Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Nayr's Carrion Crown AP

Game Master Nayr Trebrot


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,372 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

Leeoli approaches the bones, and with his rapier skewers the skull.


The skull rattles and shifts with the blow, but doesn't show any other damage.


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

Rufus, what is it. I feel nothing.


Fighter (Mutation Warrior) 3 | HP 26/34 | AC 20 (22) FF 11 T 19 (21) | F+6 R+3 W+3* | Init +1 Perc +6 | CMB +7 (+9) CMD 18 (20) | Mutagen 0/1

”Probably nothing.” Rufus replies. ”No doubt my mind playing mischief on me.”

He takes a moment to move about the cell.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Then he smiles at Zazaria. ”I was never very good at mourning, despite the constant occasions for it my life has produced. Perhaps we should move on. No doubt there are more secrets waiting to be discovered in this place.”


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
I agree.


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

Up the hallway on the west side? Leeoli suggests.


Rufus sees nothing else of use within the cell. The hall to the west is a dark void, light barely seeming to penetrate more than a few feet into the blackness.

The hall is lined with cells to either side, some with doors hanging open and others having seemed to survive the fire and the structural damage to the prison throughout the years. Whether closed or open, each cell holds the dusty white bones of its previous occupants.


Fighter (Mutation Warrior) 3 | HP 26/34 | AC 20 (22) FF 11 T 19 (21) | F+6 R+3 W+3* | Init +1 Perc +6 | CMB +7 (+9) CMD 18 (20) | Mutagen 0/1

Rufus steps cautiously through the dark, weapon raised defensively, as though it could protect him against the fear in his own mind.

Moving up toward F-10 or so..


As Rufus leads the group to the north through the cell block, the light illuminates cells that look largely the same – small, with very little appointment, and each with a rotting corpse that was once one of the worst criminals in Ustalav. Some of the cell doors have worn over time and now stand partially open, others have only sunk slightly and still remain solid in their frames…if not even more solid due to the building settling around them.

Unused sconces line the wall, collecting a thick layer of dust. Thin filaments of webbing collect in the corners of the corridor, showing signs of the new residents of the prison.

DC 15 Perception:
You hear the faint sound of mournful flute music, accompanied by the eerie flapping of tiny, weathery wings

As Rufus nears the center of the cell block, strange sounds begin – first a stirring in one cell, then a clatter in another. The whisper of rotten old fabric dragging on the floor, then the hollow rasp of a throat attempting to make sound. To either side of the group, the former prisoners of the prison begin to animate!

initiative Anyi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
initiative Leeoli: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
initiative Rufus: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
initiative Vrilli: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
initiative Zazaria: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
initiative Prisoners: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

MAP


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
...a flute, and the flapping of wings!
what could it mean?

Leeoli hears a shambling and a rasp and instantly knew they had all been fools. We should invest more in a good scout


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

Leeoli, with an imperceptible gesture flips a small white capsule into the air and catches it with his mouth, and crunches down hard. Purple goo explodes from Leeoli's mouth, but then turns into a wispy smoke. The blessed rapier in Leeoli's hand begins to move toward the ground; his forearms gain the purplish tints of wiry brushed steel. Finally, Leeoli's hands and rapier lift up from the ground, his arms now reaching 10 feet away.

Leeoli prepares to parry.

long arms. here we go aoo


Male Elf Magus Kensai

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Vrilli gives a half smile as he is briefly distracted by Leeoli's tricks.

GM: Does it look like some of the cell doors can be sealed shut to keep some of the prisoners at bay?


Possibly, but I completely failed to clarify the map - the red colored skeletons are in cells from which they can escape. The green ones are trapped within their cells. They can reach out with their arms, but don't seem to be able to escape. You'd be at risk of bony claws were you to stand there and tie the cell shut, but maybe if something heavy is put against the doors, that could work.


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

I re-dead the un-dead.


Male Elf Magus Kensai

Vrilli attempts to jam the door shut to the G17 cell. If it looks like he won't have time, he atempts to de-bone the corpse...


Human Cleric Ecclesitheurge 3

Zazaria surveys the ossified abominations and stands straight and tall. O Pharasma! Return these fiends to their rightful repose! she cries, raising her holy symbol high and bathing the room in pale blue radiance.
Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

A bit average.


Vrilli, what would you like to use to try and jam the door shut? There aren't any large enough blocks scattered about that would be heavy enough.


Male Elf Magus Kensai

I was wondering if there might be a plank or other piece of wood (e.g. a broom handle) that could maybe be wedged under the door handle on an angle. If there is nothing available and it seems too dangerous to tie the cell door to the one opposite I will leave the doors alone and prepare to do things the old fashioned way (i. e., chop them up)


Gotcha; I think it'd be more trouble than its worth, especially considering the fact that Zazaria may have just eliminated quite a bit of the threat. I'll post the effect of her channel, then you can go from there.


will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


The power of Zazaria's goddess rips through the cells in an attempt to tear down and put to rest those who have risen against the natural order of life and death. Many of the skeletons lose pieces of their bodies from the magic; jawbones slip off an tumble away, arms and legs shatter on the floor, and even some skulls slip apart as if cleaved by a sharp edged weapon.

Though weakened, the creatures still surge towards their living targets, whose vessels they hunger to destroy.

3 damage to 10 total skeletons in the vicinity...but all still "alive"


Male Elf Magus Kensai

Vrilli nods appreciatively at Zazaria's fireworks and attempts to finish off the skeleton in G17.
Attack(Longsword): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage(Longsword): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Vrilli jabs in at the skeleton directly beside the group, cracking the point of his sword into its spine, which shatters under the power of the blow. The skeleton falls to the ground, in pieces and once again lifeless.

Anyi curses to herself, frustrated at being surrounded. She turns to guard their backs, aiming down the corridor to the south and setting an arrow to string. She waits for the first of their enemies to reveal itself. Ready action - fire at first available to south

A sudden pall comes over the hall...a thickening of the air and then the faint mournful flute music that Leeoli had heard before becomes louder. The dirge seems to force a heaviness upon everyone within the cellblock, a sudden feeling of slogging through thick sludge or oil. The sound of leathery wings can be heard flapping in the distance. Leeoli, in particular, feels as if his blood has gotten as thick as lead, and his limbs weigh him down.

Everyone - DC14 Will save or be shaken. Leeoli - an additional DC14 will save, please.


Human Cleric Ecclesitheurge 3

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

grumble, grumble


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
The gods are with me!

Leeoli feels the thickening of the air, the call of the melody in the moist air, and with the discipline of the Maleye, focuses his mind upon the mechanism of the attack with impartiality.

Knowledge Arcana/Religion: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 7 + (4) = 24
Perception to locate source of melody: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Human Cleric Ecclesitheurge 3

Zazaria feels the beginnings of panic within herself, a sudden tingling in her fingers, a tightening of the neck. Breathe, girl. Remember that your death and judgment lies in the hands of the Lady. If it is to be now, let it be now, Her Will done. Flow, peaceful as a river in summer sunlight. She bows her head in prayer, and lets the gentle grace of surrender to the divine fill her with its peaceful melodic sussuration.

Zazaria is activating her Go With The Flow special ability. It will supress the shaken condition for 1 or 2 rounds, depending on whether or not she rounds down or up. It's a standard action to do so.


Gotcha; considering shaken to be a fear effect, that should work. That will be next round, after will saves, skeletons, and Rufus


Fighter (Mutation Warrior) 3 | HP 26/34 | AC 20 (22) FF 11 T 19 (21) | F+6 R+3 W+3* | Init +1 Perc +6 | CMB +7 (+9) CMD 18 (20) | Mutagen 0/1

So just a will save for now?

Will DC 14, bravery: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22

The chill of the grave trickles down Rufus's spine, reminding him of the rain on the day of his brother's funeral. The coffin had been so heavy.

He swallows and shivers but does not shy away.


Sorry, feel free to post your action as well, it just may change now with the skeletons' attack


Fighter (Mutation Warrior) 3 | HP 26/34 | AC 20 (22) FF 11 T 19 (21) | F+6 R+3 W+3* | Init +1 Perc +6 | CMB +7 (+9) CMD 18 (20) | Mutagen 0/1

"Curious." Rufus offers before stepping to the north, his torch clattering to his feet as he attempts to decapitate the nearest skeleton.

Move: move north
Free: drop torch
Standard: attack

Greatsword, mutagen: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 292d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 5) + 9 = 15


Anyi fires two rapid shots at the first skeleton to show itself to the south.

attack1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
damage1: 1d6 ⇒ 2
attack2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
damage2: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Though the second arrow strikes its target, the arrow bursts apart on the bony figure's chest, causing no damage.


The skeletons move out of their cells where possible, seeming to gain unnatural speed as their old bones animate.

One rushes at Anyi, another at Zazaria...then the one near Rufus latches out with a bony claw.
attack Zazaria: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
attack Anyi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
attack Rufus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

4 damage to Z

Rufus shifts into his swing, and the skeleton before him quite literally explodes into fragments, showing the corridor with clattering bits.

Top of the round


Male Elf Magus Kensai

Willpower: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Elf Magus Kensai

Vrilli shudders involuntarily and grits his teeth at the mournful dirge.
Look out for the Piper and his Stirges!


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

Not to be a pedant, but Leeoli and his long arms and 4 aoo's from combat reflexes feat are eager for action :-)


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

actually, I don't think I understood what provokes.


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

Leeoli reaches over Anyi's head with a long arm and swipes at a skeleton with a blessed rapier, and then takes a five foot step back.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
meh


Male Elf Magus Kensai

Vrilli attempts to smite the nearest skeleton to the South.
Attack(Longsword): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage(Longsword): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Sorry about the delay, I hadn't realised I was up. Also, how does the shaken effect work?


Anyi curses as the skeletons close. Not being able to get an arrow to string without being attacked, she shifts her hands down on her longbow and swings it like a club at the skeleton before her.

Using improvised weapon

Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Zazaria, and the power of her patron, calms those within the corridor, and the effect of the odd song seems to lift from them.

Leeoli, unused the the length of his arms, slashes the air over the skeleton, which Vrilli's sword misses the skeleton near Zazaria, the Kensai having had to step into one of the cells to stab out through the bars at the undead abomination.

Anyi struggles to find a good weapon to use, her ranged attacks now no longer a threat. Her clumsy swing glances off of the skeleton at a bad angle, doing no damage whatsoever.

The odd air closes in again as faint mournful flute music sounds again.. The dirge forces those in the corridor to stagger once again, and Zazaria feels a thickening of her limbs.

Everyone - DC14 Will save or be shaken. Zazaria - an additional DC14 will save, please.

The skeletons claw at their living foes. One slashes out at Rufus with two bony hands.
Attack Rufus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Attack Rufus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

One lashes out at Anyi, while another stabs out at Zazaria
Attack Anyi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Attack Zazaria: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Critical threat on Rufus
Attack Rufus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

4 more damage to Z; Rufus - see above - I think your AC is 22 temporarily, so the threat may not apply


Fighter (Mutation Warrior) 3 | HP 26/34 | AC 20 (22) FF 11 T 19 (21) | F+6 R+3 W+3* | Init +1 Perc +6 | CMB +7 (+9) CMD 18 (20) | Mutagen 0/1

GM: correct, +2 natural armor from mutagen. Phew! Still, 3 damage from the nat 20.

"Gah!" Rufus curses as the creature's claw finds the softness of his flesh.

Will DC 14, bravery: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 fail!

The memory returns, and this time comes to life. The weight of his brother's coffin seems to push out beyond his thoughts and suddenly feels very, very real.

Confused, Rufus swings out, struggling to heft the sword under the weight, but manages to land a solid overhand chop to the advancing (red) skeleton before him.

Attack, mutagen, shaken: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 2 = 272d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 6) + 9 = 18

"Back, behind me!" he yells, moving south to engage the undead horrors that advance upon Zazaria and Anyi.


Rufus, DC15 will save, please


Fighter (Mutation Warrior) 3 | HP 26/34 | AC 20 (22) FF 11 T 19 (21) | F+6 R+3 W+3* | Init +1 Perc +6 | CMB +7 (+9) CMD 18 (20) | Mutagen 0/1

Will DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 wow. just wow.


Male Elf Magus Kensai

Willpower: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Oh bother


Just after the blow from the skeleton falls upon Rufus, and he yells his warning, he falls to the ground without form, silent and lifeless. He appears to have been killed by the Skeleton's attack.

Rufus:
Your vision tunnels, then goes black; you feel your slack body tumbling to the ground in a heap, the leering skeleton standing above you. Your mind wanders through a dark void, without purpose or direction, the wonder of your meandering enough to keep you enthralled.

After what seems like a lifetime, your eyes open to light, and you have to blink quickly to adjust. A face is over you - a pleasant-looking, red haired man in the vestments of a priest. You struggle to sit up, but feel confined...looking about you see that you're in an open coffin.

The man smiles. [b]Why, hullo...about time you woke up. You've been resurrected, my lucky friend. Seems that you have some wealthy friends. You've been sleeping for months now...those fine companions who brought you here have long since moved on.

Sorry guys, Z's go with the flow should remain for this round as well, so no shaken this round. Still need the will save from Z, though. Let the fun begin...


Human Cleric Ecclesitheurge 3

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Ha!

Will 2.0: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Phew


Male Elf Magus Kensai

Using spell combat Vrilli attempts to bust up the nearest skeleton, his jaw set grimly as he noticed Rufus fall...

Attack (Longsword): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage (Longsword): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Spell (Disrupt Undead): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage (Disrupt Undead): 1d6 ⇒ 6


Human Inspired Blade 1 Empiricist 2 (AC 17; Remaining Panache: 3(ifattackedinaoo)/4; Inspiration: 3/3)

Anyi, step back and use the haunt siphon!! With one long arm, Leeoli hands the haunt siphon to Anyi. Id love to get Leeoli up in front more...so that he can use his parry and reposte

Taking a five foot step forward, Leeoli whips his wrists, and his rapier flies with blinding speed
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

can I move into the space where that skeleton was?

Leeoli prepares to parry and riposte.


Fighter (Mutation Warrior) 3 | HP 26/34 | AC 20 (22) FF 11 T 19 (21) | F+6 R+3 W+3* | Init +1 Perc +6 | CMB +7 (+9) CMD 18 (20) | Mutagen 0/1

In Death:

Rufus struggles against the coffin lid, but it seems secure. The feelings of being bound, unable to use his arms, and being squeezed in by the satin-lined box are maddening. He takes a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves. "wh-who are you?" he asks weakly, for fear of finding out.

"How long have I been here? Are you sure my friends have gone on? Leeoli would not have abandoned me so soon..."

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,372 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carrion Crown Chapter 1 - the Haunting of Harrowstone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.