Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Nel's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master CRobledo

From the depths of an untamed wilderness, bandits and monsters run rampant across the land. Do you have what it takes to conquer the lands and raise yourself up as King, Emperor and God?


201 to 250 of 2,083 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 3

"What's wrong? What does she see? We should spread out and be ready for anything."

Kaeso stands up, grabs his bow and has it ready, with shield and hammer near at hand. He stands protectively near Svetlana. You can see a gleam in his eyes.

Joss the horse probably remembers Kaeso as a very short kid just a couple of years ago, probably sitting in the barn crying, covered in bruises.


Surprisingly, the hooves are coming from the north, and not the south. You see four horses approaching, one ahead and three riding in the back. One of the horsemen in the back rank carries a flag, which you recognize as one of Brevoy's noble houses.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

CON Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Bingo comes out of the guesthouse with a big grin on his face and a spring in his step. He starts shoveling breakfast into his mouth then looks up at Norn and Kaeso, "She'll not be fergettin' my name agin any time soon!" He looks over at Mornaura, "Got a couple a' minutes before we leave, missy, if'n you wanna sample."


I dunno. I feel CMB vs CMD or opposed CMB checks is more appropriate here :P But I digress...


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34
GM Nel wrote:
I dunno. I feel CMB vs CMD or opposed CMB checks is more appropriate here :P But I digress...

I just wanted to find out how tired he was after spending the night with Dris. I'd be happy to throw in a quick check to see how things went. LOL

Bingo's CMB plus CHR Bonus: 1d20 - 1 + 3 ⇒ (19) - 1 + 3 = 21 versus Drispeera's CMD of 23 (+5 CHR Bonus)

Edit: Not too shabby, if I say so meself.


Back to regularly scheduled programming

As the horses get inside the outpost, the man leading the band of knights gets off his horse, and addresses Svetlana, who has moved to the courtyard to greet the travelers.

"Good morning! We were sent here from Restov to provide protection to this outpost. Restov received your letter a few weeks ago, and although I hate to admit, it was about to get lost in the bureaucracy before my men and myself got a hold of it. I volunteered to lead my small band of soldiers down and attempt to secure this post against banditry. My name, is Kresten Garess."

Knowledge (nobility) 10:
You do recall Garess as one of Brevoy's noble houses.

Knowledge (nobility) 20:
However, Kresten is a member of this house currently only by name. You recall a scandal when an affair between Kesten and a lowborn woman named Tania, a weaver’s daughter, became public knowledge. His father Evan, a cousin of the Garess family patriarch, disowned Kesten, who fled to Restov to serve as a mercenary.


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso looks to his companions for help: "Did they send two groups? Do any of you recognize him?"

"Good day, sir." Drawing himself up to full height, he continues: "My name is Kaeso Tullius Scaevola, and it seems we have the same commission." He's not quite sure what to say to nobility, and hopes one of his new friends will step in to help.


"Hello Kaeso, pleased to make your acquaintance. Sad to say though that I doubt that we have the same commission. My guess is that you belong to the group sent here by the Swordlords to explore the Greenbelt? If so, cheers to you and your group, but my commission is simply to defend this outpost. Even if Restov doesn't think it's important to defend it, I think it does serve as a strategic point of defense and attack into and out of the Greenbelt." He looks at Svetlana for a second. "No offense to you, or your establishment, milady. But as you know you built this outpost inside an old border fort. It was here for a reason."

Addressing Kaeso again, "According to the letter the bandits were to arrive yesterday. We tried to ride as hard as we could, but were not able to make it in time. What happened, did they take the goods?"

BTW, Knowledge checks of DC 10 or less can be made untrained


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"Aye, I've heerd of the Garesses, minor family from up north, I recalect. Iffen they's gonna watch the post, we kin go after them bandits witout worryin',"/b] says Bingo, looking up at the tall knights. [b]"I wouldna trust 'em 'round the girls, tho," he whispers to Kaeso.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Drispeera stumbles out of the hut with her hair slightly mussed, but still gorgeous as always. She shoots Bilbo a quick wink (your rolls will do) and then tries to get up to speed on the newcomers. Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 ⇒ 11
(Is Kresten charismatic? Drispeera notices such things)
Greetings Kresten. Your arrival is most welcome. I remember a little of your family, although not as much as I would wish. Perhaps later you can tell me more. Five bandits did arrive yesterday, but we defeated them easily. We spared 1 (or was it 2?) because she/they agreed to give us information about their leader Kressle, and her camp. We were planning to head there today and catch them unawares come nightfall. Still, I was worried to leave Lady Svetlana unattended. And we didn't have a plan for supervising our captives-- perhaps we could take them along for further information, but that creates additional challenges. So having big, strong warriors arrive is quite timely. Welcome.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

@Kaeso: Mornaura has probably told him that Joss remembers him when he was little, and once full of bruises and hiding in the stable, just to make her point, but tried not to be mean about it.

---

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 No clue. ^^

Not having been awake for the longest time, and just having had to reject Bingo's offer with a frown that says 'forget it', the witch is still a bit grumpy when the group's breakfast gets interrupted.

When it is obvious the riders aren't here to attack them, she sits down again and continues her breakfast, feeding and caressing Faron in between. Without looking up, she grumbles:

"Morning. So you are... who? Some people whose job we did yesterday? Nice of you to come around. Anyway, would you mind looking after our redeemed convert and our captive who we promised to send to Restov for a trial, or would you rather like to head out for the bandits' camp? Or do we change plan again and all just sit around waiting for their next attack, now that we have superior numbers?"


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34
Mornaura wrote:

Without looking up, she grumbles:

"Morning. So you are... who? Some people whose job we did yesterday? Nice of you to come around. Anyway, would you mind looking after our redeemed convert and our captive who we promised to send to Restov for a trial, or would you rather like to head out for the bandits' camp? Or do we change plan again and all just sit around waiting for their next attack, now that we have superior numbers?"

"Y'kno, Mornie, I betcha I could turn that frown upside down, iffen ya give me a minit or two."


Kresten seems a bit surprised with the group composition. "Well, I can definitely tell this will be interesting times. We will take care of the outpost for now, as it is our duty. You may hunt the bandits if you wish. MEN, bring out the gear and setup camp behind the stables. Sounds like the guesthouse is currently occupied. Now if you would excuse us."


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso whispers to Bingo: "Should we trust these folks? It's a bit suspicious, them showing up to take over the Leveton's post, without so much as a by your leave, isn't it? I'm a bit lost with these noble types, but the whole thing seems to stink."


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Mornaura gives Bingo a half amused, half derisive snuffle and waves him aside while answering.

"Speaking of upside down, have I already told you I know how to flush and disembowel... animals? If I may say so, I make some quite passable black pudding with the recipe my mother taught me. You would never guess all the secret spicery in it..."

Faron makes an approving squeak at the notion of black pudding, and the witch chuckles quietly.


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

MMmm now I want some black pudding. I'll be in London this July, going to have to get some then

"Well met Kresten. If you would be so kind, do you have an official charter or commission that we can look at. I do not wish to doubt your words but with bandits and con men lurking in these parts we can never be too careful."


Kresten pulls out a rolled parchment and hands it to Norn, who looks it over, gives an approving nod, and hands it back.

"Not a problem friend. I would have done the same."


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

"I 'spect he's on the up and up, Kaeso, havin' papers and everythin'. Now tha's settled, waddya say we git goin'? We got a long day's ride acomin'." Bingo goes to saddle Fern and get his supplies ready.


I'll get us on the road late today, in case someone has any last minute business at the Oleg's

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Well, after a good night's... rest, I'm feeling refreshed and ready to go. Out of the remaining horses Drispeera will choose the one with the most attractive lines, white if possible, and ask Borden to saddle it for her. She will hungrily devour Svetlana's breakfast, enough for four people. And then with disdain take a few days rations.

Are we going to explore, per the charter, on the way down? Or maybe save that for the trip back?


Bingo:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

You think something was a bit odd about Drispeera during your encoutner last night, but you can't place your fingers on it...


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34
GM Nel wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

GM Nel:

Spoiler:
Odd disturbing or odd interesting? In any case, Bingo will keep a close on Drispeera during the trip down.

Bingo:
Odd as in different. Could be her odd skin color was getting to you or something like that. Nothing malicious.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

If you want to attack next night, Dris, we don't have time to explore on the way down to the camp. So let's save that for later.
Half-related: Nel, didn't you say you wanted to add some things to the map?

"Are you all sure we really want to leave this time? I won't saddle my horse for nothing again."

Mumbling to herself, Mornaura gathers her gear and readies her horse.


Male Human Fighter 3

"Thanks much for your hospitality, Mrs. Leveton. I hope to see you in a few days and get some more of that venison stew. Let us know if you have any more trouble, and we'll take care of it, whoever it is." He raised his voice a bit at the last.

Kaeso is ready to go. He's going to use Happ's Horse--hereafter named Lucky, since it's luck he found him--and ride with lance at the ready, clad in leather armor to make the riding easier. Joss is coming along as a pack horse, until he gets time to train him.


Allright, and we are off! I am assuming you are going to go south-west from your current hex, and taking Wenry with you? Norn has her tied to the saddle of one of their horses.

GM Rolls:

travel encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 91

After a few hours of travel, you over 12 miles to the next area, and travel goes without a problem. You continue on south west again.

GM Rolls:

travel encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 64

Once again, travel goes on without any problems. You arrive at the hex in the afternoon, and just with a few hours of searching and with Winrey's help, you are able to locate the camp.

You all sit behind some bushes and Winrey starts drawing a more detailed map on the ground:

Map here!

She says, "Ok, the areas in green are trees and bushes you can use for cover. The browner squares are a few large fallen trees that will block view. The two white boxes are the guard towers. They usually have one guard each at pretty much all times. The red dot here is a campfire site, where we usually hang out most of the time. Kressle and the other men usually lay down their bedrolls near the fire at night. The lines going through the middle here is a stream that is about knee high at the deepest point."


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Mornaura listens to Wenry's explanations, then speaks to her companions with a low, somewhat tense voice.

"Alright... Faron will check where exactly the thugs are right now."

Looking at her hawk familiar, the witch concentrates for an instant and then 'speaks' to him for a while.

Feral Speech, obviously.

Faron takes off, flies back the way they took to approach the camp for a moment, then ascends to his natural predatory flight height and begins to circle, just as he did every day during the journey when he hunted rodent snacks.
After some overflights, during which he tries to spot the bandits and memorize their positions, he fakes a killing swoop way outside the camp. Flying below the treetops, he comes back to Mornaura and lands on her arm.

Anything you guys want to do while he's on his scouting trip, before he reports back?
@Nel: Perception roll for Faron is 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33. Anything else I should roll?


Male Human Fighter 3

"I suppose I'll change back into scale armor, if I can. I'm not very stealthy anyway. Kaeso unloads his armor and shield from Joss and suits up, as long as it won't be too loud.


Mornaura, Have Faron roll a stealth check. He will have huge bonuses due to distance in the air, etc... I'll take care of counting those in. He notes that there are indeed two humanoids at the top of the towers, as well as two more at the campsite.

GM rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

I don't really understand why, but in any case, stealth check for Faron:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Drispeera messages the group quietly:Just a reminder... I can cover us in a cloud of darkness, or I can put it in front of us to hide behind. I will be able to see either way, so its up to you. I can also cover one or two of them in light, so they won't be able to hide from us. If the lookouts are in separate towers than I can only get one. If I can get close enough to the ones at the campfire, I can try to spell some of them to sleep. Perhaps by casting darkness on my own clothing and moving close enough to them. Tell me which will work best with your strategies.


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso likes the idea of sleep spells. "I'm worried about the towers. We'd be exposed to arrows if we stepped into the light at all. What about fire? Can we light the towers on fire, either magically or with a torch? They'd jump out quick!" He rummages through his pack, looking for oil.

"If we use sleep on them, we ought to take out as many as we can, so I suggest the campfire. Drispeera, how close do you need to get? You and Mornaura should probably have Norn and me near you for protection.

He thinks for a bit, wishing he had some paper. "How about taking out the campfire bandits, while Bingo and Borden light the towers on fire? We could let them do it first, and then either sleep or take out the campfire in the confusion."


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

After listening to Faron, caressing him and giving him a piece of meat from her travel rations, Mornaura turns to the group and looks at the map. While she speaks, she points at the towers and the fireplace.

"Faron just told me that there's indeed one bandit on each tower and two are over at the campsite. That makes four, so the question is: where are the others? Wenry, you said there should be about eight people here. Any idea where they got to?"

Her mien turns into a skeptical frown.

"Anyway, we should hide and stay vigilant, before someone stumbles upon us by chance, until we know what's up. I'd say we try to lure them out and into an ambush later. And for the worst case, we do have alchemist's fire."


Wenry turns to Mornaura, "My guess is they are doing bandit-y stuff! You know, pillaging, trying to rob trappers, that kind of thing. Some might be hunting for food. Kressle only keeps around a third of her gang in with her at a time. A third was our group, the raiding team. The other third is the skirmish group, out by themselves usually. And the last third is the "core team" who tries to stay around camp and deal with the bigger jobs."


Male Human Fighter 3

"Can the bird recognize whether Kressle is there or not? If we take out the head, it might not matter if we don't get the rest of the body."


The only thing you have on Kressle is she is a human female, so I don't think faron can distinguish if looking from that far up


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

"Na, since she doesn't look like something to eat for him, she'd need to wear something brightly colored or stick out some other way to make him differentiate."

She smirks, then looks at the drawn map again.

"So... Shall we wait for the rest to return, or do you all want to try getting those four and hope we're done before the others arrive?"


Male Human Fighter 3

"Seems to me that 5 against 4, done twice, is easier than 5 against 8. I say we attack them now."

Ok, I'm off for the weekend. See you Sunday. Feel free to go ahead if you want.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Yes, let's get them in smaller groups. When they settle down for the night, I'll go closer with a darkness spell, and then try getting the two at the fire to sleep.

Dris has no points in Stealth, only her dex bonus (+4), and the cover that her darkness spell gives her.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

"I suspect they won't settle down for the night until their friends are back."

Liberty's Edge

"Is we lookin' fer prizners or not? I c'n sneak round and come at em from the other side. Mornie's right, though, we'd best do it now iffen we want to catch this lot alone."


Aight, just let me know from what side each one of you wants to approach if different, and we can start the encounter


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Mornaura will stay right behind the meatshields, er, fighters.


Male Human Fighter 3
Mornaura wrote:
Mornaura will stay right behind the meatshields, er, fighters.

I live to serve.

Is there any way to light the towers on fire? Otherwise, can we get arrow shots on the tops of the towers? I'm not too worried about the two at the campfire, but don't want arrows raining down on us from a superior position. Once we've got a plan for them, I'm ready to go.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Drispeera gets a little defensive, as if her awesome sorcerous powers are being questioned. I can light them up with a glow, but not actually set them on fire.

When the group is ready, Drispeera will creep within range (110') of the campfire and cast sleep on the two figures there. (23 stealth above).
She has also cast mage armor on herself.

Sleep:
Sleep
Drispeera's Sleep gets 6HD, DC 18

School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level bard 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, witch 1; Domain Night 1

CASTINGCasting Time 1 round
Components V, S, M (fine sand, rose petals, or a live cricket)

EFFECT Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area one or more living creatures within a 10-ft.-radius burst
Duration 1 min./level
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION A sleep spell causes a magical slumber to come upon 4 HD of creatures. Creatures with the fewest HD are affected first. Among creatures with equal HD, those who are closest to the spell's point of origin are affected first. HD that are not sufficient to affect a creature are wasted. Sleeping creatures are helpless. Slapping or wounding awakens an affected creature, but normal noise does not. Awakening a creature is a standard action (an application of the aid another action). Sleep does not target unconscious creatures, constructs, or undead creatures.

Her next action she will cast Darkness to hide herself.


which side of the map are you approaching from Drisp?

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

I'll say she made a wide circle (not sure what direction we were approaching from) and then approach from the South South-east. Getting line of site between the trees, but from as far as possible.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

"You seriously have to start listening to me. Here, be careful with that. Throw it in the tower if you have to, but I suspect we won't have a chance of surprising the four, um, rogue bandits when they come back and see burning watchtowers. We'll get them without fire."

Mornaura hands over the flask of alchemist's fire to Kaeso while she speaks. As she watches Drispeera's approach, her right hand holds her staff in a firm grip and her mien is somewhat tensed.


New map up, go ahead and make sure everyone likes the setup. Drisp's sleep is going off in the fabulously pink area when ready.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

"Lemme get around ahint 'em afore ya start anythin'," Bingo whispers. He will then attempt to sneak to M5 or wherever in that area he is still under cover. (He will pause to see if any one wants to stop him.)

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Edit: That could have gone better. :(

201 to 250 of 2,083 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Skull's Kingmaker Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.