Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM PDK's PFS RPG Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master Purple Dragon Knight

COMBAT MAPS!!!
Area Map
Town Map
Trails
NPCs

Init Rolls:

[dice=Spark]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Alezandaru]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Aroden]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Bram]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Findlefarb]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Konner]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Brother Antonidas]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=###]1d20+00[/dice]
[dice=???]1d20+00[/dice]


351 to 400 of 591 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

BOTTING: Alezandaru delays.

The shadow lashes at Konner.

incorporeal touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 for 1d6 ⇒ 3 Strength damage. [MISS!]

Round 3 (Bold may go)
Shadow
Alezandaru
Konner
Findlefarb
Spark
Bram
Aroden
Brother Antonidas

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

"Konner, attack and step aside, that I may smite it!"

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)1, HP 12/12; AC 18, T 14, FF 14, F +1, R +6; W +2, Init. +6; Perception +5

Konner takes his second vial of blessed water and tosses it at the creature, then steps aside to let Aroden at it. toss: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d6 ⇒ 4

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

Foresight 2/7: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Not using that one.
Aroden moves up and dumps his vial of holy water on the shadow. This is a ranged touch attack that does not provoke.
Ranged Touch, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
damage: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 = 7
"Feel the power of my Inheritor!"
Konner's two vials should each do at least 2 splash damage since holy water is 2d4.


The shadow dissipates into wisps of dark mist. The way is clear but smoke is still billowing out of this room due to the burning debris in the middle. What do you do?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Ranger (beast master, nirmathi irregular) 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16, T13, F13 | CMD 16 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6/+8 |

Antonidas stands around awkwardly, his left hand glowing with a soft yellow light. "Is everyone ok? Does anyone need healing? I'm... I'm not quite sure what to do about this" he stammers out as he wiggles his glowing fingers.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

"Konner was sprayed by the beetle, he might benefit from healing.
Spark, can you endure flames like many of your kin? Perhaps if you go in there and scatter or separate the burning items, the fire will die out."

Liberty's Edge

HP 20/20; AC (16/t11/ff15); f 5, r 1, w 0; bab 2, melee 4, ranged 3; cmb 4, cmd 15; init +1; speed 30; bloodrage 11/11, wand clw 48 | Ifrit bloodrager / 2 | -19
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, handle animal 7, intim 8, know arcana 5, perc 5, spellcraft 5, swim 6

Spark goes to the fire and tries to put it out, scattering wood (or whatever else might be burning), and stomping out what she can.


Spark puts out the fire after a few minutes of work. After 10 more minutes, the smoke finally escapes from a small chimney in the ceiling.

Although much of the gear in this chamber has smoldered to a crisp, there are two things that are still of value here: a scorched iron key and a +1 dagger stashed away in a pack of burnt out gear.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

"This dagger would be useful if there are any other shadows in this crypt. One of our warriors should take it.
I think I see stairs descending due west of here. But perhaps we should explore more of this level first."

Liberty's Edge

HP 20/20; AC (16/t11/ff15); f 5, r 1, w 0; bab 2, melee 4, ranged 3; cmb 4, cmd 15; init +1; speed 30; bloodrage 11/11, wand clw 48 | Ifrit bloodrager / 2 | -19
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, handle animal 7, intim 8, know arcana 5, perc 5, spellcraft 5, swim 6

Spark shrugs, takes the offered dagger. "Thanks... useful, perhaps... "

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

Aroden moves to the the other branch of the passage where we met Roldare.
"Shall we explore here?"


The first passage you skipped turns out to lead to a one-way door that is locked. It's design is such that it cannot be operated from this side. Heading back to the bombardier beetle room, you go down some stairs to a short passage which leads to rising stairs on the other side (i.e. you go downstairs, walk a few feet, then go upstairs again)

One half of this lo!y chamber has a lowered floor, with stairs
on either side to reach the bottom. Standing opposite the door
is a tall wooden statue of Kassen grasping a gigantic wooden
shield in each hand. One of the shields is inscribed with the
word “home,” while the other reads “family.”

-->Knowledge Arcana please.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
"I am not certain about this... A hazy memory... Findlefarb, what do you know of this?"


BOTTING FINDLEFARB: Bardic Knowledge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male Human Vigilante (Avenger) 1; Init+5; Perception +5; AC 17, Flat-Footed 14, Touch 13 (+3 dex); HP 12/12; Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 3

While the others search their memories, Greenblade searches the physical area for traps or other things of interest.

Searching - take 20 within a reasonable amount of time? Value will be 25 if yes
stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Alezandaru: you find nothing of note upstairs. Do you wish to go downstairs to inspect the large wooden statue?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Vigilante (Avenger) 1; Init+5; Perception +5; AC 17, Flat-Footed 14, Touch 13 (+3 dex); HP 12/12; Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 3

Alezandaru would prefer to advance with the party, thinking about how he was nearly caught out with the Shadow.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

Aroden will cast Detect Magic and examine the statue.


The statue glows magical but not the two tower shields it holds.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

Concentrating to determine the school of a spell effect (Arcana) or properties of a magic item (Spellcraft).
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15, +3 more if Knowledge (Arcana)
"It appears these shields are not part of the statue, since it is magical but they are not."
Away for now -- bot as needed.


Aroden can't figure out this complex aura; this statue seems to have been enchanted by a fairly high level caster.


Door to the north (same level as you are) and door to the south (you must go downstairs to reach it)

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

Aroden walks around the room, examining the statue and any other things he sees.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Knowledge Arcana please.
Aroden: you think the stairs are rigged somehow. And you think that statue is a weak construct of some kind, perhaps a failed or cheap wood golem, although it does not seem to be active now.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

A second check? Think Findlefarb was the only other one with the skill, and he seems to have disappeared.
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
"Are any of you familiar with trap mechanisms? I would check the stairs."
The questionable God of Humanity points out what he has observed.


Alezandaru checks the door to the north and opens it:

This long corridor is flanked by a row of human statues, set
into alcoves on each side. The statues look like Kassen, and
each one holds a longsword out in front of it. The blades of
roughly half the statues (the northern half) are wrapped in leather padding.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

Aroden will examine these statues carefully.
Are they also constructs?
Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


no it looks like an obvious trap that's been half nerfed by the townsfolk... the 4 northern statues have nerf bats and 4 southern ones still have sharpish blades...

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)1, HP 12/12; AC 18, T 14, FF 14, F +1, R +6; W +2, Init. +6; Perception +5

That's interesting....we shoukd be careful...no telling what will set it off....


Based on the layout it seems like you could just go back through the first room and hang a left, instead of navigating the traps.

In the center of this room is a large pool of clear water, fed by
a fountain on the wall above it. The fountain has a stone statue
of a weeping maiden holding the slain body of Kassen, but his
head has been broken off and is nowhere to be seen. A voice
booms out from the darkness, saying, “Magic is the key.” The
voice slowly fades, leaving a dreadful silence.

Liberty's Edge

HP 20/20; AC (16/t11/ff15); f 5, r 1, w 0; bab 2, melee 4, ranged 3; cmb 4, cmd 15; init +1; speed 30; bloodrage 11/11, wand clw 48 | Ifrit bloodrager / 2 | -19
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, handle animal 7, intim 8, know arcana 5, perc 5, spellcraft 5, swim 6

"What does that mean exactly? Key to what?"

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

Aroden examines the scorched iron key from the Shadow's room with Detect Magic .


That one is nonmagical, but your detect magic spell pings towards the pool.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

Aroden walks over to the pool and looks in, with Detect Magic active.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)1, HP 12/12; AC 18, T 14, FF 14, F +1, R +6; W +2, Init. +6; Perception +5

What do you see? Anytjing?Konner asks, wondering what the wizard is doing.


After 18 seconds or so, your magical sight detects a diminutive object glowing with magic at the bottom of the pool. Only your superimposed magical sight can see this. Your regular human sight only see the first 10 or 15 feet depth of this pool, but your superimposed magic sight indicate the magical glowing thingy is about 40 feet down...

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

"Bran, Spark, can your eyes spot anything at the bottom of this well? I sense something magical there."
Aroden can also tie a rope and swim down, using his sword for light and Detect Magic to identify the object. But first maybe better to have a look.


Their eyes can't pierce the murky water. Someone needs to go for a swim.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 | HP 21/25 (4 NL) | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | Saves: F: +5 R: +2 W: +2 | CMD: 17 | Init: +2 Percep: +6 | SM: +1

"Well, I'm not a bad swimmer, once I'm outta me armor. But mebbe someone else is truly practiced at it?"

I have a single rank in Swim. Without my armor I'd be sitting at a +7, so i'm willing to try.


Once he gets to the bottom, holding his breath, Bram realizes there are piles of keys at the bottom of the pool! All seemingly identical. He returns to the surface to report his findings.

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

"Thank you, Bram. I believe one of the keys is magical. I could ask you to bring them all up that I might examine them, but there is an easier way."
Aroden ties a rope to his waist.
"Two quick jerks means pull me up."
He's not a great swimmer (+1), but at least he's not feeble like so many wizards these days.

He will use his sword for light and Detect Magic to identify the magical key.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)1, HP 12/12; AC 18, T 14, FF 14, F +1, R +6; W +2, Init. +6; Perception +5

Two tugs...pull you up...right. Be careful... Konner grabs the rope as Aroden slips back into the water.


With his magical sight and light spell, Aroden quickly finds the magical key. Two tugs, and he is up.

There is nothing else in this room.

Where do you go now?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Vigilante (Avenger) 1; Init+5; Perception +5; AC 17, Flat-Footed 14, Touch 13 (+3 dex); HP 12/12; Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 3

"There is still this door that we haven't opened."

Alezandaru checks if the door is locked, and if he can hear anything on the other side.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Door locked, but you have two keys now. One magical, and one mundane.


Using the nonmagical key found in area 5, Alezandaru opens the door to area 7. You all see this:

A small stone bench sits in the center of this dusty chamber.
On the far wall is a faded mural depicting the hero Kassen
defeating the mercenaries at the entrance to this crypt, with
his blade piercing the chest of the mercenary leader. These
figures stand alone in the center of a scene of carnage, with
dead villagers and mercenaries all around them.

Perception DC 15:
both Kassen and the mercenary leader are wearing golden necklaces, each made up of a simple golden chain, from which hangs an oddly shaped medallion. While not identical, the amulets look similar

A passage leads south with a door at the end.

What do you do?

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)1, HP 12/12; AC 18, T 14, FF 14, F +1, R +6; W +2, Init. +6; Perception +5

perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Liberty's Edge

HP 20/20; AC (16/t11/ff15); f 5, r 1, w 0; bab 2, melee 4, ranged 3; cmb 4, cmd 15; init +1; speed 30; bloodrage 11/11, wand clw 48 | Ifrit bloodrager / 2 | -19
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, handle animal 7, intim 8, know arcana 5, perc 5, spellcraft 5, swim 6

perc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Spark points out the similar amulets on the mural. "anyone know what that might mean?"

Scarab Sages

M Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC12 T12 FF10 | F+3/R+3/W+3 | Per +7 | Init +2 | Reservoir 4/6 | Foresight 7/7

"Perhaps Kassen and the mercenary leader had some relationship? Like kinsmen, or members of the same group once, so they both had similar amulets?
We should look for such amulets as we continue."

351 to 400 of 591 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GAMEPLAY Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.