Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Nayr's Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Nayr Trebrot


51 to 100 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

The sun finally begins to set as a considerable crowd grows about the podium. Due to the offerings of the various vendors throughout the day, many show the signs of mild intoxication and a pleasant fullness from fine food. Even more potent, though, is the sense of fellowship and pride in this new cathedral, as if it represents the will of the town itself to survive in spite of the touch of evil.

A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises - high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human.

The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill scratchy voices.

DC12 Perception check:
You can see that the shape that raced by and killed the dog now hides at the edge of the wagon - a single goblin, licking the blood from its dogslicer as it looks excitedly at the crowd, seeking out a new target. Seeing a few targets that don't seem to be running and screeching, the goblin charges you, alongside two of its fellows that appear out of the crowd

You may act in the surprise round if you make the perception check. Either way, please roll initiative. I'll have a map up this evening.


Male Human Rogue 1

Aw, poor dog!

Ionacu looks around, trying to find the source of the disturbance.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Oh well, guess it's good to get that 1 roll out of the way.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"Goblins!! To arms, to arms!!"

Ethan turns to face them, staff in both hands.


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Dorin turns to attack the nearest goblin.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Goblin scum among us!


Male Human Rogue 1

That's no way to talk about Duru!


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

LOL Have you ever seen The Outlaw Josey Wales? "No offense!" "None taken"


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0
Dorin Stonehammer wrote:

Dorin raises his ale.

Here's to the consecration, then! I'll be holdin' ya to yer word, no worries there, Duru.

He cannot help being watched by the swordsman with the apple core.

Ya gonna gawk all day youngin', or would ya prefer t'join us? I be Dorin Stonehammer, Stonelord of Torag.

Vlad shrugs his shoulders and moves toward the dwarf. His eyes never leave the creature accompanying him. Aye, well met. I don't intend to be rude by staring but I've never heard of a dwarf taking up with this lot. Vlad motions to the hobgoblin with his head. He makes no effort to hide his hand on the hilt of his sword.

That makes you the most interesting folks in town.

Vladislav having made acquaintances follows the group to watch the ceremony.

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 15

Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

In a flash Vlad's sword is free and in hand. Beware! A little monster!


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hobgoblin

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"Goblin scum is right, friend Dorin, LITTLE GOBLIN SCUM, YOU'LL NOT EMBARRASS OUR KIND, YOU'LL CHANGE BY MY BLADE IF NOT MY WORDS!" Duru charges the little menace, drawing his blade on the way with a feverish gleam in his eye.


Map

Duru - you're up. I'll post initiative in the AM; note that the little blue fellows on the map are the goblns. The others are townsfolk, most running away from your soon-to-be encounter


Hobgoblin

Duru leaps forward and slices at a goblin that threatens the townsfolk.

move to H12, Scimitar on goblin in H11: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Rogue 1

Initiative (sorry, missed this before): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Rolls:
Goblin climb1d20 ⇒ 3
Goblin attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Goblin attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The first goblin to charge in is met by Duru's wicked scimitar, and its little body folds neatly in half around the blade as it cuts through and lodges briefly in its spine. When it falls away from the blade, the look of surprise on its face would be comical if the quickly growing pool of its guts on the ground weren't so disgusting.

The second goblin cackles with glee as it charges at Ionacu. As it nears one of the now empty vendor tents, it launches itself up onto a table...only to slip on a pile of spilled ale and come crashing down to the ground at Ionacu's feet. It still cackles...as if that had been quite the enjoyable ride.

The third goblin runs at Ionacu and hacks away, drawing blood with its rusty little sword. It howls with the fun of such mayhem, even as it looks for another vulnerable spot into which it may cut.

Goblin at H11 down and dying. Prone goblin at J16, and attacking goblin at I14. 5 damage to Ionacu!

Remaining initiative for surprise round:
Vladislav - 17
Ethan - 9
Dorin - 7


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Vlad lightly jogs to intercept the goblins attack on Ionacu. I14 The swordsmen slashes with his weapon gracefully... The delicate blade parts the creatures flesh like butter.
Atk: I141d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16; Dmg:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

I made the assumption that I hit from Duru's successful attack ;)

Vladislav settles back into a low defensive crouch watching for his next opening. Fighting defensively for next round just in case I'm not around to post when I come up again. Atk: +1 Dmg 1d8+2 AC: 20 in this situation.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan points at the oncoming goblins and castigates them (judgment : justice)

"Erastil's Justice falls upon you, tiny vandals!"

He charges the nearest goblin, swinging his staff in a vicious uppercut.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 15

Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Rogue 1

Ionacu's amusement at the foibles of the goblin disappears as he's slashes, leaking out of him even more quickly than his blood.

"Little bastard," he curses.

As it's still the surprise round, not posting any actions.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Vladislav's sword pierces the goblin's flesh and cuts down and away, crossing its torso from shoulder to hip. The little creature lets out a confused gurgle and looks to Ionacu pleadingly - as if to ask if he could slice him good one more time before he dies. Then - he falls, quickly bleeding out on the ground.

The prone goblin makes a fine target for Ethan's staff, which hits it flush on its ugly face, splitting its nose and jaw and sending it reeling. The goblin lets out pitiful mewling sounds from where it lay at the feet of Ionacu and Ethan.

One hurt and prone goblin left; Dorin's up.


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Surpirse Round, AC: 16, HP: 14/14, Prone Opponent

Dorin moves to I17 and attacks the prone goblin in J16.

I'll be finishin' this one off fer ya boys!

Longhammer ATT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Longhammer DAM: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The remaining goblin emits a sound like Urk! just before most of its body is mashed into a sticky pulp by Dorin's hammer. Its body twitches once, then goes still.

In the absence of an immediate threat, you can see about the town, which now seems to be engulfed in chaos. Goblins race everywhere, running amok and singing and slashing indiscriminately. Their song, or chant has the cadence of a rhyme, but seems to be mostly nonsense words with a harsh tone.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan moves with dangerous purpose towards the nearest cluster of goblins, staff at the ready.


After fumbling through his pack checking on a few items, Aleister finally looks up. "Whoa...what happened here?"


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Vlad turns to the man asking the questioning. Perhaps how or why is a better place to start friend. he then scans his surroundings looking for folks who may need his immediate help. Perhaps we should all band together and clear out the town?


Hobgoblin

"Yes", growls Duru, "Let's band together and wipe these scum out, the little vermin ruined a perfectly good day!" Duru moves to follow Ethan towards the nearest cluster of gobos.


Male Human Rogue 1

Ionacu pulls his short sword and follows along with the others.

May as well stay close to this group for the moment. Better safe than sorry, after all.


Aleister fishes a couple of bombs from his pack and follows the others.


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Lots of work to be done...let's get to it!

Dorin follows after the group as quickly as his shorter legs allow while hefting the Longhammer.


As soon as you start out in the direction that you feel is correct, you see a sudden bloom of fire spring forth to the south. A quick look shows you a group of goblins standing around what was the cart that looked to have been carrying fuel for the bonfire to the south of the festival grounds. It looks as if the goblins found the fuel and lit it aflame, and now stand around it, singing as wagons nearby catch fire.

Their song, unlike that of their brethren, has definite verses, and it chills to the bone. One - possibly a female, leads the bunch in its song, cracking a wickedly barbed whip every few seconds.

Goblin:
Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse.
Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump.
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed.
We be goblins! You be food!

The group of 7 goblins is about 100' away; they currently have not noticed you, as the building fire holds their attention.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Ethan stops and pulls out his longbow. He nocks an arrow, draws it to his cheek and aims for the song leader.

"Erastil guide my hand."

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Dorin runs to the goblins with his longhammer raised high. Even at a run, he is still 20 feet away at the end of his turn.


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

I think it best if I move on them first. Maybe I can keep them busy and they wont pay the rest of you any mind. Vlad says, his accent thicker with his excitement. With an exaggerated swing of his weapon he flicks most of the blood from the blade. He stops and blinks for a split second as the others rush into the next fray. Hey wait for me! Vlad sprints toward the goblins heading straight for the female with the whip.
Run x4 stopping 5ft shy of the female if able otherwise the one obstructing his getting to her.


Male Human Rogue 1

"That thing's not full of oil, is it? Maybe it'll just blow up and take the little vermin with it," Ionacu asks of no one in particular.

He moves more cautiously than his impromptu comrades toward the fray, his wound continuing to bleed, and pulls one of the short spears from his back.

Move 30 feet closer; pull spear.


Hobgoblin

Duru gnashes his teeth in anger and sprints headlong towards the singing goblins.

40' move speed, Duru will charge and slash at the leader as quick as possible, if he can't charge and attack any goblin this round, then he'll move 80' to a position that allows him a clear line to the leader next round.


The goblin group notices your group just as soon as Ethan's arrow flies past their leader. The song halts abruptly, though one goblin, lost in the lyrics, keeps going...having to be silenced by a quick punch by one of its brethren. They turn from their impromptu pyrothecnics to confront those charging in, their weapons out and ready.

Please roll initiative and post actions if you beat a 9 (the leader's action.) Note that you had what was, in essence, a surprise round, so the above actions are legit and reflect where you are at the beginning of round 1. Map will be up tomorrow.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Ethan closes the distance to about 80 feet, then draws back for another shot.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Round 1, AC: 16 (14 Charge), HP: 14/14, Charging, Goblin Hatred

Dorin charges the nearest goblin not the leader due to Duru's intent to cleave into her.

For Sandpoint!

Longhammer ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 12
Longhammer DAM: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5) + 6 = 16


Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Aleister will throw a bomb...but I'll need to see the map before deciding where I want to throw it!


Male Human Rogue 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Ionacu moves 30 feet closer and throws the spear, grinning as it hits one of the little buggers in the gut. "That's for my side!" he yells, still trying to staunch the flow of blood with one hand.

Attack, -4 for range 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Hobgoblin

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Duru leaps forward and attacks the leader of the choir. "Goblins are crude, and make good dog food!" retorts the Hobgoblin, not unfamiliar with the tactics of singing offensive tunes at his foes.

scimitar to leader: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

When Vlad reaches the leader readies himself to fight multiple enemies. Come little rats, we are going to put out your fire and dump your bodies in a nice wet pond.

Vlad cautiously probes the creatures defense then gripping his weapon with both hands he strikes.
Fighting defensively. AC:20

Atk (2handed):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Note that the distances aren't quite accurate - limitations of the map. Ionacu will be out at 70' away prior to his action. Please let me know if anything else changes; otherwise I'll post goblins' actions after Aleister's ka-boom

Initiative:
Ionacu - 18
Ethan - 12
Vladislav - 12
Aleister - 10
Dorin - 10
Goblin leader - 9
Duru - 5
Goblins (6) - 4

Map


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

GM Nayr:
In your earlier post you said the second group was 100 ft away. If Vlad moved at Run x4 that's 120 feet but I wanted to pull up 5 ft short of them. I just wanted to check. Thanks.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 12 FF 15 l HP 15/15 l F +3 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +7

On my turn:

Ethan draws a third arrow, and aims for the goblin on the edge of the group (right side of the map)

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Dwarf Ranger Freebooter 2/HP:26/AC:16, T:12, FF:15/F:6, R:6, W:1/Perc:6/Init:1

My charge and attack above would have been oin the goblin in H-11. I do not have the ability to move the icon from the office...anyone, feel free.


Vladislav:
Quite right; apologies - we'll put you in F8, if that's okay. Tactically, you'd see that Duru's fighting style might be "charge and bash", so you'd leave him an open lane; let me know if that's not okay


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

That's perfect thanks!


Aleister moves next to Vladislav and launches a bomb at I8.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Splash Damage to adjacent squares=6; reflex save for half damage.


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0

Vlad (Fighting Defensively) moves closer to his target 5ft step. He prods at the goblin with the whip and strikes hard when he finds a weak spot.
Atk(2Handed):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
AC:20


Male Human Rogue 1

Did the previous actions go off? Ionacu's still planning to throw that spear.


Male Human Fighter (Aldori Swordlord)/1 HP: 8/13 AC: 16 Initiative: +3 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +0
Ionacu Valdemar wrote:
Did the previous actions go off? Ionacu's still planning to throw that spear.

I think we just missed that you were first lol. I thought Ethan went first but I just checked again and the way the spoiler opens I missed you

51 to 100 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nayr's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.