Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM/Lictor Lane's Who Needs Parenting? = CoT Team 1 IC Thread (Inactive)

Game Master michaelane


351 to 400 of 2,179 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Franco rushes over between Satinal and Jo and swings his flail at the 'skeeter' still flying about, but misses it completely with his swing.

Ithad pokes the same one with his rapier. The rapier spears it and comes out the other side, but unfortunately misses anything vital and the creature sliders off his weapon, resuming its flight.

The monster still attached to Coran attempts to continue feeding.

Grapple 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

It succeeds in holding on as Coran attempts to shake it off.

One more point of Con damage to Coran (3 total)

The one skewered by Ithad attempts to alight on Jo's head, buzzing right by his left ear.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

It sticks onto Jo's bare pate and Jo can feel it begin to draw blood.

1 point of Con damage to Jo.

The final one continues to attempt to cling to Ithad.

Grapple 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

It succeeds and Ithad can continue to feel his blood draining into its body as it grows a deeper red.

1 more point of Con damage to Ithad (2 total)

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

you sure that isn't Int damage to Jo? ;)

Moondark focuses on cutting the bug off Coran.
Round 2.
dagger 1d20 ⇒ 16
damage 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (4) = 6


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Now shots at Jo's intellect and charm are not necessary!

"AAAHHHH!! Bugs got Jo! AAAAAAHHHHH!, Jo yells entirely too loud for the situation.

Jo swats at the top of his head with his hand.

Swing:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

AAAHHH! Get it off! Get it off! Jo bends over lowering his head to anyone who can help.


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad will try to break free from the 'skeeter'.

Escape Artist while grappled: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Somehow I doubt that works

"My sentiments exactly Jo!"


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

Coran grabs his sword and decides to try to take care of the beastie on him.

"DIE YOU OVER SIZED MOSQUITO"

Short Sword Attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Short Sword Damage
1d4 ⇒ 1


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

Alarra will fire her crossbow at the nearest non-grappling 'skeeter.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Cheliax

First, my apologies, but I need to retcon the one attached to Ithad since Satinal yanked it off of him. Without the bonus for sticking too someone, the one in Satinal's hands did not roll high enough to escape his grasp, so it's still there. So, also no Con loss for Ithad.

Alarra, I'm going to move you into the room to make that attack. All three of the remaining ones are grappling - one each on Coran and Jo. One in Satinal's hands. I'll rule that you take a Robin Hood shot in Satinal's hands.

Alarra fires her crossbow at the one squirming in Satinal's hands. Her care to make sure she doesn't shoot him is fortunate, but unfortunately, the bolt flies past without damaging the creature.

Coran attempts to slice off the one sucking at his arm, but the angle is all wrong and his blade glances harmlessly off it.

End of Round 1 whew

Cheliax

Round 2


Satinal (resolved)
Moondark (resolved)
Jo (resolved)
Franco (unresolved)
Ithad (unresolved)
Monsters (unresolved)
Alarra (unresolved)
Coran (unresolved)

Satinal attempts to pin the creature in his hands against the floor.

Grapple 1d20 ⇒ 20

He succeeds and the creature is now pinned to the ground. You can all tell Satinal is trying to tell you something and it sure sounds wonderful, but none of you have any idea what he is saying.

Moondark deftly takes her dagger to the remaining creature on Coran. It slices in easily and the creature bursts in a flood of Coran's blood.

Jo's flailing about sadly only results in him completely missing the creature and banging his own head once or twice. He sadly leans over for help.

Ithad, given my error, please feel free to retcon your action.


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad will take aim on Satinal's pinned creature.

Rapier against Pinned Foe: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
Damage: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

"Back to what ever pit you came from beast!"

Cheliax

Ok, waited long enough. Moving it along now.

Franco watches Jo's distress and when he leans over attempts to grab the 'skeeter' clinging to Jo's head.

Grapple 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

He succeeds and yanks it off Jo's head with a messy sick sucking sound.

Ithad succeeds in thrusting his rapier through the creature pinned by Satinal, but it continues to live, struggling in Satinal's hands.

Coran's 'skeeter' attempts to continue feeding on his bloood.

Grapple 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

It succeeds in holding on. Coran is beginning to feel faint as he suffers more blood loss.

In spite of how bad it sounds, one more Con loss (total 4 lost)

The 'skeeters' now being grappled by Franco and Satinal attempt to wriggle free.

Grapple 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Grapple 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Franco's hold was insufficient and it escapes, flying back into the air. Satinal succeeds in keeping his pinned to the floor.

Alarra and Coran are up/


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

Alarra reloads her crossbow and shoots at the one that escaped Franco's grip.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Cheliax

Alarra's bolt lances through the 'skeeter'. Together the two slam into the wall and drop to the floor, broken and lifeless.

Two remain, the one attached to Coran and the one pinned by Satinal

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

round 3

"They really seem to like you," Moondark muses to Coran as she attempts to cut another bloodsucker off him.

dagger 1d20 ⇒ 19
damage 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (5) = 6


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Thanks for moving it along GM! And thank goodness for some better rolls!


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

"Hold it still Satinal, I think I've got it!", Ithad remarks while trying turn his rapier in the wound.

Cheliax

Round 2

Coran attacks the creature still attached to him with his sword...

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

..but weakening, his misjudges the angle and misses it completely.

End of Round 2

Round 3

Satinal continues to pin the one in his hands to the ground.
Grapple 1d20 ⇒ 1

It somehow slips away back into the air and you hear Satinal call out a word that sounds not quite as heavenly.

Moondark successfully excises the critter attached to Coran, slicing it's head off the remains fall to the floor.

Jo is up, then Franco and Ithad. You almost have them :)


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

must have been in the middle of writing this when you posted.

Coran starts to feel woozy and looking cross eyed at the creature draining his blood.

"that isn't ... a good...thing..."he says looking at Moondark, then turns his fading attention to the beast on his arm. "you thingys...." he says swaying "...die" hew jabbs his blade at the beast.

Short Sword Attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Short Sword Damage
1d4 ⇒ 2

Cheliax

Or maybe you're just hallucinating...

Either way, you guys got that one!


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo looks around.

Are there anymore thingys to smash?

Cheliax

Yes, the one that Satinal was holding got away. You can get to it and attack this round.


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad will try to skewer the last skeeter.
Rapier: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Well that didn't work out so good.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo will move toward the last skeeter and smash it out of the air.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Hmmm, not sure that is good enough.

Damage:1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

If the skeeter is still up by Alarra's turn, she will fire another bolt at it.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
If confirmed, additional damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Cheliax

Jo's blow goes right toward the last 'skeeter', but just barely misses, catching a sliver of wing, but doing no damage.

Franco slashes at it with his sword...
Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
..which slashes right through its midsection. The last 'skeeter' falls dead to the floor.

End of Combat


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

"Ugh! Jo likes bugs by da river. But Jo not like these skeeters!!

Jo rubs the welt on his head.

"We needs to get out of deez sewers!"

He looks toward Alarra hoping she has an answer.


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad will sheath his rapier, collect his fallen crossbow and then cast detect magic. If nothing detects as magic, he will collect one of the masks on the wall.

Cheliax

Ithad moves to a corner of the room, chanting softly and making the motions of a spell being cast.

Ithad:

You detect the faint magic aura of a spell on the area surrounding the altar.


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

Coran puts his short sword away and stumbles a bit towards the alter to prop himself up and sighs. "I think I might need a nap."he laughs weakly


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

"Hold right there Coran, the alter is under some type of spell. I would not dare touch it.", Ithad warns.


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

Coran takes a step back from the alter "Thank you Ithad, do you know what type? He takes a closer look at the alter.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo grows impatient.

Dis takin too long. What anyone care about skeeter people anyway? We need to get out of deez sewers.

Jo moves to exit the room.

"C'mon. Let's go. We need to get out of deez sewers. It's too dangerous down here. Throon, use magic on Karen to help him. He looks real bad.


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

"The most likely way out will be to continue looking for those markers. Once we finish in here, we'll go back to that." Alarra says as Jo moves to leave.

Cheliax

Satinal moves forward. "Let me see if I can figure it out." He begins speaking in a voice very similar to the one you hear him speaking in combat and making motions very similar to those just used by Ithad.

Casts Detect Magic
Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

He returns to speaking in common, "Unfortunately, I have no idea. Either of you good at interpreting an aura?" he asks, directing the question at Ithad and Coran. If not, I think I'd leave it alone."

Coran:

You don't see anything above and beyond what you noticed earlier. But don't forget to share what you learned in your Knowledge(Religion) check earlier unless you want to keep it to yourself.


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad goes thru the motion to cast detect magic again, concentrating on the aura.
Knowledge (Arcane): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

"Too much magic goin on in here for Jo."

Jo will exit the room and make sure no more Hell Knights or other creatures of the night come nosing around.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

Coran looks at the symbols and remember what he was thinking before they were attacked.

Then a with a spark of energy and excitement that only can be mustered by a Halfling or a child. He looks at the alter "Jo might be right about getting out of here."he looks at the symbol again. "this is an alter to Ghlaunder, he deals with well infections and Parasites, his follower like hiding what they are really doing."pauses for a breath "It seems if I am remembering right he should have been trapped but he was set free by another god, I think it might have been Desna." he pauses again "He looks a bit like this, but a lot bigger. while he says that he kick one of the creatures.

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

Moondark tries to imagine a giant bug god, "Lovely."

Cheliax

Ithad:

A desecrate spell has been cast recently at the altar. You're not too familiar with the spell since it is generally used by evil priests, but you've heard that it increases their power and even enables them to create greater numbers and more powerful undead.

Jo:

You hear the sound of a bell tolling and realize it is the final curfew bell/


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo calls back into the room, "Final Curfew Bell is ringin...we better get movin."

Jo will continue to be wary of approaching baddies.


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

"This place is under a desecration spell, used by evil priests. Let us not tarry long here." Ithad informs the group with some apprehension. He makes sure the mask is safely secured with his belongings then joins Jo.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

"C'mon Throon, bring your fancy light thingy and let's check out down the hall."

Jo will move from the entrance of temple room to the corner to check things out.

Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

"Sounds like we should get moving again," Alarra says as she too moves to follow Jo.

Cheliax

Jo and Alarra round the corner. One of Janiven's signs is visible pointing to the left. The scene of a recent bloodbath lays before you. Three hellknights, wearing armor similar to those you fought earlier lie dead on the tunnel floor, one half submerged in the sewage channel. They show signs of bludgeoning damage, but some appear to be partly eaten as well. Among them, also apparently dead, are four more bodies. These appear to be more zombies, similar to those you just fought outside the temple.


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

As Ithad follows behind, rounding the corner and seeing the carnage, "How fortunate for us, let our obstacles destroy each other. Coran, Franco, do either of you have an idea how much farther. I have no desire to face the shadow creatures, zombies, and hell knights all at the same time."


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo will look over the Hell Knights bodies for anything of value.


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

Coran looks at Ithad "I am almost sure we are close we just need to find the mark." then he starts looking at the corner of the intersection to see if there is a mark.

Cheliax

Searching the bodies, Jo finds 3 longswords, 3 light crossbows, a number of bolts, three potions, and several gold on each body, for a total of 42 gold.

Coran:

You find a mark leading left. The locations are definitely beginning to look familiar, it should only be another five minutes or so.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo will pocket the coin. He will take the best looking sword and scabbard for himself.

The potions he puts on the pathway along with the other two swords, the xbows, and bolts.

"Look. Here's some swords, crossbows, and what looks like some potions. Not sure what kind. Jo not like magic so if day not da kind dat make Jo better, Jo not want dem."

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

"Well, 7 gold each, someone grab the potions, and let's get out of these damned sewers. I feel like we've been down here forever," Ari grouses.

Cheliax

Just a quick status check before we wrap up the sewers (yes, finally). Right now, I have Coran down 4 Con, Jo and Ithad down 1 Con, and Franco with 10 hp lost (due to zombies). I don't think you can do anything presently about the Con damage. I think Franco is now AFK, but do you guys want to do anything about his damage?

351 to 400 of 2,179 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM / Lictor Lane's Who Needs Parenting? = CoT Team 1 IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.