Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Nani's Realm of the Fellnight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Nani Z. Obringer

Nani's Pathfinder Society Organized Play module.


301 to 350 of 619 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

After helping Asharii with her armor and healing himself Oggie has been quiet.

As the group enters the woods Oggie is continually scanning the mist.

When Johkas makes his offer Oggie responds, "Not for me, thanks."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

"Jokhas, you may administer your blessing again. I accept your blessing, although not your gods at this time, so long as this will aid us in our endeavors."

Noticing that we are a group of humans (and a devilish person), Swift will take the second or third watch, whichever is in the dead of the night. He assumes that this would be the best time for an ambush and the best time for his perception skills.

Paizo Employee

Male Human Miracle-Worker of Razmir 7

"My blessing and not..." Jokhas murmurs to himself as his eyes roll downwards in thought. His lips move silently as he performs a mental search through the texts he has so lovingly memorized. Settling on a passage with some trepidation, he nods.

Apocrypha! Could there be some truth in the parable of Unmasked?

His face bare, Jokhas touches Swift Wind's breastplate and grants his boon - this time accompanied by less of a pinch and less soreness. They meet eyes for a moment, then the priest looks to the sky and pulls on his mask. "Let us be off, then. The gnome's little feet most certainly are busy putting miles between us."

Sense Motive 20:

After performing the Blessing without his mask on, Jokhas seems unsettled - a mix of embarrassment and some fearful expectation of repercussions. It is with building confusion about the situation that he replaces his mask and tries to change the subject.

So marks on Swift Wind, Valorian, and Drezi. Oggie has refused (understandably), and Asharii is unknown. Jokhas can mark the animal companions, if desired.

Osirion

Male Human Sorcerer-8

"Ack! You didn't say it would hurt that bad!" Drezi winces and whines. This is growing tiresome, I have been getting hurt way too much on this mission!


I don't have my little marching order diagram with me at he moment, but the increased distance between Asharii and Valorian. Also, I forgot that Shanks is now large. Someone asked a question about the fog on the marching order. It was actually just thrown in there for effect. But the people in the back will have concealment against the people in the front.

After four hours of traveling, the party has made its way about six miles through the forest. The going is slow and tedious. Night is falling, and the mist seems even more threatening as the rangers scout a suitable location. In a small clearing, the party makes a fire and sets up camp.

Just after a subdued dinner, and before anyone even gets to sleep, Shanks perks his ears up. He sits up and starts to growl at a nearby oak tree. Before anyone has a chance to react, a slender, furtive figure separates from the plant. It appears to be a beautiful woman with flesh made of wood. It takes only a couple of steps and the collapses to the ground with a gasp of pain. "Please...you must help us!" a small voice implores. "They came from the shadows...inside the mist! My sisters are dying! They are burning our trees! We have nowhere else to turn! You must help!"

Valorian, apply a +4 bonus to these checks.

Knowledge (nature) DC 13:
This is a Dryad. They are chaotic good fey who are bound to a particular tree. As nature spirits, they have a variety of abilities that allow them to interact with trees and plants. It is exceedingly rare for one to approach a group of armed humans.

Heal DC 15:
This creature is dying. While she has no visible wounds, it is very clear that she is mortally injured in some way. You know that her affliction is not something that can be helped with a simple cure spell.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

"Hey, look what we got right here! Oggie exclaims as their visitor stumbles out of the tree.

"This here is a dryad. They are good fey that are bound to a tree."

"It ain't normal like for them to approach a bunch like us. She must really be in trouble."

Oggie moves to the fallen Dryad's side and kneels down next to her. In a comforting voice he continues, "Hey, Oggie got ya. Ain't nothin' gonna happen to ya', now. Just tell us where your sisters are at."

Rolls:

Knowledge (Nature) - using Lore Master to take 10: 10 + 8 = 18
Heal: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

Osirion

Male Human Sorcerer-8

Drezi waves his hands and says, "No no no, sounds like a trap; Valorian, didn't you say fey can't be trusted? "

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

"I thought dryads were supposed to be smoking ..."

Grand Lodge

At the emergence of the dryad, Valorian's eyes nearly bug out of his head. He nearly falls over himself, drawing his bow and nocking a black-plume arrow. He wearily approaches, taking aim at the fallen creature.

"Aye, it's a trap. You say goodly fey. I say der ain't no such. Oggie, step away so's I can send this beast back to the hells dat spawned it. Quickly now, before she calls for aid."

"Mumble mumble...black-hearted...mumble...deviant killers...mumble..."

Spoiler:

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Heal: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

"Valorian, please wait and let this dryad speak. From the looks of it she is going to die regardless. She's one of the kind fey. They may trick people but they wouldn't harm people without cause. We know there is more going on here than seems, perhaps she knows more?"

Spoiler:
Heal Check: 10+6
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Grand Lodge

"Swifty, I'll stay my hand for the moment, but I warn you, ALL fey are devious, despicable creatures. I only hope you do not fall under the influence of this enchantress. If she so much as flinches, I'm going to send her back to hell."

Valorian, maintains his aim upon the creature's face and shanks moves within melee range. Growling, he is flexed, prepared to pounce.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

"Stay real still now and tell us what happened." says Oggie to the dryad in a coaxing voice.

rolls:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7
Oggie wrote:
"Stay real still now and tell us what happened." says Oggie to the dryad in a coaxing voice.

"Please, little miss do tell us what you know. Val is big and scary, like a grizzly, but inside is warm and fuzzy like a teddy."

Trying to assist Oggie on Diplomacy:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


The dryad's eyes flutter weakly and she speaks haltingly. "I am Breena. A dryad born of the Second World. My four older sisters...Averdine, Fira, Hana, and Sebille. They urged me to find help while they...they defend our grove. Please don’t let them die! Our grove lies in a clearing of paueliel trees just south of here. Follow the gully like a trail and...and it will take you there. Hurry! It was Spriggans. Horrid little gnomes. Half-plant and fully malicious, they grow...like weeds. Legends tell of such creatures once locked away in a place called the Fellnight Realm. But that was...thousands of...years ago."

Then, before your eyes, a sudden look of horror clouds her face. She screams, a sound like a tall tree falling in an ancient forest. Breena shudders still, and then dissolves away like ash, leaving no trace.

Knowledge (nature or planes) DC 20:
Paueliels are silvery softwood trees that rise to over a hundred feet and are said to have ties to the First World.

Grand Lodge

Valorian spits upon the ground where the creature once lay.
"Good riddance! One less of them to plague the woods. I have no interest in saving these so-called sister creatures, but if her words hold any truth, then the fey may be at war with one another. Perhaps we can use that to our advantage. Let us not tarry. The gully leads this way. Swifty, do you know how to find these Paueliel trees?"

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Somewhere in Golarion, Gozreh just killed a baby plant. Hope you're happy, Valorian. :-P

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

"Yes, I think I do. I've heard they have a connection to the First World, and that might be how we get there. Perhaps that's even where the gnome went? Let us go down this gully and I'll search for the trees."

Not sure if it's Perception or Survival, so I'll roll both.
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Survival: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Oggie stands and brushes the ash and dust off his knees. "Let's go on then."

With bow in hand he heads off down the gully.

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Asharii draws her scimitar and follows 10' behind Swift and Val.

Paizo Employee

Male Human Miracle-Worker of Razmir 7

"Her death is a regrettable loss," says Jokhas as he rouses himself from where he had been observing recent events. "Swift Wind is right, though, that this conflict offers a good lead. I shall provide what aid I can."

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


A gully leads through this part of the forest, rising into a small clearing of silver-barked paueliel trees, many of which lie fallen and hewn into large piles. A bonfire bathes the fog hovering at the forest’s edge with an orange glow, its flames burning away some of the mist, and replacing it with the heavy tang of woodsmoke instead. A woman’s screams punctuate the muted laughter of small figures capering about the fire. An elf-like female and a badly wounded unicorn lie bound upon the ground near a stack of man-sized, hand-cut logs that have been crudely carved into humanoid forms.

You see them long before they spot you, due to the fire and the gleeful noises emerging from the clearing. I think it is reasonable to assume, judging from prior experience, that you would be stealthing. Considering the fog, you guys are pretty much right on top of them. On the map, I will make the fog out to the limits of the party as a whole, but please keep in mind your individual limits on sight distance. You guys have a surprise round, hooray!

<<Map: Ruined Grove Surprise Round>>

Initiative Order Surprise Round:

22- Valorian
22- Asharii
17- Drezi
14- Swift Wind
13- Shanks
8- Eagle
6- Oggie
5- Jokhas
5- Enemies (Flat-Footed)

GM Rolls:

Spriggan Perception Check 1d20 ⇒ 6
Valorian (+2 Terrain) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Shanks (+2 Terrain) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Eagle (+2 Terrain) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Swift Wind (+2 Terrain) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Jokhas 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Oggie 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Drezi 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Asharii 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Enemies 1d20 ⇒ 2

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Asharii kneels holding up a hand to get the attention of the rest of the party.
"Wait for my command" she instantly whispers (free action) I hope Valorian can delay in time.
Asharii casts a haste spell affecting her self, Valorian, Jokhas, Swiftwind, Oggie and Shanks. Drezi and the eagle apper to be out of range.

She immediate signals her comrades to move in for the kill. "Kill them all!" (free action).

Asharii's blade suddenly gleams with an unnaturally sharp edge spends 1 arcane pool point to make scimitar keen(swift action).

[ooc]Moves to H8[ooc]

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

For the non-ranger's benefit, which squares are difficult terrain?


Aw. Do you want me to ruin my wondrous map with little triangles everywhere? If you guys would prefer really clear demarcation, I can certainly do that for subsequent rounds. Otherwise...I'm ok with just saying if a square has over 50% tree/bush in it, it's difficult terrain. So, for example, the square south of Asharii (H7) is not difficult, but the square NNE of Shanks (F10) is difficult. To be honest, I'm not going to be super picky about it.

As an FYI, the brown stuff on the ground near the fire is actually scorched and overturned earth. The area is filled with shattered and burned tree trunks that have been destroyed so utterly that they no longer cause hindrance to movement.

So...fun facts: I noticed when I was making this map that not only did I have a "1" instead of a "I", but I also didn't have the letter "D". I am brilliant. I fixed them both.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Swift Wind, upon seeing the Spriggans dancing around the bonfire, quickly swaps his katana to his off-hand and begins a short incantation, touching the Shanks on his front legs. Shanks's hair seems to grow thicker almost instantaneously, as if the dire wolf had gained some form of hair carapace.

Swapping the katana back to his main hand, Swift Wind looks into the eyes of the Spriggan in front of him with a grin on his face, stepping up with a short whistle. Expecting to finish his foe quickly.

Swift casts barkskin on Shanks, it is only at +2 enhancement to natural armor (stacks with Shanks's normal natural armor, however not an amulet of natural armor if he has one). Swift 5-ft. steps up to J12, and commands Eagle to dive bomb the closest target it can see.

Knowledge (arcana) for the unicorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (includes favored enemy bonus)


Asharii, something I learned recently:

Surprise Rounds, Core Rulebook 178
Combatants who started the battle aware of their opponents each take a standard or a move action during the surprise round. You can also take free actions during the surprise round.

So, sadly, you cannot take swift actions during the surprise round of combat. My inquisitor cries.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Eagle's Turn
Upon hearing his master's call, the eagle flies forward and slightly upwards, until it finds a Spriggan.

Moves to J12, should use 80 feet of movement, and is up 35 feet.


Righto...more things I keep forgetting:

Knowledge (nature) DC 13:
This is another Dryad. They are chaotic good fey who are bound to a particular tree. As nature spirits, they have a variety of abilities that allow them to interact with trees and plants.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 13:
This is a unicorn. Thye are fierce, intelligent creatures of the forest, noble beasts who keep their own counsel and typically only appear to defend their homes against evil. They continually ward away evil and can heal others with the power of their horn.

As a note on ID-ing monsters. For every 5 you get above the basic description, you can ask me a question about the creature. Sometimes, if I feel like they have a really important ability, I'll set 2 DCs for the identify.

Osirion

Male Human Sorcerer-8

Knowledge arcana:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Splendid!, a Unicorn, the Ruby prince would be greatly interested in a lock of hair. He'll probably want more but I promised Valorian it would not be harmed, can't break a promise. Must save this creature and request a lock, I hope one of the tree huggers knows its language Drezi contorts his standard smile into a look of disgust and proclaims "You vicious creatures, leave that beautiful creature alone! You will not pollute this forest with your evil!
Drezi speaks through a flowing arcane syllable and makes wide circular motions with his hands ending with him pointing at the fire. A large sphere of water appears occupying the space of the bonfire.
Drezi casts Aqueous orb

Aqueous orb:
Sorcerer 3 Aqueous Orb
School: Conjuration / Water Elemental (Creation) [Water]
Components: V, S, M (a drop of water and a glass bead)
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Medium
Effect : 10-ft.-diameter sphere
Duration: 1 round/level
Save: DC 21 Reflex negates
Resistance: No
You create a rolling sphere of churning water that can engulf those
it strikes. The aqueous orb can move up to 30 feet per round, rolling
over barriers less than 10 feet tall. It automatically quenches any
nonmagical fires and functions as dispel magic against magical fires
as long as those fires are size Large or less. Any creature in the path
of the aqueous orb takes 2d6 points of nonlethal damage. A
successful Reflex save negates this damage, but a Medium or smaller
creature that fails its save must make a second save or be engulfed
by the aqueous orb and carried along with it. Engulfed creatures are
immersed in water and must hold their breath unless capable of
breathing water. They gain cover against attacks from outside the
aqueous orb but are considered entangled by its churning currents,
takes 2d6 points of nonlethal damage at the beginning of their turn
each round they remain trapped. Creatures within the orb may attempt
a new Reflex save each round to escape into a random square
adjacent to the aqueous orb. The orb may hold one Large creature, 4
Medium, or 16 Small or smaller creatures within it. The sphere moves
as long as you actively direct it (a move action for you); otherwise, it
merely stays at rest and churns in place. An aqueous orb stops if it
moves outside the spell's range.
Appears In: Advanced Player's Guide

Paizo Employee

Male Human Miracle-Worker of Razmir 7

Jokhas steps to G8 and invokes the Limitless Blessing of Fortune on Swift Wind. He then continues to praise Razmir aloud (His Most Holy Chorus)

"As proof of his divine heritage, Razmir's every action is faultless. So too does he bless you with a sliver of that perfection!"

Re-roll a d20 up to once a turn, Swift Wind. Nani, Jokhas channels Razmir's power by praising His glory to extend the effect.

Paizo Employee

Male Human Miracle-Worker of Razmir 7

Whoops! I forgot about the surprise round status. So long as I might praise His greatness next round to the same effect, I'm happy maintaining Jokhas's first action.

Grand Lodge

Surprise Round

Valorian targets spriggan #4 with a multi-color plumed arrow and let's fly, followed by a 5ft step into I8.
"Die, corrupted beast!"

Bow:
Darkwood arrow, Point Blank Shot+Deadly Aim
Atk:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Dmg:1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

knowledge(nature):
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

"Shanks, to the east, attack!"

On his turn, shanks will move to H/I-14/15 to engage spriggan #1 & #2

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Surprise Round
Oggie quickly takes in the tableau ahead of the group.

Keeping the Spriggans in his sight picture Oggie twangs,
"Well lookee what we got here. More Spriggans. Time to kick some ass!"

Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage (Auditory) +2 Attack / +2 Damage / +2 on some saves

Rolls:

Knowledge (Nature) using Lore master to take 10: 10 + 8 = 18
Knowledge (Arcana) using Lore master to take 10: 10 + 4 = 14

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Round 1

Since everyone's posted... and presumably the enemies won't act in the surprise round, I'm going to post my actions for Round 1.

Swift Wind twirls his katana in a flourish anticipating an easy kill. Knowing exactly what he faces, he doesn't hesitate to kill with deadly force, listening to his companions cheers, spurring him on.

Full attack on Spriggan #3 if alive, if not move up to Spriggan #4 and attack.

Spoiler:
Attack Line:
Katana #1 Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Katana Hasted Attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Katana #2 Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Klar Attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Fortune Reroll attack #1
Katana #1 Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Katana #1 Confirmation: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Damage Line
Katana #1 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Katana Hasted Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Katana #2 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

What a poor attack line :P Swift won't say it, but thanks Razmir... I think?

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Eagle Round 1

The Eagle swoops down into a screeching attack on more plant creatures. After tasting it's flesh of the last time, it relishes being able to eat more plant-thing.

Options: If the Spriggan below it is alive or if it can see a Spriggran, it will Swooping charge. If not it simply moves forward until it can see another target.

Spoiler:
Swooping Charge Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Swooping Charge Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5 plus stagger


Yeah, I probably should have asked for both the surprise round and round 1...my poor poor spriggans.

Initiative Order:

22- Valorian
22- Asharii
17- Drezi
14- Swift Wind
13- Shanks
8- Eagle
6- Oggie
5- Jokhas
5- Enemies

Surprise Round
Valorian responds to the threat with lightning fast reflexes, but his hasty shot flies off into the darkness. Asharii speaks her arcane words, and the front runners of the group feel the magic quickening their actions. Drezi points and casts into the mist, targeting the glow of the fire. With a loud hissing and popping, the fire goes out, leaving the area in darkness. Swift Wind invokes the power on nature and steps up to the front. Shanks bounds forward like a great beast of terror, closely followed by the Eagle with a screech. Oggie sings out, the drawl of his accent strangely incredibly inspirational. Jokhas calls upon the fortune of Razmir, and Swift Wind can feel the fortune coursing though his every move.

Just for reference, I have included a big white circle on the map. It shows the visibility of Spriggan #3. if you are inside the small circle, no concealment. If you are between the big circle and the little circle, you have concealment, and outside of the big circle is total concealment. I hope it gives a better visual of your sight distances. As for the darkness, I’m willing to assume you guys have light cast/wayfinders activated. It’s the same miss chance as the fog anyway. My poor fire, it was so pretty!

<<Map: Ruined Grove Round 1>>

Paizo Employee

Male Human Miracle-Worker of Razmir 7

At the end of Round 1...

Jokhas steps forward to H9 and continues to laud Razmir's virtues.

"Just as the Mask might obscure his boundless love for the world, so too does it veil his scorn for the villains of Golarion. To exact justice, He has granted me the power to strike His enemies blind with shame!"

The Chorus begins, and Spriggan 4 (assuming it isn't horribly wounded in the meantime) is hit with Blindness/Deafness (DC 18)

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Round 1 - Inspire Courage is up +2 Attack / +2 Damage / +2 to some saves

Oggie yells, "Y'all done picked the wrong people to mess with!" as he fires arrow after arrow at the Spriggans.

Target selection and rolls:

Target selection
Spriggans will be targeted in the following order:
J12
L13
J15
L16

If a Spriggan drops Oggie will move to the next target he can see in the list.

If Oggie can't see a target he will move directly towards where the fire was until he is within 30 feet of the target and he will take a single shot. This shot will be +1 higher to hit and damage due to point blank shot.

To Hit
Haste Shot: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Concealment w/in 40 feet. Misses on a 1: 1d5 ⇒ 3
Total concealment beyond 40 feet. Misses on a 1: 1d2 ⇒ 1

1st Shot: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Concealment w/in 40 feet. Misses on a 1: 1d5 ⇒ 4
Total concealment beyond 40 feet. Misses on a 1: 1d2 ⇒ 1

2nd Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Concealment w/in 40 feet. Misses on a 1: 1d5 ⇒ 4
Total concealment beyond 40 feet. Misses on a 1: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Damage/Confirming Crits
Haste Shot damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

1st Shot damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Confirming 1st Shot Crit Threat: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
1st Shot Crit confirmed damage: 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (1, 5) + 16 = 22

2nd Shot damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Osirion

Male Human Sorcerer-8

Round 1
After the flames are quenched, Drezi walks forward until the Spriggans are revealed and settles next to Oggie (E6). He then reaches out and twists his hands in the direction of the partially concealed Spriggans sending the orb through their path.

Move action to move forward, and a move action to direct the orb through L13 and j11 to settle in J12:K13. Unless someone moves into this path before his action, then the path will be the simplest path that passes through as many spriggans as possible stopping in a location that doesn't contain allies.

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Round 1

Asharii's scimitar is suddenly sheathed in flames (swift action) and with an arcane frase she invokes a shocking grasp incantation.

She darts into the center of the enemy position (K16) laughing with delight and slashing savagely (Power Attack) af the sprigan next to Shanks.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 (additional +4 if sprigan wears metal armor or carries a metal weapon); Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16; Electricity damage 7d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 1, 1, 1, 6) = 18; Fire damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Asharii relies on darkvision for visibility

Grand Lodge

Round 1
Valorian maintains his targeting of spriggan #4.
If his attacks drop this target, he will fire any remaining shots at spriggan #3

Attack Sequence:
*Darkwood Arrows, Point Blank Shot, Deadly Aim, Clustered Shot, Rapid Shot, Haste, Inspired Courage
Bow1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Bow2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Bow3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Bow4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Dmg1: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Dmg2: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Dmg3: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Dmg4: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Shanks will engage spriggan #1.
If he hits and trips it, he will use the Haste attack on the other one and attempt to trip it as well. Otherwise, he will just focus on #1.

Attack Sequence:
*Haste, Inspired Courage, Barkskin
Bite1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Dmg1: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 5) + 12 = 23
Trip1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Bite2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Dmg2: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 6) + 12 = 24
Trip2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20


Round 1
Valorian draws and pulls his arrows one after another, the muscles in his arms bulging from his effort. Spriggan 4 staggers as two arrows, nearly the same size as it, launch into its body. Valorian's final arrow transfixes it's body, and it falls to the ground with a surprised expression. Asharii dances forward, darting and weaving between the spriggans and Shanks. She slashes into the creature, her scimitar wreathed in flames and crackling lightning. Like a tree struck by lightning, the creature explodes in a shower of sap and splinters. Drezi advances, concentrating on the orb of water. It rolls west then east, over the two spriggans in the back. Spriggan 5 is buffeted by the waters, but manages not to get caught, while spriggan 3 jumps away...straight onto Swift Wind's advancing blade. Swift nearly misses it due to its wild flailing, but the fortunes smile upon him, and he manages to catch it under its arm. He strikes it a second time for good measure. Shanks turns to the spriggan remaining near him. He lunges once and is deflected by the creature's thorns, but shakes his head and snaps at its ankles. He latches on and pulls its feet out from under it, savagely crunching at it and shaking it like a toy. The Eagle dives to the same creature his master is attacking, disorienting it. Oggie puts the poor creature out of its misery with a well-placed shot to the chest, and cautiously advances towards the fire. Jokhas, noting the effectiveness of the blitzkrieg attack, sings hymns to Razmir's neverending grace at the spriggan being savaged by Shanks. Though terribly wounded, it does not appear to impressed, and has not been struck blind with shame. It stands up and attempts to flee into the woods. The last spriggan takes one look around at the havoc around it, and dives into the bushes behind it. Beside the thoroughly wet remains of the fire, the bound female creature groans softly.

I'm not at my computer, so I can't make a map right now, but I'm not sure we need one anymore. 2,3, and 4 are dead. 1 attempts to flee: Shanks and Asharii, give me an attack of opportunity. Number 5 moves into the woods behind it at full speed. If you choose to give chase, just tell me what square you move to and give me a Perception check. Assume that the map continues to the south. Otherwise, we are effectively out of combat rounds. As one last note, if you move into an area full of enemies, it would be helpful if you stated what squares you move through. During Asharii's movement, she had several paths she could take (which didn't really matter in this case since she had 60ft move and the enemies were flat-footed, but could matter at other times).

Rolls:

Spriggan 3 reflex save 1d20 ⇒ 16
Spriggan 5 reflex save 1d20 ⇒ 11
Spriggan 5 reflex save 1d20 ⇒ 18
Spriggan 1 fort save 1d20 ⇒ 18
Orb damage 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
Spriggan 5 stealth 1d20 ⇒ 5
Spriggan 1: -24
Spriggan 2: down
Spriggan 3: down
Spriggan 4: down
Spriggan 5: 7 nonlethal

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

AoO

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29 (additional +4 if sprigan wears metal armor or carries a metal weapon);
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 (additional +4 if sprigan wears metal armor or carries a metal weapon);
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15; Fire damage 1d6 ⇒ 2;
Additional Critical Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Asharii stays near Valorian ready to assist him if he decides to pursue the sprigan.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Oggie does not give chase but instead heads to the wounded unicorn and dryad to see if he can give any aid.

Grand Lodge

Shank's AoO:

Spoiler:
Atk:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Dmg: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 3) + 12 = 18

"Ah, bite the beast in half boy!"

Valorian begins to scan the treeline for additional threats.
If he sees a companion looking like they might pursue the fleeing spriggan,
"Stop! If is foolish to give chase to a fey in the woods. They may draw you into a trap or to the lair of more dangerous beast. Let it go. There will be time for more killing soon enough. Now, what to do with this other beast? She look helpless, but do not trust appearances."

Raising his bow and nocking a white plumed arrow, "Perhaps I should finish what the spriggan's started."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Swift Wind, seeing the Spriggan running away, whistles at Eagle and quickly begins to run towards the direction the plant moved. However, near the edge of the mist, just barely at the time that Valorian calls out Swift Wind stops. "Valorian, he may be telling his friends where we are and what we are doing. You and I can go through here unnoticed but our companions cannot! This could be also be a setup for a trap in the future. We might even be able to get information from this thing."

The Eagle, not being told to stop, flies quickly past the ranger into the mist.

Command Eagle to Seek, pointing in the direction the plant went.

Grand Lodge

Valorian sighs and shrugs, but not wanting his companion to pursue alone, rushes to follow.

Gruffly, "Swifty, your bravery serves you well. Let's just hope it outlasts your foolishness."

To Shanks, "Com'on boy, let's hunt us some fey."

Not sure if the spriggan has enough of a lead that we need to track him or just search for him visually

Pursuit:
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21 with a +2 terrain bonus
Survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 with a +2 terrain bonus

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

"We don't have much time, seconds at best. I'm going to search left of where he went, you go right. If we don't find him soon he'll be gone forever."

Swift Wind rushes out to the left of where the Spriggan escaped.

Swift Wind's Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Eagle's Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Swift Wind's Reroll (If still active): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Asharii appears puzzled at Swift Wind and Valorian's exchange. "I thought the two of you had heard about ambushes and stuff like that... Neither of you is very smart, huh?" she walks into the mist behind Valorian.
"Oggie please look after Swift Wind. Make sure to meet us back here in a half hour.
I hope the rest of you will see to the unicorn; I would really love to bring it back to my mistress in one piece... She cannot stand for unicorns."

Where ever will I find pink dye and ribbons in this wilderness?


One spriggan attempts to flee, but is quickly cut down by Asharii before being torn into teeny tiny splintery bits by Shanks.

Swift Wind, you catch sight of the last spriggan skulking in the bushes. You don't think you would have spotted him but for an extraordinarily lucky glance in the right direction. With a whistle to Valorian, you point him to the hiding spot of the spriggan, and both of you direct your sights.

Razmir thwarts me again! Valorian, Swift Wind, and animal companions, you can roll me a full round of attacks if you would like...I'm guessing we will get some charges and a quiver full of arrows incoming to the poor helpless fleeing foe.

Oggie approaches the two creatures. The unicorn is unconscious and hobbled, but appears to be stable. The female creature opens her eyes as he approaches, her beautiful face marred by tears and ash. She is bound tightly with rope, but does not shy away from him.

"My name is Fira. I would thank you for saving me, but it seems I have merely traded one cruel executioner for another." She gives a meaningful glance towards the sounds of Valorian's bow twang in the forest.

301 to 350 of 619 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nani's Realm of the Fellnight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.