Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM/Lictor Lane's Who Needs Parenting? = CoT Team 1 IC Thread (Inactive)

Game Master michaelane


1,551 to 1,600 of 2,179 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

I was for skipping the wings and just getting straight to the heart of the matter, um manor.


Male Half-Elf Rogue(Thug) 2

Well, the doors I suggested lead deeper into the manor...

Dark Archive

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

either way, Moondark would be a bit impatient about covering the same ground 'sall.


Female Half-Orc Fighter : 1, Sorceror (Draconic - Copper) : 1
Stats:
HP: 19, AC: 18, Tch: 12, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +3, W: +3, Init: +3, Per: +0

Lets go to the set of doors Byron mentioned. Everyone seems to have stopped, trying to figure out where to go ... so I start to head to the room with the spiders and turn to the set of double doors opposite the room in question. I look back to see if anyone else has followed me.


Init +2; Perc +6+FE; AC (PfE) 18+2/12+2/16, hp 20/20, san 8/11, saves 4/5/1, CMB +4, CMD 16 Modifiers: PfE

Emmett follows, but does not offer his opinion. All door lead to danger. For now that's all he can think of.

Dark Archive

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

Moondark grumbles about as she follows along.


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

Coran follows as well.


Male Human Inquisitor (2)

Roman keeps the rear guard, on the lookout for any threats from behind.


Female Half-Orc Fighter : 1, Sorceror (Draconic - Copper) : 1
Stats:
HP: 19, AC: 18, Tch: 12, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +3, W: +3, Init: +3, Per: +0

Once everyone is about 10 feet from the door I will push it open ...


Male Half-Elf Rogue(Thug) 2

Byron approaches the door with the rest of the party.

Dark Archive

Xianae pushes the door open. It sticks a little, but soon yields to her pressure with a creaking whine. Inside she sees a large room with a two-toned marble floor. A match to the door you stand in front of stands across the way and a door to the outside is cracked open to your left. A debris of sticks and bits of brush coats the floor. To your right, a staircase spirals toward the second floor of the building.
Map of Entrance


Male Half-Elf Rogue(Thug) 2

"Before we explore upstairs, let's finish clearing this level..."

Byron warily moves into the room, blade drawn, and begins to investigate.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23.

Dark Archive

There are quite a few goblin tracks in the debris on the floor. They seem to mostly go between the doors opposite you and the doors outside. You don't see any evidence of them going upstairs. A fireplace also stands against the north wall. I'll require specific checks for the doors and stairs if you want to check them too.


Male Half-Elf Rogue(Thug) 2

Ideally, I would take my time listening at / searching the doors (either take 10 or take 20), but if that is not possible...

Perception (Doors - West): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15.
Perception (Doors - South): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.
Perception (Stairs): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25.

Dark Archive

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

Moondark tightly grips her crossbow as she moves to the opposite door. "I say this way."


Female Half-Orc Fighter : 1, Sorceror (Draconic - Copper) : 1
Stats:
HP: 19, AC: 18, Tch: 12, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +3, W: +3, Init: +3, Per: +0

Staying beside Bryon I also try to hear anything through the doors or upstairs.

Perception (West Door) : 1d20 ⇒ 12
Perception (East Door) : 1d20 ⇒ 19
Perception (Stairs) : 1d20 ⇒ 18


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo walks over to the fireplace to check it out. He looks inside of it and kicks through the ashes.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Init +2; Perc +6+FE; AC (PfE) 18+2/12+2/16, hp 20/20, san 8/11, saves 4/5/1, CMB +4, CMD 16 Modifiers: PfE

Emmett takes a look around, studying his surroundings, weary of sneaky predators.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Dark Archive

Byron, you can take 10 or 20. Taking 20 will take about 2 minutes to check each location.
Byron finds a trip wire attached to the west door. The other locations appear to be clear.


Male Half-Elf Rogue(Thug) 2

Byron nods towards the trapped door.

"You might want to stand back, just in case."

He them pulls out a small leather case, filled with immaculately cared-for tools, and sets to work on the trap...

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24.

Dark Archive

You think you have managed to clip off the wire to disable the trap.


Init +2; Perc +6+FE; AC (PfE) 18+2/12+2/16, hp 20/20, san 8/11, saves 4/5/1, CMB +4, CMD 16 Modifiers: PfE

Emmett sighs as the wire is cut and nothing happens.

"Looks like we know where to go..."


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo stares at Byron wondering what he is staring at and moves over to the area. He watches Byron take out his tools and clips the trip wire.

Hmmm....wow....what did you cut dare? What did dat do? What would happen if Jo walked into dat?


Male Half-Elf Rogue(Thug) 2

Poking the thread ;-)

"It was a trap of some kind, Jo. It would have done not-nice things to you if you had simply walked through the door."

Dark Archive

Looks like a couple folks are away for the weekend. You guys ready to push through the door or want to pick it up again Monday or Tuesday.


Female Half-Orc Fighter : 1, Sorceror (Draconic - Copper) : 1
Stats:
HP: 19, AC: 18, Tch: 12, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +3, W: +3, Init: +3, Per: +0

Lets go through the door. I will be near the front if not at the front.


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

back from Detroit let's push ahead

Dark Archive

You push open the door and find yourselves entering a corridor that mirrors the one on the other side of the manor. A small box sits just inside the door with the remains of the trip wire attached to it. A closed double door stands to your left and a closed door to your right. Further to your right, the corridor intersects another corridor, most likely the one you have seen before running along the back of the manor.

Updated Map


Male Half-Elf Rogue(Thug) 2

Byron moves over to the single door, and checks it for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo looks at Byron and then the remains of the trap.

Why would someone do that? Jo thinks to himself.

With a puzzled look, Jo follows the rest deeper into the mansion.


Female Half-Orc Fighter : 1, Sorceror (Draconic - Copper) : 1
Stats:
HP: 19, AC: 18, Tch: 12, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +3, W: +3, Init: +3, Per: +0

I follow Byron, standing beside him when he looks about at this door. Once he says it is clear I will push the door open.


Male Human Inquisitor (2)

Roman assumes position next to the double door, keeping an eye on the front group while listening for any steps from the other side of the double door.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

Coran now a little jumpy draws his crossbow and waits

Dark Archive

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

Her own crossbow still ready, Moondark watches Roman at work and observes, "Double doors usually mean something important on the other side or something big anyway."


Init +2; Perc +6+FE; AC (PfE) 18+2/12+2/16, hp 20/20, san 8/11, saves 4/5/1, CMB +4, CMD 16 Modifiers: PfE

Emmett nods as Moondark states the almost obvious. He plays nervously with a button on his jacket, worried of the danger that lays ahead.


Male Human Inquisitor (2)

Roman replies in a hushed tone:
"True, but it could also mean it's unwise to barge straight through them."

Dark Archive

Updated Map
Let me know if you guys are ok with your positions.
Byron finds another tripwire on the door he is checking.

Roman:

You hear a skittering sound and high pitched giggling from the door you are listening at.


Male Half-Elf Rogue(Thug) 2

Byron lets out a long, slow breath.

"There is another trip-wire here. Wish me luck!"

He then pulls out his tools, and attempt to eliminate the trap...

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27.

Dark Archive

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1
GM/Lictor Lane wrote:
Let me know if you guys are ok with your positions.

outside the blast radius is great for me. ; )


Female Half-Orc Fighter : 1, Sorceror (Draconic - Copper) : 1
Stats:
HP: 19, AC: 18, Tch: 12, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +3, W: +3, Init: +3, Per: +0

I am happy where I am.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo is good with his position. Rosebud at the ready.


Init +2; Perc +6+FE; AC (PfE) 18+2/12+2/16, hp 20/20, san 8/11, saves 4/5/1, CMB +4, CMD 16 Modifiers: PfE

Okay too.

Dark Archive

GM Rolls:

Byron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Xianae 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Jo 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Roman 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Moondark 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Coran 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Emmett 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Baddies 1 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23
Baddies 2 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Byron 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Xianae 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Jo 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Roman 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Moondark 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Coran 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Emmett 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Baddies 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Baddies 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Byron snips the wire, again appearing to have met with great success. And that's when things begin to go a little nuts.

Surprise Round: Only Coran can act and acts before the bad guys.
Initiative Order for Round 1: Jo, Xianae, Moondark, Emmett, Coran, Baddies, Roman, Byron

Coran:

You hear movement in the north corridor and from behind the double doors near Roman.


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

GM:
The doors right in front of Roman just want to make sure before I say anything or do anything.

Dark Archive

Coran:

Correct


Cleric 2, HP: 15, AC: 18, Tch: 13, FF: 16 F: +6, R: +4, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +6

Coran takes a 5ft adjust through the doors to H2 casting Shield of Faith on Roman giving him a +2 Deflection bonus to AC. Then Coran Announces "We have incoming through the doors and from the north hall, Let's be ready.


Female Half-Orc Fighter : 1, Sorceror (Draconic - Copper) : 1
Stats:
HP: 19, AC: 18, Tch: 12, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +3, W: +3, Init: +3, Per: +0

I roar some words while gripping my axe tightly, my eyes scanning the area for any enemies. "aso ve persvek nomeno jathila vargach, letoclo ve nar sia wiot vis!"

Draconic:
"Aid me in this important battle, help me strike my foe true!"

I have cast True Strike.


M Human (Cheliaxan) Barbarian/Brutal Pugilist 2
STATS:
HP: 24, AC: 16, Tch: 11, FF: 16 F: +5, R: +1, W: +0, Init: +5, Per: +6

Jo will move up to I2 and ready an action to swing on anything that comes into his threat range.


Init +2; Perc +6+FE; AC (PfE) 18+2/12+2/16, hp 20/20, san 8/11, saves 4/5/1, CMB +4, CMD 16 Modifiers: PfE

Emmett stays where he is, getting ready to cast a curse on whoever steps through the door.

Ready action: Misfortune (Will DC 15)

Dark Archive

F Chelish Spy(Rog) 2/Detective (Brd) 1

Moondark lurks behind the door ready to fire at the first target.

stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

1,551 to 1,600 of 2,179 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM / Lictor Lane's Who Needs Parenting? = CoT Team 1 IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.