GM Otha's Evergreen Trilogy I (Inactive)

Game Master Otha

Handouts

Maps

This will be a run of the following three scenarios in the order below:

The Confirmation (Completed)
Master of the Fallen Fortress (Completed)
The Consortium Compact (Completed)


651 to 700 of 871 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"What about this door here."

Rykaar points to the door facing southeast in the room they fought the giant frog.

"There must be a way to access the half section of the tower in the lower floor from here somewhere..."

He looks around the pooled water puddles to see if it seeps down to the lower floors or is completely stagnant.

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

The pooled water is mostly stagnant...with the recent earthquake though, the structure does have cracks here and there that allow the water to seep down...

Opening the southeast door, you come to a small landing that is basically the remains of the 4th floor's eastern wing, as most has collapsed below. Looking up you see that the 5th floor's eastern wing is intact. Your only option from the landing, other than returning inside, would be to climb down. You find nothing of value here...

Grand Lodge

Male Human Evoker (2) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 12/14 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 3/5 Force Missile 5/7 |

Personally lets clear the floors above us before we attempt to climb down figure we can use a rope to get down easier but wouldn't want an enemy to be able to trap us.

The Exchange

Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

”Agreed. Let’s head up then.”

Rykaar ready to move up.

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 1| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+3 W:+7 | Init:+1 | Perception: +10, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 1/2, Blessings: 1/3 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves)

Grey puts away his rope and follows the lead of the smarter group members.

"Still waiting on that shaman."

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T 11, FF 14) | CMB: +4* CMD: 15* | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init +2 | Perc +8*, SM +2, Diplomacy +4*, Intimidate +2* | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Mental Focus: Conj 1/1, Div 2/2, Trans 4/4 | Total CLW Charges Used: 0 |Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str), Third Eye (+1 Perc)

"And look at the detail on the wings!" Lovissa exclaims, eyeing the statuette. "Oh, hmm? Are we going now? Oh! Of course! Yes! Onward to glory!"

Lovissa puts the idol away, draws her sword and moves to follow the others.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Evoker (2) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 12/14 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 3/5 Force Missile 5/7 |

Pulls Rykaar and Grey aside and whispers to them.

If Balenar has not healed yet I want one of you to take that scroll of healing back and use it on him. I expect we are about to fight that shaman before we leave this tower and I do not want him dying on our watch after we found him alive.

After saying this he pulls everyone else in for a brief strategy session.

When we run into the shaman I want Lovissa, Grey, and Rykaar to focus on the guards if they can't rush the shaman; either way Rei and I will be sitting back watching the shaman. If he attempts to cast any spells I want to hit him with two in return and hopefully break his concentration before he completes them. If anyone has a better idea though let me know.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

"W-what do you want. Me. To do?" Todd asked while raising his hand.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Evoker (2) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 12/14 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 3/5 Force Missile 5/7 |

If you can sneak around and get the jump on the shaman that would be best, but if not keep any guards from interfering with Rei and I unless you are able to flank/finish one of the guards the rest are fighting.

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Balenar takes the potion of CLW given him by Cerryl and is now at full strength...

The party heads up the stairs, with the stairwell ending at the fifth floor, now with a door, but directly up onto the floor...

The four wings of the tower are completely open on this level, forming one great, cross-shaped chamber with arched ceilings. The decayed remnants of a carpet run from the doorways at the end of each wing, meeting in the center, where a spiral staircase drops out of sight below. A large, throne-like chair stands in the middle of the eastern wing next to a big chest.

At the window, you see a large troglodyte, obviously the shaman Balenar spoke of, with a large albino crocodile by his side...he turns from the window, with a large smile, to see the party emerge into the chamber...you have the distinct notion that the battle below alerted him to your presence...

The large trog commands the crocodile to attack, then immediately casts a spell...and suddenly a huge mass of spiders appear before the Pathfinders...

Initiative:

Tasskar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Crocodile: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Cerryl: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Grey of Mut: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Lovissa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Rei Ulskadi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Todd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Rykaar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Rykaar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Balenar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Spider Swarm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Final Combat Map (Slide 6)

COMBAT! The bold may post!

Troglodyte Shaman
Rykaar
UlSkadi
Todd

Spider Swarm
Crocodile
Lovissa
Balenar
Cerryl
Grey

The Exchange

Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Rykaar rushes up towards the Shaman, and jumps onto the throne-like chair. Standing on the throne he attacks the troglodyte with his longspear.

"I swore an oath, and I WILL KEEP IT!!"

Triggering Vow to Self

Attack, longspear with reach: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 4 = 24
Damage, longspear: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Hopefully throne provides cover from crocodile. Also higher ground?

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Nice move, Rykaar...that's the only move you could've made to strike the shaman, melee wise any way...you will get some cover from the crocodile...

Sovereign Court

Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

Todd took stock of the situation. Flanking? Not really possible. But there was that swarm. With a nod of determination, the Grippli ran towards the throne and in throwing range of the swarm. Throwing his arm back, he aimed towards a spot in the swarm where Rykaar wouldn't be caught in the splash and let loose.

Acid Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Ruh roh?

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Rykaar makes a bold and daring move, leaping on the throne and plunging down with his spear, taking the shaman deep in the shoulder...

GM Stuff:
Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

...and deeply hurts the large trog...but it's resilient and maintains its concentration...

Todd moves forward and tosses an acid flask at the spider swarm...

Miss Direction: 1d8 ⇒ 3

...which misses but the splash damages the swarm...and unfortunately, Rykaar as well...

UlSkadi steps back and fires a ray of frost at the swarm...

Frost: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

...but alas her ray goes wide, missing the swarm completely...

The swarm then moves to its closest target...which happens to be Rykaar...

Swarm Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Rykaar, need two DC11 Fortitude saves; one for poison, one for distraction...

The crocodile protects its master by attacking the one who struck him...which happens to be Rykaar...

Croc Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

...but the arm of the chair thwarts its mighty bite...

Balenar goes into performance mode, singing boldly to inspire his newfound companions...

"Remember the exploits of the intrepid Flyndyngylyn, as he cut down many evil agents of the Aspis with his mighty longbow..."

Inspire Courage, +1 to attacks and damage

Final Combat Map (Slide 6)

COMBAT! The bold may post!

Troglodyte Shaman
Rykaar (-3)
UlSkadi
Todd
Spider Swarm (-2)
Crocodile
Lovissa
Balenar
Cerryl
Grey

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T 11, FF 14) | CMB: +4* CMD: 15* | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init +2 | Perc +8*, SM +2, Diplomacy +4*, Intimidate +2* | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Mental Focus: Conj 1/1, Div 2/2, Trans 4/4 | Total CLW Charges Used: 0 |Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str), Third Eye (+1 Perc)

Lovissa dashes into battle with a smile on her face and her sword raised high. "For glory!" she roars bravely, moving to engage the fierce-looking crocodile. "For Balenor!"

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Confirming the Critical: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19
Extra Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

"For RYKAAR!!!"

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 1| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+3 W:+7 | Init:+1 | Perception: +10, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 1/2, Blessings: 1/3 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves)

Grey growls as he stalks around to flank from the south. Circle around. Herd him into the rest of the pack

Double move.

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Argh...forgot to include Balenar's action in my previous post so I just edited it...Inspire Courage is active now (+1 to both attack and damage rolls)...I'll add the additional damage to your attack Lovissa on my next update...

Grand Lodge

Male Human Evoker (2) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 12/14 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 3/5 Force Missile 5/7 |

Going to take a small chance here, and since I move before Grey he should not get caught in the damage.

Cerryl drops his pack and moves into position against the south wall just outside the swarm and casts Burning hands at a diagonal to the right.

Burning Hands: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fortitude, Poison DC 11: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Fortitude, Distraction DC 11: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Inspired by Lovissa’s rallying cry and Balenor’s oratory he adds his voice:

”Die you stinking vermin, we are LEGENDS!!!”

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Rykaar, you are nauseated and may only take 1 move action this round...

Lovissa moves forward and slashes the crocodile deeply with her blade while Grey avoids the swarm and moves to engage the shaman...

Cerryl sends some flames the swarm's way and damages it, but not enough to disperse it...

The shaman draws its scimitar and retaliates at Rykaar...

Scimitar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

...catching the beleaguered half-Orc across the chest...

Final Combat Map (Slide 6)

COMBAT! The bold may post!

Troglodyte Shaman (-14)
Rykaar (-8, nauseated)
UlSkadi
Todd

Spider Swarm (-7)
Crocodile (-9)
Lovissa
Balenar
Cerryl
Grey

The Exchange

Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Wretched trog! DAMN swarm!!

Rykaar needs to retreat for a round or will be probably taken out of combat this round.

He takes a 5 foot step backwards.

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

GM Roll:
50% (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 67

Rykaar steps back out of the swarm, retching a bit as he does...

Final Combat Map (Slide 6)

COMBAT! The bold may post!

Troglodyte Shaman (-14)
Rykaar (-8, nauseated)
UlSkadi
Todd

Spider Swarm (-7)
Crocodile (-9)
Lovissa
Balenar
Cerryl

Sovereign Court

Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

Todd frowned and yelled out a quick apology to Rykaar. However, he only had the one bottle of acid, which put a damper on his ability to fight the swarm. Surveying the layout of the room and its combatants, he sees an opening.

Running and tumbling across the tiled floor, Todd slides passed the crocodile (tumble) and attempts to find a purchase directly behind the Shaman.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Suitably high so I think it makes it?

After one final roll, Todd hopefully makes it behind the Troglodyte and ends his movement with a stick and a point right into its tail.

Attack + Bard + Flank: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Confirming Rapier crit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (3) = 4
Crit damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

If Todd gets stopped by the crocodile, he'll instead direct his attack towards it.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Consortium Compact

Todd makes a dashing and daring move nimbly moving past the crocodile and landing behind the shaman, sticking his rapier into the trog's back and feeling the point go deep...

GM Rolls:
Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

...but the trog snarls and keeps on his feet...

UlSkadi tries another frost ray at the swarm...

Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

...and is on target this time, and the swarm disperses...

The crocodile defends its master, biting with its powerful jaws at the one whom just dealt the shaman a grievous blow...

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

...and follows up by whipping it's tail at Lovissa...

Tail Whip: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

...but while Todd can feel the heat of the croc's breath, its teeth fall just short of the Grippli...and Lovissa easily dodges the croc's tail...

Balenar continues his performance, raising the morale of his companions, "And don't forget the mighty Kiboko and Mvumbu the Wise and Beautiful, wading through the sewers to put an end to the evil beneath Augustana..."

Inspire Courage: +1 to attacks and damage (I added 1 to your damage roll, Todd)

Lovissa Only:
With your engineering background, something is nagging you in the back of your mind, but you can't quite put your finger on it...

Go back and read the post where you and the party first saw the tower...and then take a good look at the battle map...

Final Combat Map (Slide 6)

COMBAT! The bold may post!

Troglodyte Shaman (-22)
Rykaar (-8, nauseated)
UlSkadi
Todd
Crocodile (-9)
Lovissa
Balenar
Cerryl
Grey

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

Todd actually has -1 str, sadly enough. Doesn't get Dex to Damage until level 3, which would make him much better. Good lookin' out, though.

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Thanks Todd, I missed that...altered post to reflect correct damage on the shaman...

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 1| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+3 W:+7 | Init:+1 | Perception: +10, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 1/2, Blessings: 1/3 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves)

"No more hiding for you!" Grey yells as he attempts to tear into the shaman with his claws.

to hit; claw, flanking, bard: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 18
damage; claw, bard: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

to hit; claw, flanking, bard: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 19
damage; claw, bard: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male Human Evoker (2) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 12/14 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 3/5 Force Missile 5/7 |

Seeing the swarm disperse Cerryl delays slightly to see if the shaman goes down to Grey's attack before casting Force Missile.

Target will be the shaman if he is still standing if not then the croc is getting the force missile.

Force Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Female Occultist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T 11, FF 14) | CMB: +4* CMD: 15* | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init +2 | Perc +8*, SM +2, Diplomacy +4*, Intimidate +2* | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Mental Focus: Conj 1/1, Div 2/2, Trans 4/4 | Total CLW Charges Used: 0 |Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str), Third Eye (+1 Perc)

Lovissa swings her sword at the crocodile.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8

Confirming a Critical: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 15
Extra Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

But something's bothering her. Lovissa takes a look around, orienting herself. Suddenly it dawns on her. Beneath this floor where a lot of them are standing, is nothing but a large drop! The floors below this wing are all collapsed.

"Get back!" Lovissa suddenly shouts to her companions. "This wing of the tower's unstable!"

She steps backward carefully, and directs her attention to the east wing, worried over it's stability.

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Whatever she learns of importance she shouts to her companions.

If you rule she still has an action left, Lovissa draws a dagger.

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Lovissa's mighty stroke cleaves through the albino croc, leaving it lifeless on the floor...

Cerryl's force missile slams into the shaman, setting it up for the Witchwolf to finish it off...Grey's claws rend the large troglodyte from stem to stern, disemboweling the beast as its eyes glaze over and it drops to the floor...

Lovissa's keen engineering sense alerts her to shout out a warning to her companions, as she and Cerryl step away from the unstable wing just as the floor begins to creak loudly...the creaking slowly stops once they move toward the center of the room...

COMBAT is over! Pathfinders are victorious!

Sovereign Court

Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

"J-Job well d-done, friends," Todd says with a smile as he wipes troglodyte off of his rapier and looks to the motley crew of Pathfinders.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Evoker (2) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 12/14 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +4 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 3/5 Force Missile 5/7 |

Well fought everyone. Guess Todd your the lightest can you search the shaman and everyone else step back slowly.

After saying this Cerryl looks around the room moving slightly more into the center before casting Detect Magic again.

Eventually this will work and find something worthwhile with that spell.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T 11, FF 14) | CMB: +4* CMD: 15* | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init +2 | Perc +8*, SM +2, Diplomacy +4*, Intimidate +2* | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Mental Focus: Conj 1/1, Div 2/2, Trans 4/4 | Total CLW Charges Used: 0 |Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str), Third Eye (+1 Perc)

So worried is Lovissa over her dear companions, Todd and Grey, she pays no attention to the croc she practically beheaded with her blade.

"Come this way, carefully." she tells Grey and Todd as the floor below them creaks ominously. "Quickly. Before it collapses."

If she thinks it's sturdy enough to hold Todd as he loots the bodies, she will say so, otherwise she shakes her head no at Cerryl's suggestion, telling the others that the floor is no longer strong enough for that.

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 1| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+3 W:+7 | Init:+1 | Perception: +10, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 1/2, Blessings: 1/3 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves)

Eager to avoid falling 5 stories, Grey hustles back across the room after Lovissa's warning and the creaking of the floor.

Offering his rope to Todd, "Here, tie off." Grey attempts to help with the looting however he can.

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Upon searching the shaman, Todd finds a mastwork scimitar and a +1 Cloak of Resistance. In the chest, he finds a masterwork short sword, 15 cold iron shurikens, two flasks of acid, a potion of cat’s grace, a potion of lesser restoration, a wand of summon monster I (CL 3rd, 9 charges), an amethyst worth 100 gp, and 247 gp in assorted coins.

Balenar steps up. "Well fought...we should depart this tower before it collapses and return to the Grand Lodge...I'm sure the Venture-Captain will want to have a word with me...

My thanks for rescuing me...I owe you my life..."

The Pathfinders return to Absalom and report back to the Venture-Captain.

He nods and greets you warmly. "Outstanding job! I feared your venture might turn out to be a recovery mission as opposed to a rescue...but I'm glad to see you got him out of there alive. And I'm most interested to see what artifacts you have recovered. You can stand down for a few days and recover..."

He dismisses you all, with the exception of Balenar...as you leave, you can hear the Captain talking sternly, "As for you young man, we need to have a long talk..."

Your rescue mission is complete! Nicely done!

Primary Mission (SUCCESS!): Rescue and return Balenar Forsend alive and bring back at least one historical artifact from the tower.

There was no Secondary Mission.

Earned from this module:
1 Experience Point (XP)
1 Prestige Point (PP)
1 Fame Point (FP)
479 Gold Pieces (GP)

I should have your chronicles to you no later than tonight...I will start prepping on the next scenario, The Consortium Compact, and we should be able to start in the next couple of days or so, if that's fine by everyone...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

"That was good. No shaman should hide behind his tribe a top a tower. I must speak with my god, I will return to the Pig's Paunch in a few days."

Grey begins stuffing his pay in his bag, soon to depart on a brief sojourn.

Level 2!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Female Occultist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T 11, FF 14) | CMB: +4* CMD: 15* | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init +2 | Perc +8*, SM +2, Diplomacy +4*, Intimidate +2* | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Mental Focus: Conj 1/1, Div 2/2, Trans 4/4 | Total CLW Charges Used: 0 |Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str), Third Eye (+1 Perc)

Once Todd and Grey are safely off the dangerous part of the floor, Lovissa smiles. "Well done, my friends. A fine day's work, ending in victory and triumph!"

She claps each of her companions on the back, congratulating them on a job well done.

"No thanks needed, Balenor! Legends require only that you spread tales of their glory far and wide! So speak, Balenor! Tell the world our deeds, and sing our praises!"

---

When we return to the Lodge, Lovissa boldly tells the Venture-Captain our tale of adventure, glory, and shoddy masonry.

"Outstanding, indeed!" Lovissa agrees. "You need never fear when we're on the mission!"

As they're dismissed, Lovissa bids her companions farewell. "I shall stay behind, and give the artifacts we discovered a thorough examination. One never knows what hidden powers might be contained within! But meet me at the Pig's Paunch later! A celebration is in order! Word of our deeds must be spread, and songs must be composed in our honour! For we are LEGEND!"

The Exchange

Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Congratulations team! You are awesome!"

Rykaar was pretty badly beaten up by the swarm and shaman. He vows to always have a couple of alchemist fires on hand from now on.

Woohoo! 2nd level I think!

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey sits at a table near the back of the Pig's Paunch. "Halenbane, you written reports before? All the time you spent at digs?" If front of Grey is a half dozen started and abandoned reports on the most recent expedition.

Trogulite Trog shaman hid at the top of tower. Different from typical tribe way of chief taking the bottom part of den. Probaly Probaley because ground floor exit. That only difference. still had guard pets. Shocker Lizard. Giant Frog.

Wild dogs near. Waiting on troguolot trog scraps and weak runts.

Captured Balenar alive for sacrifice. Never found other scrifices.

Grand Lodge faction card: Prepare report: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T 11, FF 14) | CMB: +4* CMD: 15* | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init +2 | Perc +8*, SM +2, Diplomacy +4*, Intimidate +2* | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Mental Focus: Conj 1/1, Div 2/2, Trans 4/4 | Total CLW Charges Used: 0 |Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str), Third Eye (+1 Perc)

"Since I could write!" she replies with a chuckle.

Eyeing his pile of wasted papers, Lovissa pulls up a chair. "Need a hand?"

I know nothing about faction missions. Should I be doing some?

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

You can download faction missions for free from the Paizo site...they have some pretty decent bonuses that you can work up to and thematically tie your character more to your faction...

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

Todd sits down with Lovissa and Grey at the Pig's Paunch and works on a project of his own. The Grippli lays out plans for a charity event for underprivileged frog people so that they may have shoes as great as the ones his mother had made him. There weren't many Grippli in the area, but that did nothing to deter Todd.

Sovereign Court mission, DC 16 diplo check to succeed.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

No success, very few Grippli get new shoes.

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T 11, FF 14) | CMB: +4* CMD: 15* | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init +2 | Perc +8*, SM +2, Diplomacy +4*, Intimidate +2* | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Mental Focus: Conj 1/1, Div 2/2, Trans 4/4 | Total CLW Charges Used: 0 |Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str), Third Eye (+1 Perc)

OMG! LIKE times a million, Todd. Hahahaha.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

"Cooperation. Eh? A pitcher of beer barkeep! We are pathfinding!" Grey orders beer to compensate Lovissa for her help and gets to work. "These reports have too many words. Need to make it simple like thieves cant."

Roof floor fall. sewer smell tribe.

Grey gives a satisfied nod at his short thieves cant warning. "Hows that for a report?"

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Female Occultist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T 11, FF 14) | CMB: +4* CMD: 15* | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init +2 | Perc +8*, SM +2, Diplomacy +4*, Intimidate +2* | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Mental Focus: Conj 1/1, Div 2/2, Trans 4/4 | Total CLW Charges Used: 0 |Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str), Third Eye (+1 Perc)

"Colourful, certainly. But perhaps a bit more thrilling. Something like:

'And Lo! The troglodyte roared and great gobs of saliva spewed from his mouth, spraying Rykaar in a shower of sickly goo. His stench was great, but Todd, of the line of Todd's, bore a stomach of iron, and a dull sense of smell! Such tricks would not work on him! From behind the troglodyte...'

"More is MORE, I always say!"

"Besides, peasants always adore a thrilling tale!"

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey looks over their combined work, he is apprehensive. "This will do." He stuffs it all in an envelope; his thieves cant, Lovissa's verse, a few of the abandoned drafts, even one of Todd's fliers ends up inside. Jamming the overstuffed envelope into his pack he nods. "Can drop it off tomorrow."

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T 11, FF 14) | CMB: +4* CMD: 15* | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init +2 | Perc +8*, SM +2, Diplomacy +4*, Intimidate +2* | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Mental Focus: Conj 1/1, Div 2/2, Trans 4/4 | Total CLW Charges Used: 0 |Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str), Third Eye (+1 Perc)

Lovissa smiles and claps him on the back. "A vast improvement, Grey! And certainly... unique!"

To Todd, Lovissa smiles. "Here," she says, passing him a few coins. "Put me down for two pairs of shoes for the little ones."

The Exchange

Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Rykaar arrives a bit late to the celebration, smiling as he does normally. He looks all cleaned up and refreshed, without the gore and blood that covered him when you saw him last.

"Good evening my friends! What an adventure! All I want now is a cold beer and a hearty meal!", flagging down the barmaid he orders some food and drink, and another round for everyone.

"So what is next for us LEGENDS? I am ready for our next adventure and the next chapter in our epic!"

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T 11, FF 14) | CMB: +4* CMD: 15* | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init +2 | Perc +8*, SM +2, Diplomacy +4*, Intimidate +2* | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Mental Focus: Conj 1/1, Div 2/2, Trans 4/4 | Total CLW Charges Used: 0 |Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str), Third Eye (+1 Perc)

"Agreed!" Lovissa exclaims, raising her ale in a toast. "Something daring! Something exciting!"

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

You each received a sudden summons early this morning while at breakfast, requiring you to gather your gear, clear your calendar, and meet at the Absalom docks in the early afternoon for a mission of extreme importance...

You arrive at the docks, water lapping steadily at the pier as sailors, laborers, and merchants rush busily around Absalom’s port. The venture-captain’s summons called for a meeting aboard the Sixwing Drake, a sleek sailing ship. The Drake’s captain, a Varisian woman and fellow Pathfinder named Zarah Zendrani, stands at the helm of her vessel. “It’s not like Valsin to be late,” she mutters, furrowing her brow...

We'll get started in earnest tomorrow, probably later in the morning...

651 to 700 of 871 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Otha's Evergreen Trilogy I All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.