Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Nel's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master CRobledo

From the depths of an untamed wilderness, bandits and monsters run rampant across the land. Do you have what it takes to conquer the lands and raise yourself up as King, Emperor and God?


501 to 550 of 2,083 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Yup. Moon-radish soaked kobold-flavored boar! Yum!


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34
Mornaura wrote:

"Bingo? That's northeast you're heading."

:P

Bingo bows to Mornaura,"Thank'ee, milady!" He very carefully turns himself 180 degrees and tries again.

Tracking 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Well, you ride one hex south west. Takes you only 2 hours of travel.

gm rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 23

You are now at the same hex where the bandit camp was. You can give me another survival check now to track the beast.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Well, we'd better be close to that giant pig already. Otherwise, we're just running in circles accomplishing nothing.

Aid Another (survival): 1d20 ⇒ 14


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

After you said we could follow the tracks one hex southwest and track again if the beast isn't there, I already gave you the checks, didn't I? ;)


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Tracking 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26

Bingo finds a fairly fresh pile of droppings and bent branches indicating something passed here recently.


The beast is indeed not in this hex, and the tracks continue on South west again.

gm rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 69

Your travel to the next hex is uneventful.

No landmark on this hex. Would you like to explore it?


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

I think we should.

Tracking 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Female Human Cleric 1

Hermia not unlike her jet lagged player seems to be staggered by the flurry of activity from her seemingly professional adventuring company. She tries to keep her horse between Dispeera and Mornaura for the most, and quiet while the others dictate their path. A leader of none, Hermia feels she has little to contribute to her more experienced party members, but if asked will offer advice.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

I'd say follow the beast as long as the tracks lead us and explore afterwards (and note down everything we stumble upon), to avoid having to search for the track again later.

In any case, here are my rolls
Perception Mornaura: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 - Oh, Drispeera was right, there really are bunnies around here!
Perception Faron: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 +2 for anyone helping again, please?

"Well... The bad thing is, we have to follow the beast into unknown territory if we're still after tasty bacon, but the good thing is, sooner or later we'd have to explore that area anyway."


Male Human Fighter 3

Survival help: 1d20 ⇒ 18

"Come on, isn't riding fun?


Exploration!

gm rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 15 = encounter!
Forest Hex
1d100 ⇒ 7
1d4 ⇒ 4 boars!

As you explore around the area, you find an open glade. A few yards away from you, you see a small pack of wild boars, 4 in total. They snort and sniffle, and turn around to face you. they looks pretty ill-tempered...


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

"Looks like we get more bacon than we thought."

Great. I told Faron to look out and warn me, and we just stumble upon a whole pack of boars... What by the spirits is he doing again? Chasing squirrels, I bet... Stupid chicken. Gonna put him on a leash after this.

Oh, nice, a mounted combat encounter. Initiative, yes? 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4
Kaeso the Human Fighter wrote:
Come on, isn't riding fun?

Drispeera shoots Kaeso a wry look, and moans as she slowly climbs back onto her horse. Maybe it isn't too late to take the old geezer up on his offer of marriage. I could be riding palaquins to the market place instead of... this.

Upon seeing 4! boars, Drispeera immediately casts Sleep. Maybe one of them will stay awake and play with you, Kaeso.

DC18, 6HD


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Well, if its cool with everyone I'd like to say noone is mounted (unless you tell me otherwise) when we find an encounter. Makes it easier on me and hopefully you as well.

Initiatives:

Kaeso: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Drispeera: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Mornaura: 13
Bingo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Norn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Hermia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
BBEG: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Round 1:
Bingo <--
Hermia
Boars
Kaeso
Norn
Mornaura
Drispeera


aaaaand map is up


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34
GM Nel wrote:

Well, if its cool with everyone I'd like to say noone is mounted (unless you tell me otherwise) when we find an encounter. Makes it easier on me and hopefully you as well.

Fine with me, since Bingo was tracking he'd have to be off his horse mostly anyway. Kaeso would probably want to be mounted to use his lance, though.

Bingo grabs his bow and shoots the boar at H11.

Shortbow 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 2 = 12
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1


12 will miss, even flat footed

Round 1:
Bingo
Hermia <--
Boars
Kaeso
Norn
Mornaura
Drispeera


Male Human Fighter 3

Mounted Combat! Hooray! I'm sitting here in a hotel bar in Buffalo, NY, so I don't know when next I will be able to post. Here's what Kaeso wants to do, and some dice rolls. I'm new to these rules, so let me know what I did wrong, and adjust as necessary--I won't be offended.

After the delightful Hermia makes her move, and the boars make theirs, assuming that the strategic situation hasn't changed so much to make this ridiculous, Kaeso will:

Charge the nearest boar. Ride Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17. He then attacks, with his trusty lance: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15. Damage is double if he hits, so damage= 2 x 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12. Then, using the ride-by attack feat, he continues onward away from the boar, avoiding an attack of opportunity, and circles around to go again.

I hope that's all correct. My rulebooks are back home. Hermia, I'm not meaning to step on your toes. I just might not get a chance to post again until tomorrow night. GM Nel, feel free to ignore or adjust this as you see fit. I probably messed something up.


Round 1:
Bingo
Hermia <--
Boars
Kaeso (will b'charging s'me boars)
Norn
Mornaura
Drispeera


Female Human Cleric 1

No problem, been a bit under the weather all day. Hope I'm not getting a delayed reaction to something I caught on one of my flights

No hunter, Hermia is uncertain about the use of antagonizing a family of boars, but seeing their foul tempers, she is quick to react.

"Good Lord of the Hunt, Old Deadeye, lend your favor to these men and women whom look to you, in this our hour of need," Hermia prays, and casts Bless imbuing her allies with a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

And while we're at it, Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 vs. Boar CR


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34
Hermia Robin wrote:

"Good Lord of the Hunt, Old Deadeye, lend your favor to these men and women whom look to you, in this our hour of need," Hermia prays, and casts Bless imbuing her allies with a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

So Kaeso's 15 becomes a 16. Whoo hoo!


I think he also forgot the +2 from charge?


The boars move up, one charging Bingo and one walking up to Kaeso. The other two double-move.

Boar 2
Atk 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
dmg 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The boar misses goring Bingo by just a smidge!

Boar 4
ATK 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
dmg 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The second boar misses Kaeso's horse!

Kaeso swings at the closes boar with his lance, and lands a solid blow.

Round 1:
Bingo
Hermia
Boars
Kaeso
Norn <--
Mornaura
Drispeera

Enemies:
Boar 1
Boar 2 (-2 AC)
Boar 3
Boar 4 (-12 HP)


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

"Bingo, my friend, look out. You have some hams on you!"

Norn charges the boar that charged bingo, taking out his Falchion as part of his move.

atk: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14
dmg: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 = 9
crit dmg: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 6 = 11


The boar is turned into bacon by Norn's slice! so many crits... I guess it's what he does... go go falchion

Round 1:
Bingo
Hermia
Boars
Kaeso
Norn
Mornaura <--
Drispeera

Enemies:
Boar 1
Boar 2 (dead)
Boar 3
Boar 4 (-12 HP)


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

"I try to take out Bingo's new pet!", Mornaura shouts when she realizes that the Boar had almost impaled Bingo. She raises her sickle above her head, then calls forth the magic of the spirits and tries to slumber hex the boar in front of him.

"I want a 'transform boar into bacon' spell... and I'm not talking about a fireball."

Will save DC 15 to negate, otherwise it sleeps until right before Mornaura's next turn.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

This time you and I are in complete agreement. I've heard of a wall of blades spell that would be just right for thinly sliced boar.

Sighing dreamily, Drispeera casts Sleep on the intersection of F/G 7/8, hoping to catch the last two boars, but not the charging Kaeso. DC18, 6 HD, 10' radius.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

I forgot to add the knowledge nature check. Since it's "not an action", I hope it's okay if I make it now: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Okay, what's to know about boars... apart from the best cooking recipes?

@Dris: How'd you get a DC 18 at level 1? That's brutal.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Specialized in Enchantment. +2 Enchantment, +5 Cha, +1 Spell level. My blasting will always be meh, but enchanting is my game-- even it doesn't seem that way at times... lol


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo pulls his shortsword and stabs at the boar in front of him. (D4)

Shortsword 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Crit confirm 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
Crit damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

He then takes a 5 foot step to his right. (D3)


Mornaura: These are Boars, regular. you get like 3 questions.

Boar save for Mornaura's: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Boar save for Dris's: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Boar save for Dris's: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Boar 4 makes it and stays awake.

I'm going to assume Bingo went over to F5 to the last boar that was awake

Bingo makes a nasty wound on the boar, it looks like it's on its last legs.

Round 2:
Bingo
Hermia <--
Boars
Kaeso
Norn
Mornaura
Drispeera

Enemies:
Boar 1 (sleep)
Boar 2 (dead)
Boar 3 (sleep)
Boar 4 (-16 HP)


Female Human Cleric 1

Seeing that the tide of the battle is clearly in their favor, Hermia takes a move action to mount her horse, and speaks to the others.

"There is already more meat on the ground than we are likely to have any use for," she says. "Kaeso, Norn, assist Bingo, and let us be away before those unfortunate creatures wake. Old Deadeye is Lord of the Hunt, not senseless slaughter."

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Upon hearing Hermia, Drispeera heaves a heavy sigh. It seems I still have not mastered the rules of this place. I thought we were finally going to vanquish a foe, not just chase it around and nip at its heels. I thought the point of chasing the boars was that they devasted a kobold village without a scratch, and could just as easily do the same to a village of humans. I believed all the talk of bacon was just to make the endless chaffing of our saddles endurable.


The last boar, not liking his chances and having lost his pack, decides to retreat.

Withdraw Action, he is now 80ft south from where he was.

Round 2:
Bingo
Hermia
Boars
Kaeso <--
Norn
Mornaura
Drispeera

Enemies:
Boar 1 (sleep)
Boar 2 (dead)
Boar 3 (sleep)
Boar 4 (-16 HP, fleeing)


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Folks... The boar Mornaura hexed only sleeps for one round. Until right before her next turn, to be exact. Would've made sense for Bingo to CdG it - yes, this time a CdG would have made sense, since he didn't have to move and he'd even get free sneak attack, plus it's no intelligent enemy and the sleep is limited.
But I just wanted to clarify - by all means, do whatever you like. ^^


Bingo is welcome to CGD instead. It would not change the last boar's action.


Female Human Cleric 1

Hermia raises an eyebrow. "One kobold equals a village? I am unawares of a village of humans in this region. As I understood it, we are meant to found a community here, and I should think when we do, we will be careful to protect those who wish to build with us from stray boar attacks," Hermia answers diplomatically.


Now having had a bit more time to examine these creatures, Mornaura notices that these are medium-sized boars. At the radish patch, the tracks there must have been made by at least a Large sized creature...

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Check back through the dialogue about looking for the remaining kobolds. They didn't go anywhere because the boars killed and ate them all. Messages 499 and 500 in particular. Although, from the GM's last post, these may not be the boars that did the deed...

Drispeera is trying hard to be a good sport, but can't help but give a heavy sigh. More running around. More getting saddlesore. Less doing anything that was actually on our charter... or actually gives us money.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

"Let's jest leave 'em be and git on wit' explorin'. These is jest reglar lil piggies, iffen we keep outta their way, we oughta be okay," Bingo says, fading back into the bushes.


Male Human Fighter 3

Poking my head in during my travels--11 hours on the road tomorrow

Kaeso looks around the group, unsure of what to do. It's just an animal, after all, and he's slaughtered plenty before. What's the big deal?

Finally, he shrugs and says "Whatever you say, Bingo. Any chance we can find tracks of the big one?"


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Bingo, have you CdG'd boar 1 or is it awaking again now behind you?

"Are you serious? That boar is severely wounded... Letting it flee now means it will probably painfully bleed to death later."


You can deal with the boar to your convenience, progressing story a bit in the meantime. Boar will flee and run away if not CDGd since it's pack is gone too.

After a few hours exploring the surrounding areas, Mornaura and Bingo are able to find and track the larger boar tracks that seem to correspond to the larger boar that may have attacked the kobolds.

Following the tracks (and exploring the hex) reveals a pretty large den on the side of a rolling foothill. Faron is taking a look around from up high, but reports to his mistress that he sees no movement in the area currently.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

If no one else does it, Drispeera will CDG the final sleeping boar.

That's two dead and two fled. Is that balance enough, for the one that nearly killed Bingo? Can we say that we were able to quickly preserve the meat? And can you show us where we are on the hex map... where are we exploring?

Drispeera will quickly detect magic on the den.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Good you mention it, Dris. Boar meat perishes quickly.
Hermia, you offered to preserve the radishes earlier - can you do the same with two boars?

Re: the den, the last tracks on the entrance seem to lead into it, right?

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"So... any volunteers to go into that den?"
Mornaura turns around to look at her companions, half smirking.

"Okay, seriously, I'd propose we make camp here. We could put some pointy stakes in front of the den, make a nice fire, and wait if that beast wants to come out or if it wants to be smoked. We could take the time to prepare the boar meat so that Hermia doesn't have to use her magic all the time, check the area for additional exits, and generally rest from a whole day on horseback. What do you say?"


The party takes a few minutes to collect some of the boar meat, which could serve as a replacement meal to rations for sure.

Mornaura, you find tracks into and out of the den, going in plenty of directions. You can't tell which ones are the freshest, maybe with a little aid?


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Bingo examines the ground outside the den.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Aid Survival:1d20 ⇒ 15

Well, I know for sure theres nothing magical in there right now. (right, with detect magic?) Other than that, I dunno.

Once you know for sure that he's actually in there, and not wandering about, I can cast my last sleep spell of the day on the area, and hope he succumbs.

Drispeera sits back down and resumes eating her boar and turnip stew.

501 to 550 of 2,083 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Skull's Kingmaker Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.