Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Levi's Eberron PbP - For King and Country

Game Master Levis


301 to 350 of 1,093 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Half-orc Monk/Level 3

Yep. Respectfully asking GM Levi, too as I didn't even notice that he said "running" there which would rightly nullify a perception check. I was in the impression, too that we were not running :) I actually have this image of a lumbering giant beetle in front of us :)


Male Human Druid 4th

I know Darius said he was on point and in his latest post he said that he looked back at Loche which would indicate the Rogue is on point. No indication of looking for traps in prior posts by anyone since we came into the prison; so, I personally wasn't expecting any. Traps in main corridor ways tend to kill or damage too many of your own people as they blunder into them far more then the rare intruder but then traps are part of the gaming 'story'.

Loche though will be happy at the demonstration of buildings and his point on stumbling into tar pits :D

With pursuers behind us, I'm fairly sure we weren't going slow. Indiana didn't walk away from the boulder chasing him. ;>

Reflex checks are needed then I'll put them into a spoiler.

Reflex:

Reflex Loche 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Reflex Beetle w Evasion 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
Loche wrote:

I know Darius said he was on point and in his latest post he said that he looked back at Loche which would indicate the Rogue is on point. No indication of looking for traps in prior posts by anyone since we came into the prison; so, I personally wasn't expecting any. Traps in main corridor ways tend to kill or damage too many of your own people as they blunder into them far more then the rare intruder but then traps are part of the gaming 'story'.

Loche though will be happy at the demonstration of buildings and his point on stumbling into tar pits :D

With pursuers behind us, I'm fairly sure we weren't going slow. Indiana didn't walk away from the boulder chasing him. ;>

Reflex checks are needed then I'll put them into a spoiler.

** spoiler omitted **

Good point. I say we hustle from this point on which is fast, but not so fast that the rogue can't make perception checks. I guess we are expected to call them on our own. I would rather find this out while dealing with a trap for level 3 characters than a CR 10 trap. My suggestion is to make a check at every intersection/door/etc, you know, the usual places.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Trap finding I do not have any more but I can still Perception for them. I'll remember to do so at every new point. But for now I am afraid we seem to have hit this one. Reflex is needed then? Or is it a different trap?


Male Human Game Master 5

"Running" is just the adjective I was using. It has more action in it than "hurrying" or whatnot. I was trying to build pressure to get you all to move a bit faster - up or down! ;) Would anyone like to make a perception check for the trap.

Darius feels the pressure change under his feet. So kind rogue, make that perception check, then the save if necessary! :)


Male Human Game Master 5

PS. Thanks for being understanding guys! Fast and loose right? ;)


Male Human Game Master 5

The Perception check for Darius (who is at point) is 20.

If failed:
Darius, failing to notice the trapped step under his foot, hustles up the stairs. The tell-tale pressure change gives the trap away. As if our of nowhere a massive axe swings down from the inclined ceiling. The axe is set on a track that curves with the stairs, allowing it to hit everyone in the group. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 to hit. Dealing 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 damage to all targets in the stairwell.

If successful:
Darius feels the pressure change, and lifts his fot before the trap goes off. He can warn the rest of the group of the trapped step as he pleases.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Nothing to be understanding about. You are doing better than I could at running this PbP! ;)

Perception-1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Feeling the step shift beneath him Darius stopped, throwing himself back a step and pausing. "Wait!" He paused, crouching low, studying the step intensely for a moment before looking up, following the curve of the ceiling with a careful eye. He could just about make out the glint of steel that marked the hidden trap.

"That was a close one... There is a trap right here!" he pointed down, indicating the step right before him. "I cant be sure exactly what it is. Id disable it if we had the time but..." Looking back over his shoulder to the bottom of the stairs he frowned. "To hell with it. Maybe whoever is coming after us will be in too much of a hurry to remember it. Come on. Lets keep going. just watch the switch!


Male Human Druid 4th

Loche groans visibly for a moment and waves the rest of the group ahead.

'Teaching lummox here,' he indicates with a tap of his staff as he hops off the beetle, 'a new trick like to not step somewhere is never pretty. You better get to safety and I'll see what I can do to lead him over with out putting his neck in the noose.'

This will likely count as a Push since I don't have something in the beetle's repertoire of tricks yet to avoid something. This could get interesting. ;> I guess I'll stand near the trap switch and then order my beetle to squeeze around me as if the corridor was narrower.


Male Drow Paladin 2

Vorik carefully steps over the plate, making sure he doesn't trigger the trap. "Nicely done there Darius. That could have been bad."


Male Human Game Master 5

As the group of you continue to climb the stairs, Darius makes out "the light at the end of the tunnel". Within 20 feet of Darius stands the doorway out of this horrible cesspit of a fortress. The night air drifts in from the yawning doorway, an orange glow coming accompanying the breeze and lighting the doorway.


Male Half-orc Monk/Level 3

Dakvor carefully follows the ones ahead to avoid the trap the perceptive elf found. "Nicely done indeed, Darius!"

Dakvor takes a look at the magical map again to see if the trap the elf saw might have been indicated there all along. And if it was, the half-orc monk would look for any such trap on the map of the corridors they'll be taking from now on.


Male Half-orc Monk/Level 3

oops sorry seems GM Levi's posting when I was just typing :)
Anyway as Dakvor's looking at the map already, he'll tell the group any helpful information the map reveals about what's ahead (and what's behind as well).


Male Human Game Master 5

Dakvor's Map:
The map reveals the dreadnaughts are closing in on the group, and the doorway in front of them is connected to a landing dock for a House Lyrandar Airship. He can see the Airships crew working on the ship loading "cargo" onto it. The ship is a smaller model.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"I think we should "borrow" this airship. Does anyone know how to fly it? If not we may need to "borrow" a pilot also."

I think we should ask a crew member where the captain/pilot is when we run into them.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Looking out at the bright light Darius pauses for a second, pulling a glass vial from his pouch, popping the stopper and downing the contents with a swallow.

Potion of C.L.W-1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Perception-1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Not noticing anything out of the ordinary, Darius takes a moment to tighten the straps of his armor, allowing the rest of the group to prepare for the coming onslaught.

"Well Gentlemen... Lets go be Pirates!" A feral grin crosses his lips as he draws his Blade and dashes out in to the open, making a beeline straight for the dock.

Initiative-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

I played the Perception check as if it were Darius. Quick scan - Nothing there - Head down and charge! Lets hope it doesn't backfire hey? :-) Also left enough time for everyone to heal wounds and draw weapons and generally prepare etc...


Initiative 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29.
This definitely means he can act before the elf goes rushing out with blades drawn.

Desh sees the blood-thirsty elf draw blades, and reacts before thinking. His fist shoots out and grabs the elf's shoulder, just enough to get him to hesitate (hopefully). "Wait a sec! We can't go killin' everyone we come across. Use that over-active mouth of yours to get them on our side. Make somethin' up! We're another crew that needs a lift. The guards shorted us money and want to keep us from leavin' and there's some monsters after us... anything. But we don't haffta kill everythin' movin' in here. That ain't right!"


Male Human Druid 4th

'I've got to agree that we don't need to be kill'n everything we see. We've still got a decent story in that we're bounty hunters. The guards at the gate ain't the same that are running the ship. A bit of gold or other items ought to be enough to buy passage to nearest city or wherever this ship be going.'

'Only prisoners wouldn't have money to offer to purchase a ride. If we have money then we can't be prisoners. And the only other thing inside a prison are guards and visitors.'

'You do have coin on ya?'


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"I agree. Talk first, fight second. I am not a good talker though."


"But.. ya know.. talk fast. i think those things are still comin' fer us."


Male Drow Paladin 2

"I hafta agree with the others, no need to just straight kill all those on the docks if we can talk our way onto a ship....though taking over said airship and becoming pirates isn't a bad idea either. Vorik says with a chuckle. He does pull out his sword however, just to be safe.


Male Half-orc Monk/Level 3

"Indeed, let's try diplomacy first. You still have your papers with you, Vorik, right? I suppose it's a starting point to show the captain of this airship. And yes, you can use Barik's funds if need be. And if it doesn't work then so be it . . . let's be pirates! We're in a big mess as it is already."

Having his say on the matter, Dakvor will peruse the map again and alternately glances on the corridor they just left behind, getting ready should the dreadnaughts spill out of it.

Initiative :
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Sighing softly and looking at his blade dejectedly, Darius regretfully allows the vision of himself as a Sky Pirate Captain slip away, as he slams the blade back in to the scabbard at his waist. "Fine. Lets try the civilized approach first then. But I will say I am low on funds. I have but five silver pieces to my name and the clothes on my back. This job was to see me in funds. But how as ever... I am sure I can credit the Captain till I get paid. Onward then my merry band of Mercenaries. Let us barter passage with the good Captain!"

Straightening himself up as best he can, Darius strides forward self assuredly, his face locked in an agitated scowl. Upon reaching the first Crewmate he steps forward. "Wheres your Captain?" he asks with a grunt. "Need to get me and the lads here off this forsaken rock and fast. Too damn morbid a place for me. We woz dropping off the prisoners like, nice and handy, ugly bastards they woz, weren't they Bones?" He grunts over his shoulder at the Dwarf before continuing on.

"Ugly bastards... One of em woz half troll or I aint an Elf! Right so we woz dropping em off and we woz down in them halls... Scary down there... When the beast here tread on a swith, damn nearly took all our heads off and all them damn Dwarves did was swear at us for messing up their security and setting off the alarm. Beast like that ain't meant for indoors I tell em but do they listen? Nah! Damned gold sniffers. Wouldn't taken the job only a mans gotta eat right?" He grins at the Crewman and pats him on the back.

"Id be mightily pleased if you'd take us to your Captain now and we can make arrangements to get off this hell hole. Mightily pleased!" He grinned and slipped the Crewman the purse of five silver. "Just for listening to an old Elf whine and for giving us a good word with your Skipper. Right?" he nudged the man with his shoulder and laughed. "Damned good to be in the air after that gloom. Damned good!"

Maybe over played but I was having fun... Sorry. Haha Bluff Check I believe-1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Desh acts as a rear-guard as the group moves across the dock to speak to the sky sailor, his bow still pointed back the way they came. "And hurry. Their security monsters is comin', and they ain't pleased."


Male Human Game Master 5

The crewman smiles at the cocky elf. "I can get the captain for you folks, although I don't believe we were expecting taking on any passengers here. Get your papers in line, I'll be right back with the captain." The crew man speaks with a slight Audarian lilt in his voice. With that, he turns and goes to get the Captain.

Crewman's Sense Motive Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

To Darius, it appears as though the elf is completely taken in by his kind and charming manner.

A few minutes pass, and before the crewman can return, the dreadaughts round the last turn of the spiral staircase that opens into the docking area. Desh, having drawn his bow, may make an attack. The guards, because of the climb, are surprised, and thus, flat-footed.

The dreadnaughts are heavily armored dwarves under the effects of an enlarge person. The carry large shields and large bastard swords.

Roll Initiative Team!

Kaius' Initiative - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Dreadnaughts Initiative - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Initiative:

[SURPRISE ROUND] DESH
25 - Kaius
24 - Dreadnaughts
10 - Dakvor

00 - [Out of Combat] Ship's Crew


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"I have coin if the captain needs some motivation."


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Initiative-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Nodding contentedly to himself Darius turned, gesturing to Desh, standing at the top of the stairs.


Male Drow Paladin 2

Levi, I need to know who you consider adjacent to me. I'm not sure if that's all 4 squares around me, or what. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Initiative.


Male Human Game Master 5
Vorik Kessler wrote:
Levi, I need to know who you consider adjacent to me. I'm not sure if that's all 4 squares around me, or what. 1d20+4 Initiative.

If I'm understanding you correctly, it's every square that touches you in my book.


Male Human Druid 4th

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

My posting will be limited until Sunday night. NPC me if you need to.


Male Half-orc Monk/Level 3

While looking at the map, Dakvor sees too late that the dreadnaughts are upon them already so that when the half-orc monk looks up all his companions were all aware already of the coming threat.

"Well the winds are upon us again!"


Male Drow Paladin 2

Ok guys, i need to know who is in the squares directly touching me


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
Vorik Kessler wrote:
Ok guys, i need to know who is in the squares directly touching me

It should be everyone from the way I had things lined up before.

The beetle with Loche was up front and the rest of us should be occupying the other squares. If there are more than 5 of us, not including the beetle and Loche, then someone will not be able to be adjacent to you.


initiative 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14.

Despite being fully prepared for the shot, seeing two 10 foot dwarves barrel wound the corner throws off his aim a bit. He digs into his natural-born power, however, his body and features becoming somehow more lean and feral.

Shift - dex up by 2, speed up by 20.
Bow 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16.
-- damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

"Well that has taken care of that..." Darius flicked his gaze over the Airship and back towards Desh. "This Ship is going to try leave without us now. We need to make sure it can't. And we need to stop these damn Dwarves. We have to split up!" Flicking his gaze back to the Airship Darius began to move.

"We may need to get Piratey so I'll leave it up to you all who follows me. I would say two of us should do. The rest will need to occupy the Dwarves at least for a little!"


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"One of them went to get the captain. I don't see the others running. They probably want to see a good fight."

Levi how far away are they from us, and how far away are we from the ship?


Male Human Game Master 5
Garish "Bones" Boulderdash wrote:

"One of them went to get the captain. I don't see the others running. They probably want to see a good fight."

Levi how far away are they from us, and how far away are we from the ship?

The ship is docked on the edge of the tower 25 feet away. The dreadnaughts are 10 feet from the doorway.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

On my turn:

Move action:Move to within 15 feet of the ship

Standard action:Ready action to attack the first oversized dwarf that gets within range.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Half-orc Monk/Level 3

Dakvor seeing the huge dwarves come out of the hole and step onto the docking yard realizes that these guys are for straight combatants. And knowing the magical map is of no use in this situation anymore, pockets it (move action). And decides to follow Darius to the airship (move action).

Of course, this action of the half-orc monk might change given that I think he's last in the initiative rolls. In that case, he should still be standing on the squares touching Vorik.


Male Drow Paladin 2

Vorik decides it's time to start giving orders. "Bones, make a stand with me, front line. Desh, fall back to just behind us. I'm going to call on some divine aid to give us a bit of an edge, but it will only work if you stay next to me"

Move action to place himself roughly halfway between the dreadnaughts and the ship. Ready an action to spend a Lay on Hands to activate Shared Defense(grants +1 Sacred bonus to AC, CMD and Saves, for 3 rounds) once Bones and Desh are in place.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

I chose the 15 ft away from the ship so that if we started getting out butt kicks we can run. It is also useful if the captain tries to leave us. My 15 ft is also about halfway so I guess it all works out after all. You all still have a standard action left.


Male Human Druid 4th

'Looks like you're going to need a bit of an upgrade to tackle these boys. My beetle can probably hold up one of these dwarfs. At least long enough for the rest of you to put the other to bed. If we need cover to run then I can summon the mists of the forest to give that but I doubt it would last long enough to keep then away from the airship.'

Preparing to cast Lockjaw on the Beetle.

lockjaw

It will last three rounds and give +4 on grab attacks with the beetle's bite attack.


Male Human Game Master 5

Discussion Thread


Male Human Game Master 5

Desh begins to shiver as he speeds up, fur ruffling as if hit by a light breeze, his visage turns feral. He launches off an arrow at the enlarged Dwarves, which bounces off the armored guards, shattering on their stony full plate.

The Dreadnaughts charge forward up the stairs aiming for Vorik. Raising their large bastard swords, they strike! 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 (+6 BaB, +4 str, +1 size, +2 Charge, +1 weapon)... failing to penetrate his armor!

Darius, Dakvor, and Bones start to maneuver to the docked airship. Thus far, the half-elf crewman haven't noticed the action. Bones moves to stand beside the paladin, who is attacking the guards, gaining the bonuses bestowed by the Sovereign Hosts and the Dark Six. Kaius moves in to be able to strike at the guards with his daggers.

Loche pulls some sticky tree gum from his spell pouch, and rolling it between his fingers begins to chant. The beetles jaws glow with a strange light and doubles in size.

Hearing the casting, the half-elf crewmen take note of the battle.
Crewmen Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Initiative Order:
Round 1
SURPRISE - Desh
25 - [Move to Strike] Kaius
24 - [Charge] Dreadnaughts
17 - [Move] Bones
15 - [Move and Blessing] Vorik
14 - [___] Desh
12 - [Spell] Loche
10 - [Move] Dakvor
10"-" - [___] Darius (Roll Initiative!)

18 - [Out of Combat] Ship's Crew


Male Human Druid 4th

Loche dismounts from his beetle.

Loche orders his beetle companion to charge forward and attack one of the Dreadnaughts.

Move and Bite:

Loche Riding roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Handle Animal to order attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Beetle obeys

Beetle charge attack with Power Attack Bite +6 -1 PA +2 charge 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Likely missed the attack.


Desh dives backwards, rolling between the legs of the beetle and teh tall paladin. As he rolls to his feet, he grabs the silver flame medallion at his neck, "Flame guide my arrows." As he finishes his prayers, his bow begins to glow subtly.

Move back to put our front-liners between the dreadnaughts and himself, tumbling if necessary to avoid their reach. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9.
Then cast Divine Favor. (+2 to attack and damage for 10 rounds).


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

<Seeing the beetle charge into the dwarves>
Bones ask the paladin should they stand their ground or charge in also.

I will follow Vorik's lead even if it means delaying until he goes.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Initiative-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Moving quickly towards the ship, Darius casts a glance back over his shoulder at the dwarves before swearing softly. Drawing his Shortbow he lets loose with an arrow at one of the over sized aggressors.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human Druid 4th
Garish "Bones" Boulderdash wrote:

<Seeing the beetle charge into the dwarves>

Bones ask the paladin should they stand their ground or charge in also.

I will follow Vorik's lead even if it means delaying until he goes.

The Dwarf Dreadnaughts have already charged the Paladin. See Levi's last post. Vorik was missed on that post do to his armour. I sent the beetle in to the melee divide up the Dreadnaughts attacks so Vorik is not the only one getting smacked.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
GM Levi wrote:


Darius, Dakvor, and Bones start to maneuver to the docked airship. Thus far, the half-elf crewman haven't noticed the action. Bones moves to stand beside the paladin, who is attacking the guards, gaining the bonuses bestowed by the Sovereign Hosts and the Dark Six. Kaius moves in to be able to strike at the guards with his daggers.

** spoiler omitted **

If I am not already beside the paladin then I use my move action to get there.

I will use my standard action to attack.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

301 to 350 of 1,093 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Levi's Eberron PbP - For King and Country All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.