Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Nayr's Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Nayr Trebrot


201 to 250 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

If Vlad notices Ionacu searching around he waves him over
Come, this is what I have found so far He then indicates what bodies have already been gone through. Those piled at the end of the streets have already been searched. Lets work together to get this grisly task over with.


Male Human Rogue 1

Great. Getting anything interesting's going to be harder with him looking over my shoulder. Of course, if he's showing me what he's found so far, maybe that'll be worth it.

"Sure," Ionacu replies, walking toward the swordsman. "The more hands the merrier."


The goblins look at both Duru and Ethan without concern, their faces showing confusion. Then, they snort and snicker with laughter amongst themselves at the interrogation. They've little to say except to insult their captors and giggle with glee.

The bodies quickly grow into a macabre pile, and the stench soon becomes nearly overwhelming. Still, Vladislav and Ionacu manage to create quite a pile of goods that may be useful as they throw out the random goblin trinket like dried ears, dog tongues, and necklaces of teeth.

I'm assuming that you're not pilfering from any deceased townsfolk; let me know if otherwise. Note that everything is sized for a small creature, and many of the items are of somewhat questionable durability.

findings:
Small wooden shield
Masterwork Horsechopper (goblin-made halberd)
67 arrows
4 small bows
2 small sets of studded leather
6 small sets of leather
Whip
15 dogslicers (goblin-made short sword)
1 short sword
37 GP
1 Potion, CLW


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

When the task has been completed Vlad carefully counts the items. He then turns to Ionacu, and any of the others nearby. As none of us are small enough to use this equipment, perhaps we can sell it to the local smith to melt down and reuse...


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan looks at the giggling little monsters with disgust.

"Your vile actions and the absence of remorse within your blackened, polluted souls leaves me with the solemn duty to mark you for your crimes, and hand you over to the people you have wronged for punishment!

Ethan touches each of the goblins on the forehead in turn (casts brand) and inscribes a single word on the head of each in turn: Murder, Mayhem, Arson, and Assault. The words burn into the goblins' skin, eliciting cries of pain.


Male Human Rogue 1

Ionacu gives a shrug. "Sure," he says. "I'm all for getting a little coin in return for this cut. I need a new shirt now, after all."


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

I have a needle and thread! Vlad says laughing. You should save the coin


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

"So, find yourselves marked for death. I offer one last chance to speak, and perhaps, earn some amount of mercy. Who sent you? Why did you attack the town?"

Trait ability: Patient optimist (Diplomacy re-roll)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Human Rogue 1

"Perhaps I will. So how does a tailor end up with a sword like that?" Ionacu asks the big man, with an ingratiating smile.

And more importantly, do you know how to use it. Always best to not get on the wrong end of one of those things.


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

I'd make for a poor tailor. Vlad replies amused by the thought. It's good to make modest repairs and sew up wounds in a pinch. What of you? What is it that you do for a living? he asks quickly turning to conversation back to Ionacu. Surely you are not from such a little place with so little money. He states rather than asks.


Male Human Rogue 1

A horrified look crosses Ionacu's face. "I'm certainly not from here," he exclaims. "You could say I'm ... exploring my options, I suppose. Seeing what the world has to hold. I just may be ... stuck ... here for a time."

And work for a living? I think I'd rather stay in Sandpoint for the rest of my life than have to do that, he thinks to himself.


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Vladislav heaves another stinking goblin onto the pile.I figured as much. You don't have the mannerisms of the common folk. He then crosses the street, takes a seat on a overturned crate, and pulls a corn cob pipe and tabacco from his belt pouch. Come friend take a rest He then strikes a tinderwig and lights the tobacco. The air fills with the comforting aroma of his pipe.


Male Human Rogue 1

"Talked me into it, friend. Resting is one of my favorite things to do. I take it you're also not from Sandpoint? How'd you end up here?"


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

After working closely with Duru helping to heal several injured or frightened townsfolk, he shakes his head in disbelief.

Duru, ya continue t'amaze me with yer actions. I'm beginnin' t'think that I'll be suspendin' my hatred fer yer kind. Just fer you, mind ya. How'd ya come t'be so different?


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Vlad takes a long draw on his pipe and leans back. No, I am not from here he says, smoke blowing out his nose as he talks. My "family" resides in Restov. There is nothing there for me so when I graduated from the fighting school I left. Chance alone brings me here. Pipe clenched in his teeth Vlad pulls a flask from his vest, uncorks it and takes a long swig. He then hands it to Ionacu. How about yourself? What brings you to this place?


Your efforts in the aftermath of the battle are widely noticed among the townsfolk, who yield acceptance (though grudgingly) even to Duru. Father Zantus works alongside you throughout the night, and his gratitude is evident even though he can barely stand upright before everyone who can be helped has been helped. He finds you at the end of the work and sits down with a heavy sigh.

The gratitude of these folks, and myself, is hard to impress upon you, my friends. Know, though, that you're always welcome here in the cathedral and, I'm sure, in Sandpoint itself. I don't mean to be forward, but are you staying in town? I'd hate to think that tonight's incident would give you ill feelings about Sandpoint. Also, your presence would be a great boon to the fine folks trying to mend their wounds from this night.

Assuming that the Father says this before Vlad and Ionacu go their own way, so its safe to figure that everyone is present.

The goblins shriek out in pain - both real and imagined - as the brands are placed upon them.

goblin:
We just told to kill everyone and burn down town! One of you longshanks sent us while he on secret mission!


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

"Friend Duru, do you understand them? What are they saying?" Ethan says, pointing at the shrieking goblins.


"If I'm not mistaken...they're claiming that a human ordered them to burn down the town." Aleister turns his attention toward Father Dantus. "I can't say how long I plan to stay but would be grateful for any hospitality. I'm embarrassed to say I've fallen on some hard times as of late."

Aditionally there seems to be more to this raid than meets the eye. My curiosity is encouraging me to see this through."


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Duru, ya oughta' get some more outta' 'em afore I butcher 'em.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

"A human?? Man or woman? Old? Young? Fat? Thin? We need a description of the fiend that would hatch such a vile plot!"

Ethan looks back and forth from Aleister to Duru, hoping one of them will obtain the answers from their captives.


Male Human Rogue 1

Ionacu shrugs resignedly at Aleister's words to the priest. Great, not only crazy, but broke. Guess I won't be getting anything out of him after all.

"I think I'm stuck here," he says with a shrug after Aleister's words. It's clear the idea doesn't thrill him.

With the goblins:
"Wow, you really have to be some sort of sick twist to favor goblins over your own kind. I've seen some low things in my life, but that may be a new one," Ionacu says, his voice far from its usual slightly-laughing tone.


Father Zantus nods quickly. Of course, my friend - there is always a place for you here, and I'm sure that the town would gladly accept your help in discovering what motivated these little creatures to attack us. You should seek out the sheriff soon...tonight or in the morning even, and he could surely share what information he has. Just don't let his...severe nature put you off; he has the town's best interests at heart.

The goblins look from Ethan to Aleister and Duru, then back. They quite obviously have a healthy fear of Ethan and his potent brands. Seeming to pick up on some of the words, they speak to Aleister.

goblin:
Not know...all you longshanks look the same. Was a man, though...they said he was going to visit the dead...err...something.


Hobgoblin

Duru stands with Aleister as the goblins plead their case. "They say it was a man, going to visit the dead something or other? Does this make any sense to you, Father Zantus, where would the dead be laid to rest around here? If the raid was a distraction, then I fear it was successful, we've spent the day dealing with the wounded."

Duru turns back to the goblins, speaking their language.

Goblin:
"Tell us what you can of this man, what was the cut of his hair, the color of his eyes, did he have scars, what kinds of clothes, what height, fat, skinny, tan, pale? Pick the features from among us that match him, or my friend here will keep using the brands, and he likes fire just as much as any goblin."

Duru grins, this time not caring if the lettuce in his teeth is showing.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

"Father Zantas, does Sandpoint have a cemetery, or catacombs nearby? Where are those who have passed on laid to rest?"

Ethan seems genuinely concerned.


The goblins look at each other as if each waited for the other to respond. One looks up at Duru, then glances aside at Ethan with undisguised fear.

goblin:
No see such things...just another longshanks

Abstalar winces and glances about in sudden worry. Well...my, of course. There's the cemetery directly behind the cathedral there - many call it the Boneyard. It is managed by a man named Naffer Vosk...come to think of it, I didn't hear the church bells at dusk, and he's usually the one who rings them.


Hobgoblin

"Friends, to the boneyard!" Duru starts moving to the cemetery, provided that his new friends do the same.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan looks to the townspeople and Father Zantus. "We will go investigate the Boneyard. Do not take your eyes off these creatures. You have already seen what they are capable of."

Ethan nods to his comrades, the hurries after Duru.


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Dorin joins the others in route to the boneyard.


Aleister takes inventory of his alchemical vials and follows the group.


Male Human Rogue 1

Might as well go along. Who knows, maybe they'll give me some reward ... I mean, some reward better than getting to stay in this town.

With that mental shrug, Ionacu follows the others, a short spear in hand.


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

I have no idea where these events were taking place. Vlad and Ionacu were somewhere out in the town and the others had apparently gathered at the Cathedral. Vlad is probably standing around confused!


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Vlad, it doesn't really matter. GM sort of gathered us together with his post. It would probably be best to assume we were together at the Cathedral to move things along.


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

That was meant to be read a little more light hearted that it seems to havee been. I was thinking of the comedic value of him turning in circles.


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Gotcha...my bad...result of PbP. Emotion gets lost sometimes.


Indeed; sorry for that, but it becomes a bit problematic when the group gets divided and half wants to proceed but the other half doesn't. I apologize if I'm squashing any RP; please let me know if you want me to take a bit more time in these cases. I just try to move things along when I can, as these AP's are huge and will take years.

Father Zantus nods solemnly at Ethan's words, and several acolytes and a nearby guardsman stand over the goblins, armed and threatening.

Set in the shadow of the Sandpoint Cathedral, the Sandpoint Boneyard is accessible via a gate to the north. The cemetary is expansive and overlooks the Turandarok River. Stone vaults, presumably owned by the more affluent members of the town, stand near the cemetary's edges and at its center, while dozens of humble plots, each marked with a simple gravestone, sit amid trees and shrubberies.

The Boneyards looks to be well maintained, though the gate now stands open and a cobbled walkway leads into the cemetary. Along the side of the walkway, fust a few dozen feet inside, is a small building that could well be the caretaker's home. It's door, also, is ajar, and a faintly flickering light can be seen inside.


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Vlad draws his weapon once more and cautiously approaches the building.
Perception:1d20 ⇒ 4
ooo dirt in the eye


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan his staff at the ready, and moves cautiously towards the open door. He stops outside, a step to the right side of the door frame.

He pauses, and listens carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Human Rogue 1

Ionacu waits for the others to approach. No sense rushing in and getting myself hurt, he thinks as he looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Hobgoblin

Duru lets the humans approach the caretakers hut, not wanting to startle the man with his presence. Instead, he draws his scimitar and peers around the graveyard for any signs of movement or disturbances.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Aleister follows the group...unsure of whether or not to draw a weapon. He decides on drawing his crossbow and loads a bolt.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Dorin approaches the opposite, left side of the door from Ethan with his Longhammer drawn. He peers into the open door.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

He notices that his armor is pretty dirty after the day's work, and he may want to clean that soon.


The graveyard seems silent as you approach...as any good graveyard should. The path looks quite well traveled, its stones rounded and scuffed more often than not. Undoubtedly, thousands of mourners have passed through this very gate to see their loved ones put to rest, or to visit their remains after their passing.

Ionacu:
As you move towards the small building, you see a faint shadow of movement in the flickering light. To someone with less acuity, it may seem to just be the flickering light, but your eyes tell you otherwise.


Male Human Rogue 1

"There's something in there," Ionacu hisses as they approach the hut.

He moves behind the dwarf, hoping to use the burly warrior as a living shield.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

"Someone watch the back of the building, the rest of you be ready, in case I am attacked," Ethan whispers. He takes a slow deep breath, then calls into the shed.

"Who is in there? In the name of the people of Sandpoint, show yourself!"

He hold his staff in guard position, prepared to block. (Full defense, +4 to AC)


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Vlad nods to Ethan, and sprints behind the building looking in windows if he passes them and searching for another door.
Perception:1d20 ⇒ 1
Look out there is a finger in my eye!


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

LOL! We are pitiful!


Vlad:
Your view of the windows shows only the same flickering light that you'd seen before...largely due to said finger in eye.

There's a moment of silence after your call, and then a large shadow shows in the doorway a moment before a head pokes out from the other side of the door jamb. An ugly, middle-aged man with a receding gray line of thin hair looks out at you with two eyes that seem a bit too far apart. Grime and what looks like dried blood cakes one side of his face.

Well...yer not goblins, I'd guess. Lucky ya called out, else ya would've found my cleaver 'tween yer eyes. Who are you; ya with the watch?


Male Human Rogue 1

"Do we look like the watch?" Ionacu asks rhetorically. "You look like you've seen some difficulties lately."

Diplomacy? (Or bluff?) If needed? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Hobgoblin

Duru starts to step forward, then decides this man is better engaged by his human companions. Instead, Duru keeps up a vigilant watch in the graveyard.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

"My name is Ethan, one of Erastil," Ethan replies, touching the holy symbol around his neck. "Are you the caretaker here?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 (watching/listening for deception)

201 to 250 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nayr's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.