Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Nayr's Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Nayr Trebrot


101 to 150 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Is there a resolution to all of our initial actions?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ionacu draws closer and hurls his spear; the missile arcs through the air and slams into a goblin, forcing it to bend over in agony. The goblin still stands, but does so on shaky feet.

Figured you targeted the gobbo in H11

Ethan, having apparently learned from his previous attack, takes a breath and holds it as he shifts his aim slightly to the right. His next shot skims past the goblin leader, slashing her arm to leave a trail of blood.

The female goblin leader growls out a verse of her evil song as Vladislav approaches. She raises her whip in a meager defense, but Vladislav merely knocks it aside and stabs into her chest. She screeches out in pain, her song forgotten with the sudden appearance of a few feet of steel in her chest.

Aleister's bomb explodes in the midst of the wildly cavorting goblins, throwing flames that curl up their legs to their midsections. The flames send the surrounding goblins springing away from it, but not before their lower bodies are singed and smoking. The flames are far more than the goblin female can handle, and she falls to the ground, smoking and dying in silence.

Dorin charges in to swing at the injured goblin targeted by Ionacu, but his rush overbalances him and he misses. Duru acts in much the same manner, rushing in to launch a mighty swing, but his strike slams into the goblin before him, knocking it down to the ground and into oblivion.

Retargeted you at the goblin in H7, as the leader was dead.

The goblin before Dorin slashes out with its small sword and scores a telling hit on the dwarf, even as another goblin walks up beside him and slashes out, only to miss terribly, obviously unused to fighting in coordination with a companion.

3 damage to Dorin.

A goblin steps forward, literraly walking over top of his now dead companion, and slices out at Duru. The now quite aggravated hobgoblin bats the attack aside with open contempt, and it flies wide of its mark. Two more goblins attack Vladislav, one scoring a telling hit and the other missing in a rather pathetic manner.

4 damage to Vladislav

Map

initiative:
Ionacu - 18
Ethan - 12
Vladislav - 12
Aleister - 10
Dorin - 10
Goblin leader - 9
Duru - 5
Goblins (6) - 4


Male Human Rogue 1

Ionacu moves five feet closer, snatches his second spear and sends it flying toward one of the goblins attacking Dorin. "Blast," he curses as the shaft sails wide.

Attack, -4 for attacking into melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 8


Hobgoblin

Round 2, AC 19, HP 14

Duru snarls at the little goblin in front of him and attempts to slash it open with his blade.

scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan shifts 5' to his right, giving himself a clearer shot on the goblin trying to flank Dorin.

"The Old Man would be laughing at my shooting, if he were here..."

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6-4 melee?

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

[ooc]Round 2, AC: 16, HP: 10/14, Goblin Hatred[/dice]

Dorin attacks the goblin in front of him.

Longhammer ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Longhammer DAM: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Round 2, AC: 20, HP: 9/13, Fighting Defensively. Stole Dorin's idea!
Freeing his blade from the leaders chest he quickly launches another cautious strike at his next opponent. H9

Atk(2handed):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Correction AC:18 I misread the section. Sorry.


Aleister launches his second bomb at I-12, then pulls out his crossbow and takes a five foot step to E-7.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
6 damage to adjacent squares; reflex save for half damage.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ionacu and Ethan both miss their marks, but find that it's of little consequence, as Aleister's hurled bomb hits the ground directly behind the two goblins that Dorin faces. The burst from the bomb sends flames into the backs of the goblins with concussive force, frying their backsides and sending them sprawling to the ground at Dorin's feet, where they lay, smoking and still.

Dorin - feel free to redirect; your enemies seem to have gotten themselves blown up.

Initiatives:
Ionacu - 18
Ethan - 12
Vladislav - 12
Aleister - 10
Dorin - 10
Duru - 5
Goblins (5) - 4

Map


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Retro: will charge to G10 in a flanking position with Vlad, and attack. That should give me an additional +4 for an 11 to hit and 15 damage to the goblin in G9.


Male Human Rogue 1

Seeing the others seem to have the situation well in hand, Ionacu moves to pick up his discarded spears, looking around to see if there are any more goblins trying to kill him or other people, but he's mostly concerned that he doesn't die at the moment.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan turns and aims at the goblin near the fire (g9). Trying to steady his breathing, he looses another shaft.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 3 - 4 = 5

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

Vladislav and Dorin both strike with ferocity, but both attacks miss their marks.

Duru follows suit, his strike whistling by nearly a foot over the head of the tiny goblin before him.

Two of the remaining goblins strike back, one slashing out with a dagger that is immediately swatted aside by Duru, and the other slashing into the thigh of Vladislav, drawing blood. 1 Damage to Vladislav

The last remaining goblin withdraws from the potent trio arrayed against them, snarling in dismay as it hunkers down behind one of the smoking wagons. Withdraw from H9 to K8 - partial cover. Vlad, Aleister, Dorin, Duru are up!

Initiatives:
Ionacu - 18
Ethan - 12
Vladislav - 12
Aleister - 10
Dorin - 10
Duru - 5
Goblins (3) - 4


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Round 3, AC: 16, HP: 9/13

Vlad, irritated that his efforts at defense still managed him a glancing blow abandons caution and retaliates with a heavy thrust. H9

Atk (2handed):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Aleister fires a crossbow bolt at the closest goblin. (G9)

Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Correction 8/13


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Round 3, AC: 16, HP: 10/14, Goblin Hatred

If either the goblin in H9 or G9 still remain standing, then Dorin will wade in and attack the remaining one. a flanking bonus would apply to the one in G9.

Longhammer ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
Longhammer DAM: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13

If both goblins have fallen to the above attacks, the Dorin will give chase to the hiding goblin in the cart area. Please use the above attack roll to resolve that attack. If the only way to reach that hiding goblin is by a charge, then please add 2 to the attack roll and place the AC at 14 for the charge.


Hobgoblin

Round 3, AC 19, HP 14

Duru will slash away at any remaining goblin in the immediate area, or move to attack the one hiding behind the cart.

scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Stay still you little curs!" barks Duru as the evasive goblins duck away from his blade.


Ionacu examines the area around the battlefield, but it only able to find one whole and usable spear - the last one he had thrown.

Ethan's arrow flies wide over the head of its target, to thunk into the wagon behind it.

Vladislav attacks as the goblin is slightly turned, watching the arrow streak by its head. His blade plunges into the little creature's chest, and it falls away, sliding to the ground and gasping its last breaths.

A bolt from Aleister - retargeted due to Vladislav's kill - flies by the goblin engaged with Duru, harmlessly, even as the big hobgoblin misses the little creature again.

Dorin's charge at the little goblin behind the wagon sends him scurrying away, and Dorin's hammer slams through a wooden slat of said wagon, over the goblin's head. The goblin lets out a short squeak before it leaps atop the wagon, then leans down to grab for a flaming brand from the small, concentrated fire threatening to spread.

The other remaining goblin, brave or surpemely stupid, slashes out at Duru again, only to miss in a pathetic manner.

The goblin atop the wagon is still within clobbering range, of course. He has higher ground, but is currently not concentrating on the attack

Map

Initiatives:
Ionacu - 18
Ethan - 12
Vladislav - 12
Aleister - 10
Dorin - 10
Duru - 5
Goblins (3) - 4


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan fires at the goblin on top of the wagon.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Aleister watches Ethan's shot and decides to target the goblin atop the wagon as well.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Round 4, AC: 16, HP: 10/14, Goblin Hatred

Dorin will continue to swing at the goblin atop the wagon.

Come down 'ere, ya scum!

Longhammer ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Longhammer DAM: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 = 14


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

His opponent down, Vlad spins around to face Duru's attacker. Sweeping low he attempts to take the goblin from it's feet. H7

Trip Atk(2handed):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Quickly! Overpower him! the swordsman cries as he executes his maneuver.


Hobgoblin

Seeing Vlad trip his foe, Duru lunges at the opportunity. "Fine move, my friend, slash the gobbo I will!"

scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human Rogue 1

Spears get destroyed when thrown?

Scooping up his weapon, Ionacu relaxes a moment, assuming his marks ... er, apparent allies ... can handle one lone goblin.

Picking up weapon and then I suppose holding in case something else happens/some other threat emerges.


I was treating it as ammunition when thrown, which falls under this rule:

Rule:
Generally speaking, ammunition that hits its target is destroyed or rendered useless, while ammunition that misses has a 50% chance of being destroyed or lost.

However, common sense would sort of contradict that. Having thrown a spear, I can say that they'd be damn difficult to break; Feel free to gather them up


Missiles - from Ethan and Aleister both fly at the goblin atop the wagon, but they miss their mark as the little creature turns to Dorin with a look of glee. Just after Dorin's hammer slams through more slats of the wagon, the goblin giggles uncontrollably as he launches himself at the dwarf. Alas, his aim isn't what he had hoped, and he falls to the ground, face-first at Dorin's feet.

The other remaining goblin lashes out with his rusty blade as Vladislav takes his feet out from under him. The blow, however, is far from its mark as gravity takes its toll. The goblin's breath is forced out of it with a "whoof", then Duru's blade buries itself in its now-vacated lungs. It gurgles out its final breaths in frothy pink bubbles.

Initiative:
Ionacu - 18
Ethan - 12
Vladislav - 12
Aleister - 10
Dorin - 10
Duru - 5
Goblins (1 - prone) - 4


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan looks around for more goblins, confident that the one remaining won't be breathing much longer.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

So nowww I get a decent roll...Lol.


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Round 4, AC: 16, HP: 10/14, Goblin Hatred, Prone Enemy

Dorin will continue to swing at the goblin now prone at his feet.

Gotcha now!

Longhammer ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 + 4 = 24
Longhammer DAM: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 = 14


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

If for some reason it isn't a smear on Dorin's hammer.
Vlad hurries to flank the remaining creature. Idk which square it fell into so either I8 or I9 is my destination respectively.
He lashes out at the prone goblin with a two handed strike from over his head.

Atk(2handed):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Took +2 for flanking and it would appear the get a penalty to AC for being prone rather than an ATK bonus for me.


Dorin's hammer slams into the pitiful creature, and it very nearly explodes in a cloud of red mist and white bone fragments. You can feel fairly confident that it will not be getting back up.

As the noise of battle recedes, you can see that the town around you has receded into a scene of chaos. You spot a goblin leaping off a roof in an attempt to land on a victim, but instead hitting the ground and immediately breaking his neck. In the other direction, a goblin throws a torch at a fleeing woman carrying a child, only to hit a fellow goblin who runs in front of him, igniting the creature.

Amidst the screeching, singing, cavorting goblins, the flames devouring the wagons continue to crackle and pop, threatening to ruin anything salvageable.


Hobgoblin

Duru throws himself at the task of putting out the flames, especially any that threaten buildings, most importantly the cathedral...THE CATHEDRAL!...Duru rushes to the cathedral, determined to protect it from the raiding goblins.

"Friends, we must protect the icon of the town, the center of community, to the Cathedral with haste!"

His goblinoid feet flapping, Duru rushes at his full speed to the defense of the building.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan runs in the direction of the woman and child, doing his best to intercept any goblins moving to attack them.

He fires on any goblin that gets within 20 feet them.

If a goblin goes for the woman and child:

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

Damage 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male Human Rogue 1

Slippping one of the spears into its spot on his back and hefting the other, Ionacu keeps a close eye out for anything moving to attack him as he carefully follows Duru toward the cathedral.

Yeah, charging toward the cathedral. That's bright. Hobby's going to get himself killed by people thinking he's part of this attack.


The cathedral is also a scene of chaos, though mostly it's just littered with debris and ash from the quick assault. In line with Ionacu's thoughts, a few townsfolk who have been hiding in the tents and under the stage in front of the cathedral jump up and run at the sight of the charging, blood-stained Duru. Ahh! They've brought bigger ones! Run!

As Ethan closes with the goblin, it darts off after a swift dog, leaving its brother to burn to a crisp. The woman's eyes widen at the approach of an armed warrior, and she clutches her baby to her breast. Are you...do you know what caused this? Her curiosity at the attack has obviously won over her sense of caution, as she stands near the burning goblin to ask the first question that had come to her mind.


Hobgoblin

Dismayed, Duru watches as the townsfolk flee before him on his sprint to the cathedral. "No, friends, I'm with you, I'm here to help the town!"


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7
GM Nayr wrote:
Are you...do you know what caused this?.

"I do not know why the goblins are attacking. They could simply be bored. Keep close to me. Call out to anyone you see to join us. I will do my utmost to protect you and your child."


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Dorin makes haste with Duru to the Cathedral.

Save the Cathedral!


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Vlad feeling torn between wanting to help save the new cathedral and his urge to protect innocent people gives him a moments pause. Ultimately the lives of people are more important to him and he jogs to help Ethan and the woman, whom he flanks. We will get you out of here miss, don't worry.


The townsfolk keep running - either they didn't believe Duru or they had simply had enough of the entire scene. The immediate area around the cathedral seems to be mostly left alone, as only a random goblin straggler can be seen - typically chasing a dog or cat through an alleyway or singing their vile song. You get the feeling that the fight has moved on, by the sounds of battle, clanging swords, and shrieks of goblins in the distance.

One call suddenly rings out - a scream - from the north, and not too far off. It's followed by immediate and continuous barking. The woman's eyes widen. Go! Go...and help - I'll be fine now that they've moved on. The White Deer is that way!

The White Deer is a quite sizable tavern and inn, and undoubtedly holds many potential victims for a goblin war party.


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Seeing the Cathedral intact and hearing the screams to the north, Dorin yells to Duru.

Come, Duru, to the screams!


Aleister follows Dorin and Duru, loaded crossbow in hand.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

"Find somewhere to hide. These goblins aren't very bright and are easily distracted."

Ethan gives the woman a quick nod and runs in the direction of the screams.


Male Human Rogue 1

Ionacu sighs. Loudly. All this running... Really?

Still, the inn could be the only decent watering hole in this two-bit town, and Cayden Cailean knows how boring it would be without even that for amusement for however long he's stuck here.

With that in mind, the Varisian follows the others toward the sound of screams.


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Vlad eyes her for a long moment, reluctant to let her go alone. With a physical effort he turns and follows the band of misfits he has fallen in with.


Hobgoblin

Duru spins on his heels and follows Dorin towards the screams. "I'm with you, friend Dorin, let us show those goblins our wrath!"

Mug, you were right in so many ways, here I follow a dwarf, one that surely would have slain me in different times, and I fight by his side to protect the innocent from my own goblin brethren. It is strange days and strange times that bring us together, maybe the bards will sing of this unlikely brotherhood some distant evening from now!


Male Human Taskmaster and Overlord / 10

As you rush to the north, the noises of battle fade even further; perhaps the town guard has the situation in hand. You pass many bodies of slain goblins and, unfortunately a few bodies of townsfolk who met their end at the hands of the little freaks.

The dog's barking up ahead becomes even more frantic the closer you get, and is punctuated with a loud, high-pitched yelp as you round a corner to look at the front of the White Deer Inn.

In the front of the Inn, a goblin in studded black leather armor wields a spiked halberd from atop a mangy, but massive dog. At the dog's feet lay another, smaller dog, its head nearly taken off by an apparent strike from the halberd. Just to the side of the now apparently ended dog-fight is an iron bound rain barrel, behind which a man cowers, shouting for help.

As the dog crashes to the ground, six more goblins throw up a cheer from where they hide among a pile of smashed up crates that someone apparently piled up to start a fire. They emerge from hiding, their eyes turned towards the poor fellow behind the barrel.

See Sandpoint map in campaign info thread for location - it is the northernmost building in the city limits, just under the northern gate.

The goblins haven't yet noticed you; the dogrider is in front of the inn, about 30' away. The others are to the west side of the building, advancing across it to the east side; currently 50' away.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Surprise round for us, correct?

Ethan nocks an arrow and aims for the mounted goblin.

"If I don't hit a cursed one of these things today, at least let me hit him!"

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Indeed...and you did!

101 to 150 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nayr's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.