Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Mason's Rise of the Goblin General : The Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Eminem80

Provisions: 32
NPCs: Jet, Aubrin, Kinning, Oreld, Rhyna
Townfolk: 1 Adept (2), 1 Commoners (10), 1 Expert (1), 1 Warrior (3)

Oreld's Shop Map


1 to 50 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Oreld's Shop Map

Introduction for Arun, Khaz, Fergal, and JP

The past few days have flown by as the citizens of Falcon's Hollow celebrated your party's heroics. You all have been treated like kings. One of your party even decided he would stay and see what would come of a budding relationship with the village's herbalist. Sariel and Laurel have been seen together ever since the fateful night you returned with the ingredients for the remedy. As is always the case, another party member decided your path was far too dangerous. The crazy mage Avogrado, who instigated the wrath of the killer man-eating cauldron, hightailed it out of town as soon as possible.

You are now gathering to accompany and guard the Falcon's Hollow merchants' caravan on its trip to Phaendar for its famous Market Festival. Deldrin Baleson, the town's sheriff, approaches you. "I hate to see you go, but I feel much safer knowing you will be escorting our people." He smiles and offers his hand to each of you. "I can not thank you enough. You are welcome here anytime."

Khaz senses that he is heading in the right direction... that Torag's sovereign will is guiding his steps.

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

M Human Druid 2 | HP 15/19 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F+4, R+3, W+6 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc. +8 | Spd 30

Introduction for Arun, Khaz, Fergal, and JP

Fergal smiles at the sheriff and shakes his hand. "Happy to help, s'truth. I'm glad your people seem to be feelin' better, too, I am. As for your caravan, we'll keep it as safe as we can, sure enough. Isn't that right, Rusco?" Fergal rubs the fox between his ears and gives him a small bit of jerky.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

Introduction for Arun, Khaz, Fergal and JP

As the time nears for the caravan to depart, the bustle outside the village hightens. Drovers carry out final checks on their beasts, merchants tighten buckles and straps securing their loads, and goodbyes are called across a rising hum of activity.

As the caravan is on the point of leaving, a black mare gallops up the street, ridden exuberantly by a tousled man wearing gaudy-coloured clothes and a sash festooned with scrollcases. It takes a moment before you recognise the rider as Arun, the portly mage who disappeared last week.

In the short time since you saw him last, he seems altered somehow; leaner, tired, drained perhaps, but more confident and vigorous. And he smells of perfume with a smear of lipstick on his cheek.

"Khaz! Fergus! JP! Hold up!" He reins in the horse at the side of the caravan, leaps down and embraces his companions, for marginally longer than they feel comfortable with.

"How are you all? Khaz I am so sorry to have left you before you returned to the vault. You must tell me what you found. Oh, and I just saw Sariel and Laurel: it seems I am not the only one to have found sensual delight in Falcons Hollow, eh? Speaking of which, remind me later to tell you all about my sinful week with that mage, Re-zorza; after all, we have many hours to catch up together on the road ahead !"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Oreld's Shop Map

Introduction for Bahram

Bahram enters the Taproot Inn. The place is mostly empty. The majority of the townfolk are preparing for the Market Festival. A massive fireplace and the horns of two dozen elk make up most of the bar’s decor. Behind the bar is a young lady. The lady looks like a mix of Shoanti and Varisian descent with twin black braids, black eyes, and an iconic teal scarf around her waist. She is wiping down the bar as you enter, but looks up and gives you a warm smile. "Welcome to the root. I am Jet. What can I get you?"


Oreld's Shop Map

Introduction for Brunner

Brunner safely escorts a merchant caravan to Phaendar. The group starts dispersing through the town shortly after their arrival. He immediately heads to the Phaendar Trading Company to meet a lady he has heard much about. Kining Blondebeard is well known in the region for her smithing. She crafts some of the finest weapons and armor in the land. Up until the last few years, she had lived and worked in Glimmerhold where Brunner's family had done business with the Dwarven mistress. Something went sore there though and she bought her current business. Not revealing the details, she leaves her harsh dwarven persona to fend off nosy customers.

When Brunner arrives, he sees Kining in the smith behind the store. He travels around the back and walks inside. She is steadily hammering a piece of red hot metal. She turns to look at you. Pausing the hammer in mid swing, she addresses you. "And what the hell do you want?"

IMAGE OF KINING


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

’Pleasant as always I see.’ Stopping for a moment to admire her work. Watching the iron tongs in her left gloved hand shifting the metal so it’s placed perfectly on the anvil. Her right arm, held at the correct angle, as she lifts from the shoulder using core muscles to swing the hammer to the exact location needed to bring the hot steel into shape. Brunner nods his head and smiles. ” Nae fur a kiss that’s fur sure. but Ah see yer hammer-work is still perfect, a true hin' ay beauty.” Settling down on a nearby anvil he continues. ” Ah was playin' guard tae a caravan headed thes way. thooght Ah woods bide a bit an' swatch fur wark. Thooght ye micht be th' bodie tae spake tae abit a job.”

just in case:

I thought I would put the first few conversation’s in spoilers, so you could get a feel for the translator, if it’s too rough after a while I will try and tone it down by mixing my original sentence with the translators sentence using the words to flavor.
”Not for a kiss that’s for sure. But I see your hammer-work is still perfect, a true thing of beauty.”
”I was playing guard to a caravan headed this way. Thought I would stay a bit and look for work. Thought you might be the person to speak to about a job.”

Silver Crusade

"Tabriklar!"

Kelish:
"Greetings!"

Bahram strides over to the bar and drops two heavy fists onto its pitted and stained but well polished surface. He is a big man bedecked in colourful silks that show the detritus of many days hard riding. There is a joy and playfulness in his eyes that is not reflected in his stony expression.

"I will have a drink of wine. Your town is busy. Business suits it well but is not normal, what is happening?"


Oreld's Shop Map

Introduction for Brunner

"Who'd kiss a face like yours anyway!" She says it with anger in her voice, but you sense she is enjoying the banter. She starts pounding the red hot metal again. "I might have some business fur ya. Between runnin' the post and tryin' to keep up quality, I've been run ragged. Grab a hammer and show me what ya got." She puts her hammer down and backs a way.

Give me a craft/blacksmithing skill roll


Oreld's Shop Map

Introduction for Bahram

Jet pours a glass of eleven red wine and then places it in front of Bahram. Tis for the Market Festival. It starts this weekend. This place will be busting at the seems in a day or two." Her tone is pleasant. "You are an odd looking one for this time of year. No offense. There is just not normally military men here around this time. By the way, I like you garb? It reminds me of my homeland, Varisia. What brings you to town?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

Once on the road, Arun catches up with the others and their news of the last week. He is intruiged to hear of Khaz' feeling that he is being guided by Torag towards Phaendar, on the trail of the stolen artifact. Further, he is interested to see that JP has abandoned his ravenbane sling for a bow.

Once conversation turns to his own activities, he describes (in perhaps too much detail) how he met a teacher who opened his eyes to revelations in enchantment magic his teachers had never covered.

He grins goodnaturedly when the others move him swiftly away from the subject; I forget sometimes how the art of seizing control of anothers' mind makes others uneasy he muses.

After a week of intense study, and other things, the week-long ride is a welcome change and a chance to renew the bonds of friendship with the others.

-Posted with Wayfinder


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

'Can't hurt to spend a little while working the forge.' Brunner smiles, scratching his chin through his thick beard, ” Mah mammy didn’t min' kissin' me, but she was a saint.” then winks. Stepping to the corner, dropping his pack he quickly takes off his breastplate and war-kilt and unties his tool bag from his rucksack and drops it by an anvil.

Pulling his apron out of the tool bag, he sets several hammers and tongs ” Let’s start wi' somethin' simple, every belt, scabbard, bit an' breastplate need buckles.” He goes to the storage rack and selects several narrow rods of iron, resting their ends in the coals. Going to the bellows, ” Ye don’t min' if Ah gie th' temperature up a wee bit dae ye?” He starts to pump them causing the coals to goal.

After spending several minutes on the bellows he goes back to his anvil, slipping his leather gloves on, he grasps the cool end of the first rod, quickly turning, hammering turning some more and then bending it down, snapping the iron rod off of the partially finished buckle. Setting the rod back in the flame he dunks the buckle into the bucket of water. Lifting the narrower rod he rests the hot end on the finished buckle, quickly twisting and hammering he places a tongue on the now complete buckle. Cooling the finished buckle and then lifting it up with the iron tongues. ” Sae which impresses ye mair, hoo quickly Ah did 'at, ur hoo braw it looks?”

craft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

translation:
“My mother didn’t mind kissing me, but she was a saint.”
“Let’s start with something simple, every belt, scabbard, boot and breastplate need buckles.”
“You don’t mind if I get the temperature up a little bit do you?”
“So which impresses you more, how quickly I did that, or how nice it looks.”


Oreld's Shop Map

Introduction for Brunner

Kining tries to look unimpressed, but once again her eyes give her away. She inspects the buckles. "Hmmmm. Not ta bad I guess...you've got the job." She puts back on her own gloves. "I've got an account at the root. Tell Jet I've got ya fer the next few weeks. Yer quality goes down and your gone...got it?" She goes back to hammering. A slight grin crosses her face, she says rudely "hoo braw it looks..."


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

Brunner begins making a matching buckle to the first, exact in every detail, as he works the iron he asks, "Dae ye want me tae keep makin' nick nacks fur th' fair ur woods ye raither Ah wark oan somethin' mair specific?" His eyes look around quickly for a ledger or work order list.

translation:
"Do you want me to keep making nick nacks for the fair or would you rather I work on something more specific?"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bahram nods his thanks for the complement

"I have never been to Varisia. With chance I will be gone before the town fills. I am only passing through to Tamran but the horse has thrown a shoe. There is a farrier in town?"

Bahram dips two fingers into the wine and, with a flick, spatters a few drops onto the floor.

"yo'q, do'stlar uchun havoga berilgan qismi"

Kelish:
"A portion given to air for absent friends"

The words are quiet but the barmaid can hear them clear enough. This done Bahram quaffs deeply from the wine

"Passable for a northern vintage. Thank you. What is the debt?"


Male Human Monk(Qinggong Monk/Zen Archer) 1 / Medium(Relic Channeler) 1 (HP 17/17) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 17) (Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7) (Init +5) (Perception +14)

Earlier, in Falcon's Hollow:

Jean-Pierre nods gravely to Sherrif Baleson.

"This one is just grateful that the group was able to acquire the ingredients for the cure in time, to limit the number of deaths. Hopefully, economic viability will quickly return to the area."

On the road:

Jean-Pierre remains quiet and contemplative, keeping a weather-eye out for any possible threats. Nevertheless, the others notice that there is something a little bit different about him, almost as if he is seeing the world through new eyes...

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

During the course of the journey, as the sun sets on another day on the road and Arun returns from helping gather wood for the evening campfire, he approaches the more-than-usually taciturn JP. "I can't help but notice, my friend, that there is something a little bit different about you. What's on your mind? Are you missing the company of Avogadro and Sariel? Are you worried about the witch we faced together? It's almost as if you have decided upon some change in your life in the leaving of Falcons Hollow. Can I help?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Monk(Qinggong Monk/Zen Archer) 1 / Medium(Relic Channeler) 1 (HP 17/17) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 17) (Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7) (Init +5) (Perception +14)

Jean-Pierre muses thoughtfully for a moment, before giving Arun a startled look, and replying (slightly sheepishly):

"The world has changed; a key moment in time has been reached, as the past once again collides with the present, approaching an event horizon that will determine the course of future events for the entire region. As a result of this, things long dust have been awoken. This one notes that he encountered... something... in the mines, a fragment of a mind that once was... an echo of an ego long gone. It was quiet at first, speaking to this one only in dreams, urging him to take up a mantle, and finish a task half-forgotten by the waking world, but eventually it directed him to an unmarked grave, from which he was able to retrieve a... special... longbow. Following this, the fragment gained strength, and was able to break through into the waking world, influencing the conscious mind. What exists now is more a symbiosis of will, a blending of minds; separate from its parts, but somehow greater; a true synthesis of what was, and what is, forming a gestalt better able to deal with that which is to come..."

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

Arun stares at the man he considered to be a barbarian before. Blink. Blink. Well, I did ask. That's more and longer words than I ever heard from JP previously. Truely, he has changed.

Putting an arm around his friend's shoulders, he sighs, "It seems we all underwent a transformation of sorts last week. I can only guess what further changes and challenges lie ahead for us."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

Sitting next to Arun and Jean, Khaz kept quiet. He has no idea. His friend and fellow smith was talking about transformations of the mind. Khaz could feel something stir in his soul. It had started when he had gotten the ring. It felt like there was a forge inside of him, with red-hot flames roaring like a wounded dragon. He knew that the ring was a artifact of his people and that it was blessed by his god. He knew that since putting the ring on, he had felt stronger, braver, more determined than ever before. But at the same time it was a scary feeling, as he felt less like himself. It made him wonder exactly what the ring was changing within him, and what he had given up for this new found strength.

With that all said, he did not want to worry his companions. What was the point bringing up a problem without a solution? No. This was the will of his god, and he would follow that to whatever end.


Oreld's Shop Map

Introduction for Brunner

Brunner Hammerfell wrote:
Brunner begins making a matching buckle to the first, exact in every detail, as he works the iron he asks, "Dae ye want me tae keep makin' nick nacks fur th' fair ur woods ye raither Ah wark oan somethin' mair specific?" His eyes look around quickly for a ledger or work order list.

Kining smiles at the Dwarf's readiness to jump in. "How about a few of those fancy buckles and then maybe some horseshoes."

The next few days fly by as Brunner and Kining work in the smithy together. Kining goes from working with Brunner to overseeing her trading post. Brunner enjoys a comfortable room in the evenings at the Taproot Inn, affectionately called "the root" by the townsfolk.


Oreld's Shop Map

Introduction for Bahram

Bahram Alhazred wrote:

Bahram nods his thanks for the complement

"I have never been to Varisia. With chance I will be gone before the town fills. I am only passing through to Tamran but the horse has thrown a shoe. There is a farrier in town?"

Bahram dips two fingers into the wine and, with a flick, spatters a few drops onto the floor.

"yo'q, do'stlar uchun havoga berilgan qismi"

The words are quiet but the barmaid can hear them clear enough. This done Bahram quaffs deeply from the wine

"Passable for a northern vintage. Thank you. What is the debt?"

"There's a blacksmith. Kining's her name. She does good work, but I would refrain from pissing her off."

Jet gives a surprised and then disapproving look as the man splatters drops of his wine on her recently mopped floor. She has no idea what he says, but she figures that it is something like-"I splatter drops of wine on your newly mopped floor to show I am superior to you". Boy...Kining is going to eat this guy alive.

She shakes the thought out of her mind and responds to the man's question. "One silver please. Here's to safe travels."


Oreld's Shop Map

Khaz, Arun, and Jean Pierre arrive to Phaendar around mid morning. The town is bustling with people as merchants from all over the region scurry about, setting up their booths. The Falcon's Hollow crew quickly gets to doing the same. The three "caravan guards" are pointed to the local inn, named The Taproot. One of the merchants from the Hollow waves bye to them. "We'd love to have you go back with us when the festival is over. You are heroes back home!"

A massive fireplace and the horns of two dozen elk make up most of the bar’s decor. Every table is taken, but there are seven stools open at the bar. Behind the counter is a young lady. The lady looks like a mix of Shoanti and Varisian descent with twin black braids, black eyes, and an iconic teal scarf around her waist. She is wiping down the bar as you enter, but looks up and gives you a warm smile. "Welcome to the root. I am Jet. What can I get you?"

A tired looking Dwarf Brunner is the only other person at the bar. He has a large pint of ale sitting in front of him.


Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

Khaz thanks the merchant, and warmly shakes his hand. The man was a good sort, and the dwarf said that he would indeed love to return to the town, for it would always hold a special place in his heart.

At the taproom Khaz said to Arun and Jean Pierre "First round's on me. Tell me what ye want." Then, seeing Brunner, he called out "Oi, kinsman! Ye be lookin' a mite bit tired. Come, join us for a drink."

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

"Khaz you hero - a reviving shot of brandy is exactly what we need. After a day on the road, a dry throat calls for lubrication - shall we settle in with the whole bottle?" He moves to the bar and starts filling glasses, for himself, Jean, Khaz, Fergus and the tired dwarf, if he'll join them.

Turning to the barkeep, Arun raises one eyebrow and his hopes. "Madame, its a pleasure to be here in the Tap. It's before your time, but as a lad I came here with my father. Tell me, what's new in town?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Monk(Qinggong Monk/Zen Archer) 1 / Medium(Relic Channeler) 1 (HP 17/17) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 17) (Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7) (Init +5) (Perception +14)

Jean-Pierre nods in acceptance of the glass, but sips slowly and carefully, content to let the fire of the brandy gently seep down his throat, and warm him from the inside out.

Silver Crusade

GM Mason wrote:

Introduction for Bahram

"There's a blacksmith. Kining's her name. She does good work, but I would refrain from pissing her off."

Jet gives a surprised and then disapproving look as the man splatters drops of his wine on her recently mopped floor. She has no idea what he says, but she figures that it is something like-"I splatter drops of wine on your newly mopped floor to show I am superior to you". Boy...Kining is going to eat this guy alive.

She shakes the thought out of her mind and responds to the man's question. "One silver please. Here's to safe travels."

"Kining. Thanks to you Jet."

Bahram places two silver pieces on the counter

"Good advice pays twice."

Downing the wine and turning to leave the big man pauses and unties a silken cloth that forms part of his sleeve. He folds it loosely and places it next to the coins.

"From one traveler away from home to another."

With a hint of a smile on his face Bahram heads for the door.

Just wanted to post a little bit, I'll update with how I meet the party in the morning (its 1am here right now...)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

earlier
Brunner quickly make two dozen more buckles, making a fourth of them smaller sized for children or halflings. He then began making several different styles of horse ‘shoes’ knowing that farriers would need different types shoes to ‘finish’ depending on the type or job of the horse. As the sun goes down, Brunner finishes the last of the rough horse shoes. ’tomorrow I will he here early and roll more bars, so we have working material. Then maybe Kining will let me prepare some steel for weapons and armor. At least I am back at a forge there is no greater way to serve Torag working at the forge using the talents he has given you.’

Brunner quickly falls into a routine. Rising before the sun and eating a quick breakfast at the inn he heads to the smithy. Then spending sunrise to sunset, crafting at the smithy, working first on any orders or refilling inventory, he then begins the process heating Iron to steel to make weapons and armor. Returning to the Inn for dinner and then to bed. Having finished his dinner Brunner was sipping a dark ale when a red headed dwarf in a finely made chain shirt with a rough hammer marches in with a group of adventurers. When the dwarf hales him, and invites him over, Brunner ponders for a moment. ’I’ve got a few minutes before bed, no need not to be friendly and see what’s going on in the world.’

now
Brunner pushes his empty plate away, laying a few coppers on the bar, tipping the server, since the meals were included with the room. He picks up his ale and wanders over to the table and seats himself beside the dwarf. Hearing his friend call Khaz a ‘hero’ Brunner enters with that, raising an eyebrow, waiting to hear the story. ” Th' names Brunner Hammerfell. it soonds loch thaur is a tale tae be tauld. ”

Silver Crusade

Introduction for Bahram

Spoiler:

Bahram exits the tavern and catches the sound of ringing metal in the air. With a whistle Shirin is at his side and he runs his fingers through her mane as the two walk toward the forge. As he turns a corner he spots a pair of dwarves hammering away.

"Salom. I am called Bahram. I am told to look for Kining, for word of the quality of her work precedes her. My friend Shirin here is in need of a shoe. Maybe a full set if you have the time. I have heard great things of dwarven metal, they say it is the best outside of my homeland."

Bahram looks to the two dwarves expectantly

OK so I see it going down like this: Bahram has his horse shod and then does a little provisioning as he has ridden hard for over a day he arranges for comfortable stabling and heads back to the Taproot to see his new friend Jet where he meets everyone. I'll pick up from there so we are not delayed, but I'm more than happy to RP through the other stuff.

Bahram steps into the bar and recognises one of the dwarves from the smithy drinking and carousing with some more out of towners.

"My sincerest apologies for interrupting your merriment friends but I have words for this dwarf. My thanks for your work. It is almost of a kind with Kelish work, I had only hoped for less. Shirin is happy, I am happy. May I fill your cup?"


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

@forge:
OK, couple of things, Brunner is trained in making armor and weapons, so a buckle is very doable because both armor and shields and sword scabbards would all have buckles. Horse shoes blanks wouldn’t be hard to make. The furrier who put them on would have to form them to the horse’s hoofs. But Brunner isn’t a farrier, so it will have to be Kinning who actually shoes the horses.

Looking up from fabricating steel dowels, Brunner, having heard the human addresses his employer stops hammering and picks up four shoes for a small horse off of the shelf. As he carries over the four shoes he comments. ” Tha sinn a 'Kinning bheannaich an-diugh! Oir tha sinn a 'tadhal air an aingeal o nèamh an-diugh. Oir tha fios againn a-mhàin Torag ann an dùthaich a th 'ann meatailt nas mìne na troichean a dh'iarraidh.” He nods to the human and smiles at Kinning as he rests the four shoes on her anvil, winking. ” Gu mì-fhortanach tha mi gun eòlas sam bith air mar a cruidhean a dhol air eich. Mar sin tha e a 'tuiteam a tha thu a' dèiligeadh leis an each aige agus an asail.” He then turns, whistling a jaunty tune and goes back to his anvil.

dwarven in forge:
1st line: "We are blessed today Kinning! For we are visited by an angel from heaven today. Because we know only in Torag's country is there metal finer than dwarfs."
2nd line "Unfortunately, I have no knowledge as to how to shoe horses. So it falls to you to deal with the horse and his ass."

at the tavern
’Ah the trooper from earlier today, a shame, I thought the horse was the smarter of the pair... I wonder if he actually means that as a compliment.’ Seeing the Keleshite Cavalier enter the inn, Brunner lifts his stein in acknowledgement to the man’s off handed compliment. Waiving at an empty chair, ” Nae apology necessary. kinnin' did th' wark, but i’m glad 'at yer cuddie likes th' fit. Mah mug is still foo, but join us. Khaz was in th' wey o teel us a story ay bravery”

common in the inn:
"No apology necessary. Kinning did the work, but I’m glad that your horse likes the fit. My mug is still full, but join us. Khaz was about to tell us a story of bravery."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

"Bravery and heroism indeed, master dwarf!" Arun explained, looking across at Khaz. "We can recount tales of carnivorous cauldrons and recumbent ravens! Although, " here he pauses for thought, "as my friend Fergal pointed out on the ride here, more worrying is the fact that we were ambushed by a warg pack, and intercepted a hobgoblin raider. There's little history of wargs crossing the river to this area. And hobgoblins are not normally solitary in nature; they are typically organised, regimented even." He shakes his head, "We ought to report this to the local watch commander here. The ever-stretched Nirmathis authorities have enough to worry about with the Molthians, without goblinoid raiders, too."

-Posted with Wayfinder


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

Brunner had settled into his chair with his stein of ale ready for a good bedtime story. Mildly surprised when the stout, gaudily dressed human began to speak. 'Carnivorous cauldrons and recumbent ravens, this one knows how to start a tale... Warg pack? Hobgoblin raiders?' Hearing of goblin raiders, Brunner, almost spilling his ale jumps to his feet. "Hobgoblins moonted oan wargs? ye ur reit, thes shoods be reported tae th' authorities! we shoods sit up a watch tae keep an yak it! Possibly gang swatch fur them oorselves ." Brunner glances from his fellow dwarf to the eastern cavalier for support, 'I'd wager these two would be willing to ride after hobgoblins.'

common:
"Hobgoblins mounted on wargs? You are right, this should be reported to the authorities! We should set up a watch to keep an eye out! Possibly go look for them ourselves."


Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

"Aye, terrible beasts. If only they knew the word o' Torag mayhaps they'd be less destructive. But the sightin's been reported. And, well, look at this 'ere ring." He shows the ring with Torag's symbol on it. "Given by the guardian spirit o' a dwarven ruin. A thief broke into it an' stole an artifact under the spirit's protection. This ring will glow when we be near. Me comrades 'ere fought valiantly against the worgs which took up their homes in the mines an' have agreed to aid me in doin' the forge father's will. As much as I'd like to keep vigil, me priority will be towards fulfillin' me oath, ye ken?"


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

'Guardian spirit of a dwarven ruin, truly an interesting ring, an oath given, must be honored.’ Brunner nods his head solemnly, and quotes a proverb out of ‘Hammer and Tongs’ ” An bòid a thoirt seachad, feumaidh a chumail, bho ghinealach gu ginealach.” ’He travels with these men, they must be worth trusting.’ looking from Khaz to the others as he sits back down, he adds ”If thaur is onie way Ah can help ye fufill thes oath Ah am at yer disposal. In th' meantime we shoods make sure th' toon has a strategy tae deal wi' onie possible problems frae raidin' hobgoglins.” He then takes another sip of his ale waiting to see what anyone has to say.

Translations:

Dwarven:”An oath given must be kept from generation to generation.”
Common:”If there is any way I can help you fufill this oath I am at your disposal. In the meantime we should make sure the town has a strategy to deal with any possible problems from raiding hobgoglins.”

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

Arun leans back from the bar where the two dwarves and four humans are standing, and scans the crowded room for anyone in a uniform of either the town watch, or the Nirmathas army.

If he sees someone, he invites (with alcohol in hand) them to join the group, so we can discuss with them a) security in the area, and b) whether there has been any other sightings of gobliniods or wargs locally.

If there is no one, then he'll seek to enlist the barkeep, Jet, the talk with the group on the same topics.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

"A good lad ye be, a dawi o' honor! Iffin' ye be seein' any dwarven goods bein' sold that he out o' the ordinary, please keep me informed. This ring will know the truth. But aye, the hobgobbos be a threat right an' true. We're new to town. Be they having a standin' militia or an armed force? I'll gladly add me hammer n' prayers to this town's defense." Then, after a moment he added "Ye quote the holy words well. A right fool I've been, talkin' yer ear off. Ye sound like a soul o' Kraggoddan. What brings ye away from yer hearth?"


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

Brunner sipped his ale and shrugged his shoulders, but there was a twinkle in his eye at the thought of telling a little story. Telling his tale in common so the others could understand. ” That’s an easy story. As ye ken, it’s a dwarf’s responsibility tae provide fur those less fortunate. Mah fowk ur th' Hammerfell’s ay Kraggodan, fa craft an' seel braw weapons an' finer armur. Sae Ah traveled aroond Nimathas sellin' wares, demonstratin' uir skill an' acceptin' orders.”

He sets his ale on the table and looks straight at Bahram, ” 'at way th' humans near an' far can be blessed wi' truly magnificent metal frae th' workings ay a forge 'at honors Torag.”

The twinkle in Brunner’s eye turns to a frown then quickly a scowl. ” 'en 'at rockit in Molthune chose tae lay siege tae th' ‘Sky Citadel’ an' Ah wasn’t able tae return haem. Sae Ah went back tae th' fowk we waur daein' business wi' an' explained th' situation, givin' them their bunsens back an' reassurin' them ance th' siege was lifted business woods return back tae normal.”

Picking his ale back up. ”Ance Ah spoke tae mah family’s customers, Ah went tae Glimmerhauld tae swatch up an auld fowk business associate, a dwarven mistress name o' Kinin' Blondebeard. Ah learned she moved 'er business haur, sae Ah took wark, guardin' a caravan, comin' thes way.”

He takes a sip of his dark ale, smacking his lips. ”Ance Ah arrived haur ta Phaendar Ah spoke wi’ Mistress Kinnin', abit workin' fur 'er until thes unpleasantness passes. that’s whaur uir Keleshite cavalier foond me thes efternuin, when he cam searchin' fur sheen fur his pit.” Brunner nods to the cavalryman, setting his ale down, his story finished.

translation:
common: That’s an easy story. As you know it’s a dwarf’s responsibility to provide for those less fortunate. My family are the Hammerfell’s of Kraggodan who craft and sell fine weapons and finer armor. So I traveled around Nimathas selling wares, demonstrating our skill and accepting orders.

Common:”That way the humans near and far can be blessed with truly magnificent metal from the workings of a forge that honors Torag.”

common:”Then that fool in Molthune chose to lay siege to the ‘Sky Citadel’ and I wasn’t able to return home. So I went back to the people we were doing business with and explained the situation, giving them their money back and reassuring them once the siege was lifted business would return back to normal.

Common:”Once I spoke to my family’s customers, I went to Glimmerhold to look up an old family business associate, a Dwarven mistress named Kining Blondebeard. I learned she moved her business here, so I took work, guarding a caravan, coming this way.

Common: Once I arrived here to Phaendar I spoke with Mistress Kinning, about working for her until this unpleasantness passes. That’s where our Keleshite Cavalier found me this afternoon, when he came searching for shoes for his pet.”

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

Interested, the mage leans forward with a question: "Master Brunner, you tell a sad story, and one all to common round these parts. Too many honest folk have been reduced to homeless refugees due to this damned war with Molthune. It's been many years since their forces penetrated as far as Phaendar, but I see no end to this conflict.

But I have a question; surely the dwarven cities can be accessed from below ground as well as from above? Do the Molthunians now possess troops or magics capable of beseiging a Dwarven Hold from below as well as above? That is indeed grave news."

-Posted with Wayfinder


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

'From below as well as above? hhhmmmm never thought about it.' Brunner shrugs. "Ah dornt hae a scooby, aam nae thaur." Taking another sip of his ale. Looking around the table, he asks "Sae whaur will ye start lookin' fur thes thief."

translate:
Common: 'I don't have a clue. I'm not there."

Common: 'So where will you start looking for this thief?'

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

Arun glances over at the druid sitting quietly at the table "Fergal, you seem lost in your thoughts! Take a glass of brandy and share your what's on your mind!

Taking a slug from his own glass, and refilling it along with any other glasses needing attention, Arun attempts to recall what he can about the Dwarven stronghold of Kraggodan. Action: kn local/geog (same skill level): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Unresolved actions from previous posts:

- ask Jet for the details of anything new in Phaendar: kn local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

- scan the room for the town watch, or the Nirmathas army: perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6. If successful, ask them (or if not, ask Jet, about security in the area, and whether there has been any other sightings of gobliniods or wargs locally. diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Silver Crusade

Taken somewhat aback by the dwarf's rude refusal of his offer of a drink Bahram none the less takes a seat beside the motley group. He beckons over a server and requests another glass of the wine he had had earlier and, as he waits for the order listens in on the conversation.

"Ablah ko'pik"

He mutters under his breath at the mention of the Molthians, none of those present understand Kelish (I don't think?) but the look on Bahram's face makes the translation clear enough, he is not a fan.

As talk turns to the authorities and reporting the hobgoblin sighting Bahram speaks up once more

"Make your reports. Do not expect Action. The suffering of the people is silence to the ears of authority. The people must trust to the strong, and the strong must cover the people with their wings. i am moving on in the morning, I shall look for hobgoblins as I travel."

Once his drink arrives and talk turns to dwarven strongholds and familial obligations, Bahram's attention wains. His eyes drift into the middle distance and his thoughts turn to Haaro and the others he had left behind. So distracted is he that he entirely misses Brunner's jibe at his 'pet', probably a good thing.


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

Brunner watches and listens as the large man involves 'Fergal in the conversation, and then as he speaks to others in the tavern.

'"The suffering of the people is silent to the ears of authority...people must trust the strong.? What a troubling thought...I wonder if all humans see their leadership in such a poor light.' Wanting to change the conversation from politics and interested in the cavalryman's travels, Brunner asks. "Tell us Sir knight, Where are your travels taking you to?"

What's funny is I was trying to think of some term to identify the notion that Brunner didn't fully understand the relationship between a cavalryman and his mount. Pet seemed to make the most sense. So it was more a reflection on Brunner's ignorance than an intended insult, but I like the fact that Bahram would have been offended.

Silver Crusade

"No Sir and no Knight, smith. I am a soldier."

As though this is the only definition required

"You may call me Bahram. I am summoned to Tamran. I do not know why but I know I will be returning this way soon. My heart lives with my muster. Sarenrae himoya."


Oreld's Shop Map

The group continues to drink and get to know each other as the afternoon turns to evening. The crowd in the Inn grows. Before long, the common room is packed.

Phaendar’s Market Festival draws a crowd from all over Nirmathas, many solely to hear Aubrin the Green—the retired Chernasardo Ranger-turned-Caydenite cleric—recount bawdy tales of adventure from her youth. Outside, the celebration continues, as raucous shouts carry on the night air. Warmed by the firelight after a long day, any levity comes as a welcome reward to the rough, earthy souls of this riverside trade town.

Jet taps a glass loudly with a pewter spoon, summoning everyone's attention. PING...PING...PING! "Excuse me please! We have a wonderful treat tonight to open the Market Festival! Our very own war hero, Aubrin the Green, has agreed to entertain us with a story." A dark-skinned lady with short, curly hair steps out of the back room. The place goes crazy as customers whistle and clap at the sudden appearance of Aubrin. A bard moves over next to her and sets the tone on his harp, playing a festive rhythm. She begins weaving her tale.

“...So there I am, thinking, when will I ever be able to talk to a bear again? So before the grizzly can stand back up, I turn to it and say, ‘All I need is the honey. You can keep the bees!’” The room erupts into laughter as Aubrin finishes her winding story and takes another draught from her tankard. “But it’s fine now. All’s good. She named a cub after me. Someday I’m going to have to check in on little Ow Oh Gods That’s Too Many Bees.” Crowd members share their own boasts and jokes, but eventually someone tops off Aubrin’s tankard and pushes her back into the center of the room. “All right, all right! Don’t shove,” she slurs a bit. “Okay, Cayden strike me down if this isn’t true—“

Khaz's ring suddenly grows bright red with the flame of Torag's forge. Shouts of excitement outside the Inn turn to screams of terror as the sound of metal meeting metal rings in the night air. Within seconds, the ring goes dark again. The front door explodes into flinders. A cry of agony pierces the chaos. Aubrin lies on the floor, gasping and clutching at the blood gushing from a wound in her chest. A ballista bolt still quivers in the wall behind her. Two hobgoblins and a bugbear in military dress stand beyond the shattered door, blades drawn. Behind them, lit by the glow of burning homes, dozens—perhaps hundreds—of hobgoblin soldiers march the street. Phaendar burns, shouts of celebration now replaced by the panicked screams of the frightened and dying. Behind them, above the flames and humble rooftops, rises a tower of black stone.

Map and initiative incoming. Welcome to the campaign!


Oreld's Shop Map

Brunner Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Arun Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Khaz Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
JP Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Fergal Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Bahram Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Hob Gobs Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Bugbear Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

INITIATIVE
Bahram
Brunner
Khaz
JP
Fergal/Roscu
Bugbear
Arun
Hob Gob 1
Hob Gob 2

TAPROOT INN MAP

Everyone is currently sitting. My token tool is having problems, so Brunner is the other dwarf and Bahram has Avogrado's token. I will get this fixed ASAP. Everyone except Arun is up.


Male Human Monk(Qinggong Monk/Zen Archer) 1 / Medium(Relic Channeler) 1 (HP 17/17) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 17) (Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7) (Init +5) (Perception +14)

Jean-Pierre stands up, and draws his bow.

Silver Crusade

BAR FIGHT!

Bahram is unarmed and unarmoured, his kit will be spread between a pack that he is carrying with him and Shirin's saddlebags. I would indeed like to know where the stables are?

This is not Bahram's first rodeo. As his instincts kick in he is up out of his chair and moving toward the nearest intruder

"Your hobgoblins seem to be a little closer than you thought."

sliding over a table Bahram grabs a chair and swings it at the hobgoblin.

Move to H10, swing!

The chair!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

I've modelled the stool as a greatclub, let me know if that's not gravy.


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

Brunner stayed up later than he expected, eventually replacing his ale with a cup of tea, so he didn't have a hangover for working the forge the next morning. Enjoying the human entertainment he was about to excuse himself for bed when all hell broke loose. Seeing the bolt fly into and out of the entertainer, he jumps to his feet drawing his dorn dergar off of his shoulder he begins to swing it as he steps between his new friends and the raiding goblins. "Ye wee jimmies stepped intae th' wrang bar. By Torag we will make ye pay fur whit ye hae dain."

move action: stands up from chair(drawing a weapon) and moves to 'E7' (using the DD because it has reach)


Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

Khaz gets to his feet, looking around wildly for the source of the ring's reaction. As he does so he pulls out his hammer. He calls out the name of his god, and a wave of soft light ripples out towards his comrades, momentarily filling them with the warmth of the forge.

Once a day domain ability. Until my next round all allies get +2 deflection bonus to AC. If he can figure out why his ring is glowing he will be moving towards the source next round


Oreld's Shop Map

Khaz thinks the ring had a reaction to the sudden appearance of the goblinoids. The ring went out quickly, so whatever caused the ring to burn must be gone now. Common sense tells all of you that this army is too big to go unnoticed...and how did a 100' black tower appear out of the ground from nowhere?! Powerful magic must be involved.

1 to 50 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mason's Rise of the Goblin General (The Ironfang Invasion) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.