Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM_Pace's Serpent's Skull

Game Master jhpace1

Another Serpent's Skull, but with psionics and 3rd party material. Uses the Pathfinder Reference Document online as well as the Open Gaming License


301 to 350 of 974 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Aegis 1

I thought I took his sword. That's the shortsword, right?


Male Human Gamemaster

(Yes, and Sasha should have seen that. We'll say she was commenting in general. Phillip has the shortsword. It's masterwork on both th armor and the weapon, btw.)

(Two unexplored rooms left! The mens' quarters and the womens' quarters.)

(It's nearly mid-afternoon now, and the breeze from the ocean has picked up.)


Male Human Aegis 1

"So that just leaves crew and passenger accomodations, correct? Let's get on with it, I don't think we should be on here too much longer."

Okay, that's what I thought. I'll put that info on the Swag Bag alias.


Burlap Bag of Holding 3

Info's been added regarding sword/armor.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"Correct, getting out of here hastily might be good after we take a look or we might all be practicing our swimming."


Male Human Aegis 1

"Not a problem for me, so I can stay a bit longer than you guys if need be. I don't want to push my luck too far, though."


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Ashana will go over and give the men a hand getting the footlocker from the captains quarters out to the cliff and then she will go back in to hurry along anyone else that is still on the ship.


Male Human Aegis 1

Phillip turns around to talk to Ashana:"Alright, alright. We've just got a few more rooms to check out. If you're getting anxious, you can wait for us back up on the cliff, or down with Varash. We'll make it out fine, don't you worry. It'll take more than a ship going down to take me out." grinning foolishly all the while.


Male Human Gamemaster

(The ship bangs against the cliffside ominously at Phillips' words. Wood is heard splintering on the starboard side of the Jenivere. Adjusting the map of the ship accordingly...)


Male Human Aegis 1

"Well, I suppose now's as good a time as any to start searching in here. Those faint of heart may want to leave. All others, please keep arms and legs inside the ride at all times, it may get bumpy at any time. Emergency exits are located wherever you can get out," Phillip says, grinning still. This being said, he enters the nearest unsearched room, which, looking at the map, should be the women's quarters, I believe.

Your splintering doesn't bother me, Jenivere. It is of no consequence.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

Would it be ok to Take on a perception Check for the Quarters.

Adriano looks at Phillip "lets start with the further back quarters and work our way out, before the ship crashes again."


Male Human Aegis 1

"Alright then, Adriano. That works just as well."

On to the Mens' Room, then.


Male Human Gamemaster

You enter the men's room to find it empty with nearly the entire side wall open to the cliff. Seawater is pouring into the room.

(Perception/Search checks, anyone? You can take 20.)


Male Human Aegis 1

Sure, I'll take 20. That's a 20. I'm in no hurry.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

Take 20 as well


Male Human Gamemaster

Searching the Men's Quarters turns up two spare bedrolls and two hammocks.

The Women's Quarters is less damaged than the Men's Quarters. Alton Devers did a better job of getting the women's gear loaded onto the longboat and onto shore.

Your searching complete, you can go back to the feeling fairly certain you have salvaged everything you can from the Jenivere. The ship's groaning and creaking is starting to get worse - the tide could be changing.

(No need for rolls climbing back. If you want to swim back, it's DC 25 to fight the waves.)


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Ashana will take Phillip up on his advice and head back to the cliff and then wait for everyone to get up there so she can be shown the way to camp.

I'm sure my cat will follow Varish home lol


Male Human Aegis 1

I'm feeling a little risky. Let's swim back.

After helping Adriano take what they found out to the main deck and tied up for the cliff, he'll say,"Well guys, I'll see you when you get back to Varash," and dives over the railing in the general direction of Varash, activating his Astral Skin a few second before he dives.

Swim, to reduce falling damage1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Swim, to fight the current1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

After that, I'll use the run action, moving 160 feet per round to meet up with Varash again, deactivating my Astral Skin just before surfacing.


Male Human Gamemaster

(Well, you have two choices: use the lumber and rope to make travois and drag the stuff on the beach, the sand is soft enough; or, pile the stuff in the longboat and row along the shoreline to the landing site. The tide is strong but a strong rower can battle it long enough to get there. Everybody else can walk.)


Male Human Aegis 1

Derp. Forgot about the stuff. Halfway back to Varash, do you mind if I remember the stuff, and swim back, deactivating Astral Skin prior to exiting the water?


Male Human Gamemaster

(Phillip, you can do either. Splitting up the party with one on the beach carrying/dragging stuff with you and another in the longboat rowing along the shoreline is allowed as well. Let's get everybody back to the first wake-up spot on the beach!)

(Can I get a roll call to see who is going to be at the wake-up spot? Including formerly quiet characters like our half-orc and our dragonrider?)


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

I'm here


Male Human Aegis 1

I'm here. And I think I'll get a travois made and drag stuff. Phil may be good at swimming, but he doesn't have the best strength. I think the travois will be the better choice for him.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

I am here it has just been real crazy due to the holidays


Male Human Gamemaster

The five explorers of the ruined Jenivere (and the cat) make their way back from the wreck of their ship to where they first awoke on the beach of Smuggler's Shiv. Sasha used a hemp rope to drag the longboat along the seashore, while the others used travois or their own strength to carry and drag what salvage they had found.

The going back took much longer than earlier in the day, and no one noticed the gathering clouds in the ever-increasing heat until thunder boomed across the sky and a downpour commenced. The party stopped and scrambled to put the food and other perishables under cover; Sasha even had to stop and bail out the longboat from the rainwater it had collected on the dirty wood.

(In the rain, Perception checks take a -4 penalty.)

Proceeding even slower, with occasional breaks under nearby tree canopies, the rain finally broke at what looked like mere hours before sunset. Thus our explorers, wet, bedraggled, and overloaded, finally made their way back to where they had first awoken on the beach.

Ishirou met you where the bare sand turned into jungle trees. Leading you to the campsite they had made, each of the other shipwreck survivors gave you a hearty greeting, enthusiastic at the material you bring back.


Male Human Rogue 2D8

"We have made a camp." the stoic man stated to the others. "It is nearly a hundred feet under the trees. We needed this when it started raining. The gnome has started a fire and is making a nuisance of himself, trying to wake the woman and the girl up."


Female Human Ranger 2D10

"Hold it - somebody help me pull this thing onto shore and flip it over, unless you want it to drift away in the next tide." Sasha demanded from the rear of the party, indicating the longboat.


Male Human Aegis 1

"Not a problem, Sasha."

I shall help her with the longboat.


Male Human Rogue 2D8

Ishirou caught first sight of the black-furred catperson. "What is THAT?" he bellowed, one hand going to his Tian-styled sword. He has had enough surprises for one day.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"That is Ashana she was on the ship and helped us out while we were on the ship." Adriano heads to the long boat to help Phillip and Sasha.


Male Human Rogue 2D8

"B-But, is neko!" Ishirou protested, slipping back into his native Tien in shock. Then he spotted the Jenivere ship's cat trotting up from behind the party. "And another neko! Too many! Where both come from?" the man sputtered. It's been a long day for the middle-aged mercenary.

(Edit: Using Japanese instead of Chinese. In Mandarin Chinese, it would be "māo" (rhymes with "cow") in a flat high tone.)


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"What is a neko?"


Male Human Rogue 2D8

"Neko - cat!" the mercenary said, pointing at the ship's cat. "Big neko - cat-person!" Ishirou accused, pointing at Ashana. (His brain's about ready to pop, this is too much for him.)


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

damn damn damn of all the times to meta-game...I know exactly what he called her but I can't say anything...and she would give him a ear full to.

Ashana's ears droop once more as Ishirou reacts to her presents and she makes her way into the camp and then off into the jungle a little ways to be by herself.

No worries she just needs to develop a tougher skin


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

"I am sorry I don't understand what is the issue with the cat or Ashana. I think we should get all this stuff back to camp then you can explain why they are a reason rot get excited about. " Adriano looks at Ashana and shrugs looking at Ishirou and wait for him to reply.


Male Human Rogue 2D8

Ishirou throws up his hands in defeat. "Shipwreck instead of port, so cat instead of person! Too much for one day! Let me show you to the camp, so that we can at least stop the madness for today." He appears to recover enough to not be shocked anymore, at least.

With the drama completed, Sasha and Phillip are also done securing the boat on the beach. It's high enough so that the tide cannot claim it, with driftwood and rocks around it as well.


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

At the camp the blond-haired gnome makes a redundant statement.

"I think I just saw a large cat on two legs go by. There was no alarm, so - Ishirou, there you are - I see you've all returned." Gelik saw the ship's cat start to nose around the camp. "Well, that's a relief - I thought she had grown! And I was wondering if we had mice big enough!" the gnome laughed at his own joke.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

After collecting herself Ashana will make her way back to the group. She then takes a seat next to the gnome. Hey I'm Ashana, whats your name? she says reaching out her hand to him.


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

Gelik looks at the furred person. "Well, if you're an example of what's on this island, then we have an adventure to come!" he managed to say, returning the handshake but checking his hand for claw marks afterwards. "Gelik Aberwhinge, my dear feline, Pathfinder of rare and expensive items from long ago, as well as writer of theater." He gave the cat-person a long appraisal. "But I'm not sure how to include a cat-girl into my next comedy. Can you juggle?" he asked.


Female Human Ranger 2D10

"Oh, lay off it, Gelik." Sasha said, bringing up the rear of the party to the campsite in the jungle. She wrung a few drops out of her still-wet hair. "She was on the ship, she must have been a stowaway. Not surprising, really. But she helped us get the equipment back and she's here to stay." The redhead laid down her package of equipment from the Jenivere on the sandy loam. "Just ignore him." Sasha directed Ashana. "We usually do."


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

"Now see here, you large excuse for anti-piracy laws and shore guardsmen." Gelik shot back, standing up. "As the only person..." his eyes shifted to include the new cat-girl, "...here with any true adventuring experience, as in Absalom itself, my opinion counts as much as-"


Female Half-Elf Fighter 2D10

"Nothing matters but my headache!" shouted the half-elf, emerging from a makeshift tent on one side of the campsite. Holding her head in one hand, Aerys saw the pile of equipment being made on the other side of the low firepit. She stumbled to the loot, dropping to her knees and rummaging through the pile. "There's got to be some rum, some wine, anything." she mumbled.


Male Human Cleric 2D8

"I don't want to be a bother, but I have to ask: did you find the Captain's keys?" the middle-aged man asked the group returning from the Jenivere, his face hopeful.


Male Human Aegis 1

"As a matter of fact, Jask, Adriano found some keys."

"If anyone has anything broken, bring it to me. I can fix most things, and quickly, too."


Male Human Cleric 2D8

Jask turned towards Adriano expectantly.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

Adriano holds up the keys and tosses them to Jask "Here you go Jask sorry for the delay, I also found a trunk that might be all your equipment." Adriano hauls the trunk to where Jask is standing and sets it down in front of him.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Ashana sighs and looks at Adriano Firstly, why are we setting the man free. If he's bound there must be a reason...and secondly how do you expect him to unbind himself with his hands like that?


Male Human Aegis 1

This man is more help to us unbound than bound. If we're going to survive, we're all going to need to work together.


Female Half-Elf Fighter 2D10

(Since I don't recall anyone anyone making special considerations about any of the found equipment, save for the First Mate's stuff...)

Aeyrs finds the Captain's bottle of brandy in the pile of equipment, and, with little celebration, upends the opened bottle, downing almost a fourth of the brandy in one gulp. With a satisfied sigh, the half-elf retreated to her makeshift females' tent, cradling the bottle to her chest.


Male Human Aegis 1

I hope she realizes that when we're out, we're out. Ah well, she'll have to deal with it eventually.

301 to 350 of 974 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM_Pace's Serpent Skull IC (Psionics / 3rd party friendly) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.