Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM_Pace's Serpent's Skull

Game Master jhpace1

Another Serpent's Skull, but with psionics and 3rd party material. Uses the Pathfinder Reference Document online as well as the Open Gaming License


751 to 800 of 974 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Human Gamemaster

Sasha = 15
Phillip = 9 (higher dex)
Ashana = 8
Adriano = 7

DM rolls, nothing to see here:

Venomous Snake Swarm initiative = 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

(I took the liberty of putting Ashana on the map, just in case she missed it.)

Surprise Round
The snakes slither and crawl over each other in a furious mass, several showing fangs in the flash-light of the thunderstorm. The boiling tangle flows over the closest person, Phillip, covering his legs even as the man manifests his particular talent of coating himself in ectoplasm. The snakes bite Phillip's legs from several angles.

Swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 (And I'll need a Fort save from Phillip)

Round One
Amid the thunder and lightning, the disturbed snakes continued to defend their nest, attacking Phillip again.

Swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 (Continue the Fort saves, once per round)

(Sasha up first, then Phillip's already-rolled move, then Ashana and Adriano.)


Male Human Aegis 1

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

5/12HP


Female Human Ranger 2D10

"Aaahh!" the redhead fairly screamed, drawing her masterwork rapier and curved kukuri, attacking the serpents with both weapons.

Masterwork Rapier attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 (Confirm.) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 (Not confirmed.) Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Kukuri attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Her blades sliced at the snakes on Phillip, cutting a few.

"They've got fangs - they're poisonous!" Sasha declared to the others.


Male Human Gamemaster

Phillip added his own rapier to Sasha's, cutting one serpent in half at mid-strike.

(Ashana's up!)


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Ashana screams as the snake swarm appraoches "SNAKES!!!!!" She moves to H-6, drawing a dagger as part of her move and tries to stab at the swarm.

Knife attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

Ok so Adriano Hoping this will work calls upon Sarenrae and the power of fire and casts burning hands (Starting on 5g send it15ft into the cave that way then all along the 5e&f avoiding the party)
1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Human Gamemaster

Venomous Snake Swarm = 17
Sasha = 15
Phillip = 9
Ashana = 8
Adriano = 7

DM stuff:

37-5-4-8-6-1=13

Map of the cave in the rain

There's plenty of snakes to go around, as everyone's steel finds reptile after reptile to attack. The venomous snake swarm continued to swarm over Phillip, now wrapping their multiple coils around his legs, going ever upwards. The large mass of snakes had individuals sliced, stabbed, and cut, but there were quite a few jungle killers.

Adriano's magical fire alights the refuse in the cave, giving everyone a few seconds to look around, compared to the instantaneous lightning flashes. The cave you are in has rock to all three sides, with several plant roots dangling from the ceiling. Everyone can smell the stench of old snake skins and regurgitated snake meals. Adriano setting the garbage afire didn't improve the smell.

Thunder crashed outside, the rain still continuing.

Round Two

The snakes, not liking all the steel attacking them, moved from Phillip to Ashana (Five foot move of a 10-foot creature, no AOOs). The movement had a few leaving the swarm to hiss at Adriano, their serpentine bodies swaying as the reptiles follow the cleric's hand and arm movements from his spell. Their long fangs glinted in the fire-and-lightning. (Phillip, you successfully shook off the poison but you are still distracted by all the slithering. Roll a Fort save for distraction.)

The swarm attacked the cat woman for 1d6 ⇒ 1 points of damage. (With a Fort save this round and the next, or I'll tell you to keep going.)


Female Human Ranger 2D10

"Can't trust tiny heads. Poison is cheating, when it's one of my friends!" Sasha muttered, regaining her composure, looking more maniacal. The woman attacked with both weapons again.

Masterwork Rapier attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 (Crit threat.) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (Not confirmed.) Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Kukuri attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The redhead did what she could, whittling down the swarm one by one.


Male Human Aegis 1

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Crit Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Don't worry, Sasha, I'll confirm mine to make up for yours. :P

Keep it up, guys!

fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Sorry, I didn't see the Fort save necessary.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Ashana cries out as the snakes bite her and she lets out a feril sounding hiss and growl as she swipes at the swarm with her dagger and one set of her claws.

Dagger Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Claw Attack:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Dagger Damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Claw Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Fort save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

Adriano seeing the snakes strike and now smelling the waste that had been heated. Decides it might be best it he attacks with his blade.

Scimitar 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Human Gamemaster

Venomous Snake Swarm = 17
Sasha = 15
Phillip = 9
Ashana = 8
Adriano = 7

DM stuff:

13-3-2-6-6-7=small "eehh" sound, like in the video games

Map of the cave in the rain

The four of you manage to chop, slice, and dice the snakes until the entire swarm is nothing more than bloody pieces on the muddy ground. Phillip and Ashana also didn't take any damage from the venom, either. The cave is now cleared of its former inhabitants. (A Level 4 attack was still not enough of a challenge for you guys?)

The rain comes to a sudden stop, and a cool breeze rushes through the jungle, including the wide cave you are in. After a few minutes the sunlight brightens the wet jungle outside, and the birds start chirping and squawking again.

Looking outside, the former rivers of rain runoff have begun to shrink, making the ground only soggy, instead of treacherous.

(So what do you do now?)


Male Human Aegis 1

Well, that was unpleasant.

Does the rain immediately stop, or is it after some time?


Male Human Gamemaster

(Immediately, as soon as all the action is over with.)


Female Human Ranger 2D10

Still breathing hard, the redhead checked the egg in the sack on her hip, then Adriano, Phillip, and Ashana. "Snakes are easier than bugs." she quipped back to Phillip.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

Adriano looks outside at the mud " I think we should stay here for a bit and see if the sun drys any of the ground before we get going.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

"Glad thats over with...and I for one would like to get out of the smelly cave before something else comes out and surprises ups."


Male Human Aegis 1

"You've got a point, Sasha. Well, I'm ready to go whenever everybody else is."

That was a CR4 encounter? Jeez.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

CR4 Nice, We bad!!!

"If I am out voted then let's go quick while it is still light.


Male Human Gamemaster

(Some very good rolls that battle, nearly all of them over 15, especially the poison Fort saves. If anybody wants the snake meat, make a Survival DC 15 skill check. Otherwise...)

(Didn't some people have heat exhaustion subdual damage from earlier? Maybe I was too lenient on that swarm damage.)

After a few minutes you venture out from the snake cave, a cool breeze adding to the bright sunlight. Making your way around the hill, on the other side several familiar jungle trees indicate you are only a few hundred yards from your campsite.

The four of you hack-and-slash your way through the thick underbrush, making it down to the forest floor again from the hill. It is getting late, perhaps four o'clock or four-thirty in the afternoon by the time you push your way through the thick jungle to your campsite area.

Varash Ironskull meets you on the northeastern side of the campsite. He is carrying a burlap sack full of mushrooms and dirt-crusted tubers.


"Well met." the half-orc greeted the explorers. "I was about to head back myself, if the afternoon rainstorm had not stopped me." The man nodded his head towards the hill all of you just left. "Shevan warned me this morning he saw snakes in the trees on the hill yesterday. Possibly poisonous ones." Varash looked at Sasha's muddy leggings and unkempt hair. "Did you run all the way back?" he asked.


Female Human Ranger 2D10

"We can tell you all about it after I get this egg wrapped up, maybe near the firepit." Sasha said back, swatting a large fly that tried to land on her forearm. "Then a bath in the sea. Maybe some new clothes."


Male Human Aegis 1

Yeah, I know I've got some subdual. I'm at 5 hp, with 3 nonlethal. Phillip's looking a little ragged at the moment.

I think we may have found them. In any case, all I want to do is cool off right now, and get cleaned soon after. It's been a tiring day.

Unconsciously, Phillip begins salivating at the sight of the mushrooms.

Those are all good to eat, then? Excellent.


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

Adriano looks at his friends that have been wounded by the events of the day and calls forth Sarenrae's healing energy.

Channel Positive Energy on Phillip, Sasha, Ashana and himself and anyone else that is wounded. Rays of sun shine on those healed

1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Human Aegis 1

So, 9/12. Much better.

"Thanks, Adriano. That feels much better," the blonde says as he rubs his shoulder.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Back at full health..excellent

Ashana makes her way into camp pushing past the rest of her comrades as they stop to talk to Varash. She's hot, tired, and wet and just wants to get off her throbbing feet. She takes a seat by a log near the fire.


The archer paladin greeted the explorer party. "I've been making stake traps all day." he told the four. "As well as working with our Tian friend." Shevan's eyes shift to the other side of the camp, nodding where the trail to the beach began. "He likes to watch the horizon for ships for some reason."

The ravenhaired warrior took Adriano aside.

For Adriano only!:

Shevan says "Ishirou is almost as bad off as the drunk - he puts up a good front, but his hands shake when he thinks no one is looking. Maybe you could help cheer him up? You've spent more time with him, I've been hunting or trap making all this time."


Male Human Gamemaster

Around the camp the others appear to be working hard to either get food or repair what equipment they have. Jask Derindi and Gelik Aberwhinge are tending to the fishing net, with several fish on sticks around the firepit. Varash Ironskull has been gathering food, Shevan Risa and Ishirou have been guarding the camp, and a weary Aerys Mavato is keeping bugs out of the tents and equipment.

GM rolls:

fishing Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 1 person for 8 hours = 8 meals
vegetable gathering Knowledge: Nature 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 4 meals of mushrooms and tubers

for those keeping track of the food:

add:
8 meals of smoked, cured fish
4 meals of mushrooms and tubers
subtract:
1 meal each for Aeyrs, Gelik, Ishirou, Jask, Noel & girl, and Shevan = 7
Varash Ironskull was on hunt and provided for himself.


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

Gelik was quick to notice the adventurers returning. He jumped up from where he was repairing the net with the cleric, skipping over to where Varash was lowering his sack of mushrooms and roots. "Ah, mushrooms. Not the poisonous type, I hope!" he asked the half-orc. "I think I might remember a good sauteed mushroom recipe from Magimar, but we have no saucepan! Hmm...let me think, let me think." the gnome muttered, one hand on his goatee.

Turning to the others, Gelik saw the large burlap sack the redhead Human was carrying. "Or an omlette! Alas, saucepan, I remember thee fondly." the little blonde man joked.


Female Human Ranger 2D10

Sasha moved to where the firepit was crackling, lowering the sack. "We got an egg - my egg! It feels heavy, and it just needs to stay warm until it hatches. You try to crack it and I'll make an omelet out of you." she threatened.


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

"Another mouth to feed." Gelik said under his breath, looking away. He caught Phillip's eye. "So!" Gelik asked. "Find anything interesting that can help us on this island? Or was it a fool's-, er, just a walk in the jungle?" The gnome changed his tone when Sasha turned to glare at him in mid-sentence.


Male Human Cleric 2D8

The middle-aged cleric greeted Ashana when she sat down nearby. "You look wet - does rain bother you, with all that, uh, fur?" Jask asked, a tad nervous at the catwoman's potential response. His hands started to roll up the fishing net in front of him.


Burlap Bag of Holding 3

OM NOM NOM. Food's taken care of. Will post as Phillip soon.


Male Human Aegis 1

Phillip surveys the camp, before cracking his back loudly.

Unfortunately, we didn't really find much. There's a small islet off the coast, but there wasn't anything useful that I could find. You guys can bring over anything else that's busted up, and I'll get to it in a bit, if you want.

Phillip sits by the fire as well, inspecting his weapons for any wear, and begins cleaning/fixing them.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

She sighs and looks at the older cleric. "It does...but with the heat of the day it feels good. More troubled by being trapped here...and the fact that we killed two defenseless birds today for that egg and we can't even eat it...an large omelet does sound good."


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

He nods a Shevan keeping that in mind so to deal with thing a little bit later.

Adriano then walks up behind Phillip and mumbles a pray of healing to cure the rest of his wounds.

Cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Adriano then turns to address the group "though we did not find anything but the birds and the egg which means that part of the island is probably safe so, we can start heading south tomorrow." he then looks around at the group "I wish we were safely in a port so we could all be on our way to where we needed to be. But the gods had a different plan for us I do not claim to know what that reason is. But I would like to help everyone's time here pass with ease, so let me know if while we are out on the island searching if there is something we can get for you. he will wait for responses hopefully none that he said is taken poorly.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Human Aegis 1

Perfect, Adriano.

Thank you very much, Adriano. I'm in tip-top shape, now. And Adriano's correct. If you'd like anything specific that wouldn't necessarily be on the "Survival top 10", ask, and if we find some, we'll be sure to at least try to bring it back.


Female Human Ranger 2D10

"I heard that." Sasha told Ashana. The woman finished with the makeshift nest near the firepit, the large egg prominently surrounded by twigs, grass, and heated rocks. "I can feel the chick inside the shell - it's too late to eat." (Handle Animal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11) "I can't be sure, but it could hatch in another day or two." she mused. Sasha looked up, happy again. "Nothing now but to wait!" the redhead said enthusiastically.

"Now for a wash." Sasha told everyone. She went to her tent, removing her equipment and armor. Sasha went by Gelik on her way east, following the trail to the beach. "Gelik," the redhead called out, "anybody touches that egg, and I'll cut your beard off with my rapier!". The threat was made in the same tone as one of the gnome's many jokes.


Male Human Aegis 1

A few minutes later, Phillip gets up, saying, I need to wash as well. Phillip places his armor and equipment in his hammock, except for his rapier, and proceeds to leave towards the beach. If asked regarding the rapier, he replies, "These jungles can be dangerous, and I don't know if you remember, but the beach can as well."


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

"I am not a babysitter!" Gelik sputtered. He turned back to Adriano, scandalized. "What does she expect me to do, sit on it?" he asked. Shaking his head, Gelik told the cleric, "Hm. Well, if the north is uninhabited, save for that trapped ship, then perhaps going south tomorrow won't be as bad as I thought. In any case, Ishirou and now Shevan have spent quite some time putting traps all around us, so I would be loathe to move the camp right now. Unless it was to a more defensible area, like a hill."

Gelik looked around. "Ach, I can read a map - but have yet to be forced to draw my own! Still, as this group's only official Pathfinder, I must be flexible. I shall see what I can do with your reports and parchment and ink tonight."


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

Just to see what would happen Ashana gets up and knocks the egg on its side out of the nest when Gelik wasn't looking. She had never seen a gnome with out a beard, and while she was pretty sure that Sasha was kidding she wanted to find out.


Male Human Cleric 2D8

"Now, now." Jask admonished the black-furred cat girl. "Best to let sleeping eggs lie." He smiled at the weak joke. "I'm not sure if you realize it yet, but if Sasha stays behind to hatch this egg, you'll be one short tomorrow."


Male Gnome Bard 2D8

"Hm! Yes!" Gelik added, looking at Ashana, Adriano, and Phillip. "Only three of you. I will have to decide who goes with you tomorrow. No sense in drawing straws - this is a leader's decision." the gnome declared.


Male Human Aegis 1
Phillip Conti wrote:
A few minutes later, Phillip gets up, saying, I need to wash as well. Phillip places his armor and equipment in his hammock, except for his rapier, and proceeds to leave towards the beach. If asked regarding the rapier, he replies, "These jungles can be dangerous, and I don't know if you remember, but the beach can as well."

Just making sure this wasn't missed. Also, people are posting again in Fait Accompli, GMP.


Male Human Gamemaster

(Phillip, Ashana, and Sasha are playing at the beach, then.)

(If no one has any specific roleplaying with the NPCs, I can forward things to the morning.)


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

@GM:
Adriano heads to Ishirou when the others head to the beach hoping no one else is in ear shot. "I was wondering whether or not there was anything bothering you or something I might be able to help you with, it is a tough situation, and I might be hard to deal with." Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Aegis 1

I'm good with going to the morning.


Female Catfolk Rogue(Scout/Knife master) 1

as am I


Male Human Rogue 2D8

for Adriano only:

The taciturn Tian looks back from his view of the beach, shaded by the jungle treeline where Ishirou was standing. In a gruff voice, he replied "It is unexpected here on the island, cleric. I am a mercenary, a sailor. We have been luckier than most, no? But I cannot shake this feeling of dread for us." The man sighed, crossing his arms. "We are all still alive. Maybe in the morning I will feel better."

(Your Diplomacy is not enough to change Ishirou, but at least you didn't roll a "1".)


Male Half-Elf (Varisian) Cleric of Sarenrae 1

GM:
understood will try again in the morning

Adriano looks at the mercenary "I would like to talk to you in the morning to see if the feeling of dread is still there. Adriano bows to the mercenary "If you need any thing please let me know"

all set to proceed when this it over

751 to 800 of 974 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM_Pace's Serpent Skull IC (Psionics / 3rd party friendly) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.