GM Niles' Curse of Strahd

Game Master nilesr

Village of Barovia
Map of Vallaki
Map of Barovia
Loot Sheet
Map of Yester Hill


1,551 to 1,600 of 1,916 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

Nah just hoping 4 pit traps, one wall trap, 3 specters and a wraith are enough for one room. Likely not :p

Taking the end of his staff, Malthorn tries to lever the top off of the chest at the foot of the wraith’s resting place.

If it doesn't move he reaches in his pouch and withdraws a set of tool and sets to work on the lock mechanism.

pick lock (DC15?): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 ^.^ <sigh>


Curse of Strahd

Malthorn's attempt fails to gain entry to the stout lock.


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

As his attempt fails Malthorn waits, holding his breath unconsciously. When nothing happens, he tries once more.... if allowed

pick lock(DC15): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Curse of Strahd

Malthorn unlocks the chest revealing.

Chest #1:
A pile of silver coins in a long rotted leather bag. (100GP in Silver). A set of expensive clothing that's long since rotted away. A silvered longsword. And a curious looking holy symbol


Skills:
Acro +2, Animal H. +4, Arca +1, Athl +5, Dece -2, His +1, Ins+7, Intim -2, Invest +1, Med +7, Nat +1, Perc +7, Perf -2, Pers -2, Relig +1, Slight +2, Stealth +2, Surviv +7
Human Cleric 7 | HP 59 | AC 18 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perc 17 | S+2 D+2 Co+3 I+1 W+7 Ch+1 | Resource Tracker

Gail folds her arms, "Hmm I guess you got lucky - no more undead. Let me take a look at that holy symbol."

Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

"Not bad, not bad" Malthorn mumbles to himself.looking at the sword and the symbol, a crease furrows his brow. "Wasn't there something about a sword and the sun?....Anyways going to check on the others chest."

Malthorn moves to check on the other chest

pick lock - chest 2(DC15): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

pick lock - chest 3(DC15): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

pick lock - chest 4(DC15): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


| HP 53 | AC 16 | Initiative +4 | Passive Perc 16 | S+0 D+7 Co+3 I+1 W+0 Ch+6 | Bard 7

A silver sword and a holy symbol, that might be a precious find. I don´t recognize the symbol though i think.


Curse of Strahd

Gail recognizes the iconography that shes seen throughout her stay here in Barovia. The Sunburst is clearly that of the Morninglord worshipped here, while the inlaid ruby and engravings are different. In fact, they closely match the raven iconography that Gail has seen near the Wizard of the Wines. It seems that whatever this Holy Symbol is, it is a fusion of the Morninglord and whatever Raven based worship occurred here in Barovia.

Chest #2:
A carved wooden holy symbol that mirrors the finer one found in the first chest, a chalice inlaid with lapis lazuli, 15 small bars of gold. (1500GP value)

Chest #3:
A carved wooden holy symbol that mirrors the finer one found in the first chest, a necklace of red scales, a cloudy green potion in a small vial.

Chest #4, because you'll get it eventually:
A carved wooden holy symbol that mirrors the finer one found in the first chest,an electrum bracelet, an ancient looking tome, a sack of platinum coins (300GP worth)


Human Paladin 7 | HP 60 | AC 17 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perc 15 | S+4 D+0 Co+2 I+0 W+4 Ch+5

Ozgo will also examine the holy symbol.

Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


| HP 53 | AC 16 | Initiative +4 | Passive Perc 16 | S+0 D+7 Co+3 I+1 W+0 Ch+6 | Bard 7

Kassimir watches Malthorn fiddle with all the chests, but looses his patience eventually.

You think you finish this today or should we camp here? Probably we should search a sleeping spot soon anyway. What´s in this chests now and how is it related to the devil?

You can feel the concern and eagerness in his words.


Skills:
Acro +2, Animal H. +4, Arca +1, Athl +5, Dece -2, His +1, Ins+7, Intim -2, Invest +1, Med +7, Nat +1, Perc +7, Perf -2, Pers -2, Relig +1, Slight +2, Stealth +2, Surviv +7
Human Cleric 7 | HP 59 | AC 18 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perc 17 | S+2 D+2 Co+3 I+1 W+7 Ch+1 | Resource Tracker

Gail asks Malthorne, "I wonder if any of these things bear an enchantment?"


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

<sigh> "You could look or unlock them yourself, ...they all contain a version of the symbol that Gail and Ozgo are studying, granted not of such fine quality. Other than that we have quite the assortment, an inlaid chalice, some gold bars, a red necklace of an intriguing design - scales it appears, an unknown potion, a bracelet, and some coins <looking inside the bag> ooh of the platinum variety." Malthorn continues to pick round in the last chest before smiling at the sorcerer. "There is this old tome laying in here but you're not into secret knowledge, buried with the dead are you?"

Can Malthorn tell what the tome contains


Curse of Strahd

Malthorn knows that the tome is ancient. He thinks that given some time he could decipher its script, that or the proper magical incantations.

Some time and an INT check OR Comprehend Languages spell


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

As the sorcerer seems interested in other things for the moment, Malthorn moves to the side making room on the floor. Laying the tome in front of him he opens the pouch at his side and withdraws an even smaller pouch.

Taking a pinch from it's contents, those close by catch the unmistakable smell of sulfur, rotten eggs, grinding it finely above the front of the tome, he places his left hand on the lettering and begins working his way down the page, chanting in a language even he doesn't know.

After about 10 minutes of the same the being repeated over and over again, a change comes into the inflections, and with his right hand he begins turning the pages while continuing to chant.

Ritual casting of the spell Comprehend Languages, good for one hour, 1 page per minute

umm how many pages?


Human Paladin 7 | HP 60 | AC 17 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perc 15 | S+4 D+0 Co+2 I+0 W+4 Ch+5

did we ever discover what the holy symbols were?? I did not see it here anywhere (though I might be blind..lol)


Talus Koss Human Mystic 7 HP:51/55 5 temp Init:+2 PP:15 AC:16 Psi:12/38 Psi Limit:6HD:5/6 S:+2 D:+2 C:+2 I:+7 W:+4 Ch:-1

Sorry guys, didn't realize I hadn't posted here for a bit...

As usual , Talus is fascinated by Mal's talent with locks and such, hovering over his shoulder as the tiefling works on each chest.

When Malthorn begins his ritual to decipher the tome, Talus take some time to examine each of the statues for any clues...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

Ozgo, you and Niles posted at the same time on the 15th.

Sunburst:

Gail recognizes the iconography that shes seen throughout her stay here in Barovia. The Sunburst is clearly that of the Morninglord worshipped here, while the inlaid ruby and engravings are different. In fact, they closely match the raven iconography that Gail has seen near the Wizard of the Wines. It seems that whatever this Holy Symbol is, it is a fusion of the Morninglord and whatever Raven based worship occurred here in Barovia.


Curse of Strahd

The Tome is an ancient diary. It belonged to the Grandmaster of an order of paladins known as the Order of Corvus Argentinus. The details aren't really important, but what is important is that this tome is over 500 years old, and mentions that several artifacts are being used to combat the vampiric menace that plagues Barovia. There is no mention of Strahd connected to the Vampires. The Artifacts are the Sunsword and the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind the grandmaster laments in several entries that the last wielder of the Sunsword fought a monstrous denizen of the mountains and died valiantly. His weapon and armor was never recovered.

Malthorn discovers that the holy symbol discovered earlier is in fact the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind. It has many powers that can be used against the undead.

The Holy Symbol of Ravenkind:

The Holy Symbol of Ravenkind is a unique holy symbol sacred to the good-hearted faithful of Barovia. It predates the establishment of any church in Barovia. According to legend, it was delivered to a paladin named Lugdana by a giant raven-or an angel in the form of a giant raven. Lugdana used the holy symbol to root out and destroy
nests of vampires until her death. The high priests of Ravenloft kept and wore the holy symbol after Lugdana’s passing. The holy symbol is a platinum amulet shaped like the sun, with a large crystal embedded in its center. The holy symbol has 10 charges for the following properties. It regains 1d6 + 4 charges daily at dawn.

Hold Vampires. As an action, you can expend 1 charge and present the holy symbol to make it flare with holy power. Vampires and vampire spawn within 30 feet of the holy symbol when it flares must make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a target is paralyzed for 1 minute. It can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns to end the effect on itself.

Turn Undead. If you have the-Turn Undead or the Turn the Unholy feature, you can expend 3 charges when you present the holy symbol while using that feature. When you do so, undead have disadvantage on their saving throws against the effect.

Sunlight. As an action, you can expend 5 charges while presenting the holy symbol to make it shed bright light in a 30-foot radius and dim light for an additional 30 feet. The light is sunlight and lasts for 10 minutes or until you end the effect (no action required).


Skills:
Acro +2, Animal H. +4, Arca +1, Athl +5, Dece -2, His +1, Ins+7, Intim -2, Invest +1, Med +7, Nat +1, Perc +7, Perf -2, Pers -2, Relig +1, Slight +2, Stealth +2, Surviv +7
Human Cleric 7 | HP 59 | AC 18 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perc 17 | S+2 D+2 Co+3 I+1 W+7 Ch+1 | Resource Tracker

"Wow!" breathes Gail impressed, "I'm sure this will come in handy fighting those bloodsucking fiends..."
I wonder who this would suit best? Gail's turn undead is only DC15 Ozgo is your's better? Also I wonder if this is the thing we where supposed to find - or if there's something else.


| HP 53 | AC 16 | Initiative +4 | Passive Perc 16 | S+0 D+7 Co+3 I+1 W+0 Ch+6 | Bard 7

Wait we didn´t actually find the original holy raven symbol, only wooden knockoffs. But if we had that symbol it would be a great help indeed. As would that armor and sword be! Are there any clues where we could find them?

I´m a bit unclear wether we actually found that platinum symbol or only wood symbols?


Human Paladin 7 | HP 60 | AC 17 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perc 15 | S+4 D+0 Co+2 I+0 W+4 Ch+5

As a follower of the Raven Knights, would I know about this holy relic? If so, then Ozgo will react as written below

DM:
Ozgo views the holy relic and falls to his knees.

"Grandfather, I have found it. The holy symbol of our order. We are so much closer to ridding this land of the Devil Strahd"

He hangs his head as tears stream down his face as the emotions overwhelm him.


Human Paladin 7 | HP 60 | AC 17 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perc 15 | S+4 D+0 Co+2 I+0 W+4 Ch+5

My turn is only a 13


Skills:
Acro +2, Animal H. +4, Arca +1, Athl +5, Dece -2, His +1, Ins+7, Intim -2, Invest +1, Med +7, Nat +1, Perc +7, Perf -2, Pers -2, Relig +1, Slight +2, Stealth +2, Surviv +7
Human Cleric 7 | HP 59 | AC 18 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perc 17 | S+2 D+2 Co+3 I+1 W+7 Ch+1 | Resource Tracker

I'm wondering if it might be more useful for Ozgo. Gail can cast daylight already, although if we need to turn undead it's better if she has it.

"Can we rest now?" asks Gail, wavering slightly from the exertion of the battle.


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

"Most definitely, I'll take mid or late watch, my eyesight's the best for that time of the morning. Looks like your about out on your feet."

After collecting everything they found, Malthorn will go back and study the other items before getting some shuteye. "Wake me when my watch is due"

Cast detect magic, studying the other items that were found.


Curse of Strahd

Ozgo indeed would know OF the Holy Symbol, but not exactly all the particulars. It would be some sort of a legend/myth to him.

The sword is a Silvered Longsword (nonmagical), the necklace of red scales is a Necklace of Resistance (Fire), and the cloudy green potion is Oil of Etherealness

I linked to a Ring of Resistance, but its a necklace not a ring. Just the same exact effect


Human Paladin 7 | HP 60 | AC 17 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perc 15 | S+4 D+0 Co+2 I+0 W+4 Ch+5

Ozgo views the holy relic and falls to his knees.

"Grandfather, I have found it. The holy symbol of our order. We are so much closer to ridding this land of the Devil Strahd"

He hangs his head as tears stream down his face as the emotions overwhelm him.


Skills:
Acro +2, Animal H. +4, Arca +1, Athl +5, Dece -2, His +1, Ins+7, Intim -2, Invest +1, Med +7, Nat +1, Perc +7, Perf -2, Pers -2, Relig +1, Slight +2, Stealth +2, Surviv +7
Human Cleric 7 | HP 59 | AC 18 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perc 17 | S+2 D+2 Co+3 I+1 W+7 Ch+1 | Resource Tracker

Gail smiles sleepily, "I think you should look after it then Ozgo. Right now though I need to sleep."

Gail will take last watch.


Human Paladin 7 | HP 60 | AC 17 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perc 15 | S+4 D+0 Co+2 I+0 W+4 Ch+5

Ozgo goes and takes the holy symbol reverently. His current symbol is attached to his breastplate, and he removes it and attaches this holy relic in its place.

"I have been truly blessed. First by finding such friends and companions like you, and secondly by discovering this lost artifact. I feel we are closer to success than ever before. I will watch...I am too excited to do otherwise at the moment."


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

Laughing, not in jest but with the infectious enthusiasm, the Paladin has rolling off him in his moment of joy; Malthorn points to the other items,

"The necklace provides protection from fire - my own special heritage provides me some protection already, who wants it."
"The vial will take you to another plane, likely a dangerous proposition should you run into one of that planes denizens as we would not be able to assist. It should be used only at great need or perhaps with further research"

Nodding to Ozgo "Wake me when my turn comes"


Talus Koss Human Mystic 7 HP:51/55 5 temp Init:+2 PP:15 AC:16 Psi:12/38 Psi Limit:6HD:5/6 S:+2 D:+2 C:+2 I:+7 W:+4 Ch:-1

"A truly worthwhile enterprise then , following the armor. We are better armed to deal with the Devil. Now then, what of this Sunsword, it's last bearer went to the mountains..." Talus muses, more to himself than anyone else.

He helps prepare for a rest, taking his turn at watch...


Curse of Strahd

Ozgo feels a comforting presence. He doesn't know how, but he knows this night will be perfectly safe here. Everyone may rest, recover and LEVEL UP

Ezmerelda takes her turn looking at the Tome and says I think I know the Mountains referenced here. Also, the Tome references the home of the Grandmaster of this Order. An ancient Manse known as Argynvostholt.


Skills:
Acro +2, Animal H. +4, Arca +1, Athl +5, Dece -2, His +1, Ins+7, Intim -2, Invest +1, Med +7, Nat +1, Perc +7, Perf -2, Pers -2, Relig +1, Slight +2, Stealth +2, Surviv +7
Human Cleric 7 | HP 59 | AC 18 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perc 17 | S+2 D+2 Co+3 I+1 W+7 Ch+1 | Resource Tracker

Gail awakens from a deep sleep feeling remarkably refreshed for once. She stretches and yawns deeply before praying to the oak father which was always part of her morning routine.

Once the others had woken up she asked the others, "So... What next? We found one relic but we must track down more."


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2
Quote:
Argynvostholt

"Bless you I think" Malthorn says with a mischievous look, before asking the more important question "Do you know where this Manse is supposed to be located"


Skills:
Acro +2, Animal H. +4, Arca +1, Athl +5, Dece -2, His +1, Ins+7, Intim -2, Invest +1, Med +7, Nat +1, Perc +7, Perf -2, Pers -2, Relig +1, Slight +2, Stealth +2, Surviv +7
Human Cleric 7 | HP 59 | AC 18 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perc 17 | S+2 D+2 Co+3 I+1 W+7 Ch+1 | Resource Tracker

Gail waits for the reply but can't help but feel conflicted, weren't they supposed to be finding van Richten? Still this had the feel of something bigger and more important.


Curse of Strahd

Ez responds to Malthorn Indeed. The Tome mentions Friar's Hill, this place is known to the Vistani. I will mark your map here. Also, the mountain can only mean Mount Ghakis. Perhaps more knowledge will be found.

Gail's thoughts are interrupted by Ezmerelda making a comment.

I must still find Rudolph, but this Sun Sword seems most important. I will leave you to it. I will return to the Tower in one week, if I have not found Rudolph, or if I have. I will wait there for 3 days...then I will come looking for you. Hopefully you are successful. Then we may again plot the downfall of Strahd von Zarovich.

Ez prepares her things to leave.


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

"Thank you Ezmerelda, and one of the sayings from the port I once called home was "fair winds under your sails til we meet again.". With that horseless carriage of yours it seems appropriate." With a bow that was way more elegant than needed Malthorn finishes with "Thanks once again for your your assistance."

Malthorn searches the map for the point Ez had marked, trying to determine how long it would take to make the trip. "Mount Ghakis is well to the south we will need to leave soon if we need to go there."

Niles am I missing Friar's Hill on the Barovia Map?


Curse of Strahd

@Malthorn It's Q on the map


Human Paladin 7 | HP 60 | AC 17 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perc 15 | S+4 D+0 Co+2 I+0 W+4 Ch+5

Feeling better than he has in quite a while, Ozgo also thanks, Ezmerelda.

"Without your help we would have never re-discovered this lost treasure. Thank you!"

Looking at the map that Malthorn has produced, Ozgo taps his front teeth with a finger.

"We are almost equal distance on this trial from the location. We can either go back past the Tower, or around the other way.

Does Ozgo know what lies at locations R or P?


| HP 53 | AC 16 | Initiative +4 | Passive Perc 16 | S+0 D+7 Co+3 I+1 W+0 Ch+6 | Bard 7

I thank you as well, Ezmeralda, and look forward to meet you again in the future.

He looks at the map as well.
I suggest we take the most direct route, going directly south.
He means over "R".


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

I think we're at the yellow star Kassimir, if we head straight through 'R' we're going back to the winery. I could be wrong though on my assumption, however I shall continue with it for the moment :)

Malthorn looks at Kassimir, currently dragging his finger from the yellow star to 'Q', "You want to go straight through the forest, I've been warned things worse than Strahd dwell there. Why not follow the trail around and down here, not much further but limits the cross-country travel, which may mean its faster even if longer."

Down through 'P' and straight south coming up behind the Friar's Hill 'Q'


| HP 53 | AC 16 | Initiative +4 | Passive Perc 16 | S+0 D+7 Co+3 I+1 W+0 Ch+6 | Bard 7

You got me wrong there. I thought we had back to Rictavios tower the way we came, then back down the trail.

R seems to be on the crossroad west, which seems to be shorter from V - Rictavios tower. P would be to the east.


Skills:
Acro +2, Animal H. +4, Arca +1, Athl +5, Dece -2, His +1, Ins+7, Intim -2, Invest +1, Med +7, Nat +1, Perc +7, Perf -2, Pers -2, Relig +1, Slight +2, Stealth +2, Surviv +7
Human Cleric 7 | HP 59 | AC 18 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perc 17 | S+2 D+2 Co+3 I+1 W+7 Ch+1 | Resource Tracker

Gail calls out after Ezmeralda, "Fair thee well Ezmeralda. We shall meet again!"

She nods at Kassimir's suggestion, "Sure. South it is then".

She starts walking...


Curse of Strahd

R and P are crossroads (I roll an encounter each time you go through one and there are some specific things that could/might happen at Crossroads. @Malthorn Yes you are at the star. The dots are paths, the lines are actual roads. While Q (the Mansion) is directly south, its actually shorter time wise AND less encounter rolling if you take a path/road.


Human Paladin 7 | HP 60 | AC 17 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perc 15 | S+4 D+0 Co+2 I+0 W+4 Ch+5

"Ok, let's loop back past the tower and from there to the crossroads and onward to the Mt. Ghakis. Sound good?"


Skills:
Acro +2, Animal H. +4, Arca +1, Athl +5, Dece -2, His +1, Ins+7, Intim -2, Invest +1, Med +7, Nat +1, Perc +7, Perf -2, Pers -2, Relig +1, Slight +2, Stealth +2, Surviv +7
Human Cleric 7 | HP 59 | AC 18 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perc 17 | S+2 D+2 Co+3 I+1 W+7 Ch+1 | Resource Tracker

"Sure." replied Gail as they companions walked. She quite enjoyed scrambling up mountains back home, it would be good to do so here. Or so she thought...


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

Malthorn nods as a group decision is made, so long as it didn't involve getting lost on the local woods he was good.Looking to the left as they walked he called out to Gail.

"Hey remember that first night, you were camped under a gnarled old oak tree like that one when I burst into camp with a pack of wolves on my tail. Just knew you were going to turn me into a pin cushion before I could explain myself."

Laughing he continues down the road singing to himself, watching the trees for danger.


Talus Koss Human Mystic 7 HP:51/55 5 temp Init:+2 PP:15 AC:16 Psi:12/38 Psi Limit:6HD:5/6 S:+2 D:+2 C:+2 I:+7 W:+4 Ch:-1

Talus agrees with the group's decision, chuckling at Malthorn's recollection, despite himself, humming along with his friend's song.

As they make their way down the road, Talus wonders what Mt Ghakis has in store...


Skills:
Acro +2, Animal H. +4, Arca +1, Athl +5, Dece -2, His +1, Ins+7, Intim -2, Invest +1, Med +7, Nat +1, Perc +7, Perf -2, Pers -2, Relig +1, Slight +2, Stealth +2, Surviv +7
Human Cleric 7 | HP 59 | AC 18 | Initiative +2 | Passive Perc 17 | S+2 D+2 Co+3 I+1 W+7 Ch+1 | Resource Tracker

Gail chuckles, "Well lets just say, you sure know how to make an entrance... As it happens I kinda had a feeling, and as luck would have it I wasn't wrong." More soberly she adds, "I uh have a feeling about Mt Ghakis. I don't think we're going to enjoy it as much as I should like."


Loot sheet AC 12, HP 45/45,
Saving Throws:
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (+2), CHA 18 (+7)
Skills:
Arcana +3, Deception +7, History +3, Intimidation +7, Investigation +6, Nature +3, Performance +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +3, SoH +1, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9, Spells 4th 2/2

Malthorn continues his song but hear's the note in Gail's voice, eye's continuing to watch the wood surrounding them.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Curse of Strahd

The heroes travel toward Argynvostholt. 4d20 ⇒ (18, 19, 5, 1) = 431d12 + 1d8 ⇒ (5) + (8) = 13

High above the river valley juts a quiet promontory upon
which looms a sepulchral mansion, its turrets capped
with fairytale cones, its towers lined with sculpted battlements.
A third of the structure has collapsed, as has part
of the roof, but the rest appears intact. A dark, octagonal
tower rises above the surrounding architecture.
Out of the fog comes a distant peal of thunder, quickly
accompanied by the howling of wolves in the woods
below, but the house stands silent, seeming like the fossilized
remains of some long-dead thing smote upon the
mountainside.

As they trek closer, it seems obvious that a small pack of wolves is traveling with the party. The wolves themselves never get closer than a few hundred feet, but they match pace with the party.

Soon the heroes arrive at Argynvostholt.

Perched atop a ten-foot-wide, ten-foot-high cube of
granite is a moss-covered statue of a dragon, its wings
tucked close to its body. The statue looks east, toward
the mansion.

The dragon is difficult to study from any distance.

Maps are updated

1,551 to 1,600 of 1,916 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Niles Curse of Strahd All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.