Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Nel's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master CRobledo

From the depths of an untamed wilderness, bandits and monsters run rampant across the land. Do you have what it takes to conquer the lands and raise yourself up as King, Emperor and God?


751 to 800 of 2,081 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Can we search your hut for anything that might be useful in killing the Staglord? Or would that make you cranky even though you can't use it anymore?

Don't worry, Kaeso, the girls and I can do the planning and tell you when its time to use those nice muscles of yours. Women in charge-- the way nature intended.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

"Ya might wanna think twice 'bout takin' that sticker, Kaeso. Dead man's weapon can carry a steep price." warns Bingo.


Kaeso is kinda thick. He would take it anyway :P

Kaeso reaches out with his free hand, and Davik lets go of his ranseur. Kaeso grabs it for a second, and it dissolves into water, soaking his hands and his horse. Davik flashes him what seems to be a grin, and starts walking back to the river. Upon reaching the shore, he reaches into the river's waters and lifts up a new ranseur, identical copy of the one he had before. He turns his head back towards you.

"All my possessions...cursed... Only the Stag Lord'ssss body... breaks it... You have been... advised..." he seemed to hesitate at that last word.

He starts to walk towards the river, descending lower and lower as he steps in as if going down stairs, although you all know the river is not deep at all at the shore...

Mornaura:
Every time you try to pick anything up in the cabin, it turns into water, which a few seconds later slithers from the floor and up the furniture back to where the item was, and reforms.


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso looks down at his wet hands. "That. . . was . . . so . . . cool!"


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

"By the spirits of the ancients... that must've been the second strangest thing that ever happened to me."


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo looks at Mornaura, "What wuz the stran..., nevamind, Mornie, pretty sure I don' wanna know."

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Well, that was really impressive. I wanna learn how to do that... you don't have to hide anything in a trapped box, just make it so no one but you can pick it up... awesome!

Turns to Mornaura Well I do wanna know. What was the strangest thing that ever happened to you? Fess up.

And since we won't be getting any goodies here, I take it we're heading west? And does anyone know what a "sick-amore" tree looks like? I wouldn't even recognize a healthy one.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"Well... 'Tis neither the right time nor the right place for such a story," the witch tells Drispeera with a smirk. "Tis, however, the right time and place to tell you that you can rest assured I know what that kind of tree looks like."

Taking out the map and scribbling down the latest findings, she adds: "Oh, and I concur with you. The northern shore is here, so let's head west, look what else we can find on this side of the rivers before we approach that area."


Looming over all the hills in the northern Kamelands, a graying hulk of a sycamore tree clings precariously to its last years of life. The 100-foot-tall tree is a well-known landmark and is visible for miles around.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Do we want to check the tree, then explore the hexes to the south-east and south-west of it (well, whatever is on the northern side of the river) before we cross rickety bridge?


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

"Check it fer what, zackly, Mornie? The ghost said the Stag Lord wuz past the tree, not under it," Bingo says.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

That question is ooc... But I guess I'll edit it into something that makes sense to say ic before edit time runs out.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Well. Real-life intercepted me... Alright, let's just assume that's what happens:

"Do we want to check the tree, then explore the area between it and the river before we cross rickety bridge?"

Bingo Underbough wrote:
"Check it fer what, zackly, Mornie? The ghost said the Stag Lord wuz past the tree, not under it," Bingo says.

.

"Ah, don't know, maybe something's living on it. And maybe 'tis something that lets me talk to it."


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

"Alright, let's check it quick-like and get movin'," Bingo sighs as he searches around the tree.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

I'll be happy to get off Snow and walk for a bit anyway. Although, she is riding much more smoothly now. Thanks Kaeso.

So this is a Sick Amore tree? Yup, it does kinda look like its on its last... roots.

I guess we're still looking for fang berries, temples to Erastil, upset kobolds, as well as this Stag Lord, right? Quite a shopping list. What's the matter Bingo? You with Kaeso now, just looking for things to hit? Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

And personally, I'd like to gain another level before encountering the Stag Lord anyway.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

"Well,' says Bingo, "The charter duz say 'strive agin banditry', so I jest wanna git strivin'."


Bingo searches the area around the tree with Drispeera, but come up empty handed. There is nothing here but a very VERY old tree.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

"Tol' ya, itz just a tree."


Male Human Fighter 3

Yikes. 8 new posts? I need to check more often.

""It's a very old, very tall tree. Sure would be an easy way to scout out the area." Kaeso looks at Bingo the nimble, and says "Want a boost?"

Looking over at Hermia, he says, "Hey, you've been awfully quiet lately. You aren't mad at me or anything, are you?"


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo squints up at the top of the tree and sighs. "Ya do ken tha' I'm a halflin', we live in holes inna ground. Not a tree-hugger," he grumbles as he steps into Kaeso's hands and climbs up the old sick a more tree.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"There's 50 feet of rope on my pack horse - I'll get it for you if you want."

Meanwhile, Faron uses the break to fly up and hunt something to eat, a nice little rodent or a smaller bird.


Bingo makes his way to the top of the tree and surveys the land a bit. Shouting down from the tree and with Mornaura's help, he gets to see a few of the unexplored landmarks to the south, although he has no clue what they are at this distance.

Map update with some places now clearer. Undiscovered hexes with yellow dots means there IS something there, but you still have to go find out what it is.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

A fine view, Drispeera comments to Bingo's descending posterior. Strangely, it wasn't a question.

After Bingo updates their map, she looks at Mornie. For the sake of thoroughness, I presume we're going east? I woulda thought we'd have found those dangberrries by now.

It's hard to see how we'll get to the lake, to this Stag Lord, without crossing a river somewhere. Maybe the river to the west isn't guarded by soggy undead.


Drispeera D'Lith wrote:
It's hard to see how we'll get to the lake, to this Stag Lord, without crossing a river somewhere. Maybe the river to the west isn't guarded by soggy undead.

If it helps, Nettles was talking about the Shrike River as the one he doesn't like people crossing.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo sticks his tongue out at Dris. "Aye, east sounds good. There's summat by the river there. Can't quite make out whut."


As you travel eastwards again, you keep a look out for whatever Bingo saw in the distance. After a few miles riding, the path does lead to something interesting.

An outcropping of large boulders emerges from the weathered face of a nearby hillock. A narrow opening in the rock leads into darkness below. A fallen sign leans against the side of the cave entrance, and a cage made of branches and sticks sits on the other side. The fallen sign is weathered and bears a few faded words: "Oaktop Silver Mine."

A lone kobold stands watch here, crouched behind one of the big rocks at the cave entrance. He seems to be spacing out, and not paying attention to what is happening near him, as if trying to tune out the sobbing mite.


Male Human Fighter 3

Whispering: "Perhaps we should surround him before we confront him? I or Norn could come from the front, and Bingo could circle around him. In case Drispeera's fancy talk or my intimidation don't work. They might be the Sootscale group we heard about."

For all his love of fighting, I'd rather make peace. Unnecessary fighting is just butcher's work.


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

Norn has been practicing with a bow as the party travels around, shooting at increasingly distant logs and trees to help his accuracy.

He turns to Kaeso, "I am always up for the diplomatic route when possible. What is one kobold going to do against this many of us anyway?"

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4
GM Nel wrote:
A lone kobold stands watch here, crouched behind one of the big rocks at the cave entrance. He seems to be spacing out, and not paying attention to what is happening near him, as if trying to tune out the sobbing mite.

Who is the mite? Is he in the cage?

Drispeera saunters up to the solitary kobold from a direction that gives her teammates a clear shot if things go amiss. Mage Armor is definitely up.

Hey there! My friends and I were sent to try to help out some kobolds that are having trouble in this area. Know anyone that needs help? And is he the source of your trouble? -nods to the mite- He doesn't look like much.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Edit: Enh, but still, it wasn't a one.


Male Human Fighter 3

Ready to and charge with lance if the kobold gets hostile.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

As suggested, Bingo will circle around to one side.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Anything useful about Mites?
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Looking out for any signs of kobold traps or potential threats.

"Color me surprised. And pleasantly so," the witch says with a smirk, as her companions suggest taking a diplomatic approach.

Estimating that Bingo has better chances of getting into an advantageous position on his own, and that Kaeso looks like he gets ready to charge, Mornaura positions herself one or two steps behind Norn's right arm, and quietly urges him to slowly move forward, until the mine entrance (or at least the guard kobold) is within 30 feet.

Readying my slumber hex on anyone in range who tries to attack one of us.


Mites are probably the weakest of all fey. Kinda like the goblins of the fey world. They have minor resistances against metal except Cold Iron. They have large bulging eyes and don't like sunlight. They look like this

The mite is indeed inside the cage

The lone kobold jumps up upon Drispeera's greeting. He snags his spear and goes into a ready position, pointy end forward. Then he suddenly realizes that you are all not mites. With a surprised stare, he starts staring upwards, and upwards, until he finally meets Drispeera's eyes.

"UH WAIT! wait! I wanna talk! I not expect the big folk here, we only expect blue uglies. I am Nakpik, of the Sootscales. I want to ask big folk for help."


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso remembers when Norn and Drispeera went down like a bag of bricks in the battle with Kressle. "Don't need to lose anyone because we were too hasty to talk."

Have we lost Hermia?


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34
Quote:


Have we lost Hermia?

Seems like. Too bad. :(


"I wanna take big folk to meet Sootscale shaman. He has task big folk can help with."


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Mornaura says something in the elven tongue:
"Drispeera, as much as I favor diplomatic approaches, I'm not entirely convinced that it would be a great idea to go into a kobold mine... Maybe you can convince the kobold to bring his shaman up here?"

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

@Bingo-- The remark on Bingo's backside was meant as a compliment, not a jest. ;)

Taking Mornie's suggestion to heart, Drispeera replies, Sootscale kobolds? Good! We were looking for you. We came to help. Although, as you can see, not all blue things are ugly. Some are specatacular! She strikes a noble pose.

Now, about this shaman. Where is he? Big folk don't like to go underground. You should bring him here.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Again with the "2"? Still at least I shouldn't be picking my nose or anything. Or do kobolds like that?


"Me bring up? No no, only blue uglies up here. Uhhhh." the small kobold seems out of words and is flustered, not knowing how to appease the big folk. "Oh, I know! I show good faith. Look, I disarm intruder traps for you!"

The kobold walks back a few steps, and starts fiddling with the floor. He disarms three pit traps behind him, obviously meant to trap creatures tying to sneak in the lair. Afterwards, he comes back over, leaving his spear behind.

"Sootscales at war! Wanna recruit big folk. Help with blue uglies that kill Sootscales! Shaman and chief all inside! I no want to bring shaman up...shaman..." he seems a bit scared for a second "Shaman is scary! He gets angry quickly. He furious when blue uglies took our statue! Chief wants help to recover statue. I take you see chief instead! That better?"

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

What do you think? Shall we go and meet the scary shaman? Or the chief? Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 7 He seems honest to me. (:p)

Drispeera addresses the mite in the cage.

Sylvan:
So, who started this war? You or the lizards? Did you take their statue?


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

"Just bring them up here. This is neutral ground, perfect for negotiations, and besides, we're just going to bump our heads or step on something in your caverns."


"Hum, look... I can't go leave my post and this prisoner with you big folk here. How does Nakpik know you no spring my prisoner! Mite evil and needs he prisoner of war. You maybe trying to rescue him, but NAkpik not stoopid! You ether go with me, or go home!"


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso shrugs. "Look, how about I go down with you, and we bring the chief up? My companions wouldn't leave without me." He motions you all to agree.

He dismounts and walks towards the cave by Drispeera, whispering to her as he passes, in passable elvish: "That way, you can chat with the mite and get to the bottom of this without the guard being present. Oh. If they do something nefarious to me, you'll come get me, won't you?"

"Hey, Norn, can you loan me the glowing stone thing?


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

"I will go down with you. I am sure the ladies and Bingo can handle a caged mite. Besides, I am probably better at negotiations anyway."


"Hm, Nakpik try, but we see. I still think chief will be very angry with Nakpik for leaving blue ugly up here. But Nakpik know we need the big folk to get statue back. Come on, let's go then."


Male Human Fighter 3
Norn Sentor wrote:
"I will go down with you. I am sure the ladies and Bingo can handle a caged mite. Besides, I am probably better at negotiations anyway."

Kaeso grins: "You're right about that."

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Go ahead, we're fine here.

Any response from the mite?


The mite keeps sobbing in his cage, and shifting his eyes from Drispeera to the lock of the cage every few seconds. He doesn't seem to understand anything you are telling it.


Undercommon:
War is war, noone start. We took shiny statue. It was pretty and scaly folk liked it.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Would it be a Knowledge Nature or Arcana or Dungeoneering check to know more about the kobolds and mites? What I'm going for is a sense of which race is "more evil."

751 to 800 of 2,081 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Skull's Kingmaker Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.