Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Nel's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master CRobledo

From the depths of an untamed wilderness, bandits and monsters run rampant across the land. Do you have what it takes to conquer the lands and raise yourself up as King, Emperor and God?


301 to 350 of 2,083 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo sidles to his left (5' step) and draws his dagger.


You still get a standard , Bingo. you can take a 5' step and a move action, as long as that move action is not moving (in this case drawing weapons)


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Attack with dagger 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage 1d3 ⇒ 2

"Surrender, Kressle, you're surrounded and alone."

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

There goes the "sleeping with Dris = improved proficiency" theory. Man, the dice don't love us, but really love the BBEGs.

Dris is more annoyed than wise at this point, and moves to flank Kressle (11-B) and swat her with her bare hands. Forget surrender, it's time for you to die, b&*+%!

DM Nel:

She grows claws as a free action, and does two attacks. Man do I wish I had my old strength back. And... if you wanna give people nearby perception checks, I suppose its only fair, not much I can do to bluff it I don't think.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 1 + 2 = 21
Attack 2: 1d20 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 1 + 2 = 13
Damage 1: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Damage 2: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Edit: Dris gets in one mean hair pull!


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

I don't think you can do 0 damage. :)

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Yeh, I was presuming I did "1" damage. And how's come yer readin my spoilers to the GM?


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Nel, did the bandit tie himself up as I requested?


Drispeera:

I think that would be one attack, since you have to move first? Still though, since your first hits you can get one hit in.

And yes it does 1.

Mornaura:

He does not. He kinda looks at the ropes for a bit, and the best he can do is tie up his feet. You can't really tie your own hands up, you know? If you had manacles it would have worked.

Round 4:
Drispeera
Mornaura <--
Kaeso
Bad guys
Norn
Bingo

On delay:


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Well, it's not easy or comfortable, but it's doable... Anyway, let's not go into details here.

Having watched the poor guy's efforts for a moment, Mornaura lets out a sigh.

"Fine, I'll help you. Remember our deal, don't try anything."

Remembering the knots her mother taught her, she does her best to tie the bandit up real good.
After she's done, she drags him a few feet away from the other one.

"My hawk will alert me if you try to escape, and then he'll eat your eyes. Or maybe he'll do that first, I don't know for sure."


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso is thinking that perhaps he should have taken Drispeera up on her offer. Did I go on a drinking binge and forget about it? Am I drunk? Why can't I hit this awful bandit woman?

ATK 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
DMG 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Unbelievable. I'm a sitting target here. I hope I'm providing enough distraction for someone else to get her before she kills me.


Mornaura:

Getting an escape artist check from you, in case he changes his mind:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Kaeso, now furious at Kessle, swings high again. Still, he stands fast against her.

The bandit in the back gets up, and moves closer to the action.

Kressle, not liking her current situation, takes a few swipes at the mage and halfling:

ATK 1 (Bingo): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
DMG 1 (Bingo): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

ATK 2 (Drisp): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
DMG 2 (Drisp): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

She will 5' step into A11.

"Maggots! Haven't you heard? Banditry always pays for Kressle and her gang!"


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

Norn holds his falchion tightly and charges the bandit with a powerful attack.

ATK: 1d20 + 5 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 3 + 2 - 1 = 17
DMG: 2d4 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 17

Good thing I power attacked

-2 AC until next turn.


Round 4:
Drispeera
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys
Norn
Bingo <--

On delay:


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Where did Norn end up?


B10. map should be updated. if you 5' one square, you would be flanking with him.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo steps up and stabs up under Kressle's guard while she deals with Norn. "Dris, go help Mornie! Ye'll jest get hurt here!"

Dagger thrust 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 2 = 20
Damage 1d3 ⇒ 3


Bingo's dagger must have struck true, because after his stab Kressle utters "URK" and falls to the ground unconscious. Her two handaxes fall next to her.

Round 5:
Drispeera <--
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys
Norn
Bingo

On delay:

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Dris cackles wildly as Kressle falls. Then she looks right at the final bandit and casts Faerie Fire on him. Drop where you stand a~$*+&@ or those flames will eat you alive!

Bluff:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Round 5:
Drispeera
Mornaura <--
Kaeso
Bad guys
Norn
Bingo

On delay:


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo looks at his dagger, "Did I do that?"


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

The witch runs in the direction of the shouting and the combat noise.

"Everything alright with you folks? I needed to take care of the bandit after Bingo left me alone..."

She looks around, trying to estimate how seriously wounded Drispeera and Norn are.

Perception or heal?1d20 ⇒ 19 Perception would be +7, Heal +2.

"Spirits of the Past! That's a lot of blood you both lost, but at least you're still standing... Sadly, I can heal only one of you now."


Drispeera is definitely the most injured, and is just hanging by a thread. Norn is next looking pretty bloodied, and Bingo next with some cuts and bruises.


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso tosses his healing potion to Drispeera and moves west past Bingo to stand between the last bandit and the rest of the party.

"You heard the lady. Drop to the ground!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Oh, good grief.


Actually, the last bandit, who has been Faerie Fired by Drispeera and just saw his boss fall to the ground, turns a 180 and bolts (run 4x) towards the tree line.


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

Norn says, "Urgh, as much as I hate seeing that scoundrel flee, I think we need to tend our wounded this day. We won the day though, but it was a rougher fight that we hoped. Hopefully the escapee knows we mean business and will flee these lands entirely."

"What is the plan for these other ones? I say we tie up the sleeping ones, and we offer them the same deal. Repentance or sword. As for Kressle, I do not think her wicked ways can be redeemed but I will leave you all to judge."


We are out of initiative unless someone wants to chase the last bandit


Hermia:
You have begun your trip to Oleg's Trading post. Your companion is a man named Jhod. He has introduced himself and you know he is an old hunter and now a cleric of Erastil. When he heard of the exploration charter the sword lords commissioned, he ran to Restov to request their permission to find and join the expedition. Since you were about to leave anyway, they granted him passage to go with you. His motives are still mostly his own, but he has expressed that he is on the lookout of an old ruin dedicated to Old Deadeye somewhere in the Greenbelt, and the expedition was the best and easiest way to get to investigate.


Male Human Fighter 3

In that case, Kaeso switches to his bow and takes a shot at the bandit; after all, we can't have unrepentant bandits running around.

Presuming he's not too far away yet, by the time I switch weapons.

ATK1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
DMG1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

If he's too far away, I'm not likely to catch him in armor.


That actually does hit him, but doesn't bring him down. He gets another 4x run. He is now past first range increment and in the treeline (-2 range + cover)


Male Human Fighter 3

One more shot? I'm not going to chase him.

ATK 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
DMG 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Kaeso shouts: "Coward!"

To the party: "I'm sorry I was so useless." Sighing, he continues: "Maybe I should have stayed on the farm." If Kaeso were a 5 year old boy, his pout would be cute. As it is, it's slightly ridiculous.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

"Helluva shot, kid, too bad ya din't bring him down, but mebbe he'll bleed to death," Bingo shouts. He looks around, "I gots 'nother potion iffen any of yuz needs it."


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

As the bandit starts running, Mornaura shouts to her companions:

"Kaeso, Bingo, please follow him! We can't risk that he warns the others! He won't be fast thanks to terrain and the arrow sticking in his back!"

While she continues in a somewhat lower voice, she hustles over to Norn.

"Drispeera, is that a healing potion Kaeso gave you? I will try to use my spell to take care of Norn's wound then, alright? Hold still, dear."

Besides, we will need his physical combat prowess... Now, Spirits, lend me some help.

Squinching up her face for a moment as she places her hands on Norn's bloody wound, the witch murmurs some strange words, and with a yellow glow under her palms, the energy starts flowing.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 HP healed.


Male Human Fighter 3

Stung into action by Mornaura's words, Kaeso quits pouting and runs after the bandit. "Bingo, want to go hunting?"


people chasing:
going to need some survival checks


Male Human Fighter 3
GM Nel wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Here you go:
Survival 1d20 ⇒ 4
Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

He should be easy to track because he's glowing purple. FF gives him -20 to stealth.

Drispeera adds her two cents. Better catch him before he warns the other 5 that are still out there. Actually Norn had better do something with the sleeping jerk at the campfire. He's going to wake soon. Then she runs full speed to the bandit sleeping at the top of the first tower.

DM Nel:
What's with all this giving them a chance to surrender, nonsense? We're in active combat and I can't cast spells all day. At the top of the tower she attempts to kill that bandit off.
Attack 1:1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 + 1 = 16 + whatever because he has no dex.
Attack 2:1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 1 = 17 + whatever because he has no dex.
Damage 1:1d3 ⇒ 3 instead of d4-1
Damage 2:1d3 ⇒ 1 instead of d4-1

Probably not enough to kill him. I'll presume that was a surprise round, and roll initiative to hit him again.
Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Wiping Norn's blood off her hands, Mornaura starts walking back in the direction of the fireplace.

"Right. We also need to look after the one I tied up. I suggest we hogtie and gag them all, take their stuff and hide them on one of the towers or somewhere in the bushes. Then we take their positions on the towers and near the campfire and wait for the other bandits to return. What do you think of the plan?"


people chasing:
Kaeso follows the bandit to the tree line, but fails to find the tracks from there.

Drispeera:
To be fair it was Norn who is lawful good who said that :) What you are looking for is coup de grace, which automatically hits. It deals critical damage automatically

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

DM Nel:
I looked up coup de grace, but it looked like a high level rogue ability.... Didn't make sense to me tho... character's unconscious, so it should be possible to slice a throat even for an amateur.

Since Mornie seems to be moseying, Dris will head over to the campfire and Coup de Grace the last one sleeping. He's due to wake up any second.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

@Nel and Dris:
Yeah, yeah, shouldn't read other people's spoilers, but I couldn't resist.
1. Everyone can do a coup de grace. You need to have a melee weapon (or sth similar to a crossbow) and it's a full-round action. It's an automatic critical hit and forces a fortitude save against instant death.
2. If Dris really tries to CdG the sleeping bandit, I would like to get a chance of preventing that.
3. Since time might be a relevant factor right now, with sleep running out sometime soon etc, what do you guys think about continuing this in initiative? I mean... "going to the tower, climbing up, CdG'ing or whatever, climbing down, going to the fireplace, CdG'ing another one" vs "going over to the fireplace to check on the two"? ;)

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

GM Nel & Morna:

Hokay, but...
My timeline is

Round 5:
Dris Faerie Fire'd.
Morna shouted and did perception check.

Round 6:
Dris did *not* catch bingo's potion. Dris did *not* wait to hear Morna's debate on who to heal. Dris did *not* drink bingo's potion. (Wisdom took a sudden drop recently). Realizing that her spell was running out momentarily, Dris ran full out to get to the tower. (you posted before me, but I would have acted before you.)

Morna healed Norn.

Round 7:
Dris CDG'd tower guy, and did full move toward campsite guy.
Morna:

Quote:

Wiping Norn's blood off her hands, Mornaura starts walking back in the direction of the fireplace.

"Right. We also need to look after the one I tied up. I suggest we hogtie and gag them all, take their stuff and hide them on one of the towers or somewhere in the bushes. Then we take their positions on the towers and near the campfire and wait for the other bandits to return. What do you think of the plan?"

Sounds kinda casual, not like she's aware she's racing me or my spell's duration. Would she have even had the chance to realize what I was doing in the tower?

Edit: Actually, I'll wait for GM's ruling. The untied, unguarded guy near his loosely tied buddy is probably waking up now. So after CDG in tower, I'll see what's happening before deciding move action.

And GM.... go!


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

@Nel & Dris:

Not wanting to nitpick, and we kinda lost it when Nel said we drop initiative, but if we go from there, starting like you supposed:

Round 7: Dris CDGs (full round action!), Mornaura moves back in direction of fireplace (two move actions).

Round 8: Dris climbs down (move) and moves over to fireplace (move). Mornaura closes the last feets over to the fireplace (move) and, standing between the two bandits, checks on the guys (that can even be a standard action if you want).

Round 9: So, while it's true that Mornaura has no clue about what Dris did in the tower, both of them are there, (plus Faron, who is circling above in the nice fireplace thermals the whole time, guarding the bandits). And if Dris wants to try another CdG (full-round), standing 5ft away, then yeah... That's at least two perception checks to notice, and hopefully allows Mornaura to do something about it, even if it's just shouting "Don't kill him!".

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Well 7-9 may be moot-- as he woke up on 6.(Dris' sleep got him on round "0" and lasted until round 5.) Perhaps untied his friend on 7. And both of them ran away on 8. So let's see what the GM has to say. ;)


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Wow, you guys were trucking right along. :)

Bingo scurries after Kaeso, looking for traces of the wounded bandit.

Tracking 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Nah, don't worry. 1 minute @ 6 seconds per round = 10 rounds.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Ahhh... I had it reversed in my mind. 6 rounds at 10 secs. The reason Dris made her suicidal death run at the bandits with only one hit point left was because she thought 3 bandits were about to wake up, and everybody else was running the other direction. Not so much that she wants them dead that badly, but because having 3 bandits alive at our backs with 2 of the guys gone seemed like such a baaaddd idea.

Now I totally understand everyone's lackadaisical attitudes towards the uninjured, unbound, soon-to-be conscious bandits left at our backs during active combat. All the characters in-game understood Drispeera's spell duration, better than her player did. From Drispeera's in game perspective it was still suicidally stupid to leave 3 undealt-with foes at our backs during combat. But now that Norn(probably) and Morna are finally wandering over, Drispeera will now rifle the corpse in the tower hoping for a healing potion.

And... I guess I will be PMing the DM from now on, since everyone finds Drispeera's spoilers almost as irresistable as Drispeera herself.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Well. I'd blame it to either "you never told us they'd not sleep until tomorrow" or "well it's a level 1 spell, everyone knows it" - Spellcraft dc 16 with a +9 skill and all.


Drispeera climbs the tower rather easily. The bandit at the top has armor, a short sword and a bow as well as one small potion.

Bingo, you also fail to track the bandit much further into the woods.


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso signs to Bingo to play along: "Damn! He's gone! Let's go back to the others." He doesn't go back, but stands quietly and then listens, hoping to hear something. Bow is drawn and ready.

Bluff 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

If that doesn't work, I'll go back to the rest of the party. Might as well try!


Kaeso:

stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
SM: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
The bandit believes your bluff, and fails at stealthing you. You may take one pot shot at him if you want.

301 to 350 of 2,083 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Skull's Kingmaker Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.