Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM/Lictor Lane's Who Needs Parenting? = CoT Team 1 IC Thread (Inactive)

Game Master michaelane


151 to 200 of 2,179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Ithad's dagger strikes the Hellknight, but the shot was not quite straight and when it strikes the Hellknight's armor, it is turned and flies by, clattering down the tunnel.

Janiven nocks another arrow, pulls back the string and lets an arrow fly at what is now the lead Hellknight.

Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The arrow hits the Hellknight hard in his chest, penetrating his armor and staggering him for a moment. She yells down the tunnel toward Morosino, "Morosino, get back here! We've got one down and I don't want you bumping into more."

Satinal steps up and throws his dagger at the injured Hellknight.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

The dagger flies wide, missing the Hellknight by the breadth of a hand.

End of Round 3

Cheliax

Round 4
Initiative Order
Moondark (unresolved)
Alarra (unresolved)
Hellknights (unresolved)
I'm Jo (unresolved)
Ithad (unresolved)
Janiven (unresolved)
Satinal (unresolved)


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

Alarra will once again fire her crossbow at the nearest hellknight.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Wow, such low damage rolls!


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

If Jo is able he will swing. If the Hell Knights do not move up he will move out to meet them. He hates blocking shots but will do so to protect the party.

When within range Jo will swing on the first one he can.

To Hit - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damage - 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1
GM/Lictor Lane wrote:
She yells down the tunnel toward Morosino, "Morosino, get back here! We've got one down and I don't want you bumping into more."

Moondark doesn't like the sound of that. "You didn't bring a spare torch did you? I'd go looking for the kid if I could see. I don't imagine he'll get far either."

Moondark chucks a dart at the leading Hellknight.
Dart 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Cheliax

Moondark fires a dart at the lead Hellknight, unfortunately missing him badly wide, the dart slamming into the wall.

Alarra fires her crossbow at the Hellknight. The bolt flies true slamming into the Hellknight's shoulder, a grazing blow, but he yells in pain.

The lead Hellknight steps up next to Jo, taking a swing at Jo with his longsword.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 hits
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Take that rebel!" yells the Hellknight as his sword darts around the corner to slice through Jo's armor forming a wicked slash on his arm.

The other Hellknight returns his sword to its scabbard and pulls out a crossbow. He steps up and to the side...

GM rolls:

Acrobatics 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (3) - 5 = -2

...and promptly slips on the side of the sewer channel, falling hard into the sewage while cursing up a storm.

Hellknight 3 is prone

Jo takes a swing at the Hellknight next to him, but again the Hellknight's armor proves too much and Jo's blow fails to do any significant damage.

Jo, if you want to take a 5-foot step to go after the prone Hellknight instead of going after the one next to you, let me know

Round 4
Initiative Order
Moondark (resolved)
Alarra (resolved)
Hellknights (resolved)
I'm Jo (resolved)
Ithad (unresolved)
Janiven (unresolved)
Satinal (unresolved)

Updated Battle Map


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad will duck past/under Alarra, and move behind Jo (J16). Drawing his rapier, Ithad shouts defiantly, [b]”Rebels? I see no rebels, just two fools playing in the muck!”

Acrobatics to move past Alarra, if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Cheliax

Ithad successfully makes his way past Alarra. The still-standing Hellknight growls, "Laugh all you want boy. The law stands by the Order of the Rack. We're going to finish you easily and you'll rot in a cell."

Only need the Acrobatics when you are going through an opponent's square or going through the squeezed squares in the sewers next to the sewage. Those are an easy roll, the Hellknight just completely botched it.

Janiven nocks another arrow, firing at the Hellknight that just spoke.

Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 misses

She swears as the arrow misses to the left of the Hellknight, "By the sword of Iomedae, I can't hit the side of a building today!"

Satinal begins chanting in the heavenly voice again, a light again flows toward the Hellknight's visor.

Will save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

The Hellknight begins raising his sword toward the second one prone in the sewer.

Round 5
Initiative Order
Moondark (unresolved)
Alarra (unresolved)
Hellknights (unresolved)
I'm Jo (unresolved)
Ithad (unresolved)
Janiven (unresolved)
Satinal (unresolved)

Updated Battle Map

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

"How does he do that?" Moondark wonders as the Hellknights fall upon each other under Satinel's spell. She draws a dagger and watches the show.

with my rolls lately, why waste another dart?:P


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

Alarra reloads her crossbow and readies an action to fire it at the first hellknight to attack her companions.

"Nice trick!" She says to Satinal.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo sees the magical light affect the 2nd Hell Knight and his skin prickles. He does not like magic and what it can do to a person. He looks worriedly at Alarra but her words and confidence settle him and he lifts his hammer ready to smash another head.

Jo will also ready his swing and allow the 2nd Hell Knight to take care of the 3rd. If it looks as though he is going to be attacked he will swing.

Cheliax

Satinal babbles something at you in that beautiful language, but you have no idea what he is saying.

The Hellknight unleashes a wicked blow on his downed companion.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 hits
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The blow slices through the gap in his armor where the shoulder meets the armor covering his chest and cuts deeply. The downed Hellknight cries, "Now you're doing it? These rebels must be employing foul magic against us." He attempts to stand and draw his sword again.

This provokes attacks of opportunity from Satinal and the Hellknight who is still under the effect of Satinal's Murderous Command spell.

Attack (Hellknight) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 hits
Damage (Hellknight) 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Before Satinal can get his attack off, the Hellknight brings his sword down on his erstwhile ally's back, punching right through his armor and flesh. The Hellknight collapses back into the sewage channel.

Alarra, the Hellknight will now be able to attack any of your companions this round. If you would prefer to retcon this to simply attack him after the Hellknights turn, I will allow it. Otherwise, you will act next in Round 5 (assuming it makes it that far).

Jo, you're not going to be attacked this round, but you may act normally if you desire.

Updated Battle Map


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

Alarra will wait until next turn to attack the hellknight.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Since the Hell Knight is in range, Jo will swing at him barring Santinal is not in the way.

Swing: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"CRUNCH!"

Cheliax

Jo delivers a crushing blow to the chest of the last Hellknight. His armor and chest cave in with a sickening crunch and the Hellknight drops to the floor.

Janiven calls out, "Wait here. I'm going after Morosino. He's gone the wrong way. If I'm not back in 5 minutes or if you hear the Hellknights coming, go back to where we ran into that first group and continue following the signs to the safe house. I'll either catch up or meet you there."

She reaches into her pack and pulls out a 1-foot-long, gold-tipped, iron rod. She twists the rod and it begins glowing with light. Without further words, she heads down the tunnel after Morosino, the light fading as she goes.

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

"Well, looks like some kind of Hellknight suicide death-pact if anyone asks me...although one of them must have had a savage right hook." Dropping the pretense of being a beggar boy, Ari attempts to wipe some of the dirt off her face and smiles demurely at Satinel. Then she proceeds to look for anything useful on the bodies.


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad will look around to see if his dagger is recoverable. Shrugging at the loss of one or both, he turns his attention to Moondark and the looting of the hellknights.

"Anything of interest? Blade or two perhaps?", Ithad queries.

Cheliax

After some searching, you find your thrown daggers, but the darts are all ruined. The Hellknights are each carrying a longsword, a light crossbow, 20 bolts each, and each is carrying a potion. By the time you finish going through things, 5 minutes have passed with no sign of Janiven.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo looks at the little beggar boy. Thinking his high pitch means something else he looks at Moondark.

"Is okay little boy. No need be scared anymore. Jo take care of bad men!"

He looks toward Alarra, "You okay?"

Jo then looks at the cut on his arm. "Anyone got any bandages? Throon, see if dead men got any bandages."

Cheliax

Also, now that you've all gotten a good look at their armor, you see that the "plates" and actually boiled leather and that there is chain mail holding them together. This is not the normal intimidating plate of the Order of the Rack.


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad hides away the his daggers again, all-the-while watching Moondark. Turning his curiosity from the little beggar "boy", he approaches Jo.

"Not to worry Jo, the sewer is no place to risk infection. Perhaps a little arcane healing will help..., Ithad begins to chant, laying his hands on Jo's arm.

Cast Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"That should take care of that."

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

What would info on these Hellknights be? Know local or nobility maybe?
know nobility, if applies- 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Moondark grabs a cross bow and bolts and potions. Glancing at Ithad she says, "They've each got long swords, xbows, armor and these potions. Anyone want anything? Unfortunately I don't think any of us are the right size for the armor. ..maybe Satinel. It might be useful for a disguise." She takes a helmet anyway.

She smiles at Jo, "You did a good job on those mean men, Jo. I'm not a boy, big guy. I was just pretending for protection."

Looking worriedly in the direction Janiven disappeared. "I don't know if they're coming back. We should move on."


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo watches as Ithad examines his wound. When Ithad casts, Jo feels a tingling and warmth radiate into his flesh. He jumps back his eyes wide and mouth agape looking at the healed wound.

His anger wells..."You not cast magic on Jo wiffout Jo say so!"

Holding up a fist the size of a loaf of bread towards Ithad's face, he continues.

"Jo not like magic and you not do it to Jo unless you want crooked nose on pretty face!"

Jo rubs his arm trying to rid it of the tingling. Funny, the bump on his head feel better too. He looks toward Alarra.

"What you want to do Alarra? Jo thinks little boy....er...little girl is right. We should go to safe house and get out of sewer."


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad does not flinch as Jo raises a fist larger than Ithad's head; quite the contrary Ithad just catches himself from stepping into towards Jo. His eyes grow dark as a half mouthed “How dare you...” slips into a tightened scowl.

Through gritted teeth, “Jo, the proper behavior for when someone does something nice for you is too say,” this part is over enunciated, ”Thank you.”

Turning away and regaining composure, Ithad scoops up a crossbow and two quarrels if no one objects.

Cheliax

From somewhere in the darkness to what you think might be east of your position, you are starting to catch the sounds of distant conversation and echoing metallic sounds.

The sword at your intersection points toward the intersection where you found the Hellknights. The sounds are coming from the opposite direction.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo glares at the Throon half-admiring the little man for his bravery.

Hearing the sounds of possibly more Hell Knights coming, he says to everyone, "We better get going!"

He looks to Alarra and urges her forward to where the three Hell Knight squires came from.

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

"Quickly!," Moondark hisses. "Let's hide the bodies under the water and get out of here." She eases the bodies into the muck and drags Ithad (and his light) onward.


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

"Sounds like our cue to move, everyone. We'll have to assume that Janiven and Morosino can find an alternate route. Let's go!" With that, she will once more take point as the group (presumably) moves forward, following the indicators.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Wow, ninja posting!


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo will take second in the marching order. He wants to be up front in case we meet anymore Hell Knights.


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad will follow behind Jo, using the wayfinder to light the way. In his other hand he holds a loaded crossbow, ready for what next possible confrontation.
"Yes, let us be gone from here!"

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

Moondark stays close behind the Thrune and hopefully Satinal is between her and any pursuing Hellknights.

Cheliax

Going to go to this for a revised marching order unless you want to make tweaks. Its close, but double-file. If you prefer to go single file, I can rearrange based on the info you provided.

Updated Marching Order

Cheliax

You continue along the sewer tunnel, shining the light forward to highlight the sword symbols scrawled at each turn. Some symbols seem to be more faded than a couple months would explain, but you're able to follow them nonetheless.

After a short period, you approach an intersection with options to move to the left or right.

GM rolls:

GM 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Alarra 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Jo 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Ithad 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Moondark 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Satinal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Those in front can see a board straddling the sewage channel. From the distance, you cannot yet see the mark directing which way to go.

Map of Intersection


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad looks at Jo and Alarra, who have stopped for the moment. Not being able to see why the cause of their pause, he whispers, "What is the cause of our delay?"


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo looks around for another indicator of the proper direction. He looks over his should at the Throon.

"We not know which way to go. No sword pointing direction."

Jo looks around for any indication of the proper direction. Including looking up to see if there is a way out of the sewers.

Perception Roll 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

"Crossroads ahead - no marker in sight," Alarra whispers. "I'm going to scout ahead. Wait here."

With that, Alarra sneaks ahead to examine the intersection and its surrounds with her darkvision. Hopefully, she can spot the next marker before the hellknights catch up.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Cheliax

Alarra moves up to the intersection. Now that she is closer, she can see that the sword points to the left, though it appears that the chalk here has been rubbed out.

Suddenly a pair of wicked blades arc out of the darkness.

Attack 1 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (15) - 6 = 9 miss
Attack 2 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (12) - 6 = 6 miss

Alarra can see a small green-skinned creature with a disproportionate head glaring at her in the darkness, two nasty blades that just missed hanging from its clawed hands.

Surprise round over, rolling initiative
GM 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Alarra 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Jo 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Ithad 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Moondark 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Satinal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Round 1

1. Ithad
2. Jo
3. GM
4. Alarra
5. Satinal
6. Moondark

Battle Map


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad will move up with Jo, so as to keep him in the light. Otherwise he keeps a ready crossbow in one hand.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo will rush up to assist Alarra.

Jo will move through the square Alarra occupies (if she allows him) or around through the channel if necessary. Either way Jo wants to end up on the other side of Alarra.

When he gets there he will attack (if everything works out that he can).

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

Alarra lets Jo through.

Cheliax

Jo, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only move 30 ft. per round - fast movement, but scale mail. That will put you at the corner on the side of Alarra where you came from, but you can still attack.

Jo runs up to Alarra, hammer in hand and Ithad trailing in his footsteps. He swings mightily at the small creature that attacked Alarra, but the little thing is quick and dodges out of the way causing Jo's blow to miss.

The creature screeches, "Aaaah! Big man no kill Snotsneak. Snotsneak fast." The creature takes a step back from Alarra and then runs like crazy into the right hand tunnel disappearing into the darkness.

Updated Battle Map

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

Moondark reaches the intersection last. "Did I just hear that thing call itself Snotsneak? Huh, well looks like it is gone for now and I'd rather not wait around for the Hellknights. Let's keep going."

I'd prefer not to be a the end of the line. move me up with Ithad.


Female Changeling Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1

Visibly disturbed by the miniature blender that erupted in her face a moment ago, Alarra stammers, "y-yes, I think that might b-be wise." She takes a moment to regain her composure, before saying "Thank you for chasing him off, Jo. It looks like we need to head left." She points to the somewhat-defaced chalk drawing.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

I should be good with fast movement up to heavy armor.

Jo looks very disappointed he missed the little creature.

"Yes, let's go!"

Cheliax

You continue to the left in the direction of the smudged sword, but soon come to another intersection where the sword is so smudged, you cannot even determine which way to go.

Map of Intersection with No Sword

The tunnels continue straight and to the right until you cannot see past the darkness. To the left, you can see a door at the edge of the light.

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

"Damn! It's like someone is trying to throw us off the path. Should I check on the door over there?" She asks nervously.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo looks down at Moondark.

"You go ahead little girl. If you got good ears. Jo come wif you if you scared."

Jo will accompany Moondark when she goes to the door.

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

"Just stay nearby."

Moondark creeps a bit ahead of Jo to peer into the lit room.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Male Human, Chelaxian Bard (Celebrity) 1

Ithad will keep Moondark covered, anything attacks will receive a crossbow bolt for its trouble.

Cheliax

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

thanks, I'll probably need it. I'm not nearly as sneaky as I think I am.

151 to 200 of 2,179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM / Lictor Lane's Who Needs Parenting? = CoT Team 1 IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.