need to get his body moved as soon as possible. We don't want his seepage smelling up the place," Phillip says between breaths.

He also remembers that his Astral Skin is on, and begins tearing that off, dissipating it quickly.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Ashana lets out a deep breath and then streaches, her back cracking loudly. "You would think after spending all that time in the ships hold I'd be used to sleeping on hard things...but this ground is very uncomfortable." She then goes into her shelter and donned her armor and took the time to hide some daggers on her person(she'll hide 2 and keep 2 at her hips). She then re-emerges and looks around camp "So whats the game plan? I know its not light out yet but I don't think I'm going back to sleep."

Slight of hand check to hide weapons: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Human Aegis 1

Just so you know, Ashana, that's supposed to be a hidden DM roll.

Phillip gets back up, ready to start dragging the zombie out of camp. If nobody helps, he'll just drag the zombie out, otherwise it can be carried.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

Adriano rushes to Phillip laying his hands over Phillip's heart "Dawnflower heal this warrior of lights wounds"

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Aegis 1

6/11

Thanks, that's much better. He really knocked the wind out of me.


Male Human Cleric 2D8

Jask came over and looked at Phillip's jaw and torso. (Heal check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28) "My my my." the middle-aged man clucked. He stood back for Adriano's positive energy, then checked Phillip again. "Hm. That helped, Adriano, but the young man needs more." Jask raised his own holy symbol and let out a healing wave. (Channel positive energy, 1d6 ⇒ 1). "Hm. Let's try that again." he mumbled, yawning in the morning light. 1d6 ⇒ 4, 1d6 ⇒ 2 "There." Jask finished, pleased with himself.


Male Human Aegis 1

11/11

Thanks, Jask, I'll be fine now.

GM, what's up with all these 20s?


Male Human Gamemaster

(The Pazio dicebot favors GMs with 30% more natural 20s than players, Phillip. Keeps the games interesting.)

(JUST KIDDING! I have no proof of dice bias from Pazio! Just making a joke.)

Everyone looked around the camp in the growing morning light. The fact that they were shipwrecked, and had just woken up in their first day on an island they might or might not get off of wore heavily on all of them. The city of Eleder, their destination, was as far away as another world. This island was their immediate future. It was a terrifying, sobering realization. Gone was the thrill of just a day ago, when everyone thought they were going to get off the Jenivere to a new continent with new opportunities.

(SMUGGLER'S SHIV - DAY 02)

Everyone read for module rules:

All right, here's the deal: the NPC castaways have a daily roll for their attitude while shipwrecked. The PCs can help or hinder this attitude by roleplaying and Diplomacy/Intimidate checks. The roll is made once, in the morning; don't try to get the GM to re-roll, because it's not going to happen. The castaways being individuals, each will have his or her motivations to helping, sitting around, or rebelling against the group. You could safely ignore others while onboard the ship. You no longer have that luxury, if you are going to survive.

Each castaway starts out with an attitude of Indifferent, which means the person is willing to help out with small tasks around the campsite. Jask, with his freed manacles, is considered Friendly, and willing to do more to help others, but not to the point of risking his life for them. That would be Helpful. Once a character reaches Helpful, they will stay here unless dramatically threatened. The NPCs can also fall from Indifferent to Unfriendly and Hostile. You don't want to see Hostile. Aeyrs is Unfriendly due to personal issues and a certain problem you all can probably guess at - alcoholism.

If the NPC has an attitude of Indifferent or better, they can do two full-day jobs at the campsite:

Defender: A defender works to set traps, shore up a shelter’s walls, and see to the safety of the campsite.

Entertainer: An entertainer helps to raise hopes for rescue—each entertainer grants NPCs a +2 bonus on Will saves to increase morale.

Guard: Each guard reduces the chance of a wandering monster attacking the camp during the day or night.

Hunter: Each hunter provides enough food and water for eight Medium creatures per day.

Medic: Each medic reduces the chance of being exposed to disease and increases the number of hit points healed naturally during a night’s rest in the camp by 2. (Note, with a proper shelter and a fire your chance for disease is already decreased.)

In addition to Attitude, there is Morale. This is somewhat more long-term because of the prospects of being stranded on a creepy island. Each castaway starts out with Shaken. They can get better to Normal and Friendly, or get worse to Frightened and Panicked. Panicked means they run off into the jungle to fend for themselves.

There are game bonuses and penalties for getting everyone off alive from the shipwreck of the Jenivere. This being a XP-less game, there are also additional feats and/or traits for success and failure, depending upon who lives and who dies.

To track how the castaways are doing, I'm uploading "Link to NPC Attitudes and Morale" to the Campaign Page (see the tab at the top). Check this link every couple of days.

You don't have to worry about PCs that have become NPCs: they don't have to roll for Attitude or Morale, but neither will they do much beyond staying at camp and being the occasional party filler. Shevan, Noel and Tessara are this type.

DM dice rolls, nothing to see here:

D: 10% M: DC 15
Aeyrs D:1d100 ⇒ 6 Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 M: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10
Gelik D:1d100 ⇒ 72 Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 M: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Ishirou D:1d100 ⇒ 61 Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 M: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Jask D:1d100 ⇒ 77 Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 M: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Sasha D:1d100 ⇒ 83 Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 M: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Aeyrs and Ishirou fall from Shaken to Frightened.

Shevan and Ishriou bury Alton Devers, Ishirou insisting upon dismembering the man first and digging a separate grave for each body part, "just in case". No one argues with him.

The mood continues to be somber throughout breakfast, when the sun comes up over the horizon. Aerys takes the last swig of brandy from the glass bottle, then disgustedly chucks the bottle at the campfire, where it shatters on one of the stones. Ishirou gives a start at the sound, his hand going for his katana, but he stops halfway and forces himself to act normally.


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

The blond gnome gets up after breakfast, splendidly clad in his mud-free clothing, and calls for attention. "I believe we need to discuss what we are going to do to live here and get off of this island." he began. "Now, as the only certified Pathfinder here, I will list the tasks that must be undertaken. One. We need an exploring party to search this island and make sure we don't have any more undead, cannibals, or hostile tribes! I don't want last night repeated." Gelik stated, shuddering. He continued. "Two. We need people to take care of the camp, see to our wounded parties, such as the woman and her girl-child, have someone hunt and fish for food, guard the camp from animals and critters that may come looking for our food, and keep track of what is found."

Gelik began pacing back and forth. "As much as I would like to lead an adventuring party." he said, "I must decline. Until we are certain no ships are going by on a regular basis. I think we would be better served with a constant, maintained signal fire."


Male Human Rogue 2D8

"No signal fire. The rugged Tian said gruffly. "There are pirates."


Male Human Cleric 2D8

"I can take care of the woman Noel and her Tessara girl." Jask said. "I've taken care of sick sailors before. But we do need to find out why Alton was raised as a zombie! Why is this island cursed?"


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Ashana sits down by the fire and listens to the gnome talk. Once he's done she speaks. "I would like to volunteer to be part of the exploring crew. I figure it beats being cooped up in this camp all day hoping to be rescued."


Female Half-Elf Fighter 2D10

"I don't know and I don't care." Aeyrs declares. "But I'm itching for a fight, if anybody tries to ambush us again. And I want that Captain Kovack strung up for poisoning us and stranding us here." She walked unsteadily back to her tent.


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

"Well, there's one volunteer." Gelik said, nodding at Ashana.


Male Human Aegis 1

I'll go as well. If anything happens that needs someone going underwater, I'm almost certainly the best swimmer we've got. And I'm not too bad with my blade, either.


Male Human Rogue 2D8

"I will stay here." Ishirou said. "I can defend the camp. I am not much of an explorer."


Female Human Ranger 2D10

Sasha, who has been following all of this while seated, looks up from where she has been reading the Captain's Log. "Hey." she calls out, getting everyone's attention. "This logbook changes with our voyage. It used to have really detailed entries, but with our time, Captain Kovack starts getting loopy. There's days missing here, or these weird rhyming words all about that Varisian Ieana. It's like the Captain was a love-struck cow with her."

The redhead skips several pages, and picks up the text again. "But last week it gets really bad. The Captain thinks Alton's making eyes at 'his Ieana', and he wished the First Mate would just 'have an accident'. Two days ago it says the Captain changed course to Smuggler's Shiv at Ieana's request. He goes into some really bad poetry again about living here with the woman. The last line is about 'something may need to be done about the crew'." Sasha snapped the tome shut. "The Captain was as crazy as a loon, and we didn't even notice." the woman concluded. "But I didn't see Ieana protesting none. And she wasn't at the last meal with the poison in it, either."


Male Human Aegis 1

Y'know, I wasn't paying much attention, but now that I think on it, she wasn't there, was she? This is all very strange. Why would.... Whatever. Not much we can do about that now, although we may be able to find one or both of them on the island at some point. If that happens, we can give them a piece of our minds then.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"If he is out there we should be careful especially if he is crazy. he looks up at the sun saying a small pray "We should also get exploring so we can get back to camp before nightfall.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

"I agree that sitting around here doesn't help us get food and drink. From what we were able to get off of the ship I'm not immediatly worried about food but I would like to find a source of fresh water." She then stands and streaches, her back cracking loudly again. "So other than Philip will anyone be joining us? She then looks towards Phillip and asks What direction do you want to explore first?"


Male Human Aegis 1

"Well, Sasha, you would probably be pretty helpful out there, don't you think? Do you want to come with? Ashana, I'm not really too sure where to go first. We could either go farther into the island, or search the shores."


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"If we go along the shore we might have a better chance of spotting survivors and we might be able to salvage stuff that drifted ashore." thinking for a second "But we might have to deal with more of those scorpions." looking at Phillip "If we go inland we might meet some natives, I think I would vote for the shore at least our first day out."


Male Human Aegis 1

"That's what I was thinking as well, Adriano, approximately, at least. The sea scorpions shouldn't be a problem now that we're well rested, and have all of our gear at the ready. So, Adriano, does this mean you'll be joining us on our salvage?"


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"I will be, the more looking means there is more of a chance of locating what we might need."


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

"Didn't someone mention finding a map yesterday of this island?" Gelik asks, pleased that the other castaways are taking his suggestions.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"Yes we did while searching the ship, I totally forgot." Adriano pulls the map of the Shiv out of the scroll case he put it into rolling out in front of the group. 'Here it is.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

"Okay so looks like we're searching the beach." When Adriano pulls out the map she will look it over.


Male Human Gamemaster

(Varash hasn't answered, so I'm declaring him NPC until he does. :( )

(You can use this map of Smuggler's Shiv overall, and I will fill in new maps as necessary. Here's a bird's eye view of the first campsite. You already have an Excel spreadsheet of the first campsite too.)


Female Human Ranger 2D10

"Ha. I'll help explore." Sasha replied to Phillip, standing. "I've heard about dangerous birds, or flying creatures. I would love to see one here. Better than those lobster-things!"


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

"So. Four explorers out of twelve. Six of us left here, two disabled. Not bad, not bad." Gelik mused. He clapped his hands. "All right, the sun is rising! Now that it's daylight, we can make the camp better. I think our strong and silent types," he said, glancing at Shevan and Varash, "should be hunting nearby. Or, wait, I thought I saw some fishing nets in this pile. Yes! Here they are." Gelik pulled out a fishing net out of the pile of equipment to one side.

"So, what are you waiting for?" the gnome stated. "Shoo! Find us some more lumber and sailcloth, at the very least. Although the Captain's body would be a good thing too, to punish him for his treachery." Gelik finished, stroking his short beard.


Male Human Aegis 1

You can take my fishing net as well. Take it with you as a spare when you fish.

"Alright then, off to the beach? Should we go east or west first? I'm thinking west, as according to the map, it should be pretty obvious when we hit the end of the peninsula.


Female Human Ranger 2D10

"The beach sounds fine to me." Sasha stated. She checked her mail shirt and rapier. Going to the equipment pile, she took a vial of Cure Light Wounds for herself. "Just in case somebody gets hurt." Sasha told the others. "We could also use some more burlap sacks, I'm not dragging anything heavy back by myself." the woman declared.

"Ok, I'm ready to go."


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

"Well I have rope and my backpack if we need them. Though I don't know how much help I'd be carrying things, I'm not that strong."


Male Human Aegis 1

"Well, if we all work together, we should be able to bring anything necessary back, and if not, at least closer."


Male Human Gamemaster

(Pazio decided to back up the server this afternoon, unable to post for a few hours.)

(Waiting for Adriano! Just to make sure. In the meantime...)

As the four of you make your way from the jungle camp site to the beach, you are greeted by the upturned longboat. But someone has punched several holes in the hull, ruining the boat's seaworthyness!

Looking around, you can easily see heavy footprints from the surf leading first to the boat, then into the jungle, taking a straight-line approach rather than the crooked trail made to get to the campsite.


Male Human Aegis 1

GM:
Just so you know, Phillip can repair that. It'll take a while, (standard action/2 HP), but he can do it. If you don't want me to, I won't, but otherwise it could be useful around here.


Male Human Gamemaster

for Phillip:

The destruction was part of the overall plot, Phillip, because technically you're not supposed to get the longboat, but I knew you had an itch that needed to be scratched. :) And I don't mind disagreeing with the author(s) on some minor plot points. Repair the longboat, if you wish.


Male Human Aegis 1

GM:
I just wanted to make sure that you knew. I wouldn't imagine us getting off the island using it anyway.:P In any case, that works for me. If you really need to stop me from repairing something, warp it. I can't do anything for that.

On our way back, we can bring that up to camp and I'll get started on it.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"We should be able to put whatever we find in the longboat and carry or drag it back to camp with everything in it."


Male Human Aegis 1

I don't particularly fancy having to drag that thing up and down the shoreline.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"We don't need to carry it all up and down the shore just let it stay here and put what we find in it when we are ready to head back."


Male Human Aegis 1

I guess, when we come back past it, we can load everything into the boat. I thought you meant to keep it with us as we search.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"Sorry for not being clear."


Male Human Aegis 1

Don't worry about it.


Male Human Gamemaster

So using the map in your heads of where you are, the four of you begin walking along the beach, farther than where you went yesterday in search of the Jenivere.

After an hour, the sun has risen high in the sky, and if not for the constant breeze from the sea and the cool spray of the crashing surf, the heat in the cloudless sky would be much greater. You notice that a steep, rocky ridgeline to the jungle begins as you turn to the northern curve, a 100-foot rise between the sea and the island. Of the Jenivere there is no sign - the ship has been totally demolished, with the terrific tide taking the flotsam.

DM rolls, nothing to see here:

1d100 ⇒ 78

Another hour passes and then a third and a fourth, your only sightings the seagulls in the sky and the little terns and tiny crabs along the beach. With the sun high overhead you stop for lunch, a rocky ridge behind you, with nothing but open ocean in front of you, the sight of the main continent nowhere to be seen at the horizon.

Continuing on, according to the map Adriano has, you realize that in another hour you will be coming to the end of the northern curve of Smuggler's Shiv. Just as you resign yourself to the disappointingly clean beach, you spot the white masts of a shipwreck!

(Here's a map of the island with the new shipwreck.)

Walking closer under the hot sun, you see that the wreck was driven upon the beach itself, breaking the keel and preventing it from returning to the sea. Some great storm must have thrust it upon the sand, almost to destroy the vessel. The ship lists to one side, its' twin-mast design unfamiliar to you. As you approach closer, you are struck by the obvious age of the worm-eaten wood, the lack of sails save for some frayed threads, and the many gaps in the hull. Peering at the side, you barely make out the words engraved near the broken figurehead - the Tattooed Lady.


Male Human Aegis 1

Well, I think we've found something. Hopefully, there are still supplies to be scavenged.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Ashana follows the group silently but as the heat starts to rise it starts to make her a little edgy. When they stop for lunch she will walk down to the waters edge and take off her top and armor and wet them so that they can help cool her. She then puts the garment back on and shivers a little and the coolness of the water against her body but then lets out a slight sigh of relief.

"I tooks like the gods have finally shone on us on this god forsaken island. At least we can scavenge this thing without having to swim out to it."


Female Human Ranger 2D10

Sasha joined the catperson at the water's edge, telling the men "I think Ashana wants to wash up. You guys stay here. No peeking!", fingering her rapier.

Sasha took her turn taking off her armor and shirt, making sure the sand didn't cling to the metal and fabric afterwards.

for Ashana, and the guys if they can roll Perception DC 25 from their distance:

When Sasha takes off her shirt and rearranges her red hair, you see a strange scarlet-and-black tattoo on her back, inbetween her shoulder blades. It looks like two insectoid arms making a "N" or a "Z", you're not sure which. It's also a strange place on the human body to put a tattoo.

"I dunno." Sasha opined, seeing the Tattooed Lady. "It looks pretty beat up to me."


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Sweet I got an NPC out of their clothing with out even trying...Its a gift I swear

Ashana will take note of the tatoo on her back and remember to ask her about it later when the timing is a little more approperate.

"Well it will at least provide some shade from this blasted sun...I know we're pretty far south but does it really have to be his hot?" Ashana will then start making her way towards the ship.

Perception check if needed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Human Aegis 1

You don't have to tell me twice, Sasha. Just tell us when we can look back.

I can't possibly make that perception check.

Yeah, yeah. It's easy for you. Some people have to work for it. :P

401 to 450 of 974 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM_Pace's Serpent Skull IC (Psionics / 3rd party friendly) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.