Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Nel's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master CRobledo

From the depths of an untamed wilderness, bandits and monsters run rampant across the land. Do you have what it takes to conquer the lands and raise yourself up as King, Emperor and God?


601 to 650 of 2,083 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 3
GM Nel wrote:

The boar turns to face the foe who stabbed it, sneering and growling at Kaeso before attempting to gore him.

ATK: 1d20+8
dmg: 2d6+9

I think that hits Kaeso with no shield on

Kaeso is badly hurt and staggeres

I think at this point Hermia would choose to come in earlier and heal now so Kaeso is not staggered on his own turn

I think it actually doesn't hit me, if my calculations are correct:

DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17. . (+5 armor, +2 shield, +3 Dex)
hp 12 (1d10+1)

That would be 18 without the shield, but 20 with the lovely Hermia's aid.

In any case, ouch!


Good call Hermia. Should have put that on his initaitive tracker. The boar indeed misses then.

Kaeso, go ahead.

Round 2:
BBEG (-10 hp)
Kaeso (+2 AC) <--
Hermia (channeling for 6HP)
Mornaura
Bingo
Drispeera (casting sleep)

On delay:
Norn (-17 hp)


Male Human Fighter 3

Whoa. I think I saw my life flashing before my eyes.

Kaeso thrusts deep into the boar.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Does Hermia's aid still count? Then add +2.
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

He then steps back the 5' or so towards his warhammer and shield. If there's a pause in the action, he thinks he'd better get the shield.


The boar takes Kaeso's spear once again.

Hermia steps up and selectively channels 6 hp to everyone but the boar.

Round 2:
BBEG (-23 hp)
Kaeso (+2 AC)
Hermia
Mornaura <--
Bingo
Drispeera (casting sleep)

On delay:
Norn (-11 hp)

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

When Sleep goes off, can I adjust targeting to account for movement?


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

"Norn, are you back on our side of the veil? Take this and get up!"

With that, Mornaura hands Norn her potion of Cure Light Wounds.

Hrm, move action to get it out the backpack, move action to give it to him, right?


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo dashes in behind the boar and slashes with his sword.

Shortsword 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Sneak attack damage (if appkicable) 1d6 ⇒ 4


@Drisp yeah, you may indeed. I rolled the Will save already for it. I had a post before and deleted it when I realized sleep was a round cast.

Bingo swipes with his short sword, but fails to go through the animal's thick hide.

Drispeera casts sleep near the beat, who desperately tries to stay awake but finally falls to the arcane energies of Drispeera's magic.

Norn is indeed conscious.

Round 3:
BBEG (asleep, -10 hp)
Kaeso (+2 AC) <--
Hermia (channeling for 6HP)
Mornaura
Bingo
Drispeera (casting sleep)

On delay:
Norn (-11 hp)


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

Norn will come back in since the beast cant AOO him

These ladies, jeez.

Norn gets up while holding his side where he got gored.

"Thanks Mornaura, though if the beast has fallen we can take a second to let Hermia work her charm before we finish all our potions. I think it's time we put this beast out of its misery. Either Kaeso or I should do the honors as I think we would be the ones to deal the biggest killing blow. I don't want it to suffer on it's way out."

Norn moves back a bit, behind Kaeso.


Male Human Fighter 3

I'm not too sure how CDG works--if I do it wrong, just fix it--I'm away from home on a limited wifi account.

Kaeso takes aim with the lance to put the beast out of Norn's misery.

Automatic hit, right?

Critical confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Is Hermia still helping? Then +2.

The lance is damagex3 on a critical hit.

1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Total 26 damage.


You got it right, for CDG you hit AND automatically crit. Now the boar needs to make Fort save of DC 10+damage dealt or die.

boar fort save (DC 36): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

The boar, skewered by Kaeso's lance, falls lifeless to the ground.

Upon further inspection, you recognize this beast not as a boar, but as a Daeodon, known more commonly as a Dire Boar. People usually pay a lot of money for its skin and its head as a prized trophy.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

"Alright Norn. Didn't know wether you'd be able to stand on your own feet or if you'd like to have a drink first," the witch says while watching Kaeso finish the beast.

"So... um... Has anyone ever tried making bacon from Daeodon meat? Or do we just take its head and hide?"

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Drispeera stares at the huge mound of boar flesh and turns slightly green(or is it turquoise?).I have to admit that I'm already a little tired of bacon. Still... there are a lot of hungry guards back at Oleg's, and I haven't seen them do much farming. We'd probably better take back as much as we can carry, and Hermia can keep um, fresh. Drispeera's green palor increases. Pardon me... She runs quickly to relieve herself of the earlier portions of boar and turnip stew.


Female Human Cleric 1

"Not like to be a comfortable place to rest in, this creature's den," Hermia muses as she tends to Norn's wounds. If she notices Dispeera's plight, she makes no effort to acknowledge the elven woman at all. "I would that we were in camp before I expend my healing for the day," she opines. "If we're to travel again, being without is ill advised."

Hermia Channels Energy (02) 1d6 ⇒ 6, and (03)1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo offers Dris some water from his water bottle, then proceeds to butcher the boar, wrapping the head in the hide and placing it to one side. He offers the heart to Kaeso.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Drispeera gives Bingo an appreciative smile. When he's not playing the rake, he's actually quite thoughtful.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Going to a family reunion for the next week. I'll check in when I can but go ahead if you need to. Generally Drispeera would like to go back to Oleg's and rest, regain spells, and drop off the turnips and boar meat. After that, she would like to follow up on a clue that takes them forward on a paying quest.


Is the consensus to take the boar back to Oleg's for now?


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Sounds good to me.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

I agree. I think we (or better our horses) are pretty packed right now with turnips, boar and daeodon. We'd probably not get thaaaaat far with all the stuff, or end up eating it all. ;)

However, seeing that we are one hex southwest of the thorn camp right now (did we explore that already? if not, let's do that first, now that we're here anyway), I'd vote for not taking the direct way back, but to go around those two already known hexes, either to the west or the east, and "explore our way back" (as we're here to explore, after all, not to move back and forth through known terrain).

Realistically, Mornaura would vote for the east, because travelling with all those horses might be easier on the fields and plains rather than through the forest.

So, my/Mornaura's idea of a route back: (explore the hex we're in if necessary), explore the hex to the east (the one where the river leaves the forest, then the two to the northeast from there (following the edge of the forest), and then move that last hex northwest to get back to Oleg's.

Thoughts? Yes/no votes? ^^


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Sounds like a plan.


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso looks down at the boar's heart. Beef heart he's eaten, but boar? My mother could have made something good out of this.

"Shouldn't we let the ladies, er, recharge or something before we travel? Don't you all have to study or commune with the gods or something? We could rest here for a bit if you like. Although I would like to get back to Oleg's. I think I might want to get a bit better armor, if I can afford it. He looks at Norn's wounds, and thinks that if he's going to be a meat shield, he had better be a tought meat shield.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

I think exploring our way back is a fine plan, since that's one of the things we've agreed to do. But chances are if we take the roundabout way back that we'll run into something. -sigh- So lets find somewhere here to rest and recharge like good Kaeso suggests.

Drispeera cleans herself up with prestidigitation, and offers to do the same for anyone else that wants.


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

"Agreed. Let us camp the night here, let our spellcasters meditate and regain their spells, as well as allowing Hermia and myself to do our prayers. Hopefully Hermia can finish patching me up today, and we will all be ready to travel again tomorrow."

"With the size of the beast that inhabited this place, we can be pretty sure we should be safe at his home. I doubt other denizens of the forest got anywhere close to here."


The night goes uneventfully, and morning rises. It's a warm early Spring day today, with no obvious signs of rain coming later this morn.

I uploaded a new map of the greenbelt, you can use to navigate. All the hexes cleared are the explored ones.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo goes over the map with Mornaura and suggests, "We oughta head east, crost this river here then nor'east a bit til we gits close to Oleg's."


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

"That's exactly what I had in mind, too, Bingo," the witch answers, nodding in agreement.

"If we're finished with breakfast and praying, let's get moving, shall we?"


You travel through the wilderness eastwards.

GM rolls:

travel 1d100 ⇒ 97
explore 1d100 ⇒ 25

2 hours pass without too much trouble, and you start to explore the next area on the map in order to get the lay of the land and build the map requested by your charter.

No large structures are in this area, but the Thorn River winds through a 20-foot-deep gulch here between a pair of hills. An old wooden bridge spans the gulch, allowing passage over the river provided that not many attempt it at once. With the help of your adept Survivalists in the group, you can determine that anything more than a single Large creature crossing the bridge at a time would possibly cause it to collapse. By dismounting, sending one person over, then the horses one by one, etc... everyone is able to cross without too much trouble.

Besides this somewhat exciting development, this area is mostly empty of hostile wild life.

The night draws in, and after a nice camp overnight, the morning comes again. Cloudier than yesterday, but all the clouds are white as snow, looking like a good day to travel.


Female Human Cleric 1

GM Nel, Norn:

Hermia's remaining channels 04, 1d6 ⇒ 6 and 05 1d6 ⇒ 6

Sorry about my absence, temporary lack of higher/abstract cognitive function.

At camp, Hermia does her best to make herself accessible to the faithful, equally, and in the morning she rises early to do her chores and her prayers. Aside from healing and ministering, this seems to be her routine, if one can be established at camp, although the second morning she cheats somewhat, using her spells, her bowl and a cloth to wash her face, neck, arms and legs before the journey, and finally her hair before placing it in two thick plaits on either side of her head.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34
Hermia Robin wrote:
At camp, Hermia does her best to make herself accessible to the faithful, equally, and in the morning she rises early to do her chores and her prayers. Aside from healing and ministering, this seems to be her routine, if one can be established at camp, although the second morning she cheats somewhat, using her spells, her bowl and a cloth to wash her face, neck, arms and legs before the journey, and finally her hair before placing it in two thick plaits on either side of her head.

"Iffen ya need a hand washing yer back, darlin', I'm ready to help," whispers a grinning Bingo in Hermia's ear before he slips into the woods to gather some breakfast.


Male Human Fighter 3

Watching the halfling gad about with the ladies, Kaeso chuckles to himself. He can't help wondering about proportions related to body height.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34
Kaeso the Human Fighter wrote:

Watching the halfling gad about with the ladies, Kaeso chuckles to himself. He can't help wondering about proportions related to body height.

Bingo winks at Kaeso as he goes a'hunting.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Bingo comes back into camp with his cap full of berries. He hands them around as a morning snack, then mounts Fern and says, "C'mon, ladies and gints, get yer asses movin'. We're burnin' daylight." He heads out to the northeast.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Happy to be headed back towards Olegs, Drispeera climbs back on her horse. Let's go!


Male Human Fighter 3

"Never thought I'd see you happy to get on a horse, Drispeera!"

Kaeso wants to go armor shopping, and eagerly saddles up.


Female Human Cleric 1

Hermia flushes and stares after Bingo's exit, uncertain what her response should be. Teasing and flirting were well enough, but she has not been alone with a man who was not a priest in all her life. She realizes she must look a fright, immobile and perturbed, and picks herself up, smiling nervously at the party before she begins packing her meager few things back into her bag.

Still ill at ease with the animal in general, Hermia clambers atop her mount and spends several embarrassing moments sorting out her posture to avoid saddle sores and lower back aches. She is in no particular hurry to meet with Jhod again, but she remains silent on that point, content to be returning to a structure that facilitated community.


You travel through the wilderness northward.

GM rolls:

travel 1d100 ⇒ 76
explore 1d100 ⇒ 99

You explore the area, which is much more open now that you are out of the forest proper. Vast tracts of land fill this area, with large hills and a few sharp cliff edges around.

Perception 15:
Some very nice birds are singing above in the sky.

Perception 20:
A particularly rocky crag rises from the hills here. At the crag’s base is an overgrown 5-foot-wide crack.

Perception 25:
Nothing else seems of interest.

Not much else catches your eye.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Perception Mornaura: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

After hours and hours of uneventful and, apart from the occasional snarky comment or thoughtful mumbling, mostly quiet riding through the boonies, and finding almost nothing worth adding to the map, Mornaura seems eager to have something to do. Straightening up in the saddle, her face lights up as she points up to the crag.

"Hey, that sure looks like a nice vantage point. Let's try to get up there, shall we? Maybe we can see some interesting landmarks that we can add to our map, or possible expedition destinations. It could certainly give us an advantage in planning further exploration trips!"

With that, the witch turns her horse and rides up the hill, to take a closer look at the crag and plan her way up.


With Mornaura pointing it out, anyone can open the 15 and the 20 Perception spoilers

Getting closer to the crag, it is now apparent to Mornaura that there is some sort of natural cave or something similar in the crack. The hill it's under is not that high.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Drispeera somewhat recklessly dismounts and peers into the cave, glad to have something to break up the monotony.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Inside the crack, you can easily see that it leads down 20 feet to a 30-foot-diameter cave. The cave wall directly across from the entrance sparkles slightly.

Detect Magic:
Wall is not magical.

Appraise or Knowledge(dungeoneering) 20:
You recognize this as a vein of gold. Indeed, this cave can be transformed into a healthy gold mine with the proper time and equipment.

You can tell this cave formation is quite recent. A recent earthquake or some similar geographical event must have exposed the crack within the last year. The rest of the cave is empty.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Drispeera casts Detect Magic. And then yells to everyone Hey there's something sparkly in there! And its not magical. Hey Bingo, do you think it could be something...valuable? Drispeera's eyes glitter almost as much as whatever's in the cave.


Male Human Fighter 3

"Did I mention I wanted to go armor-shopping?" Kaeso dismounts and gets his bow ready in case something comes running out of the cave.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

"All that glitters is not gold, Dris, but yer odds are better than not glittery," laughs Bingo. He dismounts, draws his sword and joins Dris by the cave. "Follow me." He heads cautiously into the cave.


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

Appraise: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Whoo!


Nothing else seems out of the ordinary in here.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Appraise 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Bingo doesn't notice anything as he prowls about the cave.


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

"I guess something to note on our map to come back to? Maybe we can employ an expert who know more of these things?"

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

This part, right here. Can't you see how sparkly it is? Maybe you can't see in the dim light. Presumably someone has a torch, and Drispeera will bring it closer.

What kind of rock is this, right here?
Drispeera will either do an appraise herself or Aid another, depending on which would be most effective.
1d20 ⇒ 12
(Does the previous natural 20 on perception help?)

Frustrated, Drispeera will try to find a loose sample of the glittery rock to take back to Oleg's with them, for someone to evaluate later. (If no one else makes their checks.)


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Oh, to be a dwarf!

601 to 650 of 2,083 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Skull's Kingmaker Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.