Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Mainer's Crypt of the Everflame

Game Master Mainer


1 to 50 of 380 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Inside the Crypt

Your answers to the call for heroes echoes across the cold, quiet town square. Hearing your responses, Mayor Upton nods to each of you. Stepping closer, he says “Kassen thanks you, young heroes, for aiding her in this time of need. Now, which one of you shall bear the responsibility of carrying the Lantern of the Sacred Flame?”

As he says this, Mayor Upton gestures with a tarnished, but well cared for, ornate silver lantern. He holds it out, waiting for one of you to take it, and gives you this moment to decide among yourselves.


Oracle (Nature) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Per +7 S.M. +1 | AC 16 : T 9 : FF 16 | Fort +3 : Ref -2 : Will +3 | Lance +3 (1d6+2), M. Star +3 (1d6+2)
Resources:
Spells: 1st level: 3/4 | SLAs charm person
Current Buffs:

Dot.


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

I am willing to though it might be better for someone less inclined to wading into melee. The pale girl comments quietly in a monotone, not turning toward the members of the group, Ashling Frost-wing... That is my name. She finishes drawing a lite, dark purple hooded cloak over herself.


Animal 2HD | HP 13/13 | Init +2 | Per +5 S.M. +1 | AC 16 : T 12 : FF 14 : CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +5 : Will +1 | Bite +3 (1d6+1 plus trip)

"Woof."

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"So who wants the responsibility of the lantern?" Fonzy asks assessing the group. Considering everyone but himself, even the canine, for the duty.


Female Human Oracle of Life (Spirit Guide) 1 | HP 7/10 | AC 14 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 12 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +2 | Perception: +1 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal

Bela looks to her peers, giving them the opportunity to accept responsibility for the lantern before she asked for that honor. The lantern bearer, she was certain, merited no greater distinction than any of the other volunteers that embarked on this quest, and neither was she looking for such recognition. For Bela, to be the one to hand over the Sacred Flame to Mayor Uptal would go a long way towards easing her troubled heart over her decision to leave Kassen.

"I will," she replies, stepping forward with hand outstretched to accept this welcome burden.


Inside the Crypt

After hearing your response the mayor hands the lantern to Belasara. Mayor Upton then turns to the crowd and sweeps his arms up, declaring “Then go forth, brave adventurers. Go forth, saviours and protectors of Kassen, to return unto us the warmth that shall protect this town from the chill of winter. May the wind be at your back and your foes fall swiftly before you. To those of you that will not return, I say that your sacrifice shall not be in vain and your bravery shall not be forgotten. Now go, good heroes, and do not return until you have the eternal fire.”

Finishing his speech, Mayor Upton points south, the direction of Kassen’s tomb. The townsfolk stay somber as they wave goodbye with cold, solemn faces. Not the most cheerful of gatherings, but you were also able to see some signs of pride in parents, friends, and relatives that you were the ones selected to make the journey to the Tomb of Kassen.

Before you leave Kassen, everyone is given a pack with supplies for the coming journey.

Ashling’s Pack:

-A piece of the map to the Crypt
-1 small tent
-1 winter blanket
-5 days worth of rations
-1 full waterskin
-1 grappling hook
-50 ft of hempen rope
-1 small bottle of local brandy

Fonzy’s Pack:

-A piece of the map to the Crypt
-1 small tent
-1 winter blanket
-5 days worth of rations
-1 full waterskin
-A leather case containing thieves’ tools (leather case has your mother’s initials embroidered on them)

Sir Bleeparolo’s Pack:

-A piece of the map to the Crypt
-1 small tent
-1 winter blanket
-5 days worth of rations
-1 full waterskin
-Tinder
-3 Tindertwigs
-1 Dagger bearing the crest of the Knights of the Black Bough

Belasara’s Pack:

-A piece of the map to the Crypt
-1 small tent
-1 winter blanket
-5 days worth of rations
-1 full waterskin
-1 Healers Kit
-1 potion of cure light wounds

The journey to the crypt is approximately 40 miles. Traveling on foot, you will arrive near the end of the second day. I will make another post later tonight, but this portion of the trip is an opportunity for your characters to interact.


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

It would be wise to bid your families goodbye in case you do not return, otherwise let's go time is limited. She states rather bluntly, slinging the pack over a shoulder.

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"Not funny Ash. No one has ever died on this trip.... have they?" Fonzy says with a bit of worry in his voice as he goes over to his parents for a last minute pep talk.


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

I wasn't trying to be funny, anything can happen. Acting on some illusion of absolute safety would be pointless, it's better to recognize danger and remain fearful than to stay ignorant. She responds coldly, double checking her supplies as she waits for everyone to get together. She sighs, quickly realizing her attitude I apologize, my social skills are lacking... I am not good with people.

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"Oh I'm no stranger to injury and I expect there to be challenges. I just hope our expedition isn't the first to bring a dead body back."He says with an awkward smile showing off his one scar on his arm. "I caught your name from a villager by the way. I'm not telepathic."

"They call me Fonzy." He says directing this to the entire group.


Oracle (Nature) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Per +7 S.M. +1 | AC 16 : T 9 : FF 16 | Fort +3 : Ref -2 : Will +3 | Lance +3 (1d6+2), M. Star +3 (1d6+2)
Resources:
Spells: 1st level: 3/4 | SLAs charm person
Current Buffs:
Fonzy Tenderleg wrote:
"Not funny Ash. No one has ever died on this trip.... have they?" Fonzy says with a bit of worry in his voice as he goes over to his parents for a last minute pep talk.

Sir Bleeparolo smiles. "No, of course not. Weeelll... actually, we are travelling in the wild on our own. I'm sure there have been accidents before."

Sir Bleeparolo cinches up his belt. "But that can't be helped. After all, we have all been given the skills we need to get by; it's how we were raised. This is simply a test of them."

"Think of it as a camping trip away from your parents, lad. It should be fun!" With a laugh, Sir Bleeparolo gets Varkha to rise and begin heading out of town.

"Fare well, everyone! We'll see you in a few days!"

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"With a team like us what could stand in our way? Let's move out!" Fonzy yells overwhelmed with excitement for his first real adventure outside of his imagination.


Inside the Crypt

Fonzy, please give me a diplomacy check for the conversation with your parents

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

Fonzy speaks with his parents before heading out. Both for motivation and possible advice for the days to come.

Apologies for just the dice roll, meant to go back and edit but got side tracked.


Inside the Crypt

When Fonzy goes to speak with his parents, his mother starts to talk, but is cut off by her husband.

"You're going to a tomb, son, a place of the dead. They say that in years past, a lad not much older than yourselves walked into the tomb after dark, ahead of his companions. No sound but was heard through the night, but when the adventures awoke, they found him dead as a doornail in the entry way, without a mark on him. After he was brought home, the priest pronounced him dead of fright, for approaching the sacred ground after dark."

Pausing for effect, Fonzy's father looks around the group and adds "Heed this warning: Keep your wits about, and don't enter the tomb after sundown."

After her husband stops speaking, Fonzy's mother adjusts his collar and adds "Just do as your father says and keep your head. Trust your friends, and all will be well."

She gives you a pat on the shoulder and adds "And don't listen too much to your father's tales. No one's died, although some have come back a bit worse for the wear from that tomb. Just be careful and come back in one piece." She gives you a hug, and smiles before dispersing with the rest of the crowd.

If anyone else has someone they'd like to speak with before leaving, now is the time

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"You guys, my dad is such an a-hole." Fonzy says to the group rolling his eyes."But let's not go in the tomb after dark, just in case."


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

We should learn what each other can do while we travel, so as to formulate strategies. She says quietly once the group is together again.


Female Human Oracle of Life (Spirit Guide) 1 | HP 7/10 | AC 14 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 12 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +2 | Perception: +1 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal

Belasara takes a brief inventory of the contents of the satchel she's given as the group prepares to make way. Of particular note is the square of parchment she finds therein, the edges frayed as if it had been torn from a greater whole. She pockets it, intending to bring it up to the others later.

She listens to Mister Tenderleg's story with a skeptical ear, unsure what to make of his account. She doesn't know the man well enough to know if he is the type to embellish stories - her father, she was sure, had done so on more than one occasion, but never with the intent to frighten her. Father Prasst had implied that the dangers of this quest were largely those inherent to spending great lengths of time in the Fangwood, and so she is disinclined to believe the man's story.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Still, the veracity of the man's story aside, Bela can't help the small frown that mars her features at Fonzy's response. "You should be more respectful to your father..." she suggests, trying to keep her tone nonjudgmental. "Gods forbid this is the last time you two see each other. You wouldn't want that to be your last thought of him." About this, she sounds like one who speaks from personal experience.

"I'm Belasara, by the way. Belasara Vileux. But, please, call me Bela." At Ashling's suggestion, Bela says, "I'm a healer. And a fair shot with a bow."

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"I was only kidding about my father. I wouldn't be the man I am today without him." Fonzy says back to Bela with a smile after a brief pause as he admired her beauty. "I'm a crack shot with a bow and there ain't a lock I can't pick." Attempting to hide his boast.

He leans in and whispers to Bleepy in gnomish:
"She could tell me to respect Varkha's poop and I'd do it. Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?"


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

I have a degree of wilderness survival training, i also specialize in the blade. If a fight breaks out, keep behind me i'll protect you. the silver haired girl maintains a blank cold expression.

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"I'm also a fairly adept scout, especially if we expect traps. Fonzy chimes in, forgetting his own skill set for a moment.


Inside the Crypt

I apologize for this, but before we get to the next portion, can I get a marching order? The trail is wide enough for there to be a 2x2 or single file, depending on preference. Again, sorry about this, I should have asked sooner.


Oracle (Nature) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Per +7 S.M. +1 | AC 16 : T 9 : FF 16 | Fort +3 : Ref -2 : Will +3 | Lance +3 (1d6+2), M. Star +3 (1d6+2)
Resources:
Spells: 1st level: 3/4 | SLAs charm person
Current Buffs:

"I may look small, but when I charge with the lance, my enemies will feel it. Together with Varkha here we make a fearsome pair."

"And I have a few magical abilities. I can do a variety of minor tricks, and can also cast healing spells if necessary. Though most of my magic will be used to enhance my combat abilities."

For marching order, on the path I would suggest going 2x2:

Front: Sir Bleeparolo, Ashling
Back: Fonzy, Belasara

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

I concur on marching order.Two healers is gonna be nice :)


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

Bleep's marching order looks good


Inside the Crypt

As you walk through the trees and get to know your comrades, you begin to feel more confident in your mission, despite any tales you may have heard of the Tomb. Besides, as far as you know, no one has ever died out there...right?

The trail winds through the raking claws of the trees, now bare of their leaves, which crunch loudly underfoot. Up ahead, a fallen tree trunk blocks the path. Suddenly a trio of snarling humanoids leaps up from behind the log, all greenish skin and fearsome tusks, bellowing vulgar challenges.

I hope you don't mind, I've rolled initiative for everyone. It saves some time, in my opinion. Bolded may act:
Fonzy
Orc #3
Ashling
Belsara
Sir Bleeparolo
Belasara
Orc #1
Orc #2

DC 16 Will Save:
These orcs are very real, very lifelike illusions. They interact with each other, you and your companions, and the environment exactly as if they were real, but they aren't.

GM’s Secret Rolls:

Fonzy Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Belasara Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Sir Bleeparolo Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Ashling Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Orc #1 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Orc #2 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Orc #3 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"OH SH@$!" Fonzy exclaims, contemplating running away before a rare seriousness falls across his face as he notches an arrow attempting to shoot Orc #3 in the face.

Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d8 ⇒ 4

I wasn't sure of their distance, but Point Blank would give him +1,+1 within 30ft. I thought they may be further so I didn't add in.


Inside the Crypt

Fonzy's arrow flies through the air and hits the orc solidly in the chest. The orc pauses, then lets out a bellow, but the damage done is very clear. Roaring in anger, its companion rushes forward to attack Sir Bleeparolo. The orc swings its greataxe wide and connects with the gnome for a powerful blow 9 damage. The other orcs roar in approval.

Both Fonzy and Sir Bleeparolo make a will save, please. DC 16, if you make it, please check out the spoiler above.

@Fonzy, the +1,+1 is fine. They're within 30 ft.

Belasara, Sir Bleeparolo, and Ashling are up.

GM's Secret Rolls:

Orc #3 attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

Ashling charges, one of the remaining orc's, drawing her blade as she moves. leaving Bleeparolo to deal with his own orc.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"We've been bamboozled! These orcs are illusions!" Fonzy yells still unsure how deadly the orcs are, even being illusions.

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Oracle (Nature) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Per +7 S.M. +1 | AC 16 : T 9 : FF 16 | Fort +3 : Ref -2 : Will +3 | Lance +3 (1d6+2), M. Star +3 (1d6+2)
Resources:
Spells: 1st level: 3/4 | SLAs charm person
Current Buffs:

will +2 vs. illusion: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12 Nope, unless I get a bonus from Fonzy's warning.

Sir Bleeparolo draws his morning star. "Down from Belkzen for a bit of fun, eh? Well, you'll be sorry you came to the Fangwood!"

He swings his morning star.

morning star: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Animal 2HD | HP 13/13 | Init +2 | Per +5 S.M. +1 | AC 16 : T 12 : FF 14 : CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +5 : Will +1 | Bite +3 (1d6+1 plus trip)

Varkha snaps at the illusionary orc.

bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
trip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

I assume that counts as interacting with the illusion, so:

will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Well, Varkha can tell it's an illusion.

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

Would I need to throw down a Diplomacy check to see if they believed my statement? If they're that real looking they may just assume I'm insane... Or trying to get us killed on purpose for some reason.


Oracle (Nature) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Per +7 S.M. +1 | AC 16 : T 9 : FF 16 | Fort +3 : Ref -2 : Will +3 | Lance +3 (1d6+2), M. Star +3 (1d6+2)
Resources:
Spells: 1st level: 3/4 | SLAs charm person
Current Buffs:

A lot depends on what the illusion effect is. Normally a warning gives someone a +4 to disbelieve an illusion. There is also the issue of when your warning came relative to my action.

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

My save would've occurred after striking the orc, before/during the orc's action. So it would seem there would have been enough time to shout it out, especially it being important information he would want to get out as soon as he possibly could.


Female Human Oracle of Life (Spirit Guide) 1 | HP 7/10 | AC 14 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 12 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +2 | Perception: +1 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 4 = 15

"Are you certain?" Bela asks, trying to pierce the illusion and failing. "They look real enough." As does the grievous wound Sir Bleeparo sustained. On instinct, the healer reaches out with her gift, binding her spirit to the gnome's in order to take away some of his pain. Once she feels the connection between them form, she lets the silver lantern slip from her grasp and takes up her longbow as she prepares to defend against the orcs.

Actions:
Standard: Activate Life Link with Bleeparo
Free: Drop lantern (unless doing so would break it; don't want to fail the mission before we even start)
Move: Draw longbows


Inside the Crypt

Sir Bleeparolo & Belasara:

Upon hearing Fonzy's cry, you both realize that the orcs are illusions and can't hurt you. Sir Bleeparolo realized this as the "orc" was slashing at him, and due to the nature of the magic Belasara cast, the acknowledgement of the illusion came when no injury transferred after what looked like a grievous wound.
Mechanically, you both gained a +4 to your save thanks to Fonzy. Saves were made at just the right points of interaction with the orcs.

Fonzy's about did come before the orc' s attack. Ashling, please make a will save with +4. If you beat the DC 16, you can read the spoiler for Sir Bleeparolo and Belasara.


Oracle (Nature) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Per +7 S.M. +1 | AC 16 : T 9 : FF 16 | Fort +3 : Ref -2 : Will +3 | Lance +3 (1d6+2), M. Star +3 (1d6+2)
Resources:
Spells: 1st level: 3/4 | SLAs charm person
Current Buffs:

Does striking them have any effect? And I assume I have taken no damage then?


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

It seems to be true, the feeling of steel meeting flesh is...different, this feel is similar but not right.

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

[b]"Someone has to be near to cast the illusion, right?"[b] Fonzy asks no one in particular. [b]"You'll have to do better than that!"[b] He yells into the woods as he peers through the trees attempting to identify the culprit.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

With one eye closed, apparently.


Oracle (Nature) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Per +7 S.M. +1 | AC 16 : T 9 : FF 16 | Fort +3 : Ref -2 : Will +3 | Lance +3 (1d6+2), M. Star +3 (1d6+2)
Resources:
Spells: 1st level: 3/4 | SLAs charm person
Current Buffs:

Sir Bleeparolo looks around also. "It's possible. It's also possible for an illusion to be made permanent."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Inside the Crypt

As Asking strikes the orc in front of her, silence falls upon the trail as the orcs fade from existence. Thanks to the sound minds and quick thinking of your companions, you also realize that any potential injuries fade as well.
No one took any damage.

Fonzy:
You're a bit excited still from the illusionaey battle, and your eyes are jumping to every movement within your range of vision, but nothing seems out of place.

Though they may have been illusions, the orcs appearing serves as a strong reminder that anything can happen in this wilderness. After everyone has caught their breath, you are all ready to set out again.

After a while, you come to a fork in the road. Pulling out your individual pieces of the map, you realize that there's no mention of this fork on the way to the tomb, and there are no markers on the trail.

Need someone to make a survival check. We'll go with whoever posts one first. Everyone may assist.


Oracle (Nature) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Per +7 S.M. +1 | AC 16 : T 9 : FF 16 | Fort +3 : Ref -2 : Will +3 | Lance +3 (1d6+2), M. Star +3 (1d6+2)
Resources:
Spells: 1st level: 3/4 | SLAs charm person
Current Buffs:

Sir Bleeparolo doesn't have ranks in Survival (next level I promise) so he will aid Fonzy. Fonzy has +5; Ashling doesn't have her skill bonuses listed, and Belasara is untrained.

WIS aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Maybe not.

"Hmmm. I wonder which way we are meant to go? I don't see any signs."


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

my skills with ranks are listed under statistics, the actual math i do myself.

Follow me, i know the trails...I do not suggest falling behind. Ashling sheathe's her blade, keeping a distance and leading into the wilds.

survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"I know these parts like the top of my foot so I can assist you if you need it." Fonzy says to Ash with confidence as he puts up his bow. Skipping behind her still high of the thought of making a positive contribution to the group. His self-doubt shrinking by the minute.

WIS Aid if it's not too late: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

I do not need it She states rather bluntly, once again pausing for a long minute before speaking again, Though assistance is acceptable, keep an eye out behind us. Predators often approach from the sides and back, one the few that appear in front are often just a distraction.

Grand Lodge

M Human Danger Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 | HP 11/11 | Init +7 | Per +5 | AC 18 : T 14 : FF 14 | Fort +2 : Ref 6 : Will +1 | Rapier +3 (1d6/18-20×2+3), Lbow +5 (1d8×3) (17/20 arrows) (20/20 b arrows)

"Aye Aye Captain!" Fonzy replies with a big smile and a hint of sarcasm. Unfazed by the aura of seriousness surrounding Ashling. "Let's continue our journey. Bela and I shall take up the rear, nothing will be able to sneak up on us... probably."


Female Human Slayer 1 / Initiative +4 / AC 18 touch 14 flat-footed 14 / hp 9/12 / Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1

See to it that nothing does, i would rather none of you be harmed. Clearly not picking up on any sarcasm.

1 to 50 of 380 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mainer's Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.