Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Nani's Realm of the Fellnight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Nani Z. Obringer

Nani's Pathfinder Society Organized Play module.


551 to 600 of 619 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

"Then let's go meet our hidden malefactor. I shall fade from sight but will be no more than twenty feet from our point man"

Asharii casts a spell and suddenly blinks out of sight. Asharii's disembodied voice speaks again "Let's move it boys"

Asharii casts invisibility and stays 20' to the side of the leading person

Stealth check 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (6) + 27 = 33
Perception check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Swift Wind nods at Asharii. "We should go and see if we can surprise our enemy. He thinks he has the advantage." Swift Wind motions to Eagle, and it begins flying above him as the Shoanti begins walking up the steps. Crouching low he keeps his eyes towards the water looking for enemies to come out.

Stealth: 10+12=22
Eagle's Stealth: 10+9=19
Perception: 10+15=25* (+4 vs. human, +2 vs. magical beast)

Paizo Employee

Male Human Miracle-Worker of Razmir 7

Jokhas follows along, doing what little he can to remain unobtrusive. "They do have the advantage, for they are of elemental water. Water is their domain, and once they have someone swimming in their territory, they will strike with great strength."

He draws a jar from his bag and extracts a pickled squid, peeling off a tentacle that that he then twirls gently in one hand. "If you wish them flushed out, simply give the word," he offers with a low chuckle.

His power sings and calls but for a willing conduit, and conduit I shall be, oh Razmir!

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

"Flush-away Jokhas"

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Swift Wind smiles broadly while quietly stating, "That's what I said, Jokhas. He thinks he has the advantage."


Before stuff starts up, everyone okay with standard marching order as before: Swift Wind, Valorian, Shanks, Asharii, Jokhas, Oggie, 10", Drezi, Eagle? Asharii, do you mean you are going 20" behind the lead person? Because if you're to the side you're either on a cliff in heavy trees, or in the water going vertically up a waterfall :-P

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

I missed the small scale of the map. I will be 20' from the front character regardless of party order. The possition you indicate will be fine. If we reach a wider area Asharii moves forward to walk abreast of the front character.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

I'm good with the order

Paizo Employee

Male Human Miracle-Worker of Razmir 7

Glancing at the others for confirmation, Jokhas begins pacing about at the junction between the beach and the top of the earthen stairway. As he does so, he begins haranguing the hidden elementals with holy text - a select passage from Rites 4 - that Jokhas knows full well they cannot understand.

"Into the fourth You boldly strode
Earthen tile to water's dull edge
Unite Dissenting Elements
Seeker of infinite knowledge
Remember we that fateful road.

"Ripples first followed by torrent
Swirling rage, ye, and churning froth
Unite Dissenting Elements
What once was pure, now fouled with wrath
'Neath vaults rest a lake abhorrent."

Jokhas manifests Razmir's Lightest Step and begins gradually gaining height as he continues to chant and begins the refrain.

"Oh, naught but Truth our Master spoke
He climbed the stairs of elements
Reigned over winds, conquered fire'n smoke,
Cut through waves, and sharp crags invoked
To raise villas from tenements."

"A finger's twitch, waters parted
Liquid tamed, with much aplomb
Unite Dissenting Elements
Just as chaos He will becalm
Proceeded He to end what started."

By this point Jokhas is pacing twenty feet above the beach and ranting over the waterfalls' roar.

"In coralled court he recite'd paean
T'seven kings of thrice-rippled crowns
Unite Dissenting Elements
To seven kings came seven frowns
Before their strength Razmir did drain."

"Oh, naught but Truth our Master spoke
He climbed the stairs of elements
Reigned over winds, conquered fire'n smoke,
Cut through waves, and sharp crags invoked
To curse gods for their decadence."

Now gesticulating as if to impress upon the swirling elementals below how his patron once defeated their aquatic lords and how Jokhas will enact this same punishment upon the aquan servants.

Then he casts black tentacles (at the base of the central rock, which should smack most anything in the pool).

And Jokhas just cackles as his god condemns His foes either to die beneath the waves or impale themselves upon the waiting blades upon the beach.

CMB against all targets 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Osirion

Male Human Sorcerer-8

Hopefully it isn't too late to post this but I would like Drezi to have started the day's with casting Mage Armor, if it is too late, I am doing it during this current prep time
Drezi stays in his introspective state, his superstitions in high gear due to all the mention of evil fey and shadow magic. The mists are reminding him way too much of his home land (Ustalav) for his liking. He constantly wrings his hands and draws the spiral of Pharasma over his heart, clearly distracted by the growing menace in the mist. May the Lady of Graves protect us all. What is Jokhas going on about now?
spellcraft to see what spell Jokhas is casting1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Edit: Fixed my BB formatting.


Area E3:
A large bowl-shaped depression in the middle of the ravine lies half-filled by dual waterfalls descending from sheer cliffs above. The pool seems quite deep, with no bottom discernible from the shoreline, and remains turbulent as water funnels through the rocks to drop deeper into the gorge. Every few seconds a large swell of mist rises from the pool, obscuring all sight before slowly drifting into the forest. Just as the party arrives, the mist belches forth from the lake, and you can barely see anything at all. Jokhas finishes his prayer, and you can hear, but not see, a mad thrashing and roiling from the lake.

Sight conditions are as per obscuring mist. All sight beyond 5feet is total concealment, and within 5ft there is concealment.

Drezi, I think it's logical that you would have mage armor cast. Despite the implausibility of the enemies not reacting to Jokhas's 5 minute speech, we'll count that as his surprise round for the sake of streamlining this combat. Also...I just realized, you guys are totally next to a waterfall...but apparently it's only a +5 the the perception DC. Anywho, not going to worry about it :-P

Initiative
26 Swift Wind
25 Shanks
23 Valorian
23 Asharii
21 Drezi
21 Oggie
20 Enemies
15 Jokhas
9 Eagle

<<Map:Dead Man's Drop Round 1>>

GM ROLLS:

Valorian (+2 Terrain) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Shanks (+2 Terrain) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Eagle (+2 Terrain) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Swift Wind (+2 Terrain) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Jokhas 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Oggie 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Drezi 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Asharii 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Enemies 1d20 ⇒ 18
1d4 ⇒ 2

Paizo Employee

Male Human Miracle-Worker of Razmir 7

I just figure that if an enemy deigns to interrupt Jokhas, it will do so to everyone's amusement. He can always recite things at a later time, and he probably forgot that we were acting stealthily once given the go-ahead to start combat. I'm not too concerned one way or another, as the idea is mostly to flush out the hidden foes.

What, is the spell going to hold the elementals underwater so long that they drown? Ha!

Grand Lodge

With the obscuring fog, Shanks and Valorian (switching to axe) will ready to attack any non-ally that enters their threatened area/reach.

reminder that Shanks has scent and should benefit from some level of improved detection outside of the 5ft visual range

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Asharii delays until an enemy makes its resence known

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Swift Wind whistles to Eagle, pulls out his weapon, readying for an enemy to surface.

I'm not sure if something can charge through mist, but if it can, I tell Eagle to dive against something next to me, expecting something to surface. If I know that Eagle won't be able to charge, then I simply tell it to hover above me, delaying to attack whatever comes out. Swift Wind readies an attack.

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Miss chance (High good) 1d100 ⇒ 4
Readied Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Oggie knocks an arrow scanning the falls for danger.

Fiery words of inspiration burn through his mind ready to leap forth in support of his allies.

Oggie delays until an enemy is revealed

Grand Lodge

M Half Elf/Half Giant/Half Baboon Aristocrat 1/Bard 4/Expert 7/Samurai 2/Fighter 1
Asharii wrote:
Asharii delays until an enemy makes its resence known

ditto


Round 1:
Suddenly, a wave of water crests out of the mist and slams against Swift Wind. The dark swirling waters crash against his shield, but causes no harm to the sturdy ranger. Swift strikes back, but the waters recede before he can make contact. The large aqueous form froths and splashes in front of him.

<<Map: Dead Man's Drop R1>>

Remember, Swift Wind is the only character who can see the elemental. Shanks can sense the direction of the elemental and can pinpoint within 5ft :-)

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 16
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

EDIT: I missed Eagle's position change. Duly noted. It would be able to see the elemental at the end of its movement.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Eagle

Hearing it's masters command the sound of fighting, the bird of prey swoops down and attack the watery beast.

Bite attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Bite damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Swift Wind

I guess I should roll for Swift as well.

Swift Wind, deftly dodging the water that attempted to slam him, watches his opponent carefully while swinging and hacking at the beast.

Full-attack:
Katana Attack #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 76
Katana Attack #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 88
Klar Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 27

Katana Damage #1: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Katana Damage #2: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Klar Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Round 1

When the creature appears Asharii casts shield imbues her scimitar with flaming frost and moves to F12?

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Round 2

On her second turn Asharii uses her spell combat ability. Casts chill touch defensively and lashes at the creature with her blade using power attack.

Defensive casting vs DC 17: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Attack roll scimitar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21; Damage 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 5) + 12 = 32 +1 Str dmg on failed Fort save DC 14

Attack roll scimitar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27; Critical confirmation 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26; Damage 5d6 + 24 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 5, 2) + 24 = 45 +2 Str dmg on failed Fort save DC 14

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Round 1: Haste +1 attack / AC / reflex saves. +30 ft of movement. One extra attack on a full attack

Oggie dashes to the front and casts haste.

Move to F13 going through G15. Haste should hit all PCs and companions except for Drezzi.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Since I would get hasted before my attack. Adding the haste attack!

Katana Attack #3 (Hasted): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 89
Katana Damage #3 (Hasted): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Round 2 - continued.

Oggie's haste spell increases previous attack rolls by +1.

Extra scimitar attack from haste:
Attack roll scimitar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22; Damage 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 6, 6, 6) + 12 = 35 +1 Str dmg on failed Fort save DC 14


Waiting on one more person to post (as its only half the party so far). Also, just as a note for the future, it's helpful if you give extra damage from a crit separately :)

Asharii, this won't resolve until round 2, but just as a note, you hit, miss, miss.

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 7, 1d100 ⇒ 96
1d20 ⇒ 2, 1d100 ⇒ 14
1d20 ⇒ 9, 1d100 ⇒ 16

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Thanks Nani.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Oggie waits patiently for round 1 to resolve before taking any further actions


Round Summaries:

Round 1
Swift Wind: Readied Attack miss
Shanks: Ready TBD
Valorian: Ready TBD
Enemies: Attack misses Swift Wind
Asharii: Delay, Cast, imbue, move to F12
Oggie: Delay, Cast, move to G15
Eagle: Delay, Move, Attack miss
Drezi: Delay
Jokhas: Delay

Round 2
Drezi: Delaying TBD
Jokhas: Delaying TBD
Swift Wind: Full Attack, 2 hits
Shanks: TBD
Valorian: TBD
Enemies
Asharii: Full Attack, 1 hit
Oggie: TBD
Eagle: TBD

Round 2
The formless water before the party is beset on all sides by the party. Swift Wind strikes furiously, but is largely foiled by the thing's water tension. The wave of water crashes again against Swift Wind's shield, but is first avoided due tot the mist, and the second deflected skillfully by the warrior,. Behind you, you hear a faint cry of surprise and pain...somewhere in the mist.

For Drezi:
Little spellcasters should never stand in the back by themselves, muahahaha. You take 14 damage as a wave of water surges up the path from behind you.

<<Map: Dead Man's Drop R2>>

GM Rolls:

D: -35, -1 str
Fort Save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
D Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17, 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17, 1d100 ⇒ 6
D Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20, 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14, 1d100 ⇒ 76
B Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22, 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14, 1d100 ⇒ 79
Jokhas's Black Tentacles: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Round 1:
- Haste +1 attack / AC / reflex saves. +30 ft of movement. One extra attack on a full attack, Inspire Courage
- Inspire Courage +2 compentence bonus to attacks and Damage, +2 morale bonus to saves vs. fear.

Oggie roars his defiance at the elemental, "Die you foul thing! Die!"

He fires a single shot into the mist just beyond Swiftwind.

rolls/details:

Move action: Inspire Courage
Swift action: Arcane Strike
Standard action: Single shot at enemy
Miss Chance (high is good for me): 1d100 ⇒ 93
To Hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Round 3

Asharii becomes a whirlwind of slashing fiery and freezing attacks. She desperately tries to cut through the mist in time to assist the party's rear guard.

She once more weaves her magic into her strikes invoking an intensified shocking grasp into her assualt.

Attack roll scimitar + chill touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24; Damage 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 5) + 12 = 25 +1 Str dmg on failed Fort save DC 14

Attack roll scimitar + chill touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30; Critical confirmation 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26; Damage 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 4) + 12 = 26 + [ 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18] +1 Str dmg on failed Fort save DC 14

Combat casting vs. DC 17 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34

Attack roll scimitar + intensified shocking grasp: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18; Damage 10d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 4, 5, 1, 6, 1, 5, 5, 6) = 39

Grand Lodge

I assume my round one ready never triggers, so in round two...

Shanks will use scent, if possible, to move around to F/G-9/10 and bite

Spoiler:

*Haste+Inspire Courage
Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
DMG: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 6) + 12 = 22
Trip: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27 if applicable
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 40

Valorian will 5-ft step (??) into either D12 or F12 (whichever Asharii is not in) based on the actions of his companions and attack.

Spoiler:

Greataxe1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
DMG: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 26

Greataxe2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
DMG: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 51

Greataxe3: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 haste attack
DMG: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 37


Does Shanks squeeze past you and Swift Wind, or does he enter the water and paddle through the tentacles?

Grand Lodge

I guess he moves through our squares to get to the other side. The map is a little difficult to follow.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Round 2

Eagle at Initiative after Elemental

The Eagle bites and claws furiously at the water creature.

Full attack:

Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 10
Hasted Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 65
Claw #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 98
Claw #2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 25

Bite Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0 Includes DR
Hasted Bite Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0 Includes DR
Claw #1 Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 Includes DR
Claw #2 Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 Includes DR

Round 3

Swift Wind at Initiative right before Elemental(s), assuming it is dead...

Perception Check to hear Drezi: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21

With the water not stirring any longer in front of him, Swift Wind immediately turns around and runs through the trees, jumping down the embankment towards Drezi, tripping over the edge as he jumps. After this he dusts himself off and stands up.

Acrobatics check to jump down (I'm so going to fail): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Round Summary:

Round 2
Drezi: Delay
Jokhas: Delay
Swift Wind: Full Attack, 2 hits
Shanks: Move, Bite
Valorian: Full Attack, 3 hits
Enemies: Drip misses Swift, Bubbles noms Drezi
Asharii: Full attack, 3 hits, Drip Dies.
Oggie: Start Bard Song, redirects attack vs Bubbles
Eagle: Flies to Bubbles, misses on 1st attack

The water makes a futile attempt to hit Shanks as he goes by...and is immediately beset by Shanks and Valorian in their full fury. With foaming water and flashing axe, they strike out at the water. It lashes at Swift Wind, and misses. Asharii, her weapon glowing with fell magics, strikes deep into the quivering mass of liquid...and it explodes from her magical enemies. Oggie and the Eagle both switch to the unknown attacker.

Yes. the map is stupid :-P

<<Map: Dead Man's Drop R3>>

GM Rolls:

B: -6
Asharii Miss chances: 1d100 ⇒ 46, 1d100 ⇒ 89, 1d100 ⇒ 71
AoO on Shanks: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12, 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17, 1d100 ⇒ 94

Paizo Employee

Male Human Miracle-Worker of Razmir 7

Hearing a cry of pain and alarm, Jokhas descends towards "Bubbles." Noting that Swift Wind and Eagle are rushing to engage it, he invokes the One True God's Ire to hasten the elemental's demise.

Will DC 19: -2 AC 1 round or 6 rounds

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

Round 3

Balancing on the edge of the rocky ridge Asharii to flank the second watery assailant (K6) - as she does so she realigns her arcane powers (recall intensified shocking grasp).

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Round 3:
- Haste +1 attack / AC / reflex saves. +30 ft of movement. One extra attack on a full attack, Inspire Courage
- Inspire Courage +2 compentence bonus to attacks and Damage, +2 morale bonus to saves vs. fear.

Oggie steps and releases arrow after arrow at the last elemental.

Spoiler:

Free action - 5 foor Step to G14
Swift action - Arcane Strike
Full Attack
Hasted attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 , Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8, Miss change (high is good): 1d100 ⇒ 6
1st attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 , Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, Miss change (high is good): 1d100 ⇒ 75
2nd attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 , Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, Miss change (high is good): 1d100 ⇒ 13

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Oggie waits patiently for round 3 to resolve before taking any further actions

Osirion

Male Human Sorcerer-8

Round 3
Drezi stands in a horrible daze screaming in pain at being struck "OOoooowwww! I am wounded! That hurts!
Drezi takes a 5 foot step back to j10
Drezi steps back bringing both hands up in a sharp moment chanting in a deep thrum like an ice troll in the lands of Irrisen. 2 Stalagmites of ice spring from the ground. 2 spears, 1 each in M8 and L9
Ice Spears DC 21. M8: Piercing: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 Cold: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9 L8: Piercing: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 Cold: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10 CMB for trip: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (3) + 25 = 28


Round 3:

Drezi: 5-ft step, cast
Jokhas: move, ire
Swift Wind: move, stand up
Shanks: Delay
Valorian: Delay
Enemies: prone full attack
Asharii: Move to J8, recall
Oggie: move to G14, Full attack: miss, hit, miss
Eagle: Delay

Drezi screams for his life, backing up and summoning great spears of ice from the ground in panicked response. The spears of water seem to bring the creature off balance...more puddle now than a standing wave. The priest speaks his dread words...somehow carrying through to the dim witted creature and shaking it to its core. Swift Wind leaps heroically down the embankment...only to catch his foot on a protruding root and falling flat in an undignified heap. He quickly stands, hoping that no one noticed the mishap in the heat of battle. The poor hapless creature, pieced by two great spears of ice, angrily continues its assault from the ground, bashing Drezi once! twice! for 28 damage. Asharii balances on the edge of the cliff and does some fancy bladework. Oggie continues to shoot arrows into the mist, continuing his inspiring speech and landing a incredibly tricky shot.

<<Map: Dead Man's Drop R4>>

Asharii:
Assuming 60ft movement, I think that's about as far as you can get given the difficult terrain. Also, I think k6 is down the cliff...did you mean k7?

GM Rolls:

B: -6-6-10-11=-33
Will Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
AoO 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17, 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12, 1d100 ⇒ 20
Ref Save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Slam 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16, 1d100 ⇒ 97
Slam 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22, 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12, 1d100 ⇒ 80

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (shoanti) Ranger (falconer) 7

Round 4

Swift Wind deftly moves foward, ignoring the rocks and water at his feet, trying to press himself between the water beast and Drezi, striking when he can with his shield. Meanwhile Eagle continues clawing and biting continually, trying to prove its worth to Swift Wind.

Eagle Attacks:
+2 inspire courage, +1 haste, +1 high ground, +4 prone, I reduced damage for 5 DR

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Hasted Bite Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
Claw #1 Attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
Claw #2 Attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

Bite Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Hasted Bite Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Claw #1 Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Claw #2 Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Swift Wind Klar:
Move to K10, +2 inspire courage, +1 haste, +4 prone, -1 combat expertise, I reduced damage for 5 DR

Klar Attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
Klar Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

That is all right Nani

Round 4

Asharii steps to the edge of the cliff (K9) and slashes at the watery beast with abandon. "Die now beast of nature. DIE!"

Attack roll scimitar (with Power Attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Damage roll scimitar (with Power Attack): 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Osirion

Male Human Sorcerer-8

Round 4
The horribly wounded Drezi steps back (5 foot step to i11)"Anyone who can, I require healing as soon as possible." Drezi speaks word of arcane power as if drawn from his soul, he sweeps up his arms sending an arc of flame down on the water elemental. Burning Arc 8d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 1, 4, 4, 1, 6) = 22 Damage DC18 reflex save for half.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7

Round 4:
- Haste +1 attack / AC / reflex saves. +30 ft of movement. One extra attack on a full attack, Inspire Courage
- Inspire Courage +2 competence bonus to attacks and Damage, +2 morale bonus to saves vs. fear.

Oggie's progress towards the creature is as inevitable as the firey passion in his inspiring words and the relentless flight of his arrows.

Details:

Free action - 5 foot Step to H13
Swift action - Arcane Strike
Full Attack (+1 attack and damage due to point blank range)
Hasted attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24, Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 , Miss change (high is good): 1d100 ⇒ 90
1st attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17, Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 , Miss change (high is good): 1d100 ⇒ 5
2nd attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21, Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 , Miss change (high is good): 1d100 ⇒ 10

Osirion

Male Human Sorcerer-8

I was obviously not far enough back. Oh well, Pharasma gives, Pharasma takes, and Desna laughs

Paizo Employee

Male Human Miracle-Worker of Razmir 7

Lip service crafts no fortress, thinks Jokhas as Drezi steps back to evoke icy stalagmites.

As the sorcerer is thrashed by the elemental, Jokhas revises his thoughts, adding and apparently Pharasma is too keen to kill her faithful. He floats down to I10 and gives Drezi a gentle pull backwards. "We stand vigilant; your goddess will have to wait another day to meet you," the priest says, channeling Razmir's healing into Drezi.

The Stitching of Wounds 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (1, 5) + 7 = 13


Fire, Sword, Arrows, and Claw! The party descends as one in a frenzy, the full might of the group come to bear now that one of their own is injured. The water creature stands no chance, and lets out a final gurgle as its component liquid loses its integrity. The water collapses in on itself, and gushes onto the path, flowing down the rocks and back into the river.

All is quiet, as the lake above continues to emanate mist. it swirls around all of you in the wake of all the action, clinging to your limbs...almost inviting you onwards.

Cheliax

Female Tiefling Magus 7

"If that runt is responsible for summoning these creatures, we shoul not give him time to make further preparations.
Let's get 'im!"

The determination in her eyes is unmistakeable, though it is unsettling as it combines bloodlust and infantile excitement.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Mixed ancestry) Bard 7
Asharii wrote:

"If that runt is responsible for summoning these creatures, we shoul not give him time to make further preparations.

Let's get 'im!"

For an instant Oggie is unsure as to whether Valorian or Asharii is speaking.

Shaking off his confusion he casts detect magic and begins to scan the immediate area

551 to 600 of 619 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nani's Realm of the Fellnight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.